PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What is your favorite pokemon, and why?

shinyditto
July 31st, 2004, 08:24 PM
Mine would have to be Ditto, (big suprise) because it can become just about anything, and what better way to defeat the enemy, than to become them and out-strategize them?

Timbjerr
July 31st, 2004, 10:19 PM
My favorite of all 386 is definitely Crobat. I've always loved speedy, evasive pokmon since the beginning of the series, and I also loved the devious strategy of poisoning the opposing pokmon. When G/S came out, this great purple bat came about to combine those two elements into one great being.

stewie&rupert
July 31st, 2004, 11:33 PM
i truely cant decide... i have a new fav pkmn everyday. today its venomoth:D
my favorite are mewtwo, venusaur, skarmory, zangoose, and sceptile......id hav to pick*wow wat a surprise!!*Mewtwo:mew2::D

gilbertman
July 31st, 2004, 11:38 PM
mine would have to be Latias cuz' she was in the movie that brought me to love pokemon and Latias also has awesome powers including stopping water and its cute!!

T.W North
August 1st, 2004, 12:34 AM
Houndoom!!! I know its common as a favourite, but its just so cool! And youll never find me saying legendaries are my fav's because I dont believe people can really understand their power. No one could use them if they were real, yet on a board asking what team of six would you use if pokemon were real? almost everybody made a party of legendaries....*grump*

Pincushion
August 1st, 2004, 01:50 AM
Shouldn't this be in polls? But I love Squirtle (Well duh) and Rattata, Squirtle i haved loved since the start!

Timbjerr
August 1st, 2004, 05:28 AM
@Username: The mods decided that Other Voting Polls will be like a place for misc. polls only, but since this one can fit into another part of the site, it is allowed to stay here...

Shana
August 1st, 2004, 07:45 AM
My favorite is Dewgong. I love it because it is very cute, and has great attacks. I also like his type: ice.

MagnuM
August 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
My favorite is Charizard because he is strong and cool looking.

Ice demon
August 1st, 2004, 10:23 AM
Well my fav has to be
ARTICUNO!!!
mainly bcuz it is an exquisitly drawn and highly unique pokemon.

Mew13
August 1st, 2004, 10:39 AM
I love Mew! I know it's a legandary and all... but that's not the reason I like it! Mew was one of the 1st Pokemon cards I ever collected! (the one with the big-footed Mew and a purpleish backround) Back then, I didn't know there was such a thing as legendaries. Mew was my favorite than, and has stayed that way for around 6 years now....

Sakuyamon
August 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
mine favorite pokemos is Mew, Latias and pikachu.... Mew becaus its so cute and its good in battle specially since it has the ability to learn any attack there is! Latias, cuz she is cute and got some pretty good attacks and Pikachu, well its the same as the others cute and good elektric attacks.

Duke R
August 1st, 2004, 12:28 PM
My favorite is Camerupt... no, it's Piloswine... no, Baby Kangaskhan, or Breloom, or Cyndaquil, or Sunkern, or Dunsparce, or shiny Golem, or shiny Hitmonchan, or Houndour, or Ampharos, or Mew, or Latias, or Togetic or anyone else, I like every pokmon... but it may be Camerupt/Piloswine.

Mullet
August 1st, 2004, 12:50 PM
Mine are in order:
Blastoise- He is the coolest ever and his attacks are good and he is relible.
Balziken-2nd coolest, and is a strong Pokemon.
Dragonite-3rd coolest,he is versitle can learn a almost all te TM's and is strong.

LelandLancaster
August 2nd, 2004, 05:49 PM
Hm... I really think that Skarmory is my favorite. It's pretty cool with the whole steel-bird thing going on. Ahh, my dear Skarmory... :P

bass sp
August 2nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
my favorite pokemon are tyranitar, mewtwo and feraligatr. tyranitar becuse is cool,mewtwo is cool to but when i saw it in the two pokemon movies it was more cool. and fearligatr because is a reptile.

Da_Green_Teddy
August 2nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
I'd have to say Espeon because it is Psychic, one of the Eeveelutions, and has an Awesome, regal sort of look to him.

