PDA

View Full Version : A simple yes no poll (Who acually wants a 5th Generation)

hothead
June 9th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I have not found a poll like this before i found a lot of threads about it but none with a poll

Who acually wants a 5th Generation

I know i do let me know why you want one and why you don't

And i do not wanna hear about the god pokemon we have to end it here thats crap there are saying to is a god of pokemon whos saying there is not more gods and not all gens need are god so there are heaps of ways around that

Wormow
June 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I know i do let me know why you want one and why you don't

And i do not wanna hear about the god pokemon we have to end it here thats crap there are saying to is a god of pokemon whos saying there is not more gods and not all gens need are god so there are heaps of ways around that

Well, why don't you post a reason?

I want a 5th generation because well, I like the games.

hothead
June 9th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I would like a new game simply because i love the games i like new pokemon i love the adventure and i think the games get better whith each game with exception to gold and silver best game ever

Wormow
June 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Wait, isn't that kinda like my idea? -.-

hothead
June 9th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Its is pretty much we think alike you and I Were on the same wave length JOkes jokes well i gottta go bye

master pokemon
June 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM
i wnat new game because

will ... i want to see more new pokemons and i like the adventures ( just like you )

Drakorn
June 10th, 2008, 01:07 AM
This thread doesn't seem to relate with this forum. So I'm going to report a Moderator to sort this out.

hothead
June 10th, 2008, 02:09 AM
True im accuctually really sorry about that i ment to put it in pokemon general so when the moderator comes can you move it to pokemon general it was a complete mistake i had 2 tabs open and i added it to the wrong one sorry again

Horizon
June 10th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Yup, moving to Pokemon General.

*moves*

Glaceon_
June 10th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I anticipate a 5th Generation, because its likely something they plan on doing, anyway. On top of that, there are likely more possibilities for new Pokemon than others first realise. Be that if they are good or not is up for debate and is personal opinion.

There have been people who say that a 5th Generation would destroy Pokemon; but do they know that for a fact? On top of that, do they know, for a fact, that they won't make one? Just because Arceus, the apparent "God" Pokemon took an appearance.. that's not reason enough. Like some people have said in another thread, they don't need to go one better, every time.

Anyway, I would like for them to make a 5th Generation because I enjoy seeing what Pokemon they come up with, as to if they put more Fire types in or not, (Fire types is where D/P/P faltered) and how the story would be, for the game.

Aikochan
June 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I want a fifth generation I want to see Nintendo make and create new pokemon I wanna see the designs get better. As for the god Pokemon It is pretty pointless to try to keep upping them self again and again. Honestly my favorite legendary has been and always will be Mewtwo. Yes call me old fashion but Mewtwo is and always will be my favorite legendary. I also want them to incorporate the harder puzzles and difficult teams trying to take over the universe or take all pokemon.

Dark Banette
June 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Psh. Yeah! I would LOVE a new generation. Though the chances of the Pokemon looking unoriginal are high, I still want it. Maybe they would fulfill my dream of having an elephant as a water starter...That would be awesome. But they won't start working on it soon. They are probably looking into making a remake of G/S/C. But then again it may never happen. That would be a bummer. =(

fade101
June 10th, 2008, 09:15 AM
*raises hand* ME!!!
Definitely!! You're a 'dumb non-pokemaniac, dude i think you're in the wrong forum' guy, if you voted for no... wait, someone here voted for no...
Gee, i didn't really mean what I said... LOL! Dont think so!
Why the 5th generation? Its the love for the game! I <3 POKEMON! Who doesn't?

King Eevee
June 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't mind a 5th gen game but it would also be okay if there wasn't one. I say this because there are over 480 different pokemon species so far, plus more than enough legendaries and one-chance-rares. but if there were 150 more pokemon than that would be cool as well. Lets see if Nintendo can break 1000 pokemon!
HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?

ximmortaldavex
June 10th, 2008, 09:52 AM
wow 1000? lol the PC would never be able to handle that many pokemon

ximmortaldavex
June 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
wow 1000? lol the PC would never be able to handle that many pokemon and yes i would like a 5th generation as well but it would be that much harder to collect them all.

シーツー
June 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I belong to the 4 persons who actually don't want a 5th generation.
It's just because I think that 4 are enough and they shouldn't create even new Pokémon and a new region... They can use the old regions and Pokémon but PLEASE: No new Pokémon anymore and stuff!!!
But I would advocate a new game with old Pokés...

vano-m
June 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Yes, but i think that every new generarion becomes nore boring and boring...

