PDA

View Full Version : Help and Requests

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

April 25th, 2008, 6:14 PM
[a id]main[/a id][css-div="min-width: 600px; max-width: 1200px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: #2d2525"][css-div="border: 1px solid #aaaaaa; background-color: #f9f9f9; float: right; padding: 10px; min-width: 150px; max-width: 250px; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px;"]Contents
[alink id="allowed"]What is allowed[/alink id]
[alink id="disallowed"]What isn't allowed[/alink id]
[alink id="help"]When asking for help[/alink id][/css-div]Game Development Help and Requests
With the launch of the new rules thread, a new Help and Request thread was required.

So without further ado, here it is.

Thread guidelines
[a id]allowed[/a id]What is allowed: Requesting resources than can be ripped straight from a game.
Requesting a tutorial to be written for you.
Asking for help on how to do a simple action.
Asking for certain programs to help you with your game development.
For example, a sprite conversion program.
Requesting assistance when your code isn't working like intended.
[a id]disallowed[/a id]What isn't allowed: Requesting a member to make custom graphics for you.
Asking how to do a completely custom system like a CBS.
Requesting a member to create a script exclusively for your use.
[css-span="color: #AA0000;"]Requesting warez.[/css-span]

[a id]help[/a id]When asking for help:
Provide a demonstration screenshot.
Provide a description of the steps taken prior to the problem.
Provide a thorough, comprehensive and easy to understand description.
Provide the exact information on the error that occured.

Do not ask for members to do custom stuff.
These types of requests never get replied to and they end up littering the thread.

[css-div="padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #aaaaaa; background-color: #f9f9f9; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px;"][css-span="float: right;"][alink id=main]Top[/alink id][/css-span]Revised thread written by [url-inline=member.php?u=160]Avatar[/url-inline].
Some parts rewritten from older threads, by [url-inline=member.php?u=1422]Berserk[/url-inline] and [url-inline=member.php?u=3121]Dawson[/url-inline].[/css-div][/css-div]

Budgie_boy
April 28th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hi all, sorry i've been away for a while I'm going into x factor this year so I might not write to you all in a while longer.

I just need a bit of help with my own day/night system, I've got each section of the day (morning, day, dusk and night) set as variables on scripting.

I have different tilesets and maps for each area and for night or day (eg LITTLEROOT DAY and LITTLEROOT NIGHT). Is there any way to save the players location on the day map and transport the player automatically to the night time map through script or is there a less complicated way of doing this (EG changing tilesets automatically)?

PoKéMaKeR
April 29th, 2008, 6:15 AM
I'm planning to make two regions in my game, so I need another 8 badges, but how do you add badges to poccils starterkit.
and I need a whole new box system for the second region aswell.
so how do you add a second box system that's only accesable from the second region?
please help me!

PoKéMaKeR

poccil
April 29th, 2008, 7:23 AM
For the first problem, nothing needs to be done; just assume that more than eight badges
is possible.

For the second problem, follow the directions below.

First, create a new script section with the following code.

class RegionalStorage
def initialize
@storages=[]
end
def [](i)
if !@storages[i]
@storages[i]=PokemonStorage.new
end
return @storages[i]
end
end

def pbPokemonStorage
if $PokemonStorage
mappos=!$game_map ? nil : pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataMapPosition)
if !mappos
return $PokemonStorage[i]
else
return $PokemonStorage[mappos[0]]
end
end
return nil
end

In the script sections PokemonUtilities, PokemonStorage, PokemonDebug, and
PokeBattle_Battle, replace all instances of "$PokemonStorage" with "pbPokemonStorage".

In the script section PokemonLoad, modify line 243 by replacing this:

$PokemonStorage=PokemonStorage.new

with this:

$PokemonStorage=RegionalStorage.new

The change will take effect only if the game is restarted or the save file is deleted.

In order for this to work, the region for every map must be explicitly set in the visual
editor (editor.exe).

Ionic
April 29th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know where i can find a Ash charset or something very similiar.
I need it to show pictures when stuff happens, it doesn't look right when its someone like Lucas with a Ash picture as you can guess :).

PoKéMaKeR
April 29th, 2008, 10:31 AM
oh and BTW I really like your starterkit (it's yours right?:P)

Glitchfinder
April 29th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hi all, sorry i've been away for a while I'm going into x factor this year so I might not write to you all in a while longer.

I just need a bit of help with my own day/night system, I've got each section of the day (morning, day, dusk and night) set as variables on scripting.

I have different tilesets and maps for each area and for night or day (eg LITTLEROOT DAY and LITTLEROOT NIGHT). Is there any way to save the players location on the day map and transport the player automatically to the night time map through script or is there a less complicated way of doing this (EG changing tilesets automatically)?

There are several ways to do this. The first is to save the player's location on the map (I believe you can look up the 'Player x" and "Player y" functions of the variable portion of the even script. Look in the "Interpreter" scripts). The second way is to change the map's tileset. I do not know how to do this though, so you might want to ask about it on RMXP.org. I believe I saw at least one script that was supposed to do this there.

DarknessMonkey
April 29th, 2008, 7:09 PM
Can someone help me out with this small problem?

I need help editing my tileset because I want to add D/P's natural features (trees, etc.) for use in my game.

Great! Well now I got the trees from whack a hack (only place that seems to have them...) and they are too small for my RMXP tileset, how would I go about editing them in GraphicsGale? I see everybody else with these same trees and when I ask for help no one seems to know how to do it. I know how to use the grids but getting the tiles bigger and making them look right is where I seem to fail.

[Funny, I fail.]

darkerarceus
April 30th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Can someone help me?
I am making a pokemon game
and I need a program to make a region map
so anyone know a program to do that for my townmap?

PoKéMaKeR
April 30th, 2008, 2:40 AM
at darkerarceus
Are you making the game with the starterkit?

and now my own question:
Is it possible to make a trading event with starterkit (rmxp)?

Glitchfinder
April 30th, 2008, 7:18 AM
Can someone help me out with this small problem?

I need help editing my tileset because I want to add D/P's natural features (trees, etc.) for use in my game.

Great! Well now I got the trees from whack a hack (only place that seems to have them...) and they are too small for my RMXP tileset, how would I go about editing them in GraphicsGale? I see everybody else with these same trees and when I ask for help no one seems to know how to do it. I know how to use the grids but getting the tiles bigger and making them look right is where I seem to fail.

[Funny, I fail.]

Well, the problem you're having is that they simply won't share their tilesets. That's because they've spent a long time working on them for their games, either through ripping them from an emulator or through screenshots. In either case, they got them at the original size (which is bigger than you got), and then they edited them to standardize them. To see an example, look at the Pokemon Gale - The Geor Adventure thread. The first couple of posts that have game info (other than the first one, which has been edited), have a drastically differet tileset from the well done one they are currently using. I believe that there's even a post somewhere in the thread showing a procession of the improving game screenies, as per an earlier request of mine.

tokinini
April 30th, 2008, 3:09 PM
I am a beginner spriter and i am making a pokemon game.
I was wondering how you make the sprites backgrounds transparent like that...
In the game, When i put the sprites I make into it, they appear all white and blocky in the game(in the background of the sprite)... How do you guys make it so that you see them just normal?
(sorry if I don't put much detail into my problem)

Question #2:with FlameGuru's starter kit, How do you make it so that a trainer battles you on the spot rather that having to see you(and have that exclamation mark appear above their head)?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,
Tokinini

darkerarceus
April 30th, 2008, 11:54 PM
[quote=PoKéMaKeR;3543263]at darkerarceus
quote]
Yes I Just wanna make a region map like the sinnoh region map
but my own the way I like it!

PoKéMaKeR
May 1st, 2008, 1:07 AM

You need to make it with paint!
then save it in the picture map !

Question #2:with FlameGuru's starter kit, How do you make it so that a trainer battles you on the spot rather that having to see you(and have that exclamation mark appear above their head)?
Change the name of the event from trainer(x)(x=number of steps it can see you from)
to anything else but trainer(x)
and change the event touch to action button

oh and to your first question
if you make a sprite then import it using the "materials" button and then import your sprite
then you'll see your picture and under it 2 color blocks with transparent color (L-click) and semi-trasparent color (R-click)
click both left and right mouse button on the back ground of you sprite and then just click ok!
(if you don't undertand it pm me)
and then you need to talk to the trainer for a battle to start!

Wichu
May 1st, 2008, 7:15 AM
Change the name of the event from trainer(x)(x=number of steps it can see you from)
to anything else but trainer(x)
and change the event touch to action button!
Actually, that's for poccil's kit, not Flameguru's.

But then, you shouldn't be using Flameguru's anyway - poccil's is an improved version. Unless the person who asked meant poccil's kit?