Ashs_grrl
August 2nd, 2004, 08:09 PM
mine right now is entei because one hes a tiger polemon and i love tigers and two because hes so pretty and so strong and he kicks major tooshie :D

Kaylee
August 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
My favorite is definately Umbreon. It's a dark, it's a mixture of cute/cool, and I love the rings on its body and it's moves. ^_^

HoundJolter
August 2nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
Now I have a different favorite pokemon. (if you read my way earlier post you would understand) My new fav is Umbreon.

Toothache
August 3rd, 2004, 01:08 AM
Just on sheer looks, Absol is the prettiest Pokemon at the moment.

As for in battle itself, my new fave is Weezing. Got to love a type with a single weakness (Levitate makes it immune to Ground), and plus I'm a converted fan of Poison types (I used to hate them, now I love them)

HoundJolter
August 3rd, 2004, 01:11 AM
I love absol. It's my fav. But wait.. I have to many fav's!

Kaylee
August 3rd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Lol it's okay! Ninetails, Houndoom, Espeon, Arcanine and Flareon are all some of my other faves, but not my fave faves! ^^;

HoundJolter
August 3rd, 2004, 03:13 PM
all my fav's are. Absol,Jolteon,Houndoom,Umbreon,Raiku,and others.

Cherrim
August 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Pichupichupichupichupichupichupichu. @________________@

^_^; I just love its design.. so small and cute. Out of all the baby Pokemon, it's definitely got the best looked. (Although Cleffa isn't too far behind.) I'd always liked Pikachu and Raichu, but I just loved Pichu from the moment I saw it. @_@ It's voice is adorable, too (even though it annoys the **** out of a lot of other people). XD I just... love it. o.o;

Cassie-chan
August 3rd, 2004, 07:54 PM
Pikachu! Do I need to explain...it's sooo cute!

Pounce
August 4th, 2004, 02:32 AM
krabby!! XD *dork* I dunno, I just always thought it was SO amusing in the few episodes it was featured in. it goes "cookie cookie" XDXD and it's so cute! I like water Pokemon :D

Jay
August 4th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Scizor cause it is the coolest pokemon.

Well I also like Scyther.

!~sammy~!
August 4th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Tuaros! :D (i hope i spelled that right) ^^" i dont know i just like hooved pokemon.

BigBoss
August 4th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Charizard!!!!!!!!! Typholsosion and Blaziken are close, but none compare to Charizard.

August 4th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Latias is my favorite! Second favorite is Latios! Latias is cute, small, friendly, powerful...
Though it may be a female but I still like her the best!

Matty_Boi
August 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Milotic is mine. I love it oh ya and Salamence :)

Blaziken17
August 4th, 2004, 04:51 PM
My favorite Pokemon is Blaziken because he is a fire and fighting type and he can learn Blaze Kick!

Dizzy
August 5th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Feel the Sheer Beauty of Fire and Water Pokmon! I don't judge pokmon by attacks and strength, more on Beauty.

Rapidash, Flareon, Arcanine, Ninetales, and of course their under-evolutions are all very important to me, just because of their beauty. Rapidash is everything I could ever want in a horse, it's speed and attractiveness makes it the perfect companion. Flareon, would be a perfect 'poodle' because you could pamper it all you'd want. Arcanine and Ninetales are just total beauties and would be perfect additions to any team.

Seadra, Vaporeon, Swampert, Tentacruel, Goldeen & Seaking, and once again, the under-evolutions, are all very beautiful, water is just totally graceful.

nomed666
August 6th, 2004, 09:36 PM
my fav is absol because it looks cool and it has some good attacks.

Uzumaki Naruto
August 7th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Squirtle *Points below look at my banner* He has always been my favorite...He was my choice when I got BLUE *yes I'm going way back* I never had him evolve I has a Lv. 75 Squirtle that could whoops some Pokbutt. He knew Hydro Pump and that's all I used in the Elite 4. Now a close second is Sharpedo from the R/S collection I don't know why I like him I just do...Here are my top 6
1. Squirtle
2. Sharpedo
3. Blastoise
4. Charmander
5. Charizard
6. Breloom

Trainer Ben
August 7th, 2004, 07:13 AM
My favorite Pokemon, out of all 300 and something Pokemon, is Blastoise. In my opinion, It's the most powerful water type in Blue version. It has those powerful canons on it's back and It's size is kind of intimidating for alot of Pokemon. It's a shame there's not going to be a water blue coming out. I guess I'll just have to get Green. Anyway, Sceptile ties with Mewtwo and Gardevoir in second, but Blastoise is the best!