El Gofre
June 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I think the idea of not wanting Game Freak to make a new game is laughable. 3rd gen aside every game has improved on the last, 5th gen would be no exception. They have the immensly successful DP to base the new game off of, and can keep many of the features we know and love while building upon them and improving them. The DS makes for a far greater potential than DP realised, hopefully the next one will really make use of this excellent console.

iLike2EatPiez
June 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Regardless of whether we want them to or not, they'll still make it as long as they know it gets them money... Persoanally, I'd like it. I mean, they're obviously running out of ideas for new Pokemon and starting to stuff it with unnecessary new ones, but despite its flaws, D/P was and still is fun. Chances are, no matter how against a 5th generation you may be, there's gonna be some new Pokemon or features you enjoy. I want to see how much longer Pokemon can go on, and see if the games continue their downhill creativity-slide. Even if they do, I'm still buying, and so are the millions of fans worldwide, so Nintendo's definately got a good plan to earn cash.

hothead
June 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
With the people who say there running out of ideas i don't think they are other than spirtomb (that looked like a 4 year old drew it) they all looked pretty go to me

o.necromancer.o
June 10th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I would also wan't a new generation but as everyone else has said creativity is lacking. But how awesome would it be if Nintendo learned from their mistake and completely blew us out of the water with new and origional pokemon.

spidey7000
June 11th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Ofcourse I would like to have a 5th Generation. The reason ............ well i just like the games sooooooooo much. Infact i bought my Nintendo DS only for Diamond and Pearl!!! I know it seems crazy but what can i do? Im sort of ADDICTED!

ClassicRockFan
June 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I really don't want to see a 5th Generation. I mean, they have enough Pokemon as it is and I think they put enough in DP to pretty much keep it going for a while. And since they ended the Pokedex with Arceus (The god of the Pokemon) in this generation, it would be strange to see a starter come after it.

RangerLunick
June 11th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Mew was kind of a god in the first gen and they added another lot on. I think their needs to be a new pokedex to sort all the evolutions and legendaries out (I think legendaries should be separate)

Glaceon_
June 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Mew was kind of a god in the first gen and they added another lot on. I think their needs to be a new pokedex to sort all the evolutions and legendaries out (I think legendaries should be separate)

The Ranger speaks truthful; Mew was displayed as the original one, but Arceus; the frankly stupid-looking excuse for a Pokemon, contradicts that. I personally wish they would have brought Arceus out as something, other than a God; because then I would agree with it, but I still call Mew the true original one.

The Pokedex has been pretty liquid, from its creation; the only problem I have is how it has been set out; Pre- and post-evolutions all over the place, in the middle of things that really have nothing to do with it. Stick them together, for crying out loud; Magmortar has nothing to do with Electivire. Although I do see that it looks somewhat "neater", having Pokemon from a particular Generation together.

So in my opinion, the Dex only shows them split into Generation order; just because Arceus is "last in the Pokedex" doesn't mean they should end it. It also doesn't mean anything; being last on the Pokedex. Just that its at the end of that Generations' Dex.

Anti
June 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I kind of want a new generation for hopefully some walling upgrades to balalnce out the metagame. If they are planning special Garchomp as I type this, I'll pass, thanks ;)

Wulf
June 11th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Naw. It was fine with 251. A 5th generation will be too much.

Tsuin
June 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM
The pokemon games may be a bit repetitive, but I still love them. Although the 5th gen will probably be remarkably similar the 4th, I still think they should make one, simply because the more pokemon there are the more fun assembling teams and battling is.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I want a 5th generation. It wouldn't matter to me since I love playing Pokemon

:t354:TG

Katnip
June 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't like a 5th generation; not that I want to see Pokemon end, but because 500+ pokemon would really be pushing it. I hope that they stop creating new pokemon, and then make new games that have different storylines, characters, etc. It would be even awesome-er if they combined all four regions in one game.

Haseo115
June 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
It would be even awesome-er if they combined all four regions in one game.

Trust me we all wish for that.

But it would be interesting to see what they come out with next in a 5th generation.

