PDA

View Full Version : How Many Pokemon would you carry around?

Dizzy
July 16th, 2004, 06:42 PM
If you were a Pokemon Trainer, how many Pokemon would you carry around? I would carry around four. Six is too many Pokemon, but most people carry six, Something I'd never do (Violates rules ;))

I'd Carry around:

Ninetales
Seadra
Raichu
Altaria

or-
Ninetales
Seadra
Raichu
Nidorina

or-
Ninetales
Nidoking
Tentacruel
Alakazam

or-
Seadra
Raichu
Dragonair
Butterfree

Sean Fury
July 16th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I'd always carry five, but one would constantly follow me, and never be in it's ball.
-Gengar (Never in it's ball)
--Vaporeon
---Flareon
----Jolteon
-----Espeon
------Umbreon

Yeah, I'ma bit obsessed with the Eons as ya' can tell. Heh. But I do love my Gengar.

Janis Joplin
July 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM
tmbjr EDIT: I completely rmoved your post due to too much drug references. PC has a lot of 10-12 y/o's that really don't need to know that you like to smoke marijuana...

Febbie8
July 16th, 2004, 09:18 PM
i guess i would carry around four... my trio and another for training

Twiggy(Sceptile)
Mandrake (Salamence man where do i get these nicknames?)
Kyogre(Kyogre duh!)
[insert pokemon here]

Jirachi
July 16th, 2004, 11:02 PM
One, Deoxys. Why? When the bullies pick on me, KABOOM!
I will be the most feared kid in school.

--White Wolf--
July 16th, 2004, 11:09 PM
i would carry 5, and 1 not in it's pokeball

Entei
Blaziken
Arcanine
Ninetailes
Rapidash
Houndoom
'
Or i will put Entei, Arcanine or Rapidash out of my pokeball

Dizzy
July 16th, 2004, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't bring six period, Six is a way overrated number. I wouldn't carry around an odd number of Pokemon either. :\

Bhati
July 17th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Rapidash
Umbreon
Raichu
Sandslash

And I would switch the team around sometimes, and only use 6 Pokemon for tough battles.

Sorye HK
July 17th, 2004, 07:08 AM
I'd carry around all 6 for company and safety.
Also, I can have a bigger choice of pokemon when
I need to battle!

SparkyThePikachu
July 17th, 2004, 11:20 AM
i would have
Latios
Latias
Pikachu (not in its pokeball)
Lapras
Alakazam
Serebii

Sean Fury
July 17th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I'd proably actually keep all my Pokemon with me, in a back-pack with all the stuff I need for traveling around. Why not keep them all with me? I mean, I wouldn't have someone like Professor Oak, and I wouldn't have a way to send them home unless I actually went there, so...yeah.

Mudkip84
July 17th, 2004, 01:03 PM

Most of my pokemon I don`t need..
Only these..
(These are there Actual level)

Blaziken lv.100
Rayquaza lv.100
Minun:100
Rhydon lv.65 (Never in it`s pokebal)
Salamence lv.52

Jeikobu
July 17th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Six of course! I like to have as many friends with me as possible! ^^
-Hitokage (Charmander)
-Butterfree
-Latias
-Blackee (Umbreon)
-Lanturn
-Dewgong

Sean Fury
July 17th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Jeikobu: Isn't Hitokage, Charmander's original, Japanese name?

Anyway, everyone, you do realize the only people limited to carrying around six Pokemon, are trainers that register with people like Prof. Oak? At least, from what I remember in the show it's like that. You can have as many Pokemon with you as you want, unless your in a tourney or something...

Abskull
July 17th, 2004, 07:48 PM
I think six is to little!!!

-Luna (Absol) always out of ball.
-Miko (Latios)
-Dragonfly (Flygon)
-Storm (Suicune)
-Sparkler (Lanturn)
-Flare (Charizard)

Sean Fury
July 17th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Than why did you list only six Pokemon?

Cherrim
July 17th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I personally think anything over 6 would be a little hard to manage. The benefit of registering with professors and the like would be that you wouldn't have to feed all of those Pokemon. It would likely get expensive and it would take a long time to get them all organized and whatnot. Because, if we're going by the anime, Ash & Co. often let all their Pokemon out to feed them. The ones that were transported elsewhere, however, were just fed and looked after by Professor Oak... and Misty/Brock/maybe whoever is there now were just careful as to how many Pokemon they caught so as not to end up in a financial rut.

