PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Expect From the Next Shadow Pokemon Game?

Supreme Dirt
March 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Alrighty, I'm assuming the disappointment that is PBR was just Nintendo seeing how Pokemon would work on Wii.

But, it has been three years since we have last heard from Orre, and it has been strangely silent.

To get to the point, what are you expecting in the next "Shadow Pokemon" game? Maybe someone from Nintendo will even read it, though I'm not arrogant enought to say for certain they will.

For me? More variety of Shadow Pokemon purification unigue moves, and Celebi, like in the Japanese Coliseum, only this time we get Celebi too.

Skaterzpenguin
March 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
If they do make another pokemon game for the wii. The story should have more bad guys in it and they stole some legendary pokemon like celebi, jirachi, mew, OR even MEWTWO!!! lol Also they should let us train in the wild this time instead of using pokemon food to attract pokemon by battling them.

Shadowthinker
March 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Ya i argree there should be a storyline

+Roxas+
March 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
or a 3d game with all regions and cipher has the legends in shadows..

you get 2 master per region!

bobandbill
March 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM
or a 3d game with all regions and cipher has the legends in shadows..

you get 2 master per region!
I doubt that there would be much space for all of the regions (Johto, Kanto, Hooen, Sinnoh and Orre...) memory wise... maybe, but unlikely, unless the condense everything and don't ahve any routes...

AlexPriest
March 24th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Playing a 3d game with one of the more familiar regions would be nice though. I never really cared for Orre. It'd be cool if the Wii had a pokemon MMO...though I doubt that's really possible.

Murasaki
March 24th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'm hoping that there aren't anymore Shadow Pokemon games... I didn't really like them much. :S PBR is much better. If they'd added the same amount of content to that game as they did to Pokemon Stadium (like mini-games!) it would have been awesome.

The only thing the Shadow Pokemon games are useful for are catching Pokemon that you haven't been able to obtain, and that's not really a problem now because of trading Pokemon online. The story isn't very good and purifying Pokemon just isn't fun. They should just stick to their old formula and make an original Pokemon 3D RPG, but with more options rather than just "YAY BEAT GYM LEADERZ LOLOL!" There's more to the Pokemon world than that.

And yes, Pokemon just screams "MMO", but I don't think that's gonna happen. -_-

bobandbill
March 24th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'm hoping that there aren't anymore Shadow Pokemon games... I didn't really like them much. :S PBR is much better. If they'd added the same amount of content to that game as they did to Pokemon Stadium (like mini-games!) it would have been awesome.

The only thing the Shadow Pokemon games are useful for are catching Pokemon that you haven't been able to obtain, and that's not really a problem now because of trading Pokemon online. The story isn't very good and purifying Pokemon just isn't fun. They should just stick to their old formula and make an original Pokemon 3D RPG, but with more options rather than just "YAY BEAT GYM LEADERZ LOLOL!" There's more to the Pokemon world than that.

And yes, Pokemon just screams "MMO", but I don't think that's gonna happen. -_-
Well, I have to disagree with your thoughts on Shadow Pokemongames. Great characters, the story wasn't bad (better than some, only with too many plot holes... :( ), and I didn't find purifying all that hard (and it's way easier on XD).
Plus, it had Miror B. :P

If there was to be another Shadow Pokemon game, it would need to learn from it's mistakes (lack of routes, wild Pokemon and the system used for it in XD was bad, more things like contest or whatnot... etc, things pointed out by various people on the game), and a return of Miror B and his Salsa music.

I think this had been somewhat covered in hte 'Another RPG for the Wii?" thread, although that didn't focus on Shadow Pokemon until the debate came out...

Murasaki
March 25th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Well, I have to disagree with your thoughts on Shadow Pokemongames. Great characters, the story wasn't bad (better than some, only with too many plot holes... :( ), and I didn't find purifying all that hard (and it's way easier on XD).
Plus, it had Miror B. :P

I will agree that Miror B rocks. xD

Espreon
March 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
If there will be a next Shadow Pokemon game it would be nice if they stole Mewtwo or Mew or anything along those lines. The next Cipher boss would likely be Ardos.

bobandbill
March 25th, 2008, 10:13 PM
If there will be a next Shadow Pokemon game it would be nice if they stole Mewtwo or Mew or anything along those lines. The next Cipher boss would likely be Ardos.
That's a decent possibility. Another possibility would be Miror B with 'team Miror' - heard some people suggest that, although IMO I doubt it, given that he gives up and goes back to dancing...

