PDA

View Full Version : Your sign?

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
What sign are you?

(Like Aquarius, Virgo, etc.)

I'm a Libra

BTW, Speaking of signs, do you believe that horoscopes are true?

---

How do you tell what's your sign?:
Your birthday date

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_aquarius.gif Aquarius (1/20-2/18)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_pisces.gif Pisces (2/19-3/20)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_aries.gif Aries (3/21-4/19)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_taurus.gif Taurus (4/20-5/20)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_gemini.gif Gemini (5/21-6/21)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_cancer.gif Cancer (6/22-7/22)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_leo.gif Leo (7/23-8/22)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_virgo.gif Virgo (8/23-9/22)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_libra.gif Libra (9/23-10/22)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_scorpio.gif Scorpio (10/23-11/21)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_sagittarius.gif Sagittarius (11/22-12/21)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_capricorn.gif Capricorn (12/22-1/19)

Wish
February 19th, 2008, 12:51 PM
According to my birthdate, I'm the Water Bearer! Otherwise known as Aquarius!

Cassino
February 19th, 2008, 01:21 PM
The Ram/Aries.
In the Chinese zodiac, I'm the Monkey.

El Gofre
February 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Taurus
And lovin the happy tree friends pic achamo

Kotowari
February 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Taurus all the way.
I don't like changes, I don't easily make friends, but I'm one to stay a friend, trustworthy, artistic, aware of the values of stuff (I think =o)

Twinx
February 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'm a Libra, but I don't bother to read the horoscopes because I don't believe in them.
My life is not controlled by some cosmic objects :P

Achamo, maybe you should add to the question if people believe in horoscopes, so the answers won't be so short...

Tangerine Fox
February 19th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I'm born on the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius (Jan. 19th). I was born in the month of the Ox, hour of the dog, during the year of the Yang Metal Horse (metal earth goat in agriculture). This is most elements, I think. Plus, this is excluding Ophiuchus/Serpentarius, which isn't counted in most sun sign-based astrology. :p

I don't believe in horoscopes, but I think they're fun and interesting to read, nonetheless. When they match, it's quite amusing, but either way, most of them are one-on-many, so I find it hard to believe that a few sentences are going to apply to the tons of people under that sign.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 19th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Taurus
And lovin the happy tree friends pic achamo

Thanks Flaky all teh way w('_')w

I'm a Libra, but I don't bother to read the horoscopes because I don't believe in them.
My life is not controlled by some cosmic objects :P

Achamo, maybe you should add to the question if people believe in horoscopes, so the answers won't be so short...

Just did.

Thanks for the tip.

Ichikool
February 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I'm a fire sign, Sagittarius. =)
Flaky is awesome by the way. HTF rocks XD

Gary, the Magic Fairy
February 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I is a Leo~ :3

I do believe. Especially after an incident a few weeks ago when I freaked out when my horoscope thing was coming true almost every day. XD

Rai
February 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm a Scorpio :3 So are a bunch of my friends O_O

Lil-Dill
February 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Im an Aquarius. Pretty cool huh? lol but I was supposed to be a Capricorn but I was born 2 weeks later, so Im a proud to be Aquarius. btw did you know that Aquarius isnt supposed to be a water element, according to ancient Greek language Aquarius means air. So I believe Im either an Air or Water sign.

Midnight Beat
February 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I've never really had anything to do with the whole sign thing, but mine is Taurus. And no, I don't believe in horoscopes. All they do is put random crap vague enough for it to apply to any situation their readers might have. That's not to say they aren't fun to think about.

Saryka
February 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm a Leo, but I don't believe in horoscopes or astrology at all. :/

Zanacross
February 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Oh Leo oh Leo the brave.

That is me as 13th of August.

I don't believe in them. They are just rather cool.

Leo is the best and no one can deny

Anastasia.R
February 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hm ... I happen to be Scorpio! :D

~A.R

abarai
February 19th, 2008, 03:18 PM
im gemini, i dont believe in horoscopes aswell, but sometimes they can be interesting to read.

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 19th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm an Aquarius, the water sign.

Himawarii
February 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hmm,I'm a Pisces,and many of the traits Pisceans have are very much me 8D

Gummy
February 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I'm a Virgo (Sept. 10th) and no, I don't believe in horoscopes. They're so vague, they can apply to any aspect of life.

Red1530
February 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I am Leo the Lion according to both astrologers and astronomers. For an explanation of my statement go here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac#Table_of_constellations_vs._zodiac_signs).

