View Full Version : Pokemon Heroes: The Wrath of Jealousy - OOC

April 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM
This thread is for the Pokemon Heroes: Wrath of Jealousy OOC chat. Anything to do with the afore mentioned RP including signups after the RP has started and any questions or chat having to do with the RP

April 20th, 2008, 1:39 PM
Are you waiting for all the roles to be filled before starting the RP?

April 20th, 2008, 1:44 PM
no, i know of 2 signups coming soon... but i think i'm gonna try and start the RP tonight when i get off work, and the others can join in when they finish

April 20th, 2008, 2:52 PM
That's cool... Although, I'm not sure when your "tonight" is, so I'm hoping it's soon. *crosses fingers*

April 20th, 2008, 3:47 PM
Just finished with my new sign-up. I changed a few things, but not many, so hope that's okay. =)

What are the rules about duplicating? Is it that you can't duplicate another person's Pokemon at all, or can they be the same Pokemon but different genders? Because I was going to add a Ponyta to my sign-up until you told Sweet Dreams no duplicates were allowed, so I didn't.

April 20th, 2008, 7:00 PM
mmm @ Sweet_Dreams, i'm pacific timezone in america, so my tonight is around the time i'm posting right now.

@Umbreongirl, i really don't like duplicates at all

April 20th, 2008, 7:12 PM
Oh, which means you're gonna start the RP? *gazes at you hopefully* Right now's about lunch time, here, EST.

April 20th, 2008, 7:38 PM
lunch time?! that wouldn't be EST at all! haha closer to midnight in eastern, unless i'm crazy? anyway... if i can strike up some inspiration i'll try to start

April 20th, 2008, 8:01 PM
Name: Reiji Hisagi
Legendary and Ability: Latios - Invisibility for 1 minute.

Appearance: Reiji stands at about 5'8". He weighs roughly 125 lbs, and has an average build to him, though he is somewhat muscular. His soft eyes are a deep blue, like that of an azurite. Reiji's hair is a sandy brown. It is normally styled in spikes resembling a porcupines quills, though there is no coherent pattern to which way his spikes point. Reiji wears a maroon t-shirt, which is rather loose, causing some if it to hang down several inches past his waist. On top of his shirt he wears a thin brown leather sash where he keeps his pokeballs, for the pokemon he decides to travel with. As for his pants he wears Navy blue jeans, which match his jeans jacket that he wears open over his shirt and sash. Other than this he has a pendant of a small flame which is attached to a small black string. He can often be seen wearing this around his wrist, but occasionally he places it around his neck.

Personality: Reiji is a rather timid soul. This is much more geared to the fact that he isn't good at most things he attempts. When times get hard normally the first thing in his mind is to run, though he often chooses to take the humiliation of defeat, instead of being branded as a coward. One of Reiji's more admirable qualities is his drive to prove himself. It's this that makes him try new things and become exposed to various sports, games, etc. Overall Reiji is more so the type of person people can console with, as he is used to embarrassing crashes, and some degrading follies. He may show this kind nature to everyone, but only those he considers true friends receive the full extend of his compassion.

Reiji's past was one typical to those who consider themselves loser, though this wasn't the case for his early childhood. At age 7 Reiji was a fairly popular child, though at this age it didn't require a lot. his popularity stemmed from his parent buying him the latest toys and games that would come out. And him being a child would show these things off to his classmates, and even at time give them away. The kids thought of him as a good friend and a really kind person, which was true, but others thought of him as a show off, solely hanging around him in hopes of getting something they wanted. At this age Reiji's attitude towards losing was very noble, mostly laughing it off afterwards or trying again to try and better himself.

It was at age ten when Reiji had his first really embarrassing moment. It was several months into school and he had signed up for the soccer team. He had always liked the game, practicing the when he could outside of his house. Reiji figured it would be fun playing against other schools, and with his classmates. Sadly as it turned out the friends he thought he had on the team were the fickle kids who had only hung out with him due to his social standing. For the first couple practices Reiji for the first time seemed to be progressing in something he enjoyed. With practices continuing as they had been the first game came rather quickly. When it finally arrived Reiji was really nervous, he knew a ton of people would be there, even though he wasn't starting he hoped everything would go well. Watching the game from the bench Reiji's excitement was still at an elevated level, it didn't help that the match was so close. The game continued to go back and forth up until the last quarter. It was then that the best player on their team had twisted his ankle. Not being able to play the coach put in Reiji knowing that he had been anxious to get in the entirety of th game. At the beginning it had been going well Reiji had two assists leaving them one point behind the other team. To him all of his training had paid off, and now was his time to shine. He had the ball and had been moving down the field. He now faced the goalie of the other team and cocked his foot back for the kick. It was perfect he knew he could make the goal and tie it in time for overtime. Upon hitting the ball he realized he had dug his foot too far under. Before he had time to react the ball had knocked him in the face with the force of what felt like a truck. Now dazed and in great pain, one of Reiji's team mates took this opportunity to further embarrass him and pulled down his pant and underwear leaving him completely exposed. Now in tears Reiji ran off the field to the locker room and tried to get himself together.

The next day everyone at school had heard what had happened, making him the laughing stock and choice candidate for teasing and pranks. As time would continue he would further embarrass himself by trying out new things and hurting himself or just from his losing. Soon Reiji found it hard to immerse himself in anything new, feeling that he would only cause himself further abashment. By 15 Reiji was fed up with school, as well as the constant mockery he from his peers. He figured he could start anew as a pokemon trainer. For his previous birthday his father had given him a Zangoose, so the two had already bonded so he figured the transition would be pretty easy. After several months training Reiji decided that this is what he wanted to do. not only did he find it fun, but he was good at it. He also loved seeing his pokemon grow in strength but also confidence, which gave him the determination he needed to continue. It wouldn't be too long before Reiji would start his journey and catch the other pokemon he has grown to love.

