PDA

View Full Version : No More Scans?!

omni89
May 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
It's sad but unfortunately it seems to be true. As some of you may have noticed over the past few days, links to download Pokemon manga on this forum have been disappearing as well as entire threads dedicated to them. Two of my threads were part of this and it was their disappearance that prompted me to contact Rukario, the site admin behind the recent deletings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni89
At first I was confused about what happened to my threads, but then I read your post in kazukiPP's thread and realized what probably happened to them. Concerning this matter I have two questions:

1) If I were to post those links else where and provide a link to that location, would that be acceptable as long as the site I use isn't another forum. (e.g. MySpace or some thing)

2) Could you send me a copy of the body of the original post in the Archive Thread. That post contained links that I otherwise have no way of recalling or locating, at least easily.

Thank you,
Omni89

The Response
You can link to a website that has "more info" (don't say links.. ) and so on..

Just so you know.. PC doesn't want to link to any direct downloads of anything illegal or anything that can be perceived as such. Since most manga is licensed, the only allowed links are to official sites or to sites that has info, reviews, etc.. We do want to foster rich and productive discussions about them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at this I think we can gleam several things:
1) PC doesn't want any direct download links posted anywhere on the site whether they be for manga, music, videos, or what have you.

2) PC doesn't want manga scans, links to them, or anything of the sort to be upload here. In other words, keep it legal like Serebii.

3) This means that scanlation projects, full volume scan projects, Photobucket scans, and anything else that involves uploading scans of manga is expressly prohibited on this site from this point forward.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I can't say that I'm entirely happy with this, I understand where the Admins are coming from. I love getting stuff for free instead of having to pay almost $200.00 to have it shipped to me from Singapore. However, I don't want to get sued nor do I want others to get in trouble for my actions. So, I guess whether we like it or not, this forum is changing and people will just have to find somewhere else to post scans should they decide to continue doing so.

So what do you all think?

Cem-chan
May 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
This can't be! No more scans? I see the laws of Serebii have caught up to this site. It's not fair! I do understand but ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

*Sigh* It was nice while it lasted. But now how will we know if Volumes 19, 24+ are posted? Could we set up a new "posting place" somehow?

minakichan
May 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Sighh...

omni, can you give me the list of links and stuff? I can put it on our totally defunct website pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net, and update it when you need or whatever. We have a web base of operations, I suppose we could use it. >_<;

VideoFan9864
May 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
No more scans? Well its bound to happen since I almost forgot they are illegal. If it were an anime it would be as easy as pie to get them which makes it more annoying that THAT pokemon anime is so easy to get.
This means that all the links to photobucket, mediafire, and megaupload are not allowed right? Although some people nag about scans simply because of impatience I can understand a little bit now in situations like these. But there is always putting the scans in another site like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net mentioned or a new photobucket and just PM the link to people.

NayrExoto
May 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
hmm this is depressing news, i wonder why the sudden change of heart its been going on since nicoleb did it. and that was some time ago. i hope the might reconsider. if you do put it on that site mina said some one needs to inform nightwizard of it so he can give us a mediafire or something to put on the site.

or it can all be moved to the scanlation site with the forums open and we can post updates in there.

Mileyangel
May 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
CRAP!! I knew the legal system would catch up to us!!!!!!

Now how am I supposed to read the end of the FR/LG saga....?

lucawesome
May 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I can't believe this! I just needed Vol. 19 and my life would've been complete, just that one, I wasnt' asking for anything else. D:

VideoFan9864
May 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I can't believe this! I just needed Vol. 19 and my life would've been complete, just that one, I wasnt' asking for anything else. D:

You only need till the R/S arc? I think you're overexagerating. There are still the FRLG and the emerald arc. Personally I would consider the ending of the emerald arc as all that I need for the moment since when I try searching for pokemon DP manga all I get is the one with Hayate. Seriously i can't find pokemon dp special.

Also seriously guys, if serebii.net was not careful about the manga scans we would have gotten all the scans until dp already however they would have been sued already so don't blame this site for doing the same.

Cid
May 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
No more scans??? O_o.... Oh man...

Sigh... Well, it can't be helped... I guess I'll stick to buying Pokemon Manga from now on...

Avegaille
May 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I'm not surprised... I knew this would happen sooner or later...

Anyways, LJ's your best hope... at least this way... with the friends-only locking system, ah, you get what I mean...

NayrExoto
May 8th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Theres a way around all of this. First all you have to do is put the scans on pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net, if a new one is released make an anouncement here to inform us of the release.

they could open pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net forums and post it there, and we would have to check on it.

or we could use th good old buddy system, which is a terrible way to pass it around since no one could get it.

also we could still have the release thread were when one comes out we have to post link me Please and the volume #.

Donna
May 8th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Yes I totally agree with NayrExoto we just need to put all the links and stuff on that website :D

Are the other threads (Volume 17-20 release and FR/LG release) going to be deleted as wel?

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I have no idea if the other threads will get deleted but it's a good thing that NayrExoto found a way...

Noam
May 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
So... from now on the manga will post in this "pkmntrans"?

Maxim
May 8th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Pokecommunity is scanning it.

That's all Mileyangel's fault! She mentioned on SerebiiForums that we scan Pokemon Mangas. Merrick noticed that and reported us. I hope he does a DBCOYOV.

While I can forgive Mileyangel, there's no doubt it is HER who revealed our secret world to inappriorate people.

Thanks to the two, there will never be any more scans on PokeCommunity.

lord chaos
May 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
This sucks. I just found this site yesterday after searching forever for Pokemon Adventure scans. Luckily I was able to get volumes 15 and 16 before the links were erased.

