PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Starter PKMN?

Moonlit Umbreon
April 28th, 2008, 02:53 AM
We all know that there are three starter Pokemon in every region in which each one contains a type - either leaf, fire, or water. But have you ever thought about which one you'd choose if only one choice could be made? :0

-> Which of the 12 starter Pokemon is your all-time favourite and why? - Click one and let's see the results! =)

This was real hard to decide, I gave it a lot of thought and I choose Cyndaquil, that was the Pokemon I really warmed up to in Gold v. The Johto Pokemon were really eye-catching and I loved giving Typhlosion haircuts in the under-pass. ^^

Phanima
April 28th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Click one? Is there a poll? o0

Anyway~ I used to really like Mudkip before the fad started up, which only made me like it even more, but now it's Piplup, which I originally hated until I was given one to write with/on/about. :>

Acrutheo
April 28th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Torchic, who I've had an affinity for ever since I first played Ruby and Sapphire, back in 2003. I do quite like Piplup as well, though.

hothead
April 28th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Turtwig i wish i could have a real life tturtwig i have a turtle in real life but having a turtwig would be so cool i would also like squrtile but i could only keep one

Storm-DC
April 28th, 2008, 06:01 AM
charmander.. mainly out of nostalgia

Milke
April 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Bulbasaur 4 same reasons as Storm :)

Decypher
April 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM
You might want to change Croconaw to Totodile. Once its changed I'll vote for that. I like Totodiles because they're energetic and look cool. xD

ss2 goku
April 28th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I was stuck between charmander and chimchar but in the end I chose charmander because its
the first pokemon I ever liked and its a bit cuter than chimchar.

Skaterzpenguin
April 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM
My fav. starter pokemon is Chikorita because its a strong grass type and I like jhoto pokemon! :)

Sajiri
April 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I voted chikorita as my favourite. I always liked taking grass starters because there arent enough decent grass types, plus I think grass types are underrated, such as in my experience when people want to beat a water type they would normally use electric over grass, so people counter by using water/rock/ground/electric/etc.

But if I had to choose one to use, I would pick chimchar, because out of final evolutions I like infernape best, and I like the dual fire/fighting.

Moonlit Umbreon
April 28th, 2008, 10:25 PM
You might want to change Croconaw to Totodile. Once its changed I'll vote for that. I like Totodiles because they're energetic and look cool. xD

OH KRABBY. O.O Thanks for pointing that out Decypher, I guess I wasn't thinking when I typed that in. I would change it but there's no poll edit option so I can't. =C I've edited the first post though, stating that Croconaw is actually meant to be Totodile, so it's ok to vote for it now, everyone'll know that it's actually Totodile. =) Thanks again. ^^;

Tetsu
April 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hmm... After much debate I chose... Turtwig. BUT, in my eyes, Turtwig ties with Cyndaquil. The only reason I chose him over Cyndaquil is because of his eventual duel-type. As an added bonus that no body want, here are the rest in order of greatest to not wanted. Turtwig - Cyndaquil - Totodile - Piplup - Charmander - Squirtle - Chikorita - Bulbasaur - Mudkip - Torchik - Treeko - Chimchar Why that order? Does it really matter?

THIRTY-SIX
April 28th, 2008, 10:36 PM
WTf? it's totodile not crocnaw xD ^^;
Well that's my fav… although as for their final evos it'd be Swampert then Torterra.

Binary
April 29th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Charmander....since the start of Pokemon, I've always liked this cute little guy.
I just like it's looks and everything about. And besides, it was the first pokemon I ever liked 8D

Toblerone
April 29th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Its definitely between the three Kanto starters, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. They are all so cute!

*Firestar*
April 29th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I chose turtwig because it is soo cute!:D But Swampert is my fav evolved starter:D

MetalMEB
April 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Squirtle is my #1 fav, but I like all the Kanto and Johto starters, and I also like Turtwig.

Don't care a whole lot for the 3rd gen, starters...not that I don't like them or anything.. Its just... I dunno what it is =P

Um...if I had to choose one of the Hoenn starters, I'd say Torchic. Before I started going online and going on forums, though, I would've said Mudkip but the "so i herd u liek mudkipz" thing just made me not like it as much >_>

D-puff
April 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Cydiquil if anything. which is very strange for me, because i usually never like fire pokemon (excluding Ninetails also). As for other regions; probably Squirtle for Kanto, Treeko for Hoenn, and Piplup for Sihno (though i havnt played d/p).

