PDA

View Full Version : our doom is near!

.emerald
May 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
ok i watched this show called "the lost book of nostradamus" & it depicts our future i dont know if its true, it predicted the 9/11 disaster & the assasination of kings in the past century it also gives an exact date to when we are all called to god :2012
what are your thoughts, are we ignorong the signs?

Tater Tot
May 4th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I thought we had a thread like this. xD

Don't believe 'em, it's not true.

Twinx
May 4th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Like Tater said, it's all a bunch of lies.
And what are the "signs" you speak of?

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I can't wait for "doom" day when nothing happens. I'll be sitting on my front porch drinking tea if you need me.

Jaimes
May 4th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Nostradamus never predicted 9/11, some sick scaremongerer spread this rumour through chain emails hours after the attacks.

Amachi
May 4th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I can't wait for "doom" day when nothing happens. I'll be sitting on my front porch drinking tea if you need me.
Liar. You'll be in front of your computer eating cheese based snacks.

But yeah, and sort of predictions never make sense (due to their ambiguous nature) till someone reads an event already past into them.

Chibi-chan
May 4th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Didn't we just have a thread like this before? XD
I actually kinda do believe the Mayan Calendar...12/12/2012.
I don't believe it'll just happen; humans will make it happen.

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Nostradamus never predicted 9/11, some sick scaremongerer spread this rumour through chain emails hours after the attacks.
What he wrote could be reasoned out to mean something like a 9/11 event. But that's exactly what you have to do, reason something out.
Liar. You'll be in front of your computer eating cheese based snacks.
No reason I can't do both, eh? xD

---

Seriously though, this is just another Y2K like scare so people will buy stuff.

Chibi-chan
May 4th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Seriously though, this is just another Y2K like scare so people will buy stuff.

I don't think Nostradamus or the Mayans were interested in merchandising benefits :P

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I don't think Nostradamus or the Mayans were interested in merchandising benefits :P

Well no, but do you know how much money stores like Walmart made off of the whole Y2K thing?

I can see that towards the supposed date of our doom, stores will be perpetuating this to make some cash.

Jaimes
May 4th, 2008, 06:49 AM

Actually the concept behind the Mayan catastrophe prediction was only ever published in the 1960s... By 2 New Age theorists, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar#2012_and_the_Long_Count)one of which abused drugs. I hardly consider either of their points rational or worth believing.
No ancient Mayan text has specifically claimed the 2012 thing itself.

But that's exactly what you have to do, reason something out.
I'd like a rational and non-biased, logical reason as to how predictions work and occur first. -.-

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I'd like a rational and non-biased, logical reason as to how predictions work and occur first. -.-
You can reason out something to mean something entirely different from its intended purpose.

I will say, for example, that I don't like sitting. Someone could take that as meaning I don't like chairs. But that's just a very simply example.

Going off topic...back to talking about how our total doom has been predicted by a bunch of indians living in the jungle.

Espreon
May 4th, 2008, 06:56 AM
This is all a bunch of nonsense... people believed the Armageddon would occur in 2000 and guess what it did not. These theories were probably conjured up in order make money... For all we know the people who supposedly predicted these things (If people in present times did not conjure the predictions up) were probably on drugs or something...

Tater Tot
May 4th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Listen, didn't everyone think that 2000 was gonna be the world's end? Was it? No, 2012 is the same thing as 2000, and other dates that people thought the world would end.
I get what the people are trying to say, 12/12/12. Will be the last same numbered date until 3000. Since there is no 13th month, there won't be any: 12/12/12, again until 3000. So by that, people think the world will end? What are their excuses for 1912, 1812, etc?
Trust me, the world will not end. It's just a big fat fib, of course we all won't be alive then, but I assure you that when 3000 hits, everyone will think that 3012 will be the worlds end. Then 1000 years later, everyone will think 4012 will be the worlds end. Do you see my pattern? XD

El Gofre
May 4th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Can we get some references?
Oh and how specific are these predictions?
Anyone can predict anything through the magic of ambiguity.

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.

Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:

* The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
* The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.

Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:

* Terence McKenna's numerological novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.

ccording to the Popol Vuh, a book compiling details of creation accounts known to the K'iche' Maya of the Colonial-era highlands, we are living in the fourth world.[8] The Popol Vuh describes the first three creations that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fourth world where men were placed. In the Maya Long Count, the previous creation ended at the start of a 13th b'ak'tun.

