PDA

View Full Version : Is Battle Revolution worth the cash?

Tsuroerusu
April 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Pokémon Battle Revolution has been out for a little while in my country, however I have heard mixed feelings about it, I'd like some feedback on whether it's worth the money. Taxes in my country are very high for various reasons, and that makes video games quite expensive, so I generally do not buy a new one very often.

Lalapizzame
April 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Not really.You can get free pokemon and some items for beating the game and getting points but the game is plain.All you do is just go beat up a few pokemon and that's it,the story is just that plain.The Wi-fi is quite horrible too.Lots of people are horrible and don't EV train or use ubers or do both things.

Dog11561
May 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
someone told me it stinks. the person told me that all you do is you verse people with random pokemon and you verse random trainers. the only reason to get the game is to get magmortar and electrivire in your pokemon diamond/pearl.

DCFC_Woody
May 14th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Not worth it mate...

you have a choice of pokemon which are always crap to fight with you can like never catch anything... the pokemon are chosen for you and change when you battle another trainer

Tallulah
May 14th, 2008, 04:44 AM
You can use your own pokemon from your Diamond/Pearl version and you can win prizes and stuff for doing well. It's basically like Pokemon Stadium from the N64 or the Battle Tower. I like it for getting items I couldn't get in Diamond and for testing teams I want to use against my friends. If you like the battling stuff like the Battle Tower or Pokemon Stadium I'd buy it.

Kayke™
May 15th, 2008, 04:53 AM
The only thing it's good for is random online matches (which diamond and pearl should have provided...) and the decent-looking graphics. Worth 50 bucks? No. Hell no. Worth 20 when Nintendo realizes it's overpriced? Yes. Worth a rent atleast.

Tallulah
May 15th, 2008, 06:26 AM
They'll lower the price, they always make games cheaper when they've been out longer.

MBXfilms
May 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I don't know why it is still 50 bucks. They really need to put it to 20 new. I'll get it right away for 20. I'd love to try some random battles and such.

sgtJARHEAD
May 18th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'ma try to rent this game and just get the unlockable stuff for Pearl. ^_^

If I like it, I may buy it used.

Crystal Shaymin
May 18th, 2008, 11:33 AM
eh, i use it to get things like salac berries and such, and to test out my d/p teams.

Le_Avatar
May 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I own it and found it pretty okay. Sure this could have been better but, I enjoy anyway as you can use your D/P pokes to complete the game and to go battle over Wi-Fi.
Pretty good way to get in 3D battles I think.
But you should rent it first to check out if you like it ;)

World King
May 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
The game is only good for one thing: Random Wi-Fi battles when no one wants to battle you on DS.

Of course, no one buys PBR without actually having a Diamond or Pearl Team ready. Because otherwise, there's nothing you can do.

Archer
May 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Are there any Items/TMs available through getting PBR? An Extra Life Orb or Stealth Rock TM would be nice...

knightkul
May 19th, 2008, 08:29 AM
if you think getting some berries evolution items Magmortar, elektrivire and a pikachu is worth it then yes...

World King
May 19th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Maybe the Items are also worth, but I really just bought it for the Random Wi-Fi battles!

Kayke™
May 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Are there any Items/TMs available through getting PBR? An Extra Life Orb or Stealth Rock TM would be nice...

To answer your question, I don't believe so. If you need those items, I can hook you up. I have a few extras of both. ;P

Wichu
May 22nd, 2008, 08:11 AM
There are items available on PBR, but no Life orb or Stealth Rock. Check Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/battle/items.shtml) first, next time.

*Firestar*
May 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
I like it for the Battling. I like battling anyway. BUT, exception with Pearl as it is really tedious getting my pokes up levels.

Virtual Chatot
May 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
I would have to say no, I haven't touched it since I first played it.

redmoose
May 22nd, 2008, 11:46 PM
id rather break my disk then keep the game, its terrible

*Firestar*
May 23rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Well Tsuroerusu, have you decided yet?