ErickaVolt
June 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I'm excited in 5th Generation. Though I really want it. Want to be the first to get it. New places to explore, new Pokemon, new characters, new types and Gym Leaders and most of all the new 3D style. It is also possible that it might be a 4D style in the next generation. I dunno, but Platinum would be. I think.

rileyht
June 29th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Purely because it is too hard to name EVERY SINGLE Pokemon, like I used to be able to do.
That and the novelty has worn out. Spin-offs and remakes from here on in I say. They have also run out of ideas. So I guess not so purely because... (see beggining of post)

.emerald
June 29th, 2008, 02:32 AM
yeah!!! we need a 5th gen.
its boring if it ends in sinnoh.....(no more mysteries about pokemon...)

chaos11011
June 29th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I would love a 5th gen. who knows what they will put

Azonic
June 29th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Fifth Generation is a must. Frankly, I don't see why Nintendo would stop creating Pokemon and games with new Regions. Pokemon Fandom still isn't anywhere near a downfall. Diamond and Pearl might have been a slip down the wrong direction, but as long as theres fans to keep and money to make, it's quite pointless to stop the Pokemon series here. No creation of a fifth generation would mean anime would end, TCG production would greatly drop, games of the "hero" type will end, and the fandom population will take a deep plunge. Honestly, it's just losing money if there is a new generation. Now, I am aware of the quantity of Pokemon being introduced, and how the number is quite massive. But animals and the number of species still have a far greater number than the species of Pokemon. I'm not saying the number of Pokemon should get to that number of the species of animals, but it should keep going on and on until the number of sales have found a plunge in the Pokemon gaming market. For me, Pokemon games are still as interesting as it used to be.

.emerald
June 29th, 2008, 03:08 AM
i wonder to what extent, nintendo will make a 5th gen....

YOOM-TAH
June 29th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Without a doubt yes. And I hope they add tons of new things (pokemon, moves, types, items, concepts) and change lots of stuff to make it new and exciting.

About the number of pokemon...I've said this before and I'll say it again. There are 493 pokemon, and there are 7-year olds who can name every one of them in order. There are not too many pokemon.

Euphoric Magikarp
June 29th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Nope, new games are nice, but I didn't like the 4th gen all that much, so unless they make way better Pokemon then the 4th gen I don't want a 5th.

YOOM-TAH
June 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Nope, new games are nice, but I didn't like the 4th gen all that much, so unless they make way better Pokemon then the 4th gen I don't want a 5th.

Man President Bush sucked so bad I don't want another President. :P

Euphoric Magikarp
June 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Man President Bush sucked so bad I don't want another President. :P
I see what you did there.

But I like new games and if they're going to add new Pokemon I would rather it not be 100 or so at a time. Still I don't want a 5th gen, but everyone knows Nintendo is gonna make another one.

hothead
June 29th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I Reckon if they make a new Gen they do not need to make that many pokemon because a new stroy is intresting enough for me without new pokemon it will be bad but without new one i could live But i would Greatly preffer New ones

GKS
June 30th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Both the 3th and 4th generation may seems like a drag, but I still enjoy Pokemon, so I want the 5th generation.

YOOM-TAH
June 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I see what you did there.

But I like new games and if they're going to add new Pokemon I would rather it not be 100 or so at a time. Still I don't want a 5th gen, but everyone knows Nintendo is gonna make another one.

Yes I can see your reasoning. I mean, on one end I can see the argument against adding so many more pokemon because it becomes less original, but to me, not adding ANY would be even more unoriginal. And boring.

KKN
June 30th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I'd like to see a 5th generation, but I think they should release G/S remakes first.

I would like to see many more generations to come, but, eventually, people may not be able to catch all 721400051 of them.

Amoeba
July 1st, 2008, 04:56 AM
Well, it would depend entirely on the situation.

If I had to get a whole new games console, screw it, I won't buy it.

But if its on DS like Diamond and Pearl, that would be more bearable.

Fiery Dash
July 1st, 2008, 05:57 AM
I want, but I'm not ready yet!!

.emerald
July 1st, 2008, 05:59 AM
nintendo will sell billions of the 5th gen merchandise!!!!

YOOM-TAH
July 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Well, it would depend entirely on the situation.

If I had to get a whole new games console, screw it, I won't buy it.

But if its on DS like Diamond and Pearl, that would be more bearable.

Why? I guess you're a very casual gamer then? I mean, if they make a new handheld, it's not going to just be for Pokemon, it will be the new console they develop all their handheld games for. It would probably still be worth getting.

*Firestar*
July 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
I would like a fifth gen but make it a sort of remake of G/S/C. Nintendo hinted towards us that this might be coming:
- Jasmine
- Red Garados hunting
etc.

But topping 1000 pokemon as mentioned earlier in this thread, WOW.

Akarei Yorume
July 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Personally it would be pretty cool to have a fifth generation. Though I'm not sure if they'd be able to handle it. Pokemon has gone on for, like... what, fourteen years?

