PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

Team Poison
May 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
There are rumors that there is going to be a full blown RPG for the Wii if so would it be cool and what would the features be.

Jack_Maddocks
May 20th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Are there any links to a site with the info?

Tré
May 20th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Are there any links to a site with the info?
that's why it's called a rumor....i think....this will be good and awsome if it is true

Jack_Maddocks
May 20th, 2008, 03:01 AM
that's why it's called a rumor....i think....this will be good and awsome if it is true

Theres no such thing as a word-word rumor these days. Some unofficial website posts info yet to be confirmed. this is how the rumour is spread.

Tré
May 20th, 2008, 04:17 AM
yah yah your right..but rumors a romur maybe true or false...
anyways... i'm thinkin' of the game...hmmm..aha!!nah..i think it will be a bad idea..

Willock
May 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
yah yah your right..but rumors a romur maybe true or false...
anyways... i'm thinkin' of the game...hmmm..aha!!nah..i think it will be a bad idea..
Yeah, really, pokemon RPG's are meant to be on handhelds, after all, you can't take your wii to the beach (e.t.c), can you?
Although the capibility for wifi would be good...
BTW where did you hear this rumor?
or did you make it up 0_o

Team Poison
May 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM
It is all over the web since October 2007 just go to either Google or Yahoo and search "Pokémon RGG Wii Rumor" and enjoy.

D-puff
May 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
i kinda hope they dont make one, really. Sure, it would be cool, but it wouldnt feel like a pokemon game. the point of pokemon games are so you can bring it on the go and battle/trade with friends that also own the game. It wouldnt have the same nostalgic feel you get from playing a pokemon game. I think they took that feel away enough trying to add minor 3d to d/p.

BakingBluePotatoe
May 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I rather liked the 2.5D feel of DP (after about 2 days)

but 3D... no. I don't think that would feel "right"

0lid0
May 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
man, that would suck worse than pokemon mystery dungeon!!!!! lol
seriously though, they should keep the rpg's limited to ds/gb/gba
they would try and make it look 3d and it would ruin the feel of pokemon :)

snoopandsnizzle
May 20th, 2008, 10:45 PM
they would try and make it look 3d and it would ruin the feel of pokemon

...Riiigghht. So, what does that make Colosseum and XD then, hm? For they were RPG's in every sense of the word, and aren't counted a spin-offs either.
And HOW the heck would 3D Pokemon ruin the 'feel' of it? Please explain. Heck, I've heard more often then not about others expressing their wish for such a thing, and for 3d sprites on the handhelds...

Secondly - rumours? Not much point discussing the such unless a relevant sort or evidence shows the chances of it happening. I can tell the story of the RPG coming out tomorrow which I heard from a friend who heard it form his best friends' enemy's freiend's uncle's dog, and it's a rumour.

My two cents - there probably would be an RPG for the Wii, as there were two for the Gamecube. Probably the same company will be making those (also the same one which made PBR) - they've been keeping quiet and already have all the moves to use (and reused some music as well, remixed from Colo and XD), and seem to have been handed the responibilitys of Pokemon games on these sort of consoles. Besides, it'd make them money. Heck, maybe it'll be another Shadow Poke game (and if so, Miror B better be there...).

wakachamo
May 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Not gonna happen for quite a while in my opinion. Battle Revolution has yet to completely quench the thirst of 3D-hungry battlers.

*Firestar*
May 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Nah. That would not be a very good idea because it is only really meant for DS/GB/GBA, Wiith the exception of XD and Colloseum.

Saviour_Gundam
May 24th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Assuming they DO make a MMORPG of Pokemon on Wii-ware (Where I was under the impression it would be made for it, which would make sense, if you don't have WiFi you can't download the game thus your not stuck paying 20-30 for a game you can't play).
Here are some early theories:
- Based on your console's registered location, or wherever the internet has you registered, depends on where in the world of the game (Kanto/Jhoto/Hoenn/Sinnoh I can't say they'll be in it, but I can't say they will either) And depends on your starter Pokemon.
- I PRAY that the Pokemon you raise on the game can be transfered to your DS and back, which would be one way of obtaining Celebi, ALSO a good way to distribute Azure Flutes (I can dream).
- They would most likely make it PBR graphics when you battle.

This is all I can think of at the moment

DavyJones4our
May 24th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I would really like a Pokemon MMORPG but we all know Nintendo won't go for it, they're far too over-protective.

Cid
May 24th, 2008, 12:24 AM
This sounds nice, though I'm not sure that it would be a true-Pokemon RPG, since true-Pokemon RPGs are usually in handhelds and not on consoles.
Sounds interesting, though.

Saviour_Gundam
May 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Well if you read Yahtzee's (Zero Punctuation) reviews regarding Nintendo Games you'll remember he refers to Nintendo as "yanking on old franchises" if they think it'll lead to $$$$ they'll do it, same goes for Sony and Microsoft

Feuer
May 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Yes would be awesome but unlikely. If they made a game like XD and Collosseum which had a storyline as well as battling it would be cool. PBR was good for Electivire and Magmortar but otherwise it wasn't that great. A full blown RPG is unlikely but maybe a game with a storyline and MINI-GAMES.

Hypntick
May 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
There are so many possibilities that would be interesting. Personally I think a "class" system would be neat, could be a trainer, ranger, breeder, professor etc. Would open up a lot of ways to play other than the standard "catch, get badges, beat elite 4, repeat" kinda thing

Abra_kadabra
June 5th, 2008, 01:42 PM
humm.. i'm not too sure it's true or a good idea... it would take forever to make...

eeveechan
June 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
it would be realy cool if the did make one!!!!!!

xiraiya
June 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
If any Pokemon RPG is going to be on Wii then it needs to be in a similar play style to the handheld games, that and it would have to be an MMORPG with access to all regions, otherwise it just wouldn't be worth it.

Simmian7
July 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
if they do make it... being that it's on a Wii... you should have the option to choose from the 6 pokemon you travel with...and then get the chance to throw the pokeball...!!! like in the show...

mercuryenigma
July 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
A MMORPG would be amazing! Probably never happen though...if it did, All Pokemon fans would be in game heaven! The idea about different classes would be good. But I believe that they will make another game like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness. I liked the Orre Region, best games ever IMO. I hope they make another but with better shadow special moves (old ones were like helping hand, charm, etc.)

ScyKinG
July 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
I would really like a Pokemon MMORPG but we all know Nintendo won't go for it, they're far too over-protective.

Yea same =/ that would be amazing. But on topic I think an RPG for the Wii might be a bad idea... especially if you had to control the player with a wii mote

AdvanceMapper
July 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Also, I have found a site where Team Poision may have found it at.

www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&nesid=22029

t3hjolteon
July 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
If they make a pokemon RPG for the Wii, they need to speed up the battling system. Seriously, it takes about a minute just to watch pokemon use their moves. And with double battles, that was extremely annoying. I liked the plot of Colosseum and XD, but the games moved way too slowly. Anyway, until news about this gets posted on Bulbapedia, Serebii, or another reputable news site, this won't receive credence from me.

Lycoris
July 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
This is my dream game. I play it through my head like every week.

It would have the graphics of battle rev. With the general mechanics of xd and colo.

