PDA

View Full Version : GoldenSun 1&2 chat

Jinona
October 18th, 2003, 06:56 PM
If you have never played this game you should it's like the best GBA game in the world.If you have played it or are getting stuck in a spot I can help you here trust me I've played the first one 8 times (yea it's that good) and the second one 3 times.

Chaskis Sato
October 18th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Saying one game is the best is very very bold.
Although Golden Sun 2 The Lost Age was a good game it was basically an extension to the first one.

You are allowed to voice your opinion, and I respect that. Do you think there will be a Golden Sun 3 and if so what will it be about?

Kyosuke
October 18th, 2003, 08:04 PM
I beat Golden Sun 1, Its truly an incredible game to play for fans of RPG's, I haven't played 2 yet but eventully I will.

Allstories
October 19th, 2003, 08:40 AM
SPOILERS

Okay, in TLA, I have the Lemurian ship, and I went to Champa and Alex introduced me to Karst and Agatio. Where do I go now?

Jinona
October 19th, 2003, 12:52 PM
SPOILERS

Okay, in TLA, I have the Lemurian ship, and I went to Champa and Alex introduced me to Karst and Agatio. Where do I go now?
Okay I'll kill two birds with one stone here
for Chaskis Sato I think they should make a third GoldenSun because<SPOILERS> at the end of the game dureing the credits it shows Alex climbeing to the top of Mount Aleph(sp?) and the Wise One, while the mountain starts to sink and after the Golden sun has risen, says that Alex didn't get the Golden Sun and that he has almost limit less power&life so he can still be defeated and he sticks him to the mountain top so that he is unable to move and hints that Alex might return so yea I think there should be a GoldenSun three.
and for Allstories you should have the ability to use sand go to the ruins to the north

John Denver
October 20th, 2003, 06:12 AM
if my DAMM Gba didn't break I would be playing golden sun....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOo it just had to break...

I'm surprised that IGN doesn't have anything on Golden Sun 3 yet..I mean, they had CODES for Golden Sun 2 that day Golden Sun 1 came out..hmm

BOO ya!

Jinona
October 20th, 2003, 03:28 PM
if my DAMM Gba didn't break I would be playing golden sun....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOo it just had to break...

I'm surprised that IGN doesn't have anything on Golden Sun 3 yet..I mean, they had CODES for Golden Sun 2 that day Golden Sun 1 came out..hmm

BOO ya!

darn thats too bad I hate it when both my GBAs break in some way or another
Whats IGN? and I was just thinking they should make a Golden Sun three I don't really know if they are or not. (:badsmile: they had better though)

Rift
October 20th, 2003, 03:32 PM
I only have The lost Age! and im at Champa right now and whats Sand anyway Jinona? and whats the importance of that book Gombamba gives ya?

Jinona
October 20th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Sand is pretty much what it says if you are standing in some sand any kind of sand it turnes you into sand and you can travel under it you get it in Gaia Rock after beating the Serpent it comes in handy in the Inkol(sp?) ruins and when you are geting up to beat Valukar a nasty high level monster gaurding the special sommons tablet for Daedalus. And the thing that the Gabomba statue gives you is called the Tomegathericon, try saying that three times fast :laugh:, which turnes you into a Dark Mage, kinda like the Mysterious card you find in the Kandorean Temple and the Trainers Whip you find in the Yampi Desert. I hope that answered all your questions Sapphire Latios. :)

(I'll also help with Djinni too)

Rift
October 20th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Yep! you answered my questions! i guess its off to Gaia rock!

John Denver
October 21st, 2003, 12:35 PM
Heh, I mean, they'd have to make a Golden Sun 3 cause your immovable from the town in the end of Golden Sun 2, just like in the first one...shizzah

BOO ya!

Kyosuke
October 21st, 2003, 12:44 PM
They stick in in a town you can't leave again in GoldenSun 2? Aw crap... ah well what are you gonna do XD.

