PDA

View Full Version : Cardcaptors

ash_misty4ever
September 6th, 2003, 06:30 PM
anyone who like cardcaptors can talk about the show, movies, manga, and rumors!

mewthree w/armor
September 6th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Cardcaptors was really good, it's one of the shows I wish would come back to Kids WB even though they really butchered it in dubbing.

Miyu-chan
September 6th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Sakura and Tomoyo. =D They're so Kawaii!!! XD

Cherrim
September 8th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Sakura, Tomoyo (Madison) and Kero-chan for me. ^_^ Kero's so cyoot~

Eriol/Eli just freaked me. o_O;; *shudder*

Hakudoushi-kun
September 10th, 2003, 06:08 PM
sakura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^-^

Keitaro
September 10th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Tomoyo (Madison) & Yukito (Julian) are my two favorite from the series.

orange*berry
September 11th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Tomoyo is so cute, yet a little strange. n.n() Just like me.
In the dub she's just.... ugh. u_u()

ash_misty4ever
September 17th, 2003, 12:38 PM
i am wondering if the second movie ever came to the usa?

Cherrim
September 17th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Nope. Only the first movie was translated and released. The second movie (thankfully?) never made it to North America. Well, legally anyway. I've got a low-quality fansub of it. :P

ash_misty4ever
September 17th, 2003, 05:36 PM
huh... now i think i remember u lighting... u had a cardcaptors avatar!! didnt u?

Cherrim
September 17th, 2003, 05:58 PM
...^_^ Yep, the Sakura one. I changed it because I'm rather obsessive with Bakura right now. :P I'm going to draw up another avatar soon.

Kayleigh
September 27th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Sakura and Tomoyo/Madison! They're both so cute! :P

Hakudoushi-kun
September 28th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Nope. Only the first movie was translated and released. The second movie (thankfully?) never made it to North America. Well, legally anyway. I've got a low-quality fansub of it. :P

thankfully? please explain XD

Cherrim
October 2nd, 2003, 12:04 PM
Well.... to put it bluntly, Nelvana did a terrible dubbing job as I'm sure everyone knows. They almost COMPLETELY took out Sakura and Syaoran's (Li's) relationship. Since the second movie is all about their relationship, Nelvana would come up with some stupid thing to cover it up. It would be horrible. ;_;'

Hakudoushi-kun
October 2nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
i don't get why they'd want to cover up their love. i think it's probably because they think kids in north america only care about the action(*notes to many other anime movies*). like in the first pkmn movie, the dubbed version made the movie seem like mewtwo wanted to rule the world, when actually, there's a story behind it: mewtwo wanted to find out about life and why and who mewtwo was cloned from (scenes of young mewtwo:
http://pokemon-music.net/welcome.htm)

Cherrim
October 3rd, 2003, 02:08 PM
@_@;; Nelvana saw the success of Pokemon and tried to turn Cardcaptor Sakura into a more boy-oriented anime.

Judging from my brother, the (sort of) typical male kid, romance is a big no-no. x_X;

"Erica?? Is the kissing scene over yet? Can I look?" >_>;;

baby*j
October 3rd, 2003, 07:12 PM
What happened to the show ? I used to love watching it on the WB and then
poof! its gone :confused:

Cherrim
October 4th, 2003, 09:44 AM
They took it off when it ended. o.o

Kayleigh
October 4th, 2003, 01:24 PM
i don't get why they'd want to cover up their love. i think it's probably because they think kids in north america only care about the action(*notes to many other anime movies*). like in the first pkmn movie, the dubbed version made the movie seem like mewtwo wanted to rule the world, when actually, there's a story behind it: mewtwo wanted to find out about life and why and who mewtwo was cloned from (scenes of young mewtwo:
http://pokemon-music.net/welcome.htm)
Oh, yeah... We bought the 'Mewtwo Returns' DVD, and it had those scenes as an extra bonus. It was so surprisingly sad that I cried a little. *covers the screen so her brother won't read that and tease her until her death* In the English movie, they made Mewtwo seem evil, until the ending. They should've left the scenes when he was little in. It would've made the movie a lot more easier to understand...

Shelz4U
October 4th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Li was my favorite character.

PokeMaster3000
October 4th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Kero-chan!!!! I even got him in the quiz. Miyu-chan, give them the link.

Miyu-chan
October 5th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Hai, hai... n_n;;; http://www.geocities.com/dreamsofsakura/quiz1.html

PokeMaster3000
October 5th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Alright!!! Everyone, post you results.

Cherrim
October 5th, 2003, 06:31 AM
*Takes it again* o_O Let's see if I get someone other than Sakura.

*Got Tomoyo*

:> Yay~

PokeMaster3000
October 5th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Hnuuuh???

You know... all the options in the first of the list are for Sakura, the second opts are for Tomoyo and I don't know the rest.

My friend (a big li'l boy) got Sakura.... imagine a boy getting a girl...

Miyu-chan
October 9th, 2003, 04:35 AM
I got Meiling the last time I tried. ;P

Cherrim
October 9th, 2003, 12:04 PM
My friend (a big li'l boy) got Sakura.... imagine a boy getting a girl...
Well these are technically an obscure form of a personality test. It just tells which character you're most like, not which one you are. ^_^;;

Hakudoushi-kun
October 9th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Well these are technically an obscure form of a personality test. It just tells which character you're most like, not which one you are. ^_^;;

and about that, it doesn't mean the gender of the character who's like you has to be yours. sakura could've been a little boy and had the same personality. (hope i didn't sound cruel XD)

*Kagome*
October 14th, 2003, 03:28 PM
I really liked the cardcaptor show. I've never seen any of the movies but I'm working on that. I have a banch of CLAMP/Tokyopop art books with really nice pics in it though. I like to draw pictures like that. My Favorite characters are Li and Sakura. They make somewhat of a cute couple!

*Kagome*