The previous creation ended on a long count of 12.19.19.17.19. Another 12.19.19.17.19 will occur on December 20, 2012, followed by the start of the thirteenth b'ak'tun, 13.0.0.0.0, on December 21, 2012.[9]

Significance within the New Age movement

Two figures within the New Age, the artist and theorist José Argüelles and the late ethnobotanist and psychonaut Terence McKenna, have publicized theories concerning the significance of the end of the cycle. (They arrived at their conclusions separately from one another.) They have jointly inspired a number of articles and books that this will be the end of this creation, the next pole shift or, as McKenna speculated in his theories, the end of history and events as "novel" as the origin of life on Earth, which we could not possibly imagine. Other, more mundane speculations involve a worldwide catastrophe, such as a pole shift. The idea of the significance of the date has also increasingly passed into popular culture.

Refutation

In this age we are approaching the same count again, only there is a common misconception of the Maya's practice of abbreviating their dates to five vigesimal places. According to the Maya there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of the 13th 394 year period, but not the end of the world.[10]

Inscriptions beyond 2012

Maya stelae occasionally show dates beyond 2012. Most of these are in the form of "distance dates", where a Long Count date is given with a distance date to be added. For example, on the Tablet of Inscriptions from Palenque the following Long Count date was found: 9.8.9.13.0 8 Ahau 13 Pop (24 March 603 Gregorian) with a distance date of 10.11.10.5.8. The resulting date is given as 1.0.0.0.0.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol,[11] or 21 October 4772 – almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession will be celebrated, suggesting he did not believe the world would end in 2012.[12]

Summary

Despite the publicity generated by the 2012 date, Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.[13]

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[14]

Calculating a full Long Count date

Just a bunch of New Age Crap, can't wait to see how ridiculous all these New Age Cults are going to look for freaking out on that day.

Can we get some references?
Oh and how specific are these predictions?
Anyone can predict anything through the magic of ambiguity.
To put it to you in Layman's Words, Some calender drawn thousands of years ago ends on December 12, 2012. Its also when all the planets are to align in a near perfect alignment with each other.

j_
May 4th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Try listening to Skeptoid (http://www.skeptoid.com), it's a rather good weekly podcast about these such "truths", this (http://skeptoid.com/audio/skeptoid-4066.mp3) episode is especially relavent to the discussion

Dave-o-rama
May 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM
All this stuff? To me, It's not gonna happen. I'm not worried. Just a bunch of crap. reading this topic, the mayans predicted all that stuff a waaaay looong time ago. and maybe the dudes who wrote the calendar maybe didn't feel like going any further, and people freaked out. again, im not worried.

Cassino
May 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Listen, didn't everyone think that 2000 was gonna be the world's end? Was it? No, 2012 is the same thing as 2000, and other dates that people thought the world would end.
6/6/2006 actually. Was funny when nothing happened.

Like 666, this what I'll dub "12 12 12" won't be anything amazing. It'll just be an average... uh, whatever day of the week it happens to be.

Gerri Shin
May 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
to me this whole business of predicting the end of the world is a big bunch of phooey. I don;t think anything will happen so I'm going to treat it as a normal day/year. If something does happen then I won't be here anyway. So my final word's on the subject are to the world, Bring It!

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Like 666, this what I'll dub "12 12 12" won't be anything amazing. It'll just be an average... uh, whatever day of the week it happens to be.

I think he was referring to Y2K

Young Stunna'
May 4th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Not even Jesus knows the hour of God's return.They got that from the fact that Isreal became a nation 70 years before 2012.

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Not even Jesus knows the hour of God's return.They got that from the fact that Isreal became a nation 70 years before 2012.
1. You didn't read why people think our doom is near.
2. Israel is 60 years old this year ( est. 1948 )

We are talking about Mayan/New Age cults believe, not about what Biblical Christianity teaches.

bna_li
May 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Wow. You all realize that almost all of his predictions never came true, and most of them were too vague and general to begin with? They could be interpreted to mean anything.

Lash
May 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I can see that towards the supposed date of our doom, stores will be perpetuating this to make some cash.

Thats why the Mayans, or whoever the hell wrote 12/12/12 will be the end did so; They knew that the stores and everything would make loads in the future :P

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Thats why the Mayans, or whoever the hell wrote 12/12/12 will be the end did so; They knew that the stores and everything would make loads in the future :P

Of course, have you seen the amount of land they build their cities and temples on? Someone has to pay for all that.

Amachi
May 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
To put it to you in Layman's Words, Some calender drawn thousands of years ago ends on December 12, 2012. Its also when all the planets are to align in a near perfect alignment with each other.
I find it humorous how often the planets "line up" with out people realising it. Not that it really has any affect on earth.
I think you mean Jesus' return >.> Which, btw he probably does know considering his omnipotence and all. It's humanity that's left in the dark about all these things.

