PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon World Maps & Ideas

Mitchman
May 7th, 2008, 05:31 AM
There is o thread here with this and I thougt t would be good for this to be created.
Also I wanna know can this be stickied? Cause it basically shows the whole map.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg
Edit: Sorty its to big. It was the only size I could find with a nice detail without squinting

ErickaVolt
May 7th, 2008, 05:36 AM
What an interesting thing there Darkcookie_93. and I'm always wondering if Sinnoh is just right side of Kanto and Hoenn is in left side of Johto. It seems my guess was right. lol.....

Hmmm...... I wonder what region will it be above Johto and Kanto. I guess I'll have to wait for Pokemon Opal. Hahaha...

^_^

Mitchman
May 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Pokemon opal is the still in rumors third D/P by the way. And I say if nintendo ever puts all 4 regions together where the clouds are inbetween johto and hoenn you got a bit more Island and a sea route. And know we know how the cities of movies are placed. WHy are they not in the games? There is obviously space for them. Also how obvious is it that the mount coronet strip leads down into the great mystery clouded region south if sinnoh.

ErickaVolt
May 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Well..... Altomare (were Latios and Latias is located) is just south of Hoenn. Also there is a missing part of Sinnoh and Hoenn. Where Shaymin is located. I can't seem to see it. It is just a right side of Pokemon league. In Hoenn the Mirage Tower (it's in the desert) is missing too.

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Acually south of johto. And its the white thing I think.
Yay I did it post 666. i am so happy

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I saw this map once, I thought it was meant for timeline, and not for Pokemon locations (if that's what you mean)... Anyway, I didn't think that the Regions were very close, though I do know Kanto is beside Johto.

Krome Jr.
May 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Wow, I thought the regions were right next to each other but I wasn't really sure though, but it's kinda awesome that you can see all four regions.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Anyone of you guys know if there will be/is an English version of this? I'm pretty curious on what the Japanese characters say...

Oh, and Ash/Dawn's Pokemon aren't updated...

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Yeah its movie 10 material thats why. Also they just say pokemon names land names and movie names.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Oh okay, I thought they said something else... Anyway, is this map based on the anime/movies or is it based on the games???

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Both I think. but mostly movies. Also looking at the clouds what do you think s placed under. And dont tell me nothing. Thats nintendo tradition to use clouds for blocking secret stuff.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Yup, and I think those clouds were meant to be. Just like in PMD2. Nice drawing of the Pokemon World... Anyway, I'm sure that's not the whole Pokemon World, or is it? Of course not. It doesn't have Fiore and those other spin-off places...

ErickaVolt
May 8th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I wonder what region is above in Johto and Kanto. I guess we'll have to wait for the next Pokemon generation. :P

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I'm curious about that too. But I can hardly think of any storyline nor new Pokemon nor new legendaries...

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Ι can. If you can make ratatta go from a rat to a furret to a furret again and to a beaver what is there not to understand.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Well, it just seems like they cut off the lifeline of new generations because of Arceus...
It's only my opinion, though...

I wonder where the next movie will be located...

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Well movie 11 is mostly in the alternate place and considering there placement somewhere between 3rd gym are and 4th gym area.

Storm-DC
May 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
there have been threads like this.. but anyway. check out this:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6720/pokemonregions6pq.png
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/grandbush/pokemonregions6pqcopy.jpg

solopy567
May 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Holy crap! The map of Japan completely matches the regions of Pokemon!

So its not the whole world, its just Japan

Valarauca
May 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
sorry big pics
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/bokuwajuriaoaisuru/Map.jpg

and

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll254/vortexash/pokemonworldmap.jpg
nugoku is the next region, at least that what i think... because in firered and leafgreen there was team rocket sciencetist who said, " I'll show the boss, transfere me to the nugoku region..." so thats were 5th gen will be i think

Cassino
May 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Epic fail. This has already been discussed at length before, I think; I doubt it was stickied, though personally I think it would be good of the admins to sticky a proper regional map in this Pokémon General section.

