PDA

View Full Version : how did ya discover pokemon? ah?

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
July 30th, 2004, 03:37 PM
i discovered like six years ago.my father was in a business trip and when he went back he gived me and my little brother blue and red versions. i was confused, but soon it was one of my favorite things.

how do ya?

July 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM
i'm confused about that too, but i think questions like this should be here na?

any mod....if this is in tha wrong place move it please....

oni flygon
July 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I played Blue Version. End of story...XD

Super Torchic
July 30th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I saw it when I was looking at the tv and I came across ASH catcning pigeyotto so I decided to watch.

Pogiforce-14
July 30th, 2004, 04:14 PM
i was actually introduced to it through a demo tape from Nintendo. But as soon as I got the tape i wrote it off as something stupid. Over the next few weeks my sister had told me about the cartoon. I watched my demo tape, watched a few episodes and found I was interested. I bought a video and few cards and it continued on from there.

Rift
July 30th, 2004, 04:23 PM
actually...ya this would probably go better in...well...i would say Pokemon Genderal...

~Moved~

Sapphire
July 30th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Genderal? XD
I was waiting for my sisters friend to pick us up to go to school, and i was clicking through channels and I found it. It was so kawaii! : D I had seen the commercials, but never really understood it..

Pichu
July 30th, 2004, 04:41 PM
oh... I started listen it in summer 1999. It started by my brothers. They liked Pokemon, not me. Than my brother forced me to watch it. Than the pokemon that I liked is Pikachu. So I started to watch it more and more... Now my brothers don't like Pokemon, but they play games sometimes. The reason of my brothers is it's always the same time. Team Rocket always wants Pikachu. They always failed. When Pikachu fall down of the balloon, he's always being catch by Ash and he never fall next to Ash, always in his arms. One thing I have to admit is it's getting boring with Team Rocket.

Greed
July 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I discovered Pokemon when I was around ten years old. Oo; I discovered it when my dad brought me a lil handhld pinball game. It had the Pokemon label, so I became interested. oO;

But now I'm pretty much over with Pokemon, its boring. x.x; I just like the games, that's it. Oh, and the hot guys on Pokemon. >3 Mostly the gym leaders. XD; I really now dislike Ash for some reason o.o;

*dies*

Pogiforce-14
July 30th, 2004, 05:43 PM
oh... I started listen it in summer 1999. It started by my brothers. They liked Pokemon, not me. Than my brother forced me to watch it. Than the pokemon that I liked is Pikachu. So I started to watch it more and more... Now my brothers don't like Pokemon, but they play games sometimes. The reason of my brothers is it's always the same time. Team Rocket always wants Pikachu. They always failed. When Pikachu fall down of the balloon, he's always being catch by Ash and he never fall next to Ash, always in his arms. One thing I have to admit is it's getting boring with Team Rocket.

A friend of mine known as Mullet up here is thinking the sme thing. The redundancy of Team Rocket seems to ruin the show.

BladeForever
July 30th, 2004, 06:12 PM
*thinks* The first time I've seen pokemon was when I moved here to Florida... which was about 8 years ago. Anyway's about 1-2 years later I was looking through the T.V channels, and came across Pokemon... The first episode I saw that day was when Misty, and Ash were on there way to deliver medicine to some pokemon center for some sick pokemon. I think it was the one when they were stoped by a bike gang on a bridge...

~Blade~

Pichu
July 30th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I really now dislike Ash for some reason o.o;

:P Not a hot guy right? And not a gym leader?

Imakuni?
July 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM
i was walking through a toy store. i saw pokemon. then i rented a video. i was in heaven,

DeathMetal Anarchist
July 30th, 2004, 06:36 PM
My big broth gave me red version

FlamingFireDragon
July 31st, 2004, 06:17 AM
I played the Blue version first so than I decided to watch the T.V show and than I got hooked.

Houndour2004
July 31st, 2004, 07:06 AM
When the first Pokemon episodes, and the Gameboy Pokemon games came to Denmark in spring 1999.