Akarei Yorume
July 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Personally I think it would be pretty cool to have a fifth generation. Though I'm not sure if they'd be able to handle it. Pokemon has gone on for, like... what, fourteen years?

.emerald
July 1st, 2008, 08:38 PM
maybe they will make a new device just for the 5th gen....

cresselialunar
July 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Of course! Without Gen V, Pokemon would stop going. o_o

Ryden
July 2nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
of the anime? couldn't care less...though it probably should die >_>
but of the games? sure, I'd love it...my only hope is they bring it some decent pkmn this time. 4th really hammed it up for the most part, not saying they're all bad (since it did bring me some of my new favs) but the majority fails to me...

.emerald
July 2nd, 2008, 04:42 AM
^& having an anime is a bad thing????

it would skyrocket if included the anime!!!!

shiny_Riolu
July 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
I want a 5th generation because well, I like the games.
but want old school pokemon in it lloll >_>

Saltare.
July 2nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'd say yes for some reason. I don't know why but, yes

Gummy
July 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
I want a 5th gen for the reason many others do: I don't want Pokemon to end. Pokemon is one of the few games that I can play for a very long time after I've beaten the main story.

Dalevl
July 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Of Course, this would mean that the competitive Metagame would get a overall overhaul with the additions of new moves,items, and the pokemon themselfs

Yoshimi
July 2nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Why not?
I never want pokemon to end, even though the pokemon will look really unoriginal, but they are still pokemon(as long as they don't look terrible).
I have heard that gamefreak is making their last pokemon game in 2012, but i hope that is fake.
Pokemon has been a huge part of my life, and stopping it would make that part of my life all meaningless.
sure there are much more pokemon, but that makes more of a challenge.
and anyone who says it will end with arceus because he is the god pokemon should read better because it was a myth. I would really like a 5th generation to come out, but what diehard pokemon fan wouldn't?

Ryden
July 2nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
^& having an anime is a bad thing????

it would skyrocket if included the anime!!!!I just dislike what the anime has become. sure back in the day it was still kinda lame what with morals in each episode of the kiddy stuff...but back then i was a kid so it was all good. but looking at it now it makes me facepalm, especially since many voices have change (they butchered Brock >_<)

However, if they would just make a separate series from the one going now, one that is meant to target people older then 13 or 15 with a more mature dialog and such, then that would be awesome and I'd probably watch it (I think they'd make a good buck off it to so whats holding them back >_<)

YOOM-TAH
July 2nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Of Course, this would mean that the competitive Metagame would get a overall overhaul with the additions of new moves,items, and the pokemon themselfs

That would please me beyond all end.

EDIT - I think the Anime is way better now.

.emerald
July 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
i agree(anime is a good thing!!), anime in pokemon "DAW" doesen't suit Ryden here, although age affects what you watch.... so .... let it be....
im still a pre-teen so pokemon doesn't seem that childish.

Ryden
July 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
i agree(anime is a good thing!!), anime in pokemon "DAW" doesen't suit Ryden here, although age affects what you watch.... so .... let it be....
im still a pre-teen so pokemon doesn't seem that childish.
hold onto that as long as you can then...you'll miss it once it gone, trust me

MayorPork
July 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Eh, I'm on the fence, but I voted no. I think they just should make new games with the existing pokemon, including a remake of GSC. They could also make a new region, just no new pokemon. I'm just not excited to see them stoop really low and come up with dumb names like "Pandar" or something like that.

Scorcher
July 6th, 2008, 02:49 AM
As long as they don't make the pokemon as crazy and weird looking as this gen, I dont care

ChikoritaBayleef
July 6th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I want it because I love how the graphics in each game just get better and better. I love the graphics in my Pokemon Diamond game. Hopefully in the 5th generation, they'll still keep the real-time clock feature so it can be day and night. =)

I would like a fifth gen but make it a sort of remake of G/S/C. Nintendo hinted towards us that this might be coming:
- Jasmine
- Red Garados hunting
etc.

But topping 1000 pokemon as mentioned earlier in this thread, WOW.

I know I mean, in Diamond they talked about Johto ALOT and Jasmine showed up, plus the Red Gayrados (sp?). Oh god if they make a remake of G/S/C I will just die. I looove those 3 games they were the best EVER! I hope we can play as a girl in them. We probably can since in LG and FR we could play as some random chick.

Machop!
July 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Yes, I do. One thing I would like to see are different Pokemon in the caves and at the start of the game. I don't mind seeing a Bidoof, Starly, Geodude, or Zubat every once in a while, I just want to not see them as much.