Callydude™
May 1st, 2008, 3:09 PM
Could someone rip Asuna faces from Negima! Chou Mahora Taisen Kattoiin, Keiyaku Shikkou Dechai masuu(Japanese Title) for me? Thanx...

tokinini
May 1st, 2008, 3:12 PM
Thank you for the information!
It was all understandable and it worked perfectly!

yaoimutt
May 1st, 2008, 4:46 PM
I am a beginner spriter and i am making a pokemon game.
I was wondering how you make the sprites backgrounds transparent like that...
In the game, When i put the sprites I make into it, they appear all white and blocky in the game(in the background of the sprite)... How do you guys make it so that you see them just normal?
(sorry if I don't put much detail into my problem)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,
Tokinini

for the transparent backgrounds, it's actually really easy, all you need to do is take the sprite, and put it somewhere you can easily find it (i usually just do the desk top) them, color the whole background one color, a color that is not in the sprite, then, go to the rmxp editor, click on tools, then on materialbase, then click on what kind of sprite it is (if it's an over world sprite (the kind that walk around) then choose character) then, click "import" and then find the file, when you find it, you will be given the option of what color to make invisable, and what color to make translusent, just chooce them (if you don't want a translucent color, then choose the same one as the invicable color)

and there you go, the background is invisable.

for the second question, i am going to asume you mean you want the player to talk to them, and then they battler, just set an event , and put the triger to action button. that should do it.

[quote=PoKéMaKeR;3543263]at darkerarceus
quote]

just use the map editor in the starter kit.

darkerarceus
May 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
What do you mean?
I want to find a program to make a
map for my townmap key item

Ionic
May 2nd, 2008, 3:04 AM
What do you mean?
I want to find a program to make a
map for my townmap key item

Any graphics program.

Gale/Photoshop/MSPaint/Gimp.

tokinini
May 3rd, 2008, 4:15 AM
For question number 2, what if i want the player to talk to the prof. and the rival comes up and challenges him during the prof. event?

Ionic
May 3rd, 2008, 4:20 AM
For question number 2, what if i want the player to talk to the prof. and the rival comes up and challenges him during the prof. event?

Do that using switches.

Half way through the chat or where you want the rival to come in, go to the event Control switches and turn a switch on.

Set the rivals event at the door or something and change the condition to the switch you set up. You will also probably need to do Set move route and set it up so he walks up towards you and the Prof.

Then click Wait for Move completion, and then setup the battle script.

glenn14256
May 8th, 2008, 1:27 AM
Hi everyone!

I need some help with trainer battles. I got it to work and all, and even the custom Pokemon and trainer sprites work properly. But I keep getting this error when battling a trainer. I think it has something to do with a script error making the trainer clueless on what to do next, the result -> it won't do anything at all. This is the error:

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `attacker' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x5740760>
PokeBattle_AI:515:in `pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2209:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'
PokeBattle_Battle:2333:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2328:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2328:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:722:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:705:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:734:in `pbStartBattleCore'

"#<PokeBattle_Battle:0xXXXXXXX>" (XXXXXXX is dynamic depending on which trainer you battle).

I would really like to get some help with this. So thanks in advance!

Wichu
May 8th, 2008, 2:18 AM
After line 506 in PokeBattle_AI (def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)), add this to a new line:
attacker=@battlers[index]
It should look like this:
def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)
shouldswitch=false
typecheck=false
movetype=-1

glenn14256
May 8th, 2008, 2:27 AM
After line 506 in PokeBattle_AI (def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)), add this to a new line:
It should look like this:
def pbEnemyShouldWithdraw?(index)
shouldswitch=false
typecheck=false
movetype=-1

Thnx, the problem is indeed solved =)

glenn14256
May 8th, 2008, 2:39 AM
thnx, the problem is indeed solved =)

ForeverRed
May 11th, 2008, 4:37 AM
i wanna make a game but i dont know how and i need help
i have all the ideas ready and running(except for that its not on my comp)
can anyone help me?

Dr_random
May 11th, 2008, 4:46 AM
first you need Gamemaker, RPGMaker, Flash or some other program. Flash is $800, Gamemaker is free but limited, and is like a free trail, and RPGmaker XP has a free version you can get on Download.com.

wahwa
May 11th, 2008, 5:53 AM
Could anyone make a tutorial how to make transparent background?if possible.

LSS_Raditz
May 11th, 2008, 6:27 AM
ok i still am having a problem with creating a working gym leader using Flameguru's Starter Kit how do i make it so the gym leader gives the badge if the person wins

this is what i have at the moment...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/1g3/ohnoespokemanz.png

so can somebody help me... also does anyone have any attack animation resources because the starter kit has a lack in move animations?

thanks

ForeverRed
May 13th, 2008, 12:42 AM
can i ask where i can find the pokemon starter kits?

Wichu
May 13th, 2008, 2:22 AM
You didn't look hard enough: Pokémon Essentials (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=105731). It's the top thread in the Game Dev forum.

ZodiacDaGreat
May 16th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Hm,
I'am new to game making, and I wanted to start making a Pokemon Game, does anyone have tutorials for real beginners - ground up. I plan to use RPG Maker 2003.

Edit: Done, I've found out RM2K3 is very simple to use, Still I need some help on:

1) I implemented my own Day/Nite system, the problem is the effect happens everywhere..But I want it to only happen outdoors. Any ideas?
2) Need help on implementing a Pokemon Battle system.

Sija
May 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hi everybody. I have problem. I want to play POKEMON CHAMPION but I cant find working links. Maybe someone have this game on disc and make new link or send it me? my email is [email protected] Thanks a lot.

steelix96
May 24th, 2008, 1:34 AM
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I really need help of making a pokemon game in RPG Maker VX

.houndoomed
May 25th, 2008, 8:32 AM
Has anyone got that FR/LG/R/S/E exclamation mark animation that appears over the people's heads?

ali madan
May 27th, 2008, 3:10 AM
Hey guys, I need help please. I Need a sprite of the the trainerback for poccils starter kit. ( I need this trainerback)

http://i29.tinypic.com/291g8xt.png

tokinini
May 28th, 2008, 1:41 PM
How do you edit the text in the battle system and the start menu?
(Yes, In poccils starter kit)

Neo-Dragon
May 28th, 2008, 4:23 PM
1) I implemented my own Day/Nite system, the problem is the effect happens everywhere..But I want it to only happen outdoors. Any ideas?

Have it run on a switch. Call the switch something like "Outside."
When you go into a house, turn the switch off and tint the screen back up to 100, then when you leave the house, just turn back on the switch and call your tint.

Has anyone got that FR/LG/R/S/E exclamation mark animation that appears over the people's heads?

Houndoomed, not sure if ya still need it, but :
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8625/53879644za2.png
Sorry about the size, it's straight from a default Rm2k3 animation lol.

.houndoomed
May 29th, 2008, 9:00 AM
Have it run on a switch. Call the switch something like "Outside."
When you go into a house, turn the switch off and tint the screen back up to 100, then when you leave the house, just turn back on the switch and call your tint.

Houndoomed, not sure if ya still need it, but :
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8625/53879644za2.png
Sorry about the size, it's straight from a default Rm2k3 animation lol.

Awesome, just what I need! Cheers Neo ;)

edit: Oh, and just realised I don't have the little sound it makes that goes with it. Has anyone got it?

Neo-Dragon
May 29th, 2008, 4:18 PM
What sound? As far as I'm aware, it's BGM sound and not an actually sound effect. so when the trainer spots you, the music changes to the song. I remember someone posted the D/P music files (I think its still in the resource thread). The file for- lets say- when a boy trainer spots you is called "Eye_Boy" lol.

.houndoomed
May 30th, 2008, 9:15 AM
Not that, I mean there's just this tiny little sound that is made when the mark appears over the person's head when they see youm no music or anything. I guess you could call it a sound effect.

AJ™
May 30th, 2008, 9:45 AM
I need the EMERALD female version character.
In this:

Emily_Konichi
May 30th, 2008, 3:38 PM
I'm looking to have multiple regions in my game, but for that, I need more then 8 badges. I saw someone ask about Pocci's starter kit, but I didn't see an answer, and I'm using Pokemon Essentials...so I think they are different. Can anyone help with this?

Prof. Briar
May 31st, 2008, 2:25 PM
Mother of all stupid questions time...here we go!

I recently saw a post in the Roleplay section to the effect that learning moves in D/P is different from in previous games. Could someone direct me to information on what's new and different in the DS generation? I only have a GBA-SP, and have only played the games prior to Diamond and Pearl.

Pokehero22
May 31st, 2008, 11:22 PM
I need the female FR/LG char for RPG maker 2k3. Also, how do i make a start menu, and a party. And Also, a battle system. All help well thanked!

