PDA

View Full Version : The Manga Game

Gold Tom
May 22nd, 2008, 12:19 AM
What would you think of a game for the GBA or DS based around the Manga?

I think it would be cool, playing as Red or Blue, and following the storylines. It would make a cool game, starting with a Poliwhirl, fighting Zapmolcuno. And if Nintendo wanted to make some money they could even do it with the different Volumes.

But, what do think?

Mileyangel
May 22nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
That would be really cool. I would totally buy it.

Maxim
May 22nd, 2008, 03:34 AM
Awesome = Yes
Possible = No

That's very sad but... an anime-based game is much more possible than a manga-based one. The anime brings Nintendo much money, while Manga does not and is less popular. Sad but true.

Gold Tom
May 22nd, 2008, 03:40 AM
Curses! However, what if it were WiiWare?

YellowPen
May 22nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
I can acutally imagine a Manga Series on Wii Ware

Kinda like every month is a new Volume

Would be the most epic game out

Mileyangel
May 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
Of course Nintendo chooses money over fans.....

minakichan
May 22nd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Nintendo chooses money over no money. If there were enough people that wanted a PokeSpe game and would be willing to dish out enough money to make it profitable, Nintendo would do it. In this case, there aren't even enough fans for Nintendo to choose "over money."

Mileyangel
May 22nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
.....don't you wish more people liked Pokespecial?

EDIT: I just remembered!!!! A couple of weeks ago, I had this dream where I was playing a GBA game version of the Yellow Saga...weird, huh?

Gold Tom
May 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
And what was it like? It would be awesome, maybe, a petition?

fshy00
May 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
What about a manga-style hack? That might be cool....

ocean
May 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
I would buy it in a heartbeat... If only one would come out. *sigh*

Gold Tom
May 23rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
I have a question. Who wouldn't buy the Manga game?

Kikue
May 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Probably because it's not as popular as the anime itself. I never heard of the Pokemon Specials until 4th or 5th grade and I have known the anime since 1st grade. But I personally like the manga more since it has a deeper, more dark plot than the happy pink rainbow unicorns anime version of pokemon. I guess the anime would have to be happy since it's aimed for little kids.

Gold Tom
May 23rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
How much would you pay? I would pay maybe a little more than usual.

Maxim
May 23rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
And what was it like? It would be awesome, maybe, a petition?

No! A petition for Volumes 9+ in Viz would make much more sense and would be more possible to work.

Somebody must just do a hack. Simply...

Gold Tom
May 23rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Well, what ideas from the first few volumes(Red and Yellow storyarchs) wold you like to see integrated into such a game, and what should be cut?

Cobalt36
May 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I would love to see an EVIL Elite Four for once. We have only been able to walk into their rooms and fight, then leave. The have ot have some lives, right? What, do they just sit and sleep all day?! They're the Elite Four; they got that title for a reason and i wanna see it.

I also want to see some Rocket Gym Leaders and the ACTUAL Mewtwo plot rather than "Hey you, come get me in Cerulean Cave!" Is it just me or do i want to make the games harder with more baddies? Maybe i'm evil too?!

Gold Tom
May 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
That. Would be awesome, now that I think about it, the manga carries everything I would love to see in a game, awesome.

Ryousha
May 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I might get my team to do this ^^(hack), but in no offense, i might need more help, because scripting is always a problem for my team.

Gold Tom
May 29th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Oh. Well, I've been starting to try and get Pallet Town done, but, someone else also took this idea, well, if you do it, good luck!

Sea Guardian
June 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thats an awsome idea! I'd be one of the first ones to buy it! I REALLY wish you could battle in the games like they do in the manga like Red haveing Pika charge a thunderbolt in its pokeball to defeat Giovanni, or Yellow useing her powers to fry Lance? That would be really fun. I also want to see an evil Elite Four.

VideoFan9864
June 16th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Thats an awsome idea! I'd be one of the first ones to buy it! I REALLY wish you could battle in the games like they do in the manga like Red haveing Pika charge a thunderbolt in its pokeball to defeat Giovanni, or Yellow useing her powers to fry Lance? That would be really fun. I also want to see an evil Elite Four.

Thats a good idea. I would still want it as an RPG type but I don't want it to be turn based. Have any of you guys heard of the Tales series in RPG games? If so I am imagining a perfect pokemon special game with FMV's and in battle conversations just like it.

Cem-chan
June 17th, 2008, 02:40 PM
^ Funny, thats the first game series that popped into my head when I thought of a pokespecial game.

Yellow even reminds me of Collette from Symphonia ^^

BigfootTheUnbeatable
June 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Here's what I would do for the first game.

You can play as Red with his Poliwhirl, then recieve the Bulbasaur, than catch Pikachu, all in story events. Then you can do what ever you want, but RPG style, so its kind of like the original Pokemon games and Colosseum mixed. You go through all the gyms, LT. Surge, Sabrina, Koga are all bosses.

Through out the whole game you have to battle Green, your rival, and you meet Blue, the secondary rival who stole Squirtle, and she has her own sub-plot. Then once your team defeats final boss Zapmolcuno, you think its over. It's not.

You battle Giovanni, save Yellow from Dratini, then team up with Blaine to capture Mewtwo (SEPHIROTH!). If that wasn't enough, you have to beat Green after a string of battles at Indigo Plateau. Red becomes champion and then the credits roll.

I think it would be cool if after you beat the game, you could go back and play the game as like Blue, from when she steals Squirtle to Indigo Plateau, but the secondary game would be extremely short in comparison to the main game.

There would also be a demo for the second game, Yellow Cabarello. Even though there is zero percent chance of this happening, it would kick ass!

Mileyangel
June 18th, 2008, 05:34 AM
^Okay, I would TOTALLY buy that. Nice idea about playing as Blue....

Sayaendo
June 18th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I actually thought about this the other day. A hack might be possible with a good deal of coding.

All sagas will be in their respective gen graphics, which is what will make you need coding, to make event battles and complex stuff in the original games.
You start with a Poliwhirl, sneak in the lab and cause havoc, catch all escaped Pokemon (scattered with sprites throughout Pallet, battled upon contact), see Blue and Mew, and on and on and on.

Man, it's nice to dream.

Mileyangel
June 18th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, this game idea is a LOT better than the same old "gotta catch 'em all, battle the gyms" crap.