Actually that brings me to this point - we can't even be 100% sure what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone what's going to occur in a few years.

Zet
May 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
the end of the world is going to happen when all the countries go to war with each other and all launch nuclear missiles at each other, Theory solved! fufufufu

.emerald
May 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
nostradamus did predict 9/11!!!, in the lost book there was a picture of the burning two towers & an analogue saying"a tower burns in the depthe of the "new city"(new york)

also he hid hide his predictions in pictures because it threatened his very life!(but im not really sure if it is true)

Merzbau
May 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
If the Mayans were so good at predictions, why didn't they realize the Spanish weren't their friends?

♣Gawain♣
May 4th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Nahhh.... I don't believe it. There may be a slight error on predicting you know. The "doom" I know of is the impact of the asteriod Apophis in 2034, but there is a 1/35 chabce of hitting the Earth.

Kura
May 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Guys. People only thought that the "end of the world" was going to be in 2000, because they thought that computer clocks/ watches/ etc wouldn't be able to handle that number. They thought that the programming would all get corrupted and whatnot, and they thought that people would be in a frenzy and one thing would lead to another and everything would erupt in chaos. (Nuclear bombs going off, etc.)

That's what I thought was the real deal about it anyways..

And the whole 2012 thing.. you guys should watch the discovery channel more often. They were giving tips on events on what would happen if a giant meteor were to hit earth.

And by the way, you would be really screwed if you didn't know where to go.

j_
May 4th, 2008, 11:23 PM
nostradamus did predict 9/11!!!, in the lost book there was a picture of the burning two towers & an analogue saying"a tower burns in the depthe of the "new city"(new york)

also he hid hide his predictions in pictures because it threatened his very life!(but im not really sure if it is true)

Ok, read this (http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4066)...

I'll sumarise the important paragraphs for you, but its much more fun to listen to the MP3.

How accurate are his predictions? You could fill a library with books claiming to match quatrains with major events in world history — all, of course, deciphered and published after those events occurred. The straight fact is that nobody has ever used Nostradamus' writings to predict a future event in specific terms which later came true. Nobody has ever used Nostradamus' writings to predict a future event in specific terms which later came true.

Nostradamus' prophecies are also complicated by hoax writings falsely attributed to him. Many people have heard that he accurately predicted the 9/11 terrorist attacks, although none of these predictions surfaced until after the event happened. Listen to these ominous quatrains:
In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror.
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city.
In the city of York there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
While the fortress falls; the great leader will succumb;
Third big war will begin when the big city is burning.
And the particularly chilling:
On the 11th day of the 9 month,
Two metal birds will crash into two tall statues
In the new city,
And the world will end soon after.
As you've probably guessed, those are completely bogus Internet circulations. The last two quatrains are completely made up, and the first one consists of lines taken from two unrelated quatrains. I found at least two other Internet versions of Nostradamus 9/11 predictions, both equally false. Please, always be skeptical of anything you receive in an Internet chain email, especially when it makes far-fetched claims.

Michel de Nostredame was truly one of the brilliant lights of his day, but to subscribe to false stories and urban legends is to disrespect who the man actually was. Appreciate his contributions to medicine and Renaissance literature, and don't trivialize his good works in favor of a pretended history of paranormal magical powers.

Simply put, it's complete and utter crap...

Skeptoid even has an episode on the Mayan Calendar (http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093).

Avey
May 5th, 2008, 07:49 AM
The only reason people believe Nostradamus foresaw the twin towers' downfall is because of all those hoax chain e-mails and because some random person mixed up The Bible Codes with a Nostradamus prophecy. Of course, The Bible Codes are hoaxes as well, but certainly more believable than some random prophecy by a French man. Not that I have anything against the French, I just don't see why he thought he could come out with all of this, expecting people to believe him, even though he didn't come out with the 9/11 disaster prophecy. Okay, I'll shut up about that now.

And remember the horrific hurricane disasters he predicted? They didn't happen. Neither will this two thousand and twelve thing. The Aztecs were wrong too.

j_
May 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
And remember the horrific hurricane disasters he predicted? They didn't happen. Neither will this two thousand and twelve thing. The Aztecs were wrong too.

The Mayans weren't wrong. They never predicted anything in the first place!

Their calendar system was pretty weird, see quote...