Kairi
October 21st, 2003, 01:11 PM
You can make clear data as well can't you? So, they probably will.

Jinona
October 21st, 2003, 03:43 PM
You can make clear data as well can't you? So, they probably will. Yup all of you are right at the end <SPOILERS> after you light the fire lighthouse and defeat the Doom Dragon (crud he's hard :( ) whom I've only beaten once yea he is that hard, it takes you back to Prox, nice place considering that's were Saturos, Minardi, Agatio, and Karst are from. and you can only go one way to get out so yea you are pretty much stuck there unless you want to turn your gameboy off or proceed to the credits.

PokeMaster3000
October 22nd, 2003, 02:12 AM
Golden Sun 2 sounds cool...
does anyone know where I can download GS2's rom?

Jinona
October 22nd, 2003, 01:46 PM
Golden Sun 2 sounds cool...
does anyone know where I can download GS2's rom?
I don't but I've heard you shouldn't do it

Kyosuke
October 22nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
Nobody should download roms, but it seems noone cares to stop it.

I hear you can transfer items from the orginal, whats that about?

PokeMaster3000
October 23rd, 2003, 01:41 AM
someone told me that the item transfer lets you get the cool old items from GS1 to GS2!!! There's also a Diginni (sp?) transfer. You'll need it to get all the diginn.

does that help?

Jinona
October 23rd, 2003, 02:34 AM
someone told me that the item transfer lets you get the cool old items from GS1 to GS2!!! There's also a Diginni (sp?) transfer. You'll need it to get all the diginn.

does that help?
That's correct except it's not just an item transfer it's every thing transfer you get some really strong items from people that you normaly wouldn't get.but other than that every thing else you said is right. :)

Kairi
October 23rd, 2003, 06:05 AM
You also transfer if you did certain events or not, and that opens up stuff in Gold Sun:The Lost Age.

PokeMaster3000
October 23rd, 2003, 11:17 PM
something like R/S's record mixing... cool!!!

Allstories
October 24th, 2003, 11:22 AM
If in GS1 you returned to Vault later in the game and found out that the Bandits escaped they'll meet you in GS2 for a rematch. Same goes for whether or not you won Colloso. If you saved in Hsu in GS1 that one girl will show up in GS2. If you beat Deadbeard in GS1 something should happen. But I don't know what. I think it's very minor, though.

Jinona
October 24th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Well I didn't hear anything about the Deadbeard part but other than that I've heard of every thing else you mentioned Hsu I think gives you Oreligethicon(sp?)
and after you beat the bandits your supposed to get the gold shoes

PokeMaster3000
October 27th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Well I didn't hear anything about the Deadbeard part but other than that I've heard of every thing else you mentioned Hsu I think gives you Oreligethicon(sp?)
and after you beat the bandits your supposed to get the gold shoes

Don't know about the bandit but a li'l bit about the Deadbeard.

In the docks where you need to buy tickets for a ship to go to Tolbi, the ship's captain says that the other ship hasn't arrived. They can't leave. But then the captain has his lucky charm for the ship and they make it thru the Karagol Sea.

Now, the ship that didn't come was attacked by the monsters and the Deadbeard. he ship that takes Issac to Tolbi stops in Crossbone island if you do a specail cheat or something. I don't know anything more...
But the ship with Deadbeard is supposed to be the one he attacked....

o well, I've heard that all that are rumors......

@_@

October 27th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Don't know about the bandit but a li'l bit about the Deadbeard.

In the docks where you need to buy tickets for a ship to go to Tolbi, the ship's captain says that the other ship hasn't arrived. They can't leave. But then the captain has his lucky charm for the ship and they make it thru the Karagol Sea.

Now, the ship that didn't come was attacked by the monsters and the Deadbeard. he ship that takes Issac to Tolbi stops in Crossbone island if you do a specail cheat or something. I don't know anything more...
But the ship with Deadbeard is supposed to be the one he attacked....

o well, I've heard that all that are rumors......