Pikabloo
February 19th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Gemini ^^ I don't believe in horoscopes, though.

Bu they are quite interesting to read.

Stevo-kun
February 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
My sign is Sagittarius. But just barely, I was born on the last day of that sign (December 21st), one day later, and I woulda been a Capricorn, I'm a cusp child XD. Anyways, I don't really believe in horoscopes.

Ausaudriel
February 19th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm a Taurus, and I'm told constantly that it suits me very well, or that I'm "such a Taurus!" and I'm like, what. XD

Apparently I'm stubborn, controlling, etc. >_>;

mystletainn
February 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm a Cancer through and through. I fit almost every quality I've read about in the Astrology books I've read.

THEROGE12
February 19th, 2008, 05:55 PM
IM A PISCES YAYAYAYA

IM LUCKY

Gerri Shin
February 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/ast/gr/icons_aries.gif Aries. I don;t believe them but they are fun to read every now and then. the ones in the local newspaper here are sometimes so vague that I laugh just the fact that they actually published it. "tonite: whatever"

Sweet Candace
February 19th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I'm a Gemini [May 23rd]. I really don't pay attention to the horoscopes that much

Lumine
February 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'm a Virgo and no I don't believe in those horoscopes rubbish.

Tangerine Fox
February 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Im an Aquarius. Pretty cool huh? lol but I was supposed to be a Capricorn but I was born 2 weeks later, so Im a proud to be Aquarius. btw did you know that Aquarius isnt supposed to be a water element, according to ancient Greek language Aquarius means air. So I believe Im either an Air or Water sign.

Aquarius is an air sign (along with Gemini and Libra). It's simply known as "The Water Bearer" because the constellation can be interpreted as a person pouring water from a vase and said constellation is named using Latin meaning "water-bearer" or "cup-bearer," thus the title. If you're born under Aquarius, you're an air sign.

For anyone who wants to know the element connected to their sign without looking elsewhere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_astrology), here's a little list:

Fire: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius.
Earth: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn.
Air: Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.
Water: Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

Each element also has one of three main qualities: Cardinal, fixed, or mutable.

Cardinal: Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn.
Fixed: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius.
Mutable: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces.

I think there are other sub-qualities and things can cross over and mix up and such, but I know these basics, at the very least. Ah, simplification. I'm tempted to use my "Rotten Day" astrology book, since the descriptions and titles are so much more entertaining, but I don't want to go get it right now. :p

Warheart
February 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I'm a Pisces, which sucks because they have the general stereotype of being selfish, arrogant, narcissistic douchebag. XD;

It's cool though, I mean..it's not like I actually follow, or believe in any of this crap anyways. It doesn't really..make sense that a person's personality can be characterized based on what month they were born in ._.

I used to read my horoscope almost daily, until I eventually realized that the "predictions" they give you..really just apply to everyone.

New Age Retro Hippie
February 20th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Gemini : D The gale-force wind... The qualities actually apply to me...

Aizuke
February 20th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I'm an Aries.

I guess since it's like a ram.. I'm kinda headstrong?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 20th, 2008, 06:48 AM
You should know your sign by now, I'm just saying

Anyways I'm a Capricorn, I was born on January 6

:t354:TG

Jaimes
February 20th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Am an Aries, not that I care- I mean you must be so gullible (or incredibly arrogant) to believe that the planets actually move just for you, so the horoscope writers can 'read them' and predict your future from it.

The writing is all Forer effect. Horoscopes are so vague that it can apply to anyone and parts which don't apply to you, you tend to ignore completely. ¬_¬

For example this horoscope:
You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.
Was shown to the public and asked for them to rate 1-5 on accuracy. The average was 4.3.
This technique (and elaborate psycological con) is also used in cold reading, psychic scams, seances, contacting the dead, pseudoscience and alternative remedies. Some more info here. (http://www.skepdic.com/forer.html)

I get annoyed how rubbish like this crops up in newspapers posing as fact... the space could be used for real news or a sudoku XD

Virtual Chatot
February 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I don't believe in any of this crap, but I'm Tauros

Zorua
February 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I love my sign <3

I'm a Leo. Before I didn't like it, but now I've grown pretty used to my sign once I knew more, and it become quite awesome to me.

Xairmo
February 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Im Taurus, born on May,19
And I think that is the cut off day for Taurus too

JX Valentine
February 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Stop.

