View Full Version : Flygon or Salamence?

April 21st, 2008, 3:01 PM
which one do you prefer and why?

April 21st, 2008, 3:07 PM
100% Salamence! Strong N powerful

April 21st, 2008, 3:13 PM
100% Flygon, although I once liked Salamence.
But I turned to like the cuter one.

April 21st, 2008, 7:51 PM
I like how flygon looks and how strong he is, but so what if he is weakness to a few other types...

April 21st, 2008, 8:25 PM
Salamence is better by far in battling, but Flygon totally wins in cool points...so I'm split. Flygon has the cool rock resist, so I'll go with it.

April 21st, 2008, 9:25 PM
Salamence for sure. It's name just says too powerful

April 22nd, 2008, 12:37 AM
for some reason i always agree with Brock lee......i didn't say my opinion so.....salamence has stronger movepool than flygon........but flygon is a good spdefenser isn't he?

April 22nd, 2008, 12:52 AM
Put Flygon and Salamence on a competitive scale and Salamence completely owns it, breaking the scales sending flygon "flying". Salamence is one of the most versatile and destructive powerhouses around. And Flygon cool? Salamence even looks like a beast! Not to mention Salamence has a classic storybook "lifestory" behind it on it's dream to fly. Salamence all the way in this one. No doubt. Only thing I would take over salamence in this comparison is Flygon gets stealth rock resistence which Salamence dislikes.

April 22nd, 2008, 4:55 AM
Ummmm, appearance wise, flygon has more efficient legz! lol

April 22nd, 2008, 7:59 AM
I really don't like dragon types at all... both of them are probably in my group of least-favourite pokemon.
If I had to pick, I'd pick Flygon though... I think the only pokemon I like less than Salamence is Bidoof.

April 22nd, 2008, 8:03 AM
Salamence because I own a level 100 one?
I dont know why, I just like Sala better :/

April 22nd, 2008, 5:28 PM
Flygon -It can learn sweet moves and lives in the desert, and Thats CooL.

April 22nd, 2008, 6:32 PM
Salamence because of the variety of moves it could learn and it looks cooler [i don't like flygons big eyes-_-]

April 22nd, 2008, 9:38 PM
Meh, this is a tough choice for me...

Salamence's cool looking, and better at battling, everyone knows that, it's movesets are just awesome, whether it be Specsmence, Mixmence, DDmence, CBmence... Just... Cool.

Flygon... I just love the thing, the way it looks... I do like its movesets, but of course they're not as good as Mence's, but still...

Man... Yeah... I think Imma vote for Flygon... I don't know what it is... But Flygon's just cooler to me.

April 23rd, 2008, 7:51 PM
Salamance there is no question i had both of them but Salamance kick Butt Go salamance

April 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Two things, BOTH have the weaknesses of Ice-types and BOTH have cool movesets. Right? So I'm sticking to the Both of 'em. Hands down.

Moonlit Umbreon
April 23rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
FLYGON FTW! >D Well the thing that won me over with it was the fact that it could learn a variety of TM/HM moves in which gives a critical KO advantage to almost any pokemon it battles with. =D

April 24th, 2008, 12:09 AM

April 24th, 2008, 8:48 AM
Flygon owns. Salamence is just a dragon to me, Flygon looks awesome.
I've always loves flygon since I saw it in Ruby when I was fighting the E4.

May 2nd, 2008, 6:32 AM
Salamence for gaming purposes. If they really existed, Flygon would be so cool~

May 2nd, 2008, 8:11 AM
Salamence, it has a cooler cry from what I remember.

May 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
I pick Salamence. Very strong, powerful and VERY big. Flygon is also okay. Not that bad though.

May 2nd, 2008, 4:26 PM
Salamence, because Specsmence pwns...

May 2nd, 2008, 9:46 PM
I love them both. Salamance might be better for me in battle, but Flygon is lovely and adorable. Plus he had a great typing that was unique.

