PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

super onii chan
May 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
every time i try to catch a pokemon i hold on the A kinda hard, not to hard for the the A button to go in. Dose anyone else do this?

Ooka
May 28th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I just don't push any buttons at all. I've always had success doing it.

Starway
May 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
i acually do i think it works but im not sure i need to hear everyoen else bout it though lol

True Justice
May 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I know what you mean. I heard some rumor where if you hold the A button at the right time, the catch becomes 100%. I know now that it's fake but sometimes, I'll still find myself holding the button.

super onii chan
May 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
well for some reason it gives me "luck" ive done like a experiment and i had a esier time catching pokemon holding A

Starway
May 28th, 2008, 03:58 PM
You know i haven't really noticed that i've pressed A a lot so i think it gives you luck but its sure helped when i was catching the legendaries.

the_gurpster
May 28th, 2008, 04:02 PM
some one told me it helps but wat helps for me is to look away :) i never looke at the pokemon i am trying to get i dont know why but i do

Horizon
May 28th, 2008, 04:02 PM
This belongs better in Pokemon General, as it could be applied to all generations.

*moves*

Starway
May 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Deano you doubled posted........but you must of lagged so i dont balme you
back to the topic......i think holding A works ive done it ever since i started playing pokemon.

Sora_8920
May 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
This belongs better in Pokemon General, as it could be applied to all generations.

*moves*

Just to let you know, you double-posted. xD

Anyway, yeah, I used to press the buttons.

NitroZ3R0
May 28th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I always held the A button really hard when catching pokemon especially when I played the older games.
Nowdays Ive broken the habit but I do sometimes do a combination of holding A just as the pokeball closes on the pokemon and then holding down as the ball hits the ground.

Azonic
May 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM
It sounds hard to believe that pressing the A-button repeatedly actually heightens the chances of you catching a pokemon. I am not sure if I believe it or not, but I always will find myself repeatedly tapping the A-button whenever I attempt to capture a legendary. After numerous times of experimenting, I truly find it hard to believe that pressing the A-button does not increase the chances of capture. A friend told me once that tapping the button in the PokeBall on your TouchScreen functions like the A-button does upon capture. I don't hold the button down, but I repeatedly tap the button, along with the TouchScreen's PokeBall. I personally think it works.

LaurenLOVESTONED
May 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM
i tap the a button repeatedly, no i don't think it works but it's sort of like a habit of nervousness

super onii chan
May 28th, 2008, 04:24 PM
It sounds hard to believe that pressing the A-button repeatedly actually heightens the chances of you catching a pokemon. I am not sure if I believe it or not, but I always will find myself repeatedly tapping the A-button whenever I attempt to capture a legendary. After numerous times of experimenting, I truly find it hard to believe that pressing the A-button does not increase the chances of capture. A friend told me once that tapping the button in the PokeBall on your TouchScreen functions like the A-button does upon capture. I don't hold the button down, but I repeatedly tap the button, along with the TouchScreen's PokeBall. I personally think it works.

my friend dose that..he takes his ds stick and starts taping the bottom screen i tried but it dosent help me "or so my mind think"

ErickaVolt
May 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
This is just a theory. Though, when I was a kid I keep on holding B while capturing. Doesn't work, really.

Motsuko Live
May 28th, 2008, 05:27 PM
For some reason, I find that if my DS is in my hands, I can't catch the Pokemon. So I'll put it down on a desk or something as soon as I throw a Pokeball.

I've also heard that if you whisper/mutter "Gotcha!" into the mic on the DS at a certain time, the catch rate increases by some 75% or so. Probably just a rumor, though. -.-

Hazuki
May 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I only hold down the buttons if one of my Pokemon's move has low accuracy. But for catching rare legendaries, I just spin the Pokeball in the touch screen. Yeah I know it sounds retarded by my brother and I tried it and it works nearly every time.... oO;;

MetalMEB
May 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I've also heard that if you whisper/mutter "Gotcha!" into the mic on the DS at a certain time, the catch rate increases by some 75% or so. Probably just a rumor, though. -.- LoL I doubt that xD Probably just a joke or something...

