PDA

View Full Version : What would the Inside of your Pokemon Gym Look like?

Dizzy
July 17th, 2004, 02:32 PM
If I were the Water Type Gym Leader of a Certain Region, My Gym would look like a Giant Greek Temple made out of all Marble. There would be fountains everywhere, and windows made out of water (well, they'd be waterfalls over the window.) The Battle Area would be a Huge Swimming Pool, with Little Glass Platforms for the trainer's to stand on. It would be a part-Spa too, with rooms all around the Gym :).

capalex65
July 17th, 2004, 02:50 PM
mine would look like it you were standing in thin air and you could walk forever and there would be no windows in it and on the outside it would look normal and the battle arena would be a white outline and the rest would be black and the place where i would stand and wach should be a seperate room filled with computers and it would be between the floor and the ceileng(sp?) (floating in mid-air) and it would have a black stairway down to the arena

Chairman Kaga
July 17th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I'd have it look similar to the gym pictured on the Gym Challenge trainer card Chaos Gym...it's just so chaotic, and kind of painful to look at o_O I think my opponents would all get dizzy from looking at the walls and I'd win by default XP

Pogiforce-14
July 17th, 2004, 04:30 PM
For the sense of practicality, my gym would be a 3d maze made out of solid stone. There would be rooms throughout the maze for battles and many differente levels and ways to go. The environment for each room would be different. Some of the rooms would be hotter than others. There may be a pool of water, flame throwers installed in the floors, and other such unique things. A trainer that can find their way through my maze, through all the different rooms and challenges plus the trainers that train under me in my gym is worthy of facing me in a gym battle. I wouldn't specialize in a particular type because to use but one type is setting oneself up for a fall.

Janis Joplin
July 17th, 2004, 04:56 PM
tmbjr EDIT: I removed this entire post due to the drug references. PC is a family friendly place. We can't have 10-12 y/o's knowing that another member is a pothead.

Dizzy
July 17th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I wanna be in that Gym -_-

Pogiforce-14
July 17th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I don't. Getting high only ruins one's thought processing and concentration and is bad for training. All I'd have to do is give myself and my pokemon gas masks and he'd be beat, since he'd be high and I wouldn't be..

Dizzy
July 17th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I was being sarcastic, I really don't find that attractive, if it was in the Pokmon world then eewww. Plus, the only high pokemon are probably Ugly, I only use Physically attractive pokemon :)

Janis Joplin
July 17th, 2004, 06:20 PM
ya dey are pretty ugly just lok at sparky my fav abra (i hav a pic of him as my av) at least he duzmnt dry to blow my mind with psychic anymore e's level 600

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Sorry, I thought you were serious. kinda hard to tell a sarcastic tone here, seeing as you don't hear everyone else's voices.

Kairi
July 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Id have a pretty simple one, Id want the arena to be made of glass and hang over a pit like most of the ones in Stadium/2, with some lifts to get you there and stuff. I dont care if they have to go through a maze of flunkies to get to me. XP

Abskull
July 18th, 2004, 01:38 PM
When you walk into my Dark Gym it would look like a cave. There would be small little lights from the top of the cave. When you get to me, you get to stand at the top of the cave where you get to see a great view. It only looks like that for a couple of seconds. The top of the starts form a dome over you to keep the light out. It's great for dark Pokemon to hide. Only the Pokemon can really see what's going on. You get some infa-red goggles to see your Pokemon.

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
INteresting battle situation. Might like to battle in that gym. night battling. EXTREME night battling. Good for training with nocturnal pokemon.

Mew13
July 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM
My Gym would have an infinate abyss below it. The trainers would stand on two platforms, and the Pokemon would battle on a series of smaller ones. My Pokemon would all have awsome balance, as the platforms have a tendency to shift......

My Gym would also have a place for people and Pokemon alike to relax. Kind of a spa like thing. And there would be a special battle simulater programed to all weather and pokemon situations.

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Like the battling situation here too. Good Balance means no stumbling on ones own feet during battle. Although to think that the slightest mishap on shifting platforms might send you into an infinite abyss is rather disturbing. PPlenty fo strategy and strength, just like a gym should be.