Also, is Viz the company that would sue? That would be really stupid if it is. Why do they care? They aren't selling anything past Yellow in America. Why are we prevented from reading this awesome series just because they own the copyright from the first few volumes and are to concerned about profits to publish the rest of the series (which, from what I've heard from you guys, would be ruined by Viz anyways)? I say if they aren't going to finish the series then they sholdn't have any right to prevent us from posting the volumes that they haven't been published on this forum.

Rukario
May 8th, 2008, 12:12 PM
single page (or 2) scans used to show what you mean in your post/discussion are allowed.
PC just doesn't want to support downloading scans, scan-groups, scanlations, etc. directly. like I said talk (lots, post a pic or 2) and go ahead and link to other sites with what you need..

Apathetic_Yen
May 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I had a sick feeling the scanlation projects were going to be too good to be true

NayrExoto
May 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM
single page (or 2) scans used to show what you mean in your post/discussion are allowed.
PC just doesn't want to support downloading scans, scan-groups, scanlations, etc. directly. like I said talk (lots, post a pic or 2) and go ahead and link to other sites with what you need..ok i got a few questions for you.

are you saying that we could make a anouncemnet here and say its at sites like pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net?

and if you did not want to support any scans and stuff like that why you let nicoleb thread stay there for over 2 years? or why didnt you stop it earlier before this section made many, mnay people happy that way people will go " oh i under stand" and not over 10 volumes later? where the sense in that. now im not trying to be rude, but it peaked my curiosity.

airconditioning
May 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I do find it humorous that this announcement comes out of nowhere, and completely deletes our archive of links. Of course, I only find this humorous because I have all of the current scans on my HD.

lord chaos
May 8th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I do find it humorous that this announcement comes out of nowhere, and completely deletes our archive of links. Of course, I only find this humorous because I have all of the current scans on my HD.

Lucky. Any chance I can get them from you? (lol)

oni flygon
May 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Oh wow... not surprised that good ol' Serebii is behind this.

The thing here is that it only prohibits links to direct download sites. Since photobucket is a image hosting site and not a download site, it's still possible to post the scans on photobucket. So yeah, hopefully the scanning effort will still continue.

omni89
May 8th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Well I can't say I expected the response to be any different; take candy from a baby it will likely get pissed off. Lame metaphors aside, however, I have a few things I would like to share with you all.

1) Before you flame Rukario (and likely get banned for it) or MileyAngel (just reach for that stress toy Maxim and you'll feel better), I would like you all to know that the former was kind enough to send me all the links that I originally posted in the archive thread.

2) I still have scans of PS/PA on Photobucket and can easily repost the links to those.

3) After reviewing your feedback and even some Pms (I'm not usually very popular :D), I've decided that I will give the existing links I have to Minakichan to be posted on pkmntans. I just had a huge brainstorming session with her and we've got some neat ideas that we would like to see come to fruition. Things aren't really solid yet but we'll try to keep you posted.

4) For the time being we are thinking of limiting things to material that is not licensed or widely distributed outside of Asian territories. This means that for the moment stuff like Pokemon D&P and The Electric Tale of Pikachu are out of bounds as we don't want Viz coming after us the moment we get off the ground. PokeSpe and Golden Boys are alright though, we agreed.

RubyJB88
May 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I have been reading the manga for quite some time. Please let us know what's up.

Are the photobucket scans not allowed?

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure... I thought they were talking about pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net...

Anyway, I guess Photobucket scans aren't allowed either...

Apathetic_Yen
May 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM

The thing here is that it only prohibits links to direct download sites. Since photobucket is a image hosting site and not a download site, it's still possible to post the scans on photobucket. So yeah, hopefully the scanning effort will still continue.

well i read the remaining volumes anyway. better safe than sorry but that's good to know. Does this mean that there's still hope for vol 19?

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I think there is... I hope there is... Anyway, I read Pokemon Manga too...

Apathetic_Yen
May 8th, 2008, 08:47 PM
lol, I always told myself that I'd be satisfied with reading the manga if I were able to read at least till the end of the Johto arc. Then the Hoenn arc. Now I want to finish the FrLg arc and Emerald and start D/P. I guess you cant really get enough of it. Makes me wish that i had a job

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Me too... I haven't read the DP arc yet... I hope they can work this problem out...

VideoFan9864
May 8th, 2008, 08:52 PM

You mean the english version till 23 that have been uploaded so far? or do you have until volume 26? In a way some of us are lucky since we discovered the site right away and download. Its really a pity about volume 19 and 24-recent if the scans will stop there. In truth I really hate to read manga if they are incomplete since its a cliffhanger.

Apathetic_Yen
May 8th, 2008, 08:56 PM
You mean the english version till 23 that have been uploaded so far? or do you have until volume 26? In a way some of us are lucky since we discovered the site right away and download. Its really a pity about volume 19 and 24-recent if the scans will stop there. In truth I really hate to read manga if they are incomplete since its a cliffhanger.

yeah i know what you mean. I wasnt thrilled with the idea of reaing 20+ without vol 19 but with the threat of it never showing up now I couldn't really help it.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I hope they complete the manga since I hate unfinished or hiatus manga, too...

Especially when it's on the climax...

Mileyangel
May 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
That's all Mileyangel's fault! She mentioned on SerebiiForums that we scan Pokemon Mangas. Merrick noticed that and reported us. I hope he does a DBCOYOV.

While I can forgive Mileyangel, there's no doubt it is HER who revealed our secret world to inappriorate people.

Wow, somebody's a little paranoid.

Honest to God, Maxim, do you think that I wanted this to happen?

This isn't the end of the world. Like people mentioned, there are alternative ways to reading the scans from now on. If this whole entire thing is my fault, and I do doubt that I'm responsible for everything, then I apologize. I was just trying to help out a few people, but I forgot how uptight Serebii is. But I don't think that it's appropriate to pin the blame on only one or two people.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I just want this problem to be solved and not blame each other... Everyone wants to...

