PDA

View Full Version : pokemon essentials , help !!!

NastyA
March 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
hi , i have downloaded that tool but i don't know how make it works on my project to have a system like in the pokemon game..anyone can help me ? tnx

Firemaker
March 21st, 2008, 05:31 PM
1. Do you have RPG Maker XP?
2. Did you open the Essentials Game Project?

Check these two first.

DarkPegasus
March 22nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Can you be way more specific? That way maybe you could get some help.
I also suggest that you post your questions here:

Pokemon Essentials Thread (http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=105731)

Also, here is the help for Pokemon Essentials:

Help (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html)

P.S. You don't need to have RPG Maker VX, you need XP.

NastyA
March 22nd, 2008, 06:27 AM
hi guys and tnx for the replies. yes i have rpgmaker xp but when i open the essentials' folder rpg maker says " project could not be read due to incompatibility between software versions. "

so i have tried to cut all the folders of the essentals and past em in my project , but if i try to mod something , it crashs and appares a windows dialog about the crash of program... :(

DarkPegasus
March 22nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
Well, you are opening a project that has been made with legal version of RMXP and you have illegal... I am not sure if this is vice-versa... There are some ways around this... But it's illegal for me to tell you... But, PM me if you want to find out more...

NastyA
March 22nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Well, you are opening a project that has been made with legal version of RMXP and you have illegal... I am not sure if this is vice-versa... There are some ways around this... But it's illegal for me to tell you... But, PM me if you want to find out more...

yeah i understood what u are sayin ;) so i try to download it in another place and i tell u if i have again a problem..but .. if i can open essentials' project , i must start to make my personal game modding the essentials' project ?!

DarkPegasus
March 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Yes, you have to edit the Essentials... But, I think that you can also copy the scripts...

NastyA
March 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
aaah i get it now !!!! but if i mod something in the game it ain't works and i don't know why ... it crashs .. when for example i change the intro ( modding the oak's talking ) it crash..if i change the start it crashs...IT CRASHS :°D LOL

Hall Of Famer
March 23rd, 2008, 01:29 AM
aaah i get it now !!!! but if i mod something in the game it ain't works and i don't know why ... it crashs .. when for example i change the intro ( modding the oak's talking ) it crash..if i change the start it crashs...IT CRASHS :°D LOL

You had better not modify the title screen since it requires advanced skills at RGXP to make it work.

Besides, there's a huge bug I have to point out --- The POKE Center feature sucks. When I enter the POKE Center to heal my POKEMON, the error occur stating "failed to load bitmap:graphics\characters\POKE ball on the left(or right). What's going on? Does anyone else experience the same issue. Please help me with this since POKE Center is such a significant part of the POKEMON game.

Firemaker
March 23rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hall of Famer- Please ask in the essentials thread.

NastyA- It is likely that there is incompatibility between RPG Maker XP and your version, which is likely illegal. Try going to the XP homepage and downloading a trial of the program. See how the legal and illegal versions compare.

March 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM
We don't provide support on how to get Essentials (or anything else for that matter) working with an illegal version of RMXP.