View Full Version : Hmm IV's??

April 12th, 2008, 7:20 AM
I know all about IV's and how you randomly get a number from 1 - 31 and all the basics.

But I was just wandering as how important they actulay are? I mean some people will breed for ages to get good IV's, whereas other people just say it's not my thing and don't bother.

What I would like to know is how much of a change do they actulay do make to a pokemons stats, and is it only a slight change or is it a really large?

April 12th, 2008, 7:42 AM
IVs have a larger effect than EVs do, actually. They play the biggest role in determining your stats. Its very, very large.

April 12th, 2008, 5:25 PM
ok, basically its like: when you have 24 on attack, then thats 7 less than the max (31) so youll get 7 points less attack in your general stat when your pokemon is at level 100. and so an IV of 3 will decrease your max stat by 28, etc, etc.

and dont be fooled: EVs make a way bigger difference. and they're more influential of course, so mainly focus on those. dont know why clade said it is the other way round (IVs make a max difference of 31 in one stat, EVs can make a difference of 70 points in one stat)