PDA

View Full Version : What is the meaning of life?

Sexycheese
April 23rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
Ok i made this thread in the wrong place last time so lets start again...what is the meaning of life?

dribbly
April 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
To duplicate our species to the end of the universe and to destroy that which gets in our way. But most people will tell you that theres is none and that 'you have to make your own meaning' blah blah blah...

xghost
April 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
the meaning of life is to DIE. :D

Gummy
April 23rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
The meaning of life for me is to leave my mark on the world, no matter how small. If you do something significant that people learn about in other generations, then in a sense you've become immortalized.

Gerri Shin
April 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
Ok so I'm really not supposed to do this (I'm supposed to let you all figure this out on your own) but anyway here is the answer to the meaning of life
The answer to the meaning of life is.....42!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

peirateis
April 23rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Ok so I'm really not supposed to do this (I'm supposed to let you all figure this out on your own) but anyway here is the answer to the meaning of life

Haha, I chuckled at that...
'The meaning of life is not a question.'

Being a Christian, I gotta say that the meaning of life is to glorify God. Then die, and spend eternity with Him. :]

Binary
April 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
The meaning of life is to have fun while it lasts and then suffer a miserable death when it ends.
Yeah, thats pretty much it.

Cassino
April 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Invalid question, life has no meaning.

Virtual Chatot
April 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Obviously to make babies and then die -_-

Spaekle Oddberry
April 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
To live it and enjoy it, really.

Since I'm not religious or anything, I don't believe that I have any 'bigger duties to fulfill' or anything like that. I just do what I have to to stay alive and make it fun for myself. If I sit around worrying about why I'm here and getting myself all stressed out over what the point of it all is, I'd be wasting a lot of time I could be using to eat fried ice cream or draw pictures or plant trees. That's why I don't worry about it much. :]

JX Valentine
April 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM

Blast. So much for being able to make a Hitchhiker's Guide reference.

Seriously, it is what you make of it. I personally think that life really has no overall point until the person living it comes along and gives it a meaning. Technically, one could say that means that life has no point, but really, it just means life is a sheet of paper just waiting for someone to come along and use it. Or something like that.

So, if you want it to have no meaning, then it has no meaning. If you want it to be about making babies and dying, then it's about making babies and dying. Humanity as a whole will never agree on what exactly life means, so they'll all essentially go out and fulfill their lives differently. Some will procreate like there's no tomorrow and die feeling they've lived a fruitful (no pun intended) life. Others will never have children but climb mountains, find the cure to the common cold, and do other self-fulfilling stuff, and they'll die feeling they've lived a fruitful life. Others might spend their entire lives doing nothing but living for God, and when they die, they'll think they've lived a fruitful life. Others might do nothing at all but slack off and feel good about themselves, and when they die, they're probably not going to look back on their lives and say they wish they could've done something more. Since all of these people die feeling as if they've fulfilled their lives, then maybe all that means is, literally, there is no right answer past it's what you make it.

...In other words, the meaning of life is exactly what dribbly says is a pile of steaming bull. But it works for me. *thumbs up*

Tater Tot
April 23rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm christian, so for me the meaning of life is a stop on the way to heaven. And to do good things for people, being nice, helping the world. So then I can rest peacefully in heaven. To those of people who aren't christian: It's 42.

Merzbau
April 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
There is no objective meaning to life. Life is what you make of it.

Don't life live searching for the meaning, live it to make your own.

bna_li
April 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
There's no real meaning to life unless you give it meaning.

Samurai X
April 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Whatever you want it to be. People will give you different answers and that's because there is no definitive answer. If you want the meaning of your life to be to someday go to Mexico or any other random thing then that's what the meaning of your life is. Only you know what the meaning of your life is. The meaning of mine and the meaning of some one else's are different. If you think too much into it you will soon find yourself asking question after question and never finding the right answer. That's because only you know the answer to your particular life and no one else can answer it for you. Again, if you think too much into it and want to know what the meaning of life is in general then you'll never find it because no one knows. The scientific meaning is to live, reproduce, and die. That's the striaght to the point answer to the meaning of life in general, if you want a deep and profound answer you won't find it because it doesn't exist, at least not generally.

bruom
April 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
the meaning of life... meaning.. life... we all have heard these word together many times, haven't we? and why? 'cuz noone can give you the reason of life. they just try. do they answer wrong? NO. do they answer right? NO. its "half correct". everything we do is the meaning of our life. if you eat some potatoes, then thats part of the meaning of your life.
however, how can i be sure? its impossible to be sure of anything. I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.
maybe, the meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life. so, we all have discovered it...? just a theory...
altough i cant give you the exact and correct meaning of life, heres a "pearl of knowledge", that my friend has created:
"Don't waste your life. It's too short for it. Also, don't wait for something. It's too long for it. Enjoy your stay in this world. Make friends, have fun, make and reach your own goals. But, most of all, don't worry doing anything. The true is that you have to enjoy! Have a good life!"

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
April 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Knowledge, then love, then happiness, then transcendence.

mystletainn
April 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM

All I've seen from you lately is grumpy, pessimistic posts. :( Be happy.

I actually have to agree with what Careful said. Without love and knowledge, I can't see a meaning to life.

Jaimes
April 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
There is no correct answer to the meaning of life question, as it is an opinion.

(Though to be honest, some opinions are flawed).

Amoeba
April 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
All I've seen from you lately is grumpy, pessimistic posts. :( Be happy.

I fail to see how saying 'life has no meaning' is pessimistic.

I agree with it - personally, and many will have the right to disagree, I don't think there is a pre-determined meaning to our existence. Any meaning is purely self-made, and thus I live to fufill whatever I like regardless of why I'm here... I don't think there is a reason.

Superjub
April 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
To get tortured and tied to a wall while getting slapped by a banana skin when we're children, to have underage sexual intercourse when we're teens ectectra.
Seriously, I think the meaning of life is love, wealth and knowledge in my opinion.

