PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Favorite Useless Pokemon?!

AJ™
May 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
You know them, you love them!
Which useless pokemon is your favorite?!

Ichikool
May 27th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I don't care what people will say, but I love that little wierd fish, Magikarp. ;D

AJ™
May 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah :3
Not just cause its lovable.
but cause it evolves into something that can blow peoples heads off.

CharizardMaster
May 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Rattata because it was my first ever shiny.

AJ™
May 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Mine was Golbat, but hes not useless!

Acrutheo
May 28th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Out of the given pokemon, rattata. It's not too bad (in-game at least), and has a reasonably diverse range of moves.

MetalMEB
May 28th, 2008, 01:09 AM
My vote goes to Caterpie. Just for the memories I have of watching the old school anime. Caterpie was awesome.

The_G'
May 28th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Go my worthless Magikarp . Pernally I think its the most worthless pokemon .

Lackey
May 28th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I love both Caterpie and Magikarp, both evolve into very beautiful Pokemon.

But most useless vote goes to Wurple for me, personally I find that both its evolvutions even aren't so great.

AJ™
May 28th, 2008, 03:05 AM
I'm surprised there are none for bidoof xD

Slave to the Poké-Rave
May 28th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I vote bidoof. It looks like it was about to be hit by a truck, which in all fairness, it should be.

Superjub
May 28th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Magikarp because its so useless and floppy :3
Plus it evolves into a cute pokemon XD

Wigglytuff
May 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I voted caterpie, because I remember him in the anime ^_^ Plus I like butterfree~ But I do love bidoof!

ErickaVolt
May 28th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I like Magikarp. But umm.. Caterpie is not useless. I like how it evolves faster. Than any Pokemon.

Yame Legend
May 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Magicarp will always be the best!!!!!!!!!!

Soot & Stars
May 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Quagsire.

He's one of my all-time favorites...but he's totally obsolete in battle.

Crimson Arcanine
May 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Definately Rattata. I like rodents a lot, and of course rattata is a rat (despite the newer gen. pokedex call it a mouse). Plus I have some fond memories of using Rattata in R/B/Y

Aikoh
May 28th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Rattata and Bidoof are not only my least favorite "useless" Pokémon but are also among my least favorite Pokémon in general because they are so common that they make a nuisance of themselves. I would stop hunting for Pokémon in a certain area once four or five Rattata and Bidoof started showing up because by that point it's obvious that the chance of anything else showing up was pretty slim and I hated walking through grassy routes because I would be bombarded with 'em when all I wanted to do was get to the next town. Though, I have to say that something about Bidoof irritates me even more than Rattata, so Diamond and Pearl has actually made me somewhat appreciate Rattata :3

I can stand the other three. But my favorite of them is definitely Caterpie. It wasn't a terribly strong rookie's Pokémon in its first stage, and was even more useless as a Metapod, and I gave up on evolving it into a Butterfree numerous times because it was such a long process (I didn't like the idea of not being able to battle with Metapod at the time because I was really lazy and I usually caught them in Viridian Forest long before I was able to get Exp. Share). But, man, I have fond memories of the first time a Metapod of mine evolved into a Butterfree. And it was well worth the wait too!

Toblerone
May 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Definitely Mapgikarp. In all the games all it does is splash about.. grr.

Jak
May 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Oooo...everything's so useless, I don't know who to choose!! :D

It's a tie between Wurmple, Magikarp, and Caterpie. But I'll vote Wurmple...he ain't gettin' too much attention.

AJ™
May 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Wurmple i think is the most useless of all

Caterpie - Evolves into a fair Butterfree
Ratata - Has some decent speed
Magikarp - Evolves into GYARADOS
Bidoof - Evolves into everyones favorite HM slave, Bibarel!
Wurmple - Evolves into the COMPLETELY AS USELESS AS IT, Beautifly

Motsuko Live
May 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I don't care what people will say, but I love that little wierd fish, Magikarp. ;D

Aha! Maybe the wrong time possibly event the wrong site but seeing this post reminded me of this video.

... See this? This means you can't touch meh... : >
Don't click if you're offended by swearing... or have a life (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/377178)

I like Magikarp. But umm.. Caterpie is not useless. I like how it evolves faster. Than any Pokemon.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Wurmple evolves at the exact same levels as Caterpie '-.-

Anyway, where's Dunsparce!? That thing is so worthless! xD
But, given the choices above, I voted for Caterpie. It would have been Magikarp, but after watching that video, I see now what it's use is; to amuse meh : D

AJ™
May 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
But...
dunsparce is COOL.
and TOTALLY not useless

Valarauca
May 29th, 2008, 03:31 PM
magikarp get it at mount moon have a gyrados before 3rd gym (FTW)

PikachuEX
May 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Caterpie. Having a Butterfree at the first gym in Yellow always helped. But it's not useless. I like it, and I hate all useless Pokémon, that means you, Dunsparce.

kazuya.
May 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Voted for Caterpie. Anime magic. XD

Anyway Bidoof and Bibarel are getting on my nerves... I don't know why.

