PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Ranch?

Charizard_Man
May 3rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
How do you get this game, or channel, or wiiware, whatever... how do you get this on your wii. I've been reading around the forums that some people already have it. And I was just wodnering how you get it.

THIRTY-SIX
May 3rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
I think it's a wii channel… and you have to buy it like you do with the retro games using wii points.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080404224058AAXKreT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/munna170488/help/Picture1-7.png

Seems like 12 May for US it unconfirmed though.… and maybe UK too… not too sure… Pokémon Snap was released at the same time as the US version I think in the retro section. xD

Charizard_Man
May 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Okay, thanks! Filler............

spike6958
May 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Pokemon Ranch is a WiiWare game, the people who already have it have JPN Wii's as it's the only version of the console that has Wii Ware, also WiiWare games will only be avaible through the Wii Ware channel which will be the same as the Wii Shop so get them wii points in.

MBXfilms
May 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM
It looks neat and all, but they really should have put in some kind of online trading or battle stuff. But you can trade with the Ranch owner in the game, and if you deposit 999 Pokemon you get a Mew. I say that's pretty cool.

Shuriken236
May 15th, 2008, 07:00 PM
You can buy it on wiiware soon. I have also heard it might be a channel.

Nuke
May 17th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I'm dissapointed it isnt on Ware launch, even in the UK, where Pokemon popularity is very low, many people wanted it.

I ordered a wii points card which will be a waste of money for a while now.

Le_Avatar
May 17th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Won't be a waste of money if you save it to get Pokemon Ranch, but it would be if you were to spend it on countless other useless applications...

That's my point.

*Firestar*
May 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Is wiiware the same as wii shop? I was just wandering if it was the same because if it isn't I won't be able to get it.:( Also what is the release date for UK?

sgtJARHEAD
May 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Is wiiware the same as wii shop? I was just wandering if it was the same because if it isn't I won't be able to get it.:( Also what is the release date for UK?You buy WiiWare at the Wii Shop, just like Virtual Console games.

superaipom
May 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know when pokemon ranch comes out in the U.S.? I really want it and my wii points have been burning a hole in my pocket.

sgtJARHEAD
May 18th, 2008, 11:50 AM
There is no release date. Most likely June, I guess.

superaipom
May 18th, 2008, 04:10 PM
There is no release date. Most likely June, I guess.
I have been hearing May 12th but that was last Monday. Nintendo says they will be adding games for WiiWare every Monday. So I guess, possibly, Pokemon Ranch could be coming out tomorrow. I'm just taking a guess here so nobody quote me.

Crystal Shaymin
May 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM
tommorow, maybe. either tommorow or next week. i am just guessing, but i really want to get this game soon(all my fillers want to come and play so they don't take up space in my box)

sgtJARHEAD
May 18th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I have been hearing May 12th but that was last Monday. Nintendo says they will be adding games for WiiWare every Monday. So I guess, possibly, Pokemon Ranch could be coming out tomorrow. I'm just taking a guess here so nobody quote me.
No, Star Soldier R and that critter game are tomorrow.

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I ordered a wii points card which will be a waste of money for a while now.

Wii Points Cards are always a waste of time, considering you can just take your card and buy the points on the Wii Shop Channel, thus escaping the tax charge of your local department store.

But yeah, any new news about this?

superaipom
May 19th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Wow, Nintendo is definetly hiding this game up good. I don't understand why they just can't come out and say "HERE'S THE RELEASE DATE! PAY ATTENTION!" If it isn't May 12th or 19th, when is it!? Next week?! June?! Next year!? Come on Nintendo we need some answers here. A lot of people are looking forward to this. All I'm saying is just give us the release date!!!!!!

*Firestar*
May 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
And the release date for UK. Look on Serebii maybe....oh, no Serebii doesn't have it. Come on Nintendo, we want release dates.

PokeTrainer_V.1685
May 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Pokemon Ranch, according to Wikipedia, will be released on May 26. This info may be false, however, as anyone can edit the articles on wikipedia to give false hope to anxious fans.

superaipom
May 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Pokemon Ranch, according to Wikipedia, will be released on May 26. This info may be false, however, as anyone can edit the articles on wikipedia to give false hope to anxious fans.
I would put my money on that. It would make sense, releasing a cool new game on Memorial Day. (U.S.) It's either then or sometime in June. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

dragonfyre173
May 26th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Man I want this... I want to see an army of Turtwig! In chibi form.... mauling my sister's mii.... ahh..... yay!

Kung Fu Quagsire!
May 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I really want this to come out in the UK because I nearly have filled up all my box space. On both my games.
I guess I must wait.

PokeTrainer_V.1685
May 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Well, today Nintendo released two WiiWare games, except they forgot something, *CENSORED* Pokemon Ranch! I'm just going to download that Star Soldier game since Nintendo hasn't released Pokemon Ranch yet....

Mewgal
May 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
So, do you buy it in the wii shop, or where?

If you can get mew when u have 999
then translate mew to diamond or
pearl, then you get mew!

airconditioning
May 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
You buy it in the Wii Shop, yes. When it comes out.