Saviour_Gundam
May 23rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
I... actually enjoy it, yeah its stupid that it has no storyline and is probably just an extension of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. However there are some qualities about it I like:
- WiFi battle with anyone - SURE it can be a bit slow but hey, what can I say? Its WiFi, it also gives you the chance of playing someone completely random, although you should be aware of those endless teams of legendary Pokemon :: shudder :: I hate using Legends
- Item/Pokemon Receiving - Ok my hands are in the air with all of you when you say its a time guzzler just trying to get all those points, but if you have the time to EV train your Pokemon, Breed Pokemon for specific stats and Natures and Egg moves, why wouldn't you have time to get the Items/Pokemon?
- Graphics - They're nothing TOO special, but my day gets brighter when I watch Metagross just float a couple feet to Hammer Arm his opponents or when Drapion decides to hump the ground (try it, you'll laugh)

thats... pretty much it for me...
Rental or On Sale, don't go for the whole 50

wakachamo
May 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Not worth the cash, IMO. You're better off getting almost any other proper Wii game from Nintendo than getting PBR.

solopy567
May 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
It would be wiser to get a Gamecube and buy Colosseum and XD.....

They have better prizes than Battle Revolution, such as Ho-Oh and Lugia (Which are normally only available through events) and Johto starters

Plus, they are RPGs which makes them fun

*Firestar*
May 27th, 2008, 05:10 AM
For Lugia though, u need to purify it which is impossible isnt it?

Houndoom666
May 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Um, I thought it was worth every penny. :)
And some people think its worth 20$, lol nah id say 34.95
Otherwise great game. And yes worth the moneez.

Mouse The Great
May 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Actually, it really depends. By no standard is it worth $50. Maybe $30-35. However, if you dont have diamond or pearl as well as wi-fi you are wasting your money completely.

Lil MuDkiP849
May 28th, 2008, 08:38 PM
i'd say yes because items that are extremely hard to get in D/P are easier to get in PBR and plus the wifi isnt as bad as everyone says i mean you get your opponents *trainer card* and sort of see diff. tactics from around the world. I havent come across too many uber users and either way it's still fun idk why people say it isn't =/

PiSToLZ
May 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Its definitly not worth it. Its ok if you have pearl but if you dont...

Saltare.
June 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
in my opinion, i like the game a lot. I mean you can battle someone in Toyko, Japan with the Wi-Fi and you can copy your pokemon from diamond/pearl into the game, so i think it's pretty neat

Yoshimi
June 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Oh no, just no.
It was a terrible game, with only good graphics and features.
It is definitely the worst game behind the one where you watch t.v all day.
It has no story at all.
But if you are, like some people, easily amused by good graphics, then be my guest.
but if you focus more on the storyline, don't even consider it.
so get it only if you like
graphics
connecting up to the wii with a ds
prizes(like surfing pikachu or mystery gift)

And thats the only good things about it.
i personally sold my battle revolution because there was no story behind it.

Jebel35
June 13th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I got it for Christmas last year and the only really good things about it were getting Magmortar/Electivire as well as various items, and seeing your Pearl/Diamond Pokemon on your TV screen.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 03:41 AM
it gets boring after a while. But it has wifi to kick everyones butt on so Yea it is worth the cash

:t354:TG

Saltare.
June 14th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Personally, i think it's totally worth the money. You can battle people around the world, and get free pokemon! PLUS you can do a DS battle with 1 or more friends. But the characters look strange from Diamond/Pearl

yeah, i got pbr for christmas last year, and my mom forgot to buy Diamond, so we went to gamestop the next day and got the game for half the price cuz we like live there. And we can go anytime to play the games.

Shyok
June 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
i got it, its fun only if you have a diamond/pearl game and copy it to your pbr game, and you dont need FCs to battle people. Also tournaments are fun too! i totally think everyone should buy it, you can customize your character with different gear, and customize your trainer card, with the pokemon you want, the animations great but you get way more out of it with a pokemon diamond/pearl game.

Saltare.
June 14th, 2008, 11:40 AM
yeah, i got pbr for christmas last year, and my mom forgot to buy Diamond, so we went to gamestop the next day and got the game for half the price cuz we like live there. And we can go anytime to play the games.

i got it, its fun only if you have a diamond/pearl game and copy it to your pbr game, and you dont need FCs to battle people. Also tournaments are fun too! i totally think everyone should buy it, you can customize your character with different gear, and customize your trainer card, with the pokemon you want, the animations great but you get way more out of it with a pokemon diamond/pearl game.

yeah, but if wanna battle a specific person, you need their friend code on the Wii in order to battle them. Yeah, my bro loves it and he's 14. He has all psychics in his party,

Gallade, Kirlia, Mespirit, Uxie, Alelf, and Gardevoir,

Me, I just mix it up, but right now its two legendaries, 3 hoenn starters, and 1 sinnoh starter

.Vaporeon
June 16th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I think its worth the money.
It's a great game.
10/10.