Judging byt the first two however, it would have to be a nice old person that either helps you or has happy theme music, only to backflip in the last part of the story and treveal themselves as evil. ;)

Supreme Dirt
March 26th, 2008, 04:21 AM
That's a decent possibility. Another possibility would be Miror B with 'team Miror' - heard some people suggest that, although IMO I doubt it, given that he gives up and goes back to dancing...

Judging byt the first two however, it would have to be a nice old person that either helps you or has happy theme music, only to backflip in the last part of the story and treveal themselves as evil. ;)

Wait, so that happens at the end of Colosseum too? Don't tell me who it is, I want to be surprised.

But I'm pretty sure it'll be Ardos. After all, what was he planning when he left, that smirk on his face?

Oh, and for the person who said PBR was good, no offense, but WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!? Admittedly, it wasn't particularly bad, but it wasn't particularly good, either. About the only reason I would get it would be for post-stargazer Sunny Park Colosseum, and for Surfing Pikachu.

Murasaki
March 26th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Oh, and for the person who said PBR was good, no offense, but WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!? Admittedly, it wasn't particularly bad, but it wasn't particularly good, either. About the only reason I would get it would be for post-stargazer Sunny Park Colosseum, and for Surfing Pikachu.

I'm not smoking anything. I've had a lot of fun with PBR, and still continue to do so.

Supreme Dirt
March 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'm not smoking anything. I've had a lot of fun with PBR, and still continue to do so.

Yeah, sorry about that, wasn't in a good mood. Admittedly, PBR is pretty fun in its own way.

We should probly get back on topic.

bobandbill
March 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM
But I'm pretty sure it'll be Ardos. After all, what was he planning when he left, that smirk on his face?

Although, that could have been put down to bad animatting... but XD did have some characters change facial expressions (gasp!) unlike Colosseum for the most part (bar Rui seeing Shadow Pokemon) - and the only time I believe the main character in XD changed facial expression was the whole 'your scooter is stuck in the said' part - was quite funny without meaning to be. *insert image of angry/annoyed Micheal repeatedly trying to start up scooter-thing here*.

HunterZero
April 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
I think they should have shadow lucario or Arceus as the big shadow pokemon and i agree a story line

Murasaki
April 1st, 2008, 10:17 PM
Why Lucario? o.O He's not a legendary and he's very easy to get in either Diamond or Pearl. If they did make another Shadow Pokemon game, I agree that it would be nice to have a Pokemon that is really difficult for people to get, since not everyone has access to events where Pokemon like Mew etc. are given away.

They should make it really, really difficult to catch, however.

Kylo
April 2nd, 2008, 03:36 AM
Playing a 3d game with one of the more familiar regions would be nice though. I never really cared for Orre. It'd be cool if the Wii had a pokemon MMO...though I doubt that's really possible.
Oh, it's possible by computer standards. What makes it impossible is that Nintendo would never consider such a thing for any series.

As for me, I hated the shadow games. They sucked real bad. Sure, it's cool when you can catch other people's Pokemon, but when you have to catch them, it get's very annoying.

Also, they could very easily make a game with all the regions, but it might have to be 2D.

iLike2EatPiez
April 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
If they make one, it's likely to have either unlimited shadow Pokemon somehow or unlimited wild Pokemon (with a better way to catch them). I've often thought of neat things they could do with a third Shadow-Pokemon-game though. I doubt they'd shove a little-legend in it, but they might include something like Shadow Darkrai. I doubt Arceus since it's far too powerful to be reasonably put in a game without being locked away by events, and Shaymin because... well, why would the almighty Shadow Shaymin really be all that intimidating? So far, Darkrai seems to be the most reasonable legend to put in for a third Shadow-Pokemon game, and it would be exciting. Perhaps the Regis could be involved, on the topic of legends?

Azonic
April 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
It would be nice if they put gyms in there. Heh, that would be awesome.

Espreon
April 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
I doubt Arceus since it's far too powerful to be reasonably put in a game without being locked away by events, and Shaymin because... well, why would the almighty Shadow Shaymin really be all that intimidating?

Hey, don't underestimate the almighty Chia Pet of Doom! A Shadow version is just scarier, the Shadow version of Shaymin would probably have carnivorous plants growing on its back or something, I get this idea since the "perfect" shadowing process seems to mutate Pokes (like Shadow Lugia).

Supreme Dirt
April 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hey, don't underestimate the almighty Chia Pet of Doom! A Shadow version is just scarier, the Shadow version of Shaymin would probably have carnivorous plants growing on its back or something, I get this idea since the "perfect" shadowing process seems to mutate Pokes (like Shadow Lugia).

Yeah, SHAYMIN. WE WANT SHAYMIN. YOU HEAR US NINTENDO?!?!?
WE WANT SHAYMIN!!!

Anyways, now that I'm done being a spaz, that would be awesome.