Exiled~Shadow
June 1st, 2008, 4:02 AM
Hi, Could i please make a request for a scientist in a lab cote like in Prof.Elm's Lab in R/S? i need him as a sprite. NOT THE ONE WITH LONG HAIR!!!

Also i any1 is a talented scripter please PM me for i have a script to be made but im no good at macking scripts...

tokinini
June 1st, 2008, 7:15 AM
Can some one make a certian Pokemon sprite for me? PM me and i'll give you the details.

Jirbytaylor
June 1st, 2008, 6:57 PM
I'm not sure wether this will get filled or not, but I'm asking here instead of the Essential's topic.

Can anyone create, or at least provide initial samples of attack animations for the PE kit? I can't figure out the in-game editor at all, plus I've never been good with creating animations anyway.
So I'm asking if someone can create battle animations to match the GBA game attacks, and provide so everyone can see it and learn from it how to use the editor?

Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to give credit if you wish for it.

LoneWolfe007
June 2nd, 2008, 6:53 PM
Hello, I was wondering if It would be possible to get a sprite of Ash Ketchum? From Fire red or leaf green?

MBlack475
June 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

tokinini
June 3rd, 2008, 4:18 PM
I need some body to make me sora and riku (from kingdom hearts) front and back sprites.
Can anyone do it?

Other than that, how do you edit the battle system text in pokemon essentials? (poccil's)

And can anyone get me the pictures of Gold and Crystal throwing the pokeball?(redone to look natural like in ruby and saphire)

Wichu
June 4th, 2008, 7:34 AM
Go into the script editor, press Ctrl+Shift+F, and type what text you want to replace.

Then replace the selected text with what you want.

LoneWolfe007
June 4th, 2008, 8:53 AM
Does anyone have a character set of Ash Ketchum for RPG Maker XP? That I could use for my game?

Also one more thing, is it possible to set up a service on RPG Maker XP, like uh for example a nintendo wii has..like a friend code thing..like okay for my game I want to be able to have real friends that play the game aswell and they like exchange friend codes so ingame they can send eachother emails and stuff.

jamie.ds
June 6th, 2008, 4:01 AM
Please help when i go to click download from someones attachments it goes to a blank page with a blank pic of a 1 by 12 pic. please help as i want to download other peoples attachments!!!

Glitchfinder
June 6th, 2008, 9:07 AM
Please help when i go to click download from someones attachments it goes to a blank page with a blank pic of a 1 by 12 pic. please help as i want to download other peoples attachments!!!

Please be a little more specific. What attachment is it, and what is the picture?

jamie.ds
June 6th, 2008, 2:04 PM
Please be a little more specific. What attachment is it, and what is the picture?

Ok well im trying to download an attachment from the mmorpg game thread but when i do it just does what i said above.

spike6958
June 6th, 2008, 4:55 PM
Hey guy's, i havn't posted it yet but im busy working on my new Pokemon game, now i have designed a number of Towns and Citys for my game but im having some trouble coming up with names for them, what i want to know it what do you do when naming a city, do you just name it after somthing significant in your town, or just the first name that pops in your head or what?

Please note i don't want help with name as i want to think of them myself im just a little stuck at the moment but if i can get a good way of choosing names i shoud be fine and maybe even be able to post my game up in the main showcase section of the board, with in the next week or so.

O.G. Duke
June 6th, 2008, 5:18 PM
Alright now. Yeah, you can do it in both ways.
The first way is 'name it after somthing significant in your town'
Example: You town is planted lots of flower, so you can try to name your town with a "FL" in front, like 'Flacess Town'...

The second way is just a name that is nice to hear.
Example: A big city where your 8th gym located. The name should be really powerful like Gospel City, Rexgrip City or else. ( Just a name pops in your head )

Hope this help!

DamianLeonhart
June 6th, 2008, 7:21 PM
I am a little weird when I name my towns, I get them exactly how I want them then I look at the whole town. Whatever pops into my head is the name I choose. I have one game that I have named all of the town, maybe temporarily, after the towns surrounding where I live. I've considered actually picking a place, not in Japan, and creating a map like that.

ali madan
June 6th, 2008, 9:49 PM
hi, may I have the gyms tilesets please?

twyla silverneedle
June 7th, 2008, 9:44 AM
Hi
I would like to request of any tools to change an Intro, an easy to use script editor(or a person who could help me with script editing) and a program i could use to edit text,
I'm new to this so please correct me if i don't use the right words

_thx
T.Silver

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
i want a request on how to make a pokemon game tutorial ;( im a newb

Glitchfinder
June 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
hi, may I have the gyms tilesets please?

Hi
I would like to request of any tools to change an Intro, an easy to use script editor(or a person who could help me with script editing) and a program i could use to edit text,
I'm new to this so please correct me if i don't use the right words

_thx
T.Silver

i want a request on how to make a pokemon game tutorial ;( im a newb

As is stated in the first post of this thread, this is NOT a request thread. Try things out, look around, and get used to what you're doing. Also, have a look at the tutorials section, as well as the resources thread.

June 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Actually, you can make requests within a certain limit.
The first post you quoted is the only one of them with a valid request in accordance to the rules of this thread.

jamie.ds
June 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Please help me.
my post is above.

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
hm well can i request a help session (tutorial) for how to put npc in RPG Maker Xp?
and how to make them have scripts to draw animation, and make them walk to you, ect and start talking.

or something simular.

Glitchfinder
June 7th, 2008, 8:52 PM
Please help me.
my post is above.

Which attachment? Was it uploaded to this site, or does it link to another site entirely? And, what is this picture that it gives you?

hm well can i request a help session (tutorial) for how to put npc in RPG Maker Xp?
and how to make them have scripts to draw animation, and make them walk to you, ect and start talking.

or something simular.

Try downloading Poccil's Pokemon Essentials, reading the instructions, and then setting up a trainer using the appropriate text file. That's if I interpreted your request right...

rm2kdude
June 7th, 2008, 9:56 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G8RLX7AS

The game lags with larger maps, I've asked at rmxp.org(they never checked the demo><) It's the tile-class rewrite script that is causing lag with large maps.

Hopefully someone can fix this!

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM
ok ill try that, thnx you

edit : just tried to do that...i had no clue what anyof that ment, or which one to use n shiz

cessusbangy
June 7th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hi! Can someone please make me a Pokemon Ruby tilemap file... As I'm editing the region map... Can someone please attach it if they have one?
(I want it as the original hoeen map... All I wanna do is add a green dot to a certain place)

jamie.ds
June 8th, 2008, 1:01 AM
Which attachment? Was it uploaded to this site, or does it link to another site entirely? And, what is this picture that it gives you?

Yes it was uploaded to here but as i said above when i click it it just goes to a blank screen.

Thhe 1 by 1 pic....... I dont know cause i cant see that small.

fudgy
June 8th, 2008, 5:16 AM
when i try to creat (test run) my game, i get a error saying the following in the pictures
http://i28.tinypic.com/fp9hg5.png
zoom in to read the error message

anyone know how to fix this?
and if you need my game or shiz to fix it, pm me and tell meh what to do.

i think its in the pokemon starter kit -_-, because i didnt really do anything except add a few events (text box onces/npc/quest/transportation from one lvl to the next) and i made maps.

Ridley
June 8th, 2008, 5:36 AM
Did you set your starting position right at the house? Because in the starting intro it initializes your character and stuff. So its probably because you have no character defined...You can go through the whole intro or find a way around it. Tbh i dont really know. sorry =\

fudgy
June 8th, 2008, 5:37 AM
argg how do i avoid this ? or fix it plz some one

Firemaker
June 8th, 2008, 6:54 AM
I think you made a mistake in the boy/girl choosing. After that there should be a step that teleports you. You also need to change your person or define the character set.

DamianLeonhart
June 8th, 2008, 8:55 AM
What you have done is change the starting position of the game. Put it back on the intro map. That map has an event that is the opening of the game. At the end of the event you need to have it teleport the player to your starting map.

Glitchfinder
June 8th, 2008, 9:41 AM
Yes it was uploaded to here but as i said above when i click it it just goes to a blank screen.

Thhe 1 by 1 pic....... I dont know cause i cant see that small.

Go to the post that has the attachment, and copy the link in the top right corner of the post. For example, this post of yours that I'm quoting is #69. That links to the specific post. Then, paste that link here, so that we don't have to go sifting through the entire thread for it. Oh, and it seems like something has happened to the attachment, like it being deleted. Was it supposed to be a picture, a file, or something else?

rm2kdude
June 8th, 2008, 6:42 PM
REQUEST

Since all of the good Pixel-Movement scripts are disappearing from RMXP sites I'm just wondering if you have scripts like this.

-Pixel-Movement for the hero/party
-Pixel-Movement commands or a script for Events (having a abs and this is crucial!)

Thanks!

