PDA

View Full Version : My story was deleted.

jb0000612
March 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
I had a story which I posted up here called: PMD2 Prologue, which was a one-shot story which was going to explain things in order to set up the real story, which I am going to write and post one month from now. But nobody posted on it, and when I checked my posts and previous pages, it became apparent that my story was deleted by the administrators.

I am really saddened by this. I thought others who liked my previous work would enjoy reading the prologue of the sequel of the popular story I wrote. I feel ignored and unappreciated by what happened.

Does anyone recall seeing my new prologue once, or do you know who deleted it? If so, I would like to know why it was removed.

TurtleKing
March 22nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Does anyone recall seeing my new prologue once, or do you know who deleted it? If so, I would like to know why it was removed.

I remember seeing it, but I don't know why it was deleted. However, I've never read it or any part of your fic. I guess they thought that the prologue should go with the story XD.

Alli
March 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Oh...I'm sorry that happened to you.

I haven't seen it...and I have no clue why it could be deleted. =/

Are you sure it wasn't moved? No, scratch that...I don't think it would've been moved. X.x

JX Valentine
March 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
When did you post it? We did have a massive data loss earlier this month that removed about four to five days' worth of posts completely from the servers. You can read about it here (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129397).

TurtleKing
March 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
When did you post it? We did have a massive data loss earlier this month that removed about four to five days' worth of posts completely from the servers. You can read about it here (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129397).

Yeah, that may be the case. A chapter from my fic got deleted. Luckily I saved it.

Scytheteen
March 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Like Jax said, it was probably because of the massive database error we experienced a week or two ago. All data was lost, and many stories and chapters were deleted, which was probably the case of your story.

Astinus
March 22nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Looking back through the pages, I checked up until the beginning of February for deleted fanfics (since I can see them). There's nothing from you or anything from iLike2EatPiez (she had the same problem with "Bonds") that was deleted. So I'm beginning to assume that your story was lost in the data recovery.

jb0000612
March 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
It's alright now. I reposted my story, so it's all good. Check it out in the Fanfiction section.

Astinus
March 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Closing this thread since it's really not needed now.

And holy simoly... xD I love how y'all said the same thing about the data recovery stuff. Oh man...