View Full Version : Is Pokémon set in the future?

April 23rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Is D/P set in this decade or do you think in the games its already 2056 or 2503 or 4201?

April 23rd, 2008, 1:32 AM
Well could be a future that nintendo knows about. Justis putting it in asimple cartoony version so they can cover the fact that they have pikachus in there labs pumping enenrgy into tokyo. How else can you explain the lights to be so many.

April 23rd, 2008, 8:00 AM
If it is set in the future it can't be too far ahead of us. We practically have the same technology.

April 23rd, 2008, 8:17 AM
Except for pokeballs, poketechs, pokecenters, and, oh, what's the word, oh yeah, pokemon.

April 23rd, 2008, 8:58 AM
Υeah but we can create pokemon. Through bio-technology we can fuse molecules of electricity with the molecules of a rat to create pikachu except it won't be so you know fictional.

April 23rd, 2008, 9:00 AM
Υeah but we can create pokemon. Through bio-technology we can fuse molecules of electricity with the molecules of a rat to create pikachu except it won't be so you know fictional.

so you mean that we can create pokemon?that's impossible

April 23rd, 2008, 10:06 AM
pokemons are not set so far in future
but i dont think we can create them....
not yet:)

April 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
You can't say its impossible. You have molecular structures to re-work and everything like transporting and creating infinite voids so your pokemon can stay in a ball. It can be done but not yet.

April 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
I'd say it's set in the near future. I mean, the houses are basically the same.. but then again, they have some hi-tech labs and stuff.

April 23rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
pokemon are creations of fantasy but maybe we can create them with intelligent experiments only.i always talk about the distant future......
(boohoo!i won't be there......)

April 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well like I keep stating the most important factor is the molecular structure. We get that worked out breaing and reassembling the structure then anythigis somewhat possible.

April 23rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
yeah but something that is made by fantasy is difficult to be created......

April 23rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
We shall create pokemon eventually...

Once you see a talking cat we got a Meowth!

April 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Trueabout fantasy but why make it exatly like the ones we know. We would have them real worlded not fantasy worlded.

April 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
that's a good opinion you have here but wouldn't we destroy something?(don't know exactly what.....any opinions?)

April 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
Like what?! Beisdes the balance of life and the quantum psysics,fabrics of space and everything logical.
I mean imagine having dragons fighting snakes of rock in your backyard. OMG there goesgravity.

April 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
yeah that would be cool! i hope i could live in the real pokemon world though.....

April 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Die and ask god for that. He would probsbly say yes.

April 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
lolz!but i wonder if he could send me there....you know pokemon are weird their world is weird.....too much weirdness......

April 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Ι say once you die god sends you to the parralel demension of your choice or fantasy. So in other words: The universe we live in is the real one and there are billions-trillions-zillions out there for every person/soul.

April 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
wow!you could surely become a phychologist!have you ever thought of that?lolz!!!!!

April 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
I know the same thign istold to me from my friends. Unfrotanelty I have the worst grades to get a degree to go to a collage for that and I am way into culinary. Yes you are reading right. I will be a chef with the capibility to psyco-anylaze a person while having a large amount of expereince in computers. Anyweh
On-topic: I wanna see video-phones all over the country. And the ability to transport stuff. We ould stop world hunger.

April 23rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
anyways.......try not to post too much about yourself.not that is annoying but you understand it's off topic

April 23rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
I know I got off topic and I said that. But really now imagine walking through the park and a wolf like mightyenna comes up to you ready to eat you. In a world with balled up creatures you fick one out and unleash the pain. Also legendaries would be pokemon like mewtwo. Powerful creations gone wrong.

April 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
if i was walking through the park and had seen a mightyena i would have surely run away.....and when i had went home i would get in the bathroom immediately.....oh my!look at my trousers!haha! lolz#8

April 23rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Good point there but I am a mans man. I see wolf I fight to death. Not go home brown.

April 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
okay but we are off topic now as you see.if you have something to add,add it

April 23rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Pokemon is in the future.

Look at Team Rocket's Mechas
Look at the flying cars
Look at the super advanced technology

Obviously its set a good amount of yeas in the future

April 23rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
technology will always be keeping up with the world.as the years go by,everything will be changing even pokemon but i'm not sure if we will like them as how they will be then......

April 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
An idea. Anyweh imagine though transformers. Thats more realistic.

April 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
robots?maybe......they will be doing more things and they will helping people a lot!
(not talking about transformers but typical robots)

April 23rd, 2008, 3:38 PM
Well they could be an alien race we adoped, cloned and set free for world population, then they possibly could exist... pokeball no explenation for, sorry

April 24th, 2008, 2:19 AM
as for pokeballs,it would be cool......yeah........but how can anyone make one?

April 24th, 2008, 2:42 AM
By taking molecular structures and deasembling them with nanotechnology built in somewere. I read to many science books.

April 24th, 2008, 2:50 AM
i like your chemisrial-psycological-technological<(lolz here) opinions.......

A Loc BK
April 24th, 2008, 2:57 AM
I saw pokemon at sea world!!!!

April 24th, 2008, 3:00 AM
what do you mean ''sea world''?what is that?