PDA

View Full Version : 5th Generation Game

jaggy101
June 8th, 2008, 11:35 AM
It would be cooler if it was more like the show the pokemon would talk like there should *say there name not a strange noise* can carry one of your pokemon around with you *Like Yellow or Amity Square* Can have a partner person to walk around with you, chose if you want to be a Gym battler or Contest person, can decide on your clothing have the bad guys following you to capture your partner pokemon, a different pokemon center everywhere and can have different contsets like in the episode named *All dressed up and nowhere to go* like you can completely change your pokemon looks.

It all named Pokemon Ultamate.

Skaterzpenguin
June 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
yeah a lot of people have been discussing the 5th gen. a lot, but I do like your idea's. Maybe that will come true. ;]

jaggy101
June 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM
OOOO but i want another part of that like the normal games another name for it but i dont know what it should be its normally a jewl or colour but i thought it should be called ultamate cos i couldnt think of anything LOL

June 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
5th generation? Not gonna happen. If it did, it'd be very anti-climatic. We've already had nearly 500 Pokemon, including the ultimate, God of Pokemon; Arceus. Another generation with more Pokemon would be sort of uneeded and pushing this Pokemon business a little too far.

devilicious
June 8th, 2008, 12:40 PM
What I want for the 5th Gen is a Generation without legendaries. Maybe a gen made only of evolutions or something.

Because I agree that pushing it more than they did with Arceus is kinda overkill.

Magmortified
June 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
5th generation? Not gonna happen. If it did, it'd be very anti-climatic. We've already had nearly 500 Pokemon, including the ultimate, God of Pokemon; Arceus. Another generation with more Pokemon would be sort of uneeded and pushing this Pokemon business a little too far.

DP is the best-seller of the Pokemon franchise. There is life in this. Tell me why would Nintendo would drop that kind of cash just because it would give them a headache or two coming up with new Pokemon (and, y'know, there are still plenty of untapped sources for Pokemon ideas. Platypus-mon!).

I don't understand how introducing Arceus made it impossible to come up with new legendaries. There's always the possibility of such things as improvements on the idea of manmade legendaries, an opposing deity to Arceus (kind of like Satan, though Nintendo's probably going to make sure to minimize comparisons to the Devil if it does use that idea), etc. I've even toyed with the possible idea of a Fighting type legendary, which, if memory serves, is along with Poison in being the only type not having shown up on a legendary.

I don't think that an actual shortage of Pokemon ideas would stop Nintendo from trying to milk Pokemon for all it's worth. =P

I'm kinda against the idea of firmly choosing a path between contests and gym battles. Gyms are the big focus in the Pokemon games, but I don't see harm in increasing the number/variety of contests. So long as they don't end up potentially hogging the spotlight (and, depending on how this is set up, the people who want the best of both worlds are kinda kicked in the face).

Something I'd like to see is the return of different trainer options in PvP battles. FireRed and LeafGreen saw us the option to make more than Lucas vs. Dawn, Lucas vs. Lucas, and Lucas vs. Dawn matches by allowing us to choose to be things like Lass, Cooltrainer, and such when in the Union Room. I guess D/P made a partial nod in that direction on the GPS, where the trainer sprites are different, but I want that extended to Wifi battling and such.

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM
DP is the best-seller of the Pokemon franchise. There is life in this. Tell me why would Nintendo would drop that kind of cash just because it would give them a headache or two coming up with new Pokemon (and, y'know, there are still plenty of untapped sources for Pokemon ideas. Platypus-mon!).

I don't understand how introducing Arceus made it impossible to come up with new legendaries. There's always the possibility of such things as improvements on the idea of manmade legendaries, an opposing deity to Arceus (kind of like Satan, though Nintendo's probably going to make sure to minimize comparisons to the Devil if it does use that idea), etc. I've even toyed with the possible idea of a Fighting type legendary, which, if memory serves, is along with Poison in being the only type not having shown up on a legendary.

I don't think that an actual shortage of Pokemon ideas would stop Nintendo from trying to milk Pokemon for all it's worth. =P

I'm kinda against the idea of firmly choosing a path between contests and gym battles. Gyms are the big focus in the Pokemon games, but I don't see harm in increasing the number/variety of contests. So long as they don't end up potentially hogging the spotlight (and, depending on how this is set up, the people who want the best of both worlds are kinda kicked in the face).

Something I'd like to see is the return of different trainer options in PvP battles. FireRed and LeafGreen saw us the option to make more than Lucas vs. Dawn, Lucas vs. Lucas, and Lucas vs. Dawn matches by allowing us to choose to be things like Lass, Cooltrainer, and such when in the Union Room. I guess D/P made a partial nod in that direction on the GPS, where the trainer sprites are different, but I want that extended to Wifi battling and such.

Still i highly doubt they're gonna make 5th gen pokemon. I Don't see it happening at all. They'll just make altered version of d/p but im 96% positive they're dropping the pokemon franchise with arceus. I Mean the god of all pokemon, That kinda says that ''We're Done making pokemon games, We're ending it here.'' So no they won't make 5th gen pokemon.

Magmortified
June 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Still i highly doubt they're gonna make 5th gen pokemon. I Don't see it happening at all. They'll just make altered version of d/p but im 96% positive they're dropping the pokemon franchise with arceus. I Mean the god of all pokemon, That kinda says that ''We're Done making pokemon games, We're ending it here.'' So no they won't make 5th gen pokemon.

Okay, yeah, drop the more likely idea that Nintendo's actually doing this for money. There's nothing saying that making the supposed Pokegod is the end of the franchise, there are still many options left, including that opposing deity I mentioned earlier. I can also forsee a possible thing involving celestial bodies like a Sun Pokemon and a Moon Pokemon to be the legendary duo that pops up, so that's not entirely dry either.

In the event Nintendo actually does this for cash, they'd generally want to follow up the most successful game in a franchise with a sequel. =P

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Okay, yeah, drop the more likely idea that Nintendo's actually doing this for money. There's nothing saying that making the supposed Pokegod is the end of the franchise, there are still many options left, including that opposing deity I mentioned earlier. I can also forsee a possible thing involving celestial bodies like a Sun Pokemon and a Moon Pokemon to be the legendary duo that pops up, so that's not entirely dry either.

In the event Nintendo actually does this for cash, they'd generally want to follow up the most successful game in a franchise with a sequel. =P

Dude would u listen for a sec? F.Y.I Buddy there already is a moon pokemon, cresselia AND darkrai. And as for a ''sun pokemon'' That's just foolish. There doesn't have 2 be a polar opposite 2 everything(even tho in newtons 3rd law of motion everything has an equal and opposite reaction.) But face the facts buddy, 493 pokemon? That's alot and they're not gonna make anymore. 493 is way more then enuf. Arceus the god of pokemon who created all. If that doesn't tell you that they're done, There's something wrong. Why don't u try making a legit pokemon game like nintendo and why don't u try implementing all of the cries and every little tile and making sure it all looks good. You prolly couldn't even make a hack, much less a pokemon GAME so how do u think nintendo feels? Do you know how long it takes 2 make one pokemon game? All of those pixels and cries and sprites? Takes about a few years buddy. So why don't you try doing that and come back in the next 4 years telling us how you did eh?

Magmortified
June 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Dude do you even have any idea wtf ur talking about? F.Y.I Buddy there already is a moon pokemon, cresselia AND darkrai.

Ah. Forgot about that. =P Y'know, I actually just realized we already have a Sun-Moon duo in Solrock and Lunatone. Forget what I said.

And as for a ''sun pokemon'' That's just foolish.

Yep. Somewhere, Solrock's crying right now.

There doesn't have 2 be a polar opposite 2 everything(even tho in einsteins theory of relativity, everything has an equal and opposite reaction.)

Of course they don't. They're usually counterparts or enemies. =P

I think the equal-and-opposite reaction thing was Newton's third law.

But face the facts buddy, 493 pokemon? That's alot and they're not gonna make anymore. 493 is way more then enuf.

I think I've heard that argument before. Somewhere around the time when there were 386. 493 being too much is relative, by the way, unless you have some kind of proof telling me that making more is going to destabilize it somehow.

Arceus the god of pokemon who created all. If that doesn't tell you that they're done, There's something wrong.

How so? Just because Creator God's in the picture doesn't mean there can't be more minor deities. And, again, Satanmon's always a possibility. =P

Why don't u try making a legit pokemon game like nintendo and why don't u try implementing all of the cries and every little tile and making sure it all looks good.

Frankly, I'm not able to - I really don't have an issue admitting that.

You prolly couldn't even make a hack, much less a pokemon GAME so how do u think nintendo feels?

Haven't a clue. They've done it four times now, so it's apparent they don't mind doing it if it means money; the thing a D/P sequel points to.

Do you know how long it takes 2 make one pokemon game?

That's a factor, why?

All of those pixels and cries and sprites? Takes about a few years buddy. So why don't you try doing that and come back in the next 4 years telling us how you did eh?

I see. So, what you're saying is, because it takes four years and some effort, Nintendo obviously won't make it?

I really don't see what my ability to make a Pokemon game has to do with the likelyhood of a fifth generation coming out.

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
... Wow dude w/e time will tell but i know for a fact they're not making another pokemon game. And yea it was newton's 3rd law of motion. Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

Cobalt36
June 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, creativity for the 5th gen would be seriously lacking. I discussed on my thread, the new game should be the last, that how Arceus was a seriously bad move. Nintendo started digging its own grave when they released him, cause you can't go farther than God. What, will they give us something like the creators of the creator. Or how about Doexys' space? Anyone want to go Under-the-Underground?!

Nintendo will try its hardest to create another "perfect game," and they will fail. Especially seeing the first of the 5th gens already-the confirmed Shaymin Sky-Forme. Boy, how creative was that?!

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Exactly you understand the point im trying 2 make. They basically killed themselves by releasing arceus. He's the god of all pokemon and the god of everything! You can't make anything higher then the god of all. Basically they dug they're own grave and buried thenselves in it becuz that was a bad move they made. They can't do anything more now so it;s safe 2 say the pokemon franchise ends in diamond and pearl. Plus what name are they gonna make up this time? Pokemon Space?

Anti
June 8th, 2008, 03:25 PM
... Wow dude w/e time will tell but i know for a fact they're not making another pokemon game. And no that wasn't newton's 3rd law of motion. There's the key right there, ''Motion'' He described motion and how gravatational pull works and etc. Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

You know for a fact they aren't making another generation of pokemon games? Yeah, so where's your proof again?

"2" much effort? They've made new regions and professors three times before, four counting the original game. What makes you think they won't be able to do it again?

Nintendo has Sony and Microsoft to worry about, as they are competition for Nintendo. for Nintendo to compete, they need money. Pokemon makes money for Nintendo. Why wouldn't they continue the series?

I'm sorry, but this "they're out of ideas" argument simply makes no sense. Nintendo will continue to make new games until it isn't in their best interest from a business standpoint, not from a pokemon standpoint. Until people stop buying pokemon games, they're going to keep making them.

And as for their creativity running out, it already has. Most new pokemon simply don't cut it. However, that has proven not to matter as Diamond and Pearl have been hugely successful and very well-reviewed might I add.