Cynic Kaka
April 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
To make love to May

Actually, i Know what the meaning of life is...

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
An account of a person's life; a biography.
Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

Superjub, hey. Reply to PM i sent

[QUOTE=Superjub;3533667]To get tortured and tied t a wall while getting slapped by a banana skin when we're children, to have underage sexual intercourse when we're teens ectectra. QUOTE]

<_< >_> I told you, May XD

Avey
April 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Forty three, you have to add one for elitism.

As for the meaning of life, there isn't one. Why must there be a reason behind anything, hm?

FourFourTwo
April 26th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Cheese.

I wish there wasnt a character limit, so that cheese could be the only thing worth posting here (seeing as cheese is the only thing worth living life)

Andelc
April 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
The meaning of life for me Is to

get to heaven, have fun and be happy.

While trying to make the world a better place.
:D

Squeenix
April 26th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Survuve, ahhh stop asking these questions, your making my head hurt!!I hate thinking!!

ShadowofTime01
April 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
To better ourselves and the rest of humanity through our actions and deeds, our life if you will.

Acrutheo
April 27th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Biologically, it's the rather depressing fact that it is to reproduce and die. However, we as a species have evolved (or, if you like, were created) to do things above the simple, primitive instinct level. As such, the broadest possible meaning is to "be happy". This extends across multiple frontiers: for those who wish to help others, or act in the will of their god, or accumulate possessions, or enrich their minds, they all derive happiness from these activities. As contradictory as it may seem, even people who live to be miserable (not people who are genuinely depressed) derive a satisfaction of sorts from doing so.

Lumine
April 27th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Obviously to make babies and then die -_-

Best answer yet, I have to agree with this one.

Unlimited NiGHTS
April 27th, 2008, 05:02 AM

LOL, I'm only kidding.

The meaning of life is in serving, trusting, and loving your Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart, mind, and soul. Only then will you find true happiness.

PM me for more information if you want.

Ryoutarou
April 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
42. Fantastic win on levels untold.

The meaning of life is in serving, trusting, and loving your Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart, mind, and soul. Only then will you find true happiness.
Being pretty kinda religious, I could see this working for a lot of people, but I'm more willing to believe that every person has the an individual meaning to their own life.

♣Gawain♣
April 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
There is no definite meaning for life... It only depends on the person living of in different lives.

icomeanon6
April 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Normally I would cite something from my religion, but that seems rather tactless in this context. I'd say that the meaning of life is to do as much good for as many people as possible.

Live in Color
April 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I'd have to say... just to enjoy it. Make the best things out of it as you can, forget the bad. It can be tough sometimes, but you have to get through it because things will get better.

Tamaki
April 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM

I haven't seen one post by you that has thought and meaning put into it.

---
The meaning of life..

To start things off, we must believe everything happens for a reason. Yes, that sounds sooo cheesy, but think about it for a moment. The littlest things that happen to you do have some meaning behind them. You were used and lied to so that you could grow to truly understand what "unconditional love" is. You went through disease to find that the smallest things in life are often taken for granted. You saw someone suffer to realize that maybe your life isn't really as terrible as you pretend it is.

After thirteen years, I've come to this conclusion: Without pain there would be no happiness. Without hate there would be no love. People who are spoiled by everyone always adoring them and treating them like they're a god or goddess will be disappointed later in life when someone shows them what it means to be hated.

That was... the crappiest explanation of life ever, but hey, that's how I think. No one said you had to feel that way ;3
---

22sa
April 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Do what you want, as well as you want.

Luphinid Silnaek
April 28th, 2008, 06:45 AM
The only way complex molecules ever managed to survive and become cells is because in some way they attained the simple purpose of self-sustenance. (I can only assume self-expansion is a consequence or cause of this. One could say that surplus effort towards self-sustenance is self-expansion.) Thus the ultimate meaning of life is that which consciously sustains itself, and the purpose of life is self-conservation and furthering of the race (which is really a sub-purpose of the main meaning). Before us, things existed and ceased to exist without a care or effort.

I don't know why people threw the concept of souls into all this.

Biologically, it's the rather depressing fact that it is to reproduce and die. However, we as a species have evolved (or, if you like, were created) to do things above the simple, primitive instinct level. As such, the broadest possible meaning is to "be happy". This extends across multiple frontiers: for those who wish to help others, or act in the will of their god, or accumulate possessions, or enrich their minds, they all derive happiness from these activities. As contradictory as it may seem, even people who live to be miserable (not people who are genuinely depressed) derive a satisfaction of sorts from doing so.

But isn't it so that happiness finds its root in (as I said) self-sustenance? The basic cause of happiness is benefit to the body, the advanced cause is benefit to the psyche. It can't be seen as an elemental concept of life, since in the cases of drug addicts it's actually used to somewhat nihilistic meaninglessness.

Acrutheo
April 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM
But isn't it so that happiness finds its root in (as I said) self-sustenance? The basic cause of happiness is benefit to the body, the advanced cause is benefit to the psyche. It can't be seen as an elemental concept of life, since in the cases of drug addicts it's actually used to somewhat nihilistic meaninglessness.
I see your point, and what you say makes total sense. Since happiness, as you correctly point out is caused by benefits to the body and psyche, a more accurate description would be "the pursuit of happiness", I think.

Unlimited NiGHTS
April 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Being pretty kinda religious, I could see this working for a lot of people, but I'm more willing to believe that every person has the an individual meaning to their own life.

They still do. I never said that there was only one way to serve God, now, did I?

Jaimes
April 29th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Without pain there would be no happiness. Without hate there would be no love.
Actually pain and happiness are not just emotions but physiological responses and your concept is on an impossible situation that won't ever occur.

Don't you mean Mohammed or Zeus? I guess that means the majority of mankind fails at life. lulz.

