PDA

View Full Version : 5th generation starter thought

Milke
May 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
If they make a 5th generation, then the starters should be

Grass/Dark

Fire/Fighting

Water/Psychic

This would allow any one starter to pummel one and be pummeled by another. Like the original idea, but moreso.

This would encourage training more than one pokemon, your starter, so that you don't die against a pokemon you're weak to.

Like the DPP idea, only the oppostie, because in 4th generation, any starter could kill the other easily.

Crystal Shaymin
May 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
another fire fighting? Here's what i think

fire/dark

water/fighting

grass/psysic

mewunlimited
May 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
wouldnt it be better if it was harder to win against your rival I was thinking...

fire
electric

then your rival would always have rock

sol52
May 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
how about
Fire/Psychic
Water/fighting
Grass/Dark

Milke
May 30th, 2008, 08:37 AM
another fire fighting? Here's what i think

fire/dark

water/fighting

grass/psysic

Yeah, that would be better.

Sol, your idea is just like the 4th generation's. All the starters can hurt each other,

Horizon
May 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
This belongs better in Pokemon General.

*moves*

AJ™
May 30th, 2008, 08:42 AM
How bout.

Fire/Water
Water/Grass
Grass/Fire

Those would be spooky looking xD

Milke
May 30th, 2008, 08:45 AM
How bout.

Fire/Water
Water/Grass
Grass/Fire

Those would be spooky looking xD

But then, there would be no weaknesses or resistances. They would look weird, though.

Atomic Sharks
May 30th, 2008, 08:50 AM
what about water/dragon
Fire/ice
Grass/dark

El Gofre
May 30th, 2008, 09:25 AM
what about water/dragon
Fire/ice
Grass/dark

I'm not sure you get the game lol. Fight-dark-psi is another of those rock-paper-scissor situations, whereas your proposed types are not :P

Virtual Chatot
May 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
The starters will always remain grass/fire/water, so I don't know what you guys are even thinking about this.
However, it would be nice if we got another Pikachu-Pokemon Yellow like situation.
Only Problem is, I don't think there is a Sinnoh Pokemon they could use.

Amp
May 30th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hey, hardly anyone has changed the core 3 types. Ease up.

fire/psychic, water/fighting, and grass/dark sounds cool.

True Justice
May 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I don't think they would ever use Dark/Fighting/Psychic. It would be a disadvantage to the people who pick the psychic type (Psychic can't hit Dark).

Avey
May 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'd say it'll always be the trio of Water, Grass and Fire Types. After experimenting with dual types to a rather negative response, I guess we can look forward to rather simple starters for the fifth generation. If there is a fifth generation, that is.

Hazuki
May 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I'd say it'll always be the trio of Water, Grass and Fire Types. After experimenting with dual types to a rather negative response, I guess we can look forward to rather simple starters for the fifth generation. If there is a fifth generation, that is.

Oh most likely they will have a fifth generation and beyond. In the fourth generation, the starters used to be fighting, psychic, and dark, but then they changed it back to water, grass, and fire. But who knows? They might keep it that way or start a new thing.

Azonic
May 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Oh most likely they will have a fifth generation and beyond. In the fourth generation, the starters used to be fighting, psychic, and dark, but then they changed it back to water, grass, and fire. But who knows? They might keep it that way or start a new thing.Actually, the fighting, psychic, and dark starters were never meant to be. It was just some Fakémon made by the famous PurpleKecleon, who was also the creator of the fake Shaymin forme. The creator wanted to pass this to make fans think that it was a real Pokemon.

I'd like it to be known that the fire starter from the 3rd and 4th Generation has been of the dual Fire / Fighting combination. This suggests that the 5th generation fire starter is quite unlikely to be another Fire/Fighting type.

hothead
May 30th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I don't know what i want but i really dont want another Fire fighting i would not mind another grass ground and a water stell was a great mixture just the pokemon behind it Empoleon was really really really bad

Zorua
May 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
It will always be Fire/Water/Grass, like how PC's slogan will always be "we are still working on a better slogan."