You would start in your home town and go to meet the professor. You can see everything in front and side of you. When you see a sparkle in the grass you walk over and pick it up for an item. You can see the Pokemon running around, and you run up to them for a battle. Instead of a huge circle it would just be in that spot but is still turn based. Argh, this would entertain me for hours.

SmashGood
July 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I did find XD fun, more I think for the characters they had come up with. I have no idea if I would want the RPG of a Wii version though. An MMORPG would be hot, where you could interact throughout your game with other players if you are connected.

Lycoris
July 5th, 2008, 06:31 PM
But with an mmorpg you have immature little kids everywhere with l33t pokemons, and majority of the people playing it are going to be Asian, mostly Japanese, which means there prob won't be that much conversation as a lot of Japanese people do not know English. And there's a lot of kids in Europe as well that do not speak English but like pokemon. It's not a prob with most mmos but when it's Pokemon, one of the best selling games in the world..

Also, there would be massive lag, even if you had 10 servers, it would be a big playground mess.

Ripper
July 6th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I can't see them doing it.

They could've made DP fully 3D (sort of) like Ranger but they chose to keep it similar to the past games. There is a reason for this.

liam.sherif
July 6th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I think if they made an rpg for the wii they need to sort out the pace of everything if the battles are going to be like battle revo.
For example, whenever you send out a pokemon or the pokemon does a move they do a silly dance/movement which seems to take an age compared to the handheld games.
If a battle happened exactly the same on the handheld as it did on the wii it would take a fraction of the time. Thats the main concern for me.
Also I wish you could choose a fixed camera angle; like if you had a few to choose from, one being the same view as on the hand held games.

eleven
July 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Lets hope this "rumor" comes to be, because I've been waiting for something like this for years.

One thing that I think would spruce up the game (this may seem stupid to some of you) but when you send out a Pokemon to battle, it would turn into a Super Smash Bros type of scenario with you taking full control of your Pokemon. I just think battle's would be more interesting that way.

SS7292
July 8th, 2008, 09:00 AM
i think the idea would be pretty sweet. it can be like colosseum and xd only with tall grass or caves for wild pkmn. wut id really like to see tho is a pokemon game where you can actually control the pokemon, not just a turn based game.

Marshmallow
July 11th, 2008, 01:05 PM
woah. Hope it's true. :rambo:

Rogue Shadow
July 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
i hope its true too. They reallly need a good one.

DialgaDiamond
July 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
That's INSANE! Team Poison, did you see the rumour on the internet?

gaz-is-the-best
July 13th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Sounds like quite alot of fun. I enjoyed XD and colosseum so this could be really good if they don't screw it up (im looking at you battle revolution)

Spenny
July 13th, 2008, 07:04 PM
That would be the dirty dank.

fluffy
July 14th, 2008, 05:34 AM
ya i think it would b good if nintendo extended the life of pokemon into wii cuz u cant have like 20 games of pokemon only on ds and i dont think theyd go bak and i dont think theyd make anotha handheld i hope they make it in like '10

jmacz008
July 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I havn't even started and I alrady know this is going to be long.

First of all...this wouldnt ruin the feel of Pokemon, they would still have the gameboy games, they wouldnt go exticnt, its justa variety on the game.

I have played pokemon since the day blue/red came out, and ever since those days back when I was 10 I have always dreamed of a game like this. When I was probably 10 or 11 when Pokemon Stadium came out. When I heard about it me and all my friends thought it was going to be a 3D game...I was very disapointed. I personally think it would be great for nintendo, they need something new on the block besides the same old Mario and Zelda (as great as they are) if they really wanna stick it to Sony and Microsoft. Just imagine....

You create your own trainer, clothes, color of skin, age, gender, all the good stuff in character creators. You get a Rival, you can create and name him or just take a random one. Then you start off in some town in Kanto, and instead of choosing one of the three normal starters, you pick any (non-legend, and not too powerull) pokemon out of the original 151. I say this because in the show everyone starts with something different not everyone has a bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle. But if you want them you can. Your rival also gets some random Pokemon. Then you set off on your journey. Pokemon are seen running around and you can either go up and battle them, or some will be aggrisive enough to attack you. Any Pokemon can be caught just about anywhere. Even pokemon that could not be caught in the wild in previous games like the 3 starters. Battling should not be turn based and like someone else said like super smash bros, were you have full controll over your pokemon and they can learn MORE THEN FOUR MOVES! Really how many moves does pikachu use...thunderbolt, thunder, agility, volt tackle, quick attack, Iron tail. Once you win all 8 kanto bages, you go to the Pokemon league and do that tournament to see how you do.

After every succesfull region complete (and sometimes in the middle) you get your chances at ledgend pokemon. But once you catch them they can only be used in say out of gym battles and online play...it will make the game alot harder.

When your all done with everything in Kanto, you go to Johto, and have the choice to keep the party you have now, or scrap everyone but your original startet and catch this regions pokemon. If you dont scrap them the Gym leaders and trainer's you face will have higher level pokemon.

This trend continues untill you collect all of the 32 available badges and thus beat the game. This game might be a little for one game disk to handle, so we might have to go final fantasy on us and make it a 3 disk thing. I would personally pay more then 50$ if a game like this came out.

Ohh and sorry for the length :embarrass

darkshiek
July 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I think that if they make an RPG for Wii, then it should be an MMO, sorta like WoW (World of Warcraft). You start out, and get abilites, which would be your pokemon, or they could be the equivalent of a Pet in WoW. Which would mean, you have one trainer action bar, then on above it, is a seperate bar that has all the moves your pokemon knows.

Neko
July 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
If there were to be a Pokemon rpg game for the Wii it shouldn't be turn-based like jmacz008 had mentioned before. It'd be sooo boring and take so long to finish a battle. God look at Pokmon Colesseum as an example! The battles....so...BORING! Ack *death*

See, I think the perfect fighting style, imo, would be either something along the lines of FFXII (I haven't played that game for a while, but I think I've played it long enough to know what the fighting styles are) or maybe something like Brawl where you walk around and each button is a different move, etc.

-Neko

Roy G. Biv
July 18th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Well, they certainly didn't announce it at E3!

Then again they didn't announce anything worthwhile at E3...

Dukey
July 18th, 2008, 03:01 PM
it shouldn't be turn based I agree, but when u use attacks it is faster and alot stronger than usual, so the battles are way shorter, oh and u can run from battles still

snoopandsnizzle
July 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Well, they certainly didn't announce it at E3!

Then again they didn't announce anything worthwhile at E3...

*cough Pikmin 3 anyone?* ;) But besides that, not much else... a Pokemon spin-off sequel, and AC. Nintendo aren't going to give out info on EVERY game they release, and also would try to reap out max sales from each game by spacing out their release, same for Pokemon. Now it's Platinumj, and soon Poke Ranger as a spinoff game. Then later on something else big.

Well, a non-turn based version of Pokemon would be interesting, and have potential, but how feasible is it? Brawl, admittedly has a million and one things here and there, but not much space left at all. And how many fighters are there?

And Pokemon has close to 500. All the moves as well. Hmm. I'm not sure of the limitations and all, but to me it doesn't seem promising in terms of memory. And people ain't going to want 2-D sprtes for Pokemon for such a game.