Seems people have beaten me to it, but here's what I think is the best (or at least most professionally done) regional picture. (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/8/89/Locations.PNG)
Doesn't take much intelligence to figure out that Hoen is turned on its side in the game, likely so it fits in the Gameboy Advance's 16:9 screen.
Kanto is in fact the exact same name of that actual region in Japan on which the Pokemon region is based, by the way.

I wonder where they'll go when they run out of regions... :3

Storm-DC
May 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I wonder where they'll go when they run out of regions... :3

I really hope space.. Pokemon on the moon, would be cool

ShadowofTime01
May 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Question... where i Orre in relation to all this... or is it even considered canon?

Valarauca
May 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Question... where i Orre in relation to all this... or is it even considered canon?

manchuria the northern part of china in imperial times japan claimed it, manchuria is rich in many mineral deposits

JX Valentine
May 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM

It's mostly based on Arizona (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world#Orre). Deserts, for one, and one of the key cities (Phenac) bears similarities to Phoenix.

Although it's a bit hard to read, one of the members of the production team mentioned using images of Arizona as a basis (http://web.archive.org/web/20041206051100/http://www.pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=497) (although he'd never actually been to the state) in an interview a couple years ago.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I can't believe that the four Regions are just like Japan!

So I guess the next generation/true-RPG of the Pokemon world will still be based on a place in Japan...

Satoshi-Ash
May 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hmmm... I always thought Sinnoh was above Kanto and Johto. Too bad. Guess I gotta redo my map. Or not. :P

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
No, actually, you don't have to, since some say that Sinnoh IS above Kanto and Johto, much like the format of Japan...

Storm-DC
May 8th, 2008, 11:38 PM
eventhough the regions are inspired on Japan, it doesn't mean the land in the games looks like Japan. It's fantasy, who knows.. perhaps it's a whole different world the size of Pluto.

ErickaVolt
May 8th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Nice information indeed. Anyways, if hackers make a region from Japan that would be lame and unoriginal.

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 8th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry, but this is not a full map. Where's Orre? Where's Fiore? How can Sinnoh be so close to Kanto and Hoenn?

It was a good effort, though.

ErickaVolt
May 9th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Where's Orre? Where's Fiore?

... and how can you see it? It is a map of all 4 regions. They're too small. If you were near sighted.

How can Sinnoh be so close to Kanto and Hoenn?

Ask the Nintendos.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Acually it is. Its probably like that so the 4th piece is twice as long as the other 3 or so they dont make it so huge and just have a large emptiness of clouds to cover the new region(s). So yeah ask nintendo if that doesnt help you Also i will edit this in a sec I forgot a quote.

sorry big pics
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/bokuwajuriaoaisuru/Map.jpg

and

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll254/vortexash/pokemonworldmap.jpg
nugoku is the next region, at least that what i think... because in firered and leafgreen there was team rocket sciencetist who said, " I'll show the boss, transfere me to the nugoku region..." so thats were 5th gen will be i think
Ok thats really nice. Nugoku region. I like. Also if the whole game world is that then wow we got a lot of regions to cover before pokemon dies. If it does.

Cid
May 9th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Oh, so there WILL be a new region called Nugoku region... First time I've heard it, or maybe I just forgot...

But where in Japan do you guys think is the Nugoku region? Is it really below Sinnoh?

ErickaVolt
May 9th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Nugoku Region is from PMD games..... I think....

Cid
May 9th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Really? Then does that mean there are no humans in the Nugoku region???

Storm-DC
May 9th, 2008, 04:24 AM
i think the regions from the console games and pokemon ranger shouldn't be in the official canon, nor the orange islands.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Well the map I posted first didnt show the orange islands on the map. It had a box with the seviis on top mewtwos island lab place thing in the middle and orange islands on the bottom. Also we all know (if not just me) that johto and kanto are just 2 of 5 mainland regions. There will be 2 northwest and northeast and one in the middle connecting all 4 with a giant tower that leads to them with routes. Island regions like sinnoh and hoenn will never be made again unless the sinnoh region mnt coronet line is only one part of 3 or something like that. I gotta say though I do not know how tht is possible

ErickaVolt
May 9th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Really? Then does that mean there are no humans in the Nugoku region???