Shana
July 31st, 2004, 07:41 AM
I discovered it a few years ago by watching the first season anime. :)

Pincushion
July 31st, 2004, 08:45 AM
The t.v and all the merchainside, I first saw the anime, when i was about 6, 6 years ago actually, I was in love..with Pokemon, and i still love it now! Also Ash ans Squirtle are the best..ash is so hot..

Pounce
July 31st, 2004, 09:51 AM
I saw the TV show on UPN (before it came to WB >p) and at first I thought "eh this is kind of dumb" just by glancing at it, but then my sister got into it and had me watch some episodes... I was like, this is kind of cute and addicting! so for my birthday I got a gameboy pocket and pokemon red. mind you this was all in 5th grade, I'm now about to go into 11th 9_9

Mew13
July 31st, 2004, 11:45 AM
I discovered Pokemon waaay back when I was in the 5th grade. My lil sis brought home a few cards one of her classmates gave her (Pikachu, Ekans, and Pidgey) and gave the Ekans to me.

I was soon totally addicted. I bought more and more. Soon, I had the cards, games, and even a few videos (since I don't get the WB)

I am still as obsessed as I was then!

Pogiforce-14
July 31st, 2004, 01:42 PM
I saw the TV show on UPN (before it came to WB >p) and at first I thought "eh this is kind of dumb" just by glancing at it, but then my sister got into it and had me watch some episodes... I was like, this is kind of cute and addicting! so for my birthday I got a gameboy pocket and pokemon red. mind you this was all in 5th grade, I'm now about to go into 11th 9_9

Not to argue, but pokemon started on wb. It hasn't been anywhere else except cartoon network and that is only rescently.

BigBoss
August 3rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah he's right........ I discovered pokemon when My Friend and his cousin traded pokemon cards, and I was like ah, whatever, but when he got blue and his cousin got red, and I played it, I wanted it. I bought Blue, got the cards and got hooked. I sold my pokemon cards a long time ago, when nobody cared about the cards anymore.

August 3rd, 2004, 12:36 PM
I got it like this:

I was leaving school (1'st grade) Until I found a Pokemon Blue version near the bus stop! I had a GameBoy Color! So I played it at home and that was when I started to like Pokemon! I was the first one to have it in my neighborhood! So then I told my friend about it then my friend told other people and so on it went through my neighborhood. I got to learn about the cards right after I found Blue! Then I got to know the games for other station than GB. Then I got to know about G/S/C. Then I learned about the GBA and then Ruby/Sapp. Then I learned about GBASP and the Colloseum and so on... That's how I got it!

zsun_44
August 3rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
i discovered pokemon in 1998, when i watched the first episode of the anime.

bass sp
August 3rd, 2004, 07:50 PM
i discovered it when i was seeing dragon ball. Then my cousin got some cards and he gived the blastoise to me and i became adicted now i have 3 familiars playing cards so coooool.

Pounce
August 4th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Not to argue, but pokemon started on wb. It hasn't been anywhere else except cartoon network and that is only rescently.

no, sorry. the first 40 episodes were shown on UPN before they were given to the WB. I know what I'm talking about. I taped them all as well, so I can go back and watch them and see the little UPN logo in the corner. o_o; maybe it was only where I live or something similar, but yes, they were.

Simon
August 6th, 2004, 05:13 AM
I discovered Pokemon from...Target? I was just buying a new game and it caught my eye. I bought Red version caused I liked dragons at the time and though the game was about killing monsters. What a disappointment

ryan
August 6th, 2004, 11:01 AM
no, sorry. the first 40 episodes were shown on UPN before they were given to the WB. I know what I'm talking about. I taped them all as well, so I can go back and watch them and see the little UPN logo in the corner. o_o; maybe it was only where I live or something similar, but yes, they were.
it was originaly on UPN where i live too
but i found pokemon out from a friend of mine who asked me if i was going to buy it before i even knew what it was. (this' before it was released) and i said i dunno, and then he bough it (blue version) the first or second day it was released and i saw him play it, it looked awesome, and i bought it later that week.

Jay
August 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I saw a commercial.

That's all I just checked it out and bought the games.

thelastmen
August 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM
i was watching tv, kidwb and there it was pokemon, it was so cool

Jay
August 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I seriously hate the show.

I hate ash and his stupid rat.