Pokemon: Charmeleon/Nick
Personality: Reiji's Charmeleon is a bit quirky to say the least. Like most pokemon he is dedicated to his trainer, as well listens to him during battle. This makes this pokemon a very formidable foe as it seems that the two fight in perfect unison. Delving into more of Nick's more interesting traits, we see that he is, well, a lady's pokemon. Upon encountering a female trainer Charmeleon can often be found either showing off, coddling them, or rolling around by their feet. Reiji never really understood this behavior, but it always gave him laugh, so he never questioned it. On top of this when released for a stretch he sits in nearby trees or clearing just looking aimlessly at the sky, as if waiting for someone or something to arrive.

Pokemon: Buizel/Tina
Personality: Buizel was found in the forest by Reiji early in his travels. She was in a horrible state, bleeding from both arms and legs, as well as her back. It was obvious that these lacerations were man made. After nursing her back to health Tina became Reiji's most affectionate pokemon, well at least to him. Her incident has left a horrible scar when it comes to other humans, especially other trainers. Outside of battle she can often be seen cowering behind Reiji when he around others, and may lash out at them if she feels they are violating her space. This somewhat defensive personality plays into Reiji's fighting style with her using his attacks to evading, and countering opponents, rather than take them head on.

Pokemon: Zangoose/Kenta
Personality: Kenta was Reiji's first pokemon, a gift from his father upon him leaving to start his journey. The two are pretty much inseparable, since Zangoose is often outside of his pokeball, walking on Reiji's right side. What's unique about this pokemon is he seems to have an inextinguishable amount of energy. This plays into his fast rhythm in battle, attacking opponents quickly, and affectively. Kenta further proves his worth to Reiji by not only being good at battling, and being a good friend to him, but is a big brother to his other pokemon. He can often be seen defending them from other pokemon or helping them train. This trait makes Kenta the obvious choice whenever double battling an opponent.

RP Sample: It was a good day perhaps the best in weeks. Sakai had bladed out of school after what seemed to be the easiest day in his life. He had aced 2 tests, 3 of his 6 teachers were out sick, and not to mention that he won tickets to the new movie that came out in his last class. Since he had no howework Sakai decided to go skating at the park at the edge of town. Though it was out of the way, he knew since it was a school day that not many people would head there, which would make it the most opportune time to try to master the inverted 540 he had been working on.

Upon arriving at the Park Sakai was shocked at what he saw. He looked into what was normally a semi-crowded park, into one that didn't show the faintest trace of ever being inhabited. Skating around to the entrance he came across a sign which read To all skaters, we are sorry to inform you that the park will be undergoing renovations starting tomorrow. As a result the park will be closed for the next several weeks. In the meantime we will be using a warehouse on Wicket Street in order to continue providing for your skating needs. Sorry again for the inconvenience, Gerald Grant. Now feeling somewhat depressed Sakai went over to a bench to sit, and began staring at the sky. Ten minutes had passed before his phone began to vibrate. Expecting it to be his mother inquiring as to where he was Sakai was quick to answer it. When he opened it a strange message appeared.

Are you prepared to take on responsibility?

Sakai for fun decided to hit the yes button, and soon received another message, this one telling him to take flight 3378469 in terminal DX at the airport. Thinking this may be a fun way to pass time Sakai hopped on the nearest train for the airport and ventured off.

After about a half hour of travel Sakai finally reached terminal DX, which was like nothing he had ever seen. It was jam packed of kids of all different races, each with a unique style to them. He noticed though two children sitting off in a corner. One was a pretty attractive girl with long black hair, the other a boy with light brown hair, though he seemed to be off in his own world. Seeing as they were the only two people in the whole room who didn't seem to be talking he went over and decided to introduce himself.

"Ummm Hi, I'm Sakai" he said his eyes glistening while rubbing the back of his head.

April 20th, 2008, 8:33 PM
Looks good so far, Kay.

No, really... At least, I think Australia is Eastern Standard time... I think we're, like really ahead of some countries, since we're so close to the International Date Line...

April 20th, 2008, 8:35 PM
hah... well i'm writing the opening post as we speak, i want to make it good.... and also, i'm debating closing the signups for this. Theres getting to be a lot of people.

3's company
10's a party

Trainer Kat
April 20th, 2008, 8:35 PM
Alright guys.
I apologize in advance for anything Jett might do or say to your characters. ^^;

April 20th, 2008, 9:23 PM
Ya Kat brings up a good point. I write in character and i don't believe in sugar coating my plots and being perfect friends with everyone my character meets. So... don't take anything i write in my IC chat as something i think personally. I like to get into my writings because i feel it puts more emotion into the story and makes it more interesting. so ya... once again, don't take offense... I just write in character.

One last thing, Trainer Kat and Jim have permission to bunny my character. Please list if you have people allowed to bunny your char. My list of those who can bunny my char grows as i see what type of writing people are capable of.

And on that note... the first post is up! The RP has officially started. Kay11190, please finish your signup ASAP, and Shadowfaith, i wrote my response to your signup in the IC thread. From this point on its going to be rather difficult to get accepted into the RP.

Accepted RPers, instructions on your first post are written in my opening post. Have fun everyone.

April 20th, 2008, 9:32 PM
Yay! I'm going to start bouncing... And yes, I feel that it's inhumane for any person, even ones that only exist in our heads, to love anybody and everybody. Any pissing off on my part is, in reality, apologetic... If that makes any sense, which I don't think it does...

You know what? I'll just post...

April 21st, 2008, 3:10 AM
Had to redo my entrance post - Sorry about the rushed one before. =P

There we go - Finished. Cant wait to see how this story goes. Haha.

April 21st, 2008, 9:00 AM
shadowfaith has been accepted to the RP.... the opening posts look good, everyone keep it up! and don't be afraid to trigger interaction or anything, you don't need me to start everything.

Trainer Kat
April 21st, 2008, 12:27 PM
don't be afraid to trigger interaction or anything, you don't need me to start everything.