Anyway, I'd probably carry about... 4-6. I'd definitely have a Pichu which would follow me everywhere. Yeah, it's done a lot, but I'm so obsessed that I wouldn't ever want to have it out of my sight. XD; My other Pokemon would probably just be a bunch of random one's I'd caught. I'd be more likely to be a Pokemon Watcher of some sort, though, so I wouldn't really need a strong team. o.o I'd rather be the sidekick, in a way.

No, that's a lie. I'd probably want all the glory to myself, I bet. <_<

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
July 18th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Um, I carry six @_@ I like doing one of the 5 main elements that are neccesary to get around (grass, fire, water, electric, flying) and another element that changes through out my journey. Here's my ruby team right now:

-Swampert
-Camerupt
-Breloom
-Minun
-Skarmory
-Grumpig

Eliana
July 18th, 2004, 06:04 AM
lol heres my sapphire......
Kyogre- Legend
flygon- Kuro- darkensss in japanese
swampert godzilla- LOL
rayquaza- Draconis- lol
mightyena- amaroq- name from a book about wolves- Julies Wolf Pack
raiatsua-latias- lol i thought raiatsua was the japanesename but i found out it wasnt- i kept it cuz its prettyt XD

LishaKara
July 18th, 2004, 06:41 AM
I would carry 6 pokemon, like always

My team(for real) ^_^ happy team!

-Rayquaza Name: Sight
-Walrein Name: Jolayl
-Crobat Name: Crash
-Swampert Name: Neill
-Ninetales Name: Cupid
-Dusclops Name: Dusty

(weird names eh?)

Porygon
July 18th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Ehehe max out Pokmon by carrying 6. Porygon [duh], and some others like Salamence, Flygon, Charizard, Gyarados, and Dragonite XD

Kayleigh
July 18th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I would carry around six, but like Lightning said, any more would kind of be a hassle to deal with. I personally don't like having to switch my Pokemon from my team to the PC on the games, so just having six would be a good enough number, as long as you trained each Pokemon well.

I don't really know what my team would be like exactly, but I would have to have a Pichu that would evolve into a Pikachu, and a Chikorita! O_o And they would both stay out of their Pokeballs and walk around with me!

Mew13
July 19th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I would carry around as many Pokemon as physically possible!! I'm totally dedicated to my Pokemon, so in my world, the more the merrier!

My team? I guess it would consist of Pokemon I find cute.... I'm a sucker for a cute face!

Da_Green_Teddy
July 19th, 2004, 12:27 PM
I'd carry five, with a little Teddiursa following me around without being in its ball :D
-Hypno
-Alakazam
-Girafarig
-Espeon
-Nidoking

Dizzy
July 19th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I don't want any Pokemon following me around, thats a sign of disownment right there (except for Rapidash, Arcanine, or Ninetales, because they deserve it!) Six Pokemon is just a total waste of time, even if I had a team that needed 6, I wouldn't carry six... come on now -_-

Sean Fury
July 19th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I don't want any Pokemon following me around, thats a sign of disownment right there
Not when a person feels they would rather have their Pokemon out and about, rather than locked up inside a little ball.

Six Pokemon is just a total waste of time, even if I had a team that needed 6, I wouldn't carry six... come on now -_-
Six Pokemon isn't a waste of time, it's just the average amount trainer's carry. Especially since carrying around six, you would have less likely of a chance to run into disadvantages against opponents. Or what would you do if you suddenly got attacked by a bunch of Rocket/Magma/Aqua members? You would be screwed.

Dizzy
July 19th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Not when a person feels they would rather have their Pokemon out and about, rather than locked up inside a little ball.

Six Pokemon isn't a waste of time, it's just the average amount trainer's carry. Especially since carrying around six, you would have less likely of a chance to run into disadvantages against opponents. Or what would you do if you suddenly got attacked by a bunch of Rocket/Magma/Aqua members? You would be screwed.

Like Erica the Gym Leader, she shows her Pokmon respect by letting them out at certain times, If you train with your Pokemon, thats okay, but don't let them roam around with you..

Four is my limit, and when carry four Pokemon, I usually have them perform Double Duty attacks (Ninetales, doesnt just count for fire, and Seadra doesn't just count for water)

Another this, I'd only carry around appealing Pokemon, not powerful Pokemon. If I needed an Electric Type, but the only avalibility was Magnemite or Voltorb (ridiculously hideous) I'd just go without an electric type... I'd never use anything ugly I'd just substitute it.