Nintendo is a business. Again, until pokemon isn't making them money anymore, they're going to keep giving people what they want - pokemon games. When people don't want pokemon games, the series will stop going. Simple.

And Cobalt36, how exactly do you know that a fifth generation pokemon game would fail? Again, uninspiring pokemon designs aren't going to make or break the game (as DP has proven to us).

Magmortified
June 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
And no that wasn't newton's 3rd law of motion. There's the key right there, ''Motion'' He described motion and how gravatational pull works and etc.

I'm pretty dang sure it was Newton who said, "Every action is accompanied by a reaction."

Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

What a way to look at the world. Money requires time and effort. They've done it before. They can do it again.

They basically killed themselves by releasing arceus. He's the god of all pokemon and the god of everything! You can't make anything higher then the god of all.

I haven't a clue why you assume every generation has to come up with something bigger and badder than the one before it. Again, there's always possibilities Nintendo can pursue, including a "Satan" to Arceus' "God" or whatever. I don't think a few headaches for the creativity department is going to stop Nintendo from what's obviously a profitable move.

Especially seeing the first of the 5th gens already-the confirmed Shaymin Sky-Forme. Boy, how creative was that?!

Shaymin Sky-Forme isn't any more next-gen than Deoxys' Speed-Forme. =

And, yeah, generally agreeing with Anti.

denro
June 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
... Wow dude w/e time will tell but i know for a fact they're not making another pokemon game. And no that wasn't newton's 3rd law of motion. There's the key right there, ''Motion'' He described motion and how gravatational pull works and etc. Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

Umn dude..... It is Newtons third law of Motion.... Heres proof.....

Newton's Third Law
A force is a push or a pull upon an object which results from its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions! As discussed in Lesson 2, some forces result from contact interactions (normal, frictional, tensional, and applied forces are examples of contact forces) and other forces are the result of action-at-a-distance interactions (gravitational, electrical, and magnetic forces). According to Newton, whenever objects A and B interact with each other, they exert forces upon each other. When you sit in your chair, your body exerts a downward force on the chair and the chair exerts an upward force on your body. There are two forces resulting from this interaction - a force on the chair and a force on your body. These two forces are called action and reaction forces and are the subject of Newton's third law of motion. Formally stated, Newton's third law is:

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

And I do feel as if there will be a 5th generation due to a little thing called profits.... so yea...
I don't want to be a butthead but..... whatever.

June 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM

I realize that, but introducing the final Pokemon, the God Arceus, means that any Pokemon coming after it won't come close to it, and the point of every gen, for me, is to see even stronger Pokemon arise.

It is possible to make new legendaries, but that just proves Nintendo's pulling things out of their ___. An opposing God, sort of like an anti-Arceus could be introduced, but then it would get a little too cheesy. I'd rather keep one Pokemon God. Fighting type legendary doesn't seem to appealing to me :o

It won't, but it's gonna totally destroy Pokemon as we know it, DP was a great game to end the series. A fifth generation would be ridiculous.

Contests? Blegh, me no like.

I'd actually like to be a bad guy. They get those awesome generic Lv. 40 Wurmples :D

Comments in bold ^^^^^^^^^

AJ™
June 8th, 2008, 05:01 PM
The debate on Arceus:

It is NOT the god of everything,
It is a "God" in sinnoh myth because it was created (in game) thousands/millions of years ago.
Back when people (in game) had no sense.
For all we know, Pidgey could have been their "God" too.

Just because the Pokedex says "God",
doesn't mean it is, a factual "God".

June 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
The debate on Arceus:

It is NOT the god of everything,
It is a "God" in sinnoh myth because it was created (in game) thousands/millions of years ago.
Back when people (in game) had no sense.
For all we know, Pidgey could have been their "God" too.

Just because the Pokedex says "God",
doesn't mean it is, a factual "God".

So basically, it's Nintendo's entire description of Arceus vs. Your Opinion.

This seems like a tough one on who to side with :/

Magmortified
June 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I realize that, but introducing the final Pokemon, the God Arceus, means that any Pokemon coming after it won't come close to it, and the point of every gen, for me, is to see even stronger Pokemon arise.

I still don't think Arceus is necessarily the final thing possible. I will, however, admit that it doesn't go much farther past what Arceus got without being complicated or outright broken. I do however think it's possible to differentiate the formula and come up with something comparitively awesome - though perhaps not on as high a perch as Arceus.

I guess Nintendo might've pulled the god idea a little early, but why does everybody treat it like it's closing the book?

It is possible to make new legendaries, but that just proves Nintendo's pulling things out of their ___.

Personally, I don't much care if it looks like Nintendo's desperate as long as Nintendo can keep it interesting and workable (totally need to see another manmade Pokemon).

An opposing God, sort of like an anti-Arceus could be introduced, but then it would get a little too cheesy.

I suppose the idea of Satan and most other oppositions to divine forces that appear in plenty of religions is kinda cheesy too. ._.

What's wrong with the possibility of a major evil force? I kinda think it'd take Pokemon in a rather interesting direction by presenting a Pokemon that's actually inherently evil.

It won't, but it's gonna totally destroy Pokemon as we know it, DP was a great game to end the series. A fifth generation would be ridiculous.

Yes, say it's ridiculous without providing fair backup as to why. They've got a fair number of ideas for new Pokemon, the incentive of cold-hard cash, nothing so far actually proving why more Pokemon would actually topple the whole thing, etc.

If nothing else, previous success will give Nintendo reason to press it further until there's definitive evidence saying it won't work out next time. "It'll look like Nintendo's pulling Pokemon out of thin air," and, "It'd be ridiculous," isn't definitive evidence, last time I checked. Should Nintendo actually come out with a fifth generation, I get the idea a fair number of people saying it won't work out will buy it anyways. =P

Fighting type legendary doesn't seem to appealing to me :o

It's an opionated thing. What's cool to me, ain't necessarily cool to the next person. The basic idea is that Nintendo's not out of options. And cold hard cash says Nintendo will take options.

It may just be me, but the idea of a 'Wandering Master' Fighting type Pokemon just sounds awesome.

Contests? Blegh, me no like.

Again. Opinions. I do think they're a fairly refreshing break, though.

Anti
June 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry, but this whole "you can't top Arceus!!!!!" "argument" is a load of crap. Do you honestly think Nintendo cares if they can't top Arceus (despite it being an ugly and poorly-designed pokemon only a god by name)? Nintendo has contradicted their own definitions before (see Mew ._.) and I'm sure they'd do it again if they make money.

As for this "a fifth generation will destroy pokemon!" thing, that remains to be seen. If your argument to back that up is unspiring pokemon and an uninspiring region, we've already experienced that in DP and it's still a huge success.

I still can't believe the argument that 5th gen would destroy pokemon is about poorly-designed pokemon when we're currently running around with Happiny and Magmortar =/ If poor pokemon were to be the downfall of the series, don't you think that the many people on this forum who complain about the designs would have lost interest in pokemon by now?

I'm sorry, but nothing you say is adding up. It's just a bunch of opinions, when in reality Nintendo is just going to do what makes them money. Am I the only person who gets this? It's really simple ._.

Don't even bother responding to each little paragraph with your bold font. If you want to respond, why don't you back up that "a fifth generation would be ridiculous" claim and maybe explain why?

Glaceon_
June 9th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I'm sorry, but this whole "you can't top Arceus!!!!!" "argument" is a load of crap. Do you honestly think Nintendo cares if they can't top Arceus (despite it being an ugly and poorly-designed pokemon only a god by name)? Nintendo has contradicted their own definitions before (see Mew ._.) and I'm sure they'd do it again if they make money.

As for this "a fifth generation will destroy pokemon!" thing, that remains to be seen. If your argument to back that up is unspiring pokemon and an uninspiring region, we've already experienced that in DP and it's still a huge success.

I still can't believe the argument that 5th gen would destroy pokemon is about poorly-designed pokemon when we're currently running around with Happiny and Magmortar =/ If poor pokemon were to be the downfall of the series, don't you think that the many people on this forum who complain about the designs would have lost interest in pokemon by now?

I'm sorry, but nothing you say is adding up. It's just a bunch of opinions, when in reality Nintendo is just going to do what makes them money. Am I the only person who gets this? It's really simple ._.

Don't even bother responding to each little paragraph with your bold font. If you want to respond, why don't you back up that "a fifth generation would be ridiculous" claim and maybe explain why?

I attempted several times to respond to this thread, and you've pretty much said what I would have, without sounding really *****y. XD

I agree on the Mew thing; despite Arceus, I still call Mew the original one, since it has and always will be, in my heart.. that, and in my opinion, Arceus is just a big stupid horse-like creature with highly balanced stats. (in-game) XD

Claims are just opinions, and indeed; the bad designs would have thrown Pokemon-Goers long ago, if it was bothering them that much. (I personally don't really mind the designs of Pokemon, too much) But its pretty obvious that they're doing something good, if all the fans are still sticking to it; even the older ones, which I am also one of.

On top of that, Pokemon is a money-making series; the only way they'll consider never making more is when the games stop selling, completely; and I personally don't really see that happening.

Complete negativity from its fans is more likely to destroy Pokemon than Nintendo.. -_-

Mitchman
June 9th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Well you know what arceus is the alpha. So techinically a 5th genwould be the last cause the creator of the alpha is the omega. We need an omega pokemon and then they killed the line.

Anti
June 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Well you know what arceus is the alpha. So techinically a 5th genwould be the last cause the creator of the alpha is the omega. We need an omega pokemon and then they killed the line.

That's pretty confusing...I think you are over thinking this. Nintendo is going to do what it takes to make money, and if that means their story is a little inconsistent, they're going to make the game, sell the game, and get rich off the game, as always.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM

Ok dude are you stoned or something? You must not notice it but go ahed and tell me mr. I know everything, What's higher then god? Hmm? NOTHING. You must be tripping on something becuz you can't go any higher then god. And the profits. These games take ALOT of money 2 make pal. Where u get the idea that they'll have enough money is freaking beyond me. How long are they gonna go with this pokemon thing hmm? 5th gen? 6th? 7th? You need 2 realize that they're probably gonna stop right here at 4th generation. Oh and if you want proof i'll go dig up a profile on it right now and edit this post just 2 prove u wrong because you are wrong. Obviously you like 2 argue because you can't grasp that fact that nintendo is DONE. As i've said be4 nothing is higher then god so they dug there grave when they made arceus. If you still can't understand that fact, You need 2 brush up on ur pokemon history pal. Do you know how hard it's gonna be for nintendo 2 make another 180 pokemon with all of those pixels not 2 mention cries. And another region, new proffesor, new rival , town new gyms do you know how long that will be? They're not gonna take the time 2 do this again. Sure they might make alterations of d/p but they're stopping at d/p. The fact that your even arguing on this measley matter means that ur arguing for the sake of arguing. Maybe this is a cry out for attention for you. So you need 2 chill out, Calm down and accept that fact that they're not making another game.