(I've suddenly become a gym rater. But these gyms are so good, I have to say my part! :D)

Mew13
July 19th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Hehe, I convienently forgot to mention that the abyss is merely a hollogram! I would never want to send a Pokemon into a dark hole where they would fall forever! The Pokemon would merely fall for about 20 ft....

But only I as the Gym leader know this untill after the battle!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Pogiforce-14
July 19th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Kind of an unfair advantage, but i guess that keeps the challengers on their toes and makes them double check all their moves to make sure they don't make what could be A "fatal" mistake.

Mew13
July 19th, 2004, 05:41 PM
hehe, i know it's kinda unfair, but it's not like it'd really be different if it was really an abyss. My pokemon would still have amazing balance!

Dizzy
July 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
ooo Pogiforce-14 Please Rate my Gym!

asher_son_of_ash
July 20th, 2004, 12:31 AM
I'd rather have a gym with different types. =P It would be a place where holograms are everywhere and so are machines that tell questions and such. (Think. RBY; Blaine's Gym) But when the opponent reaches to me. the arena would be like a plain simple one with flames spouting of of fake bushes. o.o;

lizardman
July 20th, 2004, 05:51 PM
my gym would have spikes in some holes and lots of staues and a big screen.

regimew
July 21st, 2004, 04:46 PM
My gym would have lots of rooms,but there would be no doors.You would be able to walk through certain hologram walls.And it would be floating in the sky.The tye would be flying/water.

Pogiforce-14
July 21st, 2004, 05:13 PM
If I were the Water Type Gym Leader of a Certain Region, My Gym would look like a Giant Greek Temple made out of all Marble. There would be fountains everywhere, and windows made out of water (well, they'd be waterfalls over the window.) The Battle Area would be a Huge Swimming Pool, with Little Glass Platforms for the trainer's to stand on. It would be a part-Spa too, with rooms all around the Gym :).
Soudns plausible. A better water gym than Cerualean City. The iwnning trainer would be the one that best utilizes the surrounding stone work. A rather good gym in my opinion.

I'd rather have a gym with different types. =P It would be a place where holograms are everywhere and so are machines that tell questions and such. (Think. RBY; Blaine's Gym) But when the opponent reaches to me. the arena would be like a plain simple one with flames spouting of of fake bushes. o.o;
A good way to make the trainers think. It would be a good test of the trainers patience and firmness. 9Especially with flaming bushes all around. :D)

my gym would have spikes in some holes and lots of staues and a big screen.
kinda dangerous isn't it? with the spikes and all? And why would you use a big screen when the battle is right there and most people don't watch gym battles anyway? A gym to be wary of in my opinion. :\

My gym would have lots of rooms,but there would be no doors.You would be able to walk through certain hologram walls.And it would be floating in the sky.The tye would be flying/water.
Cool Gym. A think outside the box sort of thing, having to find the holes in the walls. Not exactly practical though. (Floating in the sky.)

Luigi-San
July 21st, 2004, 05:52 PM
My gym would look exactly like the one Trick Master layout (The door puzzle). And you would need to use flash to light the way.

Dizzy
July 21st, 2004, 06:03 PM
My Fire Type Gym will be:

It will look like a Regular GLASS Office Building, Most of Everything Made from Glass and or stone. The First Floor will contain the Gym Area, while Upstairs will be the places for the trainer. Upon advancing, each floor will have a different trainer, using the same First floor Gym. Once up a couple of floors, you will get to the Roof, which will bring you up to the Glass Dome, where the Gym Leader stays, a Special Glass Gym Floor will be used, allowing you to see all the Floors Beneath it. The Glass will be Shatter-Proof and thick (it also encases water).

Pogiforce-14
July 21st, 2004, 06:28 PM
My gym would look exactly like the one Trick Master layout (The door puzzle). And you would need to use flash to light the way.

soudns liek something that can be done. But whicxh trick master layout would you wnat? He uses seven different layouts.

