PDA

View Full Version : Questions?

Eagle-Eye_Shuriken
March 22nd, 2008, 04:05 AM
What skills do you need to start making your own pokemon game (alone with no help).
What programs do you need to complete the project.
And where do i get these programs?

EES

O.G. Duke
March 22nd, 2008, 04:15 AM
Okay, if you are a beginner to game making, I think you should try RMXP.
Pokemon game is for more advance user so try to learn all the basic. ( like story scene etc )
RMXP will cost you, so be prepare.
There is lot of starter kit for RMXP but the most working is Pokemon Essential.

Hope these help you.

Offtopic : I'M the founder of Pokemon Raptor. Why you said it yours in your forum?!

Orange Meganium
March 22nd, 2008, 04:25 AM
How can you directly download FREE pokemon games?You know blue,red...
Of the internet?

O.G. Duke
March 22nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
This is the wrong place...
Post at emulation there.

Wichu
March 22nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
And anyway, it's against the rules to link to ROMs, because they're illegal.

DarkPegasus
March 22nd, 2008, 05:00 AM
What skills do you need to start making your own pokemon game (alone with no help).

Well, what you need is a lot of imagination, perseverance and patience. Like with everything else you must learn trough trial and error. Some skills that may come in handy: Spriting (general drawing), mapping (sense of proportions), story writing, scripting (knowledge of some programing language), I assume there are many more...

What programs do you need to complete the project.

I am currently using: Winamp, RM2k3, paint and photoshop, FireFox. But what you need is: Something to listen music and/or make some custom music, to make custom tilesets/charsets, something to help you rip gfx from official games (VBA and paint), and something to combine it all together (some kind of gamemaker). And some kind of ie, for internet ^^

And where do i get these programs?

Just google for them...