Mitchman
June 9th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Or just realize this. Besides star fox which nintendo game stopped. Nothing. Tell me how they redo everythin in mario with new glalaxies levels mushrooms sprites and the samething for zelda. Still hyrule but with um new desert layout mountain layout plain layout monster design weapons and everything. If its nintendo branded its goin to stick till the end. PERIOD.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Or just realize this. Besides star fox which nintendo game stopped. Nothing. Tell me how they redo everythin in mario with new glalaxies levels mushrooms sprites and the samething for zelda. Still hyrule but with um new desert layout mountain layout plain layout monster design weapons and everything. If its nintendo branded its goin to stick till the end. PERIOD.

W/e i think pokemon will stop eventually, that's just it. All good things come 2 an end buddy. Stick 2 the end? Sure whatever helps you sleep. Anyway i don't see nintendo making another game, they've basically ended it with d/p. So you can rant on about w/e you want, Pokemon has 2 end sometime. Just like starfox, just like everything will eventually. If you can't comprehend this, Then deal with it.

Magmortified
June 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Ok dude are you stoned or something? You must not notice it but go ahed and tell me mr. I know everything, What's higher then god? Hmm? NOTHING. You must be tripping on something becuz you can't go any higher then god.

I reserve the right to repeat Nintendo doesn't necessarily have to go higher than Arceus, but can create a parallel, opposite, or even entirely seperate "Ultimate" Pokemon for the generation. There's no written law saying each and every generation must see a Pokemon that is greater than the last. =P

And the profits. These games take ALOT of money 2 make pal. Where u get the idea that they'll have enough money is freaking beyond me.

You may not have noticed, but Nintendo's pretty dang rich. Massive advertising budgets and generally good sales on a lot of what they release would seem to imply that Nintendo does have cash.

And, y'know, Nintendo's obviously making a lot more money than they're spending on Pokemon. Else they would have discontinued it long ago. Plus, D/P pretty much sold the most out of all the Pokemon games Nintendo's had out before, so I'm fairly certain that Nintendo's making - not losing - money.

How long are they gonna go with this pokemon thing hmm? 5th gen? 6th? 7th? You need 2 realize that they're probably gonna stop right here at 4th generation.

I don't see how the possible extended prolongation of the franchise would change the likelihood of a fifth generation. =/

ou need 2 realize that they're probably gonna stop right here at 4th generation. Oh and if you want proof i'll go dig up a profile on it right now and edit this post just 2 prove u wrong because you are wrong.

Greatest argument ever: "You are wrong!" End argument. You've obviously won with that kind of statement. [/sarcasm]

Obviously you like 2 argue because you can't grasp that fact that nintendo is DONE. As i've said be4 nothing is higher then god so they dug there grave when they made arceus.

Obviously, you don't seem to realize that Nintendo is actually a business, where profits are the primary driving force. My first statement in this post covers this already; Arceus =/= the end of things.

Since Pokemon is generating cash (and quite a lot of it), you'd almost have to be an idiot to say, "We're stopping our cashflow from Pokemon because we aren't willing to make something that can only match Arceus and not be better than it."

That's basically your entire argument so far. ._.

If you still can't understand that fact, You need 2 brush up on ur pokemon history pal.

There's nothing in Pokemon history saying the last Pokemon in a generation must definitively be greater than that which came before it.

Do you know how hard it's gonna be for nintendo 2 make another 180 pokemon with all of those pixels not 2 mention cries. And another region, new proffesor, new rival , town new gyms do you know how long that will be? They're not gonna take the time 2 do this again.

Numerous fan projects would seem to imply this is actually something that can be done.

Look, if Nintendo was that lazy, I doubt they'd have survived this long. Nintendo is built off going with what works, and the occasional second try for things that didn't work out the first time. Pokemon has worked. It's simply stupid to abandon something like that because, "It takes effort! Can we just do a Tetris remake?"

And unless you have a full rundown of Nintendo's numerous resources, you're not really in a position to say how hard it would be for them.

Sure they might make alterations of d/p but they're stopping at d/p.

That's right. Nintendo has obviously released official statements proving this fac- no, they haven't.

The fact that your even arguing on this measley matter means that ur arguing for the sake of arguing. Maybe this is a cry out for attention for you. So you need 2 chill out, Calm down and accept that fact that they're not making another game.

I think the main reason we're arguing right now is your stubborn insistence that Arceus definitively spells the end for Pokemon (when, in fact, it doesn't), and that they're obviously too lazy to make another one.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I reserve the right to repeat Nintendo doesn't necessarily have to go higher than Arceus, but can create a parallel, opposite, or even entirely seperate "Ultimate" Pokemon for the generation. There's no written law saying each and every generation must see a Pokemon that is greater than the last. =P

You may not have noticed, but Nintendo's pretty dang rich. Massive advertising budgets and generally good sales on a lot of what they release would seem to imply that Nintendo does have cash.

And, y'know, Nintendo's obviously making a lot more money than they're spending on Pokemon. Else they would have discontinued it long ago. Plus, D/P pretty much sold the most out of all the Pokemon games Nintendo's had out before, so I'm fairly certain that Nintendo's making - not losing - money.

I don't see how the possible extended prolongation of the franchise would change the likelihood of a fifth generation. =/

Greatest argument ever: "You are wrong!" End argument. You've obviously won with that kind of statement. [/sarcasm]

Obviously, you don't seem to realize that Nintendo is actually a business, where profits are the primary driving force. My first statement in this post covers this already; Arceus =/= the end of things.

Since Pokemon is generating cash (and quite a lot of it), you'd almost have to be an idiot to say, "We're stopping our cashflow from Pokemon because we aren't willing to make something that can only match Arceus and not be better than it."

That's basically your entire argument so far. ._.

There's nothing in Pokemon history saying the last Pokemon in a generation must definitively be greater than that which came before it.

Numerous fan projects would seem to imply this is actually something that can be done.

Look, if Nintendo was that lazy, I doubt they'd have survived this long. Nintendo is built off going with what works, and the occasional second try for things that didn't work out the first time. Pokemon has worked. It's simply stupid to abandon something like that because, "It takes effort! Can we just do a Tetris remake?"

And unless you have a full rundown of Nintendo's numerous resources, you're not really in a position to say how hard it would be for them.

That's right. Nintendo has obviously released official statements proving this fac- no, they haven't.

I think the main reason we're arguing right now is your stubborn insistence that Arceus definitively spells the end for Pokemon (when, in fact, it doesn't), and that they're obviously too lazy to make another one.

OK then go search for yourself mr. I know way more. Go type in on google if they will ever end pokemon with diamond and pearl. God you ppl are so freaking stubborn. Your all arguing for the sake of arguing. Oh and last time i check pal they did release that they're thinking of ending the series. So why don't you get your facts straight. And your not in any position 2 say anything. Im more closer 2 knowing about nintendo then you wil lever be pal so chill the fk out ok? And my entrie argument is on arceus? Obviously you don't even read what's going on, You just post on what you think you see. You have selective amnesia and next time READ THE WHOLE POST. Since you insist on arguing on this you'r crying for attention by doing this. W/e if it helps you sleep at night saying to yourself that ''Pokemon's not gonna die Pokemon's not gonna die Pokemon's not gonna die'' Then go right ahead and keep telling yourself that Pokemon won't die. Pokemon's is gonna end and who's to say it's not ending with d/p? You try 2 answer that question arguing person. Anyway nonethless, your arguing because you have 2 argue in order 2 feel satisfaction. Nothing's higher then god and making an opposite 2 arceus is stupid. Get your facts in order and start thinking rationally.

As i've said be4 they're gonna be thinking real hard and they're gonna have 2 be pulling things out of they're *** since i don't think they have any more ideas.

LethalTexture
June 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I must say you're coming across pretty immature for a twenty-one year old...

I find it ironic that you lecture him on not reading the whole post when you don't do so yourself. Nobody said anything about Pokemon carrying on forever, as you say everything has to end sometime. It has just been stated that it is unlikely that it will end at the 4th Gen, because as long as Nintendo still make money from the franchise, then it will continue. I agree, it will end. But it is unlikely that it will in Gen IV.

And from your post, what I can sum up is that you are saying that it will end at Gen IV because nothing is higher than a god, in this case Arceus. But you say that is not what your post is about, so if you'd be so good as to tell us exactly why it will end at Gen IV? You can't just say "I know more than you and they said it will end so it will". Also, an opposite to god is not stupid. Go to church and tell them that. Ever hear of Satan? Who's to say they will not make a Pokemon to represent hell? I agree with Magmortified, just because a Pokémon comes after something in the Pokedex/date it was released, does not mean that it is better.

And he is not arguing for the sake of arguing. This is a debate, in which we put forward out views and back them up with valid reasons. Which you have not, unfortunately.

Azonic
June 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Raiph, you realize that you have yet to provide any facts to your theory when Magmortified here has provided many. Pokemon really isn't going to die out so fast. It's still going pretty strong, even if it has gone a little of track. Everything has bumps in the road. Also, who said that the God Pokemon had to be the last Pokemon in the PokeDex? Could it be that they discovered some new species of Pokemon in an unknown new region after they've discovered Arceus? Maybe Nintendo will provide and create an enemy to Arceus, or a Pokemon that represents Satan, as DeanoDance said. It's quite a good idea actually.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 09:45 AM
W/e like i said be4 i could rlycare less what any of you have 2 say. I have my reasons and i really don 't care what your's are. End of story. So stop being immature and ganging up with reasons 2 rant on me. And obviously you don't read posts becuz i said google it and see for yourself. Go on go google it. Anyway as i've said be4 you opinions mean nothing 2 me and i rly couldn't care less about what either of you have 2 say. Period.

BTw you guys have no way of proving if pokemon is ending with d/p so you'r in no position 2 be saying anything either.

Magmortified
June 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
W/e like i said be4 i could rlycare less what any of you have 2 say.

Then there's obviously no reason to have a discussion. =/

Honestly, if you aren't going to care for what we say, why should we care for what you say?

So stop being immature and ganging up with reasons 2 rant on me.

Y'know, when multiple people are on the other side of the issue, and you're kinda alone, you really sorta have to wonder...

And obviously you don't read posts becuz i said google it and see for yourself. Go on go google it.

I actually did, for lulz. "Will Nintendo end Pokemon with Diamond and Pearl?" <- Exactly what I typed in. Zero results.

Anyway as i've said be4 you opinions mean nothing 2 me and i rly couldn't care less about what either of you have 2 say. Period.

I'm so glad we could end this discussion with something accomplished. =P

BTw you guys have no way of proving if pokemon is ending with d/p so you'r in no position 2 be saying anything either.

There's a larger possibility in the revenue Pokemon's generating, that Nintendo actually does have the options, etc. So I'd think we're rather more in a position to say Nintendo's more likely to make Generation Five than not.

... But you obviously don't care for what I've got to say, anyhow.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 10:19 AM
No i don't care what you have 2 say. And i could care less if you'r all on the same matter. Anyway i better get off this topic for a little while be4 i pop off on one of you kids and hurt ur little feelings. And ur supposed 2 type ''Will nintendo end pokemon with diamond and pearl video games'' Anyway yea i don' care what you kids have 2 say. D/p is the last pkmn game and i pretty much know this for a fact. So while u guys are on the side u think you should be on, it'll turn up ima be right in the long run. Yea they're rly gonna make another 5th gen pokemon game. Sure buddy whatever keeps u afloat. And how every1 defends every1 even if they're wrong sickens me 2 my very core. You guys just want a piece of the action, you don't want 2 debate, you just want 2 defend the person who's wrong just becuz u want 2 argue. And magmortified, you rly need 2 stop thinking ur so cool cuz ur not. You'r the one who's gonna turn up wrong and when they say they're done with pokemon games ima laugh in your face. So just chuil and stop acting like ur so cool and you know everything.

