• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon; Violet Skies: The Calling of Legends

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Pokemon; Violet Skies: The Calling of Legends
"One heart, One goal, One chance..."

Key:
Bold/Underlined = Chapters
Underlined = Sub-Chapters

UPDATES:

DISCUSSION THREAD...RE-OPENED!

Thanks again to mon94key for opening up a discussion thread. You can find the thread here. Don't forget; All discussion IN THAT THREAD PLEASE! Thankyou. (P.S., all the talk about the "evil-team" name has been moved here as well. Please post any comments/ideas soon, we will be voting tomorrow probably).

Tazz

NO MORE MAPPERS, NEED MORE SPRITERS!

Sorry, but we have enough mappers for this hack. Right now we are looking for spriters and scripters. If interested, please FILL OUT A FORM and reply in this thread. Or you may PM one of the existing Team members.

Tazz

NEW uBAR!

One new uBar in our "Supporter uBars" chapter! (By yours truly)

Tazz

FIRST TOWN BETA SCREENIE!

First Town "Westbrooke Town". (0.01).
(in spoiler)
Spoiler:

Just a small beggining town. Big building is pokemon school.
(creator: Tazz)

PROGRESS:

Hack is coming along nicely. We lost one mapper but that's not the end of the world.

Mapping:

Still working on the first town. About 2/3 done.

Scripting:

Same as mapping. Awaiting the name of "bad-guy" team.

STORY (SO FAR):

Hack of: FireRed

It's early monday morning, and it's your first day at Westbridge High School (name pending).
Being a first day, grade nine student, you are the perfect target for the school bullies, Lance and Victor (once again, names pending...any names you hear are pending :P). You are suddenly ambushed on your way to first period, but your older, grade 12 brother steps in (named by you at beggening). He scares the bullies away. After your fight, your brother mentions you being vulnerable, and needing your own pokemon. He offers you one of two pokemon (Espeon or Umbreon). You choose one and thank him. Next thing you know, your in the middle of a gigantic earthquake. Once it subsides, you and your brother rush outside to see what's going on. To your suprise, you find the whole town staring at the sky. It is slowly turning a dark shade of purple. Your brother, being brave but rather naive, mutters a few words about an old myth and rushes off. You have no idea what he meant, but being a good kid, you rush through the crowd of awestruck towns people to your house. You find your mom and dad sitting in the kitchen wondering where you and your brother are. You tell them about your brother, and about the strange things he said. Your father tells you and your mother to stay in the house, and hurries out of town after your brother. You and your mother are left at home. Your mother asks you to go make sure that the neighbours are alright. You obey. On your way back, you encounter a strange fellow who says he is from Team (?...Still thinking of a bad-guy team name. I'm thinking Team Magnesium mabye? Team Aeon?). He says you need to hand over your pokemon or suffer the consequences. You obviously disagree, and end up battling the strange man. (very easy). Once you beat him, he flees. You go back inside your house, where your mother is being held hostage by two more of these strange men. They say they need to speak to your father, or they will kidnap you and your mother. You try to tell them he just left, but they won't listen. Just as they are about to take you both, your mother speaks up. She says she will stay there while you go get your father and bring him back. The two men agree, and let you leave. You hurry out of town, into the wild in search of your missing family members. That's all you're looking for. But you're about to find so much more...

WANT TO APPLY?

This is who we are looking for right now:

Key:
Strike Through = NO MORE NEEDED
Normal = ROOM FOR MORE
Underlined = URGENT

Major Jobs:

Scripters (Advanced and Beggining)
Mappers
Spriters
Tile Editors
Title Screen Editor(s)

Minor Jobs:

Sprite Gatherer(s)
(more to come)

Form:

Use one of these forms to apply. From now on, we will ignore all applications of they are not in one of these forms (unless you PM one of us, but even then, it's still good to use a form)

Applying For: (What are you applying for)
Experience:(What are your past experiences. Post pictures/paste scripts as proof.
Additional Info.: (Anything else you'd like me to know)

Team Members:

Current Team:

If your name is not here and you've already been approved, give it some time. Either we haven't had time to add you are we have just forgotten. If you don't see it in 1-2 days, PM me (Tazz).

Tazz (Hack Director/Mapper/Basic scripter)
missingno10110 (Mapper/O.W.E.)
£äT¡ø§™ (Head Graphic Designer/Spriter)
mon94key (Beta Tester/Assistant Director)
shinypkmnfan13 (Mapper)
DarkCharizard257 (Scripter/Graphic designer)
megiddo (Scripter)
GeminiSilver (Beta Tester)

Resigned:

Just a list of all past Team members.

Reaper 6 (mapper)

SUPPORTER-uBARS:

Support this hack! Put one of these uBars in your sig and help us advertise! When you add one (or multiple ones) PM one of us to have your name on our "Supporters - Thank You!!" list.

(Open spoiler to view Userbars)

Spoiler:

Supporters - Thank You!!

This is a list of all people who have supported us (that we know of). Every two weeks a draw will be held, contaning all the people on this list. If you are picked, you will be featured as a trainer in our hack! We will PM you asking you which pokemon you would like to have, what level (under a certain limit, depending on how far in the game you are placed) and type of trainer (Bird Trainer, Ace Trainer, PKMN Breeder, etc).
All people on this list will be featured in the credits of the game.

Supporters:

*none so far*

How to Get Your Name on the List?

