View Full Version : This should be scrapped!

May 29th, 2008, 6:37 AM
List features from the Pokémon world you think Nintendo should just get rid off for how ridiculous it is.

I think the Safari Zone is a big waste of time and luck for me, plus a fabulous source of frustration. They should bring back the park contest in GSC.

Events. Nintendo isn't proud enough of having Pokémon fans from all corners of the globe to allow them access to every Pokémon?

The sillyness of having three judges and the luck-based appeal round in DP contests. Bring back RSE contest effects and combos!

May 29th, 2008, 6:43 AM
lol, agree. Safari in D/P is useless since Palpark is there. I think it would be better trading than capturing in Safari Zone. Plus the mud thingy in Safari Zone is very stressful. You always get stuck.

May 29th, 2008, 9:38 AM
Well, Nintendo is always getting more and more ideas. They probably just think that they should try this idea and bring down another idea. The Safari Zone in D/P is quite challenging, I admit, because of the trains, different times, and the mud, but hey, it's the game play. Not your problem, not their problem. The contest in GSC was pretty good, and I kind of miss it too. But it's fustrating when you don't win anything and all you get is a Pokemon you already caught. I mean, it gets annoying after you caught the same Pokemon over and over again and yet you can release them after that. Even so, it's a waste of Pokeballs too.

Virtual Chatot
May 29th, 2008, 9:56 AM
DP Contests are wastes of time unless you're a ribbon junky.

I miss the good old RSE Contests -_-

May 29th, 2008, 9:58 AM
How about the idea that they need more legendaries for every generation? They added 100 Pokes for gen 4, and about 90 of them were legendary! [/sarcasm]

May 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Contests...I wish they were more like the anime contests. It'd be a lot more fun. DP contests are...weird. I like RSE ones better. -huggles Elliot and his three smart ribbons-

As for the Safari Zone, I wish there was more diversity, like in RBY. That would be great. I remember screaming when I found something rare.

Events never hit me where I am. That's why so many people resort to Action Replay. >.>

That's about all I can think of for now. Everything else is fine with me.

Motsuko Live
May 29th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I agree they should get rid of events, but saying they don't care about their numerous fans all over the world is a bit much... why do you think wifi came into play?

... this is just here so I don't get an infraction
Anyway, the first time I participated in the catching contest of GSC was probably the time I had my first orgasm.
'-.- Sarcasm, obviously. But they were pretty nifty...

I think they should ditch the "dancing" part of the Pokemon contests in D/P. Like, wtf? I train a Pokemon for a contest, expecting everything to go as planned; the same routine as the contests in RSE. Then I find out I have to dance!? What the hell is that?

Jkbutya... it's kinda stupid, if you ask me;
Oh, wait! You did... :o

May 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I think they should remove the two versions per generation (followed by a later third that mixes the two together and adds a few extras), and just make one as to be done with it so they can move on and whatnot. It's just a money-making strategy they really don't need to bother with. :/
Then again, every Nintendo game is a duplicate of its predecessor (with a few exceptions), while there's no angry mob complaining thus far...

Even so, it's a waste of Pokeballs too.
For the Park's contest, you actually get given Park Balls (fourty of them to be exact), or something to that effect, so none of the player's balls are 'wasted'.