Although in general i dont like using starters; they seem to have a cheep advantage of them over other pokemon. That, and if you only train your starters, you absolutely screwed when you get to your rival. I usually pick my favorite pokemon from that game thats found somewhat early on in the game, so i can actually train it and whatnot.

Siimo
April 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Mudkip! :D

He was my starter in my Sapphire and in my Red Rescue Team!

Not to mention he rocks! XD

zilla103
April 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
My favorite is charmander because it can evolve in to charmeleon and then Charizard!!!

fade101
April 29th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Mudkip! :D

He was my starter in my Sapphire and in my Red Rescue Team!

Not to mention he rocks! XDLol!! Same here as in the Red Rescue Team but in my case my favourite is Charmander!! Woooo!!!

Red1530
April 29th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I have to go with Mudkip because it has powerful moves and it's a duel type. Also Moonlit Umbreon contact a Mod to see if they can fix the poll for you.

Cherrim
April 30th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Croconaw changed to Totodile. ;) Next time just PM a mod or higher to edit the poll for you, no problem!

As for the poll itself, that's such a tough question! I think I might have to say Charmander. Out of all the starters I've had, it's the one where I actually like all of its evolutions. I love Charmander, I like Charmeleon and I love Charizard.

With all the other starters I've had (Totodile, Torchic, Piplup), there have been parts of it's evolution line that I just didn't like. I didn't like Feraligatr, I didn't like Combusken, I didn't like any of Piplup's evolutions... and as for any other starters that I didn't personally pick? The same thing with them. XD; So Charmander wins overall.

Duke R
April 30th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Piplup, Grotle and Infernape!

KKN
April 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I would have to say Squirtle, because it evolves into my favorite non-legendary Pokemon, Wartortle.

Toastri
April 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'd pick Treecko. I am a BIG fan of grass pokemons. My second one would be Mudkip.

lucysaur
April 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
my order of preference is:
Squirtle
Bulbasaur (hence the name)
Midkip
Totodile
Charmander
Piplup
Cyndaquil
Chikorita
Chimchar
Treeko
Turtwig

For some completely illogical reason I love squirtles. I'm not usually a grass pokemon fan but theres something about bulbasaur, i like the concept of blooming into a flower. I always thought charmander was overrated until all the other fire types came out. Charizard owns all of them!

geno421
May 2nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
I'm going to have to go with Charmander. I've always loved the way he looks and I loved him in the anime. :)

MUSION
May 2nd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Treecko and Mudkip are mine.

Moonlit Umbreon
May 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Croconaw changed to Totodile. ;) Next time just PM a mod or higher to edit the poll for you, no problem!

As for the poll itself, that's such a tough question! I think I might have to say Charmander. Out of all the starters I've had, it's the one where I actually like all of its evolutions. I love Charmander, I like Charmeleon and I love Charizard.

With all the other starters I've had (Totodile, Torchic, Piplup), there have been parts of it's evolution line that I just didn't like. I didn't like Feraligatr, I didn't like Combusken, I didn't like any of Piplup's evolutions... and as for any other starters that I didn't personally pick? The same thing with them. XD; So Charmander wins overall.

Thankyou so much Lightning, I really appreciate it! I'll be sure to inform a moderator next time I mess up on a poll like this. =D Thanks again.

Jappio
May 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
I can't really decide. Bulbasaur would have to be my favorite back in the day, but with the introduction of turtwig I can't decide. I love turtwig because its a turtle, and unlike Squirtle, it's a water/ground, an awesome typing since I prefer the grass starters and natural earthquake is pretty cool. Of course I like things like Cyndaquil and Squirtle, but really Bulbasaur and Turtwig are my two favorite. Really can't decide.

BeachBoy
May 2nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
So... I herd U liek Mudkipz?

Yes, heck yes I do.

I've always been a big mudkip fan. Before third gen it as Totodile & Charmander. However, in today's circle of life... Mudkip is my favorite. It looks awesome, is famous, and evolves into one of my favorite bulky waters. :D Always be mudkip fan. ;D

Chibbichan
May 3rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
Squirtle - It's actually my favourite Pokemon

Cassino
May 3rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
Cyndaquil. I usually go for a fire type starter, and I just think that Cyndaquil looks best.

Moonlit Umbreon
May 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Poll Status

Charmander - 1st [winning 1 over -]
|
v
Cyndaquil - 2nd [winning 2 over -]
|
v
Squirtle - 3rd [winning 2 over 4]

ShadowofTime01
May 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
I love the 3 Kanto starters. And mudkip.

