PDA

View Full Version : Why it is Unlikely that Ash and Misty will get together

Ali(mika_umbreon)
October 21st, 2003, 12:28 PM
Remember, I was high on sugar when I wrote this so don't flame me.

Q.In one episode Misty said she and Ash will be MARRIED!!!!!!! HAH!!!!!!!
A.If you remember correctly, Misty said "Someday we'll be married, too." Which means she meant they would be married INDIVIDUALLY, which is true.

Q.In Misty's song she says I love you Ash so HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A.Remember that that was made by a bunch of americans made that song and it is not official.

Q.In the Pokemon movie 2000 Misty said Ash is her boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A.Actually, melody said that and Misty denied it with fury.

Q. Well Misty Confessed in that Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A. Misty's line in P2K that's often considered by AAMLers as being her 'confession'- "Ash will never be alone because he'll always have me"- was just a dub invention. In the original she actually said something about him being a burden on her!

Q.WELL YOU DON'T PROVE ANYTHING YOU B***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A.Remember this is just my opinion, I don't want to start a flame war or anything.

ash_misty4ever
October 21st, 2003, 01:17 PM
uhhh what u just said as in (Q) proves aaml!

Sapphire
October 21st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Remember, I was high on sugar cubes when I wrote this so don't flame me.

Q.In one episode Misty said she and Ash will be MARRIED!!!!!!! HAH!!!!
A.If you remember correctly, Misty said "Someday we'll be married, too." Which means she meant they would be married INDIVIDUALLY, which is true.

A.Remember that that was made by a bunch of americans made that song and it is not official.

Q.In the Pokemon movie 2000 Misty said Ash is her boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.Remember this is just my opinion, I don't want to start a flame war or anything.

Yes, But remember, Pokemon's made in Japan, and America Dubbed some things that just...went i guess, originally misty only liked ash as the brotehr sister kinda thingy.

ashley03
October 21st, 2003, 06:24 PM
Remember, I was high on sugar cubes when I wrote this so don't flame me.

Q.In one episode Misty said she and Ash will be MARRIED!!!!!!! HAH!!!!

ashley03~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i heared that misty and ash were crazy for eachother!!!!misty only said that to melody just because she had a soft spot for him in her heart!!!

chow, ashley03

Ali(mika_umbreon)
October 21st, 2003, 11:48 PM
That's nice. Now can you prove it?

Cayenne's Legend
October 23rd, 2003, 01:10 AM
That's nice. Now can you prove it?

Well,CAN YOU PROVE IT??

That's what i'm talking about!! :cheeky:

I'ts YOUR opinion against Many,( and I repeat MANY ) AAML shippers,and as far as I can see,there are much more reasons to believe that AAML exist,then that it does'nt exist...

We shall see....

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 23rd, 2003, 04:31 AM
It's practically impossible that the two would get together now, but Mika, I think you talk about Ash and Misty's Love too much.

Cayenne's Legend
October 23rd, 2003, 07:39 AM
It's practically impossible that the two would get together now, but Mika, I think you talk about Ash and Misty's Love too much.

I'm talking about the future,not that they will be together now!!

*Shining*Wynaut*
October 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM
I'm talking about the future,not that they will be together now!!

How about that ep. when ash is at the silver conference and that girl falls in love with ash. Misty gets really mad and when the girl asks if misty in ash's gf, misty stutters over hr words, blushes and comes up with a lame excuse that she is his coach..hah

Mr. Saturn
October 28th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Pokmon cartoon is made for kids.*

I really doubt we'll see a romantic element.