Gewitterdrache27
July 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM
(I may sound like a total idiot saying this, but)

I think that they should make a 5th generation game in a new region, but with one difference.

THE PLACE SHOULD BE FRICKIN HUGE!!!

That may not be nice before you get fly, but if you think about it, it makes it so that many Pokemon can accomadate it. New starters yes, but we should see some old pokemon in the fields near the beggining (EG Spearow, Hoothoot, zigzagoon [Pickup = Useful], and shinx), not just new new new pokemon all over. And make those common pokemon less common, eg Bidoof, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zigzagoon, Zubat, Zubat, and Zubat. (I remember in B/R/Y in caves you had like an 80% chance of tripping over another Zubat.) New moves wouldn't hurt, but there are so many that there should only be a few more. Some exotic typed pokemon never done before (EG Dragon Dark, Dragon Ice, Fire Dark, Dark Steel, etc.) should be included, but rare. We should have more Fire/Thunder/Grass/Water stone evos, but the stones should also be up for purchase like they were in B/R/Y. Wouldn't it be cool if we could also visit other regions like in the famous G/S/C versions? Some new gym types wouldn't hurt, like a Dark gym. Anyway, they should really include beter wifi services, as sometimes Wifi can be a nuisance (Especially with all the jerks trying to clone their pokemon by asking for lvl 100 Pokemon, and the jerks NOT trying to trade their level 2 bidoofs for lvl 9 and under mews, I think that we should have two sections, a Hack Trade section and a Real Trade section, for people who want a reasonable trade. ["I wanna trade my level 20 Stunky for a Glameow of any kind!" a week later nothing happens], and the Seek option is messed up because of the jerks.) Almost nuff said.

RaikaCastillo
July 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah I'd like to see a fifth generation, because there's still new game mechanics they can implement. Also, I like the games.

=Zack=
July 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
D: Without a fifth generation, Pokemon would start repeating old regions. That's be pretty cool at first, but the 5th gen would have to come sooner or later.

.emerald
July 6th, 2008, 07:59 PM
hold onto that as long as you can then...you'll miss it once it gone, trust me

i will sure miss it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peanutz
July 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
YES!!!

Pokemon's probably gonna be going on for a LONG time anyway, and I always love to have a new region to explore and some new Pokemon to catch.
Pokemon rocks, and Nintendo rocks for making Pokemon in the first place. =)

brightparis
July 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Of course yes, I love playing lots of new games.

.emerald
July 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
(I may sound like a total idiot saying this, but)

I think that they should make a 5th generation game in a new region, but with one difference.

THE PLACE SHOULD BE FRICKIN HUGE!!!

That may not be nice before you get fly, but if you think about it, it makes it so that many Pokemon can accomadate it. New starters yes, but we should see some old pokemon in the fields near the beggining (EG Spearow, Hoothoot, zigzagoon [Pickup = Useful], and shinx), not just new new new pokemon all over. And make those common pokemon less common, eg Bidoof, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zigzagoon, Zubat, Zubat, and Zubat. (I remember in B/R/Y in caves you had like an 80% chance of tripping over another Zubat.) New moves wouldn't hurt, but there are so many that there should only be a few more. Some exotic typed pokemon never done before (EG Dragon Dark, Dragon Ice, Fire Dark, Dark Steel, etc.) should be included, but rare. We should have more Fire/Thunder/Grass/Water stone evos, but the stones should also be up for purchase like they were in B/R/Y. Wouldn't it be cool if we could also visit other regions like in the famous G/S/C versions? Some new gym types wouldn't hurt, like a Dark gym. Anyway, they should really include beter wifi services, as sometimes Wifi can be a nuisance (Especially with all the jerks trying to clone their pokemon by asking for lvl 100 Pokemon, and the jerks NOT trying to trade their level 2 bidoofs for lvl 9 and under mews, I think that we should have two sections, a Hack Trade section and a Real Trade section, for people who want a reasonable trade. ["I wanna trade my level 20 Stunky for a Glameow of any kind!" a week later nothing happens], and the Seek option is messed up because of the jerks.) Almost nuff said.

i would definitely agree with ya'

5703vcr
July 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
a lot of people are saying that since arceus is the 'god' pokemon, that there could never better better one. but am i wrong or isnt the legend about arceus only refering to the Sinnoh region? i'd personally love to see a new game but with far fewer ledgendaries introduced and included. perhaps 4 or 5 new ones like in the original red/blue games.

