PDA

View Full Version : smeargle is horrible!!!

XaRhS
April 19th, 2008, 09:39 AM
i guess you can't make a smeargle good....because i just released it from my game and i think i did the right thing

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Big mistake.

Smeargle has the largest amount of attacks it can learn out of all Pokemon.

If you would've taken the time to use Sketch, you would've firgured that out. That 'horrible' Pokemon doesn't have the best stats, grant, but with a little EV training, it's killer.

Do respect that some people are big fans of the Pokemon. -pokes username- I felt attacked when I read the thread title.

Edit: Making a Smeargle good:

Sketch a Spore
Skecth a Sheer Cold
Skecth a Mind Reader
Sketch a Mean Look

Smeragle for the win.

XaRhS
April 19th, 2008, 09:48 AM
i'm really sorry....well smeargle might have chances against pokemon.
see,if you sketch a ''ohko'' move, smeargle would be really a killer
have you tried that?

wanna be a friend?

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
i'm really sorry....well smeargle might have chances against pokemon.
see,if you sketch a ''ohko'' move, smeargle would be really a killer
have you tried that?

That's okay. People attack my favorites a lot.

Not yet. I only have these Smeargles:
Smeage(GSC)- Shadow Ball
Artist(E)- Iron Tail, Double Slap, Tri Attack, Tail Whip
Smeargle(Colosseum)- Shadow Rush
Splat(Pearl)- Dragon Pulse

I'll be working on the above moveset, though. Someone had posted it on here, that where I got the idea.

wanna be a friend?

I don't really know you too well yet.

GunSaberSeraph
April 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Making a Smeargle good:

Sketch a Spore
Skecth a Sheer Cold
Skecth a Mind Reader
Sketch a Mean Look

Smeragle for the win.

Pwned and Owned. Case Closed.

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Pwned and Owned. Case Closed.

xD Thank you.

Also, it's easier to get those type moves in double battles and Sketching of Smeargle's ally. If you fall asleep from Spore, of course you can't Sketch it. If you die from Sheer Cold, again, that's difficult to Sketch when you're fainted and have been recalled to a Pokeball.

Moon lucario
April 19th, 2008, 11:24 AM
gotta question bout all this. sketch only has one PP and u cant raise it and once u use sketch u cant use it again well how do u get smearlge to learn all those moves?

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
gotta question bout all this. sketch only has one PP and u cant raise it and once u use sketch u cant use it again well how do u get smearlge to learn all those moves?

The Smeargle Level-Up Moveset:

Level 1- Sketch
Level 11- Sketch
Level 21- Sketch
Level 31- Sketch
Level 41- Sketch
Level 51- Sketch
Level 61- Sketch
Level 71- Sketch
Level 81- Sketch
Level 91- Sketch

Once you Sketch it, it's yours...unless you want to delete it to Sketch something else.

Moon lucario
April 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM

Level 1- Sketch
Level 11- Sketch
Level 21- Sketch
Level 31- Sketch
Level 41- Sketch
Level 51- Sketch
Level 61- Sketch
Level 71- Sketch
Level 81- Sketch
Level 91- Sketch

Once you Sketch it, it's yours...unless you want to delete it to Sketch something else.

so basicle smeargle is the best pokemon then?

XaRhS
April 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
wowyeah!''silversmearglesplatter'' was right.the problem is that you can't perform it quickly cuz smeargle's speed is really low.except you help with a hold item....

El Gofre
April 19th, 2008, 02:04 PM
SMeargle is pretty meh tbh. It can learn literally anything, granted you may need to hack so it can learn shiz like dark void but the theory's there. This gives it a great element of suprise, as it is almost impossible to predict- there is no "standard" smeargleafter all. However its stats let it down, meaning it ends up mostly a supposrt pokemon/Passer.

ErickaVolt
April 19th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Anyways. How do you work the sketch?!

Azonic
April 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Sketch is used after another Pokemon uses an attack. When you use Sketch, the move that the opponent used will replace Sketch.

So if Aipom uses Tackle on Smeargle, and Smeargle uses Sketch, Smeargle learns Tackle permanently and forgets Sketch.

Aipom used Tackle!
Smeargle lost 10% of health.
Smeargle used Sketch!
Smeargle learned Tackle!

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM
so basicle smeargle is the best pokemon then?

Well, it's stats are no bragging right, so not really. >.<

wowyeah!''silversmearglesplatter'' was right.the problem is that you can't perform it quickly cuz smeargle's speed is really low.except you help with a hold item....