Virgo, September 16. Practically the only part of the stereotypical Virgo description that fits me is the OCD tendencies.

Idiot!
February 20th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Horoscopes are rubbish. I am born on the 20th of April. Some say Aries, some say Taurus. I say none.

Tetsu
February 20th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Like my Tag line says. I'm Gemini.
Naturally, the Gemini are con-men/con-women, or at least deceptive. We don't pay mind to others except when it benefits us at their expense.

Yup that's me.

Binary
February 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'm a Virgo (September 15th)
I sometimes do and sometimes don't believe in horoscopes, pretty wierd XD

~C3LEBI

txteclipse
February 21st, 2008, 01:58 PM
I'm a Gemini. However, I don't believe in astrology at all. I'm responsible for my actions: not the planets, and not anyone else.

And I'm not a con-man, either ;)

destinedjagold
February 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
I am the scale, or the LIBRA...
I like it's description though, that a person that has been born under the sign of LIBRA, he/she knows how to balance the things around him/her...

And no.., I don't believe in horoscopes, but they're fun and sometimes, they come true... :D

Virtual Headache
February 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Saggitarius.
I do read horoscopes, but I don't believe in them, I forget what they said most of the time anyway.

diamondpearl876
February 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
I'm a Ram/an Aries.

I don't believe in horoscopes, but I like to read them from time to time just to see if they were anywhere near close. XP

Jubilation
February 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm a leo, I'm meant to be loyal ^^

Forever
February 21st, 2008, 10:51 PM
Taurus. That other teacher we used to have was a taurus too... and just like me. >_>

Sweet Smoochum
February 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm a Pisces, which sucks because they have the general stereotype of being selfish, arrogant, narcissistic douchebag. XD;

It's cool though, I mean..it's not like I actually follow, or believe in any of this crap anyways. It doesn't really..make sense that a person's personality can be characterized based on what month they were born in ._.

I used to read my horoscope almost daily, until I eventually realized that the "predictions" they give you..really just apply to everyone.

I am so NOT selfish, arrogant, or narcissistic. Thats messed up! I'm a Pisces seeing as my birthday is February 24th. (Day after tomorrow.)

This is what I read somewhere about Pisces.

"Best Friend: Sensitive Cancer
Perfect Match: Grounded Virgo

You're sweet and gentle, so people might mistake your kindness for cluelessness; but that's so way off! Your mind embraces the entire cosmos, and you can absorb information just by being in the same room with it. That's probably why so many of your friends say that your psychic abilities spook them out. Your sensitivity and your ability to pick things up without even knowing it makes you good at all the arts, especially poetry and music.

Your strength: You love to help people, so working as a nurse or teacher might be right for you. As you get older and more confident, you'll make a fantastic manager, because you'll know what your workers need before they even start complaining. You might also have a career as a writer, a painter, sculptor, actor, or musician.

Your relationships: In relationships, it's important that you don't lose yourself to the other person. You need friends who appreciate your sensitivity, but who won't take advantage of your giving nature. It's also healthy for you to have someone who brings you back down to earth. You stand a better chance of avoiding pain if you vow to take romantic relationships step by step. Be strong, go slow and keep your heart wide open to universal love!"

I don't fully believe in horoscopes, but it's right sometimes. I've also read that Pisces are the most "emotional."

Jaimes
February 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
I don't fully believe in horoscopes, but it's right sometimes.

No offence, but that horoscope is pathetic. It's only ever right because it applies to anyone if they want to believe it. Remember there are also billions of other people with the same star sign as you- they get identical horoscopes as well, so how can they be right?

1) The first concept is the Forer effect - which is how our brains work. We notice somethings that you think reflect or are specific to you and amplify them, whereas things that don't apply to you are ignored and forgotten about.
2) Another aspect is that people see themselves only how they want to see themselves. Horoscopes avoid negative words and praise the reader a lot.
3) Vagueness -words are used which are so non-specific it can be interpreted to whatever the reader wants.