Y'all get to trigger it with Jett, he won't be the first to talk. xD;

As far as bunnying goes, the ONLY people who have permission to bunny Jett are Jim, Kansas, and, when he gets accepted, Phanima. The former two know what I expect from this, and I know Phanima well enough.
Anyone else caught bunnying Jett will get a nice, swift punch in the face from our little psychopath. xDDD
But don't do it. >_>

April 21st, 2008, 1:16 PM
Hold on, I got most of the way finished, then distracted by Kat, then had to shower, then needed to sleep. Be done first thing tomorrow, I swear on your life. I am Not ONI!

April 21st, 2008, 4:07 PM
Since i'm not partial to any person in this Roleplay, and you all seem like fine Roleplayers to me, I will allow anyone to bunny my character, but only sparingly. If I haven't posted in over three days for whatever reason, then it's only fair that you should be able to IF any action by her is needed. Please just don't abuse it. ^^'

April 21st, 2008, 4:22 PM
sounds good.... if everyone could go for their opening posts so we can get things rolling, that would be SPLENDID thanks <3

April 21st, 2008, 4:36 PM
Ooo - Im so excited. I keep reading over everyones characters and the entrance posts so far. Loving it - Haha.

Really looking forward to how this develops!~ :D

Hope everyone is having a nice day! <3

April 21st, 2008, 4:37 PM
haha i'm havin a great day... i'm hoping Sandslash's ominous feeling and such about the tower coming down is inspriing some amazing ideas :D i'm tempted to just continue and let the slow posters catch up =X

Trainer Kat
April 21st, 2008, 4:40 PM
Bah, just do it. I want to post. -_-

April 21st, 2008, 4:42 PM
Yeah since I have been a little lazy today, I am just going to say: Kat has permission to bunny Aspen.

Trainer Kat
April 21st, 2008, 4:43 PM
Well I can't bunny Aspen if he's nowhere near Jett

April 21st, 2008, 4:50 PM
I will post soon. Probably by tonight, I hope.

April 21st, 2008, 4:51 PM
Just do something to make my character move. Apart from sitting there with her Pokemon, there's really nothing else she can do... except get a job. And I do so love to post. I must say, I'm appalled with myself - I made my character despise strangers. That's just great, isn't it?

Trainer Kat
April 21st, 2008, 4:57 PM
It's ok, Sweet_Dreams. x3 Jett does too, it makes for nice character development, but I must admit, it is a bit more challenging.

April 21st, 2008, 5:17 PM
Yes, I know. Do you know what this means? The only two trainers who are anywhere near each other both have no wish to meet a stranger, let alone talk to them.

April 21st, 2008, 6:06 PM
i caved in and posted, got too excited waiting haha, i really enjoy this character. I kinda didn't have him leave so i could keep him open for interaction before he sped off towards spear pillar

April 21st, 2008, 7:44 PM
kk 'i believe I'm done. I will be awaiting my judgement now

April 21st, 2008, 7:47 PM
Judgement.... DENIED!!!

just kidding, its a great sign up and a nice balance. Welcome to our dysfunctional little family, make yourself at home with your first post whenever you're ready.

oh and one minor housekeeping detail.... Umbreongirl, your Umbreon talking with your char... kinda steps on Jim and Celebi's power. If we could stop that, it would be absolutely wonderful.

April 21st, 2008, 8:04 PM
alright i'll have to make my first post later though. I stayed up late yesterday doing this and woke up 10mins before school started so dont want to risk being late again. If i have time in the morning I'll post it then otherwise it will have to wait until after school again. Can't wait to start though it should be fun.

Trainer Kat
April 21st, 2008, 9:05 PM
Hello rushed post.

Seriously, I was in far too good a mood to do much emoing. xD;

April 22nd, 2008, 2:53 AM
Haha - Loving the squabble. :P

Just one quick question - Do we ALL have to visit the Spear Pillar place atleast once? Or all at the same time?

Coz I have no means of travelling there yet. So just wondering. Thanks.

April 22nd, 2008, 2:59 AM
I would imagine you don't have to. It's an RPG your character can do whatever he/she wants within reason XD

April 22nd, 2008, 4:21 AM
Oh, I totally love writing my character and her Pokemon. Hey, I've been thinking; do I need to include in my history Manaphy giving her its powers, and does there have to be a physical characteristic that changes about her when she uses the power?

April 22nd, 2008, 4:22 AM
~ Not one of my best D: ~ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3513075&postcount=12)

Post to come forthwith.

Trainer Kat
April 22nd, 2008, 4:24 AM
Well, I like it. xD;
and someone likes Paras

April 22nd, 2008, 5:35 AM
Well, I like it. xD;
and someone likes Paras

Paras is an elder god. [and is soo~oo cute :DD].

I'm using the excuse: 'Evan hasn't accepted me yet so I cannot post' >D

April 22nd, 2008, 7:29 AM
Jim don't be a butt, you know you're accepted.

Sweet Dreams, you don't need a power history or physical feature about your legend if you don't want to... its all up to you :D

and Arachnid, everyone does NOT have to visit spear pillar.

April 22nd, 2008, 7:32 AM
Edited my pevious post that I didn't finish because I had to bomb out XP

Trainer Kat
April 22nd, 2008, 7:48 AM
Jett caved and went into the Pokémon Center. xD;
Annnnnd he's all bipolar and confused, poor thing.

April 22nd, 2008, 7:53 AM
hah ya... Breck owned him pretty hard. That'll teach him to chuck apples at people. I'll be posting when i get back from psychology in about 2 hours

April 22nd, 2008, 8:34 AM
I hadn't yet posted so, with permission, replaced Paras with Tropius. I love Paras but the RP requires a bit more power... plus I needed something to fly around on.

Trainer Kat
April 22nd, 2008, 8:57 AM
xD; Alexian intrigues me...
Nice post, Arachnid!

