PDA

View Full Version : 5th Generation Pokémon revealed in CoroCoro!

Swampert 22
April 16th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Yes, you read correctly, whilst surfing some foreign language Pokémon sites this morning, I came across this:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm146/swampert22/corocoro-nuevopokemon.jpg

It's a scan from CoroCoro magazine, advertising the 11th Pokémon movie, and if you look at the top right hand corner, you will see something unfamiliar.

It agrees with speculation brought by a merchendising image seen with question marks saying 'new pokemon a'.

So what do you think?

Mitchman
April 16th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Yes we know. I cant to see the rest of the new pokemon. If there all goin to be like that nintendo completely lost its touch.

Alli
April 16th, 2008, 06:16 AM
So what do you think?

For one thing, we just got the fourth generation about a year ago. We don't need the fifth generation right now.

Two, that is a sad excuse for a 'Pokemon'. If Nintendo resorts to that, I know they've lost they're mad skills.

Here's how it goes:
First Generation: Oh! Something different! These guys are so awesome! -huggle-
Second Generation: Wow! More! These guys are great, too!! -huggle-
Third Generation: Some of these are cool, but -picks up a Huntail- ewww. Some are...-picks up Feebas- funky.
Fourth Generation: -picks up Bidoof, Grotle, Prinplup, Lopunny, Probopass, Mamoswine, etc.- What the fudge.

Mitchman
April 16th, 2008, 06:17 AM
That is wht I said nintendo lost their touch and skills

EmpoleMew
April 16th, 2008, 06:41 AM
If that thing in the corner near Shaymin is supposed to be a Pokemon, it sure is unoriginal. It looks like something out of Maple Story. But if this truly signals a 5th Generation, I'm prepared to riot.

Mitchman
April 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Oh yea lets not forget that it looks to animeish

Alli
April 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
If that thing in the corner near Shaymin is supposed to be a Pokemon, it sure is unoriginal. It looks like something out of Maple Story. But if this truly signals a 5th Generation, I'm prepared to riot.

Or go spazz-o. O_o That thing is just uuuuggglllyy. -stabs it- Evil!!

Binary
April 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
What kind of pokemon is that? Anyways, hope they're going to show more better works than that.
Can't wait to see the rest.

Mitchman
April 16th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Rasberry already ruined our fun. Its a character from duel monsters.

222notforu
April 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
maybe its a plant pokemon!like its bonsly's little brother!lol jk

Storm-DC
April 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
probably the new oddish, hoppip, etc

Azonic
April 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
The Shaymin in CoroCoro didn't look like the one seen in anime, so lets hope the new guy looks better in anime. :x

Am I the only one that kind of likes it? I think its nice to have a straw hat looking Pokemon. XD
Wait... I think its a mushroom. 0_o

Idiot!
April 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM
As far as I know, CoroCoro uses only official pictures. Judging from the fact that Satoshi, Shaymin and Giratina do not appear as Sugimori artwork, I say the "new Pokémon" is not a Pokémon.

CrystalFlow
April 18th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Pokebeach.com has confirmed that is NOT a new Pokemon its from duel masters or something

Tré
April 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
well..those are new pokemons...this will be exciting..new pokemons and new stories....

DiggorysGremlin
April 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM
If it does appear in the movie, I'm hoping it's a statue. Or a tree carving. Or anything but a Pokemon!

Vyro
April 19th, 2008, 04:53 AM
thet thing looks like a chinese snowver...

rusticolus
April 19th, 2008, 07:27 AM
What's the thing in the bottom right corner? That's what's more worrisome to me… it looks like a sort of golden Grotle type thing.

I wouldn't think the straw-hat thing is a pokemon, if I didn't see that thing in the bottom right.
Actually, scratch that, I still don't think they're pokemon. But I'm worried though.

ShadowTails
April 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0408/duel-masters-benkei.jpg
New Pokemon? right... I think this topic is overdue for closure.

snowy22
April 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
pokebeach said that their is a hIGh chance that their is going to be a 5th gen pokemon but it may not be that one lets hope it is a 5th gen pkeomneon that one or not

XaRhS
April 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
that creatures shown in the picture are japanese crap!look at the grass pokemon......is this ordinary according to existing pokemon?keep in mind that as time goes by, pokemon will be reflecting more
unusual to people.....