Let me give some examples of the obvious parts with the corresponding points:

You're sweet and gentle, so people might mistake your kindness for cluelessness; but that's so way off!
Anyway: "sweet and gentle" - everyone wants to be this, if someone said this to you, you wouldn't deny it, regardless if you were or weren't (1 & 2). "Cluelessness" is a somewhat vague word isn't it? is that clumsiness, forgetfulness or just plain stupidity? Why isn't it more accurate or direct? (2 & 3) Also it's briefly mentioned, so easily looked over (1). "That's way off" contradicts all the earlier points, praising the reader as well as giving a massive list of things that the reader could think they are aswell (i.e opposite of 'clueless', such as smart etc.) (2&3) Your mind embraces the entire cosmos, and you can absorb information just by being in the same room with it. That's probably why so many of your friends say that your psychic abilities spook them out. Again this praises the reader for their cosmiccy mental powers... (2) Noticably it's very waffly (3) and slightly more specific- the cosmos and being in the same room? Because this sentence makes almost no real sense, it is easily overlooked and forgotten about (1). Finally, psychic abilities are about as real as Invisible Pink Unicorns, the horoscope is a supposed 'psychic' technique, thereby from fooling a reader, it plugs other 'psychic' tricks as well & basically lies to the reader as to how itself is reliable.
Your sensitivity and your ability to pick things up without even knowing it makes you good at all the arts, especially poetry and music.Usual praise again, it does say 'all the arts' - I guess that includes other less specific ones perhaps like dancing, pottery, watercolours, sculpting etc... (2&3)

Your strength: You love to help people, so working as a nurse or teacher might be right for you. As you get older and more confident, you'll make a fantastic manager, because you'll know what your workers need before they even start complaining. You might also have a career as a writer, a painter, sculptor, actor, or musician.
This is just ridiculous, it might as well list every job available. Seriously, 9 different job options that 'might be right for you'? It's great how they all have different qualities as well e.g medicine (scientific), teaching (people relations), manager (almost anything goes- just be bossy), writer (languages), artist and so on.. (3)

This horoscope was so stupid, I didn't even bother to analyse the final paragraph.. You get the idea. -_-

B-Baller
February 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
I am a Virgo. I don't believe in horoscopes though.

Went
February 23rd, 2008, 04:02 AM
I'm Saggitarius, but when I say that my birthday is in November, everyone thinks I'm Scorpio X_X

Jayster23
February 23rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
Im Gemini (May 23rd) i dont know what it stands for

PokemonRox
February 23rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
i am aries!!! and pretty much any thing i read about the sign is right about me O.O

Sea_Guardian
February 23rd, 2008, 05:36 AM
I'm a Scorpio! November is my b-day so....

Sanctuary
February 23rd, 2008, 05:41 AM
I'm a Sagittarius (December 4), but I really dislike the pictures, since they only ever depict a male. XD

Sometimes I believe in horoscopes, because strangely they all seem to actually be true sometimes. But if someone asked me straight forward I'd probably say no.

Michii
February 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
I'm the first day of Cancer. I don't believe in horoscopes, but I have to admit: many aspects that cancer covers are in my own personality.