Apathetic_Yen
May 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM

This isn't the end of the world. Like people mentioned, there are alternative ways to reading the scans from now on. If this whole entire thing is my fault, and I do doubt that I'm responsible for everything, then I apologize. I was just trying to help out a few people, but I forgot how uptight Serebii is. But I don't think that it's appropriate to pin the blame on only one or two people.

Even if you did spread the word I don't see how it's your fault. I mean, it's not like the admins of serebii can't simply check out what's crackin at PC once in awhile and see "POKESPECIAL VOLUMES ALL OF THEM"

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, and we should stop blaming each other... I don't get why you're being blamed too, Mileyangel...

Mileyangel
May 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah, and we should stop blaming each other... I don't get why you're being blamed too, Mileyangel...

The usual.....people complaining about scans, I wanted to help, that turned into this, this turned into that...... and I'm supposedly to person to blame about all of this.....

But, come on, I'M not the one who forced this.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I know... Anyway, does anyone have an idea on how this problem's going to be fixed?

Maxim
May 9th, 2008, 12:08 AM

I didn't say you did it on purpose. That's why I CAN forgive you this.

Now, a question. Why do I still see ROM Hacks here? It is also illegal piracy. So, why are all ROM Hack threads kept, while all the manga scan threads and links are deleted? I smell something strange.

Cid
May 9th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Yeah, that's pretty fishy, too. Though posting links to ROM Hack is against the rules already...

Argent Crusader
May 9th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Well, ROM hacking is mantained in a tricky way here...
The only links that are allowed are the IPS patches, since the content of those patches is irrelevant...
Maybe if we post a link to a SFX file whith volumes scans they can't be considered illegal, since they arent the files itself, its a exe that "creates" the files. Just look from the same perspective of the IPS patches... They aren't the ROM hacks themselves...

minakichan
May 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hai guize!

Placed all of the links omni89 had on http://pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net/, so it's not affiliated w/ PC in any way. As omni said, we be thinkin' 'bout expanding it and making it sort of the PokeSpe scans/scanlation homebase. Right now, there's nothing else there though.

Will be filling in holes in the mirrors if/when I got the chance.

Cem-chan
May 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
^ Yay for the new site. Thanks Minakichan and everyone else.

And don't blame Mileyangel for what happened! I spread the word too. It was even in my signature. (NOw I guess I'll be bombarded by hate mail and should probably make a secret new acount before I'm the most HATED person here)

IM SO SORRY!! T.T T.T T.T T.T

lalalagirl
May 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks Minakichan & everyone else ^^~! You guys are the best =)

Mileyangel
May 9th, 2008, 03:15 PM
^ Yay for the new site. Thanks Minakichan and everyone else.

And don't blame Mileyangel for what happened! I spread the word too. It was even in my signature. (NOw I guess I'll be bombarded by hate mail and should probably make a secret new acount before I'm the most HATED person here)

IM SO SORRY!! T.T T.T T.T T.T

I don't think that anybody really HATES someone....

RuwlaTc
May 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Awh too bad! I was really hoping for the FR/LF and Emerald volumes..

Cid
May 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Well, it's nice that everyones not blaming each other anymore...

Yay for minakichan and everyone else! :D

lucawesome
May 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM
This is horrible timing. I was already starting to think about buying the Mystery Dungeon manga and ask if anyone wanted someone to scan it since I haven't seen it around here...

NayrExoto
May 9th, 2008, 09:25 PM
well now we need to get hold of night wizard and tell him that you pm mina a link to put it on the site. lets hope 19 comes eventualy

Sayaendo
May 15th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hai guize!

Placed all of the links omni89 had on "YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO POST URLS AFTER 15 POSTS OR MORE", so it's not affiliated w/ PC in any way. As omni said, we be thinkin' 'bout expanding it and making it sort of the PokeSpe scans/scanlation homebase. Right now, there's nothing else there though.

Will be filling in holes in the mirrors if/when I got the chance.

While this thread is still about it, can I ask for one thing?

Bigger, MUCH bigger text box, and a larger font, please. I beg you.
Also, instead of making a forum [which I guess you plan on, since I see the option there], a kind of a comment system might be better. Much smaller everything is much more accessible.

NyauNyau
May 15th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I read this, and ..yes, less than happy about it. :D ..considering how horribly overpriced the shipping is.

Anyway..another alternative, I found, is ..and I do hope this is allowed. And perhaps having it be a mirror to the already provided site..

onemanga.com

They already have some of the chapters up, but are in need of more. How about uploading what you all have, on there? For easy online viewing.

minakichan
May 16th, 2008, 11:24 AM
EDIT: Asked OneManga; here was the response:

"Hi there,

We do prefer to use the fan translated material rather than more
official ones. We understand that the scans available for Pokemon are
way ahead of what we have but as long as there is an ongoing fan
translation for the series we probably will not add the official
material yet.

But we thank you very much for making us the offer of sending us your
scans. It is good to know there are people out there wanting to share
manga with the rest of the community."

I didn't really expect any different result =/

NyauNyau
May 16th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Wow, thats really lame..D: ..but it was worth a shot..ah well.

Phreack
May 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM
How about this page? http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/95

Kejmur
May 18th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Hmmm... the situation is really complicated. I think blaming each other right now is really a bad idea. Now is also too late. Now we just need to think how to deal with this situation. I have two propositions, but I'm not sure that will work.