I see your point, and what you say makes total sense. Since happiness, as you correctly point out is caused by benefits to the body and psyche, a more accurate description would be "the pursuit of happiness", I think.
It would be flawed to say that an emotion or engaging a mental process is the meaning of life, because obviously humans are not the only living thing on this planet. Plants, fungi, microorganisms, fish and invertebrates have little or no coordination over their actions and are unable to have normal human-like cognitions.

Acrutheo
April 29th, 2008, 02:12 AM
dont ever use elctric moves on rock poekmon unless your a nub...
That point was carried on from my original post, which focused on the human aspect of the meaning of life.

Luphinid Silnaek
April 29th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Actually pain and happiness are not just emotions but physiological responses and your concept is on an impossible situation that won't ever occur.

Surgically remove the glands and brain portions which create those emotions and you're done.

It would be flawed to say that an emotion or engaging a mental process is the meaning of life, because obviously humans are not the only living thing on this planet. Plants, fungi, microorganisms, fish and invertebrates have little or no coordination over their actions and are unable to have normal human-like cognitions.

I suppose, then, the very basic root of happiness I was talking about would do? All the creatures you referred to can fail or flourish at self-sustenance.

Hat?
April 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
My opinion is there is no meaning behind being alive. I think alot of humans just create reasons to cover up the whole pointlessness of life, including suicide being too painful :laugh:.

Shadowed Fate
May 1st, 2008, 04:51 AM
In my opinion, life is somewhat like a challenge, a dare. We face hurdles and obstacles which we should try and cross, instead of chickening out.

I believe we should enjoy life in the fullest, by taking it head on. Enjoying life, facing sorrows bravely. That's what it's all about.

Lady Nicole
May 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
To make love to May

Actually, i Know what the meaning of life is...

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
An account of a person's life; a biography.
Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

That sounds more like a description of life to me... =|

I think the meaning of life is just an opinion.

My opinion is: to learn and then to teach, and to reduce the amount of suffering in one's own life (yeah, very jolly). Nothing good in life lasts, and that includes life itself; that leads to the deaths of loved ones, which leads to grief and suffering. All in all, the more we grow attatched to something, the more we try to hold onto it, and the more we grieve. We need to be more accepting of the way things are in life so that we are less affected when something good ends, and when that good is still existing we should enjoy it to the fullest, but at the same time realising and accepting the fact that it won't last forever (without depressing ourselves over it either :\). That, in turn, reduces suffering. In other words, the meaning of life is to enjoy it as much as we possibly can, and to teach and help others to do the same =D And IMO, birth and death are important experiences of life, not the meaning of it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but humans are the only animals who don't seem to realise that... :\

txteclipse
May 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Humans are interesting in that they understand the concept of good and evil. This dates back to the times of Adam and Eve, who according to the Bible commited the original sin. Before that point, they only knew goodness, as it was all that existed. However, when Satan tempted them to sin, he offered them "the knowledge of God", which is the ability to discern between good and evil. The only way they could have that knowledge was to sin by disobeying God, which is ironic because that was the only way evil could exist in the first place.

So when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge, two things happened: evil entered the world through their sin, and they recognized that evil with their newfound knowledge. Humanity was basically doomed from that point onward, as the very nature of sin and evil causes death and destruction and a conglomeration of...well...evil things. The only way to atone for sin at that point was to sacrifice things such as animals or crops and the like.

Jump forward a couple thousand years, and Jesus is born. He was a normal human child, except he was also the physical embodiment of God. He led a blameless life, and then was sacrificed on the cross. At that moment, he shouldered the evil in the world, taking it all upon himself. Then he came back to life three days later, after having payed the price for humanity's sin, which as I said before is death. In a way, he was the ultimate sacrifice, the final atonement for humanity's evil.

So what is the meaning of life, then? It is to recognize Jesus as our savior, as the one that payed the price for our sin, taking our place in death. If we acknowledge that he died for us, we show that we understand that his sacrifice allows us to live forever, since death is no longer a problem. Then we tell others about Jesus, because we want them to know that their sins are covered, that they do not need to fear death anymore. Finally, we follow the will of God, admitting that his knowledge is superior to our own for one simple reason: humanity failed in resisting sin (Adam and Eve), and God did not (Jesus). That and he made the universe, so he pretty much knows everything.

That's my take. Make of it what you will.

The Confuzzler
May 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM
The meaning of life - IMO - is to be happy even through the hardest of times and over come any challenge. Then we will be loved and have a family and home and still live it to it's fullest. Then die but know you had a good time on earth - and probly have a better one in heaven :D -

Caina
May 11th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I guess the answer depends on every person from what I'm reading this thread...

And as for me... life is nothing. No meaning. Pointless.
My everyday experiences just makes me feel sick of life...

Anyways...
that's what I feel though. But I wonder why I haven't committed death. o_o

Au Revoir.

Virtual Chatot
May 11th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I find this thread sickening that people would take it upon themselves to poke fun at people for their personal opinions.

Burgers Rule
May 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
"Thou shall never know the meaning of life. If the meaning of life is known, what quests partake that cannot be answered by the given answer of life."
-Burgers Rule, 2008

Anyway, well life has no specific meaning. To one person it might be to cure sickness, for another it might be to serve cheeseburgers. Each meaning is different for each person.

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I find this thread sickening that people would take it upon themselves to poke fun at people for their personal opinions.

I find this thread sickening due to the fact that people are so hopeless when there is so obviously hope for those who would take it.

Yes, I'm talking about Christ.

El Gofre
May 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
My interperatation of the word "meaning" means that the purpose was pre-determined in an attempt to fulfill a task or complete a function. So to me, should life have a meaning, translate as that we are here to fulfill a role created by a higher purpose who created life itself- What i can only describe as, for a god or gods. However, the only scale of power we have is that which we have created ourselves. For all we know the higher powers in which we hypothesise could all be a ruse created by, for want of a better example, the creator of an elaborate computer program in which we are generated, eg the matrix. (Urgh, i hate that film and being forced to refer to it.)