Jirbytaylor
June 8th, 2008, 7:25 PM
Try RMXP.org. Someone named along the lines of f0tz!barchen has created a pixel movement script that works for hero and events. It's rather complicated though.

MBlack475
June 9th, 2008, 8:57 PM
REPOSTING: hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

TELL ME PLEASE!!!
ps if this is the wrong area of the forums to ask this then Tell ME!!

DeVan
June 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I Have a few of questions regarding a game me and my friend are making.
So please bear with me...(We are using RMXP)

1. We have the Gym Leader put in and the battle for him, but whats the script/event code for obtaining the badge? Sorry if I phrased this in a complicated manner.

2.This might have to tie in with the first question, but how do activate the event/script for using HM's after you've beaten the first gym leaders.

3.Does anyone know a good sprite editor? And a way to make Sprites bigger?(Like the ones off of Spriters-Resource)

4.How do you make it look like lights are on in a building during night?

5.How do you make it so enviroment music seperates from battle music.(Ex.Walking in a route and when you enter a battle the route music plays.)

This is all.
Please help.

Glitchfinder
June 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM
REPOSTING: hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

TELL ME PLEASE!!!
ps if this is the wrong area of the forums to ask this then Tell ME!!

Considering the fact that it still takes serious hacking skills to extract 3D models from N64 games, and that there are STILL no real tools for doing that, you're probably out of luck if you want to do that with the Wii.

Neo-Dragon
June 11th, 2008, 5:00 PM
Got a request, I'm looking for NPCs character sets in RM2k3, anyone got any?

Hardy Har Har
June 11th, 2008, 8:25 PM
i made a new map and there is a problem:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/mistake.jpg
(what i mean is the black area beside the trees)
and when that map is accessed at night, it still remains the same--not tinted...
how can i fix that?

DamianLeonhart
June 12th, 2008, 7:40 AM
i made a new map and there is a problem:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/mistake.jpg
(what i mean is the black area beside the trees)
and when that map is accessed at night, it still remains the same--not tinted...
how can i fix that?

I have the answers to your questions. For the black you must have 7 tiles to the left and right and 5 tiles to the top and bottom in order to not see the black. As for the day night system, I am guessing you are using Essentials. You need to either use the editor or from the playtest use F9 to access the editor. There you can go into the Visual Editor while on the map you want to have the day night system and double click it. Setting the Outdoor setting to true enables the Day night system. You should be able to get this information in the Notes provided with Essentials.

Poundflaf, Pokemon Master
June 14th, 2008, 3:19 PM
I need to know! I want to make pokemon thunder version. I am making special colored pokemon. Non-Shiny

June 14th, 2008, 3:27 PM
I just think like CRAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flameguru
June 14th, 2008, 4:17 PM
Oh my...

Well did you even bother to check the thread just a little below this one called Pokemon Essentials?

That might help, but I'm sure you won't get too far until you give up or ask 100's of questions.

Flameguru
June 14th, 2008, 4:20 PM
I just think like CRAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...that's annoying.

Beginning towns are usually dealing with plants/trees (Ex: New Bark and Littleroot).

For the rest, just think of appealing names that are creative and fit the town itself.

Vampire://Krimm
June 14th, 2008, 4:23 PM
Oooh, cool thread!

While those are all good ways to name areas, you can also use the nifty translator~ Just type in something that the town has, translate it in the prefered language, and boom! you've got a nifty name!

Because my own game originally expanded with the Portuguese influence, quite a few of the town/city names are actually Portuguese, Example is Friagua City, Maresia City, etc, etc. (No, I'm not Portuguese.)

June 14th, 2008, 4:52 PM
Tried it. NOPE!:( Please help! The main pokemon is Dark Tyranitar (different colored) and your starter is a special colored gible.

Short Range
June 14th, 2008, 6:19 PM
Hi all, I seem to have a small problem with my Bird's Eye View game in Game Maker 7. Let me first tell you what my game is about. The main character so far is a brown sphere and the walls are just a recolor of the original wall sprites but this is just in it's beta stages. There is a crosshair, or aimer, where the mouse is to aim with when shooting a things.
Now, here is my problem; I have created an object called obj_control which, when placed in the room, creates a black background on a portion of the screen and creates health bars on top of it to create the effect of a HUD screen. Here's some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what's wrong.

This is a normal screen of when I start the game. Notice the player and aimer.
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8379/screen1ex6.png

This is what happens when the camera follows the player around.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2124/screen2wz0.png

What I want to do here is make the black HUD underlay go over the walls and other things. In other words, I want to set the HUD underlay as top priority so that it may be easy to see. Thank you very much to anyone who can figure out my problem.

blueguy
June 14th, 2008, 10:50 PM
My advice is to pick a theme, like all of the actual games. For example, R/B/Y's cities were all named after colors. The next gen was mostly flowers or trees. So, choose some unifying theme and name your cities accordingly, maybe?

Short Range
June 15th, 2008, 12:12 AM
So what exactly are you looking for? I'd be happy to help you. You'll need a Game Making program to start it off. Do you have RPG Maker XP?

June 15th, 2008, 5:10 AM
to above... ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I can post dark tyranitar and three evolutions of the starter and the hidden trainer's special pokemon. Want me to?

http://www.upokecenter.com/misc/recolor.php?colors=26344C032BFC14BE741F7C0409BF526D7B453CFC66DF39DC18D914B408427FFF&action=image&file=%2Fpictures%2Fdp%2Fpoke330_2.png
Flygon : Hidden Trainer

http://www.upokecenter.com/misc/recolor.php?colors=0000037D0000000000001D690000042018DB109700111CFC00B2000000000842&action=image&file=%2Fpictures%2Fdp%2Fpoke248_3.png
Dark Tyranatar: only type: dark

Starter Evolutions: Electric/fire stages

http://www.upokecenter.com/misc/recolor.php?colors=4FD6109F03FB001F2906157B08F5004B39D9086F7FFF6B38318B6F4862A71062&action=image&file=%2Fpictures%2Fdp%2Fpoke443_3.png

http://www.upokecenter.com/misc/recolor.php?colors=4FD618DF03BF18DF28A2157B08F5004B7B735E4E0FFF0E7B7FFF6B3841EE1062&action=image&file=%2Fpictures%2Fdp%2Fpoke444_2.png

http://www.upokecenter.com/misc/recolor.php?colors=4FD6211F03BF085F28A5193C20F7004B3DD7152D0F5F0A587FFF6B3841EE0842&action=image&file=%2Fpictures%2Fdp%2Fpoke445_2.png

Glitchfinder
June 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Hi all, I seem to have a small problem with my Bird's Eye View game in Game Maker 7. Let me first tell you what my game is about. The main character so far is a brown sphere and the walls are just a recolor of the original wall sprites but this is just in it's beta stages. There is a crosshair, or aimer, where the mouse is to aim with when shooting a things.
Now, here is my problem; I have created an object called obj_control which, when placed in the room, creates a black background on a portion of the screen and creates health bars on top of it to create the effect of a HUD screen. Here's some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what's wrong.

This is a normal screen of when I start the game. Notice the player and aimer.
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8379/screen1ex6.png

This is what happens when the camera follows the player around.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2124/screen2wz0.png

What I want to do here is make the black HUD underlay go over the walls and other things. In other words, I want to set the HUD underlay as top priority so that it may be easy to see. Thank you very much to anyone who can figure out my problem.

Well, I would never recommend Game maker, as it wars with the operating system for processing power. That aside, I believe that you have your Z coordinates wrong if you want it in front. You have to have the z coordinates higher to make it in front, and lower to put it behind. (in GM's scriping language, its called z coordinates, but I don't remember what it was called in the main portion of the program) It should be in your object properties.

Short Range
June 16th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Well it looks okay so far. If you want to make a Pokemon game then find a program called RPG Maker XP. download it, look around for tutorials and the Pokemon Starter Kit, some people are helping me with that now. I'm still beginning with it. :P

Short Range
June 16th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Ah yes, I remember the old Z axis. Width, Hight and Depth. Glitch, you've saved me again I think. :P

Atasco
June 17th, 2008, 5:29 PM
Well, for obtaining badges, you could have it to where the badges are like items and you could put a conditional statement on the HM you want to use, for example, let's say you need the third badge to cut down trees. Have the cuttable trees as an object, and use that conditional statment in the event. Ex:
Conditional Statement: if you have 3rd badge
show text: This tree looks like it could be cut down!
Use cut?
show choices: Yes, No
if Yes:
Erase event
if No:
Else
show text: This tree looks like it could be cut down!

Now, this is not exactly how it should look, but it should give you an idea of how it should work.

Now for the background music, remember that going to box that lets you change that should help you fix that problem, not the eventing box, but the one on the toolbar.

Oh poo!
I forgot about the lights!
I have got to tell you, this may be difficult. If you set up an event to change graphic at a certian time you could acomplish this.

