View Full Version : Ad-Aware problem

July 28th, 2004, 1:00 PM
Recently whenever I finish a scan, there's a file that ad-aware can't delete. It's like C/:system/illdls or something like that. Anyone know why it can't delete the thing?? Is it because it's in the Windows directory?

July 28th, 2004, 1:01 PM
mmmm, it happens to me sometimes, and my dad tells me to delete it myself so search out the folder and delete it!

July 28th, 2004, 1:10 PM
I am not searching through that 50,000 file black hole.*ignores the problem and hopes his computer doesn't burn*

July 28th, 2004, 1:13 PM
why dont you search through the search box at the menu and search for the folder

July 28th, 2004, 1:28 PM
One or two things isn't gonna blow up your computer. Just stick it on the ignore list.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
July 28th, 2004, 2:09 PM
Ad-aware, hmm, I don't think it deleted all of my bad spyware stuff, but it did enough to improve my computers status noticeably.

July 28th, 2004, 10:09 PM
The reason it can't delete it is because it's running. Usually, the program wil ask you to run again when your system loads, and scans and removes everything before they load. Because when a file in windows has read/write access, you can't edit/delete it in any way. If it doesn't ask you (It should though) then find it in the running services and close it, then go find the file manually and delete it. If you can't find it in services, then go to MsConfig and find it in there. Untick it so it won't load, then delete it manually. I hope this works, I have 1 more solution if those don't work.