In short: For life to have meaning would imply we were created for a specific pupose by something above ourselves. And be "we" i mean all life, not just humanity.

I believe the contrary. I believe that we are a random occurence void of any pre-determined purpose.

Sexycheese
May 13th, 2008, 11:55 PM
To get tortured and tied to a wall while getting slapped by a banana skin when we're children, to have underage sexual intercourse when we're teens ectectra.
Seriously, I think the meaning of life is love, wealth and knowledge in my opinion.

Ok......That is certainly original and the one about the meaning of life being 42 was amusing I must say.

You all have very intersting opinions but I belive that life has a predefined meaning beacuse God has a special purpose for everyone Be it a huge effect that will mark history for all time or something small such as making someone elses life happy.

By fufiling this purpose and doing the right thing we gain entrance to heaven
If you do wrong things (I think we do our predefined purpose sometimes without even realising it) but If you are evil you go to hell and well....Have a horible time until the day of judgement. If you are neither good or evil you go to purgatory.

Thats my opinion anyway:nervous:

I find this thread sickening due to the fact that people are so hopeless when there is so obviously hope for those who would take it.

Yes, I'm talking about Christ.

Unlimited nights, I started this thread and I am a strict Catholic so please do not insult other peoples belifs! I would report you if you were not a Pc supporter as I am not sure if I can report you but I will have a go anyway! This thread is to put forward your own thoughts, not insult others!!!!!!

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 14th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Ok......That is certainly original and the one about the meaning of life being 42 was amusing I must say.

You all have very intersting opinions but I belive that life has a predefined meaning beacuse God has a special purpose for everyone Be it a huge effect that will mark history for all time or something small such as making someone elses life happy.

By fufiling this purpose and doing the right thing we gain entrance to heaven
If you do wrong things (I think we do our predefined purpose sometimes without even realising it) but If you are evil you go to hell and well....Have a horible time until the day of judgement. If you are neither good or evil you go to purgatory.

Thats my opinion anyway:nervous:

Unlimited nights, I started this thread and I am a strict Catholic so please do not insult other peoples belifs! I would report you if you were not a

I'm not insulting them or their beliefs. I'm merely stating that the fact that people can be so hopeless when there's obviously hope there to be had is sickening. As a Catholic, you should share my feelings. Besides, you're the one who double-posted, which is against the rules.

That said, I should tell you that the Bible itself tells us that no works can get us into heaven. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to My Father, save by me." This means that the only way into heaven is by trusting Him. What we do doesn't matter in this respect. Also, the Bible gives no evidence that purgatory exists, but gives plenty that it doesn't. I'll tell you more about that later, if you like. This thread isn't the place for it.

Sexycheese
May 14th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I'm not insulting them or their beliefs. I'm merely stating that the fact that people can be so hopeless when there's obviously hope there to be had is sickening. As a Catholic, you should share my feelings. Besides, you're the one who double-posted, which is against the rules.

That said, I should tell you that the Bible itself tells us that no works can get us into heaven. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to My Father, save by me." This means that the only way into heaven is by trusting Him. What we do doesn't matter in this respect. Also, the Bible gives no evidence that purgatory exists, but gives plenty that it doesn't. I'll tell you more about that later, if you like. This thread isn't the place for it.

.....Vey well......pm me.....I am listening.....
I am afraid I reported you though

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM
.....Vey well......pm me.....I am listening.....
I am afraid I reported you though

The mods will see that we resolved this, so if anything, I'll only get a warning. Well, unless the mod is in a very bad mood, but that's unlikely.

Sexycheese
May 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
The mods will see that we resolved this, so if anything, I'll only get a warning. Well, unless the mod is in a very bad mood, but that's unlikely.

Ok.......:tired:
You are probably right that you will get a warning at worst

Jaimes
May 14th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I'm not insulting them or their beliefs. I'm merely stating that the fact that people can be so hopeless when there's obviously hope there to be had is sickening.

Actually calling people "sickening" and "hopeless" because they don't believe the same thing is as you is quite offensive in my opinion.
Also stating your belief as factual, knowing that others will not share it for obvious reasons, is somewhat queryable.

Going back on topic...
If all life on earth stopped, such as due to a catastrophe of most epic proportions, then there would be no one remaining to care, (unless aliens found it). Would there be no 'meaning of life'?

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 14th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Actually calling people "sickening" and "hopeless" because they don't believe the same thing is as you is quite offensive in my opinion.
Also stating your belief as factual, knowing that others will not share it for obvious reasons, is somewhat queryable.

I'm sorry, but if you can't believe historical fact, there is clearly something very wrong with you. But hey, if that's how you want to live, far be it from me to stop you.

Cartmic
May 14th, 2008, 02:23 AM
My belief is:
To praise God's creation. To love and gloryfiy the name of the Loving Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for the everything he's done and doing for for us.

"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son that who ever believes in him should not perish but have ever lasting life." John 3:16 (New King James Version)

Fantastic win on levels untold.

I believe God the Father has a plan for every one of us.

fade101
May 14th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Is it me or this thread is starting to sound like a sundays school... lol!
To me, life is all about taking risks, enjoy god's creations and errrr pretty much about food... wooot... life is nothing without brownies, cookies and coke!!

« Extraho »
May 14th, 2008, 05:27 AM
To me the meaning of life is to live, let live and enjoy life.

Forty three, you have to add one for elitism.

As for the meaning of life, there isn't one. Why must there be a reason behind anything, hm?Everything has a reason, just because you can't figure it out that doesn't mean there is no reason. I wouldn't kick my friend for no reason, would I? (Unless I am a xD). Also that would be a reason to kick him.

Lorem Ipsum
May 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
These philosophers have been missing something for quite some time.