Motsuko Live
May 30th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Voted for Caterpie. Anime magic. XD

Anyway Bidoof and Bibarel are getting on my nerves... I don't know why.

Yush, I agree with you xD

Seeing as Pokemon appear a lot more often in D/P than in previous generations, and over half of them being Bidoofs/Bibarels, they can be rather extremely annoying.

But they are good for... what is it? HP EV training? Yes, I believe it's HP.

AJ™
May 30th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Yush, I agree with you xD

Seeing as Pokemon appear a lot more often in D/P than in previous generations, and over half of them being Bidoofs/Bibarels, they can be rather extremely annoying.

But they are good for... what is it? HP EV training? Yes, I believe it's HP.

All of them give EVs,
so don't go by EVs!!!

Motsuko Live
May 30th, 2008, 04:10 PM
All of them give EVs,
so don't go by EVs!!!

... >.> wtf? lol
I wasn't "going by EV's", I was merely stating that the only good thing Bidoofs/Bibarels are good for are HP EV training.

I don't even fully understand you reply xD

AJ™
May 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
... >.> wtf? lol
I wasn't "going by EV's", I was merely stating that the only good thing Bidoofs/Bibarels are good for are HP EV training.

I don't even fully understand you reply xD

Oh!!
I thought you were rating them on what EVs they give you.
sorry x]

Kaiyori
May 30th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I don't think anyone would disagree, that they find magikarp's splash humourous.

vano-m
May 31st, 2008, 04:26 AM
Magicarp! WHY! WHY! Why didn`t he evolve into Gyrados! I mean James`s Magicarp. I wish Team Rocket to have just one powerful Pokemon.

Anty
May 31st, 2008, 03:21 PM
I love my worthless/useless pokemon, Magikarp.

Hip-And-Happenin
May 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
I likes me some Bidoff, so there.

Haseo115
May 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM
I would say caterpie because it becomes butterfree but ratata isn't useless with some strategy it can be good

SuperLink
June 1st, 2008, 03:33 AM
Magikarp is a total legend :3 Shame he evolves into the rather crappy Gyarados. ;D

peteb
June 1st, 2008, 03:38 AM
Magikarp all the way. I am preying for a baby Magikarp in the next generation!

SuperLink
June 1st, 2008, 03:39 AM
Oh god it would be the definition of "pointlessly awesome" o_o

peteb
June 1st, 2008, 03:42 AM
I would have one in my team just so people could marvel at my greatness!

SuperLink
June 1st, 2008, 03:49 AM
Make sure it's level 100 and only knows the weakest attack possible. I'm actually half expecting it to have something like Sweet Kiss/Pound, and then, LEARN Splash when it evolves. Would be ironic, but I don't doubt it'll happen for some reason.

vano-m
June 1st, 2008, 04:05 AM
I would say caterpie because it becomes butterfree but ratata isn't useless with some strategy it can be good
Against Charisard? No!))))

blu3mark3r
June 1st, 2008, 04:06 AM
You know them, you love them!
Which useless pokemon is your favorite?!

BUIZEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mountainred
June 1st, 2008, 04:17 AM
Wurmple i think is the most useless of all

Caterpie - Evolves into a fair Butterfree
Ratata - Has some decent speed
Magikarp - Evolves into GYARADOS
Bidoof - Evolves into everyones favorite HM slave, Bibarel!
Wurmple - Evolves into the COMPLETELY AS USELESS AS IT, Beautifly

Wurmple can evolve into dustox.
Anyway.....,.....I think Magikarp are cute & dumb, which (not so)suddenly evolves into GYARADOS, as you said.

AJ™
June 1st, 2008, 07:30 AM
BUIZEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buizel is totally not useless!

Saryka
June 1st, 2008, 10:12 AM
I always thought Rattata was kinda cute, even though it evolves into Raticate... -shudders-

I've always had a special place in my heart for Rattata, so I voted for it in the poll. The only thing wrong with Rattata is that it evolves into that hideous Raticate. XD;

AJ™
June 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
I always thought Rattata was kinda cute, even though it evolves into Raticate... -shudders-

I've always had a special place in my heart for Rattata, so I voted for it in the poll. The only thing wrong with Rattata is that it evolves into that hideous Raticate. XD;

I'd like to see Raticate evolve into some huge black sewer rat XD

Apathetic_Yen
June 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Magikarp for sure. He's just goofy to look at. But you definately forgot to put Sunkern in there, worst stats of any pokemon.

.Socks
June 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Magikarp obviously takes the cake.

Tré
June 1st, 2008, 08:17 PM
well ma favourite is caterpie...why?? because i love butterfree so much....

smile!
June 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Bidoof... It's so cute =3
And I've never tries chaining so I don't know how frustrating it gets when Bidoof breaks your chain ^^;

Moonlit Umbreon
June 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
My favourite worthless PKMN? Well, it'd have to be cute little Caterpie, It's eyes are what win me over. ^^

Obito.
June 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
margikarp because it evolved into garados!

AJ™
June 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
I had the strangest feeling when i started this thread, magikarp would win!