Mitchman
June 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Αlso as ignored its an alpha so were the bloody hell is the omega. Also um yeah but the new design of shaymin or be it a new pokemon shows that nintendo is probably thinking outside the box now. That can show as well that a 5th ge is coming and cause of the new thing we have around here we will be very sorry for doubting the 5th gen as a stupid generic monsterfest. I mean look at digimon. Its still goin. Slim but still goin. With at least 2000+ digimon.

sandcrawler
June 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Ok dude are you stoned or something? You must not notice it but go ahed and tell me mr. I know everything, What's higher then god? Hmm? NOTHING. You must be tripping on something becuz you can't go any higher then god. And the profits. These games take ALOT of money 2 make pal. Where u get the idea that they'll have enough money is freaking beyond me. How long are they gonna go with this pokemon thing hmm? 5th gen? 6th? 7th? You need 2 realize that they're probably gonna stop right here at 4th generation. Oh and if you want proof i'll go dig up a profile on it right now and edit this post just 2 prove u wrong because you are wrong. Obviously you like 2 argue because you can't grasp that fact that nintendo is DONE. As i've said be4 nothing is higher then god so they dug there grave when they made arceus. If you still can't understand that fact, You need 2 brush up on ur pokemon history pal. Do you know how hard it's gonna be for nintendo 2 make another 180 pokemon with all of those pixels not 2 mention cries. And another region, new proffesor, new rival , town new gyms do you know how long that will be? They're not gonna take the time 2 do this again. Sure they might make alterations of d/p but they're stopping at d/p. The fact that your even arguing on this measley matter means that ur arguing for the sake of arguing. Maybe this is a cry out for attention for you. So you need 2 chill out, Calm down and accept that fact that they're not making another game.

(humor is outlined in bold)

Okay, time to ignore. I'm pretty sure after all the 2's and i've's and ur's we should have been doing that his first post in the thread.

What do you have against new pokemon anyways?

It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1000 arms. It is told in mythologythat this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

Nintendo just made a pokemon that happens, in pokemon mythology, to be taken as a god. Doesn't mean it is. Maybe in terms of legendaries nothing can be higher, but the 5th generation can always be described as made by Arceus too.

NOTE: I'm not saying that Nintendo isn't done, I'm just saying why stop there.

Magmortified
June 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM
No i don't care what you have 2 say. And i could care less if you'r all on the same matter.

You is making me saddest. ;_; Well, good luck in the real world, then. Let's hope you don't enter any debates. =S

Anyway i better get off this topic for a little while be4 i pop off on one of you kids and hurt ur little feelings.

Yeah, some person I don't know is telling me I'm wrong without backing up why. That's going to impair my mental health.

And ur supposed 2 type ''Will nintendo end pokemon with diamond and pearl video games''

Typed that in. Word for word. Still, nothing.

Anyway yea i don' care what you kids have 2 say.

Well, hooray for the older peoples, then.

D/p is the last pkmn game and i pretty much know this for a fact.

You can generally prove something if it's a fact. So far, you really haven't. =P

So while u guys are on the side u think you should be on, it'll turn up ima be right in the long run.

We'll see, won't we? In the meantime, until we get definitive proof either way, I'll stick to my side in believing it's fairly likely to happen, and you'll probably stick to your side in thinking there's a better chance of pigs evolving wings.

Yea they're rly gonna make another 5th gen pokemon game. Sure buddy whatever keeps u afloat. And how every1 defends every1 even if they're wrong sickens me 2 my very core.

Doesn't everybody happen to include yourself? <_>

You guys just want a piece of the action, you don't want 2 debate, you just want 2 defend the person who's wrong just becuz u want 2 argue.

We still haven't heard proof from you on how it's actually wrong.

Why would somebody being wrong make a difference in whose side a person would back, anyhow? If you think about it, just wanting to argue would mean you wouldn't discriminate between who's right and who's wrong.

And magmortified, you rly need 2 stop thinking ur so cool cuz ur not.

Indeed. Magmortar has a body temperature of over nine-thousand... or something like that.

My opinion of myself rarely comes into it during debates, so don't worry.

You'r the one who's gonna turn up wrong and when they say they're done with pokemon games ima laugh in your face.

Glad to see you'll be a generous winner if you actually are right. =P

So just stfu and stop acting like ur so cool and you know everything.

I was kinda thinking the same about you, oddly enough. =P But, meh.

Well, anyhow, since it's already kinda established that the argument's getting pointless, Imma duck out of Mag vs. Raiph now.

jaggy101
June 9th, 2008, 11:57 AM
they could make it more of evolutions and prehistoric pokemon i have an idea for the baby pokemon of Octillary insted of Remoraid but Arceus is the God but there could be more like Hybrids so :P

June 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I still don't think Arceus is necessarily the final thing possible. I will, however, admit that it doesn't go much farther past what Arceus got without being complicated or outright broken. I do however think it's possible to differentiate the formula and come up with something comparitively awesome - though perhaps not on as high a perch as Arceus.

As of now, yes, it is the final thing. We have no proof otherwise. I'm basing my argument off what the game has hinted towards. Something comparitively awesome and original would be refreshing, but if they hint it to not to be as strong as Arceus...I dunno, perhaps I just don't like the idea of a Pokemon 'God' New Pokes for competative battling would be cool though.

I guess Nintendo might've pulled the god idea a little early, but why does everybody treat it like it's closing the book?

Usually when the Pokemon 'God' Arceus, or any God in general comes along, the God who created Pokemon, it usually means they're won't be many more deities or omnipotents coming along.

Personally, I don't much care if it looks like Nintendo's desperate as long as Nintendo can keep it interesting and workable (totally need to see another manmade Pokemon).

I don't care if it's cheesy, just make it entertaining, something similar to GSC (not a remake, just similar) would be awesome. Original Pokemon would be GREATLY appreciated.

I suppose the idea of Satan and most other oppositions to divine forces that appear in plenty of religions is kinda cheesy too. ._.

And controversial.

What's wrong with the possibility of a major evil force? I kinda think it'd take Pokemon in a rather interesting direction by presenting a Pokemon that's actually inherently evil.

I'd like to see more about Giratina and perhaps it being anti-Arceus. They leave so little information about each Pokemon, as if they create and make no backup story. I mean, what's Heatran's backstory? Awesome Pokemon with little backstory (unless they make a movie on it)

Yes, say it's ridiculous without providing fair backup as to why. They've got a fair number of ideas for new Pokemon, the incentive of cold-hard cash, nothing so far actually proving why more Pokemon would actually topple the whole thing, etc.

That's business I gues...Not that exciting though.

If nothing else, previous success will give Nintendo reason to press it further until there's definitive evidence saying it won't work out next time. "It'll look like Nintendo's pulling Pokemon out of thin air," and, "It'd be ridiculous," isn't definitive evidence, last time I checked. Should Nintendo actually come out with a fifth generation, I get the idea a fair number of people saying it won't work out will buy it anyways. =P

I can see what you're saying, but a good majority in the past and now are becoming less and less creative. First generation and second were original (with the exception of Furret and Sentret) Third had a lot of sloppy done Pokes, Fourth I had admit had some of the best. They did do injustice to Infernape and Blaziken. No one uses Blaziken much.

It's an opionated thing. What's cool to me, ain't necessarily cool to the next person. The basic idea is that Nintendo's not out of options. And cold hard cash says Nintendo will take options.

They probably will, not changing the fact that this Arceus really made it difficult for a fifth generation

It may just be me, but the idea of a 'Wandering Master' Fighting type Pokemon just sounds awesome.

Opinions = Win, but I want a change, Wandering Master is getting a little plain.

Again. Opinions. I do think they're a fairly refreshing break, though.

That's pretty confusing...I think you are over thinking this. Nintendo is going to do what it takes to make money, and if that means their story is a little inconsistent, they're going to make the game, sell the game, and get rich off the game, as always.
RESPONSE RESPONSE RESPONSE RESPONSE RESPONSE REPONSE BOLD BOLD BOLD

Opinions in bold above.^^^^^

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Magmortifed stfu please. You can't hold a debate for anything and your still noob on this site. And i don't care about your feelings or any1's feelings like you. I Could care less if i hurt you so badly you started crying. You have no info 2 back up your claims and uur in no position 2 be make such comments. Ur not cool, ur not awsm your a noob. You need 2 learn 2 stfu and just stay on topic. Your such a baby. You are not cool and nothing about you is cool. You argue just becuz u want a cry for attention. You'r showing off and you probably don't even know it. I know alot about what ppl say and your crying out for attention. I See it in ur words and what you say. You say it like a little child and i easily picked up on your babyish ways. And you dropped out becuz you couldn't handle it, either that or you think you'r cool which ur nothing but a noob. So magmortified, stfu and stop thinking ur so neat and cool and stop showing off. They're prolly not gonna make a 5th gen game and you need 2 learn 2 accept it. So stop being so babyish and stick 2 topic for once you noob. God you make me want 2 rant on u so bad but if i do i'l lget bnned which isn't good. So stfu. stop thinking ur so great, stop crying out for attention and go crawl down a hole noob. Back on topic. If they're gonna make a deity opposite 2 arceus they're gonna need more legenderies then that. They can't make a pokemon game with just one legendary. And i rly don't see it happening cuz what'st the plot gonna be? How's the story gonna connect in the timeline? All of these questions that you can't answer means that how are they gonna make another pokemon game? 5th generation? I Don't see it. What are the starters gonna be? What's the region gonna be called? What's the evil teams name gonna be? So im sticking with my facts and opinions you guys can stick with w/e u have.

Magmortified
June 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm really not in the mood to respond to the flaming parts of that post (and, y'know, the things I've obviously responded too before), but Gen. Five discussion opens up again!

If they're gonna make a deity opposite 2 arceus they're gonna need more legenderies then that. They can't make a pokemon game with just one legendary.

But now they aren't limited by the supposed restraint of, "You need to be around or above Arceus-level awesomeness," so it shouldn't be overly hard producing new legendaries. If memory serves, your main objection was that you can't go higher than Arceus. Minor legendaries past the Arceus counterpart aren't restrained by that.

And i rly don't see it happening cuz what'st the plot gonna be?

Same sorta thing they usually come out with. Evil team. Probably attempting to harness the power of some legendary for odd ends or whatever. Various twists and differences in the plot to avoid it from being too repetitive. The story's never been to big a problem.

How's the story gonna connect in the timeline?

Outside of G/S/C taking place about three years or so after R/B/Y, I'm really not too sure the games have a timeline. =P

All of these questions that you can't answer means that how are they gonna make another pokemon game?

Read above?

What are the starters gonna be?

Probably determined the same way Nintendo did the other four generations of starters.

What's the region gonna be called?

Haven't a clue. Likely going to be named after a province in Japan, though.