Put one of the uBars from our "Supporter uBars" section in your sig. PM one of us. Make sure you leave the Userbar in your sig for atleast a day to give us time to respond to the messages and verify it. If cleared. you're name, followed by a "Supporting Since - (month, day, year you started supporting)" will be placed in the list.

Another way of getting your name on the list is to spread the word. Post praises to our hack in certain threads.*
Then, PM us with a link to your post and we will put your name on the list.

*Make sure you are posting in the right thread. We hold no responsibility for warnings/bannings from moderators or staff of PokeCommunity.

Release Date:

Sorry, we aren't far enough yet to give any release dates.

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I will be a mapper( I am great at it)

I am the owner of pokemon shadow black, I will also help you with overworld sprites and maps, if you want.

Last edited:

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Ok, first member! Lol, I'll PM you with details etc. If you could just post some pictures of your mapping skills that would be good lol. (I'm sure I'll like them, I'm not too picky lol).

engage'

a new horizon
Years
I would love to help, but I have no idea what I would do. I could make logo's, uBar's, banners, "Start" screens... anything graphic-like. I can also sprite trainers, but not really well.

If I am in, on mah uBar (userbar), can it say Link rather than Latios and the Pokémon as a trainer sprite? If I am in, I will PM you with the pic.

I might make my own... dunno. =)

Cheers

Aden

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Yup, you can be in for sure :P lol. I'll PM you right now...Um, we'll discuss what you'll do lol

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
Well, er, I'm kinda new and I'm helping with 2 hacks already and making my own but I can make room for more! OK, I am kinda new to ROM Hacking, I've got the general drill after a week though.

Applying For: Mapper
Experience: As I've said above... umm, this one will do I guess: Sorry it's rushed: http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/samfrompaddy/TownScreeny1.jpg & http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/samfrompaddy/TownScreeny2.jpg }
Additional Info.: Meh, I'd like to help and this sounds extremely interesting. I can be a back-up mapper anyways, I'm not looking for a top-job... people just say I'm a good mapper LOL.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Mon94key:
U have some tile errors on the mountain and some MP errors(mart & gym)

Tazz:
I could be a mapper for you.
Heres the first town in my hack:

town1revised.jpg

Last edited:

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Ok, you guys both look like pretty decent mappers. I'll PM you both in a couple minutes. :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
shinypkmnfan13 - That's off-topic, and I've noticed the Mart & Mountain ones now, but not the Gym... could ya point it out?

1. I just saw the mountains to, u forgot a one over the mountain ledges and the front of the gym has to have a C(besides the three door parts) and the back of the gym should have a C, as well as the mart, like the houses and P.C.

2. What's off-topic?

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
Decent? Me? That's... well... um, surprising LOL. I can only do basic mapping, it's nice to know that someone think's I'm a decent mapper when shinypkmnfan13 is obviously a lot better then me.

EDIT: shinypkmnfan13 - Us talking about our maps in his thread.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, to tell you the truth, I'm more of a small mapper. I hate making big maps.
When I re-do a big map like RUSTBORO, theres gonna be A LOT of no-door houses close together or some empty space.
Thanx for the compliment.
Your a really good mapper, too.
U just have to fix those tile errors.
The other reason why my maps are so weird too is because I try not to make them square.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
Thanks. I always seem to make mistakes in everything... but I always fix them after someone points them out. I like making big cities and long as I know what I'm putting in it. I see what you mean, square maps get boring, it's cool to see something different.

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Lol, it's good to see you guys getting along so well :laugh:
I sent both of you a PM. Get back soon lol
And, mon94key, seeing as you like to map big, why don't you put together a big city. A city to end all cities :P like, Las Vegas or something lol. This will be our "Big City" like Celadon in FR/LG.
Anyways, I'm going to edit the post, then I'm going to bed for the night. G'Night!

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
Night, Tazz, I'll get to work on it now... it won't be finished by the time you wake up 'cause I'm going to sleep soon and then I have to go out all day tomorrow, so it should be done by the time you wake up the day after LOL.

EDIT: LOVE the new updated plot/screeny. It sounds a lot better now.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
the map is good tazz don't get me wrong but there are some stuff you should edit.
1) The town looks like it is man made. I'm talking about the trees.
it looks like a real border instead of "nature". Add a bit more trees to make it seem more natural.
2) I think you should get different kinds of houses and you should change the school.make it a lab or cinnabar mansion.it F.Y.I.
3) The "road" is kinda plain.I think you should change that a bit.

but then again it is only opinion/constructive criticism.
Sorryb but i am only here to rate and i saw the name (which caught my eye) not apply for a job.
this hack seems really good though.
keep it up and don't rush.
If you take your time the hack will come out nice.

EDIT:found something else wrong.
You are only using one grass type and you made a ledge error.

engage'

a new horizon
Years
Cool! Everyone's helping! lol.

making my own uBar ATM Tazz, will add to sig soon. You gonna add me to the roster on the first post? lol

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Since your scripting for me.. And it looks like you need help (well, says you need more scripters >_>)
I'll help :3 Put me down.

From me to you:
3590h3p.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/3590h3p.png[/IMG]
:D

Tazz

Tazz the Spazz
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
NIN: alright thatnkyou for the heads up! lol, yeah, i know I only used one grass type :P i was just rushing to get it done so i could give a little example on what it will resemble. but thanks for checking it out! lol

Latios: Alrighty, dude! lol, and yeah, sorry I forgot to add you in.

DarkCharizard257: Thanks so much man! that's an awesome uBar, and yeah, we really need scripters. so your're in! lol (seeing as i've seen your work already :P)

Back