PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Farm ?!?! really ?!

Le_Avatar
March 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
Hey, I was wondering... What's that Pokemon Farm, Ranch or anything else that I keep reading about some places ?!

Available by WiiWare ? What is it ?! :P
Is there someone that got some details about that ?!

Virtual Chatot
March 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hey, I was wondering... What's that Pokemon Farm, Ranch or anything else that I keep reading about some places ?!

Available by WiiWare ? What is it ?! :P
Is there someone that got some details about that ?!

Basically it is going to be the Wii's version of Pokemon Box. You upload your Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl, where they are stored in a Pokemon "farm". The Pokemon are of course gone in your D/P game.

Le_Avatar
March 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
hahaha that seems original :P
What about that WiiWare...
Is that some kind of "Wii Shop" like when you buy old-school NES games from Wii Points ?!

lostprophetsown
March 2nd, 2008, 04:10 AM
hahaha that seems original :P
What about that WiiWare...
Is that some kind of "Wii Shop" like when you buy old-school NES games from Wii Points ?!

yes is precicly that its on the wii shop channel where u can buy retro games and u use ur wiimote like a handheld controller usingg the arrow keys and 1,2 as buttons when playing the games

Le_Avatar
March 2nd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Is there already an idea of how much will it cost ?!

wolverfrog
March 2nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
not sure, but i wager it'll cost about 2k points, roughly £14

Le_Avatar
March 2nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks a lot :)
I'll keep an eye on it

Lil-Dill
March 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Well this Pokemon Farm is like Pokemon box but for your Wii and you talk and do stuff with your Pokemon and its pretty cool because you can take pictures and stuff.

Forci Stikane
March 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
not sure, but i wager it'll cost about 2k points, roughly £14

Heh, I doubt it. Full-blown N64 games cost 1000 points, and this isn't even a full game, so why in the world would it cost that much??

It'll probably be somewhere around 600-800 points.

Le_Avatar
March 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah I think it could be cool...
Storage is always something good when you breed like crazy to get all kind of decent pokes :)

*Firestar*
March 16th, 2008, 05:52 AM
That would be handy especialy since I have my pokemon cluttering up my boxes. I have read about Pokemon farm and the reviews say it is rubbish, old-fashioned and a waste of money. I'll try it out though, could be good.

Yoshiko75
March 16th, 2008, 06:56 AM
It is confirmed that the game will be released in Japan on March 25 for 1,000 Wii Points.

Tanro
March 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Farm is really game and its only a waste of money if your not a collector freak.

Espreon
March 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM
The only downside to it is that it uses the abomination (aka Mii) styled graphics... I bet if I put my Dialga there it would only be 4 feet tall (from what I have seen on some screenshots for tall Pokes) and it would be pudgy...

ngtank
March 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM
1000 points are rather 10 dollars, see your pokemon in a realy odd but adorable art style as you interact with them and this chick tells you cool stuff about your pokemon!

Le_Avatar
March 19th, 2008, 04:42 AM
When will they release it for North America ?! ;)

Goatman56
March 19th, 2008, 09:55 AM

No official release date for the US yet. But this seems like a cute idea to me :3.

Nuke
March 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Heh, I doubt it. Full-blown N64 games cost 1000 points, and this isn't even a full game, so why in the world would it cost that much??

It'll probably be somewhere around 600-800 points.

But this is wii not N64.

*Puts prediction upto 1200 points*
EDIT: saw Yoshiko's post. 1000 points I guess...

*Firestar*
March 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Any idea when it will be realeased in UK? Sounds cool now no reveiws will stop me :D!

Le_Avatar
March 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah that will be cool I think, but no official dates have been released I think

Espreon
March 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Well Diamond and Pearl was released in America like a half a year after it was released in Japan (I think). Farm is a lot less functional than an RPG so maybe if we are lucky, in like 1-3 months.

The only downside to it is that it uses the abomination (aka Mii) styled graphics... I bet if I put my Dialga there it would only be 4 feet tall (from what I have seen on some screenshots for tall Pokes) and it would be pudgy...