Also, we mustn't forget that for some reason Shadow Lugia was far more powerful than a regular Lugia should have been, even accounting for a possible shadow move STAB.

Shiny Umbreon
April 5th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I don't think they'll make the effort for another Main Series game until the next console. Of course, PBR was a disappointment, so they could as well try to fix the problem with another game. Still, there are DS spin-offs to come out, and probably the third D/P game (I doubt there will be a G/S but there is a slight possibility), so I don't think they'll focus on another Wii game.

KageRyuu
April 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM
If you want Shaymin so bad, buy an AR...lol. PBR was the worst idea ever, even if it was just to see how the pokemon would work. The only thing I enjoyed, was the different types of battles introduced, because it involved stratedgy,luck, and a knowledge of pokemons types + and moves. The whole no story, not even able to raise your own pokemon was the worst. I could forgive the no story, but not even raising your pokemon gave me such a frowny face lol.

As for the next Shadow Pokemon game...I wanna see a shadow Darkrai...or Acerus as the final pokemon. Just imagen the God Pokemon corrupted in Darkness, and just raining down wrath everywhere. Or using its abilities to morph the world around it.

dtrain24
April 13th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Um, I think the next Game in Orre should include wild pokemon, 100 Shadow Pokemon, and the story line is that Celebi, the Master of Purification, has been kidnapped by Cipher under a new ruler, Mirror B. Celebi has been turned into a Shadow Pokemon, along with many others.

Espreon
April 13th, 2008, 09:23 AM
If you want Shaymin so bad, buy an AR...lol.

Lol, ARs are for cheaters which we are not. In addition Shadow Shaymin already has an idea for its mutation.

As for the next Shadow Pokemon game...I wanna see a shadow Darkrai...or Acerus as the final pokemon. Just imagen the God Pokemon corrupted in Darkness, and just raining down wrath everywhere. Or using its abilities to morph the world around it.

Shadow Darkrai as the final Poke? I can't really see a mutation for Darkrai. Maybe Arceus but I would think his children would prevent his capture, yeah all six of them. Besides there is already a Pokemon that fits your description, its called the Omega Pokemon. It just has not been created yet...

XaRhS
April 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
firstly,i expect a lot from the next shadow pokemon game
secondly,shadow pokemon must be much more than colosseum's
thirdly,it would be really surprising by the side of players to see darkrai as the final swadow pokemon
and finally,you got to be careful out there when it comes for darkrai
(tyranitar wasn't intimidating at all!)
how did you catch it?

Espreon
April 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
firstly,i expect a lot from the next shadow pokemon game
secondly,shadow pokemon must be much more than colosseum's
thirdly,it would be really surprising by the side of players to see darkrai as the final swadow pokemon
and finally,you got to be careful out there when it comes for darkrai
(tyranitar wasn't intimidating at all!)
how did you catch it?

OMG, why does it always the creepy Pokes that are being Shadowed? Why can't it be mutated versions of the cute legendaries (Read my posts above).

bobandbill
April 19th, 2008, 09:24 PM
OMG, why does it always the creepy Pokes that are being Shadowed? Why can't it be mutated versions of the cute legendaries (Read my posts above).
'Cause a scary version of a scary Pokemon is that much more... scary.
May I add - The Great Butler's XD fics have had a shadow Shaymin, and a lot more as well...

They've already done a 'happy' Pokemon as a Shadow - Chansey. Which didn't quite strike fear as it only had the aura, while it still smiled happily.
For me, the scariest looking one was actually Mr Mime. As they again reused his image form Pokemon Stadium, so you had this awful looking Pokemon as a Shadow. Oh dear.

Reminds me - maybe more 'scary' looking versions of Shadow Pokemon. Only, unlikely to be done, as we wouldn't want to scare the little kids... then again, recently in Nintendo games there has been a bleeding Master Hand, or disappearing utterly destoryed worlds in Super Paper Mario... which is a step from removing priests from Zelda games and turning them into wizards or something for the non-Japanese versions...

Feuer
April 19th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Perhaps Nintendo could make one (not specifically a shodow game but any pokemon game) where you can catch and then trade over all of the legendary pokemon. Make a proper storyline, make it long and cut out that (only one obtainable after you purify and blah blah blah).

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
neither colosseum's togetic was scaring nor shuckle(the 47thpokemon in the list)the only thing i am afraid of is ''swadow rush''.......''gofre'' said me to look in www.serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net) for the weathers and i read that swadow pokemon can use swadow sky.......is that true?
certainly, the weather was taking place in phenac stadium

Glacier
April 20th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I expect a Shiny Shaymin and Aggron.

