• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prom

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Hey guys and girls.

I went to my prom last night and I had the best night of my life so far. Speeches and dancing. Pictures and talking and loads more.
I spent about £100 for my prom ticket, suite and limo.

Just wondering what your opinion on proms is.
Waste of money or a great night?
Have you been to a prom yet or are you going to one.
Will you get a limo?

Just give me your opinion about it.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
Years
Hmm... i think Prom is a good thang... It'll definitely be one of my greatest night ever...
No, i've never been to prom but yes to school dance... wait... whats the diffrence between prom and school dance??
Anyways, hell yeah to limo and maybe even a helicopter... now that is what you call style... sigh *daydreaming*

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
Years
The first prom I went to SUCKKKKKKKKKED our grad paid for it, we had little money. The group I was with wasn't really fun.

The second prom I went to was great fun, really fun people, its was good. ^_^ Good Memories.

Years
I'm sorry, but what's a prom? Having been forced to skip high school completely robbed me of ever finding out.

The first prom I went to SUCKKKKKKKKKED our grad paid for it, we had little money. The group I was with wasn't really fun.

The second prom I went to was great fun, really fun people, its was good. ^_^ Good Memories.

LOL, AN ADMIN DOUBLE POSTED!

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
Years
I kind of find it pointless :/ But then again, I am one of the few people who don't want to go xD

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 31, 2013
I don't want to go either. It's really just another (incredibly overhyped) crappy school dance. It's expensive, there's only maybe ten-fifteen people I really care about saying goodbye to, and you have to wear formal clothes. Formal clothes... and they usually blast whatever bullcrap is popular. Which usually isn't stuff you dance to in formal clothes. And I don't dance anyway. And I never have had, nor never will have a date, and if I did, I could think of more fun things to do with them than go be crowded in a room with crappy music and crappy people.

So, I'm not going. :]

Years
This seems to be a more discussion-oriented topic rather than that of a regular poll. That said, it would seem to do well in Other Chat.

~Moved

And I find proms to be very cherishable events that hold a lot of memories for many people, me included. My prom night was memorable and fantastic, the money for everything was paid for weeks before and all we could focus on was having a good time before eventually departing to other places. I like dancing as well, so all was good. Certainly one of the greatest nights I've ever had.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
My prom was excellent bar the music. We had the gangstas moshing to the fratellis and then it was speed garage all night long :|

Otherwise excellent night. I look forward to next years where we can drink :D

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
Pointless, trite, stupid, overplayed music played to wasted stupid teenagers grinding and dancing upon anything and everything, times about five hundred.

Yeah, real fun.

I didn't go, don't care, and don't like the idea. I don't plan on going next year. I'd rather go do something else and not waste $500 on a tux, ticket, and pictures. I can have more fun by myself.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Nope I've never been to a Prom. the most I've ever been to was a Senior banquet, no dancing was allowed until after 9 when the principal left. then things got fun. (we had a couple teachers dancing like it was 1987!) but anyway I switched schools my senior year so I never felt that the school I graduated from was my school. I didn't have a g/f at the time so I just didn't bother with it.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Hmm... i think Prom is a good thang... It'll definitely be one of my greatest night ever...
No, i've never been to prom but yes to school dance... wait... whats the diffrence between prom and school dance??
Anyways, hell yeah to limo and maybe even a helicopter... now that is what you call style... sigh *daydreaming*

Prom is a big party where lots of money is spent to make is a night you will always remember.

Shame it was a bad first prom but its good you had a good second prom m3

I'm sorry, but what's a prom? Having been forced to skip high school completely robbed me of ever finding out.

LOL, AN ADMIN DOUBLE POSTED!

Proms just a big party you have when you leave school

I kind of find it pointless :/ But then again, I am one of the few people who don't want to go xD

My prom night was magic. But I understand why people don't want to go because it is alot of money.