LOL. You just made me laugh hard.

i think the regions from the console games and pokemon ranger shouldn't be in the official canon, nor the orange islands.

Hm. I agree with that.

Madara Uchiha
May 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM
What an interesting thing there Darkcookie_93. and I'm always wondering if Sinnoh is just right side of Kanto and Hoenn is in left side of Johto. It seems my guess was right. lol.....

Hmmm...... I wonder what region will it be above Johto and Kanto. I guess I'll have to wait for Pokemon Opal. Hahaha...

^_^what is pokemon opal and how do you know what it is

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 06:02 AM
She,at least I think shes a she, didnt know about t fact that its still in rumor form. And its not the place to ask. This is a thread about pokemon world maps. So there. Also lets make some of what we thought or think is the world map. Im also getting a mod in a sec to change the name to pokemon world map talk and ideas ok?

Madara Uchiha
May 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM
She,at least I think shes a she, didnt know about t fact that its still in rumor form. And its not the place to ask. This is a thread about pokemon world maps. So there. Also lets make some of what we thought or think is the world map. Im also getting a mod in a sec to change the name to pokemon world map talk and ideas ok?yeah whatever see ya later

Cid
May 9th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah, Pokemon Opal is still a rumor...

@Antron
Erm, that's a bit off-topic <sorry for somewhat mini-modding>...

Also, isn't Nugoku region a rumor too?

Tater Tot
May 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Awesome map Darkcookie. ;D
It's very interesting, I like how they put most of the Pokemon from each region. Nice. ^_^

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah noguko is a rumor started here. By me and the dude who posted it and I thought it was cool. Anyway eni can I talk to you about my idea of the land regions. You seem like the only one intrested. And tater. But you the most.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah noguko is a rumor started here. By me and the dude who posted it and I thought it was cool. Anyway eni can I talk to you about my idea of the land regions. You seem like the only one intrested. And tater. But you the most.Ooooh *raises hand* Pick me! Im interested too... Before any further discussions about the map... Thanks for postin the map cookie! Where you found it??

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Ιnternet and wait post one or 2 messages while I get the pic ready. ok?

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Ιnternet and wait post one or 2 messages while I get the pic ready. ok?Roger! Wait... does this count as spamming?? Hehehehe let me just say sumthin about the map... again... Awesome job dude... Its cool how they show the legendaries at their own region...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah ok I got it ready its a rough draft but dont worry its a prototype. Same crappy drawing but a bit better.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah ok I got it ready its a rough draft but dont worry its a prototype. Same crappy drawing but a bit better.Lol... Ok soo are ya saying in the pokemon game, Sinnoh is actually above Kanto?? Or I just got the whole thing wrong??

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Sinno h isnt even on there and if I did no sinnoh northeast hoenn southwest. And you gave me another great idea: 4 islands 4 mainlands 2 accompany the islands and one big giganto region in the middle of mainland to kill pokemon. And by the rate of things if that did happen next 2 gens the last 2 mainlands. next Last 2 gens the last 2 islands and the last gen is the giganto big middle one with pokemon central tower city. The heart of everything. And then we kick off the idea board an mmo and put it on the project board. Crazy or what.

weedle_mchairybug
May 9th, 2008, 08:18 AM

Should Manaphy not be counted in the official canon, either? because that pokemon DEBUTED in Pokemon Ranger (well, it's egg at least), and the only way to officially get it (not counting traveling events) is via a transfer from Pokemon Ranger/Batonnage to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Also, if the Orange Islands were shown on the official maps, then it's in the official canon.