ryan
August 7th, 2004, 10:17 AM
i like that one pokemon that says "pika pika!"
i forget his name though...
o well...
seriously though, how can you beat gengar? (say "pychic by just about any pokemon" and die)
gengar's my favorite, original fat ghost

doomsday_shadow
August 7th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Top 5
5th- pichu- soooo cute!
4th- Umbreon- Very cool-looking and its dark
3th- Tyranitar- See Umbreon. And its a dinosaur!
2th- Metagross- The coolest pokmon ever!
1th- Absol- See Umbreon

Raikou_Owner32345
August 9th, 2004, 10:53 AM
my fav pkmn is raikou because its legendary and electric

Dizzy
August 9th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Please don't double post. Use the Edit Button if you have a little more to say ^_^.

I like Raichu too, a worthwhile Electric-Type..but Jolteon would have been a better choice for me ^_^

Castrainer
August 9th, 2004, 06:42 PM
My fav. Pkmn is Absol! Its not too powerful... But its Good, Beautiful, Cool, Awesome looking... Awesomeness in first Dark! =p

My Second Fave is Castform... Because its Cute and Cool! And have a Weird 'n Cool Ability! =p

Abskull
August 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Absol all the way!!! I love Absol to death! I totaly agree with Castrainer! And I think most people know that my favorite type of Pokemon is dark!

Then I also love Houndoom! Grrrrrr... here me roar! I mean, here me bark! I love the fact that Houndoom is fire also! Sadly, it has one of the most weakest defenses.

I also love Mightyena! *Bell Rings* If you haven't figured this out (which I doubt) Absol, Mightyena, and Houndoom are my signs! What I mean is if I send you a letter in the mail you'll see that I put Houndoom's paw, Mightyena's tooth, and Absol's tail! Anyway, I just love Mightyena!

And last but not least, Wobbuffet!!! It's just one of those Pokemon where you really don't know why you like it, you just do!

Splashing Mew
August 11th, 2004, 10:28 PM
My favorite Pokemon is Gardevoir... Gardevoir is just so elegant and it's special attack is pretty dark high to boot.

~Splash

Sunrise's Dragon
August 14th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Aww, I have many of favorites...

I like Articuno, he is sooo cool! (and bird.) I like also Latias, she is also cuuute. And pretty powerfull. Also Mightyena and Houndoom are really hot, like Arcanine or Growlithe or Ninetales. I like all fire- and darktype dog- or fox pokmons. They rule. ;)

I like also Combusken and Blaziken.. They are cool. I luv birds. And din't forget Dragonair! ^^

Jolty-kun
August 14th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Delibird or torchic^^, there just so cutey^^ XD

Brittany
August 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Pichu
Plusie
Minun

And I love them all equally.

Sumomo & Kotoko
August 19th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I have a lot,so watch out.
Crobat-Du'h,its sooooooo cool looking!
Cacnea-Its sooo cute!
Raichu-It looks cool(thats it)
Golduck-It looks cool(thats it)
Corsola-Its sooooooo cute!
Lanturn-I like how it says its name."Lanturn"
Latias-Its soooooooo cute!
Weezing-I like how it says its name."Weezing"
Grumpig-Cool looking.
Combusken-Its cool looking.
Marshtomp-It looks cool,and I like how it says its name."Marshtomp"
Slugma-Its cool looking,and I like how it says its name."Slugma"
Umbreon-It looks cool!
Scizor-It looks cool.
Espeon-It looks cool.

Mandy-Chan
August 21st, 2004, 09:15 AM
My fave. is Jigglypuff,always has been:),it sings and it's cute I just love jigglypuff.2nd place goes to Latias,it's cute and it has really cool abilitys ~or mabey 2nd place goes to Jirachi its so cute~

zsun_44
August 23rd, 2004, 11:28 PM
Blaziken! definitely! it looks cool and fire is my favourite type.

Max of Pallet town
August 24th, 2004, 08:10 PM
LUGIA!!!!! a)it's water my favourite type one of them anyway b)psy another one c)dragon? is it?:P
i think lugia has 4 types flying psy dragon? and water

D)it's so cool!!!!!!!
lol love your signy of lugia zsun :D

jynx
August 24th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Favourite Pokemon? Everyone knows.

