PDA

View Full Version : How Much Longer Do You Think You Will Still Be Interested In Pokémon?

Yoshiko75
May 31st, 2008, 10:11 AM
Do you think you'll outgrow Pokémon over time? How many years more do you think you'll still like it? Or do you really think you'll like it forever?

AJ™
May 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I don't think i'd ever get tired of pokemon.
And even if i stopped playing games, i'd still think of them as nostalgic things.

Horizon
May 31st, 2008, 10:31 AM
Even if I lose interest, I'll still look back on it in years to come and remember the great times I had involving the series when I was young. It's been a major part of my life and always will be.

Toblerone
May 31st, 2008, 10:47 AM
I will give it up (probably in around 2 - 5 years). This same day i actually had a look at my childhood Pokémon cards - good memories :). I'll always make sure i have a few left so i can look back at my childhood.

flight
May 31st, 2008, 10:50 AM
It'll probably last a very long time. Until pokemon games stop coming out or the anime is done or something, that's when I'll probably lose interest, but I won't hate it or anything.

I'll still look back on it.

Saryka
May 31st, 2008, 11:21 AM
My interest in Pokémon is already fading, actually. It's not that I've grown out of the series, it's just that I'm losing interest in training and raising Pokémon and all that stuff. Who knows, though, I might get back into Pokémon. XD; I will still remember all the fun I had with Pokémon years from now, and I don't think I'd ever truly grow out of it. Lose interest, yes, but not grow out of it.

armii8877
May 31st, 2008, 11:26 AM
In my opinion Pokemon Is endless for me, I'll never stop adoring the cute lil' creature that created the fantasy happiness in my childhood!:)

vano-m
May 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
I really dont know. Now in think that forever, but who knows...

Dixie Kong
May 31st, 2008, 11:35 AM
I've never stopped loving Big Bird, so I don't intend on losing interest in Pokemon.

In fact, if I get a video game that's not Pokemon, I'll play it for a while...and go back to playing Pokemon. Simple as that. I grow out of other things, like Harry Potter(still haven't finished the 7th book), A Series of Unforunate Events, lots of things.

Stuff I started on from a young age won't go away. So...I'll be on it for years to come. :D

Cruelty And The Beast
May 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Well I'm sixteen now.
I think that liking something like Pokemon is hardest so to speak, when you're at this age. Simply because a teenager is easily impressionable to reject things because of its image.

But I'm sticking with it now, so I don't see why I would drop it later on.
Pokemon always cheers me up, along with some good music. That's something special, right. =]

vano-m
May 31st, 2008, 11:45 AM
I grow out of other things, like Harry Potter(still haven't finished the 7th book), :D
I ve read 50-60 pages and throw this bull **** in trash basket.

BUT! POKEMON FOREVER!

dragonsrule
May 31st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Probably when they stop making the games.

Snivi
May 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
My interest has faded but I still like it and always will just not as intense. XD

Motsuko Live
May 31st, 2008, 03:00 PM
I'll always have a.. "place" for Pokemon, though it won't be on the top of my to-do list. I think it would be a shame to just give up Pokemon cold turkey, especially after I've stored countless numbers of information in my brain ^^;

ErickaVolt
May 31st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well.. I love Pokemon. That's why I joined this forum. Also I will love Pokemon forever. :P

Acrutheo
May 31st, 2008, 09:44 PM
It's hard to tell. My interest in it has had its ups and downs, and right now it's on quite a high. If I had to make an estimate, it'd probably be in around 4-6 years, but I could be completely wrong. If you asked me when I was eleven whether I'd still be interested in pokemon when I was fifteen, the answer would probably be "no", but here I am. XD;

SuperLink
June 1st, 2008, 03:21 AM
Every half a year (usually) I go into a complete Pokémon frenzy mode and remember how much I love the series. It's probably unnatural (I do it with a lot of series' though. ATM I'm in Final Fantasy mode, when just over a week ago I was in Pokémon mode... I'll prolly go back into Pokémon mode in a few weeks though.)

I'm 17 and I've liked Pokémon since it started. I think anyone who's going to grow out of it has done so already. Anyone still here is here to stay ^^

peteb
June 1st, 2008, 03:23 AM
Until the world breaks. I love Pokemon so much.

Avey
June 1st, 2008, 04:00 AM
Pokemon has been a huge part of my life and I can't see myself throwing all of those great memories away for the near future. If I can, I'll hopefully still buy the franchise for the next decade before I decide Nintendo/Gamefreak have completely destroyed it. It'll always be a part of me, and I really can't tell you how long my interest in Pokemon itself (not the franchise) is going to last.