Virtual Chatot
April 20th, 2008, 05:57 AM
There's going to be another Shadow Pokemon game?...xD

If there is going to be one, I want a Winter Climate Town ;3

dtrain24
April 20th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see very legendary shadowed, and many other pokemon shadowed as well. Arceus is last Shadow Pokemon.

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM
hey,what about a giratina for the last swadow pokemon?isn't it cool?

Sajiri
April 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I love Orre but I dont think they should have another Shadow game. I mean, the pokemon villains are already lacking intelligence but they tried Shadow pokemon scheme once and got beat by a guy who's obviously not quite right in the head wearing a trenchcoat in the desert (still love him though), then they tried it again and got beat by an even younger kid. If they did it AGAIN then that just makes them stupid.

I actually did like the Shadow games. I thought they had a better plot than most, but as someone said there were plot holes (like I dont think it ever said WHY Wes left Snagem. I just assumed he didnt like what was being done with the pokemon since he obviously is nice enough to them to have both and espeon and an umbreon) and the lack of routes was dissapointing. Might have been better if they had some more areas (or just had the existing ones bigger) And PBR wasnt too bad. Playing in the stadiums was boring after a while but I do really enjoy taking people on over Wifi. Of course, when I bought the wii and PBR I actually bought it for my friend so I only get to play it every couple of weeks. I might have got bored of it if I owned it.

I think before Nintendo goes making another game what they should really do (though I know they never will) is hold a public forum or something and let the fans suggest what they'd like to see in their games and then build off those ideas. Im sure most of us would like a way to capture event legendaries since we cant all go to events, we'd like more to do than just gyms and I've heard plenty of complaining about the types of pokemon and the evolutions and such.

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 12:49 PM
that's a good story you mention there.......don't forget that miror.b failed with his assistant to destroy the relic stone.....so he may want a revenge for that.......

bobandbill
April 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I expect a Shiny Shaymin and Aggron.Don't expect too much then. ;)
I love Orre but I dont think they should have another Shadow game. I mean, the pokemon villains are already lacking intelligence but they tried Shadow pokemon scheme once and got beat by a guy who's obviously not quite right in the head wearing a trenchcoat in the desert (still love him though), then they tried it again and got beat by an even younger kid. If they did it AGAIN then that just makes them stupid.
Well, it didn't stop Team Rocket starting again (GSC) after being beaten by a kid, and without Giovanni too.
I think the set up by most of the head honchos of Cipher and Snagem were not bad at all - then someone (Like Venus) would drop a convinent key... In Colo, it turned out that only a section (albeilt large) had been defeated - Cipher than decided to lie low for 5 years, then continue with a different plan.
Wes's trenchcoat actually wouldn't have been bad at night (gets cold in the desert), and considering the technology in Pokemon they may have invented a better form of clothing... although I can't see that.
I actually did like the Shadow games. I thought they had a better plot than most, but as someone said there were plot holes (like I dont think it ever said WHY Wes left Snagem. I just assumed he didnt like what was being done with the pokemon since he obviously is nice enough to them to have both and espeon and an umbreon) and the lack of routes was dissapointing. Might have been better if they had some more areas (or just had the existing ones bigger) And PBR wasnt too bad. Playing in the stadiums was boring after a while but I do really enjoy taking people on over Wifi. Of course, when I bought the wii and PBR I actually bought it for my friend so I only get to play it every couple of weeks. I might have got bored of it if I owned it.
Plot holes was a killer. And the lack of routes was due to the region and it's troubled state as well - but that was a let down, I have to say. Maybe they could have had routes with trainers in them at least...
What I find funny is that on Colo and XD, there were people complaining about how it 'wasn't like stadium' - yet some people now complain about PBR becasue it's 'only stadiums'. Hmm...
IMO I wouldn't mind seeing another Shadow Poke game as the next RPG on the Wii, but with some improvements (more to do - less plot holes, routes, Miror B, etc).
I think before Nintendo goes making another game what they should really do (though I know they never will) is hold a public forum or something and let the fans suggest what they'd like to see in their games and then build off those ideas. Im sure most of us would like a way to capture event legendaries since we cant all go to events, we'd like more to do than just gyms and I've heard plenty of complaining about the types of pokemon and the evolutions and such.
Problem with a public forum would be that a fair number of 'noobs' would come and insist with crazy ideas, or having all of the regions in one game (which I really can't see happening - and why would Nintendo do so if they could see each region separately and get more money?
that's a good story you mention there.......don't forget that miror.b failed with his assistant to destroy the relic stone.....so he may want a revenge for that.......
???
Wasn't Miror B and his assistant, just a random Peon who you versed again later on. Miror B didn't try to get revenge for the relic stone at all in XD, due to the fact it wasn't him there, and if tat guy wanted revenge of some sort, maybe XD - 5 years later - would have been a half-decent time to appear, but he didn't.