Ice demon
August 6th, 2004, 07:26 PM
lol my friends gave me some cards and it just took of from there ^_^

Amy-chan
August 8th, 2004, 07:22 AM
It was 1998 and I was 6 years old. I had gone to Milwaukee to see some relatives and was watching TV when I saw the first three episodes of Pokemon. I've loved it ever since. I remember pretending my grandmother's pillows were Pikachu to the point where I nearly ripped one and had to get an actual Pikachu plushie. LOL. And I don't think Pikachu is a stupid rat but I don't like to argue so I won't say any more on the subject.

Flaming Torchic
August 8th, 2004, 08:49 AM
One day when I went over to my friends house, he had a copy of Pokemon Red, and was playing it in his room. I was curious as to what it was, so I while I watching him play it, I asked what it is, and he said Pokemon Red (duh =p). After observing him play it, and even play it myself for a while, I got really interested in it and asked my dad if I could get it for my 9th birthday (I think it was my 9th birthday, but I'm not exactly sure). Well, to my surprise, my friend was the one who got it for me! But it was POkemon Blue, not Red.

And that's the story about how I came to discover Pokemon..

Bastiko Pradhana
August 8th, 2004, 11:27 AM
The year was 1999, and I was 11 years old. I was in 5th grade, and I was playing in the schoolyard. I saw a couple other kids on a bench, and they were playing their GBs. Having been a GB fan for a few years, I was curious to see what they were playing, and I was excited to see what it was. I had never seen this type of game play before- walking around and battling. Over the course of a few days, I continued to check out what they were playing. It then occurred to me that I could be playing the game at home, and I asked them what the game was - it was Pokmon Blue. I asked them if I could give the game a try, and I think I was able to capture a Psyduck on my first try. That event led to me buying the game which then led to discovering the TV show. That's how I discovered Pokmon - I don't think I'll ever regret it.

Tesla7zap
August 10th, 2004, 06:12 PM
I saw it in a club nintendo magazine i think and became interested.... **** it was so long ago since the first game released! when was it ? :S

Splashing Mew
August 11th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Eh I discovered pokemon some 5-6 or so years ago... I was in 3rd grade and my friends were talking about his weird cartoon with these monsters called pokemon. They said it be on at like 6 in the morning every day so I decided to catch an episode. The rest, as they say, is history.

~Splash

Ganon
August 11th, 2004, 10:10 PM
i discovered pokemon when i saw this kmart catologue and it had these pokemon toys in it. i was only 5 then

.:God:.
July 28th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I got a pack of Pokemon Cards at my friend's B-Day party.

Giblie
July 28th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I discovered it when my brother started playing Yellow or Blue, I dont know. =/

~SilverSoul
July 28th, 2008, 07:09 AM
hmm, I started watching the series when I was six. My cousin came over and brought some of his tapes and he told me to sit down and watch some. I actually remember the first episode I ever watched. It was the one where Ash gets Charmander (It was even brand new then lol). What is is called? "The Stray Charmander?" Anyway, he got me interested in the series and I started to watch it. The second episode I watched was the one where all of Ash's pokemon are stranded on the island and I couldn't read what they were saying. Good times...

dragonsrule
July 28th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Wow, this thread is really old.

Wilow-Wisp
July 28th, 2008, 07:36 AM
My cousin had the crystal version when I was kinda into it. I was like "Were did you get that?! Is it fun?!"
She let me watch her play it, then she let me have her old gold version. Loved it ever since...

Swampert trainer
July 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I first noticed a game with a pikahu it look interesting so i bought it ever since then i loved the game but i never got into the anime. the only season i watched was johto and it was better than the DP anime.

DialgaDiamond
July 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
My older brother was like... 6 when he entered his first Pokemon Card Chamionship and he was really good. (He even got several badges!) and then a year later I watched him play and I thought it seemed cool. (i was really young) and i started to play some of my brothers RPG games and I was hooked.

July 28th, 2008, 10:30 AM
HA! Absolutely love this. One of my oldest topics in PC, from 2004...

And I never imagined I'd be closing my own topic four years after. Brings back good memories!

Thanks, whoever revived it!

Just don't do it again!