Cancer, the fourth Sign of the Zodiac, is all about home. Those born under this Sign are 'roots' kinds of people and take great pleasure in the comforts of home and family. Cancers are maternal, domestic and love to nurture others. More than likely, their family will be large, too -- the more, the merrier! Cancers will certainly be merry if their home life is serene and harmonious. Traditions are upheld with great zest in a Cancer's household, since these folks prize family history and love communal activities. They also tend to be patriotic, waving the flag whenever possible. A Cancer's good memory is the basis for stories told around the dinner table, and don't be surprised if these folks get emotional about things to boot. Those born under this Sign wear their heart on their sleeve, which is just fine by them.
The mascot of Cancerians is the Crab, and much like this shelled little critter, Cancerians are quick to retreat into their shells if it suits their mood. No wonder these folks are called crabby! For Cancer, it's not that big of a deal, though, since they consider this 'shell' a second home (and they do love home). The flip side of this hiding is that shell-bound Crabs are often quite moody. Further, in keeping with their difficulty in sharing their innermost feelings, it can become a Herculean task to pry a Crab out of its secret hiding place. What to do? Give the Crab time -- eventually these folks will come out to play again. When they do, they'll be the first to say so, in keeping with the Cardinal Quality attached to this Sign. It's said that Crabs are first to laugh and first to cry, so you can bet they'll fill you in. That shell, by the way, isn't the only tough thing about Crabs. These folks are tenacious and strong-willed and like to get their way. If their well-documented kindness and gentleness doesn't do the trick, however, they're not above using emotional manipulation to make things happen. If that still doesn't work, they'll just go back to their shell and sulk, or find a way to get back at the source of their pain, since Crabs can be rather vindictive. That said, any self-respecting Crab would tell you that they are ultimately motivated by protecting their home and loved ones, a most noble goal.
Cancerians are ruled by the Moon, the Great Mother of the heavens in ancient times. Here on Earth, this is manifested in the Crab's maternal instincts and desire to protect home and hearth. This may appear smothering at times, but that's the Crab for you. The Moon is associated with fertility, too, a quality which is most pleasing to Cancerians. The Moon is also the ruler of moods, and Cancers have plenty of those. These folks can cry you a river if they're so inclined, and they usually are. They can be overly sensitive, easily hurt and prone to brooding. Even so, Crabs find it easy to be sympathetic to others and are quick to show their affection. Their intuition is also a great help to them, especially in times of stress.
The Element associated with Cancer is Water. Like the rolling waves of the sea, the Crab's emotions can make quite a splash. These folks tend to pick up on things and bring them in, with the outward result ranging from sentimentality to possessiveness. Crabs need to resist the temptation to become selfish or to feel sorry for themselves, since this behavior won't help. On the bright side, Cancers are good with money (although some consider them too thrifty), probably because they value a sense of security. Crabs are also quick to help others and tend to avoid confrontation. In keeping with their nurturing bent, those born under this Sign are a whiz with food. A hearty picnic on the Fourth of July is heaven on earth to most Crabs.
Cancers often find that a robust workout session is just the tonic for their touchy feelings. Team sports are always nice, since they offer a sense of community; water polo should be elemental to aquatic Crabs. What are their team colors? The Moon is silver and white. Since Cancerians have a tendency to be lazy, however, they may need someone to push them out the door. When it comes to the game of love, eager Crabs are devoted, romantic and able to get things going on their own. Crabs are wise to listen to their gut, since this Sign rules the stomach.
The great strength of the Cancer-born is the tenacity with which they protect their loved ones. These folks don't ask for much, either: a comfortable home and sense of peace about sums it up. It's that nurturing instinct which makes Cancerians a pleasure to be with.

Dave-o-rama
February 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'm a sagittarius. i really dont believe in this horoscope stuff, nor do i ever use it to my advantage.

Phanima
February 23rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I'm a Virgo, I know that much. I don't follow horoscopes either, since when my friends find out I am one, they make this ridiculous link to "virgin" and point fun at that. Stupid friends...

SerenadeDS
February 23rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Taurus FTW! Yep, yep.. Sometimes I belive the horoscopes, because its kinda scary how ture they are, or sometimes not all at :P

zel 2.0
February 29th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I'm a Pisces (20th Feb), and even though I dont care about horoscopes that much, it's amusing to read them to prove them wrong later :laugh:

BeachBoy
February 29th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Im a proud leo (July 31st), now Heroscopes can sway this way or that...some are wrong some are right...

But I must say i've read leo through and all, and it's like 90% dead on. And you all know me, it's right except the part of my element, I'm a water guy ;D

Marx
March 1st, 2008, 12:48 AM
Aquarius it is.
So that is just, like, TOO awesome. :D
I live near the water, I like the water, and I have the sign of aqua.
AWESOME!

Tangerine Fox
March 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Aquarius is an air sign (along with Gemini and Libra). It's simply known as "The Water Bearer" because the constellation can be interpreted as a person pouring water from a vase and said constellation is named using Latin meaning "water-bearer" or "cup-bearer," thus the title. If you're born under Aquarius, you're an air sign.

I can't share it all for obvious reasons, but if anyone wants to see a less sugar-coated version of their sign, I've been re-reading my "warped" astrology book. ("Born On A Rotten Day" by Hazel Dixon-Cooper -- A great book.) I personally think it much more fun than regular astrology.

lonewolfx44
March 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM
I'm an Aeries. That is a ram, and I like to lightly bang my head on an elevator if I'm waiting or something XD. I guess I am a ram / Aeries. I don't believe in horoscopes, though.

Azonic
March 1st, 2008, 09:55 AM
I think I'm Scorpio. What's December 3rd? XD

I guess I believe them <_<

Razer302
March 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
I am a Libra. I read stuff about it sometimes. But it doesn't really bother me.

Suki is a Libra to.

Suki
March 1st, 2008, 10:32 AM
^ Yep I am.

I always read horoscopes. I do kinda believe in them lol. I want to.

Marx
March 1st, 2008, 10:41 AM
^ Yep I am.

