PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent....

parallelzero
July 28th, 2004, 05:39 PM
How exactly are you supposed to use the files? Yes, I've never used a bittorent before and im confuzzled as heck....

aaaaaa
July 28th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Head to The ABC Homepage (http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/) and grab yourself ABC, it'll open those Torrent Files.

aRedMoon
July 28th, 2004, 06:36 PM
They're kinda like... a blueprint for the file. You download the blueprint and then give it to the contractors (The programs like Shadow's Experimental, ABC, etc) and they'll "build" it or download it.

...that was the stupidest post I've ever made.

parallelzero
July 28th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Now that I downloaded ABC i dont understand how it works... o.O

aaaaaa
July 28th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Install it, then open a .torrent file.
It'll load into ABC and begin downloading.
It *will* take a while, so be patient.

Gr8person62.2
July 28th, 2004, 10:02 PM
IMO, the best client out there is Bittornado. It's extremly user-friendly, and it uses this "piece-file" thing so it won't take 30 minutes to resume large files (about 5Gb). Sometimes though, the extension to a torrent isn't always .torrent, so just open it using the client, or drag+drop it in. It'l work fine.

samu
July 29th, 2004, 04:21 AM
I use Azureus, which is a java based client, and manages the real nicely and stuff. I'm a torrent ***** (over 75+ GB downloaded through bt. :333)

Azureus is available through sourceforge, btw! ^_^

aRedMoon
July 29th, 2004, 07:58 AM
I prefer ABC... it's pretty userfriendly and not all built up, it downloads the torrents in one window, and that's about all I want. =/

Gr8person62.2
July 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I use Azureus, which is a java based client, and manages the real nicely and stuff. I'm a torrent ***** (over 75+ GB downloaded through bt. :333)

Azureus is available through sourceforge, btw! ^_^
I'm going through 7 GB a month with BT. If it wasn't for my download limit and 80Gb hard drive, it'd be 70Gb a month. o_O'

aRedMoon
July 30th, 2004, 07:24 PM
*has pulled a good 10 GB in the last 5 days*

Kairi
July 31st, 2004, 12:00 PM
Now I know why people buy such huge HDDs, Ive never filled a 120GB one. o_o; 10 GB of what? Theres only so many combinations of ones and zeros! Okaybad example, but I cant fathom downloading THAT much. o.x; Unless you can stop time to view it/use it/play it whatever.

aRedMoon
July 31st, 2004, 04:06 PM
7 of those gigs were FMA... I needed to catch up on it...

Other gigs have included FLCL, Ragnarok, Hikaru no Go, etc. I have a relatively small harddrive, so I have to burn a lot. =/

aaaaaa
July 31st, 2004, 04:38 PM
I'm a bad girl for saying so, but much of my downloading is PS2/Xbox ISO's.
And quite a bit is from Sharing the Groove, lossless audio concert bootlegs.