*That doesn't mean I don't watch it XD

Geodude
October 28th, 2003, 01:44 PM
It could still happen. Check out this series of screenshots for example:

Here's the scenario:
Misty has received a letter that sounds rather threatening, telling her to meet someone by the lighthouse. She goes, with Casey (and Casey's Meganium) as backup in case things get unpleasant. At the appointed time, a boy arrives. After a confrontation in which Casey is rather rude, he manages to clear up the misunderstanding. He hadn't meant a threat; much to the contrary, he wanted to ask Misty on a date.

http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/boyfriend.jpg

Credit to Murgatroyd of Bulbagarden.com (http://64.191.32.50/~bulbagar/bmgf/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=117) for the shots, captions and above description.

Marisa
October 28th, 2003, 02:53 PM
So Misty likes Ash. We've already established that.

But can you prove that Ash likes Misty?

Ash is ten years old, much to young for his hormones to start going nuts. He thinks of Misty (at first) as annoying, and then she becomes one of his best friends. When Ash gets to "that age", he'll have known Misty too long for him to think of her like a girlfriend-- dating childhood friends is often extremely awkward. ^^

However, Ash is a bit older when he meets May... we'll have to see how *that* plays out =3

EDIT: By the way, I'm not denying anything. It's possible for Ash to develop a crush on Misty as he enters puberty, I just think it's unlikely.

invinible
October 28th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Why does everybody keep forgetting the main reason Misty stuck to Ash like glue?

This reason is that Ash owned Misty a bike.

Frostweaver
October 28th, 2003, 04:49 PM
the bike reason is very not likely...

now just because Psyduck snickers "knowingly" does that point out "You love Satoshi, Kasumi. Admit it!" Let's not make assumptions... it proves that Misty does have a crush, but i wonder who... during the time of Misty in the gym alone who knows who she met in battle?

Never assume things too much... if i assume that if i J-walked across the road and the cars will stop for me either way... wow that's one big mistake in terms of assumption.

Rift
October 29th, 2003, 02:43 PM
In "Gotta Catch Ya Later" doesnt Misty say that she didnt care about the bike, she just wanted to make some friends? or something like that!

Eiris
October 29th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Um, has anyone thought perhaps she's really interested in Brock?

(chirp, chirp)

Well, it was just a suggestion...
I happen to think that Misty probably started out interested in Brock and then saw something (note: 'saw something,' not, 'fell madly and obsessively in love with'...) in Ash. Who knows what... I actually sort of think they might get together now, the way the series has developed (that's what I love about Pokmon... it's believable in its own way), but I hope it won't be during the course of the series. Watching TR groping one another in panic makes me uncomfortable enough.

(I mean, a guy that cooks, cleans and sings... what girl wouldn't be interested?)

AZSupraT
October 31st, 2003, 08:00 AM
Here is an idea: Its a kids cartoon and romance is out of the question...

Lady Dragonrider
November 2nd, 2003, 08:55 AM
What about the episode where AshCo try to give what's-his-face the courage to propose? Or the Emily and Ralph episode? Or the upcoming Advanced Generation episode with Romeo and Julie and their Volbeat and Illumise? Or the many women Brock has swooned over? Or Temaku? Yes, romance is possible between two characters as long as it doesn't divert from the main focus of the show - a boy's journey to accomplish his dreams. AAML/ Pokeshipping will never be disproven unless Ash or Misty confesses (not just show hints towards) his/ her love to someone else.

Cherrim
November 3rd, 2003, 05:52 PM
Actually... the CDs are official Pokemon Merchandise, so they are considered official. ^_^;; Just because they don't pertain to the original Japanese version does not mean they aren't credible. Besides, from my understanding, all these hints seem to come from the dubbed version anyway. o_o

Yami
November 3rd, 2003, 06:40 PM
I have in my possesion the NOM Official Pokemon Master Guide 2000 and they did a interview with the americian dub artists and the anime's creator. They said and i quote "There is something going on between Ash and Misty, so you will see a bit more in Pokemon 2k". Aswell as them saying this "The japs arn't to hot about romance in pokemon but it's deffinitly there". So what do you think of that? hmm?