See! I was right!

http://media.ign.com/thumb/231/2317791/pokemon-ranch-screens-20080311000944689_thumb_ign.jpg

Isn't that scary?!?!

And according to the Japanese WiiWare site Pokemon Farm will cost 1000 Wii Points.

$10 to see my Dialga suffer as a deranged dwarf? I don't think so.

Always and Never
March 29th, 2008, 11:25 PM

Sounds cute <3 I want a pudgy Dialga.

austin00081
April 12th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I think it looks fun, new, and cute.
Pokemon hasn't done something like this before (from what I know of).
And it is a great way for a pokefreak to waste a couple of dollars on.

I cannot wait for this to come, because when it does, I will be getting it and getting those unused pokemon off of my DS.

also

you can get a mew from it after transfering 999 pokemon to it.

A Loc BK
April 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM
gives me a reason to open those eggs i have in my storage boxes =x
and a new place to store them xD

BakingBluePotatoe
April 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
anyone have a pic of a LUCARIO in this thing? 8D

I swear... I'm going to stab somebody if I don't have a Wii before this comes out! >.<

Unlimited NiGHTS
April 13th, 2008, 12:16 AM
anyone have a pic of a LUCARIO in this thing? 8D

I swear... I'm going to stab somebody if I don't have a Wii before this comes out! >.<

As long as it's not me you stab, I'm fine.

Anyway, I think I'll be watching for this. It sounds like a great idea.

Also, is it true that you can get a Mew from it after depositing a certain amount of Pokémon? Somehow, I doubt it.

Espreon
April 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Also, is it true that you can get a Mew from it after depositing a certain amount of Pokémon? Somehow, I doubt it.

Well Serebii says its true, and Serebii is omniscient in the Pokemon world.

Asch_R2
April 13th, 2008, 12:10 PM
this is exactly what i need, finally a way to clean out my boxes of pokemon i never use. Bring on a UK release date.

Hana~
April 18th, 2008, 11:09 PM
To get Mew, import 999 Pokés, and then trade for an Egg. You can also get Pokémon that are close to evolving, like a Lickitung with Rollout or a Yanma with Ancientpower.

piplupguy13
April 27th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Cant wait for this... only bad part is that for Christmas me, my cousin Byron and my cousin Derrick all got Psps while my cousin Jouslin didnt get a game system, so I felt bad and on X-mas evennight I wrapped my DS and pokemon diamond to give to her. She was happy. Now I need to buy a new DS and Pkmn Diamond.

Unlimited NiGHTS
April 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Well Serebii says its true, and Serebii is omniscient in the Pokemon world.

I don't think so. Veekun beats Serebii.

Still, if it is true, then it would be great. Well, if not time-consuming.

Asch_R2
April 27th, 2008, 05:54 AM
any news on release dates yet, im gonna need this pretty soon.

Espreon
April 27th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I don't think so. Veekun beats Serebii.

Still, if it is true, then it would be great. Well, if not time-consuming.

No, it's true. There is already people of the Wireless Trade Corner trading Pokemon Farm Mews...

Le_Avatar
April 29th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Must be only released in Japan yet, am I right ?!
can't wait to get it... ;)

DragonFir3
May 4th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Basicly Pokemon Ranch is just a Wii channel.

Le_Avatar
May 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Basicly Pokemon Ranch is just a Wii channel.

Don't see the point of this post... Please don't trash my thread.

Kung Fu Quagsire!
May 6th, 2008, 08:29 AM
This looks like a good idea. My Pokemon Diamond has about 1 box worth of spaces left, and I need something else to distract me from my homework...

I need a UK release date now. Or I will move to Japan, buy/download it, and then move back.

Kraka-chan
May 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
This is going to be sweet! I've been quietly praying for a utility game like Pokemon Box for some time now. Now I don't have to worry about losing my prized Pokes!

BTW, does anyone know the exact date for when they release the first Wii Ware games in Europe? They say May, but I don't know exactly. <curious>

Jude Mathis
May 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
& The first thing that came to mind was "..Farm? ...Like the Monster Rancher games? ...Poke Rancher!" 8D

Nah, not quite.. if it's like Pokemon Box though it's still useful, and the fact that you can interact with your Pokemon seems cool as well. x3

I'd look forward to it, if I actually had a Wii I could play it on.. T_T
Regardless, I'm glad they're coming out with another game like Pokemon Box~.