Ageless Irony
April 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
*Falls off chair*
WHAT IS THAT!?
Looks like a japanese gummyworm with a crazy hat.
It's....scary...
*Hides from it*

I really hope that's just some crazy oracle or something...If that's a pokemon, then...Well...I don't even know :/

Gold n' Red
April 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
What's the thing in the bottom right corner? That's what's more worrisome to me… it looks like a sort of golden Grotle type thing.

I wouldn't think the straw-hat thing is a pokemon, if I didn't see that thing in the bottom right.
Actually, scratch that, I still don't think they're pokemon. But I'm worried though.

All that is is Giritina go to bulbapedia or something and search for it on the pokedex.

Ageless Irony
April 20th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ooo!

I just read up on Bulbapedia that the third Generation IV game would be revealed next month. Also, there have been two new pokemon made avaliable for Merchandise, though they don't have names as of yet, they are simply known as the mystery pokemon, "Pokemon A" and "Pokemon B"

What this could mean is that the thing you see in that picture, could be a new legendary Pokemon to the third game, much like Deoxys was added into Emerald. Or it could just be a regular Pokemon, but I have a good feeling it'll be in the third game.

So it seems that there'll be two new Generation V Pokemon in the movie, and possibly the third Generation IV game.
One of which is probably the scary thing seen on CoroCoro

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
legendary graass pokemon?this doesn't sound cool at all......

GunSaberSeraph
April 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
i hope it's not another Gen.IV legendary for two reasons

1. it looks terrible
2. there have been like, what, 25 legends in Diamond and Pearl already?!

Ageless Irony
April 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Wait...
...It's Duel Masters, isn't it?

GunSaberSeraph
April 20th, 2008, 08:34 PM
oh, thank god.... that thing looks so stupid... luckily for us that's not pokemon...
maybe Nintendo will make more practical and intresting pokemon in the 5th gen...

Who am i kidding? make way for the Pidgey and Rattata knockoffs....

XaRhS
April 21st, 2008, 12:42 AM
wow!now i feel relieved.....thank god that these creatures were no pokemon.although,they ere so ridiculous for duel maters but this is not the point

thank god that these creatures were not pokemon although, they are really ridiculous for duel masters too but this is not the point

Storm-DC
April 21st, 2008, 02:59 AM
i hope it's not another Gen.IV legendary for two reasons

1. it looks terrible
2. there have been like, what, 25 legends in Diamond and Pearl already?!

well, there cant be a new pokemon in diamond and pearl, since their data is not on the cardridge. and if you dont like all those legendaries, why do you have most of them in your sig ;)?

GunSaberSeraph
April 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM
it's not that i don't like the D/P legendaries, it's just that they packed too many into one game is all....

World King
April 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
New Pokemon? right... I think this topic is overdue for closure.
Hmm... At least we saved ourselves from the scary ***shudders to say this*** 5th. gen. Pokéeeeemon!

WaluigiRedclaw91
April 22nd, 2008, 05:00 AM
Ha, this is really way too soon for a fifth gen pokemon to be revealed. I never thought it was a pokemon cause it looks human. People these days! lol

Toblerone
April 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Even though it isnt a new pokémon (thank god!) i think they've slipped of the rails a bit. 4th gen pokes are too... "futuristic" for my liking.

MilesVulpixPrower
April 22nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Why does it look like a old man dressed up for a party or maybe snover on drugs lok on its side its got hair or maybe its a Baby snover?

PokeMaster1
April 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with you guys. Thank god that ugly demented panda or whatever its is isn't a new pokemon.

XaRhS
April 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
maybe we were kind of rushy here.first we must get used to the old pokemon(1st,2nd,3rd,4thgen)and then go to the others(if they are going to make some......)

Ryden
April 25th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Not that I follow the series anymore, but didn't Ash just get his second Shinnoh badge? Sure, the movies have always gave of glimpses of whats to come, just to keep are attentions toward the future of pokemon, but don't get too excited yet. We're still a couple years off from the official releasing of the 5th gen, basing off past patterns. Ash first need to beat the league he is in and the need to realize the third pkmn game for this generation that has some improvement and features Diamond and Pearl did not.

simplynaruto
April 25th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Well ryden sur easy just got it but I think he also has his 3rd. And Coro-coro revealed that info for the 3rd D/P is most probably coming tlate this year. if not 3rd D/P then the g/s remake. But since it only shows one game it is probablt the 3rd D/P nd then the remake. I think itsbtter like that because the remakewould be more compatible with the 3 games. So a 5th generations not tooooo off seeing as its 2 years i japan that 4th generationexisted.

Cid
April 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Maybe it's not yet official, since it COULD be a prototype... Somewhat like this prototype of Girafarig:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/7f/Alpha_kirinriki.png

ShadowTails
April 26th, 2008, 08:04 AM
That Shaymin thing is just what it is... Shaymin and that other thing is a thing from Duel Matsters...

Gen 5 is inevitable, but I hope they don't have so many lame Pokemon.

On another note, why doesn't the OP change their post to make it so it isn't the fake Pokemon image that is the Duel Masters thing.

J-Rad
April 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM
well..those are new pokemons...this will be exciting..new pokemons and new stories....

No it will be the OPPISITE. If a new gen came with even more new pokemon the whole thing will become more messed up. They already overdid it to the extreme no need to make it worse..

Espreon
April 26th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Gen 5 is inevitable, but I hope they don't have so many lame Pokemon.

Luckily we are 2-4 years before the potential suffering...

Moonlit Umbreon
April 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
-> Rasberry, maybe you should look at the bottom of the magazine, what you think supposedly is a 5th generation Pokemon is on a Dual Masters card. D: Although if it were a Pokemon (which it's obviously not o_o) I reckon it'd evolve from Nocturn.

Toastypk
April 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Another board I went to where I posted this image, they were wondering if it was going to be an evo of Farfetch'd or something. (This was before I posted again saying it was just a misconception)

While I wouldn't mind seeing him have an evo (and a good looking one at that), that Duel Masters thing definately was a stretch.

Duke R
April 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'ts in time. The other Gens started w/ this frequency...

*Sorry for interrupting, toastypk.

unknown_to_you
November 19th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Back in the late 90's Nintendo revealed that Missing NO. from pokemon red/blue was a secret pokemon they installed in the game as a secret not a glitch. They later revealed missing No. was #000 but didn't have it's place in the Pokedex because it's never actually been seen. Nintendo also stated that Japan didn't plan on releasing the true identity until the last episode (not movie) of pokemon along with information about Ash's dad where Ash finds out his dad never returned because he found Missing No. and became lost with it. Later when ruby and sapphire came out they released information that deoxys was considered the 3rd generation but was originally supposed to be apart of a space generation (6th generation), but decided to release Deoxys to match with red/blues version of mew/mewtwo (jirachi/deoxys).

Stormer07
November 19th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Man that excuse for a Pokemon is wierd- I really dont like it at all :(

Oh its not a Pokemon! WOOO XD

ErickaVolt
November 20th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Wait...
...It's Duel Masters, isn't it?

WHAT THE HECK? This isn't Pokemon. I think 5th Gen Pokemon hasn't revealed yet.

Late
November 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I didn't like 4th generation (4th generation pokemons don't look like pokemon...) So I wonder how bad the 5th generation could be... I like 1st and 2nd generation and 3rd is good too, but I don't like pokemon R\S\E so much. (I have tested 4th generation games too and I don't understand the map...) So I don't even know do I wanna see 5th generation. I hope 5th generation is better than 4th.:) PS. sorry for my bad english, I'm from Finland... (Is it bad?)

Aegis
November 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
How in the world did you guys even find this thread, it hasn't been posted in for over six months x_x That's well beyond the one month limit of reviving a thread.

-Closed-