I don't want to go either. It's really just another (incredibly overhyped) crappy school dance. It's expensive, there's only maybe ten-fifteen people I really care about saying goodbye to, and you have to wear formal clothes. Formal clothes... and they usually blast whatever bullcrap is popular. Which usually isn't stuff you dance to in formal clothes. And I don't dance anyway. And I never have had, nor never will have a date, and if I did, I could think of more fun things to do with them than go be crowded in a room with crappy music and crappy people.

So, I'm not going. :]

You have a strong opinion about this.

This seems to be a more discussion-oriented topic rather than that of a regular poll. That said, it would seem to do well in Other Chat.

~Moved

And I find proms to be very cherishable events that hold a lot of memories for many people, me included. My prom night was memorable and fantastic, the money for everything was paid for weeks before and all we could focus on was having a good time before eventually departing to other places. I like dancing as well, so all was good. Certainly one of the greatest nights I've ever had.

It is a great night and a night I will remember for ever.

Meh, I regret missing mine. Someone really wanted me to take them (two, in fact), but I was unable.

:( Shame about that

My prom was excellent bar the music. We had the gangstas moshing to the fratellis and then it was speed garage all night long :|

We had grease lightning, YMCA, Cha cha slide, and a few other songs that me and my friends all danced to.

Otherwise excellent night. I look forward to next years where we can drink :D

:p Booze. I just slept over at my friends house after the prom and got drunk.

Pointless, trite, stupid, overplayed music played to wasted stupid teenagers grinding and dancing upon anything and everything, times about five hundred.

Yeah, real fun.

I didn't go, don't care, and don't like the idea. I don't plan on going next year. I'd rather go do something else and not waste $500 on a tux, ticket, and pictures. I can have more fun by myself.

I only paid about £100 for my prom inc Limo, ticket, suite and ticket.

Nope I've never been to a Prom. the most I've ever been to was a Senior banquet, no dancing was allowed until after 9 when the principal left. then things got fun. (we had a couple teachers dancing like it was 1987!) but anyway I switched schools my senior year so I never felt that the school I graduated from was my school. I didn't have a g/f at the time so I just didn't bother with it.

I feel prom is about being with friends who you care about and just having a good time with them. If you don't feel you can't have a god time then dont go

I've gone to a few proms with my girlfriend, we mostly just sat and talked though.

Thats all me and my friends did.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I never went to my prom because I figured that it'd just be like Semi-prom the year before.
Besides, what fun would prom be if you didn't even have friends to go with, never mind a guy.

So I didn't go and I honestly don't regret it. I spent the money that I would've bought the ticket/dress/etc with on other stuff that I wanted.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
For me, a waste of money and time. I'm not the outgoing type and show no interest in parties of any kind. There will be a prom for me this year since this is my last in school, but I don't want to go.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
I didn't go to my prom because my newly imported Pokémon Pearl arrived a few days before.

How cliché.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Will you get a limo?

I say it can be a great night, but you have to make it that way. Don't expect some Cinderella story to happen.
I will be because I am a -cough- junior now. So, second semester of 2009...oh yeah.
Nah. No limo for me.

And I plan on wearing a tux for my senior prom! -pokes gender- xD

Lash

Years
I missed the first one I was suppose to go to in 9th grade, due to having to go to so many schools. I won't miss it next year though, since I will probably have to go to the third school I went to. It will be the 9th grade prom[/failed9thgrade] I never got to have >_>

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
Years
Will you get a limo?

I enjoyed mine, wasn't the best night because I couldn't muster up the courage to ask the girl I really wanted to go with. But it was definitely awesome. Not a waste of money at all, you need to be at your senior prom, it's one of those rights of passage in high school in my opinion. Oh and definitely don't skimp on a limo, well actually I didn't get a limo now that i think about it, but we rented an Escalade or something like that... What I'm saying is, just don't go in your beater of a car. Get prom is an excuse to be extravagant, because it only happens once (usually... i mean you could flunk senior year... or maybe your school has a junior and senior prom...)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
My 5th grade sucked, but that was actually expected. Spent most of the night with my friends eating all the pizza. My 8th grade prom was an entirely different party. I never danced so wildly and it is still possibly the greatest night of my life. Can't wait 'til 12th grade prom!

Back