If there were to be a Pokemon rpg game for the Wii it shouldn't be turn-based like jmacz008 had mentioned before. It'd be sooo boring and take so long to finish a battle. God look at Pokmon Colesseum as an example! The battles....so...BORING! Ack *death*
Anti-Pokemon Colosseum examples are frowned on by me. ;) But admitedly, yes, battles in Colosseum did take time. But aren't they now faster in PBR? And I'm sure they could cut it done even further... or maybe have the same thing in the handheld games in that you can switch off the animations? Hmm...

And honestly, I don't know if they would want to go and change Pokemon's turn-based history, that has been used in all major game - other ideas saved for spin-offs. It's made them a lot of money thus far, and all they've done is rinse and repeat a formula. Don't see them changing that, but whole knows. But IMO if there is another RPG for the Wii, (which I think likely), then Genius Sorinity, makers of Colosseum, XD and PBR, would be the more than likely candidates to make the next game. Maybe they are already working on it now?

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'm expecting it to be Either the Ore region, or another region very similar. the console RPGs were both Based in Ore, so I could see the new Wii game being either in Ore, or connected to it.

Everyone wants a pokemon game that lets you visit every region, pick where you start, how you look, etcetera, but the plausibility of it is low. a game like that would take a lot of work and several years to make.

Crotina
July 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
that'd be AWESOME!

Guitar God in Training
July 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM
There's no RPG being developed at the moment as far as anyone knows. Nintendo usually hints at things like this. for example, Nintendo have already revealed that they are making a new Mario game for Wii and two new Zelda games for Wii and DS.

I hope they do make a full RPG in 3D, it really bugged me that XD only had 9 wild pokemon.
It would be awesome if they made a full RPG including gyms, a league and a battle frontier, but also included references to shadow pokemon in the plot.

I just hope we never have to capture shadow pokemon again. They annoy the hell out of me, every attack is super effective and you have to spend ages purifying them to even use them. Then you realise they have a terrible nature. Like my adamant Spheal and jolly Lugia.

Everyone wants a pokemon game that lets you visit every region, pick where you start, how you look, etcetera, but the plausibility of it is low. a game like that would take a lot of work and several years to make.

It wouldn't be that difficult, they already have the coding for the main gameplay mechanics from all the other Pokemon games and the code to change your appearance from Battle Revolution. They could modify the engine that Colosseum and XD used with the battle engine frm Battle Revolution.

We will probably never get a game with every region though, just one or maybe two if we're lucky. We will at least never get a fully 3D game with multiple regions as it would take up too much space on the disc.

Maybe Nintendo should consider making a 2D pokemon RPG for the wii and use the extra disc space to put all the existing regions in the game, and add new ones too.

Nishrocks
July 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hopefully, it'll be in the vein of XD, but without Shadow Pokemon. The theme and idea was good, as well as the implementation. The Shadow Pokemon won't really fit in a full-blown RPG, they're wearing thin...

Kovu
July 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
This does seem like a good idea. Hopefully they go through with it.

MudMast
July 21st, 2008, 01:22 PM
oh, i hope that it is a pokemon ranger game, to use full advantage of the Wiimote, or even the Wiichuck.

as, you can make rings as large as you're arms will make then :D

ryushin5
July 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM
i think i found some links to the rumor
http://www.pokefarm.com/pokemon-rpg-coming-to-wii.html

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=6557

L is Real 2041
July 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
I don't think that a Pokemon RPG is that great of an idea. Kinda lame. :/

snoopandsnizzle
July 21st, 2008, 11:22 PM
i think i found some links to the rumor

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=6557
Two of those links seem to be the same...

Besides- doesn't seem to have anything clear-cut just yet - more like 'it *may* happen, but we ain't really denying or confirming anything', like what they said for a GS remake. Just more of the same stuff. And this thread started befor E3, where these rumours came from. (and a lot more rumours came from E3 as well).
Unless for the last link where there's another one within showing the interview... unfortunatle it is in another language. Doh.

I wouldn't make anything of them yet, until a MAJOR source, like Coro Coro magazine or Serebii.net say anything. Or Nintendo does first. I don't think it would happen anytime soon though - for now they would be trying to garner as many sales from Platinum.

Alex_Of_Sadrea
July 22nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
If they made one for the Wii, I think that'd be awesome. Like, I have Diamond and I have the Wii's Pokemon Battle Revolution, but it's not really the same as a full-blown RPG on something other than a handheld system.

What did you guys think? 'Cause I can't really see what's wrong with it... The controls are basically the same. And imagine the graphics? The pixel-art is adorable, but if they could make actual 3D graphics for the settings and battles, I would be in awe.

Feuer
July 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM
man, that would suck worse than pokemon mystery dungeon!!!!! lol
they would try and make it look 3d and it would ruin the feel of pokemon :)

wait. wouldn't Pokemon already be 3.5D. There are 5 dimensions. I'll list them all.
1. Length
2. Width
3. Depth
4. Time
5. Life-After-Death (for those who believe in it).

Pokemon covers Length, Width, Time and a bit of Depth.

Anyways, back-on-topic. RPG's have already been made on GC but to make a full blown out one would be awesome. Get rid of the mission's and colloseums and put proper Gyms and an E4 system with all pokemon and stuff. Wouldn't be bad but meh, a bit too early for one. It isn't really that necessary at the moment.

ShadowFalls
July 25th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I have been waiting for them to get on top of making something like this. Not saying it would be easy, but it seems like something that could be done and done well. A step up from what it is would be pretty impressive to say the least.

Would be great honestly if they came out with MMORPG involving Pokemon. The possibilities are endless, and it would provide a much more interesting experience when you can travel the Pokemon world and be battling with actual people you come across. Your character could go around being a trainer, perhaps a breeder, or do the contests, or a combination.

Kung Fu Quagsire!
July 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
It would be a cool idea, but I doubt it'll happen. It just wouldn't... feel right. It might work, but I doubt that these rumors are true.

damion
July 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
you know there will be a new wii version out but everyone wants a rgp which is a bad idea
the home versions are used for the big screen battles

yes GC had two rgp types but they were short (to me anyway)

i used the two games for the arenas

B/r/y = stadium I

g/s/c = Stadium II

R/s = Colloseeum

E/LG/Fr = XD

D/P = PBr

you get the point

snoopandsnizzle
July 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM
you know there will be a new wii version out but everyone wants a rgp which is a bad idea
the home versions are used for the big screen battles

yes GC had two rgp types but they were short (to me anyway)

i used the two games for the arenas

B/r/y = stadium I

g/s/c = Stadium II

R/s = Colloseeum

E/LG/Fr = XD

D/P = PBr

you get the point
Why is an RPG a bad idea? Because... the previous two were too short? Why does that mean another one would also be too short?
And past correlations (which I'm not sure on how close together these games were released with each other) don't stand for too much anyway. Same reason why FR/LG doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a GS remake.
And as Platinum is coming out, there's always the possibility that, going by your list, a game could be made after it anyway.

Stronkadonk
July 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I doubt it, but I can see some sort of ranger variant for the wii...

ShadowFalls
July 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I doubt it, but I can see some sort of ranger variant for the wii...

You know, with the way the Wii control operates, that really is not an insane idea at all.

