PDA

View Full Version : The Rpers Club!

kirby00
July 23rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
talkabout yuor favorite rps, maybe ideas/hints for future 1s u wanna make/suggest to others... Ill do my best to try and prevent ppl form stealing your ideas (trust me i have my ways) so feel free to post your ideas, your favorites, your least favorites, and maybe a few hints/suggestions for the beginners out there (dont be shy=) ). have fun and maybe even comments or complements on others rps who r members here, or say any improvements you may wanna suggest... have fun and be safe... jsut dont be mean ;)

Rose Flame
July 23rd, 2004, 01:48 PM
I never really understood the concept of Role Playing. What exactly do you do?

Mew13
July 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
You make a character and play them in whatever story is given!

Take for example my two current major RPs:

The Misadventures in Hogwarts:
My characters, Nat and Jade, are you're "typical" student at Hogwarts. They're a good girl type and the hero type (there's a list of types in the Pokemon Roleplay section) and I play her as if it was me at the school.

The Pokemon Academy:
The Pokemon Academy is a school for Pokemon Trainers. There, all the characters learn, make friends, and as of now, are fighting a disease outbreak!!

Well, I guess I've joined the club then, haven't I?

Oh! Here's a good starting topic! Role Playing Pet Peeves!!

My RP Pet Peeve is Power Playing and bad grammar! I can't stand people who Power Play (also known as God Modding) It's totally annoying!!

Rose Flame
July 23rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
OH. So it's kinda like an improvised play on-line?

Mew13
July 23rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah! But I warn you, never play another's characters! (My pet peeve, Power Playing) And it's always best to use as much detail as possible. A good RPer's posts are always more than two lines!

Rose Flame
July 23rd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Alright, I think I've got it now. But I suppose I can't really list any pet peeves since I've never Role Played before.

Skye
July 23rd, 2004, 05:08 PM
Role playing is a lot of fun. It's like a story-go-round, only each player can only play as their characters. Misadventures at Hogwarts has to be the best RP I have seen on these forums...if you want to see some good RPing in action, I daresay we've got some of the top RPers on that board. (Excluding me of course! :P)

It really is a lot of fun, since you get the perspectives of different people in the story. THere's stuff that one person comes up with, that the other may never have thought of. It's a neat way to start out a story or fanfic too...I am thinking about giving it a try myself.

Usually, everyone here is pretty lenient with beginners, so just make sure you make that clear when you start Rping, and you'll be fine, I'm sure! Hope you give it a try, Rose Flame, and I hope you enjoy it too!

Legendary_Pokegirl
July 23rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Role playing is a lot of fun. It's like a story-go-round, only each player can only play as their characters. Misadventures at Hogwarts has to be the best RP I have seen on these forums...if you want to see some good RPing in action, I daresay we've got some of the top RPers on that board. (Excluding me of course! :P)

It really is a lot of fun, since you get the perspectives of different people in the story. THere's stuff that one person comes up with, that the other may never have thought of. It's a neat way to start out a story or fanfic too...I am thinking about giving it a try myself.

Usually, everyone here is pretty lenient with beginners, so just make sure you make that clear when you start Rping, and you'll be fine, I'm sure! Hope you give it a try, Rose Flame, and I hope you enjoy it too!

Ya, you just have to include yourself there dont you. XD (Your right, you are pretty good at RPing ^^)

Like Mew13 and Skye, I really enjoy RPing in MaH. Its really action packed, and you really dont know whats going to happen next.

Skye
July 23rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Ya, you just have to include yourself there dont you. XD (Your right, you are pretty good at RPing ^^)

Like Mew13 and Skye, I really enjoy RPing in MaH. Its really action packed, and you really dont know whats going to happen next.

O_O I said "excluding me" Haha....I'm not that good at RPing...my posts can be pretty dull...:P

Toothache
July 23rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
I must say, I prefer RPing when you can get all your friends in the same RL room, and do it there. Or in a chat - that gets fun as well.

Yes, I've not RPed in PC, but I've done a lot of other sorts of RP, for well over 5 years, nearly 6 now that I think about it. D&D, White Wolf are the main two tabletop games I play. Having dice adds some level of control to the game, while still adding huge levels of fun :-)

Skye
July 23rd, 2004, 05:41 PM
I must say, I prefer RPing when you can get all your friends in the same RL room, and do it there. Or in a chat - that gets fun as well.

Yes, I've not RPed in PC, but I've done a lot of other sorts of RP, for well over 5 years, nearly 6 now that I think about it. D&D, White Wolf are the main two tabletop games I play. Having dice adds some level of control to the game, while still adding huge levels of fun :-)

I've always thought IRL RPGs were neat, like D&D...how does it work exactly though? I've never really understood it...

Castrainer
July 23rd, 2004, 05:55 PM
Even thought I like to Roleplay I never Roleplayed at PC. Normally, I like to RP in Weird/General RPS... I remember one RP I joined in the PokeStarAdvance Foruns (The forum died...) it was really cool cuz it was miscellaneus: My Protector God was a Potato XD I wish we had a RP like that in PC...

JoWood
July 23rd, 2004, 07:01 PM
*Joins*

The Pokemon Spy Agency:

Currently, recruiting agents. Our mission right now is to travel to Celadon to find the secret base member of the Junior Elite Coalition. I am running and parcipating in this roleplay.

I wanna join a real good roleplay and active. Anyone got any?