April 22nd, 2008, 9:22 AM
Thank you Trainer Kat! ^-^

<3 I love how you integrate your past so well with your character. I am really intrigued in your character, especially about that sister thing? o.o Woahh lol. Niceeee. ^-^

Trainer Kat
April 22nd, 2008, 9:30 AM
Thank you very much. Jett's...pretty intense, even for me. ^^; So, he's sometimes hard. Akihiko was a former RP character of mine and I feel bad killing him off. T0T

April 22nd, 2008, 9:52 AM
I think its cool everyone feels in tune with they're characters in the same RPG, thats kinda rare ^_^

April 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
WOO! marathon post... sorry about that haha i'll explain the Lairon later onnn.... but ya! lots of room for interaction now.... I pretty much have the entire Lairon incident as a catalyst to inspire interaction on multiple levels

Trainer Kat
April 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
*flails* Heather reference! :D
It'd be bad to tell Jett his sister raised her Pokémon better. *coughs*

April 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
I take a break from the computer to go outside for a day and I'm a page behind everyone....... Has anything important happened?

April 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
haha well ya... lets see... it depends where you're going. Mild character interaction in the pokemon center right now and intenseness happened at Sky Pillar but you wouldn't see that unless you were flying overhead, or were already on the island.

April 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
I guess I'll say I've been there to minimize the writing in my post. I guess I'll just read some of it. How are we all going to end up together on the same quest?

April 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Pacifidlog is a short surf from Pacifidlog town the geography is very close. The two is the go-to point with the only pokemon center for miles. We'll be meeting there at some point, meeting in two groups then converging will probably be the simplest means. Breck and Jett already have some degree of interaction, along with Sweet Dreams and Arachnid's chars. and at this point, pretty much everyone has visual recognition of eachother to know they've seen them somewhere before. So we should all be meeting soon, considering Albrecht is trapped on Sky Pillar island at the moment, i'll say they'll probably meet next RP day.

April 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'll post it tonight. I swear on my Sims 2 game. I don't care how long I have to stay, I'll probably fake sick tomorrow anyway.

April 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Well, Sierra, being the only one with divine intervention, would gladly come to your aid. However, a certain character who's life has been ripped apart by tragedy isn't interacting! >o

srsly, Kat, hurry up!... [ily <3]

So, hey, everybody... I was a 'late' applicant and... hi?

Trainer Kat
April 22nd, 2008, 1:17 PM
I'm posting~!

Hm...on a side note, Jim and Evan would be the only two who know what Akihiko looks like. This is Akihiko (http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/Gengarr/coolhat.jpg?t=1208898961)

April 22nd, 2008, 4:32 PM
rawrrrrrrrrrrrr Umbreongirl i told you..... Erin's Umbreon talking is crossing into Jim's power's territory

April 22nd, 2008, 8:49 PM
Finally did my first post, I hope its okay. Tell me what i need work on if anything.

April 23rd, 2008, 4:47 AM
I'm kinda confused. Is umbreongirl able to understand her pokemon telepathically? Or does the pokemon speak english? Or does Umbreon speak Umbreon language? Or has she got a special ability?

Please help me out here. ^-^

April 23rd, 2008, 5:44 AM
Arachnid thats what i'm trying to figure out too... because all of those cross into Celebi's power....which she doesn't have

April 23rd, 2008, 5:46 AM
Haha - I'm sure she'll cut it out if you ask her nicely.

And nice post on the Lairon thing. Breck seems in good hands though. Alexion is having trouble stopping from being so negative - But I think his catching on that theres something different about him. So its all good.

Trainer Kat
April 23rd, 2008, 6:24 AM
Who else thought of Hiro during Alexian's constipated face? xDD

April 23rd, 2008, 1:25 PM

Woah - Jett was a bit mean - Doubt Alexian will be able approach him after possibly witnessing that scene.

April 23rd, 2008, 1:40 PM
I'm so sorry! >_<' I didn't mean to cause anyone any confusion! And I didn't realize that it would be interfering with anyone's abilities. So i'll just make them stop communicating right now. I guess we can all just pretend that Cherub never knew Psychic? ._.' Maybe? I don't really want to go back and edit my posts, but I will if you want me to.

April 23rd, 2008, 2:26 PM
Nah, I'm sure we don't mind, Umbreongirl. Do we?

*sigh* I've decided that you're all great people and if you really need to and I'm off for, like, two-and-a-half days, any of you can bunny my character. If you're really impatient, then you can do it in one-and-a-half. Just not too much, and too out of character.

April 23rd, 2008, 2:41 PM
I love Sierra. Officially.

April 23rd, 2008, 3:09 PM
I love her too - she is absolutely hilarious! I swear I couldn't stop laughing at the post. Seriously, it has made my day.

April 23rd, 2008, 3:12 PM
:] Thank you.

Kat, you are required to post now kthx. He can't ignore Sierra when she thrusts a Chikorita into his face and offers to show him her Banana. o0;;;

April 24th, 2008, 3:45 PM
mmmkay so lets see, i'd like to kindly ask that we wrap up the RP day's events for the night and move to the next morning. The next day should be big where we all finally somehow meet up and have our first big encounter/adventure. What could it be?!?!!? I'm looking at all of your signups again to stir up some trouble :D

April 25th, 2008, 4:43 AM
Ugh, another late entrance... ^^;

Here you go Kansas and I should mention I kinda switched my chosen legendary while I was updating the profile, hope you don't mind, it just seemed a LOT more suiting for Korin to be fused with Shaymin rather than the three doggies. If it's already been secretly taken, I'll just switch back, no biggie. C:

Name: Korin

Legendary/Ability: Shaymin (is capable of creating all kinds of potions)

Appearance: Korin stands at 179 centimetres and weighs an approximate of 67 kilograms. He is tall but also lean, and has small areas of built up muscle across his arms, chest, and legs. The contour of his face represents an ellipse at best, but is also rounded across the jaw line, giving his face a sturdier look. His eyes are large and are of a full brown colour. His nose is thin along the bridge and becomes rounded across each nostril. Each ear is curved almost straight back but is lifted up from the sides of his head, in proportion to the other details of his face. These are also partially covered by his black messy hair.