The meaning of life revealed (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/life)

:P

JX Valentine
May 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM
but if you can't believe historical fact,

...What historical fact?

Regarding the concept of hope existing in the world, yes, there is, but it's not necessarily Jesus Christ. Hope is a state of mind, not an attainable abstract. To have hope, one must actually convince himself that there is a reason to have hope. Hope can be defined as anything, really -- the confidence of achieving one's own goals or the will to live, among other things (including, yes, faith). You can have hope and not be Christian, and possibly, having hope kept people together in historical times of tribulations. On the other hand, just having hope and never actually doing anything with it really doesn't work either. It's events that make history, not the abstract.

Regarding the idea that Christian philosophy is the meaning of life, for Christians, yes. Otherwise, well, roughly 1.8 billion Muslims and over 900 million Hindus can't be all wrong. (Really, when you look at it, Christians are outnumbered by the collection of the other religious entities in the world, and Catholics are only a percentage of Christians. To state that Christianity -- or any other faith, for that matter -- is the only religion automatically outcasts the majority of the rest of the world. That just doesn't seem right to me. It's not my place to say that many people are wrong. Especially since the pagans were here first.)

Jaimes
May 19th, 2008, 04:59 PM
...What historical fact?
Lol, I messaged him, pointing out that his belief weren't actually considered historical facts by the majority and linked Wikipedia to show some evidence.. He didn't even read my response, just sent the most ridiculous, arrogant and ignorant response imagineable.

It's in my sig. I thought it was pretty good XD

Michii
May 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Simply to live and to die. Of course, I really have a long, detailed answer, but seeing as society here today tends to ignore the lesser mortal, I've decided to keep my answer short and sweet.

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
...What historical fact?

Regarding the concept of hope existing in the world, yes, there is, but it's not necessarily Jesus Christ. Hope is a state of mind, not an attainable abstract. To have hope, one must actually convince himself that there is a reason to have hope. Hope can be defined as anything, really -- the confidence of achieving one's own goals or the will to live, among other things (including, yes, faith). You can have hope and not be Christian, and possibly, having hope kept people together in historical times of tribulations. On the other hand, just having hope and never actually doing anything with it really doesn't work either. It's events that make history, not the abstract.

Regarding the idea that Christian philosophy is the meaning of life, for Christians, yes. Otherwise, well, roughly 1.8 billion Muslims and over 900 million Hindus can't be all wrong. (Really, when you look at it, Christians are outnumbered by the collection of the other religious entities in the world, and Catholics are only a percentage of Christians. To state that Christianity -- or any other faith, for that matter -- is the only religion automatically outcasts the majority of the rest of the world. That just doesn't seem right to me. It's not my place to say that many people are wrong. Especially since the pagans were here first.)

Actually, yes, they can. The only reason we Christians are outnumbered is human stupidity. *looks at Jaimes* Christianity revolves around the fact that Christ died on the cross, came back three days later, and was seen by hundreds of people. If you can disprove that, we've got nothing, and we are to be pitied above all.

But it can't be disproven. The government back then couldn't produce the body; it was being used at the time. And it certainly can't be disproven now. Jaimes is really just your stereotypical human. I can declare several insults, and all would befit him well, but I already have him blocked, so there's really no point. If he wants to poke fun at us now, fine, because I know for a fact we'll have the last laugh.

Skeetendo, Inc.
May 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
42. It's the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

(Please note this is not what I honestly believe, I am actually a Christian. In fact, hopefully I soon will be licensed as a preacher.)

JX Valentine
May 19th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Actually, yes, they can. The only reason we Christians are outnumbered is human stupidity.

...So, basically, billions upon billions of people are automatically idiotic because they don't share your spiritual beliefs?

Personally, I believe that a lot of the Bible and Biblical accounts should be taken with a grain of salt. There's no actual evidence that disproves that it happened, yes, but there's none that proves that it did happen. Keep in mind that when it comes to religion, witness testimony back then tended to say a lot of different things. For example, one of the stories of the Greek god Dionysus claims that the god actually appeared before an entire city and, when he was denied as being a god, triggered a frenzy among the women of the city that eventually led to a mass murder. There's no actual evidence that it happened, but there's nothing to say that women weren't actually influenced by a mysterious young man into the brutal killing of at least one Greek. Likewise, the stories of the trials of Hercules is repeated numerous times throughout Greek literature and art, implying that there was actual belief and witnesses to his pursuits.

What I'm saying is that just because the New Testament said something happened doesn't mean it literally happened. After all, we're talking about the Bible here. Its predecessor and basis stated that the world was created in six days and that we're all the result of massive in-breeding and holy incest. (If it didn't happen with Adam and Eve's children, it happened with Noah and his family.)

Not to mention the government back then couldn't provide much of anything anyway. Do you really think that Jesus Christ was the only body an ancient government ever lost? Heck, even contemporary governments sucked at keeping track of bodies. (To this day, European and American governments can't figure out what happened to Thomas Paine.)

However, I'd like to say that I respect you that you follow those beliefs with the conviction that you do and that I'm not out to convince you to change them. The reason why I'm bothering to reply now is because, frankly, you're basically calling me an idiot (and attempting to use information based on religious speculation to back it up), which I honestly don't feel comfortable with and would like an apology for. To put it simply, I was raised a Jew and am currently a Deist. Therefore, I have not, nor have I ever, believed in the Christian doctrine. But that's fine, and I won't say that you're absolutely wrong for believing what you do. What I am saying is that it's insulting that you are right now attempting to press your beliefs onto others -- even if you're not entirely conscious of it -- by essentially stating that everything else is simply the result of human stupidity. Judaism, Deism, and every other religious or philosophical mindset are all perfectly valid forms of faith (with their own bases in historical fact, if we follow the same brand of logic as you've just applied). If you wish to declare them otherwise, please do so on a board for Christianity, where you're less likely to insult a number of its members. Otherwise, if you do it here, while you think you're aiming your comments at one person, another person could feel hurt because you're essentially stating that the beliefs that they've built their entire lives on are completely moronic. It's like telling you that Jesus Christ never existed and backing it up with quotations from another holy book. You're not going to feel that wonderful after that, and neither do the people who believe in X religion.