Mistral
July 23rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
join? may i?
it's tatally cool, i mean who DOESN'T like rps? there the best thing to hit the face of my imagination ^_^

Castrainer
July 23rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
RPs are really neat ^ ^
w00t! A Spy Agency RP!
*go take a look*
BTW Welcome to PC, Mistral! ^ ^

kirby00
July 23rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
good job every1 good posts also consider my rp Safe Points, as it it new and i tried to make it original and fun as possible... any questions about rps/ads are also allowed in here

Rose Flame
July 24th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks for all the advice Skye, Mew 13. I'll definitely have to try out Role Playing once I find one that interests me, though I don't know if I'll be any good at it ^_^.

kirby00
July 24th, 2004, 06:27 PM
im sure you will be Rose-flame every1 feels unsure, but its not so hard, and guessing by the date of month you joined, every1 will still assume your new and not hassel you too much w/o a warning... i got used to rping very quickly, the only thing that i didnt do properly was mechanics, but i figure thats not too much of a big deal anyways...

pokefan89
November 20th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Can I join,please? I really like rping and I just joined the site.

kirby00
November 24th, 2004, 08:03 PM
ya u can join! sorry for replying so late! anyways post what rps your in, what you like, any ?s about them, etc.! have fun here every1!

~Ozy~
November 24th, 2004, 08:12 PM
i didnt do properly was mechanics, but i figure thats not too much of a big deal anyways...

Mechanics not a bid deal? NOT A BIG DEAL?!?! *schreeches, falls over, and dies* Intelligibility in a role-play post is essential to good RPing. A good RPr has intelligent ideas, is creative, NEVER gives themselves too much power, has an interesting personality (and stays true to it), doesn't seem contrived, etc. etc. An excellent RPr expresses all these things in and interesting, eloquent, and fluent manner. My ranting, I'd like to join.

Currently involved in:
The new MaH
Once Upon a Crescent Moon
Ingraladia (I think that's the spelling)
The RPG Academy
MSG Seed: Betrayal

Flygon trainer
November 24th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Wow, a club that I'd join while still alive. *copies Adamants post, but stays dead*

kirby00
November 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
while you join dont be a smarty pants and make me feel bad. all u had 2 say is: maybe you could work on spelling, instead of hinting at me being a bad rper. if you want respect then give it out. yes you can join, but dont give yourself a bad impression about judging others. newyas to prevent flaming this is the topic and lets not get off topic:
I am currently in New Boarding skewl! and its cool! altho no more members can join due to the creators decision, I found it helpful to describe certain things I like about it which may help others be good at rping:
original, fun, limited and not easy to god-mode, doesnt get offtopic, etc. Also if ppl are in the same rp as u feel free to discuss w/ them back and forth in this club
1st club question: What makes an rp fun?

~Ozy~
November 24th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Hey man, I never impled that you were a bad RPr. Loosen up. I merely said that mechanics are important to good RPing.

As for what makes RPing fun...*rummages for list* Ah, here we go: First, it's an opportunity to let my darker sides run wild for a bit. Second, it requires you to think on your feet while maintaining a sense of realism. Third, you can explore the depths of your own soul without having to pay money to a psych. Fourth, there's a stisfaction you get when you know you've written a good character. Finally, when you finish an RP, a good one, one that you loved and cared for, one that you cherished, there's a sense of wholeness and perfection. The, the next day, you see the sequel and go "Alright, let's get started," crack your knuckles, and dive right in.

Flygon trainer
November 24th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Dang you Adamant, stop saying what i would say! *tries to think of something he hasn't said* well, it lets your mood control you as well. example, you're upset, your charecter goes bezerk, you're sad, your charecter gets emotionally hurt, and everybody knows it too.

~Ozy~
November 24th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Well then stop thinking like I would! :P Or reply before I do.

Flygon trainer
November 24th, 2004, 08:55 PM
...... Anyway.. so, what's your favorite weapon in RPs? giant monsters are mine.

~Ozy~
November 24th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Either magic or plain ol'-fashioned swords. Preferably scimitars or katanas. Although I'm not advers to the occasional claymore.

Flygon trainer
November 24th, 2004, 09:03 PM
What's a claymore?

The reason i like giant monsters is becuase i use what I now call 'deathtraps' but they are hardly ever used agisnt somebody else. My charecter gets attacked by animals all the time.

~Ozy~
November 24th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Alright, take a broadsword and big-ify it. The blad tends to be about four feet long, the handle is abour two. Typical weight around 30 pounds. The pommel is often used for the first strike as a mace. Grip is one hand towards the middle of the handle, the other slightly on the blade in an unsharpened portion.

Flygon trainer
November 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Okay. I can't decide what i like more. Nightshades or giant serpents.

~Ozy~
November 24th, 2004, 09:15 PM
When I get into using creatures, I tend to prefer either nymphs, imps, or Tanar'ri (remember my old avatar? One of those).

kirby00
November 25th, 2004, 12:07 PM
so what kind of rps are u currently in?

pokefan89
November 27th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I'm in a couple RPs on the site, "Journey Tourney" and "Major of a City". I also have three forums on proboards that I use for RPs.

~Ozy~
November 27th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Mainly fantasy-based ones. Fantasy pwns you all.

Claire
November 29th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Sorry guys, but i was just looking thru the thread, and its been revived from an old club.
Please create a new club if you wish to continue rp discussion ^^

*locks*