PDA

View Full Version : Hm... o_O

BakingBluePotatoe
May 25th, 2008, 2:29 AM
Since I take it almost everywhere and have had it for several months, my Talking Piplup doll has gotten quite dirty...

I want to clean it somehow... I can't put it in the wash or it'll destroy the voice box D=

so what should I do?

fade101
May 25th, 2008, 2:37 AM
LOL!! you must be desperate for an advice/suggestion/answer lmao...
Hmm... cant you like take out the voice box coz some talking dolls have like a zip or sumthin to take the voice box out. Have you check it out yet? If you cant, then you just have to live with that dirty doll...

DavyJones4our
May 25th, 2008, 3:24 AM
Take a bath with it, I'm sure it'd like that, or you could just buy a new one? *evil grin*

El Gofre
May 25th, 2008, 3:52 AM
If the voic box is not removable, you're best bet is to use a damp sponge and hand wash it. Rinse out the majority of the water first though, the rest should be absorbed before it reaches the electronic parts.

Ichikool
May 25th, 2008, 3:46 PM
You could probably just wipe it with a wash cloth. It might not do much, but it won't hurt the voice box. :P

Ludger
May 25th, 2008, 4:11 PM
You have one of those?!?! All that's left around here is Chimchar and stupid Turtwig. -shot-

I guess just give him/her a sponge bath.

-wants a talking Piplup plushie now-

-and all Eeveelution plushies-

Tabatha
May 25th, 2008, 4:26 PM
A sponge bath is probably the best idea.....and =( I want a talking pokemon doll

Astinus
May 25th, 2008, 8:39 PM
I just checked the "tush tag" of my talking Chimchar plushie, and it says "surface wash only". This means that you do not submerge your plushie in any way under water, not even a small stream from the sink. What you do instead is take either a wash cloth or an old toothbrush/finger brush and wet that to clean your plushie.

As for soap, use a mild dish detergent diluted (mixed) with water to make it weaker. It'll still work, but you won't have to rinse so much. While using the cloth/brush, brush the soap in following the direction the cloth takes on the plush. When it comes time to rinse, also use the brush to do that.

For drying, roll the plush in a towel to absorb any excess water, and then allow it to air dry.

And take extra care around the location of the voice box.

BakingBluePotatoe
May 26th, 2008, 1:58 AM
You have one of those?!?! All that's left around here is Chimchar and stupid Turtwig. -shot-

I guess just give him/her a sponge bath.

-wants a talking Piplup plushie now-

-and all Eeveelution plushies-
Yeah, Turty sucks =< (dunno WHY 'Laynee' likes it so much o_O)
I was originally going to get a Chimchar, but I saw there was only like one or two Piplups and I thought "hey, look, they only have one Piplup... poor thing"

A sponge bath is probably the best idea.....and =( I want a talking pokemon doll
then go to Target, I'm SURE they'll have one (I got mine there)

I just checked the "tush tag" of my talking Chimchar plushie, and it says "surface wash only". This means that you do not submerge your plushie in any way under water, not even a small stream from the sink. What you do instead is take either a wash cloth or an old toothbrush/finger brush and wet that to clean your plushie.

As for soap, use a mild dish detergent diluted (mixed) with water to make it weaker. It'll still work, but you won't have to rinse so much. While using the cloth/brush, brush the soap in following the direction the cloth takes on the plush. When it comes time to rinse, also use the brush to do that.

For drying, roll the plush in a towel to absorb any excess water, and then allow it to air dry.

And take extra care around the location of the voice box.

well, that seems to make it a little better! Thank you!

@ DavyJones4our: I was actually thinking of "evolving" it, but I'm still not sure...

DavyJones4our
May 27th, 2008, 2:41 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot they have Prinplup and such available now.