*Firestar*
May 27th, 2008, 05:04 AM
You buy it in the Wii Shop, yes. When it comes out.

why are people saying it is on Wiiware then??

dragonfyre173
May 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM
WiiWare is in the Wii Shop. It is another section. It's like this:
Virtual Console
WiiWare
Wii Channels
It's just a way of separating them. And the old "WiiWare" (e.g. Internet Channel) has been moved to Wii Channels. WiiWare is solely for games that aren't big enough to sell on a disc.

wakachamo
May 27th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Uh, I think you mean "too small" to sell on a disc. o_O

DavyJones4our
May 27th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Bah, I thought (as I'm sure as many others did) that it'd be out yesterday, oh well. But I like this Family Ping Pong game.

Houndoom666
May 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
lolz im completly lost rite now. ^.^''
lol so its a channel? Sweet ima buy it. Even tho rite now i haz no Wii points. :(
Ahh hoo carez, my momz credit card can take care of dat...^^

POKEMASTERALEX
May 31st, 2008, 06:21 AM
soo you guys think it will come out in june?
I just bought 2000 wii points without checking to see if it was released. haha I really need/want this game because like a lot of you, my boxes are filling up!

Forci Stikane
May 31st, 2008, 12:55 PM
I want this game at least just as much as the rest of you, maybe more. I would like to see it come out this Monday since this weekend was the Darkrai event, but I somehow doubt that will happen.

BattleBeastEXP
May 31st, 2008, 02:00 PM
It can be bought using the Wii Shop channel. To buy it, go to a store (i.e. Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) and tear off a piece of paper on the back to receive a code. Enter that code in the Redeem Points section in the Wii Shop Channel. This will allow you to get 2000 Wii Points. Next, purchase the game/channel you want (In this case it would be 'Pokemon Ranch'')

airconditioning
May 31st, 2008, 02:51 PM
BB, I don't think any of us are so retarded that we don't know that. :P

Forci Stikane
May 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
BB, I don't think any of us are so retarded that we don't know that. :P

You would think, but......there have been questions raised...

PiSToLZ
May 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM
This will be a channel
When is it coming out cuz i heard may but its the 31st already

superaipom
June 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM
This will be a channel
When is it coming out cuz i heard may but its the 31st already
There are no official release dates yet. Nintendo updates WiiWare every Monday so I would frequently check your Wii Shop Channel on Mondays to see if it is there.

It is very possible that Pokemon Ranch could come out on Monday, June 2nd. It would make perfect sense, seeing that the Darkrai Event is happening this weekend. (Thanks Ichaste Pekoni, I might have forgot to go get mine!) My suggestion would be to just keep a keen eye on the WiiWare section of the Wii Shop Channel.

My personal estimate on the release date would be sometime in late June. I guess us PokeRanchers with just have to hold our breath for now.

Twilix
June 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
why buy it when we have the Twilight Hack :D

Le_Avatar
June 1st, 2008, 06:38 PM
why buy it when we have the Twilight Hack :D

Just for this single word :D

Postman
June 2nd, 2008, 03:35 AM
I hope it comes out soon...

Le_Avatar
June 2nd, 2008, 03:49 AM
I hope it comes out soon...

Agreed !!! Hope it'll be later today, refering to the "Monday Theory" stated earlier :P
Would be so nice to have it before I go for my next week of job...

Forci Stikane
June 2nd, 2008, 06:26 AM

I would like to see it come out this Monday since this weekend was the Darkrai event, but [S-HIGHLIGHT]I somehow doubt that will happen.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

The peculiar thing about today, though, is that Nintendo has yet to announce what games are coming on their press site... Generally, the announcement is up by 9:00 EST, but that was almost 90 minutes ago...

EDIT: Nope, not out today...

Crystal Shaymin
June 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
*smacks self*

CURSE YOU NINTENDO! RELEASE THE GAME ALREADY!!

Now, thats over with. *waits for next week*

dragonfyre173
June 2nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Grr.. I wanna see my CHIBI DARKRAI!

superaipom
June 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Might as well grab that Monday Theory, wrap it up, throw it in the dirt, and flush it down the toilet. I'm sorry if I gave anyone false hope. That's not what I was trying to do. Right now, Pokemon Ranch ol' pal, I don't think we'll be seeing you anytime soon. And I thought I hated Mondays before. I could maybe see not releasing Pokemon Ranch for awhile if Nintendo gave us a definite release date. I really don't care how long it is going to be released from now. If there was a release date it would at least give everyone some warning and give people something to look forward to. Oh well, that's just how I feel on this. Once more, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

dragonfyre173
June 6th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Yay! The ESRB rated the game E, and since they rated it, it is hinting toward Ranch releasing very soon! Yay, serebii!

Forci Stikane
June 6th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yay! The ESRB rated the game E, and since they rated it, it is hinting toward Ranch releasing very soon! Yay, serebii!