I always read horoscopes. I do kinda believe in them lol. I want to.

Really? :o
I dont beleive in them anymore because a whole 2 months, it was saying stuff like "Today you will attract the opposite sex more than usual" and all the girls just ignore me, etc. >=[

シーツー
March 4th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I'm a Libra.

I often read my horoscope and some things seem to be right to me. (For example, Libras can't decide easily x_x). But I don't really care about it and the most stuff is simply crap.

Sweet Smoochum
March 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
No offence, but that horoscope is pathetic. It's only ever right because it applies to anyone if they want to believe it. Remember there are also billions of other people with the same star sign as you- they get identical horoscopes as well, so how can they be right?

1) The first concept is the Forer effect - which is how our brains work. We notice somethings that you think reflect or are specific to you and amplify them, whereas things that don't apply to you are ignored and forgotten about.
2) Another aspect is that people see themselves only how they want to see themselves. Horoscopes avoid negative words and praise the reader a lot.
3) Vagueness -words are used which are so non-specific it can be interpreted to whatever the reader wants.

Let me give some examples of the obvious parts with the corresponding points:

This horoscope was so stupid, I didn't even bother to analyse the final paragraph.. You get the idea. -_-

It wasn't an actual horoscope. It mentioned what a Pisces was "supposed" to be. (I got the description from www.seventeen.com. lol.) Believe it or not, but I am a kind, generous girl. When I said "it's right sometimes" earlier, I meant accurate for me at least for that specific day. I didn't mean it was for every single person who's a Pisces. I'm very intelligent as well. I got straight As for the whole first semester so far of my senior year. My average for English last year was 99.98, and my average for Chemistry in the fourth quarter was 110. (A lot of extra credit.) People I know personally do consider me as an artist, and a great dancer. (I used to take tap and ballet before leaving Staten Island.)

Kairu
March 13th, 2008, 10:04 AM
May 13th, Taurus and I don't believe in Horoscopes.

Ayano Katagiri
March 14th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I've actually forgotten if the signs relate to anything other than horoscopes ;P

But I'm a Pisces~ (7th March)

.:LemonTea:.
March 15th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Gemini (June 4th), most of my friends think that I'm Cancer though. I've read a description about Geminis, and it totally fit me. The next month, when I was reading another description-thingy for Geminis, it didn't fit me at all. I've only read a few horoscopes in my life.

Peanutz
March 16th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Aquarius.
I'm a stinkin' bottle of water.:(

MissMegano
March 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Taurus, a bull. Perfect, that's what I've always wanted to be. And on the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a pig. Even better.

200th post!

Sokai
March 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I am a Pisces, baby. :] Fishy fishy.

In Chinese zodiac, I was born in the year of the dog. Which is awesome, cuz I adore canines.

Ninetales
March 16th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I'm a Taurus born in the Year of the Dragon. What's more, I was born in the year of the Earth Dragon. So I'm definitely an earth-based person...
(The years of the Chinese zodiac have elements as well as animal signs--the possible elements are Fire, Water, Earth, Wood, and Metal.)

Do I believe in horoscopes? I happen to be fond of all sorts of divination. I even use tarot cards, and in order to understand those, you have to understand the zodiac signs. Ha! We have a fortune-teller here on PC!

I think I'm Scorpio. What's December 3rd? XD

December 3 would be Sagittarius. Congratulations, you are a fire sign!

coolio567
March 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
im a libra and a pig and im a little over weight XD

Chuchino
March 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
:B I don't care much for star signs, since horoscopes and divination are not my thing. But I happen to be a Leo -- stereotypical or what? xD

My Zodiac is the Ram. <3

WarHawk
March 19th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Mine Zodiac sign is Scorpio.

RYOUKI
March 20th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I'm a Libra. Which isn't really weird.

Also, I don't belive in horoscope (since I can't understand it) but, It doesn't mean I wont look up mine.

(Horoscopes are very confusing you see, It tends to look smart by using words that nobody can understand. :/)

sims796
March 20th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm a Libra. Which isn't really weird.

Also, I don't belive in horoscope (since I can't understand it) but, It doesn't mean I wont look up mine.

(Horoscopes are very confusing you see, It tends to look smart by using words that nobody can understand. :/)

I agree with this. Well, of course, I'm a Virgo, the best sign there is. Ever. In the World. EVAH!

EDIT:Ninetales, I've heard of that. I am a Snake. An Earth snake. Wish I was Wood.