PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Generation?

Ryden
April 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Alright, so which generation do you like the most? surely everyone most have one they prefer over the others or think other past a tertian gen are just butchering Pkmn as we know it.

For me the second gen would have to be my favorite, especially game wise. Be able to play through both the Johto and Kanto leagues was awesome, not to mention the music in the games was fairly awesome.
And the pkmn selection it added was great too...but once the 3rd and 4th came along it just seemed to go a bit down hill from there pkmn wise, most of them just don't give me that feeling I get fomr the first two gens and the games...well 3rd gen, I hated all that surfing involved just made it boring real fast. The 4th gen games were alright, but a bit more slow paste in parts, but being on DS was a plus for it...

anyways you've heard my choice, now lets hear yours

Poll is coming within moments

hothead
April 25th, 2008, 09:42 PM
its gota be second generation because it has an awsome sounds the best set out the perfect ammount of surfing with out making it boring the best pokemon the being able to go to the kanto region and all that then it has to be 4th generation then its gotta be 3rd generation and then 1st generation

MetalMEB
April 25th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Second and first gen FTW. I just love 'em. They also had good storylines and music.

I mean... I love a lot of the 3rd generation Pokes, and I enjoyed R/S/E, but a lot of things went downhill in the 3rd gen IMO... And 4th... Well, I haven't really grown to love it yet. Just the Pokes, you know? Also I wish the storyline was a bit better in the last 2 gens.

grassguy
April 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Mine is the third generation, the pokemon weren't like the ones from the 1st and 2nd gens but I found the selection and choice spread out very evenly. The lack of new pokemon in the 2nd and 4th gens put them down and the 1st gen just didn't appeal.
I loved the 3rd gen storyline but I agree with there being to much surfing.
If we look at my top 10 favourite pokemon:
Grovyle
Charizard
Torkoal
Flygon
Aerodactyl
Toxicroak
Feraligatr
Snorunt
Heatran
Sableye
5 are from 3rd Gen.
2 from 4th and 1st Gens.
And 1 from the 2nd gen.

Decypher
April 25th, 2008, 11:25 PM
It was a hard choice between Kanto and Johto, but I chose Kanto in the end. You can't beat originals. (While usually anyway.)

Binary
April 26th, 2008, 12:19 AM
2nd generation is the best. I just can't stop playing the game. With other generations, I just get bored.

simplynaruto
April 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Second and fourth. I am an even number person and both are fun

Cid
April 26th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I've always liked originals, so I'd say the First Generation was the best... 2nd was good too, but 3rd and 4th aren't as good... Plus, Squirtle's from the 1st Gen too [which is my favorite Pokemon]!

Golden Dragon
April 26th, 2008, 02:00 AM
the second!!! johto was the best by a long way..
it had the best starters,
lugia,
the 3 legendary birds...
the 3 legendary dogs/cats
but the third was good 2 cos it gave us latias.

so i'd give johto a: 10/10
and hoehn a: 7/10
it gave us some decent pokemon they looked sane (always a good sign)
but in sinohh u get stuff like bidoof what sort of a name is that! and it looks like a retard itrealy does!

they should make a gold and silver ds and a limited edition one called: Revolution
and in that game there should be a new team called the draco alliance that foil one of team rockets plans and bring back lugia to beat XD

XaRhS
April 26th, 2008, 08:19 AM
i mostly like the 3d's generation pokemon but i also like the 2nd's generation pokemon.but i voted for the 3rd

El Gofre
April 26th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Second! It is just the best really.
This really should have a poll..

Cassino
April 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM
First started it all, but the second has the best Pogeymanz in it in my opinion.

Why is this multiple choice? How noobish. ಠ_ಠ

Espeon Master
April 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
The first generation. It has the best pokemon in my opinion.

GunSaberSeraph
April 26th, 2008, 09:11 AM
the 2nd gen! it added so much to the games, how could you not like it? i was sad when i found out that R/S/E had no day/night system....

J-Rad
April 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
2nd gen. Why? 1st gen was awesome but felt like it was lacking. 2nd was just perfect, loved going back to Kanto an dfighting Red/Blue.3rd just general bad started to over do things and screwed up the classic Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. 4th gen ovedid it to the extreme and made things too competative... 4th gen ruined the series IMO.