Not necessarily, unfortunately. Many games were rated for the Virtual Console long ago, such as Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, but those games have yet to show up.

dragonfyre173
June 6th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Party pooper... Oh well, serebii gave me false hope.. but then again, it's scheduled for Spring '08. Spring ends June 21.

superaipom
June 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Party pooper... Oh well, serebii gave me false hope.. but then again, it's scheduled for Spring '08. Spring ends June 21.
Not to be another party-pooper but I'm guessing serebii is estimating that Pokemon Ranch is scheduled for spring '08. And I'm pretty sure that they don't mean Spring '08 literally, I think they just meant, sometime early in the year. I have not heard/seen an official release date from Nintendo. Until I see it on a Nintendo website, I'm not believing it. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Pokemon Ranch for another month. I guess it is possible that it comes out before July but....I don't know.

Crystal Shaymin
June 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ugh. Why doesn't nintendo just give us a date. That's all i want. Hurry and give us a date nintendo!

superaipom
June 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Ugh. Why doesn't nintendo just give us a date. That's all i want. Hurry and give us a date nintendo!
I couldn't agree with you more.

Flying Pikachu
June 8th, 2008, 01:27 AM
You can buy it on wiiware soon. I have also heard it might be a channel.

No it is in the wii shop channel and it is split up into 3 sections and it is not relased in wiiware yet

Forci Stikane
June 9th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Important news: IT'S COMING OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

dragonfyre173
June 9th, 2008, 05:36 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

True Justice
June 9th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Is it out NOW??? Please tell me yes.

Forci Stikane
June 9th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Is it out NOW??? Please tell me yes.

Not for a couple more hours, depending on where you live. Still, at least we're finally getting it.

......I guess this timing makes sense, too, considering the Deoxys event supposedly being announced...

dragonfyre173
June 9th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Yay! I can finally see my Chibi Darkrai!

True Justice
June 9th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Well I guess i'll keep an eye on the Shop Channel until then.

airconditioning
June 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Yeeeesss, it's out!

Jeez, these opening tutorials take a long time...

Bishopk
June 9th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I'm already 100 pokémon in.
HINT: Change the Wii's date to speed up expansions. Is it Thursday already? ;)

True Justice
June 9th, 2008, 09:38 AM
So far so good. I hate how you can't control where the camera goes though. She's already traded a Pikachu to me. But since I have a brother, I only get half of Hayley's Pokemon.

Bishopk
June 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Turns out me and my brother have 700 pokemon between us. Time to catch and hatch magikarp!

dragonfyre173
June 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
You can control the camera at Level 5.

superaipom
June 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
YES! I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED! WE LOVE YOU AGAIN NINTENDO!

Chosen_of_Manaphy
June 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Indeed we do!

(PS I'm back everyone)

RiderLeangle
June 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Can you put pokemon back into your DS game after sending them? I'm wondering should I buy a Wii Points Card to get this for storage in Diamond or just pass.

GamerFreak
June 9th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I bought it today. I love it, and am so excited to get the event Mew and Phione. Yes!

Bishopk
June 9th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Can you put pokemon back into your DS game after sending them? I'm wondering should I buy a Wii Points Card to get this for storage in Diamond or just pass.

Yes, but only back onto the game it came off of.

I am soooo close to 1000 pokémon... I hope I can finish tonight.

dragonfyre173
June 9th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm taking it slowly... (Rushes off to daycare to pick up next Magikarp egg)

pokejungle
June 9th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I just honestly don't see a point to the game. :<

You don't even control your Mii directly do you?

THIRTY-SIX
June 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm guessing it is to free up some bozxes on your DS game. I mean I have one of each pokémon and don't have that many teams. Not that I'm a competitive battler. xD

pokejungle
June 9th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm a sad fan, downloading it now.

God, that is so pathetic. I'm spending $10 on a game where I get to watch my little Pokemon. I certainly don't need the extra space. And I fully realize the craziness of this.

OffRoadSP
June 10th, 2008, 04:15 AM

God, that is so pathetic. I'm spending $10 on a game where I get to watch my little Pokemon. I certainly don't need the extra space. And I fully realize the craziness of this.

Totally there with you, man.

Forci Stikane
June 10th, 2008, 06:01 AM

I take it that you never played Pokemon Box, then?

For breeding, the game is quite useful, giving a good place to put all of those extra Pokemon. You can also stick those extra competitive teams into the Ranch so your training efforts keep from filling your entire game. However, when you add cloning to the mix...it gives a humongous storage space for all of those "rare" Pokemon to go to in order to keep your actual boxes free. On top of that...you have the "divine miracle" of gamesaves. Can you say "all Pokemon cloned at once"? Or better yet, infinite events?

My only disappointment is the lack of cross-cartridge transfers, but I can at least understand why.

dragonfyre173
June 10th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Yeah... But for me, the weirdest thing would have to be Magikarp. HE'S FAT! It gave me nightmares...

Bishopk
June 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Now that I have Mew, I can have some fun!
I put together a little album of my adventures here (http://www.freewebs.com/luna-celeste/ranch.htm).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 04:05 AM
I love those pictures Bishopk

:t354:TG