Pkmn Trainer Kona-chan
July 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM
This is probably going to sound a bit corny, but how cool would it be to use your Wiimote to throw a PokeBall? :P

Zodiax
July 29th, 2008, 03:40 AM
So did the rumors say wen it is going to be released? i wana know.

Yoshimi
July 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Meh, i never got around to using the wii for pokemon.
its probably a bad idea because it would be pretty hard to control your character with the wiimote unless you use it sideways like in S.S.B.B.
its not that great of an idea, but hey. at least its another pokemon game.
as long as its not a remake on the wii,i would probably buy it(as the huge pokemon fan i am).
I just pray they don't make it like PBR again, because the shadow series was great.

Freddie24
August 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
when you say full blown rpg do you mean like one of the handheld games except on the wii? becuase that would be amazing, they could have 3d graphics and it would be awesome. that's why coluseum was stupid, because it was just battling mostly. I don't know it's been a long time since i played it. but they need to make one that's just like a real pokemon game except on the wii. o, and it would be totally awesome if you used the wiimote to throw a pokeball even if that was teh only motion in the entire game.

Zennerick
August 4th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I'm expecting it to be Either the Ore region, or another region very similar. the console RPGs were both Based in Ore, [S-HIGHLIGHT]so I could see the new Wii game being either in Ore, or connected to it.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Actually, since all the areas of the Pokemon RPG games are based on
real areas in Japan there are quite a few places left to base newer Pokemon regions on according to this picture:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3341/526pxpokmonregionsmd9.th.png (http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=526pxpokmonregionsmd9.png)

Japan consists of:

Large islands- 4 (Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, Shikoku) These are also the four main islands in Japan.

Small islands- There are over [S-HIGHLIGHT]3,000 smaller islands[/S-HIGHLIGHT] that make up Japan*.

*The picture above does not contain all 3,000+ smaller islands of Japan.

snoopandsnizzle
August 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Actually, since all the areas of the Pokemon RPG games are based on
real areas in Japan there are quite a few places left to base newer Pokemon regions on according to this picture:
Funnily enough, Orre is the execption, in fact. (Unless you don't count Colosseum and XD as RPGs which would be wrong, or only meant the handheld games).

Orre is based on the state of Arizona in the US. Look it up on Wikipedia or better Bulbapedia which shows pretty well what is based on what regarding Orre and all, is an interesting tidbit. :)

xLIVENUDESx
August 5th, 2008, 05:27 AM
What would it even be like?

Would it be a 3-D version of Red/Blue?

Zennerick
August 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Funnily enough, Orre is the execption, in fact. (Unless you don't count Colosseum and XD as RPGs which would be wrong, or only meant the handheld games).

Orre is based on the state of Arizona in the US. Look it up on Wikipedia or better Bulbapedia which shows pretty well what is based on what regarding Orre and all, is an interesting tidbit. :)

Ohhh.. Didn't know that. Interesting... I'll look it up.

Edit: I pretty sure it's not based on Arizona, It's most likely refering to an area much-like Orre with lots of minerals; such of an example would be Arizona.

In addition, the region and towns are named after minerals, and Arizona is known for its mining industry.
They are probably saying that the minerals in Orre were named after minerals in Arizona.

Semblance
August 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
So did the rumors say wen it is going to be released? i wana know.
There has been no official announcement or anything, just rumors on the internet.

iRawr-x
August 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well, If this were true I would imagine it with 3D Battle scenes and 3D scenes. XD

Skychi
August 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
There are rumors that there is going to be a full blown RPG for the Wii if so would it be cool and what would the features be.

You don't just pop out of nowhere and say "OH ME THINKZ DAT DERE IS NEW POKEMANZ GAME 4 WII!!!!!111!!!1ONEONE!" without any proof...

Pointless thread. Just another n00b starting a stupid rumor with nothing except one sentence.

Emerald Yoshi
August 5th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Maybe some new Pokemon, customize your trainer, and visit all regions ^_^

Flash11
August 7th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I don't think there will be one, but if there were it'd be cool if it was like Colosseum, but without the shadow pokemon

Mr. Pokemon
August 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
a bit too early for one. It isn't really that necessary at the moment.
It's been 12 years. :\ I think it's time for a real console RPG.

Xebelleon
August 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I don't think there will be one, but if there were it'd be cool if it was like Colosseum, but without the shadow pokemon

And drop the mained Double Battles, please.
-- -- --
A Poke Ball shaped Wii "remote" would be cool. Another fishing mini-game would not be cool. Unless done differently. Cel shaded graphics would be appropriate, given the anime art style. As for city size, I pray that they remain smallish. GTA sized city environments would be terrible. I also think it would be awesome if there was one of those "trip skip" features for HM Fly. Also, actually being able to control the field move FLY would be an awesome "extra" feature. As would be hobbies/jobs like the occasional photo shoot. And maybe opposing in-game trainers could actually wield a "shiny" Pokemon against (us) players for a change, versus the foreshadowed references.

Shiny_Latios
August 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM
This has been one thing I have always wanted to see, a fully fledged 3D Pokemon RPG, yes Colosseum and XD were RPG's but it was just catch certain Pokemon and make them good and win the game, however a 3D version of Red or Blue (any game i am just using these as an example) in my eyes would be great. The problem with the handheld versions is that you feel detached, I love immersing myself into a game and be stuck to it for hours on end wanting more of the story to unfold. A 3D pokemon game would do that for me, I am currently having flashbacks of Pokemon Snap where you look around the 3D world and everything is just breathtaking, theres a tall building in the handhelds and it may be tall but in 3D you will feel the scale, running around a proper city, where battles will happen, how about entering a worse off area of the city and having to battle the residents who having nothing else to do.

Anyway if this was even happening I don't think that a Pokeball controller would be that good, but the obvious whipping of the normal wii controller would be nice. Also a bit of interaction with the battles, e.g You select fury swipes, then if and when your Pokemon uses that move the screen will have a little icon pop up to indicate you do the swipes and the pokemon will do them in the same place. Finally something that is taken from FF XI/XII but a ADB system if I remember rightly, where you walk around a route and just see a wild Rattata, you chase it and halfway through throwing whip your controller to send out your first pokemon, you could hold the B button just before to select another or something, then whilst still chasing select and attack on the Rattata.

Makes me want it to happen now I have thought about it :P

Heart's Soul
August 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I asked Nintendo about that- no answer...

KaiserSteel
August 11th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Not sure if anyone had posted this idea up yet:

A Pokemon RPG for DS with an included Wii Disk 'emulator' like software so you can connect your game up to your Wii anytime and instead of walking in a pixelated world, be able to view and fight in 3D. The DS game is a stand alone (so you can still carry it anywhere), with the Wii 'emulator' an optional 3D expansion when at home.

Or something like that...