What's the evil teams name gonna be

Search me. Probably based on the goal of the group itself. Which will then likely be based on whatever central legendaries Nintendo conjures up.

Really, these things aren't so much game-breaking as parts of creative process Nintendo and other developers generally have to go through with any game.

your still noob on this site

Note: Noob is a different thing from newb. Of course, you may've been trying to call me a noob, but the context suggests you meant newb.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Noob is noob. No differenation from it. Noob means the same thing as newb. New, a person who is new at something all the same thing. And obviously from the looks of it your not dropping out of the argument.

Why are you responding i alrdy told u i don't even listen 2 what you say becuz i can and i don't have 2 hear what you say.

Magmortified
June 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Noob generally tends to have negative connotations - usually idiocy. While newb simply means that somebody is new. At least where I come from.

Why are you responding i alrdy told u i don't even listen 2 what you say becuz i can and i don't have 2 hear what you say.

Hey, if you're going to ask a question, it may as well be answered. If you're up for discussing it, I'm game. It's the blatant flaming thing I object to. =/

And, y'know, generally, even if you've not interest for what I have to say on matters you bring up, somebody else might; that's pretty much something I thought about on the way down.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Noob generally tends to have negative connotations - usually idiocy. While newb simply means that somebody is new. At least where I come from.

Hey, if you're going to ask a question, it may as well be answered. If you're up for discussing it, I'm game. It's the blatant flaming thing I object to. =/

And, y'know, generally, even if you've not interest for what I have to say on matters you bring up, somebody else might; that's pretty much something I thought about on the way down.

Where i come from noob means new no matter how you say it. And my questions don't have 2 be answered by you, i prefer they werent. And if i feel like flaming someone i will. And yes i have no interest in anything you say or do, nor will i ever will care so don't respond 2 me.

June 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Where i come from noob means new no matter how you say it. And my questions don't have 2 be answered by you, i prefer they werent. And if i feel like flaming someone i will. And yes i have no interest in anything you say or do, nor will i ever will care so don't respond 2 me.

You sound like me a few months back =0 Except I at least had class when I flamed. Flaming out in the open during a debate, in which two participants are exchanging well-thought out responses, isn't considered cool, bad***, or even remotely intimidating.

Noob and Newb have two very different meanings my friend.

n00b: one who is 1) Annoying and/or incapable of defending their points 2) Unable to use correct grammar in most occassions 3) Stubborn and doesn't allow themselves to be proven wrong

Newb: one who is new to a specific area/forum site or activity. Not truly annoying and/or stubborn.

Anti
June 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Raiph is obviously just throwing a temper tantrum, so I'll move on to King Tyranitar here (because I feel you're not trolling or anything >_<)

I really can't believe this Arceus argument is still being used. You could say that about Mew, but Nintendo just ignored their old definitions of Mew and made Arceus the new "god" of pokemon.

And does it really matter? If Suicune or Celebi was made this almighty Arceus-like god figure in the second generation, do you honestly think they wouldn't have made a third generation? Of course not! Nintendo is smart, and they are going to make a profit as long as they can. There is no proof they aren't going to make a new game, or that they'll stop the series. Pokemon Platinum is coming out soon, and it will probably sell like Emerald did, and Nintendo will make their money and they will want more money like any business.

The problem with your argument KT is that it's from a pokemon perspective. Nintendo is looking at things from a business perspective, not how godly they made Arceus.

We all know Nintendo makes very few changes from generation to generation (just more gameplay features and stuff, and new pokemon). Other than that, they're about the same. Nintendo doesn't need to live up to Arceus or whatever, and if they do, expect a new pokemon game with a pokemon with 150 in each base stat and Wonder Guard (an exageration, but you get my point).

And KT, interesting how you didn't respond to anything I said earlier ^_^ when it comes to business, money is much more important than living up to some poorly-designed, overhyped pokemon that I guarantee will be surpassed if Nintendo has to surpass it (though I still don't get that at all ._.)

Please answer this question...WHY would Nintendo stop the pokemon series? They obviously don't care about how good the pokemon look (I'm looking at you, Happiny) or how godly an existent pokemon is (I'm looking at Mew and Mewtwo), so why on earth would they stop it? Stopping pokemon would make no sense since Nintendo makes a fortune off of the series.

EDIT: I don't mean anything in a disrespectful way here KT. I'm honestly just trying to avoid the laughable flaming going on and stay on-topic.

Raiph
June 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Raiph is obviously just throwing a temper tantrum, so I'll move on to King Tyranitar here (because I feel you're not trolling or anything >_<)

I really can't believe this Arceus argument is still being used. You could say that about Mew, but Nintendo just ignored their old definitions of Mew and made Arceus the new "god" of pokemon.

And does it really matter? If Suicune or Celebi was made this almighty Arceus-like god figure in the second generation, do you honestly think they wouldn't have made a third generation? Of course not! Nintendo is smart, and they are going to make a profit as long as they can. There is no proof they aren't going to make a new game, or that they'll stop the series. Pokemon Platinum is coming out soon, and it will probably sell like Emerald did, and Nintendo will make their money and they will want more money like any business.

The problem with your argument KT is that it's from a pokemon perspective. Nintendo is looking at things from a business perspective, not how godly they made Arceus.

We all know Nintendo makes very few changes from generation to generation (just more gameplay features and stuff, and new pokemon). Other than that, they're about the same. Nintendo doesn't need to live up to Arceus or whatever, and if they do, expect a new pokemon game with a pokemon with 150 in each base stat and Wonder Guard (an exageration, but you get my point).

And KT, interesting how you didn't respond to anything I said earlier ^_^ when it comes to business, money is much more important than living up to some poorly-designed, overhyped pokemon that I guarantee will be surpassed if Nintendo has to surpass it (though I still don't get that at all ._.)

Please answer this question...WHY would Nintendo stop the pokemon series? They obviously don't care about how good the pokemon look (I'm looking at you, Happiny) or how godly an existent pokemon is (I'm looking at Mew and Mewtwo), so why on earth would they stop it? Stopping pokemon would make no sense since Nintendo makes a fortune off of the series.

Oh wow here comes the big n00b of them all! You also just want a piece of action cuz u also want a cry out for attention. You need 2 think be4 u post n00b cuz all you want is just attention so learn 2 stfu and go crawl down a hole. Your obviosuly the one throwing a tantrum and you need 2 learn 2 stfu you n00b. Your not even here 2 debate, you just want 2 fight with every1. So you can keep crying for attention all you want thinking ur a bad*** or thinking ur so cool when your just a n00b. Stfu and stay on topic and stop crying becuz no1 wants 2 here your lame excuses. You'r prolly gonna throw a tantrum over this since your obviosuly younger then you say you are, So go cry me a river noob and stfu.

On Topic: If nintendo even thinks about making a 5th gen game, we won't be hearing about it for a few years. Once again im sticking with my facts and my opinions and only time will tell if they will have plans for a 5th gen pokemon game. And once again anti pop culture warrior, learn 2 stfu and shut the big lid on your face for a change eh?

June 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Oh wow here comes the big n00b of them all! You also just want a piece of action cuz u also want a cry out for attention. You need 2 think be4 u post n00b cuz all you want is just attention so learn 2 stfu and go crawl down a hole. Your obviosuly the one throwing a tantrum and you need 2 learn 2 stfu you n00b. Your not even here 2 debate, you just want 2 fight with every1. So you can keep crying for attention all you want thinking ur a bad*** or thinking ur so cool when your just a n00b. Stfu and stay on topic and stop crying becuz no1 wants 2 here your lame excuses. You'r prolly gonna throw a tantrum over this since your obviosuly younger then you say you are, So go cry me a river noob and stfu.

Considering AP is one of the most respected members of this forum (due to the fact that when he posts, he knows what he's talking about) I'd say this post is uneeded, unflamatory spam.

@AP

I take no offense whatsoever ;) You're probably right about the business standpoint of this, but what I'm saying is that a new gen would be awkward, almost uneeded. Unless it's really, REALLY good, I might just stick with DP.

Anti
June 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
@ KT:

No generation after the first was needed. Still, each one is at least pretty good (I didn't like DP much because of the offensive favoritism). Nintendo generally is good about keeping their storyline from driving you crazy despite being more repetitive than the end of Hey Jude (which is saying something lol).

@ Raiph

lol

June 9th, 2008, 04:51 PM
@ KT:

No generation after the first was needed. Still, each one is at least pretty good (I didn't like DP much because of the offensive favoritism). Nintendo generally is good about keeping their storyline from driving you crazy despite being more repetitive than the end of Hey Jude (which is saying something lol).

@ Raiph

lol

But then there would be no T-tar :( You're right that the first gen was all that was needed, but Nintendo is slipping on creativity, most of the new Poke's are either evolved from old Poke's, or just plain similar to previous ones.

Gokey Shuckle
June 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Bravo on the massive amount of maturity in this thread. Raiph, you are the main reason why this thread could be closed if you continue down your corrupt path of flaming.

Aquilae
June 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
stuff

Ad Hominem abusive.

---

I agree with APCW and Mag here. Nintendo's main motivation is money, because it is a business. I really doubt they would ditch the franchise just because they have run out of fresh ideas, the huge amount of Pokemon spin-offs and the popularity of the anime attributes to that. I don't believe that Nintendo would discontinue the franchise because of Arceus being unable to top, it would not be a problem considering previous situations like in the case of Mew.

Nintendo's storyline is repetitive, but it is geared towards a younger audience, and it is proven that it works. There is a new batch of customers everytime a generation of pokemon is released, it is better for Nintendo to stick to the tried and tested method instead of thinking up a new storyline which may or may not work.

I also believe that the reason why second generation was made (and to a lesser extent, the 3rd and 4th generations) was to decentralise the competitive metagame. It was evident that the first generation was centered heavily around offense, the few recovery moves were considered suicidal, and the unbalanced ~25% critical rate made it even worse. Nintendo has been paying attention to the competitive aspect of the game as seen when it released the Battle Towers and Frontier, and online WiFi battling, and knows that the competitive play is the main factor driving older players to play pokemon. Of course, this is all theory from me, but I think it would be in Nintendo's best interests to establish a fair metagame and add variety to it, to attract the older audience, most of them teens or young adults.

SakuraChan
June 9th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm more comfortable with the games already out. A fifth generation isn't needed as far as many opinions go. I have a feeling after the 4th generation games are done and over, they'll remake every game to a newer version with more complicated plots and keep the same ol' Pokemon.
I think they were pushing it with the 4th generation, but getting near to 500 pokemon seems ridiculous. How much can the Pokemon world occupy?

AJ™
June 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
How much can the Pokemon world occupy?

If we're basing it off the real world.
There are over 1 billion different species.
So.
Look for 999,999,999,999,500 (I think) more pokemon!

Mitchman
June 10th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Also look at the new platinum screens. Although you might disagree with me Ill say it. The game in my opinion doesnt look like something with new features. The way its goin its a whole new thing. If nintendo keeps factors of it puts some into gen 5 takes new stuff puts it in and more it can be worth it.

Raiph
June 10th, 2008, 06:14 AM
They're just gonna make newer version of 4th gen pokemon. They're not gonna make another 150 pokemon just 2 add 2 the series. They'll make newer versions and that's about it.