The starter type has not changed ever since the first game came out, so why should it? Like how PC's slogan hasn't changed for a good ol' five/six years.

Storm-DC
May 31st, 2008, 02:18 AM
how about just grass, water and fire...?

Wallace Berlitz
May 31st, 2008, 09:06 AM
Hmm... I prefer original and not mix instead. But, just like D/P.
Fire afraid of Water but when it evolved, the Fire can defeat Water because Empeleon is water and steel type and Infernape is Fire and Fighting instead. Steel afraid of Fighting. So I think maybe 5th Generation will be like that. Just an opinion

Mitchman
May 31st, 2008, 09:10 AM
You know what I like. The fact people can think fighting/dark/psycic works. It just cant when can people see it.

Motsuko Live
May 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hmm... I prefer original and not mix instead. But, just like D/P.
Fire afraid of Water but when it evolved, the Fire can defeat Water because Empeleon is water and steel type and Infernape is Fire and Fighting instead. Steel afraid of Fighting. So I think maybe 5th Generation will be like that. Just an opinion

This is an interesting point.

Anyway, I understand that Nintendo will most likely never change the starter's base types from Fire, Water and Grass, but would ground, electric and water not work, too?

I'm sure a Ground/Fighting Pokemon would be easy to make. Water/Psychic sounds kind of cool, and Electric/Dark is... well, good enough. xD

Though I suspect there's a flaw in my theory that I've over looked. Does anyone see any?

Mitchman
May 31st, 2008, 09:23 AM
Im going to post this and if anyone goes for the F/D/P triangle im going to have to flame read this and then go with the choices your given:
The only possible starter triangles (i.e. three types that are weak to one another in a rock-paper-scissors fashion and the same with resistances in reverse) other than the traditional Fire/Water/Grass are Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel and Grass/Poison/Ground. (Before you send me an error report about it, NO, DARK/PSYCHIC/FIGHTING IS NOT A TYPE TRIANGLE. See the FAQ entry on the subject (http://www.dragonflycave.com/faq.aspx#darkpsyfight) for details.) We are not likely to get such starter triangles, however; Fire, Water and Grass are both traditional and make sense as representatives of three elements while the other triangles are pretty much out-of-the-blue incidental relations that happen to come out of the type chart.

BakingBluePotatoe
May 31st, 2008, 09:51 AM
going by the pattern of Generation 3 & 4 I have concluded that the Grass Starter in Generation 5 will be bird-based...

Agree, or not?

PikachuEX
May 31st, 2008, 10:57 AM
How 'bout:
Grass/Fighting
Fire/Flying
Water/Rock

Cruelty And The Beast
May 31st, 2008, 11:45 AM
how about having another version like yellow? Interrupt the usual starter type ritual that way.
I'm not sure which the Pokemon would be, pikachu worked because it was so iconic.

solopy567
May 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM
I have an idea for starters

Grass/Ice
Fire/ Rock
Water/Ground

Perfect isnt it? Ice beats ground, ground beats rock, rock beats ice.

tkay1493
June 1st, 2008, 03:55 PM
well. why not
Water/ Dragon
Fire/Dragon
Grass/Dragon
???

Houndoom666
June 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
well. why not
Water/ Dragon
Fire/Dragon
Grass/Dragon
???

Thats freakin' perfect dude!!!!!
Then you wouldnt have to worry about pickin a starter that sucks against your rival.
As long as u get the first hit ur ok ^ ^

Yoshimi
June 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
well. why not
Water/ Dragon
Fire/Dragon
Grass/Dragon
???

A great, yet simple pokemon type.
It would be nice also because dragon pokemon are introduced at the beginning of the game.
however it will probably stay the same for the new games, if there will be new games.
Something like this or like the Special pikachu edition(not yellow) would be perfect.
However it still would be cool to see a mix in the types, or just a mix in the pokemon.
Like a fire bug, since bug is more closely related to grass than fire.