@_@

Well if your talking about how to get to Crossbone Island, there is a special Tornado Lizard (The Tempest Lizard) in the Suhalla Dessert, that takes you to Crossbone Island if you go into its Tornado and dont use Douse, Deadbeard is at the bottom of the cave in the ship on the island.

Jinona
October 27th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Well if your talking about how to get to Crossbone Island, there is a special Tornado Lizard (The Tempest Lizard) in the Suhalla Dessert, that takes you to Crossbone Island if you go into its Tornado and dont use Douse, Deadbeard is at the bottom of the cave in the ship on the island.

Yep and man is it hard to get to Deadbeard the first time because you have to beat the monsters gaurding all nine doors to the rooms with all the special goodies inside and they are tough.

Kyosuke
October 27th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Deadbeard? I thought it was Blackbeard, or maybe it is, its been a while. I eventully beat him at level 32, and it was pretty tough.

October 28th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Yep and man is it hard to get to Deadbeard the first time because you have to beat the monsters gaurding all nine doors to the rooms with all the special goodies inside and they are tough.

I didnt really had trouble with beating the bosses at the doors, i thought that was easy, it was the puzzles i hated, im not the best at that.

Jinona
October 28th, 2003, 08:11 PM
I didnt really had trouble with beating the bosses at the doors, i thought that was easy, it was the puzzles i hated, im not the best at that.
well the first two times it was hard because Ivan was down and Mia was on the brink of being downed by poison and both of my healers Psynergy points were so low that I couldn't do even a basic cure spell, but every other time I had no probem.

VinegartheImposter
November 4th, 2003, 05:24 AM
The first time beating Deadbeard is tough, but after you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. And for beating the bosses at the doors, just bring out your strongest summons over and over. The djinni should recover while you do the next puzzle.

PokeMaster3000
November 4th, 2003, 08:12 AM
well, I used GSA to win all the puzzles. But at Deadbeard I had un-enabled the codes and man... was that battle the worst I ever had...

Chaskis Sato
November 4th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Deadbeard was one of the hardest bosses in the game but I managed to beat him.

I don't like to rely on my summons unless its a last resort, so I thought it out mixing djinn attacks with curative psyenergy and when I knew his HP was about half gone my Summons were ready to attack full force.

knives
November 5th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Deadbeard was one of the hardest bosses in the game but I managed to beat him.

I don't like to rely on my summons unless its a last resort, so I thought it out mixing djinn attacks with curative psyenergy and when I knew his HP was about half gone my Summons were ready to attack full force.

hey in gs2 how do you beat the serpant i weakend him with the light but......

http://dendesdbzrpg.topcities.com

Jinona
November 5th, 2003, 03:40 AM
hey in gs2 how do you beat the serpant i weakend him with the light but......

http://dendesdbzrpg.topcities.com
You know I really don't know how I beat that darn Serpent because all I did was completely heal everyone get as many healing items as possible put as few djinni as possible on standby and saved the game before I faught him and some how, after turning off and turning on the GBA about three times, I kicked his scaley but. The only problem is that guy you meet erlier dosn't tell you that the cloud brand (a good weapon) is behind the serpent untill after you have left which means you have to crawl all thE way back down there to get it.

Okay, did I put anyone to sleep with that exceedingly long explination?

Chaskis Sato
November 5th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Not really, although I am feeling a little tired...just kidding.

The Cloud Brand may already be obsolete if you decide to get it later in the game so get it after you beat the Serpent.

To beat him all you have to do is get all 3 or 4 spots to shine light on the dragon so he dose not heal himself every turn. He should be prety easy to beat if not try having one person that heals one person that attacks with weapon and or djinn and the other 2 cast Summons.

Watch how you set your djins though cause you don't want to have low HP either.

Jinona
November 5th, 2003, 03:47 PM
The Cloud Brand may already be obsolete if you decide to get it later in the game so get it after you beat the Serpent.