My Fire Type Gym will be:

It will look like a Regular GLASS Office Building, Most of Everything Made from Glass and or stone. The First Floor will contain the Gym Area, while Upstairs will be the places for the trainer. Upon advancing, each floor will have a different trainer, using the same First floor Gym. Once up a couple of floors, you will get to the Roof, which will bring you up to the Glass Dome, where the Gym Leader stays, a Special Glass Gym Floor will be used, allowing you to see all the Floors Beneath it. The Glass will be Shatter-Proof and thick (it also encases water).

Sounds liek quite the impressive gym. :) I can just imagine what it must look like form teh top floor. Liek floating on air, except your still standing on something. Hope teh airplanes don't overlook it. :D

Dizzy
July 21st, 2004, 06:29 PM
No Ratey my new Gym, PogiMaster14?

Pincushion
July 22nd, 2004, 02:26 AM
Mine would be blue, with water fountains everywear, and a pokemon centre near by, the arena would be glass, with a glass floor to battle on, it would be quite dark dunno why lol, And it would have silver Squirtles printed on the walls lol, Dunno what else but can you tell i wanna water gymm lol!

Pogiforce-14
July 23rd, 2004, 05:26 AM
I did rate your other gym, Dizzy.

Mine would be blue, with water fountains everywear, and a pokemon centre near by, the arena would be glass, with a glass floor to battle on, it would be quite dark dunno why lol, And it would have silver Squirtles printed on the walls lol, Dunno what else but can you tell i wanna water gymm lol!

Pretty fancy. must have a big budget!:D but seriously, this sounds like a rather impressive looking gym. ( Why don't try anything like this in the video games?)

Pincushion
July 23rd, 2004, 05:29 AM
Oh Thanks, Whats your gym gonna look like!?

Pogiforce-14
July 23rd, 2004, 06:00 AM
My gym is posted on this thread on page 1, somewhere in the first half I think. i've kinda become a gym rater, since I've posted my review of each gym that has been giventhus far.

Dizzy
July 23rd, 2004, 06:26 AM
My Poison Type Gym ^_^

Appearance from the outside makes it look like a small mansion, but upon entering, many levels dig into the ground, the Gym Leader, at the Very Bottom. Aside from the Bottom having the Gym leader, the Trainer must go through floors of Gym Trainer's to get to the Gym Leader. The Gym Floor is a Suspended Platform made of Glass, placed over a bottomless pit (like Sabrina's in Pokemon Stadium) the pit has no end, but however a felled creature may be risen up with ease.

Rock Type Gym

The Rock Type Gym has no building, it's Four Towers with walls in between them, there is a slight roof but it doesn't close over the Gym. The Stadium contains tests, Lava, Ice, and Water are the Area's Avaliable. From the Four Towers Stand the Gym Trainers. In the Center will stand the Gym Leader. Upon Challenging the Leader, the floor will split into one of the Three Fields of Water, Lava and Ice. The Platforms also may raise up in the air, for an Aerial Battle.

Ground-Type Gym

Sporting the look of a modern fine-arts museum, the Ground type Gym really isnt. Pure Shatterproof, Earthquake Proof Floor and walls make this Gym impossible to demolish during battle. The Floor, However, is see through, as beneath it, Water is placed, to fool the enemy into thinking something. As an attempt of hiding, Gym Trainer's hide behind Large Portraits with huge spaces behind them, while the Gym Trainer, Sits behind a Metal Statue of a Pokball. Challenging the Gym Leader will result in the Roof Opening up and the Sky over your head, The Chamber beneath you will fill with water, and the battle will commence.

Pogiforce-14
July 23rd, 2004, 06:54 AM
My Poison Type Gym ^_^

Appearance from the outside makes it look like a small mansion, but upon entering, many levels dig into the ground, the Gym Leader, at the Very Bottom. Aside from the Bottom having the Gym leader, the Trainer must go through floors of Gym Trainer's to get to the Gym Leader. The Gym Floor is a Suspended Platform made of Glass, placed over a bottomless pit (like Sabrina's in Pokemon Stadium) the pit has no end, but however a felled creature may be risen up with ease.