Now for the sprite editors, I draw a blank. (no pun intended) You see, I suck at editing sprites, so you may want to ask someone else, because I realize paint is not the way to go... but I don't know what is.

fudgy
June 17th, 2008, 8:33 PM
i am making a pokemon game in rpg xp.
i want to know what i did wrong

(no animation for my doors at current moment)

i went to were i want the player to be transported, (on event layer) clicked "add event" went to the second page of events, and clicked "transfer player", then i clicked on the down tab in the new window that poped open, clicked my posistion, (bed room to living room) and then clicked ok, hten apply, then ok.

when i test my game, all it does when i go to the space, is have me stand there, i can move, and everything, but it doesnt tranfer me anywhere? please help me, also if this doesnt fit here move it under pocills poke esentials thread ;|

Jabunks
June 17th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Did you save?
I've had a pre released (Japanese-English) translated version, and MY option was TELEPORT. I've never had any problems with it before

fudgy
June 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
yeah i saved, hmm ill look for teleport and other options.

darkerarceus
June 18th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Teleport is not in RMXP!

its in RM2K3 and RM2K3!

Glitchfinder
June 18th, 2008, 8:11 AM
Did you save?
I've had a pre released (Japanese-English) translated version, and MY option was TELEPORT. I've never had any problems with it before

The problem wasn't the oprion or the saving. It was the fact that he put it on the second page and set it to run when the player pressed the action button. Oh, and you are using an illegal copy of rmxp.

Luke128th
June 21st, 2008, 9:29 AM
Yo! Does anyone by chance have some RMXP Overworld Spritesheets of the Hoenn Gym leaders and the Elite 4?

funderkitty07
June 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
If you are looking for a theme for your towns chemicals or things pertaining to space or planets would be interesting.

Yuoaman
June 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
This isn't a major issue, but, for my new project I am creating the region map, and I want to use the D/P template. My questions are: does this template exist and do you have this template? If there is no template, I'm sure I could make one myself though I'd prefer to use one made by someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks.

Luke128th
June 23rd, 2008, 1:37 PM
Just use the original D/P map and change it however you want.

shinylugia249
June 23rd, 2008, 3:06 PM
Didn't Hondoomed create a tutorial for making D/P maps that included all of the icons/colors?etc..

Yuoaman
June 23rd, 2008, 4:41 PM
It's okay now, my question doesn't matter, I found a template and used it, so never mind.

Alystarr
June 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Ok I've been looking and looking and I finally am caving I need help and I need it badly I would like to make my own pokemon game that actually utilizes the strength of psychic types if anyone can help me or is interested in the game specifics please post your thoughts here I'd be happy to take even a link to a game that you really enjoy. (prefered platform: PC)

Emily_Konichi
June 24th, 2008, 3:02 AM
Okay, so, I am using the Pokémon Essentials starter kit, and I am thinking of creating multiple regions for my game...to do that, though, I need more then 8 badges. Is there a way I can set it up so that, when you enter a new region, your trainer card displays a certain set of badges? (i.e. badges 1-8 in Kanto, 9-16 in Johto, 17-24 in Hoenn, etc.)

Also, Luke128, download the Pokemon Essentials starter kit. It has everything Hoenn.

261Poochyena
June 24th, 2008, 12:38 PM
how about stones, Amazonite, Carnellian, Agate, Obsidean, Adventurine, Garnet

I sometimes name mine for foods, Catalina, Portabelo, Monteray *which actually is a city*,

Foriegn Words, Azure, Zapata,

Random: I read in national Geographic that theres a extinct language *that 8 people speak* it uses clicks

Luke128th
June 24th, 2008, 2:40 PM
It doesn't have the Hoenn Gym leaders

PokemonPlatnum
June 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
In the Pokémon essiantials kit does anyone have the full moves.txt and pokemon.txt each filled with d/p moves?
All credit for the moves will be given Thank-you.

Emily_Konichi
June 25th, 2008, 4:17 AM
It doesn't have the Hoenn Gym leadersIt doesn't? Maybe I was thinking the battler graphics...I don't really know... >>;; Sorry ^^"

Luke128th
June 25th, 2008, 1:14 PM
It doesn't? Maybe I was thinking the battler graphics...I don't really know... >>;; Sorry ^^"

It has the Battle graphics, but not the overworlds. So I ask again: Does anyone have the overworld sprites for the Hoenn Gym and Elite 4 leaders?

261Poochyena
June 25th, 2008, 3:55 PM
does anyone know how to make mapps, I need some for my Regions, the computer only has photoshop and doesn't usually make good maps and there not good quality

BlueEew
June 25th, 2008, 4:18 PM
If you use the starter kit.

Everything is there. Use RPG Maker to make maps. :)

Wichu
June 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
PokemonPlatnum: I have them - I'll give you them tomorrow. You might have to change some evolution methods and Pokémon abilities to avoid errors, though.

BTW, you spelled platinum wrong.

261Poochyena
June 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Starter kit? what is that, I tryed making some with corel photoshop but they look awfull, very choppy,

Luke128th
June 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Look in the main Game Development forum and the thread for poccil's starter kit,Pokemon Essentials. It should be the second, third, or fourth thread down.

Wichu
June 26th, 2008, 11:03 AM
You'll need RPG Maker XP for it, though.

261Poochyena
June 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
and that is???
can someone look at my recolors? *http://www.pokeplushies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19171*

Luke128th
June 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Oh my god... Rpg Maker XP is an RPG maker(duh. Hence the name). It is a program that lets you create RPGs. And if you don't know what that is, an RPG is called a Role-Playing Game. It's where you play as a protagonist(hero) and do...whatever. In this case it's about Pokemon. Do you get my drift?

Hardy Har Har
June 26th, 2008, 7:00 PM
hi, i need help on the battle system on my game--how to enable the day/night tinting in battles?

261Poochyena
June 27th, 2008, 5:39 AM
do you have to buy one or can you download it online *I know it makes rpg's * but what like software, download

Luke128th
June 27th, 2008, 6:53 AM
Well, you can buy RMXP for 60 bucks. But RM2K3 is free, but it is not as good as RMXP, plus they've got the starter kit for RMXP. And I don't think there is one for RM2K3...

261Poochyena
June 27th, 2008, 7:47 AM
where can you get RM2K3 ?

DamianLeonhart
June 27th, 2008, 10:03 AM
where can you get RM2K3 ?

google for it. but I am going to have to say, that unless you can program in the language that RM2K3 uses, it will be pointless for you to download. You can learn to program in its language, but I do not think a Pokemon game would be the greatest game to begin with.

261Poochyena
June 27th, 2008, 12:56 PM
do you mean computer language or like spanish or something

PoKéMaKeR
June 27th, 2008, 12:59 PM
it's the computer programming language, used in Rm2k3, I'm not sure what language that thing uses..
but I do know it's nothing like spanish or any other none computer language..!

sonic smash down
June 27th, 2008, 12:59 PM
its a type of computer programing launguage like scriptin and stuff

261Poochyena
June 27th, 2008, 1:07 PM
I think I might get some of it, I don't know

bolofoo
June 30th, 2008, 7:25 AM
how do u make a rpg please help me

PoKéMaKeR
June 30th, 2008, 7:30 AM
use rmxp..!
and about what kind of rpg were you thinking??

Hall Of Famer
June 30th, 2008, 9:05 AM
How can you get helpers from this board? I tried to make a thread but it didn't work at all. I really don't know how to make better graphics and how to set up move animations, hopefully someone will help me out...

CleverUmbrella
July 4th, 2008, 5:14 PM
Im using RPGMK23 looking to join the two tilesets together or just simply use 2 tilesets on 1 map so i don't have to spend ages cutting them up ect.

Thanks =]

Virtual Chatot
July 4th, 2008, 5:17 PM
I don't think you can, you might as well just use something like paint and simply move what you want into the other tileset.
But what do I know, I'm a RMXP user :p

Neo-Dragon
July 4th, 2008, 5:29 PM
No, you cant do it man. It's a shame but what can ya do.
I guess, if ya want, make some tiles as charactersets, that whay ya can just add them onto the map via events.

Virtual Chatot
July 4th, 2008, 5:31 PM
No, you cant do it man. It's a shame but what can ya do.
I guess, if ya want, make some tiles as charactersets, that whay ya can just add them onto the map via events.
Is there even a limit to how long a tileset can be? It would be much easier to just cut/paste two tilesets together.

ForeverRed
July 6th, 2008, 6:23 PM
can someone help me?
i have downloaded RPG Maker and the starter kit and i opened the starter kit and it comes up maps already map
how can i change teh maps and put my own tilesets?