Um... I press different buttons, sometimes holding A, down, up, sideways, and other buttons and sometimes I hold both B and A. It never works. But I end up doing it anyway >_>

Heh, it's a habit.

Acrutheo
May 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I don't, because it doesn't help me catch the desired pokemon. Since I've seen no credible evidence that it works, I assume it's just a rumor.

El Gofre
May 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
People always think up brand new rituals. None of which work by the way. I've found tapping A and B alternately like a crazy fool works best for me ;)

Mitchman
May 29th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Ι smash the button away. But with diamond I do the speech thing.

Avey
May 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
every time i try to catch a pokemon i hold on the A kinda hard, not to hard for the the A button to go in. Dose anyone else do this?

No. Some people have their own little rituals that they think will make them catch a Pokemon more easily, but I wouldn't believe any of them. Nintendo and GameFreak wouldn't do something like that.

Alli
May 29th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Doesn't work for me.

My cousin claims it works, and my brother tries to go along with it...but it doesn't work for him, either. So he quit doing that.

However, I find it helpful for catching Shadow Pokemon if you do a little dance while singing. I'm not kidding. :D It works for me.

super onii chan
May 29th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Doesn't work for me.

My cousin claims it works, and my brother tries to go along with it...but it doesn't work for him, either. So he quit doing that.

However, I find it helpful for catching Shadow Pokemon if you do a little dance while singing. I'm not kidding. :D It works for me.

lol i might try that for enjoyment

Alli
May 29th, 2008, 07:47 AM
lol i might try that for enjoyment

The dance thing? xD My brother thought I had to pee when he first saw that. But hey, I got five out of six on Greevil's Pokemon the first try. Must work. ;D

Oh, a vice versa to the A button trick, when I press it, it lets them out. Quite useful if you accidently throw a PokeBall at Oddish in the Safari Zone.

Starway
May 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM

ive acually heard of osme people clicking the A button continously i used to do that acaully thne i changed the habit

DavyJones4our
May 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I've always done Down + B, and regardless if it works or not, I still do it because I'm superstitious like that.

Cassino
May 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
It's a curious rumour that I believe started with holding B and down. I've even spent the effort to see the effect of the select button on catch chance.

I don't think it works at all, it's probably just a false thing started by mass E-mail, like that 9/11 hoax (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/wingdings-911.html).

Kaiyori
May 30th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I've never really believed in all those rumors. Nor do I believe in the word luck, I prefer to call it 'Chance'. So I just sit and watch when I attempt at catching a pokemon.

SBaby
May 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I thought it only worked for the RBY versions. I thought they removed that from the new ones.

super onii chan
May 31st, 2008, 06:22 AM
I've never really believed in all those rumors. Nor do I believe in the word luck, I prefer to call it 'Chance'. So I just sit and watch when I attempt at catching a pokemon.

yea but isnt there a part of you that if you do something crazy with the game it will catch it. it most likely isnt true but i would like to think that. even if i dont think that, i still find myself doing becaue ive been doing since r/b/y. so its a force of habit for me mainly

The_G'
May 31st, 2008, 06:45 AM
My friend belives that thing , I thought it was stupid but when I cant catch Rayquaza , I pressed the A button repeatedly and I caught it , thats when I started pressing it. (I'm stupid arent I ?)

Amaruuk
June 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
I remember way back with Red and Blue that I heard from someone that holding up + A increased catching ability and also gave a higher critical hit ratio. I knew it wasn't true but I always did it anyway, and still do, though now it's gotten to where I just hold A.

It's funny how a silly rumor so easily becomes a habit even if it's clearly no more than a rumor.

tkay1493
June 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
I hold down A+B and move the Dpad over depending which way the pokeball goes.
its works for me 90% of the time =]