And anyways, if you've missed the event in Firered/Leafgreen that allows Ho-Oh and Lugia to be captured, the only way to even GET these 2 pokemon IS through Pokemon Colosseum/XD, plus in Colosseum's case, it is also the only way legit way to get Celebi into the 3rd gen games/1st gen remakes (I consider the traveling store-hosted events like Pokemon Rocks america as an unofficial way to get them.).

Now, the Stadium games, Channel, and the Mystery Dungeon games I can definitely say aren't of the Official canon, whileas Pokemon Snap is debatable.

Anyways, I have a theory as to what the Pokemon World looks like. all of them are of the locations in the games/anime (save for maybe Pokeria City, that one was made up by me.). I'll show you a drawing of what I think it looks like, as soon as I get the Chance.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Ok dude im counting on you to show us your idea. Cause its yours.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Sinno h isnt even on there and if I did no sinnoh northeast hoenn southwest. And you gave me another great idea: 4 islands 4 mainlands 2 accompany the islands and one big giganto region in the middle of mainland to kill pokemon. And by the rate of things if that did happen next 2 gens the last 2 mainlands. next Last 2 gens the last 2 islands and the last gen is the giganto big middle one with pokemon central tower city. The heart of everything. And then we kick off the idea board an mmo and put it on the project board. Crazy or what.That is crazy and kinda awesome... but its definitely sad coz that would be the end of pokemon... My theory is that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the coming regions are apart of a country on the planet... I mean the world of pokemon is mysterious, soo we dont know whats coming up...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Yeah but my idea is cool right? And also fade 101 wait to see how far the thing blob I made is right now. But coloring is needed and the land features so wait a couple of hours while I get to paint.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah, its cool... nintendo should take your idea lol!! A couple of hours?? Wow... sure, i got nuthin better to do anyway...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 08:43 AM
nah joking I suck at it and it will be done dont you worry.

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Nice map, Darkcookie! Very interesting indeed..

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
LMAO!! You seriously got me!!... LoL... what people say is right... I am gullible... dang...

DragonFir3
May 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I really like mysteries like this. The only limit is human's imagination. But the Pokemon map really matches Japan's map, and it's pretty logical.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah, mysteries are kinda cool but you just like have to know em... I got another theory... Maybe after finishing the regions in Japan, they might use other countries as their model, lets say the neighbouring countries like the states or china or korea... or even australia... just a thought...

JX Valentine
May 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Maybe after finishing the regions in Japan, they might use other countries as their model, lets say the neighbouring countries like the states or china or korea... or even australia... just a thought...

Nitpick: The States aren't exactly Japan's neighbor. XD

That aside, well, they've already started with Orre (being Arizona), so this isn't actually all that out there.

Additionally, as a random side note to throw out there about regions outside of Japan, it was mentioned back in RBY (from a disgruntled Silph Co. scientist) that there's also another region in Russia. For a long time, I thought it was called Tiksi (because that's the name the scientist mentions being transferred to), but apparently, it's just a city. Any thoughts on what the region might be called?

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Lol... Hawaii is a kinda close to Japan... I just wiki on Tiksi and its in the Sakha Republic in Russia... Its a small place actually... Its a port settlement!

ps: WOOOOT!!! Its my 100th post!!

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Wow russia in a pokemon game. better be no damn commiies!
But seriously if they did that it would mean snow only region. 150 pokemon dedicated to ice and dragon. God damnit if that happens were looking at the death of pokemon. And what if they just take my idea.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Lol... If they dont take your idea... This shows how dumb those people are in nintendo... coz they dont really think about the future of their money making thingy...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Well I was talking bout the 9 region thing. And fade I cant remember name you told me I finished it. The stupidest pokemon region drawing ever.
It sucks I know but meh I like it.

JX Valentine
May 9th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Lol... Hawaii is a kinda close to Japan...

Not really, actually. XD If you zoom out (http://maps.google.com/maps?gbv=2&hl=en&q=world%20map&revid=838250577&resnum=0&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il) enough on a map, you'll be able to see that Hawaii's quite a distance away from Japan to the point where there's almost an equal distance between us and, say, Spain.