Why? Ur...I don't know...

Nessie
August 24th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Of course Charizard, strong, fast, stubborn, don't like to loose and also it's orange (and awesome black if shiny!), so that's why i like it!.

Greeno
August 25th, 2004, 04:57 AM
My favorite is Chikorita and all of it's forms. Grass Pokmon are the best xD!

August 25th, 2004, 04:58 AM
I'll list mine down from 1-5!

1. Latias
2. Latios
3. Kyogre
4. Lugia
5. Celebi

XWAMAN
August 25th, 2004, 09:06 AM
mine would be missingno or any other glitch...i had it in my gold version once i cought it with a gameshark code where this box version of missingno comes up and it acts like its ur in a link battle so i switched off the code somehow and cought it i'll do it again when i get my gameshark to work

Muffin Man
August 25th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Close match between scizor/Raichu/houndoom, I can't pick apart. They're all pretty cool.

Stevo-kun
August 25th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Here is my top 5

1. Blaziken
2. Lugia
3. Charizard
4. Rayquaza
5. Squirtle

Pokemon_Veteran

salamenceruler04
August 25th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I like salamence the most...i like him because i like dragons alot and he is good

August 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
my favorite is ivysaur because of it's bulb

swampert
August 29th, 2004, 07:31 AM
I like Swampert and Mudkip:18: beacuse they're so cool!

Mr Cat Dog
August 29th, 2004, 08:07 AM
It depends on a lot of things:

Battling: A Rain Dancing Ludicolo pwns everything. ^_^
Sheer Looks: Milotic - I just want to snuggle into it and love it forever and ever ^_^

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

Casey
August 29th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I think, everybody knows, which pokemon I like the most^^ But for peeps, who don`t know- I will tell, my favorite pokemon is Houndour. Many peeps like Houndoom, but they don`t see, that Houndour is a great pokemon too. Why I like him so much? Hmmm... he is mysterious, brave, protecitve, dangerous, sweet, friendly and nice. Its a great dog and I luv him very much^^ *she hugs her Houndour*

ThunderBlade
September 1st, 2004, 04:18 PM
probly Skarmory because it can fly swiftly while not being able to be hit hard.

Haru
September 5th, 2004, 05:19 AM
1.Latios & Latias
2.Dragonite
3.Jirachi
4.Torchic
5.Lugia
There all very cool.

Latias
September 5th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Favorite Pokemon? Weeeeeeeeeeeell, I have to say I like them all. I think that they all have their own strengths and all of them are sooooo adorable! Soooooooooo, there you have it, Kelsey, the CRAZAY one loves all Pokemon equally!!! ^_~

~Kelsey

marto_mew
September 5th, 2004, 09:55 PM
I love Mew! I know it's a legandary and all... but that's not the reason I like it! Mew was one of the 1st Pokemon cards I ever collected! (the one with the big-footed Mew and a purpleish backround) Back then, I didn't know there was such a thing as legendaries. Mew was my favorite than, and has stayed that way for around 6 years now....

:D spoken like a true fan! I know the feeling! I LOVE mew! not because it's a legendary! I woundn't care if it was a magicarp! ( And yes,..T_T I do like magicarp. Don't make funno' me!)

Mew just has this sertain serreal aura of innocence that makes it the cutest! And it surprises me how much power it holds and doesn't even care!!! In the 1st movie, I just couldn't stop watching 2 parts: The part when mew was playing on the wind mill, and the mattle with mewtwo. ^_^ And also I've been collecting mew cards forever! I have 5 different kinds, and they are:
2 holographic promo mews ( the ones with the rainbowish background)
4 unholographic promo mews
5 ancient mew
1 Ex Mew holographic! ( the one underwater, from the first e-reader set)
3 rainbow Island mew.

My dream is to get a lillypad mew, but i have no clue where they sell it :'(
BTw, if anyone has info on that, can you please help me out? I'd appresiate it a lot.

so anyway, mew is just a pokemon that's also been something that people tell me I remind them of ( another thing that reminds them of me is cooltrainer male..T_T for whatever reason) so, that's why I LOVE mew!

marto_mew
September 5th, 2004, 09:58 PM
LUGIA!!!!! a)it's water my favourite type one of them anyway b)psy another one c)dragon? is it?:P
i think lugia has 4 types flying psy dragon? and water

D)it's so cool!!!!!!!
lol love your signy of lugia zsun :D

Oh! :D sorry to say this..but lugia is actually a psychic/ flying type!