Korin’s hair is of a very dark colour and covers the majority of his head, to the point of being long enough to frame his face. Each fringe in his hair derives from the top of his head in a counter clockwise rotation. However, being messy and extremely unmanageable, it is often hard to tell. The direction of his hair differs across each side but covers his head appropriately to not looking obscure. The colour of his hair is an extremely dark brown, thus appearing black from a distance.

His attire consists of simple clothing that is suiting for the kitchen of a restaurant but can also be worn on other occasions outside of work. He adopts such clothing solely on the fact of caring little about his appearances and has no need to stand out. Clothing that is comfortable but also presentable (to some extent) is Korin’s only rule when it comes to appearances.

On this notion, Korin dresses himself accordingly in a both casual but professional manner. Firstly, he adorns a long-sleeved white collar button shirt over his torso and has each sleeve rolled up to behind his elbows. The collar is left unbuttoned to allow some breathing space around his chest and neck. A loose white undershirt also covers his torso underneath his collar. Both shirts are tucked into a pair of long grey trousers, tied across the waist with a traditional silver buckle belt. The belt leather is of a black colour and is only loosely worn. Korin’s trousers are long and loose down each leg, reaching just above his ankles and rests on the holes of his shoes. The waist of his trousers however, is fairly tight and can support itself without the assistance of a belt. Beneath each leg sits a pair of white ankle socks and black formal shoes. Both shoes are rounded across the tip and have been worn down considerably. Korin’s lack of care for his appearance is most evident in the condition of these items, but in accordance to his rule, as long as he is comfortable and semi-presentable, he is content with his current image.

Personality: Korin can be considered as any typical twenty-one year old, who has just spent the last fifteen years of his life learning about what he loves. He’s energetic and passionate about what he does and can sometimes be overbearing when he gets carried away. However, these are mere traits of his personality and on the whole, establish his initial attitude. From this, he can, from time to time, adopt sarcasm to respond to those he has a general dislike towards, or to merely tease. He does this all for the fun of the situation and almost always has the best intentions in mind.

Beneath his boisterous but also admirable enthusiasm for his work, Korin can become quite timid when meeting others for the first time. His pride and ego however, tend to get in the way of his true nature and can sometimes cause him to make decisions unfavourable for himself and others, in spite of his level of awareness about the situation. He also has a peculiar habit of admiring every girl and woman he comes across as a potential partner for himself, and often acts in a way that he believes that will attract their attention, despite the forged personality he may put on. Many of these attempts are light-hearted and are quickly waved off, leaving him in embarrassing and potentially ego-damaging situations.

Following this beneath-the-surface personality, a more humble and caring attitude that Korin is rarely seen displaying in public, does exist and is at most, limited to the confines of his own home and to his immediate family and friends. During the small periods of time where he does lower the façade of who he is, he can become quite serious and much more vulnerable to emotion. He harbours a deep care and kindness towards his sister, but in a different respect, refuses to relate with his parents. This is his true personality and any other emotions or actions he might display in public, are a charade of who he wishes to be.

History: Korin’s upbringing was one of both material privilege and emotional abuse. Being the first born, his parents treated his existence in a way more familiar to a mistake, rather than a blessing. During this time, his parents had just begun their first business as co-owners of their own restaurant. Korin was six years old at the time of the restaurant’s opening and soon found himself both serving customers and helping his parents in the kitchen. Despite his efforts, he made many mistakes and was scolded on an almost day-to-day basis. This relationship with his parents lasted for the majority of his childhood, and the longer it continued the more mature and independent he grew.

Because of this, Korin was forced to mature at a much faster rate than other children his age, but found the transition to be much more beneficial for himself in the long run. No longer dependant on his parents, he continued working at his family’s restaurant in order to provide for himself and quickly made it his goal to move out and to start living on his own. He had turned fourteen at this time and would have proceeded with his plan, but another obstacle had gotten into his way.

During the first semester of the first year of the restaurant’s establishment, Korin’s mother became pregnant, and nine months later, Suen was born. If it had not been for his sister, Korin’s goal to leave and begin his own life would have only proceeded sooner than it inevitably had. Now that his parents had begun making a decent living and were about to begin raising their second child, Korin decided that he wouldn’t allow his sister to be raised in the same manner as he was, and took the initiative in caring for her during the day while his parents worked, thus cutting into his own working time and inevitably his only source of independence; money.

In spite of this however, his parents attitude had become much more accommodating for their daughter who could only rely on them for the necessities, despite Korin’s efforts. This was due to his parents’ restaurant and its quick success. By the second year, his parents had become quite comfortable financially and were able to bring Suen up in an environment, much more privileged than Korin had experienced. During this time, Korin’s treatment remained the same, and his existence was only ever acknowledged during his working at the restaurant.

After turning eighteen, the ill feelings in his relationship with his parents had lessened somewhat and because of his loyalty to the family business, despite his true motives, his parents had agreed to support him temporarily while he traveled to find a permanent resident to move into. Suen had also grown up and impartial to either side of the family, remained loyal to both her parents and her brother, supporting both sides whenever necessary.

Now that the chance to pursue his goal had arised, he took it. It was then, during the start of his travels, that he ran into the legendary hedgehog; Shaymin, and without knowing its purpose for appearing before him, soon became infused with its powers, albeit being unaware of such a change. Unbeknownst to him, its influence would soon become quite important during his adventure.

Camerupt: The first member of Korin's cooking trio, Camerupt serves as a valuable heat source with legs. His raw strength is unequalled but his attitude is somewhat lacking in comparison. Both lazy and stubborn, Camerupt isn't exactly the most pleasant Pokemon to be around but he knows his place and listens to his trainer with surprising loyalty.

