• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nope, I'm depending on this pokemon.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Have you ever had a particular pokemon that stood out above the rest?
And you depended on it to defeat E4, Gym Leader, Etc?
For most it's your starter, but have you ever had another pokemon that you depended on to defeat someone?

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
In Pearl, I started with Chimchar. Because it was weak against Psychic type Pokemon, I got a Misdreavus (who is now a Mismagius) and a Gastly (who is now a Gengar) to balance it out...Then I realized Ghost Pokemon are weak to Psychic also. :\
But I still beat the Elite 4 with only those 3 Pokemon! lol

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
Years
  • Age 38
  • NJ
  • Seen May 3, 2009
For me it's usually my starter only because unless you stop using it, it's most likely your strongest Pokemon and one would usually rely on power to help them through a tough fight.

In Pearl, I started with Chimchar. Because it was weak against Psychic type Pokemon, I got a Misdreavus (who is now a Mismagius) and a Gastly (who is now a Gengar) to balance it out...Then I realized Ghost Pokemon are weak to Psychic also. :\
But I still beat the Elite 4 with only those 3 Pokemon! lol

What are you talking about? Gengar is only weak to Psychic because he's part Poison, if a Ghost Pokemon doesn't have the Poison in there it's not weak to Psychic.

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
What are you talking about? Gengar is only weak to Psychic because he's part Poison, if a Ghost Pokemon doesn't have the Poison in there it's not weak to Psychic.

:|
Oh...Well, I've been under the wrong impression for a while. Poop :)
Lol, thanks for clearing that up, though!

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
My Vaporeon in LeafGreen with Ice Beam. He's fantastic. :D

Other than that, an Electric-type (Raichu), my starter (Charizard) and my wall (Clefable).

Years
No team really feels like a dream team to me without either a mew or an alakazam-I made a point of importing a mew from Pal Park as soon as I could.
I find them both so elegant, it's very hard to explain I must say.
I very rarely tend to have grass types anymore.
Does anymore make a point of starting with the grass starter?

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
I usually like to start Bulbasaur, but beyond that, not really. I started Turtwig on my second(current) playthrough of Diamond, and I guess Torterra is OK. I was pretty underwhelmed by all three starters in gen IV.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
My Garchomp and my Ducknoir are pretty reliable for me. Maybe that's becuz Garchomp is uber and my dusknoir has a DoubleTeam *hax*. hey the batle tower uses it so why not?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I depended on my Feraligatr, and Lugia, in Silver.
They both breezed right through the E4. ^^

Azonic

hello friends
Years
I equally train five Pokemon, the sixth one is an HM slave. XD

My competetive team, yeah, none of them stick out. :o

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
In pearl Luxray and Alakazam
In saphire Breloom
In gold my level 100 charizard from blue (hehehehehehehehe)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I always make sure my starter does, pidgeot or staraptor. I like the bird pokemon! :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
In Pearl, I remember always losing to the Elite Four until I raised my Lucario. Then I finally won, and that Lucario found its permanent space on my team. I depended on him in a tournament, and was glad that I did, since I won second place because of him. He's now my strongest Pokemon on Pearl, and has yet to let me down.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
The one that got me through the majority of the Elite Four was actually my Mismagius, Spite, who was the...third Pokémon I caught, as a Misdreavus. She has quite a balanced moveset. And, of course, my Empoleon, Blue (my starter) pretty much blattered everything else with Surf and Hydro Pump xD

Surprisingly, the Chatot I insisted on raising instead of the Starly I'd caught at the beginning was also pretty darn awesome against the Elite Four.

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
Years
My Golduck and Luxray Were the pokemon i depended on most during the game i ditched my starter before the fourth gym because i thought Piplup=Cute & Cool Empoleon= UGLY which i still think today.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
In Emerald I depended on my Saybleye for at least 3 of my gym battles... to bad my friend migrated him... D=

well, hopefully I won't need him in the e-4...

My Golduck and Luxray Were the pokemon i depended on most during the game i ditched my starter before the fourth gym because i thought Piplup=Cute & Cool Empoleon= UGLY which i still think today.

i can say the same thing, but with Mudkip and Swampert...

Michii

as in Mishy
Years
I used to depend on my Charizard way back when in the prehistory time. When I was into Diamond, I didn't rely on anyone in particular, but I gave my Lucario as much time as possible :33

Back