^_^ Just wanting to say that, so you'd know!

bAnEtTe
September 5th, 2004, 10:03 PM
i like duskull best he likes to scare thingz ^-^

Ninetales
September 5th, 2004, 10:47 PM
That's weird--I would have guessed your favorite was Banette! Oh well, just kidding.

Some of my favorites are:

Ninetales: (Well, duh, it's my username!) Because it can have so many different abilities in its tails... It's a very mysterious Pokemon, almost like a legendary Pokemon. Plus, its personality matches mine--it's smart, vengeful, and won't hesitate to put curses on people when necessary!

Gardevoir: It was my best Pokemon in Sapphire. I really liked Ralts from the moment I found out it was Psychic-type, and when I discovered Kirkia and Gardevoir on some website, it was love at first sight! The Pokedex entries for them appealed to me, but I think Gardevoir looks cooler.

Alakazam: Who wouldn't like the smartest Pokemon there is? Well, anyways, Alakazam was a favorite in the games as well. I would have put Kadabra on my favorites list because of its first appearance in the anime (lol--Sabrina's my favorite trainer!), but... I like Alakazam better?

Misdreavus: It's gotta be the cutest ghost Pokemon ever! I like its personality (its mischievousness), and, again, it was love at first sight! (Or maybe I like it because I created a really neat evolution for it!)

Hypno: I liked Hypno ever since it appeared in the Pokemon episode "Hypno's Naptime", for some reason. But, in Yellow, when I couldn't beat the Elite 4, I raised my Hypno from level 34 to 60, and it actualy helped me beat the Elite 4! So maybe that's the reason... Or, maybe it's because I made a cool evolution for it!

Dragonair: The only favorite that's not fully evolved. I like Dragonair because of the way it looks, as well as its mysterious aura and ability to change the weather. I usually am drawn away from brawny Pokemon like Dragonite.

Banette: The only favorite that won't appear in the Pokemon game I'm planning to make... Banette reminds me of myself--it's sadistic, vengeful, dark, and likes to put curses on people. (Well, sort of...) Or maybe it's because it plays an important part in my Pokemon fanfic...

Darn, I named seven; that's my unlucky number! Heh, oh well, that's just naming a few...

Dark Magician
September 5th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Charizard: cool, ttitude, courge, speed, strenght, nd showa up when needed.

Vlad
September 6th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Scyther. no doubt. blaaaades... droooooooooool

I also reeeealy like cubone-bone-bone

bAnEtTe
September 6th, 2004, 04:31 PM
banettes my seconed fav ^-^ LoL

shadow_demon777
September 7th, 2004, 08:10 AM
it's a hard choice between tyranitar and typhlosion, but i just have to pick typhlosion!

Water Pokemon Master
September 7th, 2004, 03:46 PM
In the 1st. Generation of Pokemon: Metopod. PLEASE don't ask me why, it's just that it was the first pokemon I saw as a card. I thought it was a MOON Pokemon, so that night I looked at the crescint moon and thought of Metopod. That was about 6 years ago.
But close in second has to be...Poliwhirl! One of my fav. water types, and my favorite from the first season.

In the 2nd. Generation of Pokemon: Tododile. Every time I start a new game I ALWAYS get Tododile! I just can't resist it!

In the 3rd. Generation of Pokemon: Ludicolo!!!! I love it's carefree spirit and it's a totally strong Pokemon! I love Water pokemon with Grass in second, so this one definintly gets my vote. And in a close second is Huntail. When I traded my Clampearl with a deepseatooth I was so excited to get a Gorebyss, I was so glad I was going to get such a beautiful pokemon! Instead, it came out with Huntail, and you could guess how surprised I was to have such an ugly pokemon instead of the Glamerous Gorebyss I had intended to recieve after the trade-back. But when I checked it's stats, looks didn't matter anymore! Now Huntail is one of the strongest Water types on my team, and I think it's awesome!

Eliana
September 8th, 2004, 08:40 AM
*looks at lugia, then at Rayquaza*
Lugia: Hi! XD

KoBRe LaiR
September 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Mine is Umbreon, he is so cool!!! I like the yellow spots and the way he can run. His speed and faint attacks are awsome. Plus he is a dark Pokemon, I like Dark Pokemons :D

Porygon
September 10th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Do I really have to say it? Porygon! W00tttttt!!!!!!! YAY! PORYGON!