The first day in the Mayan long count calendar was expressed as 0.0.0.0.0, and by our calendar, this was August 11, 3114 BC. Every 144,000 days (or about every 395 years, which they called a baktun), the first number would increment, and a new baktun would start. Recall how we all got to enjoy the excitement on the millennium of watching the digital displays roll over from 12/31/1999 to 1/1/2000? Well, that's what's going to happen on December 21, 2012 to the Mayan calendar. It's going to roll over from 12.19.19.17.19 to 13.0.0.0.0, just as it has done each of the previous twelve baktuns. There's no archaeological or historical evidence that the Mayans themselves expected anything other than a New Year's Eve party to happen on this date: Claims that this rollover represents a Mayan prediction of the end of the world appear to be a modern pop-culture invention.

Therefore, we can blame modern humans for the OMG THE WORLD WILL END IN 2012 crap.

Virtual Chatot
May 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
None of the "Flying Birds crashing into two tall statues" crap is true. I've read a translated copy of his book and it doesn't say that anywhere.

I find humanities stupidity growing with each passing generation. -_-

j_
May 5th, 2008, 08:48 AM
None of the "Flying Birds crashing into two tall statues" crap is true. I've read a translated copy of his book and it doesn't say that anywhere.

The shame is, most people wouldn't bother reading it instead relying on an email from their Auntie Jane. Indeed, humanity will be interesting a hundred years from now. :nervous:

/Circa
May 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM

The shame is, most people wouldn't bother reading it instead relying on an email from their Auntie Jane. Indeed, humanity will be interesting a hundred years from now. :nervous:

Consider ourselves already dumified, we are already under the control of technology. Try last a week without any electronics, impossible eh? Tempting to read an email? Wanna see whats on the forum. Several things you want to do.

All this stuff is just people trying to create their own reality from their religions or whatever. I watched a show about this on the discovery channel, it seemed beleivable at the time, but then when you think about it, its all just some random giberish.

Even if it were true, there are only three explanations.
- This guy had a REALLY vast imagination.
- He might be able to predict things. (highly unlikely)
- He probably saw some rocks getting thrown at him, which made him go insane :).

I really dont beleive all this stuff anyways, if someone can predict the future, why arent many people 'gifted' with this? If people could do magic in medievil times, why cant we do it now? Nothings really changed, people just open up their heads way too much.

Michii
May 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Ha, I'll believe some thousand year prior prediction from a civilazation that couldn't even predict a way to prevent their own collapse when pigs fly through the sun and live.

I cannot wait until the thirteenth of December. =]

INFOWARRIOR56
May 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM
The Mayan Calendar can actually explain a lot of world events. This 'apocalypse' crap is classic fearmongering. I tend to lean towards the more optimistic view on 2012. It will be a time of higher awareness.

Arrmegedden
May 5th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I think that show you watched was just so people will panic and be sad also so this thread will be made. But how would 911 be tied in with the death of kings. And I doubt we will all float up to god. So this is all fake. (so we think) :0

Zet
May 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I really dont beleive all this stuff anyways, if someone can predict the future, why arent many people 'gifted' with this? If people could do magic in medievil times, why cant we do it now? Nothings really changed, people just open up their heads way too much.

Because science advanced and magic wasn't need anymore so the art died in a fiery hell fire, plus not everyone can just be gifted with the snap of a finger, some people can usually start predicting stuff when they are in their 80's some even get it when they are a teenager, its random stuff really

Mooshykris
May 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
It's December 21, 2012, not December 12, 2012.

And I don't know what's going to happen, but I place my sources on the Mayan Long Count Calander.

Mooshykris

Mario The World Champion
May 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Wasn't there a thread similar like this one a while back?

In any case, I don't believe all of this end of the world stuff. It was all created by guys who have nothing else better to do. If the world does end, I want a front row seat.

AluminumKnight
May 6th, 2008, 07:30 AM
;3557775']If the Mayans were so good at predictions, why didn't they realize the Spanish weren't their friends?
Eh, just to clear this up, the Maya were pretty much done for by the time Europeans arrived in Central America. It is somewhat of a mystery what happened to them, but it could have been any number of things, like intra-clan war, disease, etc. Basically, their cities were already abandoned when Europeans found them.

You're probably thinking of the Aztecs, who were actually a pretty new thing comparitively.

Binary
May 6th, 2008, 07:41 AM
This bunch of stupid stuff is never going to happen. Many people predict, predict and predict again and again, but it really isn't going to happen -_-

benbarox
May 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
can anyone tell me how to make a new thread????????? plsssssssssss

Aegis
May 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
can anyone tell me how to make a new thread????????? plsssssssssss

This spam, and most certainly not the place to ask something like that.
But just for reference, there's a "New Thread" button near the bottom of each forum, click that to make a new thread.