Leon K. Fox
August 11th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Am I one of the few that's excited about this possibility? There's so much more they could do on the Wii than there is on the DS, and not to mention it's a great oppurtunity to experiment with some new ideas without messing around with the main series on the handhelds

ryushin5
August 16th, 2008, 05:24 AM
opk now i really have truth to the rumor now you know the last link i gave in my last post well i have the translated version here check it out http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fconsolenintendo%2eit%2fnotizie%2dgenerali%2fgamestar%2dinvestiga%2dsul%2dnuovo%2dpok%c3%a9mon%2dper%2dwii%2ehtml

Rich Boy Rob
August 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah i translated it when you posted the first one, SEE all you who dare doubt another Pokemon wii game! But anyway back to sanity, this (if it is a fully fledged RPG) has bucketloads of potential.

snoopandsnizzle
August 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
opk now i really have truth to the rumor now you know the last link i gave in my last post well i have the translated version here check it out http://translate.google.com/translat...r%2dwii%2ehtml (http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fconsolenintendo%2eit%2fnotizie%2dgenerali%2fgamestar%2dinvestiga%2dsul%2dnuovo%2dpok%c3%a9mon%2dper%2dwii%2ehtml)

...what I got was '404: Not Found Sorry, but the content you're looking for is not present in this server.' Doh.

And again - this wouldn't confirm anything. Such information if true would be already on the 'main' sources, like Serebii or Coro Coro magazine. I'm gathering the interview involved soemthing along of the lines of 'we'd like to make one', but not that they would make one. Maybe they'll start out, but then scarp the project? Such things have happened before. And right now they are focusing on Platinum, not a Wii RPG. Not that it couldn't happen - I personally think it would - but there is still no proper evidence to say that it will. Rumours are rumours, and although I feel that there will be a Wii RPG, it ain't confirmed until one of the big sources say so.
A Pokemon RPG for DS with an included Wii Disk 'emulator' like software so you can connect your game up to your Wii anytime and instead of walking in a pixelated world, be able to view and fight in 3D. The DS game is a stand alone (so you can still carry it anywhere), with the Wii 'emulator' an optional 3D expansion when at home.
I doubt Nintendo would use emulators, or try to make a 3D RPG for the DS IMO... memory issues for one, secondly doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do? I don't know though, just my opinion.

ryushin5
August 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
no the interview was talking about pokemon games like diamond and pearl and pokemon battle revolution and the developer said that there in the makes of making a pokemon rpg for the wii
here is the page from the website i just copied it here look
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/597/gamestargw0.png

snoopandsnizzle
August 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM
That's better. :)

Now that I can see it - I still say it proves nothing. It suggests that a new game for the Wii is being made... (although going by translation, maybe they are not saying if they would or not? meh). But... it doesn't say it would be an RPG either. A Pokemon Snap remake? Channel seqeul? Something different? Who knows, but it ain't saying if it will happen or not. (Although I do think it will... eventually).

It also says something along the lines of there being no RPG on a Nintendo home console. Hmm... what are Colosseum and XD then, or the Gamecube? 'Cause, might be translation... :/

It seems old as well - suggest PBR wasn't out at time of writing.

Again, think what you will, but I suggest ignoring this rumour. Heck, shortly after Brawl, people were jumping up and down because Sakurai said he was either making a new Brawl game, or would make an updated version. Shortly after it was discovered that the comments were out of context - Sakurai said that if the opportunity came up again, he would like to... not the same thing.

austin00081
August 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Honestly, I do believe there will be a Wii RPG. When? no one knows. PBR was obviously a trial to test the game play and possibilities for Pokemon on the Wii. I even have thoughts that D/P were beta versions for what's to come on the DS, because the new Platinum is clearly more advanced and has massive improvements than D/P.

All we should expect from Nintendo, is a huge improvement in Pokemon games, for all gaming platforms. And MANY more games to come. Just be patient and see what's next.

Neko Keeshi
August 16th, 2008, 10:02 PM
no the interview was talking about pokemon games like diamond and pearl and pokemon battle revolution and the developer said that there in the makes of making a pokemon rpg for the wii
here is the page from the website i just copied it here look
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/597/gamestargw0.png

If its from 2007, I would think its talking about pokemon ranch

mucus
August 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM
well, if i remember correctly, nintendo said they were going to get all that they could out of the wii and the ds... but i've already heard of a new portable system to come.

anyway, if nintendo wants to squeeze all that they can out of the wii, then if we the fans demand it enough, i would not be suprised to see a whole slew of new pokemon games to come...

so just stay persistant and let that nintendo know that we want more pokemon!

Aiedail
September 1st, 2008, 06:17 PM
They should make a 3D version of the first generation on the wii. That would be awesome.

squirtle rocks!
September 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM

that would be cool it that would be true a proper rpg where you go around in 3d lol im excited now XD

ultradarkrai
September 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM
It's been 12 years. :\ I think it's time for a real console RPG.

You're right. We got Battle Revolution earlier, but it had no story mode, like Colloseum, but Nintendo could make a game with just the story mode, without the normal battling. It could have the GTS as well.

Not sure if anyone had posted this idea up yet:

Or something like that...

Hmm, I wouldn't pay more than £2 extra for the emulator. Seems a bit pointless, unless you could get more items on it, or maybe teach them different moves. Still, I'd rather have a proper RPG, but maybe your idea could work, maybe if you could transfer Pokemon over from your DS after beating its version of the Elite 4.

Penumbra
September 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Blah Blah Blah. On the first page all I read about was "it wouldn't have the same feel". the "same feel" is different to everyone. If a person first started on colosseum and then played the handhelds later on, which do you think would be the "same feel" for them, hmm? That's what I thought.

No, the point of pokemon isn't for it to be handheld so you could bring it to the beach (:cheeky:).
It's a large possibility seeing as the previous title was
"Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness" Notice the "XD:" With the colon? as in, Gale of Darkness was one of the many games on the list of pokemon RPGs that fall under "XD"?

They probably would make one soon seeing as there's no game that lets you trade between Wii and DS (Pokemon Ranch + PBR is transfering, not trading), and also since there's really no other way to get Majority of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn pokemon into your Diamond/Pearl unless you have a GBA Game.. It's probably going to be released after Platinum, though seeing as there's absolutely no point of creating a full fledged Pokemon RPG that only links to two of the three games, and the third very close to it's release date..

Let's keep our hopes up for a pokemon RPG on the Wii! Yes, it most likely will have to include shadow pokemon if it's going to be dubbed under "XD", or in the bigger picture, Orre..

iRawr-x
September 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas for nintendo.

- Create like this strap thing to go around your hand or leg or both, And use to as your like the person on the Wii,
Like If you walk then in the game, The person walks too. (This doesn't include when you pick your nose or something it does it) This can be also used to catch Pokemon, Lets add a bit of fun nintendo

- Make it Wi-Fi and connect with your friends and walk around with them.

- Create your own 3-D town and share it with your friends.

- Make like a microphone thing that goes around your head and sticks out onto your mouth, and use it as commands, Such as "Use Tackle" or "Come back, Eevee" and maybe they can use it like voice chat when you go Wi-Fi with your friends, Also there is a button there, You press it and hold and then say whatever your going to say. So your friends doesn't hear everything you say, (Don't want your friends to hear your personal stuff) xD

- Make it really 3-D like Animal Crossing but better graphics.

- Make Shadow Pokemon, Gold Pokemon, Silver Pokemon, and Shiny.

- Able to travel different regions by a ship (Some PokeMoney needed)

- Able to play great games with friends, Such as PokeChess with the pawns as Pokemon and the others.
Play Safari Zone with friends? Poffin Baking? Contest with friends? Underground Digging? PokeGym (Where your Pokemon fight with other Pokemon but in a street fighter style)?