W00t!

Why? I dunno. I liked it the second I saw the card.

Snivi
September 10th, 2004, 11:49 PM
It used to be Chikorita but now its Skitty because it asks just like a real cat XD.

Casey
September 11th, 2004, 12:31 AM
It used to be Chikorita but now its Skitty because it asks just like a real cat XD.

So why your name is "Totodile" ?XD
I like Chikorita too. Skitty is okay. Very cute. Also, its weird that Skitty in game is orange and in anime is pink :\ I like his japanese voice, something like "Neee Neee" XD

Porygon
September 11th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I like Skitty too. Skitty being a cat Pokmon, I would naturally like it, lol.

Snivi
September 13th, 2004, 10:40 PM
So why your name is "Totodile" ?XD
I like Chikorita too. Skitty is okay. Very cute. Also, its weird that Skitty in game is orange and in anime is pink :\ I like his japanese voice, something like "Neee Neee" XD
Because when I joined that was my favorite Pokemon XD

espeon and umbreon
September 14th, 2004, 02:38 AM
I LOVE ESPEON!!! I don't know why though....

Yami86
September 14th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I have three favourites:

1) Pidgeot. The original flying/normal type pokemon! It always looked cool, both in the game and in the episode in the cartoon when Ash's Pidgeotto evolves into Pidgeot and beats the crap out of the Fearow. Out of all the non-legendary birds, it's probably the strongest.

2) Gardevoir. I like psychic types, and Gardevoir appealed to me because it looks very elegant. More so than a Jynx, who looks like it's high 24/7. I liked Gardevoir even more when I read the Ruby Pokdex entry on Gardevoir, it's a pokmon that's got my back.

3)Latias. A flying Legendary. Enough said. When I watched the Pokmon Heroes movie I found it awesome that Latias could disguise itself in human form.

Iveechan
September 15th, 2004, 05:03 AM
There's two problems with this thread. 1- too many people saying they like a Pokemon because it's cute or cool and 2- several people are making lists and not telling reasons >_>

My favorite is obvious. It's Hitmonchan. Oddly, I can't tell why he's my favorite. It was just this gut feeling when I was playing yellow and chose him instead of Hitmonlee like I intended. The process to making 'chan my favorite was gradual. It developed when I was making a trainer fic where the main character owned the Pokemon I was training at the time. I made up a deep and angsty backstory for the Hitmonchan. Then I started drawing him more, and I was surprised to see him on the title screen on Stadium (and was equally surprised by how rad cool his 3D model was). It still took awhile til I finally made it official that Hitmonchan was my favorite. Because of my attachment to him, this is why I get really mad whenever people hate Hitmonchan, fighting types, or humanshape pokes.

He's been my fave since I was 15 years old...

Undertaker the Deadman
September 15th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I like Pikachu still and hi are u Toto from serebii....

Kine
September 17th, 2004, 01:10 PM
My favorites? Well, I like the vast majority of them, especially those in the Houen (sp?) region.

Of course, I have some odd ones I like for complicated reasons:

1. First and foremost, I Love Nidorina the most. "Like" is too weak a word. The reason behind this was because back in the days of Pokemon Red and Blue (about a year after the release), I noticed a handful of Pokemon that get ignored, like Omanyte and Weepinbell (keep in mind this is at the time).

Nidorina, however, seemed to be (and I believe still is) the most unloved and ignored Pokemon ever. I felt sorry for her, so I started using her and drawing her til I couldn't get enough of her.

For the record, I liked Vulpix was #1 before 'Rina.

2. Chikorita. It was the cutest of the Johto starters, but it's charm isn't what it a favorite of mine. The anime had a lot to do with it, and I just loved Ash's Chikorita's personality. It was something unexpected, as far as I knew, and it was used quite well. As a plus, she was pretty spiteful towards Pikachu, and at that time I didn't like him much (I like him/it now, though).

So from that moment on I associated Chikoritas with being emotionally attached to all the wrong things. Eventually I just came to like the Pokemon altogether and she stands out of the Johto crowd in my opinion.