Octillery: Mischievious by nature, Octillery has the uncanny habit of attracting all kinds of trouble for Korin and the group, and although his strength is a lot less impressive than the other members of the trio, he makes up for it with his cunning. Quick on his tentacles and a master of improvisation, Octillery is one smooth Pokemon. He follows Korin's orders with unflinching devotion and is the only member of the trio unaffected by the group's high testosterone relationship.

Electivire: The final addition to the troupe, Electivire is a definite force to be reckoned with. Sharing similar traits to his camel partner, the Electric Pokemon is both stubborn and determined to prove himself to whoever challenges him. Like the other two, his personality isn't exactly the most flattering, especially as a reflection of his trainer, but his cockiness and sheer lack of shame make him a dangerous opponent. He serves only Korin and will listen to no one else, while his relationship with Camerupt is one of allied rivalry.

April 25th, 2008, 6:19 AM
Phani chan, the only thing wrong is that someone already has a Buizel, switch your pokes and you're set

April 25th, 2008, 6:34 AM
Bah! I knew Floatzel looked familiar, but I assumed it wasn't taken because it's just so cool and perfect for Korin.

Good news is, I found an even better Water Pokemon for him; Octillery! A water pump and a regenerating source for calamari rings? Yes please.

I'll post tomorrow at the latest, it's like 12:30 am now so I'm just browsing til 1.

April 25th, 2008, 6:35 AM
haha perfect. more than accepted, go ahead and make your first post whenever you're ready. You can start already being at Sky Pillar with Shadow and I or in Pacifidlog with the others

April 27th, 2008, 1:40 AM
Sorry for the delay~ Anyway, it seemed a little one sided with everyone being at Pacifilog, so I thought I'd just drop Korin off at the pillar with Breck and Aisha. C:

April 27th, 2008, 3:03 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. The only problem I have with that being that I still can't post.

*waits impatiently for everybody to post*

April 27th, 2008, 3:56 AM
Phanima <3

I'm still waiting for Kat to post. *drums fingers against desk.* nosrsly, take your time Kat.

April 27th, 2008, 4:45 AM
Jim <3

Don't pester Kat so much, she'll get mad and punish you. xP

And poor Sweet_Dreams. *comforts

Still, don't forget, patience is a virtue. *shot'd

April 27th, 2008, 6:11 AM
I vowed to be nicer to Kat, so pestering's at the bottom of my list.

April 30th, 2008, 9:26 AM
just for an FYI... in the next RP day, i'm planning to head down towards the Regice cave.... and our first encounter with Mewtwo. I didn't wanna reveal any story but it seems i have to in order to keep this rp active XD come on everyone :)

Trainer Kat
April 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
no srsly, I'll post this weekend. xD; Like, friday or so? I need a good grade on my Thursday and Friday exam, so I won't be doing any posting until then.

May 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
*checks rp every five minutes or so*

Whenever you're ready, Kat, whenever you're ready. It's just that tomorrow's a school day for me. And I don't want this place to die.

May 12th, 2008, 4:19 PM
Same here. I really miss RPing in a Roleplay that actually has a definable plot. And people experienced enough to actually carry it out. What are we waiting on, anyways? Can't we just continue?

Trainer Kat
May 12th, 2008, 5:24 PM
It's true, my post isn't going to be crucial to the plot...at all. ¬_¬

Oh well. Expect it tomorrow. I'm back from hiatus.

May 12th, 2008, 8:43 PM
everyone PLEASE feel free to move on if you want! i've been waiting for you all to go to the next RP day so i can go haha

Trainer Kat
May 15th, 2008, 5:18 PM
*drums fingers* I'm in the posting mood, and yet I was the last to post...

C'mon...let's get this moving again.

May 15th, 2008, 5:25 PM
So, we're waiting for morning yeah? I'm assuming Kansas will post once everybody's been round up, or at least those who are still in this. Tis a dilemma~

*stares into Regice cave

May 15th, 2008, 6:01 PM
ya...... it looks like we've lost QUITE a few.... and i'd really like to continue but we need the morning

May 15th, 2008, 7:58 PM
Erin hasn't been lost. I'm still here, and i'm planning on posting tomorrow. I've had a really busy week. .-.'

May 29th, 2008, 1:36 PM
Uhm. I'd like to sign up as the Regis, but I'm going to sleep, so I fear no message, for now. Can you reserve it? Pleaseeeee...*shining eyes*

May 29th, 2008, 1:39 PM
sorry to say, i already have one person working on a signup right now and thats all i'm going to let in. i like to keep my rp's relatively small. If we lose another member then feel free to signup but as of right now i'll have to say no, especially since the Regi's are now apart of the plot we're headed to

May 29th, 2008, 7:04 PM
Here I am! I really wanted to type up a fresh Sample about Liora, but I'm afraid I don't have the time now. ^^;

Name: Liora Hazel

Legendary and Ability: Cresselia -> the ability to call upon the moonlight to illuminate the darkest area.

Though Liora stands around the average height for girls of her age group, with an ordinary build for a female of sixteen years, she wouldn’t be considered skinny, and neither would she be considered overweight. She has long, purple coloured hair that falls to the middle of the back, her forehead hair curving just above her eyebrows. The natural colour of her hair is a dark shade of brown. The girl’s dyed hair is usually tied into a neat pigtail with a lengthy yellow ribbon in a butterfly knot. The young Liora’s face is of a diamond shape and frames her delicate features. She is the owner of a pair of eyes of a misty grey colour that usually hold a hint of uncertainty within them and also possesses a weak smile.

Outside of the green apron and white sleeved shirt and pants she wears during her part-time job in the Lilycove Department Store, Liora finds that she is most comfortable wearing simple, plain clothes of bright clothes. She is usually seen clad in a white coloured shirt with a yellow, unbutton jacket that was the symbol of a pokeball drawn onto its left portion hanging over her shoulders. The pair of shorts she wears is of a black shade and falls to the top of her kneecap. Hey, no one said that she had to have a good sense of fashion. The girl enjoys wearing she trusty pink coloured flip-flops. To carry her personal belongings, Liora has a small, purple coloured fanny pack hanging from her waist. Money, water, ID, pokeballs there isn’t much to bring along.