Actually, its speed is typically its highest stat.

Anyways. How do you work the sketch?!

Send Smeargle into battle.
Click 'fight'
Click 'Sketch'

Voila.

ErickaVolt
April 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
w0w. I never thought sketch was that powerful. Raising the Sketch's PP using PPup would be useful!

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM
w0w. I never thought sketch was that powerful. Raising the Sketch's PP using PPup would be useful!

You can't.

Level 1- Sketch
Level 11- Sketch
Level 21- Sketch
Level 31- Sketch
Level 41- Sketch
Level 51- Sketch
Level 61- Sketch
Level 71- Sketch
Level 81- Sketch
Level 91- Sketch

You'll learn it again. O_o And if you get it to level one hundred and hate its moveset, grab a heart scale and head to the move tutor.

GunSaberSeraph
April 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
If you EV train it's Defense and Special Defense, Smeargle can be a powerful sweeper according to Splatty's moveset:

Typhlosion uses Flame wheel
Smeargle Uses Mean Look
Typhlosion uses Slash
Smeargle Uses Spore
Typhlosin is sleeping and can't be switched out
Smeargle uses Mind Reader
ZZZ
Smeargle uses Sheer Cold
Typhlosion fainted out of One-Hit K.O.

there are some holes to this, but i only recommed using this as a last-ditch strategy.

Alli B Real
April 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
there are some holes to this, but i only recommed using this as a last-ditch strategy.

True that. A fighting type would have no problem taking out Smeargle.

But, Smeargle > lots of stuff.

GunSaberSeraph
April 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
wow... this thread is reallyt intresting... we should turn a seemingly useless pokemon into a deadly juggernaut more often

Star★Seeker
April 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Big mistake.

If you would've taken the time to use Sketch, you would've firgured that out. That 'horrible' Pokemon doesn't have the best stats, grant, but with a little EV training, it's killer.

Do respect that some people are big fans of the Pokemon. -pokes username- I felt attacked when I read the thread title.

Sketch a Spore
Skecth a Sheer Cold
Skecth a Mind Reader
Sketch a Mean Look

Smeragle for the win.I knew you'd be all over this thread and its poster's face when I saw title.But you're right, Smeargle works with some EV Training, and great for egg move breeding.That is one killer set, BTW.

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
did i said that the said moveset from ''sss'' was placed in orre colosseum and was really trapping?well,it really is!

April 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I love Smeargle, and even though it has awesome attacks to learn, a fighting type like Infernape takes it out :(

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 11:43 AM
maybe sketching psychic could be really helpful.....
if you can,you just sketch moves that cover its weaknesses.....
sketch a crunch for ghost types and.......make a wish

legendtaker
April 20th, 2008, 12:12 PM
geeze, after looking at this thread im going out to get a smeargle.

Scarlet Weather
April 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Long live Smeargle! *shot'ed*

Seriously, even if Smeargle was no good competitively it still makes my books as one of the more interesting Pokemon. The ability to sketch the opponent's last attack and copy it? Creative, interesting, fun. I have a team of all Smeargle in Emerald (no lie, but I don't battle with them and I think I may have restarted the cartridge out of boredom since then) that I beat the Elite Four with (at Lv 100 for all. XD) It was annoying trying to get the moveset, but it was hilarious. And I remember they were all named after famous artists (I think one was Albrecht Durer). Funny, fun, fun. *smiles evilly*

Alli B Real
April 20th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I knew you'd be all over this thread and its poster's face when I saw title.But you're right, Smeargle works with some EV Training, and great for egg move breeding.That is one killer set, BTW.

I didn't make the set, though.

Another similar set:
Dark Void
Horn Drill
Lock-On
Block

Long live Smeargle! *shot'ed*

-revives you-

You shant be shot for loving the Smeargle.

geeze, after looking at this thread im going out to get a smeargle.

Do it.

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
so with a little ev training smeargle is superior......i can't wait to see another moveset.....
make suggestions guys......

El Gofre
April 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
With smeargle's stats it makes sweeping impossible and setting up just as difficult. The best set I've found is double passing, having nasty plot, swords dance and baton pass together. Once you have a boost of each, your opponent will find it extremely difficult to predict your pass. However, as previously stated, its low stats mean it is likely to end up dead first.

Oh, and people saying "OH EM G33 W3 SHUD G1V 1T 5P0R3+ 1 H1T KO M0OVS!!!1! are overlooking sheer cold ect are banned in competetive play, making it useless :|

Btw excuse the poor 1337 speak, i pride myself in failing at it.