1. Maybe you should try to ask Mangafox ? They put on server the biggest number of chapters of Pokemon Adventures (144) and I hope they won't answer for it like OneManga, because it's not that popular. Or just talk with Stoptazmo, this website always put on their server fan scanlations if I remember correctly, but only in ZIP files.
2. Second option is just to put manga on website, which isn't from USA or UK. I also come from Poland, I should look for some cheap server to put all materials there.

airconditioning
May 18th, 2008, 04:00 AM
2. Second option is just to put manga on website, which isn't from USA or UK. I also come from Poland, I should look for some cheap server to put all materials there.

http://pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net/

Maxim
May 18th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I also come from Poland

No to witaj na pokładzie, ziomalu.

Anyway, I hope that after uploading everything to a server, we can go back to scanning. I don't want our manga bussiness to be ruined by some "legal system".

Mileyangel
May 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
......does Serebii have some sort of control over things?

NayrExoto
May 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM
i've been wondering that my self what does seribii have to do with anything

Maxim
May 18th, 2008, 10:10 PM

You know, Merrick is sort of a "Sun King".

He thinks he shines like sun and is above everyone.

When {someone} mentioned us doing scans on the PokeCommunity, Merrick's brainwashed members started to yell "No! They Shouldn't! It's illegal! Our Lord will punish you!" And the "Lord" spotted it, and raided into PokeCommunity.

It's especially annoying considering that Merrick has all game ROMs on his computer (just look at his screenshots) and probably also manga scans from Coronis. He is NOTHING like a sun, in fact.

NayrExoto
May 19th, 2008, 04:40 AM
BAH! ignore this person then , he has no right to tells us that these are wrong. Plus you think the people who run PC would be angry for him trying to control them.

Plus that (someone) is like tons of people on seribii there were links every where to this site when i went there to investigate and try to understand.

NayrExoto
May 19th, 2008, 04:44 AM
BAH! ignore this person then , he has no right to tells us that these are wrong. Plus you think the people who run PC would be angry for him trying to control them.

Plus that (someone) is like tons of people on seribii there were links every where to this site when i went there to investigate and try to understand.

Mileyangel
May 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM

When {someone} mentioned us doing scans on the PokeCommunity, Merrick's brainwashed members started to yell "No! They Shouldn't! It's illegal! Our Lord will punish you!" And the "Lord" spotted it, and raided into PokeCommunity.

It's especially annoying considering that Merrick has all game ROMs on his computer (just look at his screenshots) and probably also manga scans from Coronis. He is NOTHING like a sun, in fact.

So...in other words, Merrick's a hypocrite.

NayrExoto
May 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
basicaly he a is hypocrite and i dont know why people bother following him. i say PC should say STFU to Merrick

Apathetic_Yen
May 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
hmm never heard of this Merrick dude, prolly becuz I'm not on serebii forums. Can someone explain to me why it is worng to scan pokemon manga yet you see some of the most popular manga being scanned everyday on onemanga and such.

NayrExoto
May 19th, 2008, 06:09 PM
well manga is still putting copy righted material on the net but this Merrick guy is a idiot and im not on serribii. ok thsi guy has emulated games on his compy and genneraly games sell for about $50 in america(notsure what other country prices are) were a volume of manga is 10 dollars generally or mainly a dollar per cha[ter as most volumes how about 10 chapter per volume. hey more stole stuff on his computer than the whole release thread with a few games. and yet he complains about scans. he probaly sell poke special manga and is being winny becasue people can now get it on here.

airconditioning
May 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
To be fair, just because he pirates stuff, doesn't mean he wants his site to get taken down. I wouldn't want my stuff messed up just because I have a few gigs of pirated material on my HD.

Why he would care about PC, though, I have no idea.

Maxim
May 20th, 2008, 02:44 AM
hmm never heard of this Merrick dude, prolly becuz I'm not on serebii forums. Can someone explain to me why it is worng to scan pokemon manga yet you see some of the most popular manga being scanned everyday on onemanga and such.

Joe Merrick = Serebii's real name.

So, I think you've heard about him after all.

Mileyangel
May 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Why was this such a big deal to him, anyway?

minakichan
May 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I dunno if I would assume that Serebii has Coronis' scans; does Coronis even have physical scans anyway? That's a HUGE amount of work, so there's no way sie could have taken books and scanned them in; the alternative is that sie uses existing scans from the nets, but I certainly couldn't find Japanese scans anywhere.

That doesn't mean Serebii is any better as a person, of course >_>; I honestly just think he acts like that because he doesn't want diverting attention-- after all, serebii.net has essentially the monopoly on PokeSpe information. It's like the friggin' Medieval Church; no one could read, so they had the monopoly on attention and information. Rassnfrassn jerkfaces.

(Actually, I'm just biased against serebii because the forums are increeeeeedibly noobish. S'why I hang out here =P)

The Hero Without a Name
May 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I'm not happy about this, but, I understand Lucario's reasoning. *sigh*...

I dunno if I would assume that Serebii has Coronis' scans; does Coronis even have physical scans anyway? That's a HUGE amount of work, so there's no way sie could have taken books and scanned them in; the alternative is that sie uses existing scans from the nets, but I certainly couldn't find Japanese scans anywhere.

That doesn't mean Serebii is any better as a person, of course >_>; I honestly just think he acts like that because he doesn't want diverting attention-- after all, serebii.net has essentially the monopoly on PokeSpe information. It's like the friggin' Medieval Church; no one could read, so they had the monopoly on attention and information. Rassnfrassn jerkfaces.

(Actually, I'm just biased against serebii because the forums are increeeeeedibly noobish. S'why I hang out here =P)
Whether you're biased or not, that totally makes sense...

airconditioning
May 20th, 2008, 07:16 PM

As an aside, I went to Serebii's forums for about five minutes one time. Nothing could top the mix of hatred and rage that I felt toward the stupidity of that forum. Seriously, even our own Diamond and Pearl forum can't compare to them.

There are people that like Soulja Boy there.

And they're in the majority.