Means the challenging trainer will ahve to ahve mastered navigating tunnels, which we've learned by now is rather important. Although a bottomless pit is impossible, a very deep pit isn't. a rather good poison gym, although clostrophobic peeps wouldn't want to visit. :D

Rock Type Gym

The Rock Type Gym has no building, it's Four Towers with walls in between them, there is a slight roof but it doesn't close over the Gym. The Stadium contains tests, Lava, Ice, and Water are the Area's Avaliable. From the Four Towers Stand the Gym Trainers. In the Center will stand the Gym Leader. Upon Challenging the Leader, the floor will split into one of the Three Fields of Water, Lava and Ice. The Platforms also may raise up in the air, for an Aerial Battle. A good place to train, althogh I would be concerned about leaving the gym floor open to the elements. A retractable roof is probably a good idea. the foundation must be stable if the ground moves, much like brock's gym. The toweres will create an impressive visage in teh city.

Ground-Type Gym

Sporting the look of a modern fine-arts museum, the Ground type Gym really isnt. Pure Shatterproof, Earthquake Proof Floor and walls make this Gym impossible to demolish during battle. The Floor, However, is see through, as beneath it, Water is placed, to fool the enemy into thinking something. As an attempt of hiding, Gym Trainer's hide behind Large Portraits with huge spaces behind them, while the Gym Trainer, Sits behind a Metal Statue of a Pokball. Challenging the Gym Leader will result in the Roof Opening up and the Sky over your head, The Chamber beneath you will fill with water, and the battle will commence. Although I'm not sure what purpose making it look like a museum serves, It seems the ground gym speciallizes in ilusions. Seeing through illusions is crucial with certain moves like double team and a substitute. A fanciful gym with good ways of maintaining itself.

All in all, unique wys at looking at each element of gym. instead of following the standard set by the cartoon, you've developed you're own way of doing things which actually seems like it would work rather well.

Dizzy
July 23rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
Means the challenging trainer will ahve to ahve mastered navigating tunnels, which we've learned by now is rather important. Although a bottomless pit is impossible, a very deep pit isn't. a rather good poison gym, although clostrophobic peeps wouldn't want to visit. :D

A good place to train, althogh I would be concerned about leaving the gym floor open to the elements. A retractable roof is probably a good idea. the foundation must be stable if the ground moves, much like brock's gym. The toweres will create an impressive visage in teh city.

Although I'm not sure what purpose making it look like a museum serves, It seems the ground gym speciallizes in ilusions. Seeing through illusions is crucial with certain moves like double team and a substitute. A fanciful gym with good ways of maintaining itself.

All in all, unique wys at looking at each element of gym. instead of following the standard set by the cartoon, you've developed you're own way of doing things which actually seems like it would work rather well.

That's because I don't watch the Cartoon, I find it too waterred down, the Insides from Gyms and from the Video Games and manga really inspired me. I have more ^_^!

I'm Currently Making a Video Game, and I used some of these to Illustrate the Gym's I've made ^_^

Pogiforce-14
July 23rd, 2004, 02:16 PM
I agree. I haven't seen much of the manga, but from what I have seen, it does look much better in the Manga. (Except Brock's gym. his looked like an old apartment building.from "Electric Tale of Pikachu!")

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
July 23rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Hmm, I wanty my gym to look normal and boring. Then once you're on the battle, you are surrounded by a transparent oval, that spins random directions every 20 seconds, while you're battling. That would be fun.

Timbjerr
July 23rd, 2004, 05:47 PM
My creative Poison Gym...