- Able to pick different goals: Become one of the elite 4
Become the PokeMaster
Catch all Legendaries
OR More?

- Able to catch all Pokemon as you travel from region to region

- Able to have the CellPhone as you got in Pokemon G/S/C

- Get to pick your trainer or use your Mii

I've got too much ideas on my mind. >.<

I'll share some later. My hand and brain is quite tired, >.<
We want something new not the old Pokemon games.

Spinor
September 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Wikipedia holds the answer to everything. Trust me. Even if it's not in one whole article...

Red and Blue
Release date(s)
JP February 27, 1996 (original Red and Green versions)
JP October 15, 1996 (Blue version)
NA September 1, 1998

Yellow
Released in Japan on September 12. Released in North America on October 1, 1999

Stadium
Release date(s)
JP April 30, 1999[1]
NA February 29, 2000[1]

Stadium 2
Release date(s)
JP December 14, 2000
NA March 28, 2001

Gold and Silver
Release date(s)
JP November 21, 1999
AUS September 4, 2000
NA October 15, 2000

Crystal
Released in Japan on December 14 2000. Released in North America on July 29, 2001

Ruby and Sapphire
Release date(s)
JP November 21, 2002
NA March 19, 2003

Pokemon Colluseum
Release date(s)
JP November 21, 2003
NA March 24, 2004

Emerald
Released in Japan on September 16, 2004. Released in North America on May 1, 2005.

Pokemon XD
Release date(s)
JPN August 4, 2005
NA October 5, 2005

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Release date(s)
JP September 28, 2006
NA April 22, 2007

Pokemon Battle Revolution
Release date(s)
JP December 14, 2006
NA June 25, 2007

Pokemon Platinum
Release date(s)
JP September 13, 2008

Pay attention to the Bolds. An RPG comes out nearly once every year in America. A House console game comes out every 2 years. If see the fact that no RPG came out in America this year... We have a winner. We will probably be getting our next XD soon enough.

Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas for nintendo.

- Create like this strap thing to go around your hand or leg or both, And use to as your like the person on the Wii,
Like If you walk then in the game, The person walks too. (This doesn't include when you pick your nose or something it does it) This can be also used to catch Pokemon, Lets add a bit of fun nintendo

- Make like a microphone thing that goes around your head and sticks out onto your mouth, and use it as commands, Such as "Use Tackle" or "Come back, Eevee" and maybe they can use it like voice chat when you go Wi-Fi with your friends, Also there is a button there, You press it and hold and then say whatever your going to say. So your friends doesn't hear everything you say, (Don't want your friends to hear your personal stuff) xD

- Able to play great games with friends, Such as PokeChess with the pawns as Pokemon and the others.
Play Safari Zone with friends? Poffin Baking? Contest with friends? Underground Digging? PokeGym (Where your Pokemon fight with other Pokemon but in a street fighter style)?

Become the PokeMaster
Catch all Legendaries
OR More?

I've got too much ideas on my mind. >.<

I'll share some later. My hand and brain is quite tired, >.<

So... I believe you're willing to pay about 100$ for a game that will come out in a sink time to manage runnings and end up failing and getting Nintendo bankrupt?

Rich Boy Rob
September 7th, 2008, 03:41 AM

Become the PokeMaster
Catch all Legendaries
OR More?

Sounds too much like Animal Crossing or The Sims: Pokemon to me

Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas

No we don't, thats what the spin offs are for

Argent Crusader
September 29th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Humm... For me it does sound interesting.
Lately I was playing Colosseum, although I just reached Phenac City for the moment.
My thought is that it will be a "XD" series game. The adventure may be set on a orre-similar region, and catch shadow Pokémon, and bla, bla, bla. That's pretty good, I got a different feel when I play Colosseum, it's very different than the Handheld counterparts. But, this is just the most likely case, not the most enjoyable.
I always thinked that a franchise that would fit PERFECTLY on the Wii is Pokémon Ranger. Just think about it. Wii Mote is exactly like the capture styler is shown on the anime (although the name obviously comes from "Stylus"), and knowing Nintendo they would sell a special styler-like wii mote.
But, as some of you don't like the Ranger series, that could be just an option. So far two playable "jobs" were present on the Pokémon franchise: Pokémon Trainers, and Pokémon Rangers.
Maybe they mix them on a RPG, like it was menctioned before.
That's my opinion, what do you think?

MudMast
September 29th, 2008, 09:11 AM
but we know, that if it is real, there will most likely be able to use your Mii.

Lith
September 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
~Ohh, i hope you can use your Mii (If Its real)~
~I would look so out of the whole "Pokemon" theam~

used to be Twiggy
September 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
-Twiggy was sitting on the ground nearby with a piece of cake sticking out of his mouth-

I hope it's true. It sounds awesome.

Skaterzpenguin
September 29th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Why can't nintendo make pokemon stadium 3... that would be much more better! xD

UberChomp
October 4th, 2008, 05:38 AM
This would be a dream come true. But I doubt it, its just some random dream that transformed into a rumor because someone is delusional and really wants this to happen.

.Iramet
October 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Sadly the post before me is most likely right.
I just can't see a pokemon RPG on the wii.
At least not how we are used to.
~sigh

Melash
October 10th, 2008, 06:39 PM
That would be awesome, but I highly doubt it. Too bad, I have a Wii, and I would play it for hours on end....

ExtremeDarkness
October 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
cool. i also have a wii. but i dont play it as much now because there are no new games out yet.

Bleuhorn
October 11th, 2008, 04:07 AM
This would be a dream come true. But I doubt it, its just some random dream that transformed into a rumor because someone is delusional and really wants this to happen.
I'm not going to claim that this should not or will not happen but it is still much possible, you know? Colo./XD sold pretty darn well. Why not make a brand new game that would differ from the previous titles?

Hero88go
October 11th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I think they should just make a pokemon stadium for wii. YOu could do special moves and stuff with the will remote.

Jubilation
October 11th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I think it would be fun, though moving with the wii remote might be abit difficult

UberChomp
October 12th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I'm not going to claim that this should not or will not happen but it is still much possible, you know? Colo./XD sold pretty darn well. Why not make a brand new game that would differ from the previous titles?

I didn't like the whole "shadow" theme in XD. I'd like a Pokemon Stadium 3, that couldn't go wrong. :)

Heart's Soul
October 12th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'd like Battle Revolution to be compatible with Platinum.

NoriakiZ
October 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM
That would be cool, but I don't see Nintendo making a RPG Pokemon game for Wii.

Syrex
October 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
If they did come out with a Pokemon RPG for the Wii, I'll have to go out and buy a Wii just for the RPG, haha

UberChomp
October 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM
If they did come out with a Pokemon RPG for the Wii, I'll have to go out and buy a Wii just for the RPG, haha

*gasp* No Wii? You deprived child. lol.

Sevre90210
October 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Colosseum had this Final Fantasy meets Pokemon feel that I loved.I'd love to see something like it on the Wii,I got Battle Revolution last Christmas and it hasn't been in my Wii's disk drive (or Wii-drive as I like to call it) since. Also a Pokemon MMORPG would be awesome! But not on the Wii, on the PC.....well maybe on the Wii,but I can only imagine it on the PC.