Alaska's a bit closer, but I still wouldn't consider the two neighbors.

As for the Russian region, what about Steel or Ground? Tundra's pretty barren, after all.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Its cool and i can understand soo no worries... any other theories or ideas you wanna share... coz im blank right now...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Well were does mount coronet lead. And how far does battle island extend. And if my idea is ignored by nintendo what is on the island of johto. Also although johto is nowhere near sinnoh how did nintendo make a stupidity like this.
Those 2 island look like there the same but there not. I think nintendo needs to start checking the regions.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Ooooh... you're right!! Those islands really look as if their connected... Awesome man... you have pretty sharp eyes or your just into investigatin stuff...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Sharp eyes. And also why are the islands together wouldnt it be better if the islands were sepertated.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hmm if the islands were separated... that means more water/sea than land... so kyogre wins then... lol

JX Valentine
May 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Well were does mount coronet lead.

Doesn't it lead to Rt. 216, the road to Snowpoint? O.o

what is on the island of johto.

See, I'm not so sure if Cianwood is an island. Is it ever stated, or is it just a peninsula? Because I know that the area of Japan that Johto is based on curves around a bay, and I just figured most of Johto is supposed to be on one side of the bay and Cianwood is on the other. Alternatively, if it is an island, I figured it was just Cianwood, with the rest of the island rugged territory (which would make sense for a city with a Fighting-type Gym -- gives the Gym Leader and his minions a place to practice martial arts).

Those 2 island look like there the same but there not. I think nintendo needs to start checking the regions.

Well, it's possible for two landmasses to look similar or as if they fit together but end up being two different places. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're the same or that one place leads to another or that Nintendo hasn't done their research when it comes to developing regions. We don't know what the rest of Sinnoh's island looks like, so it could actually be anything from the little nub that looks like Cianwood (which is rendered fairly poorly anyway and could possibly just look like Sicily if it is an island), a hook, a giant piece of land -- anything.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I meant were does it lead towards south-way. And thnx i was speculating it. And did everone know that pokemon was created while they were smoking pot. Or so I was told.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Are ya freakin serious??!! You mean they were like 'oooh i feel like im flying... i like tiny cute little creatures that fights... lets create creatures that you can put in your pocket... look at me! i have this thing in my ball...

JX Valentine
May 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I meant were does it lead towards south-way.

I figured as much. That's what I was talking about, mostly -- the unknown part of that island and whether it curves back and around from that point or if it just continues downward into a small, nub-like island.

And did everone know that pokemon was created while they were smoking pot. Or so I was told.

XD Whoever told you this was actually joking. It's a common little joke that's been passed around where people say that the designers were high on pot, acid, mushrooms, crack, LSD, glue fumes -- you name it. Really, it's a comment on the fact that some designs make no sense or look utterly ridiculous.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Oh ok thnx again. Another strange question why doesnt nintendo create different versions of the regions. Like a lava filled hoenn or a flooded kanto. And is there anything beyond pokeania? My name by the way.

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah.. route 224 could lead to another region. Also Darkcookie, could a game with more than one reigon e.g. Sinnoh and Jhoto, be created?

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Why should they?? If they create a lava filled hoenn, doesn't that mean there wont be any water, grass or bug pokemon there...
There's definitely sumthin beyond pokeania... its a brand new world!

JX Valentine
May 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Oh ok thnx again.

No prob.

Another strange question why doesnt nintendo create different versions of the regions. Like a lava filled hoenn or a flooded kanto.

They kinda tried with RSE, but they stopped short, which really is a shame. I think it would be because they'd have to completely redesign the map if it's supposed to be an event to show what the region looks like during and after (if there is an after) and code what Pokemon are still available. Probably just too much work (although on the other hand, it's not like they can't do something like that).

On top of that, it might also be too much of a storyline for Pokemon, which is usually a pretty simple game with one major storyline and a bunch of side plots that only take a few minutes to complete. On top of that, the focus is usually catching Pokemon and earning badges, so maybe a huge natural disaster would get in the way of those goals (unless they threw in some way to still find Pokemon).