Alli
June 2nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Grass/Dark

Fire/Fighting

Water/Psychic

I just had extreme deja vu. O_O

Anyway, I'm sick of Fire-Fighting. No more! That would be three generations in a row. Something interesting...I'm still waiting on Fire-Ice, Fire-Electric, Fire-Water, and Fire-Grass.

That's what I'd like to see. Something different.

Grass-Steel or Grass-Electric.

Water-Fighting is all I've got for that.

red king
June 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
maybe grass-flying,fire-tunder,water-ice there hasen't been a water-ice starter

Glaceon_
June 2nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
well. why not
Water/ Dragon
Fire/Dragon
Grass/Dragon
???

Personally, I think that looks more like a Legendary line-up than a Starter line up.

As for me, I'd go:

Fire/Flying - Because the combination is just really nice, and we've not seen it since Charizard. I'd love another fire type Starter that turned into something with flight. XD

Water/Electric - Never done in Starters, and I think it would look interesting to see what they'd come up with for that kind of Starter type combination. Also normalises the weakness to Electric types.

Grass/Ground OR Grass/Rock - Both are natural earth-bound elements, in both cases, and since Torterra was a Ground type, maybe the use of a Rock type, next time around, would be pretty interesting to see.

Bear in mind, I didn't take into account a secondary counter-type triangle, because they don't do that, themselves.

red king
June 2nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
nice combinations of starter glaceon yeah i like to see to a fire-flying and water-electric will be a nice touch to a starter and grass-rock or ground are allrigth torrterra is the best grass starter in my book

hothead
June 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Well with every other starter pokemon it has been Fire water grass i personally do not thing they are going to change that right. and the other pattern is that they are all special in element and if you look at all previous starter pokemon thay have had a physical and a special element and i do not think they are going to change it so if im right the elements that they will be are:
Normal
Fighting
Flying
posion
Ground
rock
Bug
ghost
Steel
Please let me know what you think about what i said

Cruelty And The Beast
June 9th, 2008, 12:29 AM
A grass/psychic starter is unlikely, it has too many weaknesses. A Grass/psychic type has one of the highest possible number of weaknesses for any type combination, I do believe.

Although depending on looks (shallow of me, I know) I would probably find myself choosing it simply because I have a love for psychic types =]

Dark Banette
June 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Water/Dragon
Grass/Rock
Fire/Dark

But I wouldn't think they would use those for the starters. Maybe for their last stages though. But Nintendo will always use Water/Fire/Grass.

Magmortified
June 9th, 2008, 05:14 PM
A grass/psychic starter is unlikely, it has too many weaknesses. A Grass/psychic type has one of the highest possible number of weaknesses for any type combination, I do believe.

Oh my gosh! What was that? *Takes out Pokedex*

"Celebi is a Grass and Psychic type Pokemon. It is also extremely usable in competitive battling between trainers."

=D

Cruelty And The Beast
June 10th, 2008, 05:30 AM
True, but if you look at the people who are going to be playing they will very often be kids new or relatively new to Pokemon.
I reckon grass/psychic will be a put-off for new trainers because of the number of weaknesses.

Personally, I LOVE Celebi. But unless said trainer knows what they're doing, he's gonna get the floor swept with the green fairy D=

Magmortified
June 10th, 2008, 05:44 AM
True, but if you look at the people who are going to be playing they will very often be kids new or relatively new to Pokemon.
I reckon grass/psychic will be a put-off for new trainers because of the number of weaknesses.

I haven't a clue what kind of kid or newcomer actually analyzes the number of weaknesses in a final evolution of a starter and bases their decision off of that. =P

Cruelty And The Beast
June 10th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Ahaha, actually you're probably right.

But we are in for a lot of crying children if the gyms start off flying, dark, fire....etc =]

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I doubt they will have a 2 type pkmn for starters again.

if so I think this is an okay idea

Grass/Ground [x4 weakness to ice]
Fire/Steel [x4 weakness to ground]
Water/Flying [x4 weakness to electric]

X4 weaknesses

:t354:TG