@Archuleta Shuckle: I couldn't be happier if you closed this topic. That way no1 would be able 2 fking complain about a 5th gen game coming out. And if i feel like flaming i'll do it and i won't care what happens. Period.

Ryousha
June 10th, 2008, 06:33 AM
If you guys complain anymore, of Raiph being framed, GOD.

You guys are a real pushover you know that?!

Raiph
June 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
You see they won't get over me. And as you've read i didn't INTENTIONALLY start fighting with these kids. It went from a debate 2 them all ranting on me (mods included).

jaggy101
June 10th, 2008, 11:17 AM
please stop fighting on my thread its making me annoyed

June 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
If you guys complain anymore, of Raiph being framed, GOD.

You guys are a real pushover you know that?!

Who the hell are you? You can't just come in here and start insulting people when you haven't done a single thing.

You see they won't get over me. And as you've read i didn't INTENTIONALLY start fighting with these kids. It went from a debate 2 them all ranting on me (mods included).

"Kids"? Considering how n00bish and how childish you've been acting, I'd argue that you are the kid.

I'm done here. This thread was flamed to the ground by Raiph because he can't admit being wrong.

Magmortified
June 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM
A rather simpler fix instead of locking is to just ban Raiph from posting in this thread. As far as I can see, all the things everybody's agitated over are based in Raiph's posts. So saying he can't post in the thread anymore would allow discussion to resume (And fifth gen-discussion is cool).

But, it's really more up to the mods.

BREAKINGBEN
June 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
But... if he doesn't post... then where will I get my daily LOLs?

I agree with (most) in this thread. Nintendo is a business, business needs money to survive, money puts food on the table, food = life, very simple. More recently, I think Nintendo is lacking in the creativity department. Most D/P Pokemon are just copies of others made in the first generations, or evolutions. Starly = Pidgey, Bidoof = Rattata etc. Hardly any creativity. Personally, I think that the story line is bland, repetitive, not very exciting. There is hardly anything we haven't seen before. C'mon Nintendo... WOW us!

Now onto the dough. Let's not look at Pokemon for a while, just think about the Wii. Yes it's a fun gaming system for all, families love it, kids can't get enough of it, there isn't enough consoles available in the first 12 months for everyone so it MUST be good. Unfortunately, I think that the Wii is the biggest Cash Cow Nintendo has ever put out there. Some games ARE good (Brawl, Twilight Princess etc.) but others are just out there for profit. Perfect example, movies that are turned into video games. How many times has a movie-based video game succeeded? Not a lot. Most have bad graphics, awkward story lines, and weird controls. If you want more examples of these, google AVGN and watch his reviews of some movies turned into games, you'll be shocked on how bad they actually are.

Next are the accessories. Once again, if you want to avoid a block of text and watch something useful, watch AVGN's NES accessories. Prime example of what I'm about to say.

Most accessories are well... plastic. I mean, just LOOK at the Wii Sports pack (thing...). All that comes in it are plastic add-ons to your controller. Tennis racket, baseball bat, golf club? Really? C'mon! 30 dollars for a bunch of junk isn't worth it... just another way to milk the Wii for every last cent.

Others... I just don't see how they are possible. Three different types of controllers to start out with (Wii-Remote, Nunchuck, Classic Controller), then a whole bunch more 'added in' to the game for an extra 10 bucks (Mario Kart steering wheel). Stick with one controller and play the game! No need to get fancy.

The Wii is one of Nintendo's main source of money, just like Pokemon was and is. It will keep being milked for all it's worth until kids "grow-up" and 5-year-olds want to play Rambo on the Xbox 900. But, all we have to look forward to is more non-creativity and less exciting gameplay. The upcoming 5th generation better be something special, or those that have some brains will leave the franchise for good... I know I will.

Bottom line: I think the 5th generation will OFFICIALLY mark the downfall of Pokemon as we knew it (Kanto/Johto)... if Diamond and Pearl already haven't done so.

Magmortified
June 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Most D/P Pokemon are just copies of others made in the first generations, or evolutions. Starly = Pidgey, Bidoof = Rattata etc. Hardly any creativity. Personally, I think that the story line is bland, repetitive, not very exciting. There is hardly anything we haven't seen before. C'mon Nintendo... WOW us!

In fairness, Bidoof and Starly are basically the generational equivelants that are in every generation. Similar to the starters.

Rattata = Sentret = Zigzagoon = Bidoof

I guess it's easier to draw a special comparison between Starly and Pidgey because they both evolve twice, so it'd look a slight more like this:

Pidgey = Starly
Hoothoot = Taillow

wobbuffet1224
June 10th, 2008, 06:55 PM
It would be cooler if it was more like the show the pokemon would talk like there should *say there name not a strange noise* can carry one of your pokemon around with you *Like Yellow or Amity Square* Can have a partner person to walk around with you, chose if you want to be a Gym battler or Contest person, can decide on your clothing have the bad guys following you to capture your partner pokemon, a different pokemon center everywhere and can have different contsets like in the episode named *All dressed up and nowhere to go* like you can completely change your pokemon looks.

This all sounds very good but i would also like to have the option of playing through the game doing contests and collecting gym badges. I like the idea about your pokemon following you i always liked that about yellow. As far as the Gym Batler or contest person goes i have a felling that most people would end up as Gym Battlers (unless maybe there was a special item or pokemon for each). BTW there could also be a pokemon breeder path that you could choose to follow. All in all this sounds like a pretty good idea although i have a feeling that pokemon will stay the way it is.

Hypntick
June 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm amazed no one has noticed they are opening it up for a 5th gen already. Deoxys. The fact that there is a pokemon from outer space opens up huge options for them. Run out of space for a new continent? How about a whole different planet? I also believe the fact that they are planning to give him out here soon at gamestop is also a nice nudge in that direction. Am I right? I have no idea, but I think it makes the most sense. And if you think they can't come up with another 100+ pokemon, or are not willing to take the time and effort to do so......

1. Pokémon Diamond (1.045 million) - DS
2. PokémonPearl (712,000) - DS

That was just in the first month of release. How many of those people also bought a DS just to play pokemon on? If i'm not mistaken the game at release sold for $35.99 US, that's around 63 million dollars in 1 month just on these two games alone. Now figure 1/4 of the people also bought a DS, I think that sold for around $199 or so, give or take, that's another 87 million. Now the DS figures are just rough estimates and it could be a lot less or it could be a lot more. Didn't take the time to find those figures exactly.

Heck take a redesigned DS, slap a pokemon theme on it, mark the price up $50 higher than the standard, package it with a 5th gen pokemon game, and you're sitting on more money than 99.99999% of us will ever see in our lives total. If you think Nintendo is going to pass up on that kind of cash cow, then you apparently have no concept of business in the real world.

Tsuin
June 10th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Somehow I manage to repeat this in most every post I make, but Nintendo needs better storylines. Each generation of pokemon mostly copies the last generation, adding a few minor changes, but never something revolutionary. If they made a 5th gen, it would most likely do the same thing R/S/E has done and D/P/P has done; add slightly over 100 pokemon, a new region, and some small other things, but would still not let us return to previous areas. As to the thing with Arceus, I don't think it's that big a deal, as they don't have to make a higher deity, they could stick with the trios and other random legends such as Heatran and Cresselia.

Anti
June 10th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Somehow I manage to repeat this in most every post I make, but Nintendo needs better storylines. Each generation of pokemon mostly copies the last generation, adding a few minor changes, but never something revolutionary. If they made a 5th gen, it would most likely do the same thing R/S/E has done and D/P/P has done; add slightly over 100 pokemon, a new region, and some small other things, but would still not let us return to previous areas. As to the thing with Arceus, I don't think it's that big a deal, as they don't have to make a higher deity, they could stick with the trios and other random legends such as Heatran and Cresselia.

The thing is that Nintendo doesn't need to revolutionize the series as it would be unnecessary. IMO the physical/special split did enough of that. The series is successful enough, so fixing something that isn't broken (to Nintendo at least) isn't going to happen.

I agree that the storyline is horribly predictable, but that doesn't stop most people from buying the games, and until it does, it won't change.

But I'm with you, I'd like it to change...it's just not gonna happen :(

hothead
June 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
BY the way im really sick of people saying that they are going to end it with Acres that pokemon is crap and just because it is a god pokemon so what the pokemon legendaries do not have to get better everytime and what is to say there will not be more god pokemon

jaggy101
June 11th, 2008, 06:54 AM
This all sounds very good but i would also like to have the option of playing through the game doing contests and collecting gym badges. I like the idea about your pokemon following you i always liked that about yellow. As far as the Gym Batler or contest person goes i have a felling that most people would end up as Gym Battlers (unless maybe there was a special item or pokemon for each). BTW there could also be a pokemon breeder path that you could choose to follow. All in all this sounds like a pretty good idea although i have a feeling that pokemon will stay the way it is.
That would be cool but seen as thers alot of people wanting more it could be much cooler if it kept going.

Dunsparce
June 11th, 2008, 07:19 AM

I hate virtually all of those ideas.

You might as well call it "Pokemon Anime-like Version"

Really, Anime Cannon is NOT the same as Videogame Cannon. If you want those stupid features, make your own game or something. Or just watch The Anime wearing your Pikachu Slippers and cuddling with your Ash doll.

superaipom
June 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
First off, I have just read every single post on this page. Wow. I have never heard a more rude, arrogant, and ignorant group of human beings. I am not saying that I am Mr. Perfect. I know I'm not right on everything. No one is. I would just like to say that this ENTIRE thread is OPINIONS! Just because someone says something does not mean that it is true. Just because you think something, does not mean that EVERYONE else in the world has to ABSOLUTELY agree with you. I love how some people say that they ABSOLUTELY know that Nintendo is done. They know for a fact that Nintendo isn't making any more pokemon games. I would love to meet all of you that think that and see you in four years. I'll make an appointment. Let’s keep in touch.

Now that that's settled, time for my opinion on this. I agree with a lot of things on this thread. I agree with both sides on some things. Like it has been said a LOT before here, I suspect the following equation: PEOPLE + POKEMON GAMES= :classic: PEOPLE
:classic: PEOPLE WANTING MORE POKEMON GAMES= NINTENDO MAKING MORE POKEMON GAMES! Money is always an issue with businesses. (Obviously) But I really do believe that Nintendo does like making people happy. They enjoy making games for people to play. Yes it does cost time and money to make games. We know that. Everyone knows that. It is HARD work. But does that mean video game companies throw in the towel? "Sorry guys, we're too tired and it costs too much to make video games so, say goodbye to 'em....forever!" Yeeeeah, don't think so. My prognosis: People wanting more pokemon games = Nintendo giving people more pokemon games.