Mattysaurus
April 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I think the big legendary will be Regigigas and the Regis will be involved.
e.g. ho-oh and the legendary dogs and lugia and the legendary birds were in colo and XD

XaRhS
April 21st, 2008, 01:02 AM
really.....do you expect regigigas to evolve?i mean.....how much bigger? LOL!

gotron228
April 21st, 2008, 02:47 AM
I would suggest Darkrai and Giratina but they all ready are basically Shadow Pokemon and they would be if Shadow was a real type in the GB, GBC, GBA and DS series. Anyway I'm thinking of Shadow Celibi they could use taht agianst there advantage seeing that Celibi is a time traveler and they could also use Shadow Dialga to there Bidding as well or even the three spirits of the lake lets just face it the possibility of seeing any random legendary as th supposing next shadow Pokemon is endless we just have to sit here and wait.

bobandbill
April 21st, 2008, 02:53 AM
No, wait - I have it! The most feared shadow Pokemon of all - makes a return from Colosseum!

It's SHADOW DUNSPARCE!!!

...probably got one of the best moves it ever had in Shadow Rush, might I add...
...Or, we could just slap on another legendary.

yahiko
May 1st, 2008, 07:23 AM
i think if they make another one they should make it like the regular pokemon games on gba and ds exepte better graphics!!

.//Fractal_Fairy.dll
May 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM
I doubt that there would be much space for all of the regions (Johto, Kanto, Hooen, Sinnoh and Orre...) memory wise... maybe, but unlikely, unless the condense everything and don't ahve any routes...

Hey! You forgot Fiore! (Pokemon Ranger) :P

bobandbill
May 1st, 2008, 11:31 PM
Hey! You forgot Fiore! (Pokemon Ranger) :P
Heck, I've also forgotten the regionS for the mystery dungeon games THAT NEEDS IN AS WELL!!! ;)

i think if they make another one they should make it like the regular pokemon games on gba and ds exepte better graphics!!__________________
Well, obviously, if they did that they wouldn't be running the DS graphics, let alone the GBA graphics on the Wii, would they, so that is a given... and I wouldn't mind something new, or something else added in new as well, I guess, rather than the same old same old from the GBA/DS agems anyway... but I wouldn't really mind. :)

yahiko
May 2nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
Actualy if they make another game they should remake johnto
cuz they left it out of the gba generation.

bobandbill
May 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Actualy if they make another game they should remake johnto
cuz they left it out of the gba generation.
Firstly, they did so becasue there wasn't much point of doing it as the games were quite close apart anyway (2nd gen and 3rd gen). They remade RBY into FR/LG for a anniversary of when those games were made and made $$$ - 10 years or something?
Anyway, there is a large possibility a GSC remake is in the works anyway for DS - looking at all the references, and the coding in Diamond and Pearl that can have Pokemon originating from 'JOHTO' places - two slots as well, and as there is no legit way of getting Pokemon from Johto as of yet, one guesses a remake is (possibly) on the way.

But here is the place to discuss Shadow Pokemon games, if they do another, rather than non-shadow Pokemon games...

spike6958
May 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
I expect, well more hope that the next Shadow Pokemon game is non-exsistant because apart from getting some otherwise hard to get Pokemon with good movesets the games are worthless, i would much rather see either Pokemon Stadium 3, Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Wii.

bobandbill
May 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I expect, well more hope that the next Shadow Pokemon game is non-exsistant because apart from getting some otherwise hard to get Pokemon with good movesets the games are worthless, i would much rather see either Pokemon Stadium 3, Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Wii.
Games was worthless? How so? Games are usually for entertainment, and for me it did just that... opinion mind.

Pokemon Stadium 3 - cough PBR? It IS stadium, only with Wi Fi, and no minigames.
Snap 2 - well, it's different to an RPG like the Shadow Pokemon games- a spinoff, but I'd admit number one was fun (and good chance to use the Wii remote as well for it).
Mystery ungeon on Wii - somehow I doubt it, more than likely to stay on the GBA/DS. Shadow Poke game probably more likely.

spike6958
May 4th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Games was worthless? How so? Games are usually for entertainment, and for me it did just that... opinion mind.

Pokemon Stadium 3 - cough PBR? It IS stadium, only with Wi Fi, and no minigames.
Snap 2 - well, it's different to an RPG like the Shadow Pokemon games- a spinoff, but I'd admit number one was fun (and good chance to use the Wii remote as well for it).
Mystery ungeon on Wii - somehow I doubt it, more than likely to stay on the GBA/DS. Shadow Poke game probably more likely.

