PDA

View Full Version : EX Starter Kit

Pogiforce-14
July 26th, 2004, 08:46 AM
They've made a new Starter Kit for the new players of today. I bought it jsut for the cards, and I noticed that they are catually there own, small sets. They give you a Latias and a Latios that you can't get anywhere else, and each set is number 1 through 10. The Latias set has a small red latias symbol in teh bottome right corner, and the Latios set has a small Latios symbol in the bottom right hand corner. it also comes with a new pikachu coin, the rule book, a beginners guie, and a play mat with the rules on them. Does nayone have thoughts about this new Starter Set?

Mullet
July 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM
What is that and where did you get it.

Pogiforce-14
July 26th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Walmart. They made a new starter set for new players. And just like the yugioh cards, teh starter set is it's own set.

pichaque
July 26th, 2004, 12:48 PM
let me say now...the gym leader at my league was looking at it and showed us some stuff...and really...unless you just want to have the cards, dont get it...really, the cards there are pretty much a waste of money...the only thing good is the latios and latias...the rest are simple commons and uncommons...one is fire, other i think is electric...

ravenstorture
July 26th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Can you give us a list of what cards come in it, and how many?

Bullados
July 26th, 2004, 02:42 PM
One of them is Latios, Magneton (bad one from Dragons), Delcatty (SS)

The other is Latias, Combusken (Dragons), Linoone (RS).

Out of all of those cards, Linoone is the only one worth playing.

ravenstorture
July 27th, 2004, 06:23 AM
When you said Delcatty, for a second there I was kind of excited because I needed another one, from R/S not the sucky one from SS. Oh well. Linoone is cool, but I won't get either of them.

Bullados
July 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
they're both in the same package, both 30 card minidecks. It also comes with an EX: Dragons booster pack.

ravenstorture
July 27th, 2004, 04:35 PM
It's not worth the money. Probably around 15 bucks right?

Scyther5
July 27th, 2004, 07:41 PM
YEah, thats what I want to know, is it worth my money?
Beacuse I'm really tight on money these days, and something like a new starter is always good in some case because you can get alot of cards for alot less money.

Bullados
July 28th, 2004, 04:37 AM
probably round 10 bux. I say that b/c the theme decks were always 10 bux, and this isn't much more than a theme deck.

ravenstorture
July 28th, 2004, 08:27 AM
I dunno, I may go out and get it just for the Latios and Latias, because I don't have them yet.

Pogiforce-14
July 28th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I forgot to mention that it also comes with a EX Dragons booster. That SS Delcatty is actually pretty good. It has an attack called Ultra Energy Source that does ten damage for all energies attached to all actives. If your a collector, I would suggest getting the cards since they're labeled as a different set. The one's in the half that has latias is setlabeled with a red Latias symbol. The half that comes with Latios are setlabeled with a blue Latios symbol.

ravenstorture
July 28th, 2004, 05:31 PM
The Delcatty isn't that good. It is only good if you are playing double battle because then you actually have more than one active pokemon. Your opponent's active doesn't count if that is what you are thinking, that counts as the defending. It's not really that good, but I still may get it just for the latios and latias.

Pogiforce-14
July 28th, 2004, 06:14 PM
yes it does. it says on teh card, and I quote,"Does ten damage times the number of basic energy cards attached to all of the Active Pokemon(Both yours and your opponents)."

Mullet
July 28th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Smack alot of energys on it and do some damage if you are trying to kill an EX or a strong Pokemon sounds pretty good to me.

Bullados
July 29th, 2004, 04:43 AM
compared to the RS Holo Cat, it's pathetic...

Pogiforce-14
July 29th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Make do with what you got. it's better than alot of other cards out there.

ravenstorture
July 29th, 2004, 10:17 AM
No it's not. It really isn't that good. Compared to a lot of other cards out there, it's not good at all.

Pogiforce-14
July 29th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I'm starting to think you don't know your cards. :\

Vappy
July 29th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Latios owns in my opinion.

Bullados
July 29th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Compared to the top cards in the format, that Delcatty isn't worth anything. Remember, you've got Blaze, Gardy, Swampert, Milotic, and the RS Holo Cat to compete against. An uncommon card from a bad set can't do much against that...

Shukuen Shinobi
July 29th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Compared to the top cards in the format, that Delcatty isn't worth anything. Remember, you've got Blaze, Gardy, Swampert, Milotic, and the RS Holo Cat to compete against. An uncommon card from a bad set can't do much against that...

That is so true. A little uncommon Delcatty can't go up against much of anything. Blaze, Gardy, Swampy, Sceptile, Milotic/Walreign...even my Exploud could pwn that Delcatty.

By all means, for beginners it's not that bad...but in tourny play, it's just horrible, along with many of the uncommon/rare versions of holo cards..Magneton, Delcatty, Blaziken, Swampert, etc. for example.

Pogiforce-14
July 29th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I wasn't jsut comparing to the top cards, I know that would be a difficult card to play in a tournament. I'm talking all teh cards, from every set. He's certainly better than most other uncommons and he tops all the commons. You gotta look at the bigger picture, not just tourny ruling cards. There is more fun to the game than jsut tournaments.

And by teh way, in this set they're techincally all the same rarity since the latios and latias symbol is where teh rarity symbol would be.

At any rate I ahve a nack for doing well with weaker cards. :D

firemaster
August 5th, 2004, 09:29 PM
that sounds like the ultimate card for ruining you opponents strategy at the last sec....

like that one time i had a gyrados w/ like 80 hp left when my opponet braught out his fully charged zapdos... attached an energy to my enrgyless clefairy on the bench and evolved him

mmm... metronome... bye by zapdos, hello last prize