PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Cards made in Japan in 1997

chopsooey
April 27th, 2008, 11:54 PM
hello,
I was wondering if anyone has information on Pocket Monster cards made in Japan in 1997. 95% of the card is written in Japanese. Even though I am only half Japanese, i can only read a little bit. They are copyrighted under Nintendo CREATURES GAMEFREAK TV TOKYO SHO-PRO JR KIKAKU.
on the front: it has the picture of the pokemon, its name and i think its strongest attack. the cards are numbered "FILE No.004", "FILE No.005", "FILE No.006" and so on. The top right corner has the Pocket Monsters logo in Japanese and the bottom of the card has the words "POCKET MONSTERS" in english.
on the back: starting from the top, it has the copright information, the file number, the pokemon's name, type, information, small picture of the pokemon with its height and weight. (<-- that's all in the top half) below there is a little diagram saying what level each pokemon evolve (if they do in fact evolve), in the bottom right hand corner going down, it has the pokemon's strongest attack, the PP of the strongest attack, what type of pokemon the attack is strongest against (e.g. Charmander - grass, ice and insect), also a small description of the attack (my guess). on the bottom left hand corner is a diagram showing the frequency in which you will see the pokemon in pokemon red, blue and green (some pokemon just have NO DATA there instead (e.g. Charmander), at the very bottom it has the creator's name in japanese (my guess is Banpresto and Bandai) then the year/location it was made which is "1997 MADE IN JAPAN". Each card is colour coded to match the type of pokemon it is (i think - Water pokemon in blue, grass in green and fire in red).
Please, does anyone have information on these cards?

Moonlit Umbreon
April 28th, 2008, 01:44 AM
I think this thread belongs in the Pokemon Trading Card Game category.

Anyways, I have heard about those particular Japanese cards before, but I don't know anything about them. I do own two foreign cards, one Chinese (1995), and the other Korean (1995), in which are 95% Asian, with the creator, date, and the level all written in English. Shame I don't own any Japanese ones, maybe you should research them up on Google or eBay, you never know what you might find. =D

Scales
April 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Wow ancient japanese ones. Those should be going up on auction in Japan for hundreds of dollars to collectors

Dunsparce
April 28th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I think this thread belongs in the Pokemon Trading Card Game category.

But they aren't trading cards, they seem to be the collectable ones that you don't play with (Like the TV-show based cards that on the front shows a large picture of a Pokemon with it's Name and Number, while on the back has other information)

chopsooey, I suggeset that you find someone you know mwith a scanner and post the picture here, both front and back. It would really help clarify things.

chopsooey
April 29th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Photo of the front of my Charmander card and back of my Drowsee card.

Dunsparce
April 29th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Photo of the front of my Charmander card and back of my Drowsee card.

That looks like early Sugimori Art. I alrady knew Sugimori made more than one drawing of each specie, but I'm never seen these pictures before.

chopsooey
April 29th, 2008, 09:24 AM
ooo i see. cool thanks ^^

Do you know any links where i could get more information on them or maybe some value on the cards?