As for the Arceus argument, I really don't see how that's an argument. I see where both sides are coming from on this. I completely agree with the fact that there is nothing higher than god and it does really seem like Nintendo dug their own grave. But just because we know that there is a god, does that mean that everything pauses at a stand-still? As almost every religion believes, there is some sort of form of a god, correct? We know that there is a god, right? Well, now that we know that there is a god, (in real life) does that mean that we are all done, there's nothing higher than god so we just stop and give up? Ooops, sorry, wrong answer. Not to suddenly change the subject but I think that Nintendo can do other things besides new pokemon. Personally, I don't think that there ALWAYS has to be something bigger and better in every game. Of course, we would like to see new features and other new game-play, but does there always have to be a new better pokemon? And if Nintendo was going to make a new legendary or new pokemon, I’m sure that Nintendo can pull it off and work it out. And who knows, (sorry, I’m changing the subject again) maybe arceus isn't the god of everything. Maybe he is just the god of the heavens. No one knows. If I am correct, there are other things in our world besides the heavens. If anyone has proof that arceus is the god that created everything, please share. I LOVE to be proven wrong.

Now, as for new features, I have no idea. I really have no clue what Nintendo will come up with next. Now for my OPINION. I believe that Nintendo will continue to make a 5th Generation and on. Until Pokemon loses its fan-base, which I do admit has gone down since the beginning; I believe that it will continue on for quite awhile. You are free to counter my opinions and share your opinions but please do not just tear me to shreds with ridiculous claims without any evidence. Thank you and I hope to see you on the forums!

Yuoaman
June 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM
This is directed at Raif, and is not meant to be derrogatory, nor insulting (though you probably deserve it...)

First: Your grammer, unless you are missing several keys on your keyboard there is no excuse for using the grammer you have used. Just because it sounds akin to a word you wish to use doesn't make them the same thing... (Example: '2' is either 'to', 'too', or 'two'. '1' is 'one'. 'becuz' is 'because'. And the list goes on...)

Second: A debate is defined as an argument of ideas supported by facts and examples. All you have given are opinions. You say you have proof, though you have no cited where this proof comes from. You have also stated that everyone is acting childish, and simply arguing for the the sake of arguing, but who, I ask is the one who flames people when they present concrete facts which contradict the person in question?

Third: How dare you call Magmortared a n00b, or newb for you seem unable to distingish the difference... If you named him the latter it is simply idiocy, Magmortared has been here a solid year, while you only a handful of weeks. If you named him the former that is just more idiocy, in all his posts Magmortared has been clear, concise, and gramatically correct, while you have been vague, stubborn, and used lazy grammer...

Also; as an afterthought: aren't you a tad old to spend your time insulting on a forum??

BREAKINGBEN
June 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Oi... you always have to make your posts thought out to make mine look like crap dontcha? XD!!

First off, I have just read every single post on this page. Wow. I have never heard a more rude, arrogant, and ignorant group of human beings. I am not saying that I am Mr. Perfect. I know I'm not right on everything. No one is. I would just like to say that this ENTIRE thread is OPINIONS! Just because someone says something does not mean that it is true. Just because you think something, does not mean that EVERYONE else in the world has to ABSOLUTELY agree with you. I love how some people say that they ABSOLUTELY know that Nintendo is done. They know for a fact that Nintendo isn't making any more pokemon games. I would love to meet all of you that think that and see you in four years. I'll make an appointment. Let’s keep in touch.

Way to be man... way to be. Great job summarizing everything into a single paragraph. But, yeah. Arrogance and Ignorance is completely foolish and not needed. It just shows one's lack of knowledge without them acknowledging it directly. It's like their saying that their stupid... without even knowing it :P. Oh, and I will be holding you to that four years thing :).

Now that that's settled, time for my opinion on this. I agree with a lot of things on this thread. I agree with both sides on some things. Like it has been said a LOT before here, I suspect the following equation: PEOPLE + POKEMON GAMES= :classic: PEOPLE
:classic: PEOPLE WANTING MORE POKEMON GAMES= NINTENDO MAKING MORE POKEMON GAMES! Money is always an issue with businesses. (Obviously) But I really do believe that Nintendo does like making people happy. They enjoy making games for people to play. Yes it does cost time and money to make games. We know that. Everyone knows that. It is HARD work. But does that mean video game companies throw in the towel? "Sorry guys, we're too tired and it costs too much to make video games so, say goodbye to 'em....forever!" Yeeeeah, don't think so. My prognosis: People wanting more pokemon games = Nintendo giving people more pokemon games.

Hehe... prognosis. Big words that I have no idea what they mean :). I personally think that Nintendo loves money. They could care less about suiting major needs to their fans (especially if they do NOT make a G/S/C remake), they just want to keep a steady fan base, regardless of what the fan's attitudes are towards them. But I also think that they are gaining more support by hosting all of these easily-accessible events. Video Games are hard work? Yeah! You got that right! Just THINK of how long it took to perfect all of those tiny details in GTA IV, PLUS the fact the developers get to brag about having only ONE loading screen the entire game :).

As for the Arceus argument, I really don't see how that's an argument. I see where both sides are coming from on this. I completely agree with the fact that there is nothing higher than god and it does really seem like Nintendo dug their own grave. But just because we know that there is a god, does that mean that everything pauses at a stand-still? As almost every religion believes, there is some sort of form of a god, correct? We know that there is a god, right? Well, now that we know that there is a god, (in real life) does that mean that we are all done, there's nothing higher than god so we just stop and give up? Ooops, sorry, wrong answer. Not to suddenly change the subject but I think that Nintendo can do other things besides new pokemon. Personally, I don't think that there ALWAYS has to be something bigger and better in every game. Of course, we would like to see new features and other new game-play, but does there always have to be a new better pokemon? And if Nintendo was going to make a new legendary or new pokemon, I’m sure that Nintendo can pull it off and work it out. And who knows, (sorry, I’m changing the subject again) maybe arceus isn't the god of everything. Maybe he is just the god of the heavens. No one knows. If I am correct, there are other things in our world besides the heavens. If anyone has proof that arceus is the god that created everything, please share. I LOVE to be proven wrong.

Eh, watch out with the religion thing there Zach. Don't want to start another debate on this thread (that ISN'T worth people's time). But, other than that, yeah. I think it would be kind of neat if Nintendo went with a Greek like thing with different Pokemon gods for different elements/seasons etc. Then they could have more ideas for designs, AND the ability to actually create another 150+ Pokemon. Even though the Pokedex did say that Arceus is the 'god-Pokemon'... it also stated that it was all part of mythology, which definitely makes it shaky. Plus it gives another good reason to make a Zeus Pokemon :D.

Now, as for new features, I have no idea. I really have no clue what Nintendo will come up with next. Now for my OPINION. I believe that Nintendo will continue to make a 5th Generation and on. Until Pokemon loses its fan-base, which I do admit has gone down since the beginning; I believe that it will continue on for quite awhile. You are free to counter my opinions and share your opinions but please do not just tear me to shreds with ridiculous claims without any evidence. Thank you and I hope to see you on the forums!

Yay, someone agrees with me about the fan base! :D!

Comments in bold. Mostly great ideas, nice post 'aipom :).

Raiph
June 12th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Bunch of fking n00bs on this forum none of you have any idea wtf your talking about anymore. You guys aren't even on topic, your all ranting at me so stfu and a fking life. Obviously im known around here and you kids can't get over what i did. Like i care. All of you aren't even on topic anymore and i call whoever i want a n00b regardless of what you mofo's have 2 say. I'll do w/e i want whenever i want and i don't even use this forum anymore cuz i think the mods suck and they're total asses. So you kids need 2 stfu, stay on topic and stop arguing about stupid things like, oh your grammar's wrong or oh you guys are wrong they're totally making a 5th gen and i so know this for a fact. No you don't you ppl don't know anything you'r all so ignorant and stupid for even arguing about this. This topic is pointless as it's gotten out of hand cuz you kids aren't even on the fking topic. So stfu and some1 lock this fking topic.

jaggy101
June 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I hate virtually all of those ideas.

You might as well call it "Pokemon Anime-like Version"

Really, Anime Cannon is NOT the same as Videogame Cannon. If you want those stupid features, make your own game or something. Or just watch The Anime wearing your Pikachu Slippers and cuddling with your Ash doll.
OMG i'm not that focused on mPokemon i just like the game and tv show i'm not that mental about it the only thing i have pokemon on it well is nothing so :P

Hypntick
June 12th, 2008, 10:34 AM
As far as what I'd like to see in a 5th generation game, not just 3d backgrounds, full 3d pokemon and characters, or perhaps something like cell shading done. More wi-fi enabled areas and situations. I'd love to see some outer space action, new planets etc. I believe that the games as a whole are generally to short, add a lot more story and areas to explore. Other than that, i'm pleased overall with the way the games have gone so far.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'll like to see this as I posted in another thread on this website

Pre-evo of Kangaskhan. It will finally explain the pkmn in her pouch. Either make that Pkmn evolve into a male version of Kasgaskhan or if its a male it won't evolve(like combee) and the females evolve into Kangi

:t354:TG

superaipom
June 12th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Raiph (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=89420) http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/foreverstanding/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Booted out for a while

I never thought I would see the day.
Bunch of fking n00bs on this forum none of you have any idea wtf your talking about anymore. You guys aren't even on topic, your all ranting at me so stfu and a fking life. Obviously im known around here and you kids can't get over what i did. Like i care. All of you aren't even on topic anymore and i call whoever i want a n00b regardless of what you mofo's have 2 say. I'll do w/e i want whenever i want and i don't even use this forum anymore cuz i think the mods suck and they're total asses. So you kids need 2 stfu, stay on topic and stop arguing about stupid things like, oh your grammar's wrong or oh you guys are wrong they're totally making a 5th gen and i so know this for a fact. No you don't you ppl don't know anything you'r all so ignorant and stupid for even arguing about this. This topic is pointless as it's gotten out of hand cuz you kids aren't even on the fking topic. So stfu and some1 lock this fking topic.
He got ignorant from me! He didn't even know that word before me.
Alrighty, do you think he cussed enough? If he ever comes back to this forum as a real adult, I hope he reads this and realizes how much of an idiot he was. Now, as I could care less about grammer, (no offense to people who do) I support raiph in the getting off subject just a tad as he mentioned in his "last words." But other than the grammer thing, I do not think we have gotten off subject at all. The reason for making this thread was: A) To say what new features we want to see in a possible 5th generation and B) To discuss if there will be a 5th generation game. Not prove that your right and everyone else is wrong.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, but has anyone who supports a 5th generation game said anything about said person being completly right? Has anyone said that they know that there is going to be a 5th Generation game? All I have heard is opinions. I have tried to be nice and just focus it on everyone in this thread but I have to say, the main person who is saying "I'm right, you're wrong because I say so," is Raiph. So I completly disagree with that part of raiph's "last words."

He says this topic is stupid, yet he has posted on it many times. Then he blames the forum and the thread for him getting booted off. He throws a 5-year-old fit about how everything is bad on this forum just because people are proving him wrong. Wow, this guy is high-larious. (funny sarcastic humor) (okay, its really not that funny =] ) At least now we can have some decent debates.

CloudXX
June 13th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Your off topic. Stop ranting on him and leave him the fk alone and chill the fk out ok? You being n00b just talking 2 him. get back on topic bud. Anyway i personally am fine with the games that are currently out. I Mean d/p was a smashing hit and platnium is also gonna be a big hit in america when it get's released. I Don't see them making a 5th gen game mainly becuz the story would prolly be wierd seeing more new pokemon and another story,region.evil team,town names etc. So all that aside, I Don't thin kthey're gonna make a 5th gen game but since this is a debate that's just my opinion.