Come to think of it, I'm thinking both might be possible for a DS game, so I'm not particularly sure here.

And is there anything beyond pokeania? My name by the way.

Well, if you mean the country with the four regions, I always thought so and assumed that places like Orre and whatever region name they'd give for the area of Russia were in other countries. It's just that we get a larger-than-life view of a small corner of the world because that's what the Japanese would've liked to see -- a game taking place in a Japanese-based region, with the map zoomed in to focus only on a small corner of the world that looks the most like home.

Which makes me wonder about what other American regions look like. Orre is nearly landlocked except for the west, right?

Edit: Also, sorry, I thought you meant Cianwood in the other post, not Mt. Coronet.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
No prob. And some aylytics again. Why dont pokemon adapt to regions. Why doesnt nintendo make regional types of pokemon. I would love it tell you the truth.

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Yes, it would be good to adapt regions.. but if they made a game with two regions.. well, there would be more than 493 Pokémon!! When i found out that the National Dex contained 493 Pokémon, i was like, "whoa".

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 11:30 AM
No there would be 493 pokemon just 986 sprites if my math is correct.

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah! Whoops embarassing lol. Thats a hell of a lot of sprites!!

Andelc
May 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM
That map is really sweet,
i think its' really cool to finally see the real location of the movies.
but where did you get it from ?

But is the map officially real and made by the pokemon company?
Its looks real but I just wanna know if its officially official.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Dude, that thing is officially official... Trust me...

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Lol yeah it is! Officialy official, it is.. it's very good, i must say!

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
LOL!! *high five* soo where were we??

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Anylytics by dark cookie on regions the shapes anatomies and why pokemon dont adapt to regions god damnit

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I dont really get what you said the first part but LoL! Chill out dude... How am I suppose to know why pokemon dont adapt to their regions.. but it is a good idea though... could ya give me an example??

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Its just stuoid why pokemon dont adapt. I mean look you can find geodude and zubat in any cave right? So why not have the gedudes in hoenn smoother than other geos and bumpier in sinnoh and zubat more deep purple and eviller looking in sinnoh. I mean if they want to get a bit realistic that at least6 has to happen

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I guess your right.. like, Snowpoint city has ice - type Pokémon..

Ohh, and Pokémon Snap is a little like that.. such as you find all fire Pokémon there.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Owh... that... Yeah, sweet ideas man...That way, we can know which pokemon belongs to which region... Pidgeys and Ratattas in Kanto or Sinnoh are bigger... Ya sure you dont want to sell these ideas to nintendo? LOL...

Toblerone
May 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Heh heh, you should man! But they'd probably steal it, lol. Its a good idea.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Cause I know no japenese. And back on subject more-can you guess-analytics on regions. If sinnoh was connected to johto then were would hoenn go? I say they would have then made a ring of regions around the islands that are what we know sevii group and orange group. Also will there ever be an all island main region like orange islands but bigger?

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Isn't Hoenn an island? Wait... the north of Fortree City is connected to another region... dang

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
How its an island. Or is there clouds. If clouds then its another region. Its nintendo for them to put clouds over anything new.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM
LOL!! My bad! I was refering to the map in ruby/sapphire/emerald game... yes than it is an island!! Like you said an all island main region... its definitely bigger than orange islands...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:37 PM
No i meant like seperate little islands with 2 or 3 towns vilagges cities on them.
Also what theme do you use. Im trying to find a good one besides forever standing

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Owh... roger that! Now i positively 100% understand what ya mean... well we dont really know what nintendo is actually thinkin now... we just have to find out when the next gen of pokemon comes... but if the region is like what you said than the theme of the game might be based on water or the sea... *gasp* a new super legendary water pokemon...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yeha I thought of that. Also what if you have type based regions. I know this sounds crazy but what if nintendo in the 5th gen adds seasons. Would you be able to see a snowy area here and there or something like that. And what if now dont kill me they make a world map full with no blanks or clouds or anything andf just leave it like that. What would you think belongs in ythe plain greeness of nintendo. You know what Ill show what I mean

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Are you drawing another map??