Apathetic_Yen
May 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM
As an aside, I went to Serebii's forums for about five minutes one time. Nothing could top the mix of hatred and rage that I felt toward the stupidity of that forum. Seriously, even our own Diamond and Pearl forum can't compare to them.

There are people that like Soulja Boy there.

And they're in the majority.

I been around serebii forums but I 've never been struck by anything too n00bish. More like they seem to get all butthurt if someone is being n00bish.

Maxim
May 20th, 2008, 10:56 PM
It's like the friggin' Medieval Church; no one could read, so they had the monopoly on attention and information. Rassnfrassn jerkfaces.

Another religion-hating atheist rebelliant?

I keep seeing them everywhere. That's so boring.

minakichan
May 20th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Another religion-hating atheist rebelliant?

I keep seeing them everywhere. That's so boring.

I'm a Christian, FYI.

WHAT'CHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT? XDDD

Regardless, I don't think it's particularly unfair to say. Medieval Church != modern Catholic Church. JP2 was the shiz.

/off-topic. Just had to clarify.

Idiot!
May 21st, 2008, 06:42 AM
Yup, serebii forums is just noobish enough to allow art thieves to live. I know, my art was stolen there. And I left, fed up at the lousy control over art thieves.

Anyways, now that Coronis is gone (for a good cause), Serebii has only netkun to get PokéSpe info. I really hope that volume 29 comes out at July soon. Then maybe the Emerald conclusion will come to light.

I think Serebii is afraid of losing manga-wise to PC, now that the queen of his side of the PokéSpe chessboard is gone. The only reason I can think of why Serebii forums is popular is the manga section because no other site I know of has English PokéSpe info. He's probably trying to remove competition. To support my statement: Serebii didn't barge in until now, and definitely not before Coronis left. PC isn't his to dominate anyways, so he shouldn't play politics here.

Mileyangel
May 21st, 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm a Christian, FYI.

I'm Catholic. Go Jesus!

Anyway, since I usually only post in the Pokemon Manga section, I don't see anything really noobish. They are a bit intolerant in other sections.

They totally bash Inuyasha and other anime.

airconditioning
May 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
They totally bash Inuyasha and other anime.

They do? Hm... I have a newfound respect for Serebii.

NayrExoto
May 21st, 2008, 03:01 PM
They do? Hm... I have a newfound respect for Serebii.bah there nothing wrong with inuyasha exept that its been drawn out for way to long. other than that it very decent one of my fist anime/manga

so i still dont like seribii

Apathetic_Yen
May 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
well aside from the fact that serebii totally screwed us over, i still like going there for info. But never the forums, im not one to hang out in multiple forums. tried bulbapedia but eventually left.

Mileyangel
May 21st, 2008, 07:56 PM
Ha ha, don't worry guys, I'm not one of those people who will start screaming, "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY INUYASHA!!!! YOU'LL REGRET THAT!!!!"

Serebii has the best information, I think. Pokecommunity has scans and cooler people=D

NayrExoto
May 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Ha ha, don't worry guys, I'm not one of those people who will start screaming, "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY INUYASHA!!!! YOU'LL REGRET THAT!!!!"

Serebii has the best information, I think. Pokecommunity has scans and cooler people=Di not one of those people. im more like ehh your opinion but im going to go enjoy my ending in the coming weeks.

Apathetic_Yen
May 21st, 2008, 09:41 PM

Serebii has the best information, I think. Pokecommunity has scans and cooler people=D

yah, that pretty much sums it up right there. Never did like the tone of Serebii's forums too much to be honest, although like i've said, never seen anything to n00bish

oni flygon
May 21st, 2008, 09:43 PM
Wow I'm surprised good ol' Joe isn't all over this yet. He has a knack of searching for his username "Serebii" just to find threads that talk about him and at least quell anything said against him.

Anyway, from my previous experience there, Joe is in a new level of elitism. Sometimes I think that the uppers here are elitists, but good ol' Serebii Joe brings it to a new level. Like you said, eliminating competition simply because he's the best there is. And like what Maxim said, he's the Sun King. Shining all over the place.

Anyway, the whole manga thing stemmed a long way back ever since my friends and I attempted to spark interesting in the manga and then Coronis just happens to start working for Serebii. But that was a long time ago. Now, apparently from what I'm reading, Coronis stopped working and Serebii just lost another vital part of his monopoly on Pokemon... so I guess he's just going dirty and starts attacking the actual fanbase of the manga... a little odd hm?

Maxim
May 22nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Anyway, from my previous experience there, Joe is in a new level of elitism. Sometimes I think that the uppers here are elitists, but good ol' Serebii Joe brings it to a new level. Like you said, eliminating competition simply because he's the best there is. And like what Maxim said, he's the Sun King. Shining all over the place.

Elitist! Yeah! That's the word I was looking for!

I agree. All admins of bigger forums in the fandom are elitists, but Merrick wipes them out to the ground. He's an elitist titan.

Anyway, the whole manga thing stemmed a long way back ever since my friends and I attempted to spark interesting in the manga and then Coronis just happens to start working for Serebii. But that was a long time ago. Now, apparently from what I'm reading, Coronis stopped working and Serebii just lost another vital part of his monopoly on Pokemon... so I guess he's just going dirty and starts attacking the actual fanbase of the manga... a little odd hm?

So, you think that whole fiasco has something to do with Coronis's quit? Possible, possible. If it's so, then it is REALLY cruel of him.

Mileyangel
May 22nd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Jeez....a little over-the-top of him, don't you think?

The Hero Without a Name
May 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah... he runs a freaking Pokemon fansite. A fansite. And I guess to him, his site's monopoly on PokeSpecial info is more important than the happiness of fans.