PokemonPlatnum
July 7th, 2008, 3:05 AM
can someone help me?
i have downloaded RPG Maker and the starter kit and i opened the starter kit and it comes up maps already map
how can i change teh maps and put my own tilesets?
1.Delete all maps except intro..then right click and go to new map...
2.To add A tileset upload the tileset to Graphics/tilesets then go to database in rmxp and click tilesets,go down to change maximum and add 1 to the umber shown..

Hope I've Helped

~PP

ForeverRed
July 7th, 2008, 11:24 PM
thanks for the help
^_^
hehe it killed me thats y ^_^

BakingBluePotatoe
July 11th, 2008, 9:49 AM
Okay, I'd like the latest version of Pokengine for GM6.

Especially the one with the Battle System.

.houndoomed
July 16th, 2008, 6:06 AM
I'm looking for some good tiles for a Rock Type Gym I'm making for Pokémon Scarlet.. but finding it hard to find some. And I don't want the Brock's gym tiles, because I want to use something else that will look good with a gym. So could anyone please suggest any good tiles for a gym?

Thanks,
Houndoomed.

bjorn130
July 16th, 2008, 1:32 PM
i've got RMXP ad started with it. ( gonna post my game soon) I've set that there are only 4 main character's but when i start the gamme i only got 2. i want them all how do i do that??

Ashje
July 16th, 2008, 6:36 PM
How do you get all the attack effects? They all have the same crappy effect... I'm using RPG Maker XP.

.houndoomed
July 17th, 2008, 5:45 AM
I'm looking for some good tiles for a Rock Type Gym I'm making for Pokémon Scarlet.. but finding it hard to find some. And I don't want the Brock's gym tiles, because I want to use something else that will look good with a gym. So could anyone please suggest any good tiles for a gym?

Thanks,
Houndoomed.

I REALLY need this to be answered quickly. I'm releasing a demo and I need it to be finished by this week.

bjorn130
July 17th, 2008, 9:41 AM
i've got RMXP ad started with it. ( gonna post my game soon) I've set that there are only 4 main character's but when i start the gamme i only got 2. i want them all how do i do that??

Need help please!!! Need to post my game.

NEED HELP PLEASE. i want to release it soon so can someone help me please

i have set that there are 4 players but when i battle there are only 2.

please help me.

EDIT: found it :) no more help needed you will see my game soon.

Senjistar
July 18th, 2008, 5:09 PM
I use RMXP and when I want to show a picture on there it has a white background. What can I do to make it WBG and have no background during my game?

sonic smash down
July 18th, 2008, 5:14 PM
well when you import it to the database make sure that you click its backround so that the game knows not to show it while your playing.

bjorn130
July 19th, 2008, 1:39 AM
question ha
ow do i import new animations into RMXP???

PokemonOI
July 19th, 2008, 8:29 AM
question ha
ow do i import new animations into RMXP???
and how do you make them seen in battle?

JollyRoger25
July 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I am using the starter kit from Poccli and I am at a roadblock with my programming, ya see, I have up to the point where you select your first pokemon, and I do not know how to make your rival pick the stronger pokemon, and your friend pick the weaker pokemon. (In the end I want all three taken) Help me, Please!!!!

bjorn130
July 21st, 2008, 4:41 AM
my demo is ready and i want some friends to test it. but i noticed that if you don't have RMXP you can't test the game. is there a fix for that?

Atomic Reactor
July 21st, 2008, 5:50 PM
yeah, have them download it.

You shouldn't need it if you're using poccils SK.

bjorn130
July 21st, 2008, 10:48 PM
i'm not using it because i'm not making a pokemon game. so if someone knows how to do that...

Atomic Reactor
July 22nd, 2008, 8:05 AM
then just have them download it.
Or i think you if you take out the RTP they can play (but im not 100% sure)

evanescencelord
July 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hi ^_^
Im working on a pokemon game and i have drawn up a new Pokemon and scanned it to the pc. i have tried a colouring it but one body part e.g wings took me ages to do because the outline of the pokemon has other colours and lines that u see wen u zoom in. Does anyone know a good program to use to do these or has a GOOD tutorial for it?

Ydroj
July 23rd, 2008, 2:01 AM
I have a question is there a sphere pokemon starter kit

Ydroj
July 24th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I have a question is there a sphere pokemon starter kit
if there isn't could somebody teach me how to work wit sphere
o sorry for the twice posting I thought I used the edit butten but used the quote button

Atomic Reactor
July 24th, 2008, 6:21 AM
to the best of my knowledge, there is no sphere starter-kit...

Ydroj
July 25th, 2008, 2:51 AM
then I come back to my other question could somebody teach me how to work with sphere likely making the titel screen coding the intro etc. I know how to put in maps and how to tileset but the other things I don't know

delyemerald2
July 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM
can somebody help me making a PMD game?

evanescencelord
July 28th, 2008, 4:19 AM
If anyone is looking for one heres one that i found of a serebii forum of ash ketchum
^_^
Does anyone know where i can find a Ash charset or something very similiar.
I need it to show pictures when stuff happens, it doesn't look right when its someone like Lucas with a Ash picture as you can guess .

Short Range
July 28th, 2008, 4:57 AM
Hello all, I'm working on a GameMaker8 game where you go around in Birds-Eye view shooting at opponents. I'm trying to make my enemies intelligent but they seem to be refusing to learn. xD
I want to set a variable when they get hit for them to start attacking me but it just plain doesn't work. Here's the enemy's information.

Information about object: obj_enemy

Sprite: spr_enemy
Solid: true
Visible: true
Depth: 0
Persistent: false
Parent: <no parent>
Mask: <same as sprite>

Create Event:
execute code:

// This makes the enemy underlap the
// gray overlay so that he emerges from under it.
depth = 0;

// This sets the enemy's following variables.
follow_speed = 3;
sight_range = 80;
target_distance = 0;
hp = 15;
open_fire = false
enemy_shoot = true
able_slashed = true;

Alarm Event for alarm 0:
set variable enemy_shoot to true

Alarm Event for alarm 1:
set variable able_slashed to true

Step Event:
execute code:

target_distance = distance_to_object(obj_player);
if target_distance is smaller than sight_range
set variable open_fire to true
else
set variable open_fire to false
exit this event
if open_fire is equal to true
perform a step towards position (obj_player.x,obj_player.y) with speed follow_speed avoiding solid only
if enemy_shoot is equal to true
create instance of object obj_evil_bullet at relative position (0,0)
set Alarm 0 to 20
set variable enemy_shoot to false

End Step Event:
if hp is smaller than 15
set variable open_fire to true
if hp is smaller than 1
destroy the instance

Collision Event with object obj_bullet:
set variable hp relative to -2
for other object: destroy the instance

Collision Event with object obj_player_sw:
if able_slashed is equal to true
set variable hp relative to -8
set variable able_slashed to false
set Alarm 1 to 30
else
exit this event

I sure hope someone can help me here, I've been trying to nearly 2 months. xP

ForeverRed
July 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
i want to add my own tileses into RPGXP How do you do it?

R a i n n s a n雨
July 30th, 2008, 3:38 AM
I just downloaded RPG Maker yesterday and I don't know how to use it. Can you guys help me?

But mostly on The Pokemon Essentials. I don't know how to use them..

herojelly
July 31st, 2008, 6:41 PM
I just downloaded RPG Maker yesterday and I don't know how to use it. Can you guys help me?

But mostly on The Pokemon Essentials. I don't know how to use them..
Try this...

http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html

Kendosis
August 3rd, 2008, 1:48 AM
hey i wondering how do you make a online pokemon game, something like pokemon crater?

PokemonOI
August 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Hey I'm making a pokemon game with all the regions and I was wondering how to make a trainer card in the game where all the badges will show?

Hardy Har Har
August 4th, 2008, 2:24 AM
I added the "miracle eye" move and when the pokemon is in battle, an error message appears, then my pokemon attacks, then the enemy cannot! How can i fix this? The screenshot is in the spoiler... (Warning: Large File Size)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/Help.png

PoKéMaKeR
August 4th, 2008, 4:14 AM
I added the "miracle eye" move and when the pokemon is in battle, an error message appears, then my pokemon attacks, then the enemy cannot! How can i fix this? The screenshot is in the spoiler... (Warning: Large File Size)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/Help.png

I don't know the answer, but I think it's better to ask this on the essentials thread ;)

And now for my request..
I have my own game, as some of you know..!
I made a new team for my game, and now I need a name for the leader of it, It's a female (yes a girl!)
So if anyone knows a good name, please help !

PoKéMaKeR

venom12
August 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I have request whether someone has it can owerworld mechanic
??

Tentachu
August 4th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Has anyone ripped any GSC overworld sprites and made them into RMXP character sets?

Atomic Reactor
August 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
nope.
But if you go to spriters resource, you can find a bunch and do it your self.

www.spriters-resource.com

Ty 101
August 4th, 2008, 1:00 PM
I am creating a pokemon game but can't find a gem that is not already in use by another fan game. Please tell me 1 or make a list.