Amachi
May 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Unlimited NIGHTS, I suggest you change your tone immediately and go back to the topic. Really, you're only making yourself (and others), look foolish. Jax Malcom and Jaimes, if you wish to discuss this further with him, then do so via PM.

edit: lol, why did I take so long to type this up?

Sexycheese
May 20th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Actually, yes, they can. The only reason we Christians are outnumbered is human stupidity. *looks at Jaimes* .

no offence man but that is unfair! he don`t deserve that I mean I belive in God but I a`int gonna run around calling people arrogant (beeps) and saying millions of people are dumb. Cut it out please!

El Gofre
May 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Actually, yes, they can. The only reason we Christians are outnumbered is human stupidity. *looks at Jaimes* Christianity revolves around the fact that Christ died on the cross, came back three days later, and was seen by hundreds of people. If you can disprove that, we've got nothing, and we are to be pitied above all.

But it can't be disproven. The government back then couldn't produce the body; it was being used at the time. And it certainly can't be disproven now. Jaimes is really just your stereotypical human. I can declare several insults, and all would befit him well, but I already have him blocked, so there's really no point. If he wants to poke fun at us now, fine, because I know for a fact we'll have the last laugh.

I'm not sure I like this side to you unlimited. As it has already been said, the disbelief of something you feel strongly about does not account to stupidity. I admire people like you who can uphold and adhere to a way of life, i wish I had that discipline myself. But that quote was ignorant to say the least.

Also, I fail to see how the inability to disprove something also makes it reasonable fact. For want of a better example, it cannot be disproven that I wore red socks today, yet the lack of evidence against it does not constitute to it being an acceptable theory. Out of interest, which branch of Christianity would you catergorise yourself into?

LipstickTraces
May 20th, 2008, 08:55 AM
yeah agreeing to everyone else who said, there isnt a meaning to life as we know it. we make our own ;)

icomeanon6
May 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Actually, yes, they can. The only reason we Christians are outnumbered is human stupidity.

Speaking as a fellow Christian, I think that you are making the rest of us look awfully arrogant. While it is quite Christian to believe that we are correct, it is quite unchristian to state that everyone else is wrong because of stupidity. Have you ever heard the story of the good Samaritan? We should be accepting of and kind to all other peoples and creeds. Do you think that Jesus really wants you to insult those who do not believe that he is the son of God? If you wish to convince others to be Christian, do it by following Christ's words and actions.

Lily
May 20th, 2008, 08:40 PM
In class when a student asked our teacher what the meaning of life was, he took off his shoes, put them adjacent to his ears, closed his eyes and moonwalked out of the room.

Needless to say, an answer was not given.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
May 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
The meaning of life is discovering what the meaning of life is.

Zet
May 20th, 2008, 09:12 PM
the meaning of life can be anything, though i generally think man is not meant to know the answer

Orange Meganium
May 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
The meaning of life is to plant trees.Because in my opinion,plants are superior to humans.

q2r5o900
May 20th, 2008, 11:32 PM
life is a special thing for humans and this is my life of my life because i have never died even when i got stabed in the belly i was still alive

Sexycheese
June 10th, 2008, 05:25 AM
No one has posted for a while :(

Cruelty And The Beast
June 10th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Pokemon, silly =]
what else could is possibly be?! =D

Amachi
June 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM
No one has posted for a while :(
Off topic posting isn't permitted in any forum. Really, if a thread is dying and you don't have anything constructive to contribute, then there's no need to post there at all.

Noah Ridgewood
June 10th, 2008, 06:11 AM
This is such a silly question. The meaning of life is 42!

The meaning of life is discovering what the meaning of life is.

I'm going to have to agree with this. It usually takes someone their whole life to discover why they're here, what their purposes are, and what goals they have to fulfill in order to live a successful life and then discover why they are who they are because everything in life has a purpose.

Cruelty And The Beast
June 10th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Well, I have very strong faith (I'm an Odinist - its a form of Germanic paganism) and I feel that I have purpose. But it doesn't make me feel complete.
Because the real challenge is living by that meaning which it gives you.

MissMegano
June 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I think the meaning of life is to be happy, have fun, and enjoy yourself. God seems like a pretty great guy, and I'm sure he'd do this for us. :D

Silver
June 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM

Darnit Gerri, you beat me to that punch. :p

Patchy
June 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I think we come to Earth with an idea of want we want to do. But then we forget; so to me the meaning of life is to do your best to do what you had planned to do. Or, you come to Earth to be a better soul, and Earth is a sort of test to do that.

God
June 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Ok i made this thread in the wrong place last time so lets start again...what is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is to eat all the cookies in the cookie jar.
What did you think it was for? To reproduce?

The_G'
June 12th, 2008, 05:50 AM
The meaning of life is having friends and have fun while it lasts. If thats not it then life has no meaning and the world will return to pitch black void so have fun while it lasts really Cause the world will be destroyed someday.

Avolition
June 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Sex and drugs. Everyone knows that. =\

MightyMightyena
June 14th, 2008, 03:36 PM

HA I was just gonna say that! 42 is awesome!

Victoria~
June 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
The meaning of the life is discovering what the meaning of life is, plant trees, Pokemon, eat all cookies in the cookie jar, sex and drugs and discover what goals we have to fulfill to reach happiness.
If you add all this, it will turn out that it's.. 42.
@_____@

Cruelty And The Beast
June 16th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I've seen the light.
I agree with the 42 comment, I think there should be a new religion started ^^

Better
June 16th, 2008, 05:52 PM
For me meaning of life is make other ppl happy ,never hurt to anyone.
And Live and let live.