But, I guess, he probably sees and cares about nothing but power.

ladygalaxy
June 8th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I was thinking of setting up an LJ community for the mangas. It'd be a bit like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments site, except that as a community we could continue with all the discussions and member contributions related to the scans themselves, just like the forum here. I already PM-ed Avegailled about it, since she's the only other major LJ user I've seen on here, but would anyone be interested? How many people here even use/are willing to sign up for Livejournal? =S

lalalagirl
June 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I was thinking of setting up an LJ community for the mangas. It'd be a bit like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments site, except that as a community we could continue with all the discussions and member contributions related to the scans themselves, just like the forum here. I already PM-ed Avegailled about it, since she's the only other major LJ user I've seen on here, but would anyone be interested? How many people here even use/are willing to sign up for Livejournal? =S

That sounds awesome. It makes more sense to do it there than talking about scans here and posting it on pkmn trans :) I'm willing to sign up for LJ just for it haha~

minakichan
June 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I LJ. XDDD

omni89 and I have been kinda sorta working on a forum for the pkmntrans site. That's another possible community-type-thing for the scans.

ladygalaxy
June 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I LJ. XDDD

omni89 and I have been kinda sorta working on a forum for the pkmntrans site. That's another possible community-type-thing for the scans.

Hmm there's a thought. Well I dno, but in my opinion, it's always better to have more options available! Just incase you know, Merrick suddenly decides INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES hosting manga are threatening his wield over the fandom too >.<

And I dno, maybe the LJ could be for more than just hosting scans, we could also have fanarts, PokeSpe fanfics, fanmixes etcetc. And of course we could affiliate with the pkmntrans site too :)

lara lynx
June 9th, 2008, 09:02 AM
What about posting them up on photobucket? Others have tried it snd it seems to work well

minakichan
June 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
And I dno, maybe the LJ could be for more than just hosting scans, we could also have fanarts, PokeSpe fanfics, fanmixes etcetc. And of course we could affiliate with the pkmntrans site too :)

Yes yes yes!!!

There's a PokeSpe LJ comm called pokemon_special, but it is so quiet and tiny ;_; bigger pokespe comm PLZ.

ladygalaxy
June 9th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Yes yes yes!!!

There's a PokeSpe LJ comm called pokemon_special, but it is so quiet and tiny ;_; bigger pokespe comm PLZ.

Rly? I didn't even see that comm listed when I did an interest search! xD

All righty. Avegaille and I have agreed. THE LJ SHALL GO AHEAD!
(We've a little while to go before the actual thing gets set up though xD).
I'm thinking we allow it for ANY manga discussion, but PokeSpe will be the main focus.
All scans will of course, be friends locked, so for those who do not want to join LJ or go under moderated membership, pkmntrans will always be up and running! :)

Now....name suggestions? :S

Donna
June 10th, 2008, 11:37 AM

What an.. awesome idea!! More like our place, all filled with PokeSpe. (Haha this section of PC is too small >:D We need a bigger section~!)

Hmm a name eh? .. my mind is kinda blank.

minakichan
June 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM
._. is pokespe to simple?

pkmaster
June 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
but r we still having our conversations here. i mean we've been here for a while and all these options might seperate us all....( im not saying its a bad idea its still good.....) i dont say much but its good getting all this info and u no its worthwhile.
(note to u: im known to say random stuff sometimes:P :D )

pkmaster
July 14th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Theres a way around all of this. First all you have to do is put the scans on pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net, if a new one is released make an anouncement here to inform us of the release.

they could open pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net forums and post it there, and we would have to check on it.

or we could use th good old buddy system, which is a terrible way to pass it around since no one could get it.

also we could still have the release thread were when one comes out we have to post link me Please and the volume #.
well that website doesnt work no more....

(All scans will of course, be friends locked, so for those who do not want to join LJ or go under moderated membership, pkmntrans will always be up and running! )
the webstie doesnt work anymore

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
July 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I would totally dust off my LJ account for a PokeSpe Community. XD It's good to spread out our troops, just in case the Empire gets a wiff of our plans and tries to destroy it. You don't want to keep all your eggs in the same basket!

As for a name...um...Yeah, I got nothing. XD

Netto Azure
July 14th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I would totally dust off my LJ account for a PokeSpe Community. XD It's good to spread out our troops, just in case the Empire gets a wiff of our plans and tries to destroy it. You don't want to keep all your eggs in the same basket!

As for a name...um...Yeah, I got nothing. XD

"The Empire"....the online manga viewing websites still work.

Axelpunk
July 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
hey what´s the name of the community en LJ? or it doesn´t exist yet? or it will be another way of reading pokemon special?

seven_x
July 16th, 2008, 12:55 AM

As a member of LJ for a couple of years, I'd be totally interested. Plus, I've never seen complaints about scans on LJ before (check out the Naruto/Bleach comms), and really if you make the comm yourself, you make the rules. I'd definetely be in! You could do so much on an LJ community, and I know at least five-six people that are interested in PokeSpe already. That doesn't sound like much, I know, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. And those are just people I know personally, there's a lot more out there, if the use of icons means anything at least.

Hmm there's a thought. Well I dno, but in my opinion, it's always better to have more options available! Just incase you know, Merrick suddenly decides INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES hosting manga are threatening his wield over the fandom too >.<

Well not much he could do about that, right?

And is it me or IS the individual website actually down?

Serebii
July 16th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I've Quick Replied a number of replies that I found unfair so please forgive the block of quotes...

......does Serebii have some sort of control over things?

So...in other words, Merrick's a hypocrite.

basicaly he a is hypocrite and i dont know why people bother following him. i say PC should say STFU to Merrick

Joe Merrick = Serebii's real name.

So, I think you've heard about him after all.

Why was this such a big deal to him, anyway?