Ok i admit the Shadow Pokemon games arn't completly worthless, i am starting to find Colosseum to be an ok game (Purifiying Pokemon is slow as hell though), but even so there is no reason at all to make a 3rd one(seeing how we can now get all Johto pokemon) unless Nintendo are getting really short on ideas.

Are you crazy PBR was nothing like Stadium all PBR had was Battle the Colosseum Masters, Battle your battle passes, battle on Wifi, & DS battle where as Pokemon Stadium had, Gym Leader Tower, The Pokemon Cups (and if i remember there was 5 of them), Free for all, Minigames, ability to play GB/C Pokemon Games on tv, create your own Battle Pass instead of getting set ones, now if all that was in it and they had Wifi then it could be classed as Stadium 3 but as it stands it is nothing like it.

I would really like Snap 2 but it will most likely never happen :( due to the first one only been made to see what Pokemon would be like in 3d.

I think Mystery Dungeon on the Wii isn't as unlikely an idea as you think i mean the sales rates have been good for the first two and look:
Red Rescue Team-GBA/Blue Rescue Team-DS
Explorers of Time/Darkness-DS
why where they done like that? so they could connect, but people will only buy one copy of the games unlike with D/P, where as if they had done this
Explorers of Time-DS/Explorers of Darkness-Wii
and they connect them the same way they connected them on the DS more people would have thought to buy both because one would be a 3D game that they could play at home and one would have been a topdown game that could be played while on the move and then you could transfer items that where collected while you were out and send them to your Wii and that is how Nintendo makes there money with Pokemon it there ability to sell one person mulitple copies of one game, e.g Red,Blue/Green,Yellow,FireRed,LeafGreen they are all the same game (minus some Pokemon and the sevi islands) and most Pokemon fans own most if not all of them.

Supreme Dirt
May 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Hrrmmm... Can we get back on topic, maybe?
Anyways, I recently figured that the Regis will be in the next shadow pokemon game, obviously.
As well, three of the twelve starters will be obtainable (the three johto starters being obtainable in the first two shadow pokemon games) and hopefully it will be the kanto starters.
Finally, I should like to see more special moves variety than Heal Bell, Refresh, and Helping Hand on most of the Pokemon. Wish would be nice to see more of, and I would even be okay with Healing Wish.

King_Lucario
May 9th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Here's an idea for a Shadow Pokemon game...

Its called Pokemon: The Darkness Within

Plot:
A meteor has hit the planet and has mysterious powers locked within it. An organization known as Vexus takes the meteor to their base and researches it. They learn that any Pokemon around the meteor gets turned into the fabled Shadow Pokemon. Scientists utilize the meteor's power and focus it into an arm-like device called a Shadow Snagger that turns any Pokemon captured into a Shadow Pokemon. The main character comes in and takes the Shadow Snagger and runs away, only to have a Shadow Eevee hitch a ride.

Throughout the course of the game, the main character tries to figure out how to convert the Shadow Snagger into a device that can purify Pokemon with a single catch. Also, the Shadow Eevee that you obtain constantly switches between Purified and Shadow, making training of it difficult.

At the end of the game, Arceus appears and purifies the Eevee (or whatever you have evolved it into). The Shadow Snagger is destroyed and Shadow Pokemon exist no more. Also, the Shadow Snagger only turns into a Purify Snagger at the end of the game when you have reached certain objectives.

A game with that plot would be SO cool to play!

masterfun101
May 9th, 2008, 05:04 PM
i think they shuld have an orre game were you travel EVERY REGION even fiore (pokemon ranger place) to save the shadow pokemon from cipher!

bobandbill
May 9th, 2008, 08:07 PM
i think they shuld have an orre game were you travel EVERY REGION even fiore (pokemon ranger place) to save the shadow pokemon from cipher!

And Nintendo would give up cash cows of having different agames with one region each, by mixing them all together? Unlikely to happen, also if you consider memory space for it as well...

At the end of the game, Arceus appears and purifies the Eevee (or whatever you have evolved it into). The Shadow Snagger is destroyed and Shadow Pokemon exist no more. Also, the Shadow Snagger only turns into a Purify Snagger at the end of the game when you have reached certain objectives.

Here be my main qualm - why ddidn't Arceus appear eariler and stop it in the beginning of the game? Also, not sure if there would be a game based on him, but one never knows...

~CyberKitsune09~
May 10th, 2008, 07:58 AM
They need Wi-Fi union rooms, where you can go online and chat with other players live, and just like a union room, have 1-on-1 battles, trade pokemon with the person, and draw.