Mew13
July 19th, 2004, 07:06 PM
I find that allowing your Pokemon to roam with you is a sign of bonding. How well can one possibly bond with a tiny ball?

Oh, and the one with stronget bonds nearly always wins the match.

LelandLancaster
July 19th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Hm, I think that I would carry around six in Pokeballs:
Metagross
Skarmory
Plusle
Medicham
Sableye
Kyogre

If I also had one to stay out of a Pokeball it would probably be a Clefairy or an Aron. Both of them are CUTE! :D

asher_son_of_ash
July 20th, 2004, 02:56 AM
o.o Here's the Pokemon I would love to havei n my team. And I'd carry around seven. And not six if I could. =P

- Blaziken
- Sceptile
- Charizard
- Tentacruel
- Electrode
- Gyarados
- Pidgeot

Dizzy
July 20th, 2004, 04:18 AM
The Only way I would carry more than four, is:

If I was a Gym Leader, but I wouldn't mix Pokemon like Magnemite and Magmar. If I was a Gym Leader it would be Poison Types ONLY (Nidorina, Nidorino, Venomoth, Arbok, Nidoqueen)

If I was in some sort of Team, but once again, I would only carry around Certain types..

lizardman
July 20th, 2004, 06:00 PM
# of PKMN:6
kinds:
umbreon
tryanitar
sizor
blasttoise
swalot
golem

PichuSecretBase
July 21st, 2004, 04:20 AM
I would carry Marshtomp, Swellow, Pichu and Corphish. I can beet you XD; j/k But Yeah, four, five is being used to much and my belts not that big =p

July 21st, 2004, 04:56 AM
I would carry around six Pokemon.

Tyraniatar
1. Earthquake
2. Crunch
3. Rock Slide
4. Strength

Groudon
1. Solar Beam
2. Fissure
3. Fire Blast
4. Eruption

Lugia
1. Fly
2. Hydro Pump
3. Aeroblast
4. Ancient Power

Ho-Oh
1. Fly
2. Fire Blast
3. Sacred Fire
4. Ancient Power

Suicune
1. Surf
2. Hydro Pump
3. Dive
4. Ice Beam

Celebi
1. Solar Beam
2. Psychic
3. Cut
4. Razor Leaf

Shana
July 21st, 2004, 07:16 AM
I would carry 6.

-Dewgong
-Raichu
-Swampert
-Kingdra
-Rapidash
-Vileplume

I would love that team if I could have it in real life.

Brittany
July 21st, 2004, 09:10 AM
I would Carry-
Articuno-no pokeball, stays with me due to friendship
Zapdos
Moltres
Lugia
Latias
Latios
Ho-oh

Thats 7 but Articuno doesent count!

Dizzy
July 21st, 2004, 10:19 AM
I would carry Marshtomp, Swellow, Pichu and Corphish. I can beet you XD; j/k But Yeah, four, five is being used to much and my belts not that big =p

Gooo Brandon, Congratulations ^_^

Four is the most pokemon you need to:

Beat the Gym Leaders
If you choose the right ones, learn most the HMs
Beat the Elite Four
Carry around with you at all Times.

Igglybuddy
July 21st, 2004, 03:00 PM
In the games I never train more than four at a time, 'cause there just isn't enough EXP to go around. However, I'd ideally want to go with one of these sets:

Blaziken, Manectric, Milotic, Flygon, Absol and Metagross
OR
Charizard, Gyarados, Jolteon, Steelix, Exeggutor and Umbreon
OR
Venusaur, Arcanine, Vaporeon, Alakazam, Arbok and Rhydon

and regardless of the set, I'd have as many pokemon out of their balls as conditions would permit...it gets lonely, wandering. ^_^

Pincushion
July 22nd, 2004, 02:56 AM
I would carry around 4 to, Because that way its easyer to rember there moves and stuff lol, i'd always forget, I would have my Squirtle like Ash's Pikachu never in its ball, and let it follow me around so here are the 3 pokemon i'd have

Squirtle~
Fearow~
Chamander~

There we go! Lol looky thats only 3!
If only i lived in pokemon world, and i could find them all....