Represented in-game:
Due to the lack of an official gym building, my interim gym would be built in a marshy cave. There will be a maze of piers with the archetypical Ninja Boy hiding every here and there. Puzzle here involves using Cut to get rid of little saplings growing out of the swamp and Strengh/Rock Smash to clear stones out of the way. My lineup includes Muk (lv.52), Golbat (lv.53), Weezing (lv.52), Crobat (lv.55)

Represented in anime:
Still in the interim gym's cave. It is simply a network of piers on top of the muddy, polluted water below. The battlefield itself is squared (or perhaps rectangled?) off by floating logs tethered to the bottom, with floating wooden platforms on the surface. My lineup is just as above (plus a possible Tentacruel just to take advantage of having a gym built on polluted water)

Dizzy
July 23rd, 2004, 05:54 PM
Grass Type Gym

On the outside the appearance of this gym takes on the shape of an Office Building. Upon Entering, there are two staircases to either side, one on the left, and the other to the right. Either way you will get to the Gymleader. Greenery can be found in this section. The Gym Floor at the bottom takes the Shape of a Wooden Platform hovering over Leeching Vines. When reaching the gym leader your test will be to complete as many floors below as possible. While in Battle, you will be hurdled between a force of water, and a force of Fire, making you escape Impossible.

shadowman321
July 23rd, 2004, 07:08 PM
my gym would be like this. there would be 5 levels which makes it really long. 3 of 5 levels are dark which means flash is realy needed. you can still go through this gym if you dont encounter some of the ghost pokemon here. but you can beat them, theyre l:10-15.the 2 levels that are not dark have mazes and are really large 1s.

Kaylee
July 23rd, 2004, 07:22 PM
Mine would be really big, and there would be no roof so that the moon could shine in it at night. When you enter there would be a huge creepy staircase, it would be candel lit, and statues of dark pokemon would be on both sides. It leads to the stadium, which is the top of the building. It would look like outside, with grass and trees, and fireflies at night. ^^; I was thiking it up as I wrote.

asher_son_of_ash
July 24th, 2004, 12:01 AM
My new gym: Flying.

The gym has a solid glass walls. It's shaped like a dome without a roof. So that the flying Pokemon can fly and use the sky as a part of the battlefield. However, whenever I change Pokemon with a second type (Gyarados: Flying/Water the ground turns into the atmosphere for that Pokemon.

Such as if I use Gyarados, a pool will come out of the ground. Or If I use a Murkrow, the building will have a roof covering the room in total darkness. Then if I use fire, the dome roof will open again and then a plain of glass appears. The sunlight will pass through the glass and insert a very hot temperature. If a half grass and bug the gym would stop using the roof and then some grass would come out of the ground. =P The endz! v_v; That would cost a lot of money though, but then again the E4 would be the one to pay for all that. :P

Composer of Requiems
July 24th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Well, uh... bug gym, and... uh... no walls? Just an open field with a battle area marked out with paint and a refreshments stand?
And, uh... lots of tall grass on the field! The kind that makes skin itch ^^. And, of course, i'll be prepared =P

AngelWolfie
July 24th, 2004, 09:08 AM
I'd probably have psychic pokemon, so the walls would be one big reflective mirror, the floor would be like a large reflective water bed...and the ceiling would be an invisible barrier to confuse flying types.

OR if I had ice types...My gym's floor would be a perfectly smooth sheet of ice over a gigantic pool of water with large ice spikes jutting from it. The walls would also be ice. There would be ice and silver statues of the legendary pokemon around the gym up against the walls.

Simon
July 24th, 2004, 11:48 PM
My Pokemon gym will look at clean and well built on the outside. Very inviting bascially. Once you walk in, the doors auto-lock on you. Scattered around will be the many trainers that have lost to me. Lights will be burnt out. Rotting bodies will be hanging here and there. Blood will be splattered on the walls. Pokemon are also a part of the dead part. In the center where the stadium is, the ground has been worn out nad bodies are also there. Shattered bones, etc. It'll be dimly lit on the 4 corners of the field with cracked, somewhat bloody skulls with candles in them. Oh and some bodies will be chained up against the wall, pinned by spikes to the wall, etc. Broken pokeballs will be around the ground also.

I'll be hidden away in a dark corner and when the trainer turns his back, I'll come out ahd start the battle. They win, they get a blood badge and their freedom. They lose, they and their Pokemon die. Refer to the bodies for examples of possible ways of dying. I'll have Ghost, Dark, and Psychic type Pokemon in my arsenal.