Yup, serebii forums is just noobish enough to allow art thieves to live. I know, my art was stolen there. And I left, fed up at the lousy control over art thieves.

Anyways, now that Coronis is gone (for a good cause), Serebii has only netkun to get PokéSpe info. I really hope that volume 29 comes out at July soon. Then maybe the Emerald conclusion will come to light.

I think Serebii is afraid of losing manga-wise to PC, now that the queen of his side of the PokéSpe chessboard is gone. The only reason I can think of why Serebii forums is popular is the manga section because no other site I know of has English PokéSpe info. He's probably trying to remove competition. To support my statement: Serebii didn't barge in until now, and definitely not before Coronis left. PC isn't his to dominate anyways, so he shouldn't play politics here.

well aside from the fact that serebii totally screwed us over, i still like going there for info. But never the forums, im not one to hang out in multiple forums. tried bulbapedia but eventually left.

Wow I'm surprised good ol' Joe isn't all over this yet. He has a knack of searching for his username "Serebii" just to find threads that talk about him and at least quell anything said against him.

Yeah... he runs a freaking Pokemon fansite. A fansite. And I guess to him, his site's monopoly on PokeSpecial info is more important than the happiness of fans.

But, I guess, he probably sees and cares about nothing but power.

As a member of LJ for a couple of years, I'd be totally interested. Plus, I've never seen complaints about scans on LJ before (check out the Naruto/Bleach comms), and really if you make the comm yourself, you make the rules. I'd definetely be in! You could do so much on an LJ community, and I know at least five-six people that are interested in PokeSpe already. That doesn't sound like much, I know, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. And those are just people I know personally, there's a lot more out there, if the use of icons means anything at least.

Well not much he could do about that, right?

And is it me or IS the individual website actually down?

I had nothing to with this. Nothing at all. I dont care if you have all the scans possible or if you have only one. It was a coincidence and it is really not fair for you to jump on me about this

If you think logically...if I did want you lot not to have scans, I would have done it while the Serebii.net manga section was in full-force and not after. Doing such a thing however, is not in-line with how I work. I wouldn't get a site shut down or anything of the sort, that sort of rumour is just perpetuated by those who do not like me. I would never do anything so underhanded.

You lot here have a really warped view of me and that is sad. Again I need to reiterate that I never had anything to do with this, to be brutally honest with you, until I was linked to a thread that nicoleb started a couple weeks ago that included bashing me for this, I was not aware that a) You had Full Scans being posted here and b) that Steve had decided to prevent further ones being posted and so how could I possibly have any idea about it. I'm not omnipresent on my forums and don't check the posts so how would I have seen Mileyangel's post or anything such as that.

The real person you should be asking about the reason for this is Steve. I'm going to speak to him and request he posts here detailling why so you guys can start seeing the truth

Thank you

~Serebii

KNIGHT_OF_ARCEUS
July 16th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I know where to get scans go to this link

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/363/pokemon_adventures/

they have up to volume 26 of pokemon special

Maxim
July 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I've Quick Replied a number of replies that I found unfair so please forgive the block of quotes...

I had nothing to with this. Nothing at all. I dont care if you have all the scans possible or if you have only one. It was a coincidence and it is really not fair for you to jump on me about this

If you think logically...if I did want you lot not to have scans, I would have done it while the Serebii.net manga section was in full-force and not after. Doing such a thing however, is not in-line with how I work. I wouldn't get a site shut down or anything of the sort, that sort of rumour is just perpetuated by those who do not like me. I would never do anything so underhanded.

You lot here have a really warped view of me and that is sad. Again I need to reiterate that I never had anything to do with this, to be brutally honest with you, until I was linked to a thread that nicoleb started a couple weeks ago that included bashing me for this, I was not aware that a) You had Full Scans being posted here and b) that Steve had decided to prevent further ones being posted and so how could I possibly have any idea about it. I'm not omnipresent on my forums and don't check the posts so how would I have seen Mileyangel's post or anything such as that.

The real person you should be asking about the reason for this is Steve. I'm going to speak to him and request he posts here detailling why so you guys can start seeing the truth

Thank you

~Serebii

Thanks for gravedigging. The Merrick-hate has already fallen here, but it will rise again now.

I don't believe in a single word from you. Maybe you didn't have anything to do with this case but when it comes to legal things, you are the biggest hypocrite on the earth.

Just leave us alone and let us make our scanning projects successful, as it is none of your bussiness.

Ah, before you leave. Could you ask Coronis whether or not he can sell his Manga Collection?

PS: I love the world "omnipresent". There are very few opportunities to say it.

Serebii
July 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM
It had not fallen because the last week I've had people asking me why I did this and so forth so it still continues

And I've spoken to Steve and I'm sure he'll rectify this for me but I am telling the truth

I'm also not a hypocrite either, especially in regards to legal things thanks

Oh and no Coronis' manga collection is not for sale, I can tell you that right now.

Rukario
July 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
seriously, SPP or it's owner Joe had nothing to do with any of the ILLEGAL download links being removed.

Its a TOS requirement from both our host and the Data Center that they get their servers from, as well as a normal, previously stated PC policy. (Read the rules.)

Stop bashing, flaming, etc other members/people unless you have all the facts and can prove they had something to do with anything.

Netto Azure
July 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
It just saddens me when fans of a franchise throw whatever at each other. If people are more united we would have true universal health-care here in the US....

pong08
July 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
yeah... let's just try to work things out..

NayrExoto
July 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
It as Dead on the thread until he posted that stuff. quite frankly i forgot about it until he posted. have you heard the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie"?

Serebii
July 16th, 2008, 01:41 PM
It as Dead on the thread until he posted that stuff. quite frankly i forgot about it until he posted. have you heard the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie"?
Again, I only posted it to end it as I had someone approach me regarding it earlier

Maxim
July 17th, 2008, 06:44 AM
It as Dead on the thread until he posted that stuff. quite frankly i forgot about it until he posted. have you heard the phrase "let dead dogs lie"?