Emochu
July 23rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
Raichu
Umbreon
Steelix
Charizard
and maybe Gyrados

I wouldn't want to overload either, and all are out of their pokeball. I love steel,fire,electric, and dark :D

ShadowPikachu
July 23rd, 2004, 03:39 PM
I would have 6 pokemon with me.
And they would be:

1. Pikachu
2. Quilava
3. Flygon
4. Jolteon
5. Espeon
6. Mew

Those are some of my favourite pokemon. ^_^
The Pikachu would stay out of it's pokeball though.

Wy_Wynaut
July 23rd, 2004, 04:38 PM
these are the pkmn i would carri around
1. mew
2.Togetic
3.raichu
$.smoochum
all pkmn above are out of pokeball
%.dragonair
^.flygon

Sunrise's Dragon
July 27th, 2004, 02:45 AM
I will carry six.... I want that so many my favorites can go with me!^^

1. Blaziken
2. Latias
3. Houndoom (always out of the ball)
4. Articuno
5. Charizard
6. Dragonair

Whee, anyone could beat me.

Arkon
August 10th, 2004, 09:47 PM
id have six, but i would let them out and let them go inside their pokeballs whenever they want to
and they would be,

-Blastoise
--Venasaur
---Charizard
-----Alakazam
------Mew
-------Scyther

Splashing Mew
August 11th, 2004, 09:27 PM
I'd have 6 pokeballs and 2 pokemon following me. My Azurill would be one of those two and he'd be on my shoulder at all times. My Shiny Ninetales would be the other one which would always be at my side. The ones in the pokeballs would probably alternate.

~Splash

nomed666
August 11th, 2004, 09:28 PM
i would carry six and here are the pokemon i would have with me.

absol(always outside of pokeball)
arcanine
pidgeot
groudon
dragonite
blastoise

BROOKE_&_LUGIA
November 21st, 2004, 10:19 PM
Here are the Pokemon I would carry around with me:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/249.gif Lugia (always out of his :pokeball:, unless in an extreme emergancy (ex. in a "Thunder Storm"))

:mew2: Mewtwo

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon170.gif Rhydon

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon211.gif Blastoise

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon044.gif Shedinja (occasionally hovering above my shoulder) (occasionally swiched out for other pokemon depinding on the mission)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon254.gif Rapidash

& http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/b145.gif Zapdos (will be used to subsitute for Lugia in a "Thunder Storm") (Lugia will still be used in battles on stormy days, just not for use of transportation) (If I was flying on my Zapdos in a "Thunder Storm", I'd be wearing an "Electricity Proof" suit)

SulcataIxlude
November 22nd, 2004, 03:03 AM
I would have a full squad of six with me as a 'insurence policy'. That way if something bad happens, I'll have more than enough to avert the issue without me having to put any real effort into solving it. =)

My team would be...

Ninjask (always on my shoulder, or buzzing around lopping off foes heads with Aerial Ace...)
Crawdaunt
Seviper
Blaziken
Magneton
Tauros

Murpheos
November 22nd, 2004, 03:20 AM
if i were a traveller, say a pokemon ranger, i would have pokemon that can travel with me, such as:
Rapidash (cross country)
Pidgeot (flying)
Blastoise (surfing)
Onix (rock climbing)
Scyther (cutting)
Venusaur (my ever faithful starter)

IceKitten
November 22nd, 2004, 04:46 AM
As many pokballs would fit in my rucksack (I'd have anothe rone for my clothes XD), then I have the ones in the Pokmon Centre XO

SBaby
November 22nd, 2004, 09:52 AM
It depends on which mechanics are used. If we're following game mechanics:

Plusle
Minun
Pikachu
Dragonite
Charizard
Silfayree (my prediction on a 4th Generation Pokemon)

If we are talking about show mechanics:

Pikachu
Plusle
Minun

See Cheer Pressure to find out why.

Timbjerr
November 22nd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Here are the Pokemon I would carry around with me:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/249.gif Lugia (always out of his :pokeball:, unless in an extreme emergancy (ex. in a "Thunder Storm"))

:mew2: Mewtwo

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon170.gif Rhydon

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon211.gif Blastoise

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon044.gif Shedinja (occasionally hovering above my shoulder) (occasionally swiched out for other pokemon depinding on the mission)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsicon254.gif Rapidash

& http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/b145.gif Zapdos (will be used to subsitute for Lugia in a "Thunder Storm") (Lugia will still be used in battles on stormy days, just not for use of transportation) (If I was flying on my Zapdos in a "Thunder Storm", I'd be wearing an "Electricity Proof" suit)
plz do not revive old threads, if yu must reply to this, start a new thread of the same topic...