PDA

View Full Version : who here still plays Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2?

Skaterzpenguin
February 18th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I still play the first and second pokemon stadium games. :) They are still fun, because they are way better than Pokemon colusseum and PBR, because I was hoping for Pokemon stadium 3 or 4, but no that never happen. I just recently deleted my data on pokemon stadium 2 and been playing that everyday after school. ;) In the game so far I have completed the gym leader section, elite 4, and kanto gym battles. I'm working on my way beating the prime and the other cups. I'm still on Round 1.
Anyways how far are you in your game(s) and do you have time playing these games and have fun again??? :)

Forgiven
February 19th, 2008, 02:15 AM
i know what you mean about them being better than colusseum but BR on wii you must be a loony lol

Crimson Arcanine
February 19th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Its actually better in some ways than BR. Of course PS 2 I can't use to see my Lucario look cool owning others. XD

Forgiven
February 19th, 2008, 04:32 AM
the battles are funner in PS 2 but the storie is better in PBR

Twinx
February 19th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Ya I still play stadium 2, just to battle my little bro'...
I think I've reached the Team Rocket battle and stopped there :P
It's still fun to play, even if it's outdated.

Skaterzpenguin
February 19th, 2008, 06:19 AM
the battles are funner in PS 2 but the storie is better in PBR
There is no story in PBR. You only battle and get points its just like the battle tower...

Amp
February 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I play Stadium 2 on a *coughemulatorcough*

wow_wow
February 20th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I think it still great but it can't be better than PBR :))
Gen II system doesn't include Ability, Nature ... and Pokemon is not too much so it will be boring to play !

Tater Tot
February 20th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I have both pokemon Stadium I and II, but II is soooo much better than I. Yup, I still play it every now and then, Pokemon Stadium is much better than Colisseum. I agree.

wolverfrog
February 21st, 2008, 01:32 AM
lol, iv'e still got my n64, stadium 1, and my transfer pack from the good all days before wireless gaming...........only jokin'! i love wireless gaming.....but still, pokemon stadium just has a ceartain appeal to me, i played my first pokemon game on it!
colleseum was okay, but it just didn't have the same experience as stadium, and the rpg mode was....bland. xd god was actually really good, i must of clocked 60 hrs on that, battle revolution, well......meh, i was expecting more. an rpg mode would have been mint, where you use the wiimote to throw the ball.....oh well. i trashed my friend on it once though with my alakazam and dialga, he never put a scratch on it.

Tetsu
February 21st, 2008, 02:20 AM
I, too, still play Stadium 2. I like it slightly better than Colosseum, but even Stadium 1 was better than PBR. Nintendo really dropped the ball on that one >.<

I love to free-battle my Cousin, Constantly become Mini-Game Champion on Very Hard mode (I love Furret and Delibird's games particularly), and getting stomped on the gym leader tower... Ok, I don't LOVE that part but it's the experience that matters!

Off-Topic: My Delibird point record stands at 12,600, and my quickest Eevee reaction time was 0.02. No Joke!

The Graceful Assassin
February 21st, 2008, 02:57 PM
i still play my PS and PS 2 mainly cause of all the memories from it. ( like attempting to upload missingno lol) i think its better than colosseum but not PBR cause PBR has wifi.

nich1jb
February 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I play Stadium 1 from time to time. I might try and find Stadium 2 on eBay or something.

Flyinglilypad
February 21st, 2008, 03:19 PM
I still play Pokemon stadium one. I've just beat MewTwo.

Jayster23
February 23rd, 2008, 04:02 AM
I still play PS1 seems as i don't have P S 2 but it's fun as and when i'm really bored i start Red again and play that in GB Tower plus i'm have almost beat stadium

Forgiven
February 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
im very stuned at the popularity of PS 1&2 but pokemon snap is better

The Virus
February 23rd, 2008, 08:17 AM
Yes. They are A LOT better than Colosseum and PBR.

j.a
February 24th, 2008, 08:14 AM
i have both but i only play them untill i get my hands on pbr.

Hundred Poke
February 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Cool!
Thanks! :) This thread is so cool!

Fearless
February 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
PK 1 and 2 are my favs. I never liked the PC on gamecube. I always get to play PK 1 and 2 on my comp. using my Emulator :D

Route 34
February 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I still play Pokémon Stadium 2 albeit mostly for the Game Boy Tower so that I can play Gold at triple speed. I suspect that the game would quickly get boring without the Transfer Pak.

In terms of gameplay I agree with Raixz - Pokémon Snap is better.

Tadano_nika
February 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I never owned a N64, but I'm still hoping to find a reasonably priced N64 pikachu edition and pokemon stadium 1 + 2 someday (along with a few other games)
call me sentimental, but I used to play some of those games with a friend of mine, and I loved them so much. retro gaming ftw ;)

Hotaru
February 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I loved Pokemon Stadium. The game I played belonged to my cousin, though, so I can't play anymore. D: I wish I owned it, just for old time's sake.

I used to love the mini-games, too -- especially the Lickitung sushi one. xD

Team Poison
February 26th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Playing Pokémon Stadium 1 + 2 is the only way to train my Pokémon on Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver three times faster using the Dodrio GB Tower.

Tanro
February 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I just found myself a new copy of stadium 2 last night at a trade in game store. Now I gotta find a copy of stadium and snap.

But yeah I play stadium 2 now, mainly because I am playing crystal.

Jeremy
February 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I still do sweeties, because I'm still playing Gold. X3

Col~
February 26th, 2008, 03:45 PM
trying to get an n64 off my friend, and then im gonna buy both if possible. i love those games.