Kendosis
August 4th, 2008, 4:54 PM
how do you make a GIF image appear in rpgmakerxp?

Tentachu
August 5th, 2008, 3:43 AM
nope.
But if you go to spriters resource, you can find a bunch and do it your self.

www.spriters-resource.com (http://www.spriters-resource.com)

I've tried that, but they just end up looking rubbish.

Ty 101
August 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I am wondering if someone could tell me how to get or get me a diamond and pearl tileset for rpg maker xp.

kanariekop
August 7th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hello,
I'm searching for Team Magma and Aqua characters.
Can some1 help me please?

Pokehero22
August 7th, 2008, 10:42 PM
-_- this should go in help/requests

but I am a good guy so...

Here is Magma

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/Gizmopoo/Magma.png

ForeverRed
August 8th, 2008, 1:46 AM
Im wandering if anyone can help me name pokemon?

Bag0n
August 8th, 2008, 2:54 AM
I know hardly how to hack but i have pretty much all the programs i need include all advance-freeware and rpg maker, for rpg maker i want to know how to put sprites on there.

I also wanted to know how to start making a pokemon emerald-like game from scratch, i already have the ROM.

PoKéMaKeR
August 8th, 2008, 3:14 AM
I know hardly how to hack but i have pretty much all the programs i need include all advance-freeware and rpg maker, for rpg maker i want to know how to put sprites on there.

I also wanted to know how to start making a pokemon emerald-like game from scratch, i already have the ROM.

Read the rules...
This is not, a ROM hack forum, go to the emulation forum..
And besides, with RPG Maker you can't change or rebuild a ROM..

Darksun
August 9th, 2008, 3:05 AM
Does anybody have this sprite?

http://i34.tinypic.com/9k6ufk.png

I've been looking at the spriters-resource, and searched alot at google.

Thanks. ^^

omg92606
August 14th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I'm trying to get Golem to evolve into Groudon using pokemon amplifier, but when golem starts to evolve, he suddenly stops and "???" appears in the text box...

and i can't find this program called advanced battle 3.

help please?

PoKéMaKeR
August 15th, 2008, 9:06 AM
I'm trying to get Golem to evolve into Groudon using pokemon amplifier, but when golem starts to evolve, he suddenly stops and "???" appears in the text box...

and i can't find this program called advanced battle 3.

help please?

Wrong forum..
Try rom hack area..
(when do people finally start learning this isn't a rom hack area :|)

mackoo
August 17th, 2008, 5:05 AM
Does anybody have or can make D/P Fountain and Fan autotile (to make it animated) - I've made my own, but it works no good...

Almolicious
August 21st, 2008, 7:35 PM
I'd simply like to know how to script in a new species. Would it be as simple as creating sprites, placing them in the data folder with each sprite listed as: 001, 001s, 001b, 001bs (the name of the folder escapes me) etc. and then changing a script event to...

say if i made a new sprite, and then made and event listed as pbAddPokemon(X,Y) to add the new species to my party, with X being 494, would that work? or am i missing something in the scripting entirely?

Is this even possible to do? And if not, is there any way to modify currently exisiting species to make the desired effect i have listed above?

kitaangel
August 22nd, 2008, 8:48 AM
Hello!
I have decided to work on a Pokemon game and I downloaded Pokemon Essentials yesterday and spent a good few hours skimming through it to better understand. The one thing that I was looking for though is,
when you make the character SURF or ride a BIKE, or other stuff, is there a way to script in a sprite change when they mount the pokemon or bike, and then change back again when they dismount?
I can't figure out how to do that. Thank you!

Flameguru
August 22nd, 2008, 8:58 AM
It's built in, go to the PBS/metadata.txt file and edit it following the instructions in the file itself.

lukeh
August 22nd, 2008, 2:02 PM
I think I might want to make an RPG. I was hoping to make it 3d at least PSX graphics if I did, but I didnt want to buy anything. So I decided I would settle for 2d. I have the basic plot down, I don't have a title, and I am prepared to spend up to a year on it. I don't know what free program I should use. Any ideas? Questions?

kitaangel
August 22nd, 2008, 2:29 PM
Ah great! Thank you!
There's so many files to have to look through first hahah..!

Wichu
August 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
You'd also have to add them to the Pokemon.txt file. Just copy and paste another Pokémon's info and change all the details. But other than that and the sprites, that's basically it.

You'd probably want to add the Pokémon to the TMs.txt file too unless it's like Magikarp and doesn't learn any.

Almolicious
August 23rd, 2008, 8:00 AM
You'd also have to add them to the Pokemon.txt file. Just copy and paste another Pokémon's info and change all the details. But other than that and the sprites, that's basically it.

You'd probably want to add the Pokémon to the TMs.txt file too unless it's like Magikarp and doesn't learn any.

i believe this is answering my question. thank you, i tried messing with just the txt file but obviously with no sprites trying to add 494 to my party caused an error, but i'll try this and see how it works.

i also want to thank whoever mods this forum that moved my topic here.

EDIT: Thanks! It works. I didn't have any sprites avaliable so i just did a blue colored goldeen, but it came out fine. I can't wait to get my game underway now. I didn't test any of the TM's to see if it works, but i assume they do since there were not errors when starting it up.

~DarkAchu~
August 23rd, 2008, 9:50 AM
i get this error message on every game i download in the gameshowcase section it says

RGSS102E.dll could not be found can some1 help me

Im also not sure if this is in the right place so can some 1 pm me the answer

Luke128th
August 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Do you have a legal copy of RPG Maker XP? If you do then you shouldn't have this problem...

~DarkAchu~
August 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
im getting the games of this site so they have to be a legal copy

sonic smash down
August 23rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
no you need the system they were using. most RMXP. u have to download that program and everything should run smoothly

~DarkAchu~
August 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
right... i dont dont get it lol

Semblance
August 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Follow the instructions here:http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?rgss102e and it should work. Your computer is just missing a componenet

HeavyOctillery
August 23rd, 2008, 6:36 PM
I've been Googling away for a long while trying to find a Pokemon battle system tutorial for Sphere, but I can't seem to locate one.........

I'm certain I can figure out how to do other stuff with the scripting, but as far as JavaScripting a Pokemon battle system, nothing.

I've heard it's not too difficult to pull off one once you figure it out, but I'm still a bit of a noob to this, and would be unlikely to figure out how to do it from scratch.

kitaangel
August 23rd, 2008, 9:44 PM
Have you installed the RTP? That might be the problem.
It happened to me.

~DarkAchu~
August 24th, 2008, 1:45 AM
Semblance helped thanks guys

~Red
August 28th, 2008, 9:11 AM
I'm looking for a program that could make mmorpg's WITHOUT having to host a server on your computer. Is there such a thing?

Blazers
August 28th, 2008, 9:18 AM
im looking for someone who is an expert on music hacking.
well cry hacking.

Atomic Reactor
August 28th, 2008, 9:21 AM
this thread is for gaming help.
not hacking.
:P
you would have better luck asking in the hacking area.

4th Gen Matt
August 30th, 2008, 6:20 AM
I decided to get familiar with RPG Maker 03 before I started some big project. I have a question about heroes.

1) How do I create my own heroes?

2) How do I upload different sprites to give to my heroes? (battle and walking sprites)

Thanks in advance!

FrosslassSorbet
August 30th, 2008, 6:43 AM
Wow, you actually use 03? Well, how do I put this... What you're doing is illegal. Entirely illegal, not like ROM hacking (which is half legal). Seriously, how did you get 03? You shouldn't be able to.

4th Gen Matt
August 30th, 2008, 7:22 AM
How exactly is it illegal?

And I just downloaded it from FileShare.com

4th Gen Matt
August 30th, 2008, 7:50 AM
Whenever I open up XP it says Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles server and then it closes out of XP.

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

4th Gen Matt
August 30th, 2008, 9:26 AM
I have looked around but haven't been able to find any RM2k3 starter kits. Only XP. Anybody know of an RM2k3 starter kit or an RMXP starter kit that works for 03?

THE HACK ATTACK
August 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
What he means is none of the english RM2k3's are legal...
The only english RPGMakers are RPGMakerXP and VX

RPGMaker's 95, 2000, and 2003 were illegally translated by a russian programmer named Don Miguel but don't fret many many people use this program so don't feel like you're the only on e

4th Gen Matt
August 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Lo, oh ok, thanks.

I thought he meant like, what are you doing! You'll go to jail for life and I was like EEP! WTF!

darkerarceus
August 30th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Answer to your question is easy just use the help file (i figure stuff out my self ya know)
and im an expert at 2003 so i wouldn't like it if you went to jail for just having it!