Pincushion
July 25th, 2004, 02:02 AM
If I was a grass gym leader, This is what my gym would look like!

Flooring: Grass on the battle as the arena floor, with mini bush's lol, and the entrance floor would be green tiles lol, with plants every were!

Outside Building: It would be shaped like a tree..with a Pokemon center as a treehouse at the top lol!

Inside Building: Tall with a glass cealing, were you could see the sky! Still green, with Imprinted green Bublasuars on the wall!

The arena: Biggish, with Grass flooring as i said before, Big Bush's everywere lol, and a small treehouse Caf'e lol!

Thats my Gym!

Username

Dizzy
July 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Flying Type Gym:

It wouldn't be a totally indoor Gym, and it would be located ontop of a Major Corporations Headquarters. There would be two platforms, each having stairs to reach the top. The demand for trainer's would really be that important, but there would be trainers. During the Gym Leader's Battle, the platform where he stands, and the platform where you stand, suspend more over 10 feet of the battlefield. The Leader's Flying Pokmon would be closer to him, and unless your Pokemon can hover, can fly, or is extremely tall, you won't be able to be as close it.

Electric Type Gym

The Outside appears like a regular Apartment-Storefront building, entering it, it will have a simple, wooden floor, and wooden walls. Is this really the Gym though? Nope, you just may have to find the secret door that leads to the real gym! Once you find the Door, it will turn to glass, and shatter, leading you to a Cold, Dark cave. Depress to the Gym Floor and Trainers will appear out of the Darkness lighting the way with their shocking-bright electric Pokemon! Coming to the Leader's Part, The whole gym becomes illuminated and reveals to be a large underground cavern with a Waterfall generating Electricity! Battle the Gym Leader and the battlefield goes from a dark, soiled ground, to a new shock-proof flooring. After Battling, a Trap door will shatter beneath your feet, and you will be teleported to the Entrance, where you first found the secret door.

Steel Type Gym

Actually it's an abandoned warehouse. You'll enter in a small room, where it has large swinging doors for you to open. WATCH YOUR STEP..Looks like a deep pit was dug here! And the only way of menuvering(spelling?) through the gym is through a large moving metal hook and wire. Trainer's are Hurdled to one side. And There was a surprise too! The center of the was-very-deep pit turns to an indestrucable battlefield. Once you'd finished off the trainers, progress to the Leader, who is upstairs in the Office. Upon getting to this room, the Leader will press a switch, filling the Gym below with water (well not completely, but just to scare the Fire Types.) He will show you down to a platform, and you will stand at the opposite side of the Platform he stands on, when the battle is over, the water drains, and the darkness comes back, but a glass bridge allows you to leave without crossing on the metal hook.

Sunrise's Dragon
July 27th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Oh my god. In my gym, there is fire-, flying- and dragontype pokmons. There's first two Charizard-statues front of the door, and theres coloure changing steps midlle the gym. Front of the gym, there is walls and floor made by glass. Steps are higher than floor.

Then there is Crystal ball, where have to walk inside. There's three dudes, who want's to fight! In the "Crystalhall", there is two statues about Articuno. In walls goes sometimes flames or shadows from flying pokmons.

Then you come outside about Crystalball- and BADM, there's green! High, beutifull trees, A rives what is sometimes in the sky, some planets on the darkblue sky... Green grass and awesome, blue or purple flowers. And there's also big stone, where I'm standing. My all pokmons all running free on that mysterious place.

Outside it looks a... Just superordinary Gym. But inside...

It may call " Mysterious Gym"

+Charbaby+
July 27th, 2004, 07:42 AM
My gym would be a Fire/Normal Pokemon gym. On the outside it would look like a damp cave, as the first little room is pitch black .. when you enter a light would flick on automatically and you would see a door. That leads to a kindof tunnel lit by torches on the side of the walls. The tunnel would lead to a big open space in the cave and that would be where you battle. Statues of Charmanders would be everywhere XD I would, as a gym leader, have a Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic and Clefairy, with the ability to use metronome ^^ You like?