*PrincessPika-chu*
February 28th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I still play Stadium 1 and 2. This is why I refuse to get rid of my N64. It is Nintendo's best. I play it when I am tired of the repetition and frustration of PBR. I enjoy battling the gym leaders and hearing the good soundtracks they used to have in pokemon games.

flareonmaster
February 28th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 were so much fun.
Wouldn't be weird if i already played them for more then 500 houres

MissMegano
February 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM
aww, i love those PS!!! even if i only battle my neighbors on it and play the mini games. :3

Rettan
March 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 is pwnage! I friggin loved those 2 games!
Me and my friends gather sometimes t play mini games with a bottle of Tequila xD
Retro Gaming pwnage nights ^^

Colosseum is my favorite storyline but I missed the narrator "Whats the matter trainer?" or "Its a one hit wonder!" "Sparks are flying for this heated match!" and more xD
I didnt like Pokemon XD at all, the character... After havin the great Wes all EVIL and white hair and the cool Harley Davison like motorbike and the hawt girl followin ya xD
Having to run around with a red headed little boy in a power wheels motorbike that has a Dragon ball like scouter that detects shadow pokemons and purifying chamber makes opening the pokemon´s heart so easily, and the BGM... Colosseum pwns it forever... AAAAAAAH

Pokemon Battle Revolution is like... a Pokemon Stadium 3... Its friggin amazing... However I NEED MINI GAMES TOO!!!

Avey
March 14th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Indeed I do.

I play Pokèmon Stadium Two every once in a while, which I borrowed from my friend and never gave back.

It's just the originality and past time's sake that makes me play.

Espreon
March 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I still have my N64 and I still play PS2 (not the system) PS1 sucked...
My Gold version is floating somewhere but I don't play it because the battery has run dry. I can't play my GC and my N64 because the A/V cables are broken thanks to my 6 year old brother.

But I play PS2 + Pokemon Gold on my computer via Project64...

Murasaki
March 23rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
I really wanna play Stadium 1 (just for the mini games really... they were awesome xD) but I don't have my N64 anymore. :(

And I agree, the stadium games were much better. Though I do like PBR a lot. Wifi is addictive.

Darthbane2007
March 25th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Pokemon Stadium I & II are the best, way better than Colisseum and PBR. ( Ducks to avoid the knives and whatnot from people who want to kill him for saying PBR is bad.)

Maria Santos
March 25th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Oh the wonders that Monster Brain can do for Pokemon Stadium... I gave clefable slash, alakazam all the elemental punches, hypnosis on mew, and hydro pump on magikarp O_O

GS the Bounty Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah I still play S1 with my friends. It's always fun to go woop my friends with the ol' 'reginals!

I was going through the stadium but gave up.

damion
March 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
to be honest i miss stadium 2 :(

~Ryukaa
March 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Oooh I play it! The Red battle was so hard!

Apathetic_Yen
March 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM
My friends and I always played the mini games on stadium. We would stay up all night screaming our heads off cuz they were friggin fun

Pookachu
March 29th, 2008, 05:12 AM
I do rarely on a N64 emulator on my PC.

Like once every 6 months?
xd

holdon88
April 5th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Okay. So here's my PS 2 timeline. I buy the game when I'm like 13 or something. I remember it was one of my most played N64 games. I absolutely loved it, it's one of my top 5 favorite games of ALL TIME for any console/and pc. ..And then I don't touch it for a few years, as with most of my games, I move onto other things. But the great thing was that I brought it to college during my freshmen year. WOW, we played the sh*t outta of that game. I guess I was lucky all my roommates and hallmates still had good feelings towards Pokemon. We had minigame tourmanents, and 2 VS 2 battles. At one point, there were eight of us in one room screaming and hollering at who would win the last mini-game round. Once you realize how awesome this game in terms of multiplayer, it takes it a step above.

DaiLinn
April 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I love playing Stadium with friends but I don't have many friends to play it with. =<

Got Stadium 2 on my computer though and have been playing it. :3

Feuer
April 6th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I want to play PS2 again but I can't be bothered plugging in my N64. Might do it soon or now maybe. I'm up to the Ultra Ball cup but that's not the only thing I do. I think I can beat the E4 now that I'm better at the game. I still haven't got Mew or Mewtwo and don't know how to get them. Does anyone know how I get them?

altierer
April 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Well, im playing it, but not constantly. I alredy completed PokeCup, and i'm stuck at Giovanni. (Pkmn Stadium 2). I am almost finishin the school challenge.
Im not a fan of this game, but i like it!

[Sorry for my english, brazilian...]

speedhost101
April 6th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Aren't you supposed to get Mew and/or Mewtwo in your gameboy game first?

Super_Lawliet
April 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I play Stadium 1 everyother day...my cousin stole Stadium 2 then lost it (He didn't even have a 64)

fade101
April 9th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Yea, i like played stadium 2 just now... how do i get lugia or ho-oh???? i know its a dumb question but c'mon somebody help me!!!

DannyPhantom
April 9th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I would like that everybody here would still play Pokémon because that is the main content of the Forum xD

Yeah, I still play it, not as much as I used to though

Feuer
April 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Woot. Owned the Ultra Cup. I just needed to use 1 extra continue and i had like 5 so i'm up to master rank. ten i've clocked the game, lol. I liked Earl's Academy and I just realised how fun the mini-games were when I played them again. Hitmontop minigame owns.

Dunsparce
April 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I'm currently working on my Stadium 2(Called Pokemon Stadium outside of Japan). Really O.o;

I'm trying to get ahold of Pokemon Stadium Gold and Silver (Called Stadium 2 outside of Japan)

A three game series:

-Pokemon Stadium (Japan Only)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_%28Japanese%29
-Pokemon Stadium 2 (aka Stadium)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_%28English%29
-Pokemon Stadium GS (aka Stadium 2)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_2

They should've made a 4th Stadium Game D: