View Full Version : Do you like Pokemon Channel?

April 19th, 2008, 2:39 AM
Do you? i do but i gotta admit it was overshadowed by Colosseum though.

April 19th, 2008, 2:43 AM
what is pokemon channel and why it was overswadowed by colosseum?

April 19th, 2008, 3:00 AM
I liked it, but if you could get jirachi from the u.s. diskl, i would love it

April 19th, 2008, 3:14 AM
I liked it, but if you could get jirachi from the u.s. diskl, i would love it
I am happy the US didnt get anything from it. YOU HAVE ENOUGH EXCLUSIVES.

April 19th, 2008, 3:17 AM
you could get celebi from one disk too but i would prefer jirachi as ''luckystarislucky''

April 19th, 2008, 3:41 AM
Ok If You Preordered It You Get A Bonus Disk with Celebi On For The Whole World If You Didn't Then You Only Get Jirachi But Not In The Us Its True U.S Do Get To Many Exclusives And I Live In U.K And Preordered It Just For The Minigame "Smoochum's Workout" LOL!

April 19th, 2008, 3:53 AM
I paid about $25 in renting it just for jirachi :P

April 19th, 2008, 3:56 AM
Ok Just Went On A Game Renting Site Because I sold My Channel To Get Jirachi On GBA For A Quick Second And Also Celebi Now i lost the games and got emerald and now to get it!

April 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM
I found the game decent. It's not a great game but not a bad game.

April 29th, 2008, 5:43 PM
ive always wanted to try it, but if i go near i always pull back because of bad things ive heard about the game

April 30th, 2008, 2:04 PM
I didn't really like it. I won it through a contest Nintendo held with a Pokémon site run by my friend (I still wonder if she rigged it for me. Who knows. XD) and I would've been rather annoyed if I'd paid full price for the game.

It was okay--and as a Pichu fan, I adored all the Pichu Bros. shorts, but overall the game was uninspiring and boring. :\ I liked the shopping channel and that was about it. There's no replay value, it's not interactive like Hey You Pikachu was and it's just... I dunno. It's not very good.

May 8th, 2008, 5:55 AM
The only reason that I still own Pokemon Channel is to get Jirachi. Otherwise, it mostly sits alongside my other games gathering dust. ^_^

May 8th, 2008, 5:59 AM
I haven't played it... Anyway, some people say that it gets more and more boring while you play more and more... That's actually why I haven't played it yet...

The Beast
May 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah the same here, I've never played poke'mon channel but I heard it gets boring after awhile.

May 8th, 2008, 10:26 AM
i have never played it so i don't really no if it is good.

Jude Mathis
May 8th, 2008, 2:38 PM
Ah yes, Pokemon Channel.. pretty much the only Pokemon game that I've never played.
Back when it was first released it looked amusing enough to me.. but then I heard some bad things about it, and noticed that it looked pretty boring. For awhile I thought it was interactive, so I was all "Well that could be cool!" ...but it wasn't.

& After that I never got around to renting, buying it, borrowing it from a friend. Nothing.

I do admit though, I'm still curious as to what its like..

May 17th, 2008, 3:03 PM
Well yes and no.

Yes: It was fun going around getting nice cards, watching the TV show and getting the great reward of Jirachi :D

No: Why Pikachu? You should of had a choice of all the starters and the game should of been more longer. I can honestly say I only got the game for Jirachi.

May 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I found a game that lets you play online with others and battle for pokemon its free too its good but addictive!

May 20th, 2008, 10:06 AM
It was a decent game actually o.o I only got it to get Jirachi although, I enjoyed the Pichu Bros. skits. Hearing about it makes me want to play it on my wii o.o

May 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
i liked it a lot, great idea

May 27th, 2008, 9:35 PM
I haven't played it... Anyway, some people say that it gets more and more boring while you play more and more... That's actually why I haven't played it yet...

Lucky one, as i have wasted my money and time on it. :(

May 27th, 2008, 9:56 PM
Uhm, nah never actually played it. I kinda want to now. ^^

May 31st, 2008, 4:46 PM
Actually I changed my mind.

I dislike it because basically you meet some Pikachu who unwillingly makes you watch shows like 'Smeargles (watch the pictures you drew for no apparent reason) Art Gallery' and 'Smoochums Quiz which makes no sense.' The ending? You have to watch all the channels (Most boring like the Mareep one :(.) The only good reason to buy it is because of the Jirachi but now you can just get one of GTS :\ So yeah, in my opinion it was the worst pokemon game.

May 31st, 2008, 5:31 PM
I somewhat enjoyed playing it. For me, it was a little bit too childish. I felt kinda embarrassed for playing it, lol. Some of its features were rather interesting though.

May 31st, 2008, 6:53 PM
Do you? i do but i gotta admit it was overshadowed by Colosseum though.

Maybe because Channel was basically a spin-off game, with not all that much substance, while Colosseum was an actual RPG with a storyline, battling and all... I don't think Channel was ever intended to outsell Colosseum, which it didn't. If it had,then they would have had done a pretty bad job with Colosseum,and would have lost sales...

June 6th, 2008, 2:13 PM
I would say it's good and bad since it is interesting and the Pichu Bros. short is good, but once you got all channels, dolls, and nice cards it gets very boring.

June 6th, 2008, 2:18 PM
Where's Oni Raichu when you need him?

No, I serevly dislike it. All you do is watch tv. And to make it worse...you watch it with Pikachu. D:

June 6th, 2008, 5:13 PM
Eh, it was Ok now, that I think about. It DID get very boring just watching T.V and waiting for special items to pop up, but it was kinda fun, like with Pikachu mannerisms.(i.e it sleeping in the cupboard under a shelf.) Don't forget, it was geared toward little children, so cut it some slack.

June 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I like it. I havn't finished getting all the cards, though. I was a bit disappointed that Jirachi could only be obtained from the Pal version...

June 8th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I dont like it.
It is pointless.
You can tell that they are milking money from you.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 3:40 AM
I think its okay but I hope they do make it for the Wii

June 15th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I don't expect it spent too long in production.

I bought it from the bargain bin at GameStation...just for Jirachi. It was a novelty for the first few hours, then it just got boring. My best friend's 12-year-old sister found it far more enjoyable than I did xD

Pikachu was kind of cute though =<

June 16th, 2008, 1:58 AM
I liked it for the Pichu anime (Mostly the japanese vesion) and getting Jirachi. I didn't like only being able to watch it with Pikachu (It would be miles better if you had a choice of other Pokemon), the other random channels that come with it (that are practically unwatchable) and hearing the pokemon cries when Pika's "talking" to the other 'Mon (I've gotten used to the Gameboy cries).

June 16th, 2008, 8:18 AM
....Ugh, I hated that game. It was way to short....And due to the fact that I didn't have an E-Reader, I could not do much of anything.

June 16th, 2008, 9:12 PM
it was pretty good but it is more as a game that u could use to pass time

June 21st, 2008, 5:51 AM
I liked, mainly because for us in the U.K it meant legit Jirachi. :D

June 21st, 2008, 6:00 AM
The game was slightly fun but it lacks a good after-game.

June 21st, 2008, 7:58 AM
the game waz kind of annoying with the stupid pikachu, but it waz ok overall, kinda of fun

June 21st, 2008, 10:38 AM
it was ok... but what pissed me off was that i expected jiratchi... and there wasnt one from the american version...

but i can still get jiratchis from the pokemon colosium pre-order

other than that it was a game that got boring at times but still sort of fun

June 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM
For me, it was entertaining for about 10 minutes at a time ... and then not at all the next week. I do remember enjoying Hey You! Pikachu, however.

July 2nd, 2008, 5:09 PM
I liked it at the begning of the game, but then it got boring. Luckly, I bought mine used and it was only ten dollars. I liked a bit of it though.

Led Zeppelin Pwn
July 3rd, 2008, 5:39 AM
It was ok, I beat it in two days,
I only rented it though,
I only rented for Jirachi :P

July 5th, 2008, 1:51 AM
Man, I do not even know what the pokemon channel is. Is it something outside of the United States?

July 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Man, I do not even know what the pokemon channel is. Is it something outside of the United States?Pokémon Channel was released in the United States. However releases outside of the United States had other features that were not available in the United States.

July 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I played it for ages when I first got it, but it does get pretty boring.
It's amusing for a few minutes now, but I'd rather play something else. Also, it's really easy to complete, which is another reason why it gets boring.

It wasn't too bad though.

July 8th, 2008, 1:08 AM
For me, it was entertaining for about 10 .

I agree with you 100% lmao, I first turned it on and thougth to myself " This might not be that bad of a game" but after ten minutes, I turned it off and went back to playing D/P. =D