All until freaking GARCHOMP came along and made him completely obsolete augh why Garchomp WHY

May 2nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Salamence has the obvious win in this category fellas. Stats and everything else is better about it. But I also prefer Flygon, the less aggressive type for my liking. Flygon has slightly less stats though -_-

May 2nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
DEFINITELY Salamance. Its one of my favourite Pokémon!

May 3rd, 2008, 5:09 AM

But seriously, Salamence. Thing will mess you up.

May 3rd, 2008, 5:46 AM
Salamence because it totally outclasses Flygon on a competitive scale in terms of versatility and power. Flygon was prized in Adv for EQ/RS resistance which allowed it to be a decent counter to Ttar.
Since the advent of D/P however, Garchomp completely outclasses Flygon in all stats (except a tie in Special Attack). Flygon stopped being a primarily offensive pokemon, it now has Roost/U-turn to be different from Garchomp, but 80/80/80 defences don't cut it. The need to counter Garchomp has also introduced an almost mandatory rule for a team to carry an Ice move that could end Garchomp's sweep, which in turn directly affected Flygon.

Salamence however gained a lot on D/P with Draco Meteor. The amount of powerful physical attackers this generation also boosts the value of Intimidate and allows Salamence to function as a physical wall given Fighting resistance and access to Roost.

May 3rd, 2008, 6:34 AM
Salamence is far better strengthwise, but it really looked crappy. Flygon, it looks cool. :D

I vote Salamence

May 4th, 2008, 1:20 AM
Flygon, looks a lot better and it's a lot cooler than Salamence in my opinion.

May 4th, 2008, 1:37 AM
While Salamence is stronger, I prefer Flygon. I used it in my first time playing English Ruby to help me beat the Elite Four, and I prefer its design.

May 4th, 2008, 2:13 AM
HO HO WIGGAS, its in the first episode of pokemon, gotta love the oldies

May 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I'll take Flygon over salamence. It's easier to find and is Ground-type as well as dragon-type, which makes it invicble to electric attacks. A couple thunderbolts and salamnce is done.

phantom ???
May 4th, 2008, 1:40 PM
i have a lvl 50 salamence and i can beat the elite four sinch with it but my flygon lvl 54 is also good but doesn't have pure att and def and also my blaziken is lvl 100 so suck whoever had that lvl 99 blaziken. and i hope you don't have the regi's

i like the way flygon looks it looks sick as but when you have it on your side of the field it looks like a retart

May 4th, 2008, 1:47 PM
Hmm... This is pretty close for me. Both are pretty awesome, but I'd have to go with Salemence. Why? Teeth. Salemence has teeth, Flygon doesn't. Teeth are scarier than bug eyes.

Flygon has the cooler type combo though ;)

EDIT: Woot! 100 posts even!

May 7th, 2008, 6:05 PM
Flygon's cooler looking, Salamence is better for battle.

May 7th, 2008, 9:42 PM
Flygon, 'cuz it looks cooler.

Krome Jr.
May 8th, 2008, 4:17 AM
I choose Salamence all the way because it can defeat flygon and any other dragon poke'mon.

May 8th, 2008, 4:21 AM
Flygon looks cute[r], but Salamence gets my vote...

I kinda pitied him when he was a Bagon and he aspired to fly...

May 8th, 2008, 4:40 AM
Def' Salamence... Its the best looking dragon pokemon to me... but... the coolest looking would be Giratina... wooooo.....

May 8th, 2008, 5:37 AM
Of course Salamence. It's my one of favorites and it is my first Dragon Pokemon in 3rd Generation that is Shiny [I catch a Shiny Bagon].

The Beast
May 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Salamence all the way because it looks unstoppable.

May 8th, 2008, 1:32 PM
My all time favorite Pokemon is Flygon. I just love it, but Salamence is my second favorite. I not judging by movesets and power though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 8th, 2008, 4:47 PM
Flygon might have lower stats, but I like his design better. He also gets STAB on Earthquake and resists Stealth Rock. Doesn't QUITE make up for the stat difference, but it's close enough that I prefer him over Sala.