When she activates her ability to beckon the moonlight to shine upon a certain place, her whole body glows faintly for a few moments. This is only noticeable if the area is in pitch darkness, because the light emitted from her being isn’t that bright.

Though the girl is no different in height or size from others her age, a majority of people seem to find her to have a small frame. This is probably because she comes across as soft-spoken and nervous to most, a quiet girl who lacks self-esteem. She rarely speaks, and only makes it an effort to do so when someone strikes up conversation with her, and not the other way around. The girl prefers to confine herself to her thoughts and keep her opinions to herself. One might call her an introvert, which is usually the vibe she gives off to most people who have attempted to speak to her.

Liora tends to be a klutz when she is around the people she wants to impress, as well as around the people she shows a genuine interest in, and gets easily embarrassed by the littlest of things. The most common word used in her vocabulary is ‘sorry!’

She hardly considers offering a helping hand to anyone she does not know with extreme familiarity, her trust being something that is probably one of the hardest things to gain from her other than the ability to chat frequently. People may assume her cold and distant because of this. Though she doesn’t show a caring side to humans, she expresses a charitable side to injured Pokemon she finds on the outskirts of Lilycove and frequents the Pokemon Center because of this. Not known to have a temper of any sort, Liora does however, get irritated and annoyed easily. She chooses to bottle up these feelings however, but who knows when the cork of the container may get forced open. Even though she verbally gives her approval for most statements and questions, the girl has the knack of lying about her real opinions. She tells white lies often because she doesn’t want to be tangled in an argument, and it has developed into a bad habit of hers.

As quiet as she may be, Liora does entertain the idea of acquaintances; it just seems that she can’t pluck up the courage to properly befriend anyone. Someone who lacks mettle and comes off as a little cowardly to others, she is easily scared by the littlest of things. Her fear ranges from heights to drowning. The only dread she does not have is about the dark.

Dominic and Marietta Hazel came to Lilycove City two decades ago to settle down and start a family, Dominic took a part time job in the local Pokemart while his wife became a counter lady at the renowned contest hall. Not long after, Marietta gave birth to a healthy baby girl which they named Liora for the light that the child had bright into their lives. Soon, Marietta gave up her job to spend her time looking after Liora, while Dominic worked twice as hard to bring bacon to the dinner table. He hardly came from for said dinners, sinking deep into workload as more and more duties flew towards his direction.

Dominic was steadily promoted over the years, as Liora grew into a beautiful girl under Marietta’s care, though her husband was rarely around to witness the key moments of important is his young child’s life. The capturing of her first Pokemon, her first won battle, so on and so forth. Soon, in place of a Pokemart, the Lilycove Department Store came to be, with Mister Hazel at the top of the business ladder, he became Manager of the large mall.

Soon, the Hazel family became well-known in Lilycove for running the Department Store with efficient workers and a great business.

However, they were also known for the famous quarrel that sparked between the Manager of the store and his wife, about the custody of a child that only one of them had bothered to care for. Rumorus flew about, some containing information about a knife being used in the incident, another claiming that a broomstick was involved, others said that it was a mere chat that led to something more dreadful. No matter how each of the stories were told, the endings were all the same.

The woman left the ten-year old child with her husband.

Dominic’s reputation was destroyed, he was demoted from his former high post to a lowly cashier in the store. However, from the incident, the man realized that he knew little about his daughter. This… quiet child that hardly spoke a word, yet somehow, glowed with a faint light, a hope that he could redeem himself in her eyes, at least.

“Liora, I’m so sorry,” he drew the girl into his arms, unsure of what it felt like to have his own child in his embrace. It had been so long since he had last hugged her.

“… It’s alright Daddy, I understand.” Liora spoke softly, in a voice that had gone unheard by the man for the longest of times, as she closed her eyes, returning the hug. The father and daughter clasping onto each other dearly in front of the large department store, as if it had been their first meeting in years. In retrospect, it probably was.

Dominic continued working as staff in the Lilycove Department Store, cautiously rejecting chances to extend his shifts. He made it a mental note to spend all of his free time with his daughter whenever possible, training her Poochyena with her in the grassy area outside of city became a weekly routine. As Liora continued to grow and develop into a strong teenager under her father’s care, their bond strengthened and their love grew. When she was old enough, she too worked part time in the Department store to lessen the workload on her father. Now, she loved her father dearly with all her heart.

However, only one thing went unchanged since six years ago.

On the night Marietta fled and they embraced each other for what seemed like the very first time, Liora secretly whispered within the confines of her heart.

She would never forgive him for chasing her mother away.

Mightyena / Melanthe (Female)

An outgoing Mightyena despite her sharp fangs and reasonably menacing features, Melanthe (or Melon, Dominic refers to as) is really just a big goof who likes meeting new people and making new friends. A childish and adventurous canine despite her age, she acts with as lot of similarity to a curious pup. Her black mane of fur is shiny as well as captivating. She has won a Super Rank in a Beauty Contest before. Melon has a lot of pride in herself and dislikes being underestimated, though she isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, she makes up for it with her friendly personality.

She was the first Pokemon Liora caught when the girl was at the tender age of nine, instructing a Kecleon she had borrowed from her mother, the young girl managed to attack the Poochyena successfully and capture it with a pokeball. Liora treasures Melanthe because of this, and because the Mightyena was probably the first friend she had ever made.

Like most of her kin, she is protective and territorial when need be, and doesn’t hesitate to show her hatred for anyone who tries to harm Liora or her father. She is known to stand her ground and fight for her trainer no matter what the cost, opposing the image of her trainer exactly. No one knows why these two click so well.