~cpuDuDe08~

\\Ceiran//
May 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
i know this is probably so far off the mark that its a dot on the horizon, but i have my suspicions about ??? arceus...

although i too doubt he'll ever feature heavily in a game, or come to that, officially EXIST...

bobandbill
May 19th, 2008, 03:13 AM
i know this is probably so far off the mark that its a dot on the horizon, but i have my suspicions about ??? arceus...

although i too doubt he'll ever feature heavily in a game, or come to that, officially EXIST... Firstly, they more than likely won't use an event Pokemon in the games, such as Arceus. Especially considering his 'status', so you will. But they won't use his ??? type, I can say. It's really just a placeholder, nothing more.

Matt-O
May 23rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
I just want to see routes, wild Pkmn (grass can't be that hard to make, please Nintendo), a better storyline, and a better explination of Shadow Pkmn than, "The door to its heart is closed." Why don't we go all the way back to kindergarten and say that they're just big meanies.

wakachamo
May 23rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
I just want to see routes, wild Pkmn (grass can't be that hard to make, please Nintendo), a better storyline, and a better explination of Shadow Pkmn than, "The door to its heart is closed." Why don't we go all the way back to kindergarten and say that they're just big meanies.

That last line is probably the funniest I've seen for quite a long time here on PC. XD

Anyway, yeah, I doubt they're actually gonna keep going with this whole Shadow Pokémon thing. Sure, it was in the spotlight in Colosseum, it took a whole new focus in Gale of Darkness, but IMO it didn't really catch on all that much, and like Mo Man said, the whole "door to heart is teh closed" is just a bit too superficial for anybody to try and make sense out of it. =/

Matt-O
May 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Good to see that someone agrees with me. I think that with some effort the Shadow Pkmn games could be really good, right now they just don't have a solid reason for shadows to exist, which destroys the whole principle that they are bad. Maybe they're just antisocial. What's so horrible about that? There needs to be a better reason for everthing about them.

bobandbill
May 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM

*Points to sig in a non-blatently-advertising-way, then realises that fic hasn't shown a method of the 'clsoing the heart' yet* - well, leastways I have some stuff on the sort...

One thing that those factor in the possibility of there being another Shadow Poke game is that Genius Sorinity is seemingly the company given the job of handling major Pokemon games on the Gamecube and the Wii (Colo, XD, and the non-RPG PBR). They may choose to continue with their own creation... but if they do, I for one would also like less plotholes and more explanations (although Colo did then lead to my fic due to having so many darn plot holes...). And more Miror B.

Saviour_Gundam
May 24th, 2008, 12:28 AM
The odds of them making another Shadow Pokemon game are almost as great as the odds of 5 women bursting into my room right now admitting they all love me and want me to themselves and constantly attempt to spoil me for they're attention, completely oblivious to the idea that I would never choose one or the other for the sake of me finally admitting my life is good...

Besides, I'd gamble on Shadow Rayquaza or Shadow Giratina

Feuer
May 24th, 2008, 02:46 AM
A Collosseum like game would be awesome but another shadow game, not good. I'm guessing there will be as Pokemon XD has a secondary title. Gale of Darkness. It might be that like Diamond and Pearl, they were going to make another game in 2004/05 but with the then Revolution, now Wii being released and the DS being so close to all nations at the time there will be a game but they decided to make PBR to test it out. If you can import some legendaries which are unavailable in-game, then the purifying would be worth it. Perhaps introduce Darkrai, Celebi and others that weren't available or cleanseable in XD.

smcybercool
June 9th, 2008, 12:11 AM
i think it shud give more training time in the woods wid a good plot and some legendary poke to get XD

Nopie
June 10th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I agree with much of what has been said so far, I definitely would like to see more wild pokemon, filled plot holes, some routes instead of instantaneous transport, implementation of HM moves (no Rock Smash or Flash), the DP battle system, one-on one battles, and more.

I can see the next one having the Regi trio and Regigigas as Shadow pokemon, and seeing some Sinnoh pokemon in Shadow form would be pretty cool too. Imagine Shadow Garchomp!! That would be wicked.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 04:08 AM
I agree with much of what has been said so far, I definitely would like to see more wild pokemon, filled plot holes, some routes instead of instantaneous transport, implementation of HM moves (no Rock Smash or Flash), the DP battle system, one-on one battles, and more.

I can see the next one having the Regi trio and Regigigas as Shadow pokemon, and seeing some Sinnoh pokemon in Shadow form would be pretty cool too. Imagine Shadow Garchomp!! That would be wicked.