~The Lucario Master

Shem
June 17th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Its a waste of money unless you have diamond and pearl. Its nice though if you have friends that have PBR or D/P because battling on your tv is a blast. Depending on how your raise your pokemon, you can buy some excellant mystery gift items for your D/P game, as well as a surfing pikachu, a Magmortar, and an Electivire that you can have and send to your friends. The wifi Battleing is a blast because you can battle random people. The only downside of this game is how in some of the Colleseums they give you dumb challenges where you may end up using crap pokemon or screwed over by your own pokemon. I definatly recommend it though.

super-7
June 18th, 2008, 05:56 PM
if you like seeing pokemon in 3-d the game is for you but its very repetative and boring.. the online
is decent but there are lots of noobs. The only reason i got it was for the special pokemon and because
it was the first wifi game for the wii

ΜσdαΜϑrdεrεr
June 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I was so torn between should pay or not. But, I'm glad I didn't buy it. Thanks for sharing your opinion, guys. =]

Shem
June 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM
its one of those games that you get bored with but come back to it in a few months and have just as much fun your first time. My disc doesnt work and my wii is on its way back from California (it was getting repaired) and the only game i miss is PBR

SwampertTrainer
June 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I love the game, although it is unfortunate how it's JUST battling. You get some really good graphics on it though. I mainly play it to see new moves I've learned get "3D-ized"

dr00
June 22nd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Are there any Items/TMs available through getting PBR? An Extra Life Orb or Stealth Rock TM would be nice...there are a lot of TMs and a lot of items you only get one of in the games like dawn stone etc.

For Lugia though, u need to purify it which is impossible isnt it?aaaaaaaahhh purifying!
*rocks back and forth in a corner, muttering in tongues like a teen in an after-school special*

I love the game, although it is unfortunate how it's JUST battling. You get some really good graphics on it though. I mainly play it to see new moves I've learned get "3D-ized"

yeah. if only there were mini-games at least.
i bought it the month it came out, and took it to a place near my house that has a bunch of gaming consoles setup and we'd sit and play DS-battles for hours at a time.
everyone asked me if they should buy it and i said no lol.

it's not a TERRIBLE game. it just doesn't have a lot of content. what it does do, however, it does fairly well. so if you can find it relatively cheap, i'd suggest getting it.

also the masters battle gyms at the end of the game are incredibly challenging and fun.

Lil MuDkiP849
June 23rd, 2008, 06:44 AM
i hate the masters battle because it's all double battle tactics and more then likely you'll be using single battle ones.

Horyo
June 25th, 2008, 09:11 AM
My friend says Stadium was more dynamic.

Although the graphics are really pretty...

*Firestar*
June 25th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Idk why people don't like it. Half of D/P is battling so why not like all battling? Although, I can see why people don't like battling with only doubles or only singles on that thing, but you should be able to swap after you've done it once.

WarHawk
June 27th, 2008, 03:21 AM
It's good if you like Pokemon that much,I told my friend to give me the Mystery Gifts.

sims796
June 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Oh no, just no.
It was a terrible game, with only good graphics and features.
It is definitely the worst game behind the one where you watch t.v all day.
It has no story at all.
But if you are, like some people, easily amused by good graphics, then be my guest.
but if you focus more on the storyline, don't even consider it.
so get it only if you like
graphics
connecting up to the wii with a ds
prizes(like surfing pikachu or mystery gift)

And thats the only good things about it.
i personally sold my battle revolution because there was no story behind it.

I disagree with this. The grahics in this gameare terrible. I mean, come on. Faces looks like they've been drawn on, andit looks similar to the N64. Chalky frames, blocky graphics.

The reason that I hate it, and can't see why anyone wouldl ike it, is because it is ONLY BATTLING. Why is that so bad, if that isall pokemon is? I'll tell you. YOU GET THE EXACT SAME THING IN DIAMOND & PEARL. Aside from the "graphics" everything that you can do in Battle Revolution, you can do in D/P. There is no real replay value, and nothing to reallyjustify a $50 price tag.