.emerald
July 9th, 2008, 04:31 AM
a lot of people are saying that since arceus is the 'god' pokemon, that there could never better better one. but am i wrong or isnt the legend about arceus only refering to the Sinnoh region? i'd personally love to see a new game but with far fewer ledgendaries introduced and included. perhaps 4 or 5 new ones like in the original red/blue games.

i wouldn't actually agree that arceus is the "god" pokemon....
but i do agree about fewer legendaries though...

Cassino
July 9th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Yes. They should only stop making regions and stuff when they run out of areas in Japan to base any regions on.

YOOM-TAH
July 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
If they make a 5th gen (not talking about a GSC remake, talking about an actual new one) and it's in an old region that they've already used before, that would be total failure.

Kerotan
July 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I agree with Tomato, that they shouldn't make any new regions. They should just work off of what they have, like make a game about a contest coordinator, or about a Gym Leader. I think that Nintendo/Game Freak seriously jumped the shark with Sinnoh. I'm not saying D/P wasn't fun, but rather than making not enough new things, they put too much in, (mostly all the Pokemon that were probably created by 4 year olds) I mean, D/P was fun and all, but I was dissapointed in seeing Pokemon like Bidoof and Krickitune.

I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo/Game Freak will make a new region, solely for marketing purpoises. But who knows. Maybe the fifth generation could be unique from the others, like for the Wii? ^_^

InMooseWeTrust
July 9th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Nintendo doesn't need to make any new regions OR any new Pokemon. It just needs to make everything better. For one, there are always two identical games released when one by itself is perfectly fine. I could go on forever but you all know what else I'll say so I'll stop.

Jake♫
July 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I'm going to have to say yes. I'd rather like to have a G/S/C remake first, like they did before R/P with FR/LG, and then Platinum, and then and new generation. I just want the games to continue on.

Silhouette
July 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Eventually, wouldn't someone get sick of all the remakes and similar regions?

timmieboy1995
July 10th, 2008, 05:23 AM
i know i wont.Im like playing pokemon from when it first came out and ill never get enough(not that im really fan from the anime though..)

Glaceon_
July 10th, 2008, 01:01 PM
If they make a 5th gen (not talking about a GSC remake, talking about an actual new one) and it's in an old region that they've already used before, that would be total failure.

Completely agreed. New Generations in old Regions just wouldn't work out, at all. I'm not going to bother listing my reasons for why it would be so, but rest assured; it would not be the same.

I agree with Tomato, that they shouldn't make any new regions. They should just work off of what they have, like make a game about a contest coordinator, or about a Gym Leader. I think that Nintendo/Game Freak seriously jumped the shark with Sinnoh. I'm not saying D/P wasn't fun, but rather than making not enough new things, they put too much in, (mostly all the Pokemon that were probably created by 4 year olds) I mean, D/P was fun and all, but I was dissapointed in seeing Pokemon like Bidoof and Krickitune.

I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo/Game Freak will make a new region, solely for marketing purpoises. But who knows. Maybe the fifth generation could be unique from the others, like for the Wii? ^_^

So long as they stop making horrible designs, like Bidoof, Kricketot and Wobbuffet, they should be set, but you just know that they're going to end up making more horrible Pokemon like it. If Generation V does come, I personally hope they don't destroy my liking for Water type starters, again, as they did when they brought out Mudkip. I seriously hate that thing... >_<

I seriously doubt that they will bring a 3D Generation out; Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are probably going to be the closest we'll ever get, until Nintendo bring out a console that doesn't seem to be for the comic relief of telling people, "Hey, buy this; you're too fat." Looking at the console, it doesn't look much; if any, better than the Gamecube's capabilities. I'll agree that the Wii was an interesting turn in gaming experimentation, but in the eyes of some gamers; including those who I know who have had it and sold it on, there's no place for it. I'm actually personally surprised that the Wii's sales are so high. Though I will admit that it is all up to opinion, and personal preference, in a console.

I'd also like to note that PBR was a step back from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. What they were thinking, I'm not really sure... but oh well...

*Firestar*
July 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I think maybe actually they should make it of you being a school boy and have to do school work about Pokemon and catch things for school and stuff. Might be a change.

PB
July 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I think it would be a really good idea because I would like to see how they progress the 3D graphics and story.

Michii
July 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Yay, I'm voter number one hundred for yes! Therfore, you shall all bow down to me! D:<

Hehe I'd like a fifth generation. Even though it's getting weird going into toys r us for the games, I just would like to have another generation and such.