Gummy
April 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
The 2nd Generation because Crystal is my favorite game.

GreenStorm
April 26th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I would have to say the 3rd. I can't explain it, it justs makes it feel alive somehow.

Ryden
April 26th, 2008, 03:07 PM
First started it all, but the second has the best Pogeymanz in it in my opinion.

Why is this multiple choice? How noobish. ಠ_ಠNothing Noonbish about it, not everyone is able to just pick one so i thought might as well. now the noobish thing would be to vote on them all or just one that conflict with each other.

but I'm glad to see that the 2nd gen is the one getting the most love

Espreon
April 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Second generation. These are the reasons it is my favorite:

-Johto's buildings and cities are simply elegant
-Johto is awesome for the reason above and because of the geography
-Most of my favorite Pokes are 2nd gen
-Gold and Silver (the manga characters) are awesome
-It has the cutest Pokemon that ever lived! And that would be Tyranitar!
-Johto was the first region to actually have a history (In the games)!

Moonlit Umbreon
April 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
1st and 2nd generation DEFINATE. You just can't beat the all-time originals, people are right when they say that the 3rd and 4th generations have lost their likeness. The truth is, pokemon are becoming less like pokemon and more like creatures from the planet mars in my opinion. Who in the heck thought of Purugly? Atleast they got one thing right, It clearly suits it's name. =C

GunSaberSeraph
April 26th, 2008, 07:43 PM
don't get me started on Purugly.... but Tyranitar, that's a Pokemon to be proud of!

pkmn_trainer_david
April 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
kanto was my favorite. EAST SIDE!!!

Toblerone
April 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
3rd generation definitely!! I do kinda like 'em all actually...

Acrutheo
April 27th, 2008, 03:13 AM
The first generation. Since the creators were starting from scratch, they had far more possibility to be excellent than any subsequent games; indeed, the improvement from nothing to Kanto was the greatest leap in the game series. No generation can rival that based on its improvement from the last generation. Even on composite value, though, I still prefer the first generation, because of its many glitchy quirks, which are fun to exploit and play around with.

Peanutassailant
April 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM
well i like them all, but for differant reasons.

it was close between generation 2 and 4 for me, but i chose generation 4, i like some of the new features (depth perception, underground, etc), but i think some of the new pokemon are annoying (i HATE kricketunes cry, i really do, lol) and i fear that this will be the last generation... i mean they have made god, they cant really add to that in the next gen lol.

generation 1 was good too, i like playing around with glitch pokes, i got one LM4 which i enjoyed training up and evolving.

sirboulevard
April 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Generation II. Johto is my favorite region and I hate that in Generation III they sort of retconned it out of existance temporarily (seriously Norman isn't from somewhere far away and Lance's cousin (Clair) isn't from somewhere far away they're Johtonian) You just cant beat the starters, the landscape, the storyline and the fact that the games actually corresponds to an actual time relationship (you can't tell when the hoenn/kanto journeys started in relationship to each other).

Shadow236
April 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
For some reason the Third Gen just starts to grab me. My fav Pokemon right now
are Cyndaquil, Blaziken and Altaria. I don't know the third gen is the best. The show, awesome, the overall feeling awsome, the game awsome, and the Pokemon amazing!

Skaterzpenguin
April 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
The 2nd generation was my favorite!!! I like it a lot, because it was cool and different than the first 1st gen. :)

Prynze Roserade
April 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
The third and the fourth, naturally. Why? Well, many reasons.

First off, my first Pokemon game was Sapphire, not Blue or Red or Yellow. Sapphire. Then I bought Ruby. That in itself is very significant. I was exposed to other Pokemon a while before that, but it was really RSE the generation that was first for me. I wasn't a fan before that, and all the Pokemon I had seen before were in TCG cards, which I avidly collected until I decided to buy the games and a GBA.

And fourth because while the storyline isn't great, and many of the Pokemon are just evolutions, DP has been the best games ever in terms of mechanics. Do not dare tell me otherwise. A lot of Pokemon were unable to make full power of their stats, movepool and abilities because of the whole physical or special thing. DP changed all that, plus many other things as well, such as increasing the movepool of many Pokemon. Who of you can say Charizard was as good in GSC as he is in DP? None of you. Charizard is now fully capable of being physical, special or both, and he's got a much bigger movepool now, period.