Watch how you set your djins though cause you don't want to have low HP either.
Yea that's what I did I came back to get it much later and it was worthless so I just sold it off for more money :)

:\ I thought more set Djinni ment more life and more Djinni ment less life.

just wondering but, for those of you who have gotten far enough into GS2, think that the Star Magician is the biggest pain-in-the-neck monster to ever walk the GBA screen? (next to Dullhan)

Chaskis Sato
November 6th, 2003, 01:34 PM
The Star Magician was an insanely powerful PRICK.

Sorry, those guardian things made me even madder cause they kept on comming back. Luck was on my side though, the third time I faced him I finally one.

Jinona
November 6th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Sorry, those guardian things made me even madder cause they kept on comming back. Luck was on my side though, the third time I faced him I finally one.

I faced him like 50 times befor I finaly beat the dumb thing those gaurdian things are the only problem cause the purple and red ones are the strongest ones and he always calles them back over and over. I once had him to were he had 4 count em' 4 purple ones you know the ones that cast shine plasma all the time.

Lokhlan
November 9th, 2003, 06:12 PM
I've played & beaten GS 1-2 & I also think they were both very fun games that any RGP loving GBA owner should have. Currently I am playing FFTA (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance). It was an awsome game when it 1st appeared on PS1 & it's now it's an even better game appearing on the GBA.

Chaeran
November 16th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Say, I'm gonna get either the first Golden Sun or the second...unfortunately I don't know which one. Will I be lost/confused or at a disadvantage if I receive the second one? Do I need to have finished the first beforehand?

punkie90
November 16th, 2003, 10:57 AM
i wuld get the first one! so u understand the story. the second one relates to the first one!

Jinona
November 16th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Say, I'm gonna get either the first Golden Sun or the second...unfortunately I don't know which one. Will I be lost/confused or at a disadvantage if I receive the second one? Do I need to have finished the first beforehand?

I'd have to reacommend you get the first one to start because the second one is pretty much the continuation of where they left off in the first.

Lokhlan
November 17th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Ditto

...No not the pokemon!

Jinona
November 22nd, 2003, 06:55 PM
I've got a question for those of you who have played the first GS.
Have any of you found out how you get the Kikuichimonji sword it's a really really super rare powerful item that a certain monster drops, or here's another question has anybody ever had it or heard of it?

Allstories
November 23rd, 2003, 08:24 AM
I've heard of it. There's a whole FAQ about it at GameFAQS that tells how to get it.

I need some help concerning GS2. I shined the four lights on the serpent but it still heals itself about 100 HP constantly. Is there another factor I missed?

Jinona
November 23rd, 2003, 01:57 PM
I need some help concerning GS2. I shined the four lights on the serpent but it still heals itself about 100 HP constantly. Is there another factor I missed?

Hmmm... I've never had thaat happen before have you gone back and fought it multiple times and had that happen cause when all four lights aren't shineing on it it regains 200HP not 100HP every turn

SPARTAN-117
December 5th, 2003, 09:54 AM
I've got a question for those of you who have played the first GS.
Have any of you found out how you get the Kikuichimonji sword it's a really really super rare powerful item that a certain monster drops, or here's another question has anybody ever had it or heard of it?

Yeah, a three monsters (I can't remember what they were cause it was a long time ago) drop it in that big room in the Venus Lighthouse where you jump accross water after stepping on the glowing blocks. In the upper left corner of the room theres solid ground and thats where I found the monsters that dropped it. Its a really kool weapon, the most powerful Ivan can hold but slightly weaker than the Gaia blade. It's special summons this samurai dude.

I)arkVegnaGun
May 22nd, 2004, 05:13 PM
Mannnn Golden Sun 2 sukkkked asss the first one was more fun plus i didnt know how to transfer my data into the 2nd one........ I hope that they make a multiplayer mode of Golden Sun 4 or something?? for Gamecube that would b sweet!!!