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 01:37 PM
by banned, you mean ''forbidden''?

Alli B Real
April 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Oh, and people saying "OH EM G33 W3 SHUD G1V 1T 5P0R3+ 1 H1T KO M0OVS!!!1! are overlooking sheer cold ect are banned in competetive play, making it useless :|

Well, I was speaking in-game terms, seeing as how I don't use competitve play. My lack of Wi-Fi.

Guess not mentioning that goes on my part, then. -sigh-

I feel like an idiot now. >.< -headdesk for no Wi-Fi-

Silver hath been trumped.

XaRhS
April 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
don't feel like that....i don't have wi-fi connection either.......and don't feel like an idiot.......smeargle used to be a weird pokemon but you see that it's going to get some fame

El Gofre
April 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I wasnt aiming it at anyone in particular btw, I just saw a few OHKO moves as i scrolled down to the bottom. Since anything can win in-game i presumed tactical disussion was aimed at wifi battling.

Sorry if i caused any offence silver :)

Alli B Real
April 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
No offense taken.

But anyone who wants to use that set in-game, you're gonna kick butt.

XaRhS
April 21st, 2008, 12:49 AM
definitely......

kicked butts!!!!!!!

Goldenhammerhead
April 21st, 2008, 01:53 AM
Wait? Smeargle can sketch shadow rush! Can it be traded once it knows it?

XaRhS
April 21st, 2008, 02:58 AM
i don't really know....i just know that swadow pokemon can't be traded.maybe smeargle with swadow rush can't be traded to pokemon versions since ths move is forbidden for legal battles.if you pass it to another version it may damage something.......

Goldenhammerhead
April 21st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, could someone confirm this? I guess i could acually. I have a game that is already half busted.

XaRhS
April 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM
i bet noone has the ''guts'' to confirm this.it's normal though.....it may be really dangerous

Goldenhammerhead
April 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM
i bet noone has the ''guts'' to confirm this.it's normal though.....it may be really dangerous

i think i will.............with an old emerald that nolonger saves.

XaRhS
April 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM
do it then.....if it doesn't save anymore......

kidpunk
April 21st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Big mistake.

Sketch a Spore
Skecth a Sheer Cold
Skecth a Mind Reader
Sketch a Mean Look

Smeragle for the win.

And this is where the only situation where Focus Punch Weavile comes in handy.

Substitute 1st attack, and they can't spore you.
Focus Punch 2nd Time.
And if they have a Focus Sash attached, Pursuit for the KO.

Anti
April 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Smeargle is in between IMO. It's reallpredictable and has terrible stats, but with the best movepool in the game, it can do some awesome stuff. I'd love to see what a Spore/Sub/Belly Drum/Explosion Smeargle would do...ouch. lol

Goldenhammerhead
April 22nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
Smeargle is in between IMO. It's reallpredictable and has terrible stats, but with the best movepool in the game, it can do some awesome stuff. I'd love to see what a Spore/Sub/Belly Drum/Explosion Smeargle would do...ouch. lol

Id like to see that except holding a salac berry and Extremespeed over Explosion.

XaRhS
April 22nd, 2008, 12:46 AM
explosion is a crazy idea but i freaking-like it!!!!so you may need to to some ev training and focus on its attack,right?

Goldenhammerhead
April 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
explosion is a crazy idea but i freaking-like it!!!!so you may need to to some ev training and focus on its attack,right?

the Ev spread would be 252att, speed......but his spread already has been made. Smogon has it, I have created several of this smeargles...i use spore,sword att,extremespeed,explosion. Come in on a frail seeper....spore it, sdance a few times, extremespeed for the (hopeful) OHKO.

XaRhS
April 22nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
and if you know it won't survive you just dance one time and then explosion!or explosion alone without swords dance

WaluigiRedclaw91
April 22nd, 2008, 04:53 AM
I understand, Ive tried to raise three smeargle, with dark void and they always turn out horrible

El Gofre
April 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
A smeargle after a single swords dance has 304 attack stat assuming perfect IVs, which is abysmal. Its barely worth blowing up. Not only that, but its HP and defences are so low its subs would be destroyed as soon as they're made. Smeargle fails offesivewise, in fact it fails on anything where it needs to rely on its stats. It's best chance, as I've already said, is as a passer where it can use its barely average speed to get a dark void in and set up.

XaRhS
April 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
alright guys i thing that issue is ''''''''''pwoned and closed''''''''''''''
smeargle lovers.....good luck