Hurray for cute Mii graphics!

~CyberKitsune09~
May 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
This looks cool 8D
(Too bad I only have 1 block free on my wii's memory >.<)
So, does anyone know when it's coming out in the US?

masterfun101
May 11th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Its like Pokemon Box go to Pokecharms for more info id post a link but i just joined and i need more posts

Jack_Maddocks
May 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Well theres no release date yet. But wii ware launches today. Pokemon Ranch will be released in America soon.

222notforu
May 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM
idk how that will be a fun game

~CyberKitsune09~
May 11th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Erherm.

All WiiWare, Including "Everyone Pokemon Ranch" Will be released in North America on May 12, 2008.

Sources, IGN, Wikipedia, and others.

(Also, some say that it will cost 1,000 wii points [$10.00USD])

Rize
May 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Erherm.

All WiiWare, Including "Everyone Pokemon Ranch" Will be released in North America on May 12, 2008.

Sources, IGN, Wikipedia, and others.

(Also, some say that it will cost 1,000 wii points [$10.00USD])

Sorry, Wiki and IGN are wrong. The date seems to be set on May 20th instead. (Source Wikipedia, and the fact that I just got FFCC: My Life as a King and only four other games, excluding Ranch, were avalible for download, unless they plan to release them later tonight.) Not only that, there are only records on the Nintendo Channel for those games in the WiiWare section right now, and there is NO record in the upcoming section for Ranch. And, alas, no UK date is currently set, but I would guess just past or on the UK Wii Software (as it is called in Europe) launch on the 20th.

I do hope it comes out on or before the 20th, however. I want Mew, and storage space!

-TSU

~CyberKitsune09~
May 12th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry, Wiki and IGN are wrong. The date seems to be set on May 20th instead. (Source Wikipedia, and the fact that I just got FFCC: My Life as a King and only four other games, excluding Ranch, were avalible for download, unless they plan to release them later tonight.) Not only that, there are only records on the Nintendo Channel for those games in the WiiWare section right now, and there is NO record in the upcoming section for Ranch. And, alas, no UK date is currently set, but I would guess just past or on the UK Wii Software (as it is called in Europe) launch on the 20th.

I do hope it comes out on or before the 20th, however. I want Mew, and storage space!

-TSU

I JUST saw that, Doh! on my part.

Also, in addition to Mew, I heard that Phione will also be available through a trade.
(Source Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everyone%27s_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranch) and wikipedia cited it's source as: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/pokemon-farm-wiiware/preview/everyones-pokemon-ranch-hands-on/a-20080404115637366031/g-2007101111043437098

~cpuDuDe08~

Elite Pokemon Breeder
May 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
i saw from info on many sites that as you keep depositing the pokemon the ranch get bigger. I saw the japanese trailer for it and the ranch at its biggest is HUGH. I'm big with the gts and its getting really annoying having a ton of pokemon i dont even need around in my boxes (lol i win a prize in the loto like everyday now), each of my boxes is almost full and i definitely need more space. For only $10 i'd say its probably worth it especially if ur one of those kids that doesnt have any acess to a manaphy you can at least get closer to filling ur dex and get phione. the only problem is that my wii is completely outta memory and i gotta waste my time transfering channels back and forth between my SD card. Since this is sorta like a new game this thing is gonna take like a half hour to download and probably take up like 900 blocks in memory... :(

MBXfilms
May 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I never get to get the legendaries, so I'm getting Ranch for the Mew and....Manaphy you can get too? Sweet. Plus now I won't have to release all my extra hatched Pokemon. They can live on the Wii!!!!!!

*Firestar*
May 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I want it I want it!! I want the small chubby tall pokes and others. I also need a UK release date soon please.

Le_Avatar
May 18th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I'd expect the UK release to be a little after the US release...
But for now, I don't really know when it'll come out...
Only thing I'd say... I can't wait to get it :)