(please forgive any spelling and grammer errors)

invinible
November 4th, 2003, 05:20 PM
In "Gotta Catch Ya Later" doesnt Misty say that she didnt care about the bike, she just wanted to make some friends? or something like that!

Hey, wasn't that the episode where she left Ash's crew according to your guys' information? And wasn't the episode where she join Ash's crew, the episode where Pikachu fried her bike?

Cherrim
November 4th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Yeah... pretty much. But after travelling with someone who basically becomes your best friend (or more?) over the span of several years (although they don't age in the dub XD), you would probably forgive them for something like that.

Ali(mika_umbreon)
November 4th, 2003, 08:51 PM
To tell the truth, I thought that Ash& Misty had something at first, but thier little 'romantic spark' dies out, especially after misty leaving, coming back, and leaving again. Long distance relationships never work out. I'm kinda leaning to palletshippy now.

Lady Dragonrider
November 6th, 2003, 02:56 PM
I've officially decided that I'm no longer a pokeshipper, but I still want Misty to come back. And I don't want Advancedshipping to happen. Ash can have any other girl his age on the show, but please let him not end up with May. He could have Melody. Or Duplica. Or even Latias. But please Ash not May. I just get tired of people comparing Misty to her and saying how much better she is and all that total *can't say on these messageboards*. If Misty would just come back, then maybe I would be able to tolerate that...girl.

Ali(mika_umbreon)
November 10th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I have in my possesion the NOM Official Pokemon Master Guide 2000 and they did a interview with the americian dub artists and the anime's creator. They said and i quote "There is something going on between Ash and Misty, so you will see a bit more in Pokemon 2k". Aswell as them saying this "The japs arn't to hot about romance in pokemon but it's deffinitly there". So what do you think of that? hmm?

(please forgive any spelling and grammer errors)
Ok, can I have a scan of where it says that?

Cayenne's Legend
November 11th, 2003, 05:48 AM
me too!!! Me too!!!

I love to read it!!

abhishekroy
November 17th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Because Zach will kill them all with a singal swing of his sword.

Iveechan
November 17th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Why do people always think that whenever there are opposite sex characters, they have to be attracted to eachother somehow? I mean, it's so clich. this is Pokemon, not a freakin' disney movie. I already said why I dislike shipping in another thread.

And about that guy questioning Misty on if she had any other crushes... maybe she's just real uncomfortable discussing that sort of topic. I know I am. Or not. We'll never know...

punkie90
November 18th, 2003, 04:30 AM
true, but u know how a lot of couples hate each other before they are in love!

Ali(mika_umbreon)
November 18th, 2003, 08:26 AM
true, but u know how a lot of couples hate each other before they are in love!
*nods* Like Ash and Gary!

TTYO
October 5th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Ash will not end up with Misty for one good reason for my viewpt. Misty is so much older than Ash. Usually a older women and a younger man will not end up happy. Like my aunt(40) who ended divorcing my Uncle Brian(30).

To quote Punkie

In my fic Pokemon Beyond, Ash was a Wild Force member and a junior female colleague whom he hates for messing up missions. She also hated Ash too. (She's Maxie's daughter) They became a couple later on became his girlfriend. Psst. she's 16 and Ash at that time was 18 already

Maxie: Team Magma leader

AdamHays
October 5th, 2004, 08:41 PM
I think they wont get together mainly cause its for young kids,and they dont want to promote that.but if it were like an old kids show then i think they would have been together already.

Elite Trainer Raven
October 5th, 2004, 09:17 PM
....Way to rise a year old dead topic. o_O

Geodude
October 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Ash will not end up with Misty for one good reason for my viewpt. Misty is so much older than Ash.

There is absolutely no evidence from the anime to back that up whatsoever.

Timbjerr
October 6th, 2004, 02:37 AM
two things...

1) do not revive old topics, make a new one

2) whe nyou do make the new one, put it in the Pokemon TV show/Movies forum.

--> CLOSED <--