Lily
May 7th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I don't exactly believe it, but should the time come, I'll prepare myself for the possibility of it happening.

Richard Lynch
May 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
ok i watched this show called "the lost book of nostradamus" & it depicts our future i dont know if its true, it predicted the 9/11 disaster & the assasination of kings in the past century it also gives an exact date to when we are all called to god :2012
what are your thoughts, are we ignorong the signs?

Well... not really. Nostradamus didn't predict anything, per-se.

You see, it's much like horoscopes. It's based solely off of the Barnum Effect, where people tend to take vague and ambiguous information as fact. To say the least. If you read a Nostradamus quatrain, and it apparently predicts the assasination of J.F.K., I'm sure you could find a dozen other event similar to that where the quatrain would be equally relevent. It's all a matter of suggestion.

For example... I see something!... tonight... there will be a mass silence in America... all electricity will diminish... there will be very few to look around at the darkness... but those who are around... will not want to be around.

Or something like that.

Now, about the 9/11 prediction... since I'm such a kind person, I'll repeat the common one going around:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
- Nostradamus 1654

Well, I agree, it is eerie, the similarity. However, does anyone see anything weird?
Yep, you guessed it... Nostradamus died in 1566, almost a hundred years before that was written.
This one was a prank. A clever one, but a prank nonetheless.

.houndoomed
May 7th, 2008, 11:52 AM
We're all Houndoomed ftw

To be honest, I don't believe in such a thing. And anything to do with miracles/creation I don't believe in either. But that's just me.

Starway
May 7th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Wow it's weird cuz i was talking aobut this today.....well so everyone says that the world will end in 12/21/12...lol thats the day before my b-day anyway.....i don't think the world wll end cause i think it's too soon for it to end don't you think? Also im kinda scared not so much, i think i should just wait and see what happens though.

Virtual Chatot
May 7th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Wow it's weird cuz i was talking aobut this today.....well so everyone says that the world will end in 12/21/12...lol thats the day before my b-day anyway.....i don't think the world wll end cause i think it's too soon for it to end don't you think? Also im kinda scared not so much, i think i should just wait and see what happens though.

You really shouldn't worry at all. Prophecies tend to never happen, it's a bad habit.

Starway
May 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM

acually 6/6/06 acually was the day of the devil scary o.o thats wehn the moon turned yellow and it didnt look like it was so clsoe to Earth trust me i saw it o.o
You really shouldn't worry at all. Prophecies tend to never happen, it's a bad habit.

lol good cause ive said so myself that i wouldnt happen even my 16-year old (smart dont worry)also said that i wouldnt and i see that amny people here as well dont think so....so ill agree with them.

El Gofre
May 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
This thread reminds me of how we were supposed to be hit by a meteor last year. It was apparently gonna wipe out an area equivilant of europe, i must have missed it :)

But yeah ive been looking through the quatraines and they're all too ambiguous to be viable, not to mention they're riddled with scaremonger's fakes. As it has been said, the supposed 9/11 predictions were writeen after he died.

Lady Nicole
May 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I think it's a waste of time discussing it actually :\ If we were all killed, no-one would know anything any more and there would be no-one to grieve, and no-one to say: "Ha! Told you the world would end on 12/12/12!" Why can't we just live as normal instead of faffing around, panicking over something that probably won't happen anyway?

Saryka
May 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I don't worry myself about these things. I was quite calm during the whole Y2K scare, and I doubted anything would happen on June 6, 2006. I'd rather live my life than worry about when we're all going to die. ._.;

LipstickTraces
May 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM
predictions arent always true, but for those that are predicted correctly true a whole mad fuss is made over that one prediction being correct, while ignoring the other 2,584,192 wrong predictions made before it.

why, i could predict that in 2028 a new cleaning product will be introduced to the world that will change mankind forever and elmininate 93% of deadly diseases... now lets see if that comes true!

Storm-DC
May 20th, 2008, 02:00 PM
2012 is the end according to many religions, mainly because of the end of the mayan calandar who up till now i still very accurate

because of that the disasters of 'I am Legend' are also set in 2012.

"2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order." (Wikipedia)

21st of december is the darkest day.. etc, on 24th the light is reborn (christmass). if you like this stuff also check out www.zeitgeistmovie.com

there is also quite some stuff on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8

in christianity 2012 could mean the beginning of the apocalyps, as written in revelations. i'm curious who will be the anti-christ, i do believe in 2012 there will be presidential elections again ;)!