Seriously, what is it about? What can you do there that you cannot do on D/P? 3D battles? Please. If that's the case, you are paying such a steep price, just to see your pokes in chessy graphics. And THAT is why minigames are so important. F0r $50, I want more. MOAR!

Oh, and "exclusive pokes"? You mean that is worth $50? The problem is, too many pokefans will buy anything with a Pikachu on the cover. This game is an outrage, simply because it seems they didn't even try. They literally put some crap together, took out the destructable enviorments (meaning they went back) and slapped a heafty price on it.

SmashGood
July 5th, 2008, 01:48 AM
The look and feel of it are great, but do not expect it to be like Stadium or XD.

Saruboy
July 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I thought it wasn't too bad, some of the late in-game challenges can be tough. But, yeah, I thought older games were better. It has a cool feature where you can set all the levels to 50, so if your guys are at 70 and your friends are at 9, this balances it out.The in game avatar feature was kinda gay, though.

All in all, if you're big into pokemon, though, I would recommend it.

fluffy
July 14th, 2008, 06:08 AM
i enjoyd this game bfo it got stolen it is wth the fifty bucks beacause i just like all battling and no annoying pokes in the field popping up wen i wanan just go to town as fast as possible the animations is funny and if u buy the game to get the pokes u cant get in d/p might as well get action replay and save 20 bucks so its wth it if u gonna play it but if u gonna sell it wen u get the pokes then dont buy it

thewolfpwns
July 14th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I personally found it boring. If you don't have Diamond or Pearl, you are pretty much paying $50 for a few Pokemon that you must battle with the whole game.

The character customization was stripped down from what I originally expected for it to be.

And there's nothing else but battling. However, there is WiFi battles, but half of the time, it kicked me off.

However, IMO, the graphics are pretty good, and the prizes seem okay.

SwampertTrainer
July 14th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I agree. You really need to have DPP to enjoy it, otherwise the whole thing a HUGE waste of money.
But I'd definitely recommend it if you do have DPP, and enjoy just pure battling.

Blazekick doom
July 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I do not think it's worth it. Yeah you get to do all that fancy stuff but it has no story like Colesseum or the other 3-D Pokemon RPG's.

Nuke
July 14th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Its just about worth it.

Its worth it for a few weeks and competitive wi-fi battles look much better on it.

Blazekick doom
July 14th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Whaa?!! Oh come on dude. It doesn't even have an adventure mode or something.

Nuke
July 14th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Whaa?!! Oh come on dude. It doesn't even have an adventure mode or something.

Is a game suddenly awful just for not having an adventure mode.

Its 'Adventure Mode' is actually just as good as Colleseum's despite not having a story because lets face it colleseum had a poor story.

PBR is still a decent game for what it wants to do.

Blazekick doom
July 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Well...no..it...i-it, I got it and I'm not happy with it. But I'm still a fan of the series so I do have respect for what you're saying but all I want is story that's it.

Staticbill
July 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I'd buy it used or until it goes to 20-30 dollars or so. It doesn't have tons of great reviews.

Lil MuDkiP849
July 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I felt colosseum had a good story and what-not...

And to blazekick doom, if you dont like the game then ok, it's mainly for people who like random wifi battles with a touch of graphic design to them which is one of the main reasons i play D/P.

lnfamous
July 19th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I played it for a couple of hours. I realized that I really don't like that kind of game. Don't buy it, bro. Follow what people said.

masterfun101
July 19th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Its not worth 50 bux but it is a fun game. So get it on ebay. Cheap. Fun.

Tips to make it better: Don't make the pokemon you use to good for the first rounds of some collseums. it will be 2 e z

Bludycomicsinc
July 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't recomend it unless you have an internet connection.There isn't a whole lot to do in the game.You battle this and that and once you beat all the collussiums(sorry about spelling)there isn't much anything else to do.i I like wifi battles.

Pogiforce-14
July 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
PBR is Battle Tower with extra rule sets, prettier visuals, and the potential to get:
A: PBR volt tackling/ Surfing Pikachu
B: PBR Magmortar
C: PBR Electivire

the item shop may be different from that of the actual Battle Tower, but I haven't been so bored as to sit down and compare them.

DialgaDiamond
July 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
No. But it gets a bit better when you do Wi Fi. That's the most thing I do on BR.

lukeh
July 23rd, 2008, 04:35 AM
Not at all. Don't buy it. Only if you want to play with friends...

MasterPalkia
July 23rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
It all depends on if you like long some times boring battles.