BeachBoy
June 5th, 2008, 06:43 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa412.png
Burmy is awesome, and owns every other useless Pokémon out there. And he has various cloaks too. :O I do like Caterpie as well, but Choice Specs Burmy is epic win.

The_G'
June 5th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I browsed this thread and wondered How the HELL is a GYARADOS that is very strong and USEful be cuddly and addorable.

Anyways , Now I have a tie. A magikarp and a wurmple. I must with everyone its evo is preety much worthless.

Slave to the Poké-Rave
June 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
magikarp get it at mount moon have a gyrados before 3rd gym (FTW)

I had gyrados before 2nd gy, first pokemon against all trainers in mt moon and nugget bridge and that route.

FTW

Dark Banette
June 5th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I'de say Magikarp. It evolves into one of the best Pokemon, Gyrados. Although, Ratata's evolution isn't bad. It is way better than Butterfree and Beutifly. (Caterpie's and Wurmple's evolutions) They are bugs, and we all know bugs aren't the most useful Pokemon types around. And Bifdoof isn't horrible. It just lacks the "awesome" factor. And it isn't mighty powerful either.
Overall, Magikarp would come first, then Ratata, and finally Bidoof. Leaving the bugs at the bottom. But that is just my opinion.

AJ™
June 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'de say Magikarp. It evolves into one of the best Pokemon, Gyrados. Although, Ratata's evolution isn't bad. It is way better than Butterfree and Beutifly. (Caterpie's and Wurmple's evolutions) They are bugs, and we all know bugs aren't the most useful Pokemon types around. And Bifdoof isn't horrible. It just lacks the "awesome" factor. And it isn't mighty powerful either.
Overall, Magikarp would come first, then Ratata, and finally Bidoof. Leaving the bugs at the bottom. But that is just my opinion.

I agree, Bidoof is kind of cute, in a freakish way.
But completely useless.

Mitchman
June 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Magikarp. But if talking bout having a useless pokemon it goes to shaymin.Sure legendary but usless. I love it so much though.

Sora_8920
June 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Not putting in FailLuvdisc is taboo.

Anyway, looking at the options; one word: Magicrap. D:

Magmortified
June 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Let us all not forget... Sunkern! With the lowest Base Stat Total in the game! =D

Remember when I said Arceus would have an opposite in the fifth gen? No need! Sunkern's already about as opposite as you're going to get! =D

Meilynn
June 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Magikarp! :D Mainly because it evolves into gyarados, and gyarados is one of my favourites ^^

AJ™
June 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Let us all not forget... Sunkern! With the lowest Base Stat Total in the game! =D

Remember when I said Arceus would have an opposite in the fifth gen? No need! Sunkern's already about as opposite as you're going to get! =D

Don't forget its almost uber evo, SUNFLORA!

.Bastion
June 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
The title and the poll are paradoxical.

My favorite useless pokemon on the poll is Bidoof. XD
The most useless pokemon would have to be Magikarp.

Dunsparce
June 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM
They are bugs, and we all know bugs aren't the most useful Pokemon types around.

Heracross, Forretress, Scizor, Ninjask, and Megayanma resent that statement.

Oh, and so do I. :/

.Eevee-Chan
June 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I like Wurmple somehow,it looks so slow. XD :)
Maybe because it looks so cuddly.

LoRd Of Ze BallS
June 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Well I just LOVE Bidoof. Even if he is a little weird. But still Dunsparce should be on that list. He would SO TOTALLY have my vote!!!! But until then my heart belongs to Bidoof.

Tsuin
June 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM
It's gotta be Magicarp. When I was playing Blue for the first time and a Magicarp used splash, the game saying "But nothing happened!" just made me crack up. It's so beautifully useless, it's amazing.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 12th, 2008, 04:28 PM
It would have to be Magikarp since thats the only one I can think of now

:t354:TG

Saltare.
June 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM
personally, i think Magikarp is most useless cause if you don't have tons of Rare Candies on hand, it doesn't evolve. I have a Magikarp in my Fire Red and I beat the game and my Magikarp never evolved so its a waste of time trying to catch it and evolve it into a Gyardos. That's why you should trade it to and emerald, sapphire, ruby, leafgreen or something like that, acsess Pal Park in Diamond/pearl and send the Magikarp to your DS game and level it up and use it there. That's what I did.

And Bidoof has some great uses. It can learn the following HM moves:

Rock Smash
Rock Climb
Cut
Surf
Waterfall
Strength

maybe more, but that's all I can think of. And Wurmple evolves into Silcoon/Cascoon and i thought Cascoon/Silcoon are really rare cause when I encountered one in Petalburg woods in my Emerald, the screen was diffrent that normal so seemed rare.

Maybe Rattata is useless, but not as useless as Magikarp!

And last but not least, Caterpie. That has to be my fave bug pokemon in Kanto. I love its big eyes and it evolves into Butterfree. So if you like that kinda pokemon, it might not be useless...

Katnip
June 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I voted for Wurmple. At least evolving Magikrap is worth my time.