I would like to see all of that as well. I wonder if they can make at least one shadow Pokemon shiny right after it gets out of its shadow form, but I doubt it

:t354:TG

Matt-O
June 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe they would make it a Shiny Shadow. That would be kind of cool. Can you think of anything that would look more intimidating thana Shiny Shadow Rayquaza? I still think that what a Shadow Pkmn game would need is a better reason for shadow Pkmn.

Darkrai Lv X
June 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
It should have a Shadow darkrai...Hey,wait a second!

They should bring back mirror B.,I like his hair!

dtrain24
June 26th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Y' know, I wonder what happened to all the old Cipher Admins in Colosseum, like Venus, Ein, and Dakim. I know Mirror B became independant, or something. Were they all like, fired?

Matt-O
July 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Am I the only one who finds Miror B irritating? His hair, Pkmn and music all annoy me.

balthamos
July 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
They COULD make it based around Arceus, it controlling all the pokemon to evil? I have no idea.. It would be a great idea for a new wii game.. cause..yeah. PBR wasn't exactly the best thing going :/

bobandbill
July 1st, 2008, 08:14 PM
Am I the only one who finds Miror B irritating? His hair, Pkmn and music all annoy me.

...Yes. I do question how you can find such a unique fun character irrating, but, meh, each to his/her own. But I still question it. ;)

They COULD make it based around Arceus, it controlling all the pokemon to evil? I have no idea.. It would be a great idea for a new wii game.. cause..yeah. PBR wasn't exactly the best thing going :/

Arceus most likely will not have a game based around it - it is an event Pokemon, that isn't even obtainable in any way short of hacking. Similar to Deoxys and the such, I don't see him playing any role.

Supreme Dirt
July 2nd, 2008, 05:56 AM
And Nintendo would give up cash cows of having different agames with one region each, by mixing them all together? Unlikely to happen, also if you consider memory space for it as well...

Here be my main qualm - why ddidn't Arceus appear eariler and stop it in the beginning of the game? Also, not sure if there would be a game based on him, but one never knows...

Arceus, according to one of the books you can read in Canalave City's library, is in a slumber, ever since creating the Pokemon world.
Thus, Arceus would need to be awoken.

Mephiles91
July 2nd, 2008, 07:12 AM
I think It's safe to say what we're all looking for is a Console Pokemon game. Not Colloseum or Gale of Darkness or PBR, but a normal 3D pokemon game on a console instead of a handheld.

Matt-O
July 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM

...Yes. I do question how you can find such a unique fun character irrating, but, meh, each to his/her own. But I still question it. ;)

His annoying ass song (the one from XD) gets stuck in my head and for the rest of the day I'm humming that stupid tune. Also, not only does he constantly dance to his music during the battle, so do his Pkmn.

Yoshimi
July 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Seeing as how PBR was so horrid because it didn't even have a story, i would expect the next shadow game to have shadow pokemon and some sinister pokemon as the main one, like giratina or darkrai...
i really enjoyed coliseum and XD, but they could have been better.
I kept my PBR for surf pikachu, then sold it because i really don't like games that don't have a story.
Its like they sucked all the minigames out of pokemon stadium(or was it snap?) and shipped it.
But lastly, i expect minigames or something to keep me busy in the new shadow game.

bobandbill
July 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
His annoying ass song (the one from XD) gets stuck in my head and for the rest of the day I'm humming that stupid tune. Also, not only does he constantly dance to his music during the battle, so do his Pkmn.
Hmm, I like both songs, but do prefer Colosseum's (salsa!). And what's wrong with dancing to the music - methinks it is entertaining. Ah well, again, matter of opinion, but from all that I have heard, you are the first that didn't like him. Guess nothing can please everyone. :)

Seeing as how PBR was so horrid because it didn't even have a story, i would expect the next shadow game to have shadow pokemon and some sinister pokemon as the main one, like giratina or darkrai...
i really enjoyed coliseum and XD, but they could have been better.
I kept my PBR for surf pikachu, then sold it because i really don't like games that don't have a story.
Its like they sucked all the minigames out of pokemon stadium(or was it snap?) and shipped it.
But lastly, i expect minigames or something to keep me busy in the new shadow game.
Well, PBR isn't an RPG at all, hence the lack of storyline. More another Stadium, bar minigames, and with WiFi.

Guillermo
July 18th, 2008, 11:07 PM
It would be great too see a new variety of pokemon such as ones from sinnoh like Dusknoir and Lucario. They should add a post-storyline to the game as well as the original " Quick a shadow pokemon lets snag it so we can purify it" It gets old. They should put a few more than 1 legendarys in the game. They should also keep the wild pokemon. I was happy that i could catch a wooper and trade for a larvitar with duking in XD. They should also unlike the previous Shadow Pokemon games allow you to make your character. Appeareance, types of clothes etc.