Yuoaman
August 31st, 2008, 6:48 AM
Does anyone know how to make an event so the player follows an NPC's movements?

Atomic Reactor
August 31st, 2008, 10:56 AM
i do!
just set a move route for the NPC.
Then a similar move route for the player.
Its pretty easy :P

~Red
September 1st, 2008, 1:11 AM
i do!
just set a move route for the NPC.
Then a similar move route for the player.
Its pretty easy :P

Here's a hard question: How do i make an NPC follow the player around ingame for say, double battles?

tImE
September 1st, 2008, 6:51 AM
Hello,
I dunno if this is the right place
to post this and if it isn't, could you please
direct me right?...

Anyway,
I'm using RPG XP and I've gotten hold
of a pretty good 8-way movement script,
but the game is only using the same spriteset.
(When I move upper left, the up sprite is shown etc.)
I wonder if there's a way to add new sprites
to the spritesheet, for "Diagonally sprites"...

If anyone has the answer to this, please tell me...

If you can't tell me in the forum for some reason,
my MSN address is: [email protected]

Thank you,
//44tim44

Atomic Reactor
September 1st, 2008, 9:21 AM
I think it's suppose to be like that.
Maybe if you get a hold of the scripter for that script, he may be able to tell you.

4th Gen Matt
September 1st, 2008, 9:44 AM
I kept getting Unsupported PNG image every time I tried to import sprites. My friend told me that it probably has too many colors and that I should use Photoshop to give it the right format. He then logged off, unfortunately.

So anyway, I am using Photoshop CS3 but I cannot find out how to give it the right amount of colors.

Can someone who knows how to do this, please help me?

Thanks!

soulless_gamer
September 2nd, 2008, 3:11 PM
i'm trying to set up my own pokemon game but i need help geting started and i dont know what i need to start with i dont have a server i dont have any RPGMakers yet. i want to make it where you are the pokemon not a human player. i just dont know where to start or what to look for.

darkerarceus
September 3rd, 2008, 12:20 AM
Save it as a 256 colour Bit map

4th Gen Matt
September 3rd, 2008, 3:28 AM
This time, its not a question!

I actually have a request.

I need a sprite of Damion, aka the D/P Rival.

Made in RM2k3 format.

X X X
X X X
X X X
X X X

Like that, the ones that go 4 across never work. =/

MenosGrandeSolotario
September 3rd, 2008, 5:29 AM
I found a tutorial on this site (showthread.php?t=80975) and now I want to import the edited pictures to see how they look. I used pokepic to dump the images of the ruby title as gba files and edited them in tile molester. now i want to see how they look but i dont know how to import them back in the rom.

PoKéMaKeR
September 3rd, 2008, 6:13 AM
I found a tutorial on this site (showthread.php?t=80975) and now I want to import the edited pictures to see how they look. I used pokepic to dump the images of the ruby title as gba files and edited them in tile molester. now i want to see how they look but i dont know how to import them back in the rom.

Game Development Discuss your games here, get help, and chat about the programs you use! (RM2K, Sphere, Game Maker, RM2K3, etc)
This forum is not for ROM-Hacks or things related to them!

That's all I have to say to you

MenosGrandeSolotario
September 3rd, 2008, 6:21 AM
i was there and they locked my thread saying it doesn't belong there either!

PoKéMaKeR
September 3rd, 2008, 6:59 AM
i was there and they locked my thread saying it doesn't belong there either!

It belongs there more then here... hold on let me look up for the right thread, because I'm such a nice guy ;)

EDIT: here you go, next time, read the rules before posting
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614&page=249

necroftw
September 3rd, 2008, 7:05 AM
Write in youtube: pokemon blue pearl

See this?
Nice
Any idea on making this script?
I hope yes!

In comments he said:

Dreamboy19
...the game scripts was created by me. but you can check it out the pokemon starter kit code ate pokemon community website. search it in google ;)

Thanks in advance.

fudgy
September 6th, 2008, 5:13 PM
i would like a tutorial on how to make city like tile(s), beach like tile(s), and forest tile(s), thank you :P

Unknown Entity
September 10th, 2008, 6:40 PM
Heyyyy, Not sure if this has been answered before but... I get this error when walking inside houses, and It doesn't start battles when I'm walking in grass... (Using Pokemon Essentials)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/AngelzRath/Untitled-6.png

sonic smash down
September 10th, 2008, 6:43 PM
ok i had this problem from the getgo as well man, just check the visual editor. click the map and make sure you dont have it set up as a cave.

Unknown Entity
September 10th, 2008, 6:55 PM
EDIT:Ok Fixed it, Thanks!

... ... ... ...

Unknown Entity
September 11th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Does anyone have any good Tilesets that go well with this one?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6356/kyledovewy9.png

Couse I really like that one, I just cant find any others that go good with it, like indoor. and other Tilesets....

4th Gen Matt
September 12th, 2008, 5:30 PM
Alright, I am trying to do the event for choosing your starter. This is what I've got.

<> Change face Graphics: facesets: 4, left
<> Message: Would you like Charmander, the fire type Pokemon?
<> Show Choices: Yes/No
: [Yes] Handler
<> Change Party Members: Charmander Add
<>
: [No] Handler
<> Message: Take as much time as you need to choose your starter. It is very important.
<>
: End
<>

Everything works fine except after the event is over I do not have Charmander in my party (after clicking Yes.)

Is anything wrong with the event?

Please answer quickly, this is getting me pissed.

?Alistair?
September 13th, 2008, 6:07 AM
Can I ask techinical questions here about uploading my game on to websites and stuff?

If so, may i enquire into how I do this. I've tried uploading the game .exe file onto upload sites and it works but when people try to play it, nothing happens. Do I have to upload the other files with it? And does it have to be saved as a .rar file, if so how do i go about that?

showbiznine
September 13th, 2008, 7:54 AM
one thing i can never quite understand is how to replace the trainer with pokemon when a battle starts. i was using various starter kits and i go into the actors database and there are no pokemon, neither are there stats, attacks or anything. i breifly looked into the code, but searching through hundreds of lines of words that make no sense to me gives me a headache.

i plan on learning how to code in the near future but intill then can some one explain how it works or link me to somewhere that can tell me.

thanks in advance

4th Gen Matt
September 14th, 2008, 5:45 AM
Yeah, I have absolutely no clue what size the title screen is supposed to be because my help file won't open.

Any help?

80th post~

Alliehj
September 17th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Is it possible that someone can get some Pokémon G/S/C Tiles FR/LG Style?
I am desperetly in need of the Sprout Tower and the Ruins of Alph.

I would be really gratefull if someone had these for me, or could make it, because I need it for a upcoming Pokémon Game I am making with some friends in secret ^^

-Alliehj

Ashje
September 21st, 2008, 6:18 PM
I need some help with terrain. Some of the black tiles outside of the players room allow you to step on them. How do I fix this. I've checked the Terrain tags and it still does not work.

I also need help with title screens. How do you animate them?

Finally can someone make a script for me that is the one in Pokemon Yellow how Pro. Oak stops you in the grass and battles Pikachu and then you get it in the lab? Thanks.^^

Jaydin Knight
September 22nd, 2008, 4:29 PM
Um, I need help resizing an OW sprite. How do you do it without completely ruining the look of it?

Also, I am looking for a desert tileset and a farm tileset, if anyone happens to have these, and wouldn't mind giving me them, it would be much appreciated.

Lastly, if anyone has a front Wes sprite, a front Rui sprite and some back Rui sprites, that I could have, that would be great. (Wes and Rui are the heros of Pokemon Colosseum, btw.)

tamapoke3
September 23rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
hey dudes were do i download pokemon rpg maker xp?
or 2003?

guys????????????????????????????????????

Ashje
September 23rd, 2008, 4:54 PM
I'm using Pokemon Essentials and I'm wondering how to add a rival and the code so that the rival appears when you put it in. Code Example: \PN will put the Players Name where you put it there so what is the one where you can get the Rivals Name to appear.

Thanks in Advance.^^

Atomic Reactor
September 23rd, 2008, 6:15 PM
google it. your bound to find a download site.

poccil
September 23rd, 2008, 7:20 PM
To add that functionality, see the section Adding a Player-Supplied Name for a Trainer (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#displayingaplayersuppliednameforatrainer) in the Pokemon Essentials documentation.

kaibachaoschampion
September 24th, 2008, 9:49 AM
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. Does anyone know how to increase the level cap in a Pokémon game? I'm asking mainly for in Pokémon Essentials. Thanks :)

Ashje
September 24th, 2008, 5:10 PM
To add that functionality, see the section Adding a Player-Supplied Name for a Trainer (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#displayingaplayersuppliednameforatrainer) in the Pokemon Essentials documentation.
Thanks for your help poccil, but where do I put those in Pro. Oaks speech? Thanks^^