Brawling_Cookie_xoxo
July 11th, 2008, 06:25 AM
5th Generation? What the heck, aren't we already upto generation 16?

I thought the Pokemon Chronicles games were 5th Gen, followed by the Pokemon Legends and Pokemon: Mythos for the GBA, being 6th and 7th generation respectively.

I'm positive the newest games, Pokemon Fremantle version and Pokemon Essendon version were 16th generation.

Glitter Stain
July 11th, 2008, 07:11 AM
We don't need a 5th Gen. Pokemon needs to give us a GSC remake and then it can die because we will have all we ever wanted.

5th Generation? What the heck, aren't we already upto generation 16?

I thought the Pokemon Chronicles games were 5th Gen, followed by the Pokemon Legends and Pokemon: Mythos for the GBA, being 6th and 7th generation respectively.

I'm positive the newest games, Pokemon Fremantle version and Pokemon Essendon version were 16th generation.
Lmao, that's not funny at all.

YOOM-TAH
July 11th, 2008, 10:09 AM
We don't need a 5th Gen. Pokemon needs to give us a GSC remake and then it can die because we will have all we ever wanted.

No, you and 19 other people here will have all they ever wanted. 103 people voted yes.

.emerald
July 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM
No, you and 19 other people here will have all they ever wanted. 103 people voted yes.
right, majority clearly wins....

[.εternity]
July 12th, 2008, 01:09 AM
My reason is simple:If there won't be a 5th gen,then this forum wouldn't have a subject anymore
because it's a chain reaction:no more games->no more Pokemon->no more anime->no more TCG->no more other merchandise

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 03:17 AM
because it's a chain reaction:no more games->no more Pokemon->no more anime->no more TCG->no more other merchandise

i think you need to re-arrange your chain....

HAJIME
July 12th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Without a 5th generation, a majority of the "fans" will get bored.

There is endless amounts of things you can do in one game, but Pokemon still requires a new lease of life to keep people interested. The minute a new game is out, it's fuel to put down the old one and see what else you can do to make your team superior.

Without that, the superiority race would slowly end.

To be honest, the original 150 are still the ones that I think are the best. The second gen were okay, third gen I loathed... the 4th to me are on par with the 2nd in terms of the monsters themselves.

There's no decline into oblivion here, so I say keep 'em coming.

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Without a 5th generation, a majority of the "fans" will get bored.

yeah i agree,but there should be a limit to the no. of gens. nintendo makes or things will be out of control!!!

InMooseWeTrust
July 12th, 2008, 05:44 AM

Fire Red and Leaf Green weren't total failures. What's your point?

Jeffery111
July 12th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I think if they make an interesting new region with different features, even if it means replacing some old ones. Also with a lesser number of pokemon added. Sure some are cool, and the rest we'll get used to but, they should try and put more care into the things they create, and if we get quality ones, rather than just poke-fodder, then that's all good.

Vie
July 12th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I would love to have a 5th generation, but only if they take enough time and patience for drawing it. I mean, the pokemon become more ugly and simple drawed every generation... -.-''

seemecelinna
July 12th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Of course i want 5th generation, i hope it would be as enjoyable as earlier s generations .

Glitter Stain
July 12th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I think that if a 5th Gen comes around, it should just work with the Pokemon they already have.

YOOM-TAH
July 12th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I think that if a 5th Gen comes around, it should just work with the Pokemon they already have.

Which is idiotic and it would be boring and the same game as D/P/P. Why is there too many? Can you not count to 493 or something?

.emerald
July 13th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Which is idiotic and it would be boring and the same game as D/P/P. Why is there too many? Can you not count to 493 or something?

so, how many will they add in the pokedex??
150?
(why the harshness)

YOOM-TAH
July 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
so, how many will they add in the pokedex??
150?
(why the harshness)

Add another 100 or so I say.

I'm harsh because I'm kind of tired of people thinking they should stop making new pokemon, because there's pretty much no logic to the thinking. IMO if you think that, you're not a fan of pokemon, at all. You can say that the designs are getting worse (which I disagree with anyway), but that's no reason to stop designing altogether. That's reason to simply improve.

Cobja619
July 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I think that the legendarys are getting better and better because I like how they made Dialga and Palkia and I hope that if there's a 5th gen the Legendarys will be even better!

dragonarche
July 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Yea a 5th Generation
would be ausome

caise i like the cartoons and the pokemon game

Spenny
July 13th, 2008, 07:20 PM
For sure. It would keep this **** alive.