My absolute favorite would have to be #001, Bulbasuar!

destinedjagold
May 3rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
KANTO: Bulbasaur
JOHTO: Cyndaquil
HOENN: Treecko
SINNOH: Turtwig

but out from the 4, I really love Cyndaquil. :P

Lockmaster24
May 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Totodile is number 1 but Squirtle, Torchic and Piplup tie for second

tom10
May 10th, 2008, 08:02 AM
wat r the best fire water and grass starters of all the games?

solopy567
May 10th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Let's see

Kanto: Squirtle
Jhoto: Cindaquil
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Chimchar

Grass starters suck too much.

Storm-DC
May 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
there have been a million of these threads already. anyway (A); mudkip, charmander and treecko

The Beast
May 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Kanto: Squirtle
Jhoto: Cindaquil
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Turtwig

fade101
May 10th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think I already posted sumthin in this post...

owh well... bulbasaur, torchic and mudkip...

tom10
May 10th, 2008, 12:43 PM
i was just wondering cuz im putting my team 2gether and i no im wanting charmaneder i jus cant decide on the rest

Skaterzpenguin
May 10th, 2008, 01:19 PM
kanto: squirtle
jhoto: totodile
hoenn: torchic
sinnoh: piplup

Storm-DC
May 10th, 2008, 02:21 PM
at least reply on the question and NOT your favourite starter of each generation. he's asking for your favourite water, grass and fire starter of all generations. so you'll have to reply one fire starter, one water starter, one grass starter.

hothead
May 10th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ok see now the problem with what your saying is that it all depends on the trainer because say you pick sqritle in the first region you can catch othere fire and grass pokemon so really its more up to you as an indavidualy i personally think
Kanto Charmander
Jhoto tododile
hohen torchic or swampet
Shino turtwig and chimchar
but foir some one else it could be totally differerent so just go for the one that you think is the best

Ausaudriel
May 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM
wat r the best fire water and grass starters of all the games?
I'm merging your thread into an existing one about favorite starters, try searching for similar threads before you start new ones in the future. ^^;

ErickaVolt
May 10th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Cyndaquil the best. It has high stats and has no weakness..... Even water.....

Ibuberu
May 10th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Mudkip~! Its so cute, how could you not like it. And its ground/water dual type is incredibly awesome. <D Not to mention that cute fin upon its head. =D Its the first starter that really appealed to me enough to think, " I've GOT to get THAT! " for the previous generations, I had a hard time deciding which starter I wanted to pick at the beginning of the game. xD;

Superjub
May 10th, 2008, 04:53 PM
My favourite is Torchic as it can become in my opinion an awesome fire and fighting type. :)

.:~Ariana~:.
May 10th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Torchic! It was my first ever Pokemon, and I love it to pieces.

Cid
May 10th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I'd choose Piplup since I'm at the 4th Generation right now (I'm playing Diamond)...

Why? Well, maybe because he has balanced Attack and Defense and he can also learn Ice-type attacks, like any other Water-type Pokemon. Also, his final evolution, Empoleon, is part-Steel type, which has resistance to Dragon-types...

Valarauca
May 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM
first starter i ever got was cyndaquil...Also from a strageric stand point its pretty good

skyterra
May 11th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Cyndaquil.

My first EVER pokemon.

Tré
May 11th, 2008, 06:17 AM
first i like charmander but now im sick of choosing fire types pokemon so im stickin' with treecko..

Game Freak
May 11th, 2008, 06:37 AM
well, yifrst was charmander, and the original basic deck charmander card brings back a lot of memories, but the one that is my favorite is mudkip.

i luv mudkipz :D

LSS_Raditz
May 11th, 2008, 06:39 AM
it's a draw between cyndaquil and mudkip

Harwinder
May 11th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Well, I like charmander since it is from the orginal series and since it turns into charazard.

Naito
May 11th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Cyndaquil...

Although it's slowly changing to Totodile...

Barkovitch
May 11th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Gotta go with Bulbasaur, although to me all of the Kanto Starters are pretty even, possibly just due to nostalgic value. Not a fan of Venusaur, but Ivysaur is one of my favorite first generation Pokemon. (On a strange note, although I picked Bulbasaur, I like every stage of both the Squirtle and Charmander lines.)

Mattysaurus
May 11th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I love Squirtle because it has great defense and evolves into a pokemon(Blastoise) with hydro-jets.