3. Kirlia. Before I knew what this Pokemon was or where it came from, I saw a beautiful Japanese fan art of her (it was female). I was thinking to myself, "This is a Pokemon? This thing is beautiful!" and that's pretty much it. I anticipate getting one ever since. Keep in mind they only drew Kirlia, so I didn't even know she was part of an evolution line at the time.

However, my favoritism for her was fueled later when I found a massive website devoted to the Gardevoir line. It was full of so much content I'd thought I had died and gone to heaven, so to speak. It got me into liking the entire evolution line, but Kirlia, being the first seen, is at the top.

It also helps that Ralts/Kirlia/ and Gardevoir are very unassuming Pokemon. That is, if you didn't know they were Pokemon already, I doubt you'd know by looking at them. As I've seen on that site, they can be easily mistaken for anime characters in another series, mainly because they are sometimes drawn out of concept (hair changes, clothing, etc.).

Those are pretty much the top three. Others are:

- Wobbuffet, probably for the same reason anyone else likes him.
- Mawile, seen on the same site as the first Kirlia picture I saw, automatic "must have".
- Gulpin, for odd Japanese culture reasons.
- Vulpix, as she was my first favorite.
- Dratini, because it's cute.
- Sableye, because it's weird.
- Treecko, because he's cool.
- Nidorino, just because, I guess.
- Miltank, both strong and cute, and helps the team as well.

But I really like them all. That's all that stands though, especially since I'm in a rush.

Spike Razzor
September 17th, 2004, 09:58 PM
1. Flygon - The best Dragon Pokemon in IMO, its type an ability make it very useful in battle. He puts new meaning to the word "Grounded".

2. Groudon - My favourite 00ber, pwns Kyogre when Quake does more than half of its HP and watching Water Spout do almost nothing.

3. Zapdos - My favorite legend, pure pwnage in RBY and GSC. It has a nice type combo and looks awesome, and hes the stronges off all the 3 original legendary birds.

4. Aerodactyl - My favourite OU (over used) Pokemon. Its speed and power make it annoying if you don't have the right Pokemon, and just like Zapdos, its strong and looks cool.

5. Ariados - My favourite UU (under used) Pokemon. Its cool because it messes up Pokemon who use Sleep Powder/Spore and if used right, it can do serious damage to annoying Psychic Pokemon like Mewtwo and stupid Lati's.

Pokemon I like that didn't make the top 5. (Overun by Mineral based Pokemon, xD!)
Tyranitar
Steelix
Metagross
Skarmory
Blaziken
Heracross
Scizor
Aggron

jynx
September 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Mine? Need I say more? Just look at the word above left of this sentence.

Why? ...I don't actually know... :P

Minwoo
September 20th, 2004, 01:31 AM
0.0 cool .. For me.. it goes like this :D

#1. Pikachu : my fav, i like the way Pikachu smile, and doing those cute pose Lol, and even though pika isnt a strong pokemon, but could cheer you up

#2. Latias a cute pokemon , and it can kick ***, whats more? it could transform into a human

#3. Chikorita omg the cutest starter , it has those sweet looking, even

#4. Mew : he just simply rock some *** , it is so cute when it smile

#5. Celebi : cute looking,pretty cool ,and sure it can kick some ***

#6. Charizard : it got the cool looking , and he has a style of his own

AND lots more to mention.

Rekkuuza
September 20th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Oh,this was hard,I have so many x_X But I guess I just post two of my faves:
Salamence,becuase its pretty,strong and a DRAGON!:D Iv ealways loved strong pokemon,and its a big plus that its dragon,my fave type.
Entei,strong,legendary and has a kick-a** of a look :D

NiNGi
September 20th, 2004, 01:21 PM
mmm i think you all know the absolute fantastic pokemon Mewtwo and its skills... well take em in consideration and double em to have an idea of my splendid Mewtwo, who trained so hard and has never, EVER been beaten!! Thats what I call a pokemon and THATS my favourite one =P
Mind you I have beaten 3 mewtwo lv 100 and one mewtwo lv 83 during a pokemon battle with it!!! he r0xx0r and will never be beaten! muhauhauahuahauhau! >=P

Pikawolf
September 20th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Well, I AM my favorite Pokemon. ^^ I am cute, furry, little. What's not to like? XD I also adore Pikachu, for pretty much the same reasons. ^_^

~Kelsey