Kratos_Aurion88
June 16th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Obviously the meaning of life is a picture of Christopher Walken building Optimus Prime. Super Kudos to the .02% of you who will get this.

God
June 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Obviously the meaning of life is a picture of Christopher Walken building Optimus Prime. Super Kudos to the .02% of you who will get this.

I thought the answer was Jesse McCartney building a Beautiful Soul.

charblaze
June 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
its not 42. thats the answer of life the universe and everything

wikipedia says so. lol

the meaning of life is.... uiuuuhdaghhhhhh. i don't know enjoy it? But if we were meant to enjoy it what's up with all these desieses. why can't we all be like ghosts and play ghostly pokemon and the starters will be ghastly or duskull. and we get pcs and we can't die or get sick and there'll be no murders so why are we alive. none of us know what happens when we die so we don't want to die to find out. so i guess we struggle to get through life at its fullest.

the meaning of life is to struggle not to die because you don't know what happens when you die

there you go!!

txteclipse
June 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM

Actually, the major reason a lot of people decide not to follow Christianity is because they are often attacked by people claiming to be of that religion, like you just did. We as Christians need to turn ourselves into living examples of what values our faith holds dear. That means not attacking other beliefs, not being prejudiced, and not trying to force others to see our way. God gave people free will...who are we to try to take it from others or degrade them for using it?

The very extent to which we should go is to share the good news of Christ. We do not tell people that they must believe it, because ultimately, that's their decision.

Sexycheese
June 17th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Actually, the major reason a lot of people decide not to follow Christianity is because they are often attacked by people claiming to be of that religion, like you just did. We as Christians need to turn ourselves into living examples of what values our faith holds dear. That means not attacking other beliefs, not being prejudiced, and not trying to force others to see our way. God gave people free will...who are we to try to take it from others or degrade them for using it?

The very extent to which we should go is to share the good news of Christ. We do not tell people that they must believe it, because ultimately, that's their decision.

You speak very wisely and I agree with you with nearly all of that apart from the part about the attacks. I have never heard of a christian attack (It sounds silly).

forsakenjk4
June 17th, 2008, 05:21 AM
my personal perpective: life has no meaning, we all live to die, we r only a hand full of diferent elements, and comparing to the universe we r only alive for 1/10 of a blink of an eye, so instead of asking something like this we should find it on our selfs cause, for millions of lives comes millions of lifes
p.s - u can live and dont have a life, but u surely cant have a life if u dont live

Kagome
June 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I think the meaning of life is to know what your true slef iis and to figure out who you really are

WarHawk
June 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
The meaning of life is to serve God.

Sexycheese
June 17th, 2008, 11:54 PM
The meaning of life is to serve God.

When you say to serve god what exactly do you mean? Do you mean the meaning of life is to become a preist/nun or another religious person?

Tk-mia
June 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
well i waz told once that we were all put on this earth to make other ppl happy, and be thankful to the lord

RaichuBattler
June 23rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
To live life to the fullest.

Raikard
June 23rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Simple. In my opinion the meaning of life is for you to find your reason to live, and live on.
Life doesn't really have a meaning of its own, you need to create your own "meaning of life" and your reason to live.
You need to say for yourself stuff like "I was born to be a rock star" or "I was born to live with the person I love". You can choose anything you want and live for it. You may succeed or not, but the meaning of the battle you lost, still remains.

That's just it, in my opinion.
It's pretty simple.

Mr. Curling Iron
June 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Meaning Of Life is..

These are what act upon it.

Karma. [Sometimes Karma is Unbalanced, but In the End, there is always a backward force]
Love - With Love, Hate is automatically taken into consideration
Having Fun
And, The same thing that a dog is here... To Piss on trees and have babies

Do Whatever-the-hell-you-want. Look at Mr. Bean, He knows how to live.

Sexycheese
June 25th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Meaning Of Life is..

And, The same thing that a dog is here... To Piss on trees and have babies

Hey dude, watch your language! no offence but how do you know little kids aren't looking at that?

Mr. Curling Iron
June 25th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hey dude, watch your language! no offence but how do you know little kids aren't looking at that?

Because little kids only hang out in the Diamond/Pearl Trade / Battle Centre in Pokecommunity.

Darkrai Lv X
June 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
To spam the internet and annoy friends.I'M KIDDING!
To make other people happy,live life to the fullest,and serve God all make sense.

I can haz haxburgrz?
July 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
To eat pizza and noodles everyday without putting on a single pound
To laze around playing ps3 all day without getting fat
To get away with not doing homework because the teachers have given up yet still get amazing exam marks (100% in tech everytime)
Finally... to always come up with the money to buy stuff one way or the other...

its all me! i actually realise my life is gr8!

22sa
July 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM
To eat pizza and noodles everyday without putting on a single pound
To laze around playing ps3 all day without getting fat
To get away with not doing homework because the teachers have given up yet still get amazing exam marks (100% in tech everytime)
Finally... to always come up with the money to buy stuff one way or the other...

its all me! i actually realise my life is gr8!
Perfect life... except one thing, you forgot to add the perfect girlfriend. : P

Skullie
July 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM
one word.... BABIES! My personal meaning of life is to be the first lady of stuffed cats! No, just kidding-to both :P. or AM I?

Real answer-
just havin fun, then spend eternity in a discusting grave rotting to pieces reminicin'! :D. Good times, good times.

iRawr-x
July 11th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Hmm, Well the meaning of life.. Is mostly to enjoy it and live as long as you can. Just like a flower blooming until it had died. Life is a very large thing through-out the world.