Lastly, also the fourth because while the Pokemon are not original, they're useful evolutions in most cases. Before DP, it pained me to raise Togetic, Misdreavus and Roselia knowing full well they'd be able to do so much more if they evolved. DP brought that. Before DP, types like Grass/Ground and Poison/Dark were but dreams of mine. Today they're a reality. Before DP, there were no legendaries I really liked. But that's all in the past now as I love Shaymin, Mesprit, Cresselia and Giratina. :3

So yes, long story short, 3rd and 4th gen all the way, babeh. :D

Valarauca
April 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Second and first gen FTW. I just love 'em. They also had good storylines and music.

Dude 2nd gen all the way!!! s/g/c was the best gen yet, 2 regions, 'nuff said...

The Confuzzler
May 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
i bought pokemon gold silver and crystal for xmas but only silver worked. So now i have at least one game for every generation. I'd say 1 and 2 they are so cool. This is embarassing but silver is the only pokemon game that i'm doing pretty well in. And gen 1 because you cant beat the original- or the old man with the coffee lol -

Chibbichan
May 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
The 1st generation is classic. In my opinion, it's the best.

BeachBoy
May 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Wow how many times have I answered this type of thread. xD Anyway, I'm a complete generation II fan. I loved that gen the best, it was during a time when the game was majestic in my opinion, before the series became corrupt with generations III & IV. Johto had class, and overall was just incredible. From my personal experiences, and everything dealing with the generations... Johto is, by far, my favorite generation.

ErickaVolt
May 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
I like them all!!! Gotta watch 'em all!

The Confuzzler
May 3rd, 2008, 12:26 AM
I like them all!!! Gotta watch 'em all!

Pokemon lol. The old man with the coffee alll hail him. Um anyway i dont like the 4th gen because my friend keeps bragging about his level 100 heatran which is EV trained - don't see the point in training legendaries - and number 3 because May is a weirdo with a bandana - bet she's bald under it - and also Wally scared me for some reason..

MUSION
May 4th, 2008, 01:30 AM
3rd gen is easily my favourite, most of my favourite Pokemon were introduced then, such as Flygon, Cacturne and Claydol.

Apathetic_Yen
May 4th, 2008, 05:11 PM
2nd gen by far. It had me hooked till the very end, meaning up until the time I lost the game. 1st comes second obviously, then it goes by which gen I dislike the least. 3rd gen had its ups and downs (Metagross yah! Spinda......what is this bulls**t?) and pretty much same with the 4th (Garchomp=pwnage, Lopunny=wtf) but there are more in the 3rd gen that i hate to look at so 4th gen it is for 3rd most liked.

Walrein
May 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
The newer, the better. This generation is really great, with the special/physical sort beeing changed, what makes the amount of useful moves very large. And to think once it was only to choose between Ice Beam and Blizzard...

The Fallen
May 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM
The first and second generations are my favorites. The pokemon in it are just so unique and well thought out. It seems as time goes on they come up with less and less original ideas, adding mainly evolutions to current pokemon than making more new ones.

The Beast
May 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Well I like both generations because they all have a unique figure in the certain region they come from.

Iron Shaman
May 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
3rd gen clinches it for me.

Seriously, for a Handheld pokémon game, Emerald was perfect. The only vaguely interesting storyline, the best music (GSC a close second), an interesting world map, and a lot of really awesome pokémon. Relicnath, Armaldo, Swellow, Breloom, Dusclops, Regis, Kyogre, Jirachi, Mence, Swampy, Sceptile... The rehaul of the EV/IV system, and introduction of Natures and abilities made it much deeper and more complete. And unlike GSC, RSE didn't feel rushed after the 7th badge.

IMO, RSE > GSC >>> RBY >>>>>>> DP

Neosplash
May 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I have to go with the first generation. First thing, that's the first one I played. So of couse one of the reasons is nostalgia. The other, that's the generation that Blastoise is in.
<3 Blastoise 4 eva

Drew
May 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM
The first generation has always been my favorite.

Pokemon-wise, and game play-wise.

Still, I also really love the R/S/E games.
Those were good times, good times.. ;~;

But Kanto gets my vote..