BREAKINGBEN
June 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
(Hmm... it seems as though he uses the same exact form of typing as Raiph did... "fk", "fking", "2"... :O!).

But seriously, what's done is done. Just continue the topic as normal... he's gone, you don't have to keep ranting on about him (in post... PM/AIM is fine).

I was thinking about an Outer Space thing. I've seen a LOT of people posting about that idea both in this 5th Gen spec. and Platinum spec. thread. Personally, I think it would be awesome if it was done, but then I think that it's just too... out there, you know? Like, there are SO MANY possibilities for the developers if they go with space. New Planets, New Creatures, New Life forms, new ANYTHING, but it can kinda wear down after a while. Plus it's REALLY easy to mess up. If you get too creative, you rick losing the whole fan base completely, but if you keep it the same as always, they'll still leave. It's cool if Nintendo... actually GAMEFREAK if I'm not mistaken... does a few Outer Space games, but then sometime it will have to come back down to Earth. Literally.

I want to see the Pokemon franchise end with a game that combines all of the regions into one, no matter how MANY the developers decide to make. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre (can't forget that), Sinnoh etc. all into one. Plus all of the heroes that made the games possible. Red, Hiro, Wes, Lucas/Dawn, uhm... the Hoenn guy. It'd be cool. Plus all of the bad teams rolled into one, and all of the Gyms you'd have to face. I think the 5th/6th/7th and so on Generations WILL be mediocre, but the ending has the potential to be something great.

Outer Space game... cool, but too extreme if it gets out of hand.

superaipom
June 13th, 2008, 05:16 PM
First off, I'm sorry CloudXx and everyone, I was still talking about raiph. My apologies.

(Hmm... it seems as though he uses the same exact form of typing as Raiph did... "fk", "fking", "2"... :O!).

But seriously, what's done is done. Just continue the topic as normal... he's gone, you don't have to keep ranting on about him (in post... PM/AIM is fine).

I was thinking about an Outer Space thing. I've seen a LOT of people posting about that idea both in this 5th Gen spec. and Platinum spec. thread. Personally, I think it would be awesome if it was done, but then I think that it's just too... out there, you know? Like, there are SO MANY possibilities for the developers if they go with space. New Planets, New Creatures, New Life forms, new ANYTHING, but it can kinda wear down after a while. Plus it's REALLY easy to mess up. If you get too creative, you rick losing the whole fan base completely, but if you keep it the same as always, they'll still leave. It's cool if Nintendo... actually GAMEFREAK if I'm not mistaken... does a few Outer Space games, but then sometime it will have to come back down to Earth. Literally.

I want to see the Pokemon franchise end with a game that combines all of the regions into one, no matter how MANY the developers decide to make. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre (can't forget that), Sinnoh etc. all into one. Plus all of the heroes that made the games possible. Red, Hiro, Wes, Lucas/Dawn, uhm... the Hoenn guy. It'd be cool. Plus all of the bad teams rolled into one, and all of the Gyms you'd have to face. I think the 5th/6th/7th and so on Generations WILL be mediocre, but the ending has the potential to be something great.

Outer Space game... cool, but too extreme if it gets out of hand.
I agree with practically everything you said. I would LOVE to see a space game. A whole clan of deoxys-like pokemon would be amazing. Who knows, maybe the upcoming deoxys event is just a tiny little hint of a possible 5th generation space game ehh? Anyway, I think Nintendo could take a space game anywhere they wanted.

I could not agree with you more on the combined regions. I have always wanted a game that combined all of the regions, it would make things a whole lot more
convenient. I think it would also be cool if you could somehow customize your character like in PBR. I wish we could also pick your starter from a list of pokemon not just three pokemon.

So yeah, I basically agree with everything you said. Nice ideas!

Magmortified
June 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Super Pokemon... GALAXY!!! =O

Isn't it kind of hilarious that whenever somebody like CloudXX says, "ur offtopic!" they're ironically being off-topic as well? =P

Anyhow, I've already given most of my ideas on Gen. Five. But a few more outer-space Pokemon would be totally sweet. Alienmon! =D

I wouldn't mind a rather difference in setting (though setting it all in space would be a little extreme). Maybe an idea would be to split the game up into several mini-regions that you can travel between. Kind of like smaller countries to Kanto, Johto, etc. The main problem is how the gym system'd work; maybe badges would work interchangeably or something.

CloudXX
June 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Super Pokemon... GALAXY!!! =O

Isn't it kind of hilarious that whenever somebody like CloudXX says, "ur offtopic!" they're ironically being off-topic as well? =P

Anyhow, I've already given most of my ideas on Gen. Five. But a few more outer-space Pokemon would be totally sweet. Alienmon! =D

I wouldn't mind a rather difference in setting (though setting it all in space would be a little extreme). Maybe an idea would be to split the game up into several mini-regions that you can travel between. Kind of like smaller countries to Kanto, Johto, etc. The main problem is how the gym system'd work; maybe badges would work interchangeably or something.

Offtopic? I Beg 2 differ my friend. I Believe you don't know what your talking about.

Anyway i guess a space pokemon game would be nice, I'd love 2 see a pokemon game that takes place in space but at the same time it does feel kinda stupid. I Mean space? Sounds a little hokey if you ask me. I'd prefer maybe a game that takes place in the past or future. That'd be rly nice and i think it'd be awsm. And being able 2 time travel i think it would make a great idea and if they ever were gonna make a 5th gen game, it would be real nice if it was a time travel-ish game. It would be nice being able 2 jump from the past, 2 the present and future. But a 5th gen game would be unlikely, it's still plausible.

Btw call me cloud.

Young Stunna'
June 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Those of you who think they will drop pokemon because they made Arceus the god of it are probably wrong. Wasn't Ho-oh the god of pokemon not to long ago? They stress this more and more each time. I mean what if Arceus decided he wanted to create more pokemon?

And have they even released Arceus yet?

BREAKINGBEN
June 13th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Oi, yeah. We ARE getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Arceus hasn't been released, and neither has Platinum... and yet here we are predicting stuff about 5th gen :). I guess it's never too early to start.

Back on the subject of a multi-region game. Maybe it could be like GTA? No... not Gangster Pokemon with pistols shooting others because of a drug deal gone wrong, I mean like the way you move from Point A to Point B. You just pull up the map, pick a town in any region, and BAM, you're there! It would make travel a lot easier, and you could explore regions a lot faster. I know flying essentially does the same thing... wait, what was my point again?

Another thing I've always wanted in a Pokemon game was the addition of towns from the anime. I personally think the games need more towns with fun stuff to do, rather than more towns with either a Contest (which I never really liked), or a Gym. Or the developers could add the Orange Islands on the map if they ever made a multi-region game. For instance, I believe Ash had to win an Orange Island badge by beating one of the leaders in a Lapras race. Now wouldn't that be fun to do in-game? It's something brand new, and you're not just strolling around for hours battling wild Pokemon.

ALSO! can't I just call him raiph? ... I'm not that mean or judging of people... just pick one :D.

Harry Blue5
June 14th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I wonder what Pokémon Platinum Version is going to be like. It's the third game of the DS ones and the sequel to D/P.

CloudXX
June 14th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Platnium is probably the same thing as d/p just with giratina's origin form and shaymin's sky form and maybe a few new events and areas. Nothing 2 big.

superaipom
June 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I do agree that a game that takes place in space would be, in my opinion, the stupidest thing that Nintendo and Gamefreak has ever done. No, I am not a total hippogrit, I just thought that a whole group of pokemon from space would be really cool.

I agree with 'BEN that arriving at a new town should be a new experience, a new journey, something...special. Not just, "Hey, what a surprise?! It's another gym!" Then going up to somebody "Hey, what else can you do in this town?" Person says, "Oh we have a contest arena, and over here we have....well...nothing. Why don't you turn your direction this way and...ooh, crap. Nothing." To me, battling gym leaders and doing contests gets boring. Well duh, of course you can't get rid of them, that would make pokemon...well, not pokemon. But Nintendo should make some new features, like something special you can do in each town.

I think Nintendo's creative juices are almost out. But I still think they can squeeze at the least, one more generation out of them. I found the storyline to be pretty blan in D/P. I hope Nintendo can make storylines, pokemon, and new features a little more...creative I guess, in a possible 5th generation game. I wish Nintendo would take a huge risk, go out on a limb, and make something so random and different from what they have done in the past wih pokemon games. I am just, what's the word, umm....bored. If Nintendo can't excite us again, I think they can possibly lose their pokemon fanbase. And that combined with lack of creativity, could end pokemon life as we know it. FOREVER!!
Ha! That was so much fun to say!

Horyo
June 15th, 2008, 05:55 PM
For a 5th gen game I'd like to see the pokemon actually attacking xD Like a Jigglypuff's pink paw doing the double slap, or water shooting from Blastoise's cannons.

Iono, just like personalized poke attacks would be amazing.

Gacs
June 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Clothing customization would be nice. I don't expect them to let you pick your own trainer design, skin tone, eyes color and all that, just simple clothing customization. Perhaps buy clothes? Lol.

superaipom
June 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Clothing customization would be nice. I don't expect them to let you pick your own trainer design, skin tone, eyes color and all that, just simple clothing customization. Perhaps buy clothes? Lol.
Yeah I wish they could do that too. But I seriously doubt it. The game cards are crammed enough. I don't think there will ever be any way to customize your character even though that would be pretty radical. (F.Y.I.- I'm trying to bring back the word radical, for no reason. Please help me out!) Buying clothes could be a possibility. But I don't think the clothes could be too complicated, otherwises the game cards might not be able to handle all of that information and pixels and stuff.

BREAKINGBEN
June 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM
But that brings up another point. I remember someone saying that Nintendo might not be using all of the DS card's memory. Maybe they just put in what they want, then ship it half-full. I don't know, but if someone could figure A.) How much memory the cards actually hold and B.) How much memory it takes to make a Pokemon game, then we could see if it's actually POSSIBLE to make a 3 or 4 region game.

CloudXX
June 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Dunno ur right i guess they're creativity is seriously on the low side. All of the pokemon games are the same: beat the gyms, beat down the evil team, capture the legendary, go hit the pokemon league. What happened 2 the fun times of pokemon? It's just so black and white now, just plain boring. If nintendo is gonna make a 5th gen game, they better go out with a bang becuz it better be something good other then the usual we always see i nevery pokemon game. The ranger series wasn't bad i'll admit, but they're creativity has seriously gone down. If and when they're gonna make a 5th gen game, im expecting high standards and it better be something worth paying 49.99$ for.

superaipom
June 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm sure if Gamefreak wanted to put a lot of the new features that we're talking about (Multi-region maps, space gameplay, being able to customize character, and other gameplay besides gyms and contests) into one gamecard, I'm sure they would do it. 'BEN, I did hear that somewhere too. (after I made my last post) I find it hard to believe though. If Gamefreak/Nintendo has a full game-card to work with, don't you think they would use the whole thing? Why would they only use half if they could add so much more.

jaggy101
June 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Thats why i think they hould make it for the Nintendo WII much more fun and you can decide where your pokemon should attack *Area of the body* of the rivals body.