Anyway until someone announces something like this to be released I'm going to go hide away in my shell,teaching my Walrein to use thunderbolt.It's going well.....

shiniyoyo4000
October 18th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Guys.....

Isnt Pokemon already an rpg???

-Jake
October 18th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I would like being able to design a character for the RPG, for ultimate customizable abilities.

blaster395
October 18th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Yeh a rpg for the wii would be a good idea.
they could even make pokemon battles occur on the overworld that would be GREAT

HollowNightmare
October 18th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I would like being able to design a character for the RPG, for ultimate customizable abilities.

That would be so awesome! :D Kinda like how you're able to design characters in PBR for the Wii.

Schala_25
October 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Guys.....

Isnt Pokemon already an rpg???

Yes, but this topic is about a pokemon rpg for the Wii. PBR isn't an rpg, and there have been rumors about an rpg (aka a game closer to Diamond then PBR) coming out on the Wii.

BlueEew
October 18th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I think a full interacting Wii RPG will be awesome. Also imagine if the whole next generation was on the Wii. This would open up DS to Wii Interaction to catch em all.

Sweet Lou
October 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I cannot beleive some of you would not want a Pokemon RPG game for Wii. Id ratehr have one for Xbox 360 so they can do more with it and how bout for battles we have use be able to perform the moves and fight for ourselves and online have a big online world where we can play other trainers and travel to gyms with friends and even compete in Arena league battles. It would be so fun and addicting and it definitaley should be for 360 because they have better internet connection even though its for nintendo but o well just my opionion

Toast
October 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I cannot beleive some of you would not want a Pokemon RPG game for Wii. Id ratehr have one for Xbox 360

It's Nintendo, why would they want to make money for another company?

snoopandsnizzle
October 18th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I cannot beleive some of you would not want a Pokemon RPG game for Wii. Id ratehr have one for Xbox 360 so they can do more with it and how bout for battles we have use be able to perform the moves and fight for ourselves and online have a big online world where we can play other trainers and travel to gyms with friends and even compete in Arena league battles. It would be so fun and addicting and it definitaley should be for 360 because they have better internet connection even though its for nintendo but o well just my opionion
Oh dear. And what makes you think Nintendo would go and let a rival company take one of their best-selling games and profit from it? Because they 'have better internet connection'? No; I can assure you there will not be a Pokemon rpg for the Xbox, as Nintendo owns the rights for Pokemon, and aren't going to let others profit from those games.

Mewtwo42
October 26th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well, most pokemon games are RPG's, so that wouldn't be too unusual, but the fact that there is a pokemon RPG for the Wii rumored to be in the making, is wierd. Nintendo never seemed like it was going to do it.

The whole idea of a Wii pokemon RPG is awesome! Think of all the possibilities what with wifi and such, like co-op playing, and wifi battles and trading and connectivity with the DS games.

I just hope that it's not pokemon ranger.(if the rumors are even true in the first place)

SnowRaven
October 26th, 2008, 03:57 PM
While I doubt the rumors to be true, I personally would love to see a 3D RPG for the Wii, assuming it isn't another snagging game like the Gamecube versions. Battle Revolution is a good game and all, it's great for the online 3D battling and such, but the downside is unless you have a hand held pokemon game, there's really nothing for you there. I liked how there was an RPG allowing you to catch a team and otherwise act independently from all other games in the Gamecube versions, granted I didn't really like the no wild pokemon plot. Heck, bring back the minigames found in pokemon stadium even, those turned it into a great party game. Revolution is too dependent to be a proper game in my opinion. It's just varying ruled tournaments playing with pokemon in 3D. When platinum comes out with the new battle frontier, the 3D is all that it will have. It will be all but obsolete. We need a new and better Wii pokemon game, though it will be years before we see another I feel.

Sweet Lou
October 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
It's Nintendo, why would they want to make money for another company?

No **** im just saying Wii sucks it has limited controls and would lack the depth of 360 its not like they couldnt sell the rights to the game for X amount of dollars i dunno why you guys all flipped but you dont think it would be cool to start out and venture a whole world and go from gym to gym and have it be interactive and control the characters and the pokemon and meet people along the way just like on the handhelds but better graphics more possiblities i just think it would be so sweet and pokemon stadium and colliseum are horrible u just sit there press A and watch ur pokemon do the move u dont even travel or do anything it is retarded i dont even know how it makes money

The Confuzzler
October 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Sweet Lou, i dont think you've noiced but NINTENDO sells NINTENDO games on NINTENDO consles. Your not going tos ee a NINTENDO game on the xbox 3601

Milky Way
October 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
If they were really making one for the Wii then I'd need some proof.

I also think they should keep the RPGs handheld based.
Going to a home system seems to far ...

And If they include any new Pokemon on that game, I'd be quick to get it.

icomeanon6
October 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I also think they should keep the RPGs handheld based.
Going to a home system seems to far ...
I don't think there should be any real concern with the specific platform. What really needs to happen is something we connoisseurs like to call doing things differently. Seriously, it's gotten to the point where the RPG titles are so repetitive that they might as well be carbon copies of each other. It may be easy to make money with titles that just milk the cash cow and don't have any creative ideas, but the games that become true classics are the ones that go against the grain and introduce some fresh concepts.

Shiari Xero
October 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I agree, a Console Pokemon RPG may not have that nostalgic feel. But it might be a nice change of pace to have a 3D RPG. I mean think about it. Being able to see the cities and routes, and hopefully the PKMN Leages in their full majesty. I think it might be a nice side series at least.

But as everyone says, it is only an uncofirmed rumor. But it would be nice.

snoopandsnizzle
October 29th, 2008, 09:49 PM
No **** im just saying Wii sucks it has limited controls and would lack the depth of 360
Yep, swearing gets one somewhere... :/

Limited controls - well, we're talking controls here for a POKEMON game. What else does one need for a Pokemon game? It's not some advanced shoot-them-up game... you're also ignoring that the Wii has multiple types of controllers (heck, they could even make the GC controllers usable!) I don't see any motion-using controllers by the Xbox either... but I don't really want to start some console war here (each one, after all, has their pros and cons, and is down to preference/games which one you like better). But I really do find this qualm with the limited controls void. (And what 'depth' does the Xbox have that makes it more worthy to host a Pokemon game then a Wii, really? They both can do it...)
its not like they couldnt sell the rights to the game for X amount of dollars i dunno why you guys all flipped
...So you think that the would sell the rights to Xbox, because YOU think they would do a better job with it? That is NOT how it works. Nintendo are RIVALS with the other game-console companies. Why would they sell the rights of a game that is their 2nd-best seller, and will quite clear continue selling? It's practicularly giving away money to someone else. (And money made from selling the rights would be pitiful compared to what money is made from selling poke. games).
Quite simply - it will not happen. And no amount of whinging that the Xbox is better will change that.
but you dont think it would be cool to start out and venture a whole world and go from gym to gym and have it be interactive and control the characters and the pokemon and meet people along the way just like on the handhelds but better graphics more possiblities i just think it would be so sweet It could be quite the idea, but really doubt it'll happen. Why use the whole world with millions of 'regions' (the big four only make up most of Japan...), which'll take up insane amounts of game memory and all, when you can just sell the game one region at a time, and still sell millions of copies, as Nintendo has done since RBY?

