PDA

View Full Version : pop ups on my comp

Ashs_grrl
July 16th, 2004, 08:18 AM
I need some better pop blockers that will get rid of them some good ones my dads computer gets alot of them and it messes it up. thats where the spyware and adware get into it and stuff i want a better pop blocker where it doesnt hafta make noise everytime it blocks a pop up cuz it messes me up when i type!

Gr8person62.2
July 16th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Just get the google toolbar.... from google! It works well, but I think it works only in Internet Explorer, which you prolly use.

Ashs_grrl
July 16th, 2004, 08:57 AM
yeah and besides i have DSL to so they show up whether im the internet or not

Gr8person62.2
July 16th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Bleh~ their not gonna show up unless your on a webpage. If they are popping up, you have spyware. Get Ad-Aware and it should remove them.

Simon
July 16th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I don't understand how people get pop-ups. I used to get them and I never though much of them. They all disappeared after I got DSL. Can't yuo jsut disconnect your DSL manually? START>Connect to>DSL>Disconnect button? Works for me. But I haven't had pop-ups for ages.

Gr8person62.2
July 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
I havn't seen a popup in over a year. I protect my PC kinda well, but it's really simple to block popups. Firefox blocks popups automatically, MSIE, I'v got the google toolbar + PopUp Cop which work wonders too.

Sakura and Espeon
July 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Google Toolbar is spyware waiting to happen.... =P

If you need IE, then use MyIE or Avant Browser. If it's spyware, I suggest you to get spybot. ^_^...