Shadowfaith
June 1st, 2008, 04:24 AM
I can't really tell. I mean I have been interested in it for over ten years now and the only thing that has wavered with it is the fact that I have grown tired of the anime, otherwise my liking for the games, cards ect are perfectly fine. I don't think I will grow tired of the games and such, I like them too much, as long as new games are available to purchase, I don't think I will ever abandon it to be honest with you.

Phanima
June 1st, 2008, 06:09 AM
For me, I'll probably start losing interest in it bit by bit until I either stop caring about it or reminisce about it on occasion. Of course, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon considering I'm still quite into it, but I suppose once I start working for real and live on my own, I'll probably stop with the fandom. But then I suppose after that, once I've settled down and everything, I'll just pick it right back up. xD

smile!
June 1st, 2008, 06:57 AM
I don't think I'll lose interest in it..
See? When I finished Crystal a long time ago, I discovered Ruby. Then, after that, Diamond. After Diamond, I ventured into FireRed. Then, I went back to Ruby. After that, restarted Crystal. Now I'm playing Pearl. And soon, when Platinum is out, I'd probably try that. And then, I'm afraid I'll go through the cycle again, maybe Emerald, Gold, who knows? Even after they stopped making Pokemon games, I'd still play again and again, and the movies that I own, that too won't be forgotten in a hurry.

vano-m
June 1st, 2008, 07:08 AM
Probably when they stop making the games.
i ve never played. they re really so cool?

Gummy
June 1st, 2008, 09:38 AM
If they continue to have the same storyline over and over again, I see myself completely losing interest in Pokemon after two more gens or so. You can only redo something so many times...

Glaceon_
June 1st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Well, my motive for playing them is they're fun, so I see myself playing them for as long as they bring them out. How long that will be all depends on what kind of inspiration the creators have for new Generations, and the like.

Here's to hoping the storyline has some changes, though. Basically, domination has been the complete focus from them all.

Apathetic_Yen
June 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
I'll be honest. 2-5 more years i expect. college is coming up and i'll probably lose interest somewhere along the line. I may check up on it to see what's going on but I may stop with the games.

Anti
June 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
It all depends where life takes em and what happens to the pokemon franchise. I'll probably play competitively as long as I can, but the fact that I am not crazy about the DP metagame means that I might lose interest.

My guess is 2-5 years. But I'll never forget pokemon, regardless of when I lose interest.

.Socks
June 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
Forever.

Or, as a completely rational answer, a year or so after they stop producing entertainment pertaining to the series.

Moonlit Umbreon
June 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
The truth is - I can't judge because I don't know. But just estimating on the subject, I'd say 2-5 years. Pokemon is great, it's awesome. But I can't see me as a 20 or 40 year old still playing the PKMN games. D:

SuperLink
June 2nd, 2008, 05:00 AM
I've started to think the series will end, although there are increasing amounts of good spin-offs (like Ranger, which I really liked)

And the fact is, even if some hardcore gamers think Pokémon is getting old, it still sells by the bucketloads, so when I think of it that way, I don't think it'll be over for a while.

My only worry is having to suppress my feelings for the series while I'm at uni XD Not too good with people, I don't wanna get less social than I already am!

LaurenLOVESTONED
June 2nd, 2008, 05:01 AM
forever and ever and eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. i wanna be buried with my ds XD

~Swish~
June 7th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hard to say really. I tend to have phases of Pokemon at the moment. I'll play religiously for a couple of months, then stop playing completely for a few months before returning back.

But right now I've settled down and will just battle as and when I feel like it. It's far more enjoyable for me that way. Just a few battles a week. Battling 10+ times a day was a bit of overkill to be honest.. and the fact I was losing was making me more stressed about it.

Right now I have no plans to ever quit, but you can never say never. I'll have to start working around this time next year, so it could depend a lot on that. Though Pokemon isn't my whole life, just something I love playing.

xiraiya
June 7th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I lost interest in the show long ago and never got into the cards.
It's the games I've always been interested in, anything else to do with Pokemon is just... meh

LipstickTraces
June 7th, 2008, 03:35 AM
As long as it exists I'd say. Pokemon was part of my childhood, and it will always stay with me forever as a memory. But for the huge part, I'll play the games until I find something else to do. Which will result in me getting bored of that and then back to Pokemon! :P

To put a time span on how long I will be interested in something is like saying I'll get over a girl I like tomorrow, next month or next year. It aint gonna happen! lol

Ibuberu
June 7th, 2008, 04:45 AM
I've liked Pokemon for a long time, since it ever came out. All my friends have 'grown out' of it, and even though I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be about it, Pokemon tends to be a small subject of interest for me. I find the games enjoyable and challenging, and the Pokemon themselves (the older ones, especially) are really cute and captivating with their designs. I don't think I'll ever lose my interest, even when I get too busy to spend a large amount of time on Pokemon, I believe that my initial love for it will never really fade away =D