NoriakiZ
July 23rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
If you have D/P or Wi-Fi, get it. If not, rent it or stay away.

Yoshimi
July 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Is a game suddenly awful just for not having an adventure mode.

Its 'Adventure Mode' is actually just as good as Colleseum's despite not having a story because lets face it colleseum had a poor story.

PBR is still a decent game for what it wants to do.

I will never face it because i, like many people, liked coliseums story.
i don't know if its just me, but i like games with a story, no matter how bad it is.
and you were saying it was worth it because of its wi-fi and graphics, but it has more than that.
A lot more people would like it if they just put a few more minigames in it.
thats why stadium(or whatever it was) was such a huge success.
I mean, who wouldn't want to run on a treadmill as a purple rat?
Back on topic, it is a decent game for what it wanted to do, but that was all.
I'm pretty sure there pokemon is fun because of its traveling and side quests(or was that Legend of zelda?), not just battles.
this took all the fun out of traveling when you selected the area with your wii-mote.
the game basically sucked without D/P/P.
you had to go around with terrible pokemon(i'm pretty sure gabite would be garchomp by level 50) and their terrible movesets and challenge random leaders to go somewhere else.
they just put the battle arena in a single game.

Emerald Yoshi
August 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM
It is like Pokemon Stadium, but i you havent gotten Super Smash Brothers Brawl. buy that instead.

蜃気楼
August 5th, 2008, 11:36 PM
It's boring, static.
get SSBB or Platinum

Zennerick
August 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Not worth it mate...

you have a choice of pokemon which are always crap to fight with you can like never catch anything... the pokemon are chosen for you and change when you battle another trainer
Apparently you never actually played the game. You failed to mention that you can use your OWN Pokemon and It does not change (You PICK the Pokemon) your Pokemon inless you fight in the Sunset Colosseum and the Neon Colosseum.

Colosseum Info:

Sunset Colosseum --- "This one is tough. It's called a Select Battle, where 12 random Pokemon from a set list are thrown on the screen. You get to select the Pokemon you want out of these 12. The 12 are not the same 12 as what you and your opponent have. In fact, your Battle Pass is basically pointless for this colosseum."

Neon Colosseum --- "Fortune Battle. This one is exceptionally annoying. All 12 Pokemon (your six and your opponent's six) will be on a spinning wheel. You'll throw darts to select your actual team: whatever Pokemon your dart hits gets added. That could mean you'll get yours, or you'll get his. With some practice, you'll be able to time your dart throw and get the Pokemon you want."

kabigon
August 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I disagree with this. The grahics in this gameare terrible. I mean, come on. Faces looks like they've been drawn on, andit looks similar to the N64. Chalky frames, blocky graphics.

The reason that I hate it, and can't see why anyone wouldl ike it, is because it is ONLY BATTLING. Why is that so bad, if that isall pokemon is? I'll tell you. YOU GET THE EXACT SAME THING IN DIAMOND & PEARL. Aside from the "graphics" everything that you can do in Battle Revolution, you can do in D/P. There is no real replay value, and nothing to reallyjustify a $50 price tag.

Seriously, what is it about? What can you do there that you cannot do on D/P? 3D battles? Please. If that's the case, you are paying such a steep price, just to see your pokes in chessy graphics. And THAT is why minigames are so important. F0r $50, I want more. MOAR!

Oh, and "exclusive pokes"? You mean that is worth $50? The problem is, too many pokefans will buy anything with a Pikachu on the cover. This game is an outrage, simply because it seems they didn't even try. They literally put some crap together, took out the destructable enviorments (meaning they went back) and slapped a heafty price on it.

This man speaks the TRUTH!

Zennerick
August 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I've had this idea for a while, a Pokemon Game that allows you to do both contests (For those of who like contests) and battling. You can do contests in which you can compete on Wifi. You could even make combinations of moves (like in the TV series). I think it would be a great mix. Instead of just battling constantly, you could switch off on what you want to do each day which would be way more fun (In my opinion).

They literally put some crap together, took out the destructable enviorments (meaning they went back) [S-HIGHLIGHT]and slapped a heafty price on it.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
First of all, let me make this clear, almost all Wii games cost $50, Inless they are either used, on sale/a special, or you live in a state where every single product/item is sold cheap.

*Firestar*
August 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Just a question, but when will Tsuroerusu reply?