Carvanha / Chanda (Male)

Chan is a fierce and rough fish Pokemon with a nasty temper. He gets easily tweaked and doesn’t hesitate to find a reason to berate anything he finds unsatisfactory. Because of his temperamental nature, he used to scare the young twelve year old Liora. Upon seeing her crying face one night after he tried to snap at the girl’s fingers when she tried to pet him, Chanda softened his act. Soon after, one could see the Water type and his owner in a tight hug after winning yet another battle along the beach.

The beach was where Liora found Chanda, he had washed up on shore, injured after being attacked by a reckless swimmer while he was with his mate. The swimmer managed to capture his mate, when the young, emotional Carvanha saw this unhold before his very eyes, he drew together every ounce of his remaining strength to launch a devasting Crunch attack, causing the trainer and his Furret to flee.

A tough Pokemon, who, like Melon, does not take a loss easily. He has a strong determination to succeed and his mission is to find the trainer who took his mate, and somehow free her from the trainer’s hold.

RP Sample:

"Its our first Gym battle.. " The fifteen year old said out loud, perhaps, she thought that it would have sounded more believable if her thought could be converted into audible words. Her Squirtle stood right next to her on her two hind legs, a determined look in her cascade eyes. The Pewter City Gym hanged over the two rather tiny bodies like a daunting monster, casting a dark shadow on the trainer and her loyal companion. Adel took a deep breath to steady herself, before stepping towards the doors of the entrance, pushing them open with a hint less confidence than usual. The interior of the gym was the gloomy as the exterior, virtually everything was grey.

"HEY!" a man's voice called out.

"Ahhh!" Adel released a high-pitched shriek, her body stiffening. The yell scared her Squirtle as well, the little creature ducking behind the girl's legs in fright.

"Relax, I won't bite," one could pinpoint the exact location of the statement, right in the middle of the large gym, at one side of the battle field. The voice belonged to a sturdy young man with spikey brown hair, the male doned a grey jacket (to think that the place wasn't grey enough) and brown pants, a steeled expression plastered upon his face as he faced his latest challenger. The man was obviously the Leader of the Grey Gym. Adel nodded weakly, embarassed at her earlier outburst, grabbing her Pokemon into her arms and quickly making her way towards the center of the building, coming to a halt at the opposing side of the field. The girl looked up to the older youth, as if to confirm that she was doing the correct thing. When Brock gave her an encouraging nod, Adel relaxed, the action allowing her brain to behave normally again.

That was when she nearly wanted to give herself a good slap for forgetting her manners.

"M-My name's Adel... Adeltruat! Pleased to make your acquaintance!" She hastily shouted, it was a little too loud, as she continued with a short curtsy. Her Squirtle promptly mimiced the action, receiving an amused laugh from the Gym Leader.

"A funny Pokemon you have there, I assume its going to battle me?" Brock queried with a patient tone. His challenger replying with an uncertain dip of the head once more. The man smirked, bringing out two Pokeballs from his belt, before declaring, "This'll be a two on two battle! Only two Pokemon will be allowed for each side to use, trainers may choose to switch their Pokemon in and out whenever they wish, the Leaders, however, are exempted from this. The winner will receive the Boulder Badge."

"Looks like you'll have to take out two Pokemon, do you think you can do it?" Adel bent down and asked her Squirtle with a worried tone in her voice. The Pokemon on the other hand, gave a confident "Squirt!", brimming with self-esteem, as if she was trying to tell her training that she had full belief in their abilities as they eyes locked. The girl felt a sense of relief, at least one of them wasn't so troubled. She rose to her full height, giving Brock a more tenacious nod the third time.

"Go, Geodude!" Brock threw the round object to the center of the field, the burst of light releasing a floating Pokemon (which was, yet again, grey) with a circular body and two arms, other than the large face it had, the Pokemon had no other special features, it was a simple Pokemon.

"Don't belittle my Pokemon, I have an even greater one up my sleeve!" Brock commented sharply.

"Squirtle! Show'em what you've got!" Adel commanded her companion as soon as the Geodude appeared on the battlefield, her Pokemon charging into the fray at her order. Brock didn't seem the least bit disturbed that he was facing a Water type, despite the obvious disadvantage.

"Tackle right away!" He swiftly shouted before his opponent had a chance to react, the Geodude colliding roughly into Squirtle's shell. The damaged Pokemon staggered dizzily for a few moments, before shaking her head and regained her momentum, "Withdraw!" Adel said before Brock could have a chance to give his second command. Squirtle drew herself into her brown shell, hardening with a flash of silver.

"Tackle! Their defence isn't that strong!" Brock sighed, shaking his head as his Rock type banged himself hard against Squirtle's shell, what a waste of a move that had been. If Adel had ordered for a water attack, perhaps she could have taken down the Geodude in one shot. The Leader's mind quickly reverted back into the present, as Adel ordered her Pokemon to perform yet another withdraw.

Brock could not help but feel slightly irritated.

"Doesn't it know more than that attack?"

Adel did not answer, as Squirtle emerged from her shell as soon as she completed her third withdraw technique. The girl stared questionable at the Geog, still in full health, while her Squirtle had suffered multiple hurt despite her toughened defense.

"... Withdraw, again!"

"You're really obstinate," Brock shook his head with disbelief, ordering Geodude to go in for another tackle. As soon as Squirtle came out from her iron hard home, the Rock type slammed dangerously into her, causing her to fly back a few feet. The Water type struggled to her feet, her movements had slowed down quite considerably since the start of the battle.

"... Bubble!” A stream of bubbles shot out of the Squirtle’s mouth as soon as the command was heard, making harsh contact with the Geodude before Brock could do anything to defend himself from the attack. The Gym Leader frowned as his Pokemon shook off the suds, an exhausted look overcoming the floating being. “ Tackle!” Brock shouted out, his damaged Pokemon performing the command as fast as its injured reflexes would allow him to.

“Bubble once more!” Another jet of foam poured from the Water type, as the two attacks met in the middle of the field and a mini eruption of bubbles obscured the trainers’ views. As soon as the sea of froth cleared, only one Pokemon could be seen standing proudly on the ground.

That was Squirtle.