As for deviating from the norm for their main games - well, they simply haven't done this, and wouldn't do it, as it's worked too well for them. The same formula. Have man with starter Pokemon that he gets from Prof tree. Have them beat 8 gyms, then the Elite four. Insert plot with Team *insertnamehere* being defeated by protagonist. Have 'getting them all' a challenge. Rinse and repeat with minor changes in each game 9like Contests, and Underground, Wi-fi, etc). After all these years, it still works! Even Platinum - which is only an improvement on DP, which are rather new games, sold amazingly well. And as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are always new gamers coming about as well, so it'll appear new to them.

As such, I wouldn't expect any majpr changes to games they market as the big ones. Colosseum and XD had some change with Shadow Pokemon, for instance, but mostly still the same - beat evil team 'x', for instance. That's the range of 'difference' I'd expect a new Pokemon RPG - if it happens - to have from the handhelds.
and pokemon stadium and colliseum are horrible u just sit there press A and watch ur pokemon do the move u dont even travel or do anything it is retarded i dont even know how it makes money
That's your opinion. One opinion. Many liked the games, some hated them - but enough liked them for Nintendo to make a profit, and even make a sequel to Colo in XD:GoD. Sure, it could have been better in many aspects, no denying that, but doesn't mean that they can't be improved on.
And isn't that what Pokemon games are? An turn-based game? And as it's what sells the most for them, it's what they'll keep making. You don't like it? Don't buy it, simple as that. But to suggest that they should sell it to the Xbox because it's 'better' is just ill-thought out, and won't happen either. (Plus - who says it'll be better on the Xbox? Just as much if not more chance it'll be worse - and they wouldn't mix all the regions in one game either, but milk each for all it's worth, and thus make more money out of it).

Milky Way
October 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM
You know, If there are just rumors going around and no one has any complete proof then what's the point of posting here anyways?

I'm not trying to be evil to anyone, I'm just saying that we need some proof that these rumors exist.

DARKSHADE
October 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
hmmmm
im torn on this one
i liked XD and colosseum, apart from the no wild pokemon...
but if there were wild pokemon in this one that wouldnt feel right either....
thats a toughy...

but i would change my mind if (and so would a lot of other people)
they made a G/S/C remake for wii!!!
now that would be something!

4th Gen Matt
October 30th, 2008, 05:18 PM
hmmmm
im torn on this one
i liked XD and colosseum, apart from the no wild pokemon...
but if there were wild pokemon in this one that wouldnt feel right either....
thats a toughy...

-hides from Johto fanboy-

I would absolutely love (LOVE!) a Pokemon RPG for the Wii.

You know.. just thinking about it makes me want to learn several programming languages and just make it myself.

Shiari Xero
October 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM

I agree, a G/S/C remake would be great. It would be a new experience in a nostalgic place.. Johto! Though in the beginning it wouldn't feel right. But I would get it anyways.

2nd gen ROCKS!!!XD
(My opinion..Not a fanboy..)

Ravecat
October 31st, 2008, 07:02 PM
Has anybody played Steambot Chronicles?

Take that engine, add Pokemon, voila, perfect 3D Pokemon game.

Naturalistick
November 1st, 2008, 04:18 AM
I'm totally open-minded about spin-offs, it's a nice change of pace, so a Wii Pokémon RPG is more than welcome =).

Now, would this RPG be like Collosseum/XD? If yes, then I'm not so sure. I guess the whole mechanics to those are already tired out, maybe a different twist to it would be better.

JonathanJiggSaww
November 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
I was totally excited for Battle Revolution when it came out.
I thought it was going to be an RPG, or at least something like Stadium or Colosseum.
When i got it, i was kind of disappointed. There wasn't much to do in the game and with the lack of a Pokemon game for the DS at the time, it was even more boring.
I think an RPG for pokemon would be cool. Why should it be kept on the handhelds?
When your at home, play it on the wii, When your at the beach, Play it on your DS.

whale
November 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
When your at home, play it on the wii, When your at the beach, Play it on your DS.

Although I see your point, if you go to the beach...you should probably go swim. :)

"When your at home play pokemon on your wii, when your at school/work/a book store/ a coffee shop play pokemon on your DS.

You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
November 3rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
The main reason that I think they will come out with another Pokemon for the wii is...
*Drum roll*

Platinum.

Think about it...
How are we gonna see a 3D Origin form of Giratina?Rotom's new forms?
Platinum isn't compatible with PBR.
They are more than likely to cook something up before they release the 5th gen of Pokemon.

(Unless they release an update for pbr like they did with My Pokemon Ranch)

Shiroi Alucard
November 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think a pokemon game for Wii with D/P graphics would be great idea, it could even let you go to all four Regions and beat every games gym and elite four, plus catch every single pokemon on the SAME game for once, ya know like ash does in the show ^_^

Heart's Soul
November 3rd, 2008, 10:08 AM
Ash has all 493 pokemon?

I think it'd be a great idea for the RPG to do all that. DPP can... if you cheat...

Shiroi Alucard
November 3rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
No but I mean we could go to all four regions like he did. and we could catch every pokemon like he didn't do.

Sheek
November 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Judging by Nintendo's pattern's with previous Generations, I'd say a Pokemon RPG on Wii is likely. Back in Generation I and II, they had the Stadium games (a sequel to which would be quite welcomed on Wii, following Ninetendo's new theme of addressing a causal audience, hence the likely abundance of mini-games and the like), and in Generation III they had Colosseum/XD. So far, for Generation IV, it's just PBR, which not only sucked, but also lacks Platinum support.

Also, a Generation IV console RPG could help out with getting some hard-to-get legendaries, such as the Generation II legendaries (which hints at a possible Generation II remake on DS, making those Pokemon available easily).

NytewolfAU2k7
November 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM

Wouldn't happen to be the one spreading that rumour, perchance?

Judging by Nintendo's pattern's with previous Generations, I'd say a Pokemon RPG on Wii is likely. Back in Generation I and II, they had the Stadium games (a sequel to which would be quite welcomed on Wii, following Ninetendo's new theme of addressing a causal audience, hence the likely abundance of mini-games and the like), and in Generation III they had Colosseum/XD. So far, for Generation IV, it's just PBR, which not only sucked, but also lacks Platinum support.

Also, a Generation IV console RPG could help out with getting some hard-to-get legendaries, such as the Generation II legendaries (which hints at a possible Generation II remake on DS, making those Pokemon available easily).

As I see it, Pokemon is Nintendos Cash Cow, thus we should expect another Generation 4 battle game or rpg along the same lines as XD or Colosseum, it would net them a fair bit of cash, I would suspect.

Giratina ♀
November 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I really want one of these.

I loved XD: GoD, and really wanted a regular Pokémon RPG like that as well, with more detailed movements and things.

And in PMD's defense, I think it was on the top ten list of the best handheld games I had ever played. I really liked it, dunno about you.

SkyPioneer
November 9th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Spoiler: We won't see a Pokemon RPG for the Wii until 2009. Even then this whole thing could turn out to be fake.
Just my two cents.

Synx
November 9th, 2008, 02:36 PM
If they do, i bet they make it so ur a ranger or something so u use the wii motes more. if not itll be kinda dull...