Yeah, I did.

But the poor Joey just had to defend himself.

Okay, Merrick. This time you're innocent and totally okay with me... I could even open your fanclub but I have no reasons to do so.

If it was to your interest, I'm actually the same guy who questionned one of your friends' morality.

emeraldslay
July 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I did.

But the poor Joey just had to defend himself.

Okay, Merrick. This time you're innocent and totally okay with me... I could even open your fanclub but I have no reasons to do so.

If it was to your interest, I'm actually the same guy who questionned one of your friends' morality.

Why're you attacking him!? What evidence is there to suggest that he had ANYTHING to do with this!?

NayrExoto
July 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
just drop the subject and quit bringing it up.

Zero Avenged
July 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Well i found a website with Pokemon scans all the way up to Diamond and Pearl if you want the url pm me

Mileyangel
July 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I have a great idea....let's just stick to our respective forums and stop playing the blame game.

airconditioning
July 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Well i found a website with Pokemon scans all the way up to Diamond and Pearl if you want the url pm me

Why should we have to PM you? Do you, for some reason, hate people so much that you have to force them to mail you, instead of simply posting the URL here? Really.

emeraldslay
July 20th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Why should we have to PM you? Do you, for some reason, hate people so much that you have to force them to mail you, instead of simply posting the URL here? Really.

It's not an issue of hate, it's just obvious common sense. The clamping down on Pokemon Manga on this forum would mean that anyone with half a brain would refrain from blatantly posting links to illegal scans.

airconditioning
July 20th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Oh.

Well, that's still more effort than I'm willing to go through. >:(

emeraldslay
July 20th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Oh.

Well, that's still more effort than I'm willing to go through. >:(

Here. (http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/363/pokemon_adventures/)

You happy now? If this site goes down I'm blaming you ¬_¬

airconditioning
July 20th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Oh, that one. I already knew about that site. Now I'm disappointed. :(

emeraldslay
July 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM
Oh, that one. I already knew about that site. Now I'm disappointed. :(

If you already knew about the site that has all the manga, then why did you make a fuss in the first place!?

airconditioning
July 21st, 2008, 08:41 AM
No particular reason, really. :|

RubyJB88
July 21st, 2008, 02:29 PM
Wait what? That not even what the first guy was advertising about...*is confused*

pkmaster
July 25th, 2008, 05:24 AM
r we going to do live journel, ur website, or add hidden info..... wat r we going to do?!
D=

Snoaz
July 26th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I just wanna say... If everyone loves the manga so much, why don't you buy it? This way the writers get credit for their work, and perhaps the editors will see that there is actually a lot of interest in the English translation. I know it's pretty expensive, but it's totally worth the money. And it isn't illegal, so it won't be deleted - you can have it with you forever ^^
But anywayz it's great to see that so many people love the manga :D

Avegaille
July 26th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I just wanna say... If everyone loves the manga so much, why don't you buy it? This way the writers get credit for their work, and perhaps the editors will see that there is actually a lot of interest in the English translation. I know it's pretty expensive, but it's totally worth the money. And it isn't illegal, so it won't be deleted - you can have it with you forever ^^
But anywayz it's great to see that so many people love the manga :D

*points to link @ her sig*

Yeah, well, I also want to say that to them, but because I am realistic, and I know what's what, despite living in the Philippines... I know that people in the US usually have expensive stuff... lmao I don't know much much a manga book costs there, but one volume of Pokemon Adventures in here costs around $US 6.13 something (P270, if the US Dollar value gets higher, it might even go down to $ 4, So wtf @ Grimsg selling it for US$9.50) and Viz are a bunch of profit oriented jerks, hence why they won't want to work on something that doesn't profit them. =P

Plus importing costs so much, especially for someone who doesn't have access to a credit card, especially if you're going to buy only one book. That's why people stick to scans until the real thing starts selling in their country.

Lawl, I want the manga for AzuDai but we don't have it here... so I'm like, in the same situation as they are. XD

Mileyangel
July 26th, 2008, 06:04 AM
*sigh* I WOULD buy the manga if it was available in the US and I had a credit card.

lara lynx
July 26th, 2008, 07:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anywayz it's great to see that so many people love the manga

Because not all of us can buy it. Its not just an issue of the money, but for a lot of us it just isn't available. I live in England and I don't think I've ever seen any manga, let alone pokespecial sold here

Snoaz
July 26th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Because not all of us can buy it. Its not just an issue of the money, but for a lot of us it just isn't available. I live in England and I don't think I've ever seen any manga, let alone pokespecial sold here

I know it isn't in stores, but you can buy it online. You can find the English volumes on eBay and pay with Paypal. I've bought volumes 1-27 that way, and it's great :D

EDIT: and you don't need creditcard for that, as some seem to think. Very convenient.

benji
August 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
The guy who's hosting the PokeSpe website (http://pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net/) seems to be having hosting problems:

Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

Also, is it just me or did this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123089) survive? ._.

lostmymind
August 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM
^ I noticed that too. Luckily I've already read all the available ones, but I had them all saved on my computer till yesterday, literally an hour after I'd deleted them all I noticed the site was down, so annoyed with myself! >_< Has anyone contacted the guy hosting them?

seven_x
August 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
You happy now? If this site goes down I'm blaming you ¬_¬

Uh, considering what kind of site mangafox is, I think they could care less about stuff like people being whiny on the internet.

AlexGemeo
August 13th, 2008, 04:40 AM
EDIT: and you don't need creditcard for that, as some seem to think. Very convenient.

If you don't need a credit card, how do you pay the money then?