Cobja619
July 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
If they had a 5th gen they would have to add better features then Diamond had. (And more of those upside down levels like I've seen in screenies for Platinum.)

.emerald
July 14th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Add another 100 or so I say.

I'm harsh because I'm kind of tired of people thinking they should stop making new pokemon, because there's pretty much no logic to the thinking. IMO if you think that, you're not a fan of pokemon, at all. You can say that the designs are getting worse (which I disagree with anyway), but that's no reason to stop designing altogether. That's reason to simply improve.
ok, i understand,& im a BIG fan of pokemon(i dont think that way).
100 is ok, nintendo should put more effort into the 5th gen(if there is)
I think that the legendarys are getting better and better because I like how they made Dialga and Palkia and I hope that if there's a 5th gen the Legendarys will be even better!
i hope so,the legendaries are imoprtant parts of each generation.

For sure. It would keep this **** alive.
what does this mean!!^^^(honestly, stop being so negative..)

๐Chubbyz๐
July 27th, 2008, 04:50 AM
new pokemon games ^^ , so poke fans wont get bored , see new pokemons and yeh...
dont want pokemon to end now .

Nuke
July 27th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I'd love another one but I want to see more Fire pokemon and less Dragons.

I dont think another 100 is a good idea, some D/P designs were tacky and poor (Carnivine, Magmortar) and I think they should go for quality over quantity. 60 new ones would be good.

Avey
July 27th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Instead of jumping into the discussion here, I'll just answer the question that this thread asked. I hate it when people jump into the middle of a discussion after being absent for the first half of it, it really ticks me off.

Anyways, moving on, I don't want a fifth generation. Not only would it be crazy to have new Pokémon after the God of all Pokémon (Arceus) was released to the public, but think of how unoriginal the designs would be for a fifth generation of Pokémon. The last two generations were bad enough, in my opinion. I have a feeling that Arceus was created to signify the end of Pokémon, but then I suppose you could all argue that Mew was created to signify the end of Pokémon, so I won't bother enforcing that point. Will there be a fifth generation? Probably. As much as I don't want it to happen, Nintendo/Gamefreak know that no matter how unoriginal or bad the games are, people will still buy them and they will still be bestselling games. I think that right now, the situation calls for a remake of Gold, Silver and Crystal and leaving the Pokémon franchise at that.

FinalPaladin
July 27th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Instead of jumping into the discussion here, I'll just answer the question that this thread asked. I hate it when people jump into the middle of a discussion after being absent for the first half of it, it really ticks me off.

Anyways, moving on, I don't want a fifth generation. Not only would it be crazy to have new Pokémon after the God of all Pokémon (Arceus) was released to the public, but think of how unoriginal the designs would be for a fifth generation of Pokémon. The last two generations were bad enough, in my opinion. I have a feeling that Arceus was created to signify the end of Pokémon, but then I suppose you could all argue that Mew was created to signify the end of Pokémon, so I won't bother enforcing that point. Will there be a fifth generation? Probably. As much as I don't want it to happen, Nintendo/Gamefreak know that no matter how unoriginal or bad the games are, people will still buy them and they will still be bestselling games. I think that right now, the situation calls for a remake of Gold, Silver and Crystal and leaving the Pokémon franchise at that.
but oni they could make a new form of arceus or make it that aceuse was created by the real creator.i would love a 5th generation.but they should focus on evelutions for old pokemon for example make a new dustox/butterfly or a new vespiquen

Avey
July 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM
but oni they could make a new form of arceus or make it that aceuse was created by the real creator.i would love a 5th generation.but they should focus on evelutions for old pokemon for example make a new dustox/butterfly or a new vespiquen

And another thing, new forms of Pokémon have proved that Nintendo/Gamefreak have lost all originality they used to have. You're right, there could be a new form of Arceus. If there isn't a fifth generation, there probably will be loads of new forms of old Pokémon, which would be horrible. Looking at it from that prospective, I wouldn't mind a fifth generation.

Good point, FinalPaladin.

FinalPaladin
July 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM
thanx oni raichu.they could give the starters new modes in gen 5.oh yeh u hav a cool sig oni.

spike6958
July 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Im sure they are doing a 5th Gen, when Pokemon D/P launched in the USA i watched the big launch show that they did on my computer, and they where talking to one of the Pokemon designers and he was asked about a 5th gen and all he said was they where working on some designes, now he didn't say anymore than that but he could have ment one of two things they could have been working on the New Forms for Shayamin and Giratina or it that they where making some designes for possible 5th gen Pokemon.