But I've got a question..
What is the point of life, If you are going to die? I mean serouisly

LipstickTraces
July 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Life has many meanings, to define one is to limit. We make our own meanings individually, as you can see from the countless amounts of different answers in this thread made by different people. The question is, what are YOU meaning to do with life?

iRaw-x, many people consider it a goal in their life to leave a mark in what they do to be remembered by. Like musicians make music hopeful that their songs will live on as long as themselves. It doesnt have to be this though. It can be something like being remembered for the type of person you were as well as your achievements.

We have been given a life, no matter what source we think it has come from or how it has happened, and it is only natural to question this. But while we do, the life we have is ticking by, so might as well make the most of it and get out there and do stuff! It's good to have some sort of plan that you want to do. Many magnetize to those with goals. People find this quite attractive, you know... ;)

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 11th, 2008, 06:02 AM
In my opinion, life has no purpose or meaning.

Gewitterdrache27
July 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
It is impossible to tell what the meaning of life is due to the Chaos Theory. The Butterfly theory too. The fact is, a single atom hitting another can change almost anything, if that happened but something went back and stopped it, things could happen many years from then just upon that impact. Therefore, almost any tiny outside interference could also change something's meaning and purpose, such as life. Everything as we know it could be different if a small breeze didn't occur 50,000 years ago, blowing seeds from a tree towards someplace.

Memory
July 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM
There is no meaning to life.

Unless we give it a meaning as an individual for ourselves.

It can be different for anyone, I don't believe there is one meaning set in stone.

R a i n n s a n雨
July 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I think the meaning to life is... 42.

Serious.

Embrace...
July 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Really Super Lucario? Well then whats the question? ^_^ ANYWAY It's obvious that the meaning of life is- I'm sorry computer has undergone unexpected shutdown, thank you for using windows.

Guitar God in Training
July 13th, 2008, 02:00 PM
In the words of Alice Cooper,
We're only human we were born to die,
Without the benefit of reason why
We live for pleasure, to be satisfied,
And now it's over there's no place to hide

Sums up life quite well doesn't it...

Freestyle Farfetch'd
July 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Life, like Pokemon, is a great sandbox game. It's up to you, man...

Sexycheese
July 15th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Life, like Pokemon, is a great sandbox game. It's up to you, man...

Hmm....I dont quite get that but ok :)

parallelzero
July 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I'll lay the meaning of life out, plain and simple:

"Look both ways before crossing the street and then pay your local staff admin a dollar."

Senjistar
July 15th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I think it's well... love. IMO it's about doing the things, being with the people, that you love. Of course there are things you must do to for this to happen.

Apotheosis
July 16th, 2008, 12:39 AM
No, no. The meaning of life is to CREATE memories for yourself and others. Have you seen the movie Final Fantasy? Mwehehe... anyway, they believe every person collects memories and experiences for the earth soul, Gaia. Well..... I'm not saying I belive in Gaia, heh. But I think we're supposed to enjoy ourselves as much as we can, no matter if we're born in Africa or Sweden. Nobody's life is the same as another's. We should give ourselves a great time, find somebody to love, make children, and die happy.

Of course, I'm never going to die. I'm immortal. Mwah.

Yuoaman
July 26th, 2008, 01:00 AM
The meaning of life is to live the best life you can (not religiously: I mean making money, getting power, and having fun), then die, hopefully leaving your mark on the world, and if not... there's always more people...

July 26th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I feel life has a different 'meaning' for everyone. Some may see it as a chance to have fun and live for the moment, while others may feel that they should try and live a long, clean life. I mostly try to mix the two; have fun, but don't overdue it.

Yuoaman
July 26th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I know what you mean, I want to have fun in life and be successful etc... but I don't want to be a drug addict or bad person. And I'm an atheist so there's no religious factors forcing me to this decision.

Tokin
August 27th, 2008, 07:44 AM
the meaning of life for me is to do as well as you can in this life, to follow your heart and search your happiness and the happiness of those around you, both in balance, in my opinion, what religions dictate about what we're here to do is not correct since religions were created by people, people with opinions, however, several religions contain a lot of knowlegde that can be used to achieve your goal^^

Z o M B ii 3
August 27th, 2008, 07:59 AM
"The answer to life, the universe and everything is..."

El Gofre
August 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
No bumping things after a month of inactivity allowed people
*Reports*

Z o M B ii 3
August 27th, 2008, 04:20 PM
*Reports*

Wow, I didn't even know.
I saw this on the top page and posted.

Kishijoten
August 29th, 2008, 09:44 AM
The meaning of life is to find happieness and make new friends. Just to enjoy your life.There is always the ''Life is too short'' part. So a happieness life leads to ''Happieness 4ever''

Sounds
August 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
the meaning of life is too fallow its cycle:
b born,grow up,meet ur love,get married,create life,grow old and die

ErickaVolt
August 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
The meaning of life? We'll duplicate and have some great experiences and adventures in our life. After we die, we will reincarnate and it will be the same. It is called "Cycle of Time".

Barkovitch
August 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Anybody say "42" yet?

Personally, I believe this quote sums 'the meaning of life' (although I don't believe in life having a set point, or meaning) well: "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
-- Robert Byrne

Guillermo
August 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
In my opnion....Everyone has their own meaning of life, we are all here for a reason and eventually it must be fulfilled! It could be helping someone, saving someone, saving the world (Copyright from PMD2 and PMD1 haha!) or something else!

the bitter end.
August 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
To reproduce and continue our race, or to enjoy it, your choice

Poke Trainer Gary
August 30th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Life is a tale told by an idiot with sound and fury simplifying nothing.

Remember who said this? Not me.

~Night
August 31st, 2008, 09:50 AM
The meaning of life. . .well, I have three theories

1. to make everything and everyone equal, yet us humans have been dumber than we think we are and decided to kill all the random animals on this planet
2. we're in a video game, something like the sims
3. we were created for all the gods(God, the Greek gods, Egyptian gods, etc.)amusement

Amachi
August 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
*Reports*
There was no such report! :(

Anyway, this topic pretty much died again after being revived once before, so there's no point leaving it open again.