View Full Version : Do you play the games with the Sound on?

June 5th, 2008, 2:33 PM
I find that most of the time i DO NOT play with the sound on, only because...

I'm watching TV/listening to music
I'm easily annoyed with the music

What about you?

June 5th, 2008, 2:45 PM
Sometimes I listen with sound on. Sometimes I don't. Like when Im listening to music or the sound gets really boring and annoying.

June 5th, 2008, 3:18 PM
I have no sound. Most the time it's inapropriate for my location and the only thing the sounds give are the background music, good, but not worth it all the time lol. Can get very repetitive also.

Dark Banette
June 5th, 2008, 3:35 PM
Yes, I like to listen to the sound when playing the games. But in some towns it can get really annoying or really creepy. (Lavender Town) That's when I turn it off.

June 5th, 2008, 5:14 PM
I usually don't listen to it because I don't want to disturb the class (yes I play it during school xD). But the other times, yes I do turn it on for various reasons. One of these is to listen to the critical hits and super effective stuff.

June 5th, 2008, 5:35 PM
I absolutely love the Pokemon music. 80% of the time I listen to the music, and usually the only time I don;t is so I don't annoy someone else. To be honest, a long time ago, I was afraid of the Lavender town music.

June 5th, 2008, 7:26 PM
I love the DP music. It's the greatest. <3

My only exception to not having the volume on are:

-Listening to my iPod
-Someone's sleeping
-On the phone with...-pokes user title-
-Step dad tells me to turn it down xD
-In class/school

Yeah. That's about it. o.o

June 10th, 2008, 7:25 PM
i hate playing pokemon games with the sound on. after the first day i got the game i learned to turn the sound off. that stupid catchy tune just played through my head over and over again. if there was less music and it was just sounds when u went into a building or something that would be fine but that stupid song is just so catchy.

June 10th, 2008, 7:35 PM
I always play with the music off. The pokemon soundtracks have never really impressed me much, with the exception of gym leader/elite four music. That I listen to since they actually try to make it sound cool.

Oh, also the legendary music from DP is pretty good, especially Dialgia and Palkia's...too bad you only get to hear it once.

June 10th, 2008, 9:18 PM
I find that I need the music. It certainly adds to the feel of the game and keeps your focus, especially if you're doing numerous things at once.

June 10th, 2008, 9:19 PM
Jhoto had the best music i used to always listen to it i play with sound off now because the sounds are annoying and they get stuck in my kead for about a weekthe snowy towns one was in my head for ever

June 10th, 2008, 9:21 PM
I love the games but I cannot stand the music ><
So I turn it off and either listen to the TV or my MP3 player.

June 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I find the music incredibly entertaining, but if I'm in a quiet place, I'll mute it so as not to disturb anyone. I'd probably listen to game music if I have a choice. They give a certain feel to it, especially the cave music. Incredibly creepy, it sets the mood. Of course, if I find the sound irritating sometimes, it'll be off. (:

June 10th, 2008, 10:18 PM
No. Most of the time I absorb myself in music as I play, and I try to connect the music and the game. It's definitely an interesting endeavor.

June 10th, 2008, 10:23 PM
sometimes yes and sometimes no...but most of the time yes..because i feel bored if i play it mute....despite if i'm watching tv or listening to music

June 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
No I dont play the sounds Cause

I play with roms and use my itunes.
They are annoying and gets on my nerves.

JX Valentine
June 11th, 2008, 6:05 AM
Where's the "sometimes" option? XD

Seriously, yeah, I only listen to the music sometimes, like when I know there's a song that I like. (Mmm. RS vs. Steven...) Otherwise, I just turn the sound all the way down and play in silence. I often feel that it's more comfortable if it's quiet while I'm playing. *shrug*

June 11th, 2008, 6:26 AM
I do, because Im able to concentrate on the music and do something else like reading or watching TV,without taking a look at my ds every minute.

June 11th, 2008, 7:11 AM
of course i play it with the sound on!!! its boring without the sound but my mom tells me to turn the sound off somtimes

June 11th, 2008, 8:07 AM
Sometimes I just find it really annoying and I turn the sound off. But most of the time I like it with the sound. It adds a nice feeling to the game.

June 11th, 2008, 8:55 AM
I leave the music and sound on; since that is part of the experience to me.

June 11th, 2008, 9:59 AM
I somtimes put the sound on.. but only when I feel like listening to the music or when I'm not watching tv or listening to other music ^^

June 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Like hazuki I play it during school. So not that much. But otherwise I like to play with sound on.

June 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I only like battles sound effects, actually.

June 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Only during the actual adventure, I spend hours training my pokemon in the wild and I find its good to watch the anime or listen to music so i don't get bored.

June 11th, 2008, 4:31 PM
Nah, 70% of the time I'm listening to mah tunez. :)

June 11th, 2008, 7:43 PM
I always have on the sound unless someone else is in the room and they start to get annoyed with the repetitive sounds.

June 11th, 2008, 8:30 PM
Always, unless it's bad music. The music never gets old though.

June 12th, 2008, 5:00 AM
Well, the music is not annoying, I think, the music is ...the pokemon music...☼

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 12th, 2008, 4:23 PM
Yea I do, I dont have any problems with the music at all

June 13th, 2008, 8:29 AM
I play with the sound off, because:
A) I'm at school
or B) My parents took my DS/GBA/Whatever away and I took it back secretly and is now playing it a three AM under the covers.

Nobody stops me from playing. Nobody.

Cruelty And The Beast
June 13th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I do, unless I'm listening to music etc.
Ever noticed how weird is seems when you've been playing with it on and suddenly turn it off?
Only noticed that today x]

June 13th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I allways play with the music on, D/P's sound track was awesome, by far the best Pokemon sound track.

June 13th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Nonononononono. I don't play with the sound on because if I do, I would go insane. Repetitive music will just make me crazy after a short amount of time. Besides, I normally listen to my iPod while playing. XD

June 13th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah! It's harder to concentrate otherwise. Anyway, I like knowing what all the themes are so I can spot them when they're used in the anime XD But I won't have it on if I'm watching TV

June 13th, 2008, 4:54 PM
Even with the TV or music going, I usually have the sound on. I'm one of those gamers that just likes hearing whatever I'm playing.

June 14th, 2008, 4:37 AM
I do and always have. I've always had the sound set to mono instead of stereo though.

June 17th, 2008, 2:43 AM
i like it with the sound on. mostly in the older games though.

June 17th, 2008, 9:14 AM
Well, half of the time yes I do. But the other half I listen to music on my Phone ;).

June 17th, 2008, 9:16 AM
i like when the sound is on so i get into the game because pokemon the series has the same songs

June 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM
the only time i listen to the game is when i go against the champion or a legendary pokemon, other than that the music is really annoying

June 17th, 2008, 2:52 PM
No. I've sort of got into the habit of not playing with sound because back in the day of Gameboy colours, if the sound was turned on it'd waste the battery. I guess it's a pretty good habit. I do listen to the music when it's a climatic moment, like when I'm against a Legendary or the Champion of the Elite Four.