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yep to the paint-mobile and vote while you wait.
No waiting this time. This is pretty self explanatory

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Im guessin two regions... they should make another game with sumthin like the gold/silver/crystal series... i mean you get to travel to a diffrent region...

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah andif they do how would routes connect? Through mount silver right? And Im falling asleep so I wll talk 2morow and I might hav a routed map. Dont ask how freaky it will be just wait.

fade101
May 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM
LOL! Catch ya later dude! Cant wait...

ErickaVolt
May 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM
It's possible that there'll be two regions above Johto and Kanto. Because that area is VERY big. Ok but the next region I like to guess is Chugoku Region and Tohoku Region. Anyways, hey that was my idea. You made a poll.

DragonFir3
May 10th, 2008, 03:27 AM
There will be numerous regions, till Pokemon games come to an end. And when is that?= When there will be no more interest is Pokemon games. So, Nintendo does not get any money, and as easy as that Nintendo abolish Pokemon. Thay may still be selling anime on DVD, but nothing more. It's all about the money.

Cid
May 10th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Well, I guess we still don't know how many regions aren't released yet, though in my opinion, I think there will be 1 more region above Kanto and Johto area and 2 more in other areas... I just imagine it that way, and it's completely an opinion...

masterfun101
May 10th, 2008, 03:58 AM
duz any1 know how to get pieces of maps id like a link
pm if u find out how

Mitchman
May 11th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Nope no link I got it like that. And that map is going to extend I know it.

Red1530
May 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Since it looks like it has not been answered, Orre is based on the U.S. State Arizona.

JX Valentine
May 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Since it looks like it has not been answered, Orre is based on the U.S. State Arizona.

Ahem...

It's mostly based on Arizona (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world#Orre). Deserts, for one, and one of the key cities (Phenac) bears similarities to Phoenix.

Although it's a bit hard to read, one of the members of the production team mentioned using images of Arizona as a basis (http://web.archive.org/web/20041206051100/http://www.pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=497) (although he'd never actually been to the state) in an interview a couple years ago.

That aside, well, they've already started with Orre (being Arizona)...

I love it when my posts are ignored. =/

shadabad
May 30th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Um I remember there was an official map released in Japan with the 10th movie dvd (Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai)

archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/xmc5rukq/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

Mitchman
June 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Well my old post got deleted for some strange reson but fade if watching lookie another one of my maps! Its old yeh but heck it gets thngs going again.Darn I dletes it but heck heres a try of a region south of sinnoh by bonadong on deviant art. I like it.
Also theory time. Although we covered the basics you think we would ever go to the west and exploer true areas of the real world like in thw pokemon universe although there is technology japan is still shrouded like how it was till the 1800s. I know how the heck did technology get there but meh dont know. I would acually like it tell you the truth. Walking through the forests in england or france. Having a tripped out time in amsterdam or even being in amrica watching lugia fly over the statue of liberty....got to stop the coke-cola dont I?

Impish
July 16th, 2008, 03:39 AM
WTF!!! Sinnoh isn't SOUTH of johto/kanto!!! It's North!!! it's effin freezing cold! sorry for flamz but that like, some kind of physotic physics!!! even in a fictional universe, hoenn and sinnoh can't be in the same place!!! haven't you ever watched supermean returns!! end flame.

InMooseWeTrust
July 16th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Wow, I thought the regions were right next to each other but I wasn't really sure though, but it's kinda awesome that you can see all four regions.

The regions aren't all that close together; that's just a general idea. In later generations I expect them to add more regions.

I could see them making a region in between Johto and Hoenn.

Mitchman
July 16th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Ok who flamed and revived my thread?!Nah its ok but dont do it again. I think now its safe to just let it die. Nah ets get talking! Um so where would the 5th region go. In georaphy.